(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 241.
#3251 3 years ago

I am sure AIQ will smoke TMNT in any aspect, just ordered my Premium.

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Hahaha, your hatred for the difficulty of TMNT has been greatly documented and that is acceptable. I expect Avengers to be a bit easier. We won't know until we know but I feel pretty good about that guess.

#3253 3 years ago

Keep it about TMNT, boys.

+350 games played on our Pro and still excited to play it every day.
Flow is fantastic. It can be frustrating from time to time, but that's part of a great game imo.
It's still the most packed and most beautiful NIB Pro out there.

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I would be more excited about Avengers if the Pro had more to offer. As it sits, the premium is the only way to go on that one.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'm starting to think this game is too hard. We can't seem to find the shots on my Prem. I'd say we find the shots somewhere between 5 and 10 percent of the time. Current highest score of all the people that have played it is 15 mil. Right at 500 games played.

Its to the point it almost isn't fun anymore....

kh39540 - I am a decent player and don't find the shots too tough, but here's some things that might help. A lot of folks have said to adjust the pitch. Have you been able to backhand both ramps? The right ramp is waaay safer and easier as a backhand. The left as well though a tougher shot. I've noticed on the machine I've played the most that at varying pitches, it's easy to hit the right ramp from a backhand. The left sometimes is not hittable if very steep and/or if the flippers are getting tired from being played for several hours in a row.

Also when the ball comes out of the Mondo shot loop backwards towards your flipper you can hold up that upper flipper. If it's coming out somewhat fast, it'll roll up the upper left flipper giving you a nicer slow roll to aim a shot from that upper flipper to either the Mondo loop and/or the side ("middle") ramp. YMMV but we've noticed this has helped some strangers who have walked by and joined in with us playing TMNT

#3256 3 years ago

Avengers just crushed tmnt in my opinion and many other.

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That’s surprising, you’ve seemed to love tmnt on this owners thread

#3258 3 years ago

I am not a big Avengers fan but I do love me some TMNT. I believe the theme of your game has to speak to you if your going to spend that kind of money and mine screams Cowabunga!

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Everything in Avengers looks far away from the flippers and there isn't much to create side to side action. I suspect this game might be easier like IMDN but definitely easier than TMNT.
Edit: Looking at Avengers side by side with JP the shot locations appear slightly similar. It may be a slightly easier JP2.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing the images. If you have to keep hitting the drop target bank on the left, that could make things interesting. Looking forward to giving this thing a flip!

#3260 3 years ago

I am officially in the club with a premium i just picked up! (i didnt pre-order, but lucky for me, someone backed out of theirs at my local dealer)

I grew up watching tmnt as a kid and my kids seem to dig it so far (I bought it for me any ways, haha)

The pizza disc seems loud to me (hard to compare/quantify that though), may need to investigate that further. A few other oddities:

- Had turtle power multiball going and eventually drained but my round/ball continued (like it didnt realized all the balls were in the trough). I turned it on, checked the trough, ran a switch test and everything looked fine. Hasnt happened again but will keep an eye on this one.

- My wife was playing and got turtle power multiball without hitting anything, makes me wonder if there is a switch that needs adjustment (the one that starts this multi-ball). Only happened once so we'll see.

Those upper flipper shots are so damn hard but man... when you hit them it feels so good.

I dont understand any of the rules, lol, but that will come to me.

20200902_155337 (resized).jpg20200902_155337 (resized).jpg

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am not a big Avengers fan but I do love me some TMNT. I believe the theme of your game has to speak to you if your going to spend that kind of money and mine screams Cowabunga!

Totally agree. It's all personal preference, but seeing the Deadpool and TMNT previews from Stern got me pumped to buy.

#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

- Had turtle power multiball going and eventually drained but my round/ball continued (like it didnt realized all the balls were in the trough). I turned it on, checked the trough, ran a switch test and everything looked fine. Hasnt happened again but will keep an eye on this one.
- My wife was playing and got turtle power multiball without hitting anything, makes me wonder if there is a switch that needs adjustment (the one that starts this multi-ball). Only happened once so we'll see.

The ramps start Turtle Power multiball, so check ramp switches.

#3263 3 years ago

I do not think so. Both games will hold their own and I am sure both games will be good.

Avengers has just come out and hardly anyone has even flipped it yet.

TMNT is still early in its life and so far looks great. I am looking forward to flipping both. What a fantastic time to be in pinball!

#3264 3 years ago

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Pro, Premium and LE all available on 1.21.0
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#3265 3 years ago

Looks like I’m slowly making some progress on my grainy playfield issue. My distributor is involved and stern is escalating it for review. Finger crossed they will fix it, but no guarantees of course.

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s surprising, you’ve seemed to love tmnt on this owners thread

Totally wanted a tmnt until I had playfield issues with my JP premium with radio silence from my distributor. I heard they now changed how the games are manufactured by not having ball guides touch playfield and prevent pooling.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Wow. Amazing work!!! A lot of that looks like it was always meant to be that way.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Wow. Amazing work!!! A lot of that looks like it was always meant to be that way.

Thank you! The hardest part was trying to find clips that made sense for each scene. There are over 200 videos, so it was a boatload of work, but also really fun

#3269 3 years ago

Well, add me to the list of people with Glider issues. One week old. Noticed this today. The glider is working. It moves left, right and center, but it’s ‘fidgeting.’ I’ve calibrated it twice and it’s still doing this. I’ve heard about Glider issues, but I’m not aware if this is one of them. What’s weird is that it’s working the way it’s supposed to with regards to diverting. It moves left, center, and right but fidgets around...but not in test mode. In test/calibration mode in doesn’t fidget at all but it doesn’t always move back to the same point. If I set the calibration for center at 188 and move it left or right, when it goes back to center it’s 190, or 191. Same for the other positions. There is a tiny 4-pin node board inside some heat shrink that the glider connects to. I’m wondering if that is the issue and sending errant voltage to the servo. Any ideas? It's working for the moment except for the fidgeting. I'm sure at some point the servo will die due to this.

#3270 3 years ago

Totally wanted a tmnt until I had playfield issues with my JP premium with radio silence from my distributor. I heard they now changed how the games are manufactured by not having ball guides touch playfield and prevent pooling.

They discovered washers?

#3271 3 years ago

Yep, I get it. They definitely have some crappy issues but have you played tmnt? Avengers hasn’t been released so not sure how it crushes tmnt without playing it.

Although, I am excited for avengers and will be buying a prem or le. I do think it will be awesome but won’t know if it’s better until I play it and compare.

#3272 3 years ago

Im getting avengers as well but holding on to my tmnt. I need to get better at this game. And unless avengers has coop(havent shown yet) its missing a big feature from tmnt.

#3273 3 years ago

I am officially in the club with a premium i just picked up! (i didnt pre-order, but lucky for me, someone backed out of theirs at my local dealer)
I grew up watching tmnt as a kid and my kids seem to dig it so far (I bought it for me any ways, haha)
The pizza disc seems loud to me (hard to compare/quantify that though), may need to investigate that further. A few other oddities:
Those upper flipper shots are so damn hard but man... when you hit them it feels so good.
I dont understand any of the rules, lol, but that will come to me.
[quoted image]

I know that look where you just take a little bit too long to take the shot......

Congrats, you wait till he plays coop with you!!

#3274 3 years ago

Anyone know what the upgraded sub woofers are ? I got the kenwoods looking to upgrade the sub as well

#3275 3 years ago

As I said, found this game too fast and hard when first got it. Now lots of fun because:

Sling power 20
Superbands. As someone stated they make the world of difference In getting the lair shot. Also helps with middle ramp and loop. The green, although a little dark, looks really great on turtles.

Still fun and fast. But manageable for me.

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans

That is amazing! I couldn’t find turtles clapping so high fives all around!!

6B1CDE41-0B4F-48DC-9B66-5E26BE987289.gif6B1CDE41-0B4F-48DC-9B66-5E26BE987289.gif
#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans

This looks awesome! Love the effort you put in

#3278 3 years ago

Anyone heard rumours or noise regarding when we might see the turtles topper?

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from TheHoss:

I’m having a few issues with my TMNT Premium.
1st: The auto plunger mech is having a hard time launching the ball up the ramp and around to the turtle van. Most of the time, the ball barely makes it to the short plunge ramp. This is a problem, because the game needs to reload the van after a multiball, and when it can’t, balls start stacking up in the shooter lane.
2nd: When you make a successful shot to the pizza parlor to lock ball one, the game thinks two balls are present. Both animations play back to back after ball one locks. Afterwards, when you successfully lock ball two, the game loses the ball, and a few minute long ball search begins. It will finally dump the balls in the van and ball locks, for a multiball that shouldn’t happen. Then the game try’s to reload the van, and the weak auto plunger can’t make the shot, and balls start stacking up everywhere. We have played 185 balls, and I’ve already had 90 ball searches run. Weirdly enough, after a power off reboot it will work correctly for a couple of games, before it happens again.
I’ve looked over the game for any loose connections, to no avail. The auto plunger does have a small tear in a white nylon washer on the left side of the mechanism.
The game is currently running 1.21.0 code. I’ve leveled front to back and left to right. I’ve adjusted the auto plunger power. I’ve bent the metal tabs of the mech in a little to squarely hit the ball. It’s better, but still soft plunging a lot.
I was expecting diverter and play field problems, and end up with a whole new bag of fail. Lol. Any ideas, please let me hear em.

@ducatination, sounds very similar to what we saw this week. Issues with ball counting, resolved on reboot, resurfacing after a game or two. May be related to the 2nd prob we encountered with the pre-loaded balls not releasing even though the white holding post fired multiple times. definitely a bug.

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Maybe my bubble is off. The game says the bubble indicates 6.5, but as you can see, my phone says 7.5. [quoted image]

@ducatination, may want to put a digital level on your playfield.

#3281 3 years ago

Got my Premium TMNT Wednesday! So proud of what the team did on this... Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

#3282 3 years ago

Anyone who is interested in possible playfield resolution issues should consider listening to last month's
(Aug 10) "Just another pinball Podcast" Episode 8. at about 35 min in Joel (professional printer!) talks about his new TMNT playfield and possible reasons for the resolution issue. very educational.

#3283 3 years ago

I just had my best game last night and only got 52mil. I have a lot of work to do to get the Cowabunga Wizard mode. Lol. I think it’s going to be like battling the beast in IMDN. Impossible.

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Got my Premium TMNT Wednesday! So proud of what the team did on this... Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

You killed it as always. It's a really fun pin and gets easier with a lot of plays. I've seen your Deadpool scores so I think you'll do fine.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Your art puts this pin at another level! I want all 3 translites on my wall. And will probably get a tattoo of some of the characters.

Been a TMNT fan my entire life, and your representation of them may be my absolute favorite.

#3286 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Congrats to you and the team. Your art alone was a huge selling point for me on TMNT and Ghostbusters.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

I highly recommend changing Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes" to make battle again more useful/effective and Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2" so you don't get screwed by a moon-walking ball out of the LAIR lane.

Oh and I'd also recommend telling Dwight to allow Battle Again to carry over between balls when you drain without using it!

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I highly recommend changing Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes" to make battle again more useful/effective and Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2" so you don't get screwed by a moon-walking ball out of the LAIR lane.
Oh and I'd also recommend telling Dwight to allow Battle Again to carry over between balls when you drain without using it!

Lane Change Ball Save is the best adjustment I found and should be default. @xaqery, is there a reason you have it default to slings?

#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Anyone who is interested in possible playfield resolution issues should consider listening to last month's
(Aug 10) "Just another pinball Podcast" Episode 8. at about 35 min in Joel (professional printer!) talks about his new TMNT playfield and possible reasons for the resolution issue. very educational.

Thanks for the shoutout!

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thanks for the shoutout!

Any word on the resolution to your playfield?

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Lane Change Ball Save is the best adjustment I found and should be default.

I definitely agree that it should be default. I'd also like to see options for Battle Again Carryover between balls and easier Battle Again options: both lanes lit, both lanes lit for 1st Battle Again, and then 1 lane lit

LAIR ballsave could probably be on by default as well.

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I definitely agree that it should be default. I'd also like to see options for Battle Again Carryover between balls and easier Battle Again options: both lanes lit, both lanes lit for 1st Battle Again, and then 1 lane lit
LAIR ballsave could probably be on by default as well.

Can you guys elaborate on some of these tweaks you making in the settings? apologies if this has already been hashed out.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thanks for the shoutout!

Any pictures showing the issue? would like to compare it to mine just to check.

#3294 3 years ago

Can you guys elaborate on some of these tweaks you making in the settings? apologies if this has already been hashed out.

Quoted from shaub:

Lane change battle again allows you to change which outlane is lit for Battle again with the flipper buttons

The LAIR ballsave gives you ball save when the ball is released from the LAIR lane/Under the the flipper area, so if the ball happens to bounce out the left outlane, you don't get screwed.

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Lane change battle again allows you to change which outlane is lit for Battle again with the flipper buttons
The LAIR ballsave gives you ball save when the ball is released from the LAIR lane/Under the the flipper area, so if the ball happens to bounce out the left outlane, you don't get screwed.

Ahhhhh, i get it. Thanks!

#3296 3 years ago

Any pictures showing the issue? would like to compare it to mine just to check.

This is a screenshot of the document we sent to Stern. My playfield is on the right. The vertical lines from the print head bother me more that the graininess. If they are going to print at a lower resolution that is fine, but they need to at least print it without defects.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.19.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.19.00 PM (resized).png

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Any word on the resolution to your playfield?

Not yet.

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

This is a screenshot of the document we sent to Stern. My playfield is on the right. The vertical lines from the print head bother me more that the graininess. If they are going to print at a lower resolution that is fine, but they need to at least print it without defects.
[quoted image]

Here's my comparison photo. My playfield is on the left. The biggest difference is the orange color above Slash's left shoulder.

20200828_171059 (resized).jpg20200828_171059 (resized).jpg
#3299 3 years ago

Have had my TMNT pro since late June. Really great package overall and with some further code enhancement, I think it could be a true “keeper.”

Shots are tough but I like that you can backhand both ramps. My LAIR feed bounced to the outlane a lot the first 2 weeks I had the game but now it almost never happens. Perhaps the rubbers settled in a bit.

I’d love to see an increase in the Team Up frequency. Make it available after 2 battles so that you end up hitting all 4 by the wizard mode. Or have completed modes count as 2 modes for Team Up qualification to further reward mode success.

Mode and Foot 1-2-3 scoring are still way too low in my opinion even with 2x scoring.

Combos need to be added to the code somehow to reward any time you hit the center ramp after another shot. Maybe add in a side mini wizard mode involving the Technodrome after a certain number.

#3300 3 years ago

You won’t hear anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/66?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.