(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 241.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Is anyone actually getting any kind of resolution to the ink/printing issue either direct or via distributors?

My distributor reached out to Stern last week, but they haven’t heard anything back. Have a feeling it will be a while before they get back to them.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Found the proper Alan wrench, greased up the nylon washers, no more crunchy sounds. But it’s still wobbles more than I’m comfortable with, and everything Is tight. I guess I’ll just live with. Trying to level with playfield is not fun when it’s this wobbly. Always one side or the other has a 1/8” lip on it. No matter what. Or it’s all above or all below that much.. I’ll keep trying... I did the repair on my lunch break today . It’s pretty simple

Mine doesn’t wobble in normal operation, but it seemed to be higher on one side which caused the ball to jump. When it hit one of the dimension x targets the ball jumped back over the flippers. The longest airball I have ever seen.

Anyway, I tried to level and it was still higher on left hand side. I added 3 washers under the mounts to try to correct. It is now a smidgen higher on bottom right but that doesn’t seem to affect the ball.

Now for the downside. I think the machine now shakes when multiball starts. I can’t be 100% sure but I think before I tried to level the machine did not shake at all when pizza multiball started.

Am I just not remembering things or do some people experience no slight machine shake or wobble when the multiball starts?

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine doesn’t wobble in normal operation, but it seemed to be higher on one side which caused the ball to jump. When it hit one of the dimension x targets the ball jumped back over the flippers. The longest airball I have ever seen.
Anyway, I tried to level and it was still higher on left hand side. I added 3 washers under the mounts to try to correct. It is now a smidgen higher on bottom right but that doesn’t seem to affect the ball.
Now for the downside. I think the machine now shakes when multiball starts. I can’t be 100% sure but I think before I tried to level the machine did not shake at all when pizza multiball started.
Am I just not remembering things or do some people experience no slight machine shake or wobble when the multiball starts?

Same air all issue,but realignment of pizza stopped them. Still seems weird crust it’s lopsided like that.
A out the shaking, I’ll assume you have the pro ? I have shaker motor,it shakes very intense at start of pizza multiball.

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Same air all issue,but realignment of pizza stopped them. Still seems weird crust it’s lopsided like that.
A out the shaking, I’ll assume you have the pro ? I have shaker motor,it shakes very intense at start of pizza multiball.

Yes I have the pro. I think I will put up with pin vibrating. I guess that is to be expected, when pizza multiball starts. Just didn’t want to cause damage to the mech. Thanks for responding.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yes I have the pro. I think I will put up with pin vibrating. I guess that is to be expected, when pizza multiball starts. Just didn’t want to cause damage to the mech. Thanks for responding.

Even without the shaker in the game, you will get some shaking of the game with Pizza MB starts. You can have 1-3 balls on the pizza, potentially more when balls autolaunch. Any imbalance (even number of balls connected on the magnet, or 2 balls on 1 side of center) will shake the machine until the magnet releases.

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

I think Jurassic Park is a bit harder than TMNT. The two games play so differently. After a couple weeks or hard core play on my TMNT Pro, I can tell you it's easier than JP but much much harder than Deadpool, Munsters, and Star Wars for reference....

MUCH harder than Star Wars as I own both. Deadpool isnt anywhere near either in difficulty(own that as well). I like my LE, but tmnt has been very frustrating for me. I suck at it!

#3207 3 years ago

Recently installed new code on my pro and had two player game come up. Thought this was corrected?
Also Shot left loop and ball stuck behind van I believe on magnet went into ball search messed up a great game I was having!! happend twice on original code Too! Not sure what the deal is here!

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just curious. At what point does stern make plastics to fix these sorts of issues?

I talked to someone in the support department today and it was the first he had heard of the issue. He was reaching out to other team members to see if they have encountered the issue. If you have the issue I suggest you contact their support department so that they are aware of it.

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Recently installed new code on my pro and had two player game come up. Thought this was corrected?
Also Shot left loop and ball stuck behind van I believe on magnet went into ball search messed up a great game I was having!! happend twice on original code Too! Not sure what the deal is here!

No magnets... there is a up post tho. Maybe it's a tad high in the down position and slow shots get caught? Or it's a tad low in down position and ball sits in the hole? . Check the post out first and if it's ok set the game up a little more steeper and that may help also.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I talked to someone in the support department today and it was the first he had heard of the issue. He was reaching out to other team members to see if they have encountered the issue. If you have the issue I suggest you contact their support department so that they are aware of it.

Will do. I would love a shield at the front of the right ramp before the gate like @prodoshi designed. These sorts of things should be provided by Stern rather than relying on owners to buy ramp shields from modders. Not trying to steal business away from modders, but Bally/Williams used to provide additional plastics for problem areas in the day. Just look at NGG.

#3211 3 years ago

Anyone concerned about the dome heads on the ramp screws near the ramp flaps? I can't work out why they didn't use small counter sunk screws like all other games have...

I know the sprung steel seems to be higher than the screw heads, but wondering if I should swap them out.

Edit: so I replaced one. The countersunk certainly sit better. Don’t know why stern aren’t using them.

512EA4B7-375D-42E1-B53D-47AD5A455F35 (resized).jpeg512EA4B7-375D-42E1-B53D-47AD5A455F35 (resized).jpegAA2E34B3-103B-4C4C-BF68-877278E5523D (resized).jpegAA2E34B3-103B-4C4C-BF68-877278E5523D (resized).jpeg
#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No magnets... there is a up post tho. Maybe it's a tad high in the down position and slow shots get caught? Or it's a tad low in down position and ball sits in the hole? . Check the post out first and if it's ok set the game up a little more steeper and that may help also.

Big D I think you may be on to something I d say tad low! As I could see ball sitting stuck and shaking game did not release it I assumed a magnet by the way it did not move at all.
Only happened when a slow shot up left lane .
I will look into adjusting it. Thanks for your insight !

#3213 3 years ago

I think it’s been said before, but I wish foot 123 animations did not take precedence over episode animations. There is nothing worse than having a new episode unlocked and rather than watch new scenes unfold your stuck watching foot 123. I don’t mind seeing the knockouts occur as you hit the 3 different combo shots but it should predominantly show the episode footage. Foot 123 and weapon hurry ups should play 2nd fiddle to episode progression.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I think it’s been said before, but I wish foot 123 animations did not take precedence over episode animations. There is nothing worse than having a new episode unlocked and rather than watch new scenes unfold your stuck watching foot 123. I don’t mind seeing the knockouts occur as you hit the 3 different combo shots but it should predominantly show the episode footage. Foot 123 and weapon hurry ups should play 2nd fiddle to episode progression.

They already made 123 less more present by disabling lock out from episodes, only playing audio between episodes and only lighting 123 if you haven't already beaten it- thats alot. I was happy to see this, since i hated how it always kicks me out of my favourite episode 8 with the cool music. Since then i got to episode 8 a few more times, only to get interrupted by weapon hurry up instead . If the game wasn't that punishing, 123 and weapon wouldn't feel so disturbing imo, because it could be completed fast. I realised 123 and weapon is a big part of the game, just think of at all the inserts on the PF and the music, but its not rewarding enough for me. Maybe its because I am not the best player or the code is not fitting well yet, what do you think?

#3215 3 years ago

I'm having a few issues. The first is that after a successful lair shot it often drops into the inlanes and bounces for a left outlane drain. I'd love some advice for that. Can't be intended and feels very awful. The second is that I'm not sure if the glider is working as designed. If I shoot a left ramp shot to try and build glider value or anything really it jerks the glider center and makes it go to the left flipper regardless if I have it on the right side or not. Also on the glider I try to manually calibrate it and can only calibrate the center position? If I move left and right to try and select another position it just chooses center again. It's calibrated much further right than left by default and can't figure out how to adjust it.

#3216 3 years ago

If you go into adjustments you can add a lair ball save. Put a couple seconds there.

Quoted from JackOfPots:

I'm having a few issues. The first is that after a successful lair shot it often drops into the inlanes and bounces for a left outlane drain. I'd love some advice for that. Can't be intended and feels very awful. The second is that I'm not sure if the glider is working as designed. If I shoot a left ramp shot to try and build glider value or anything really it jerks the glider center and makes it go to the left flipper regardless if I have it on the right side or not. Also on the glider I try to manually calibrate it and can only calibrate the center position? If I move left and right to try and select another position it just chooses center again. It's calibrated much further right than left by default and can't figure out how to adjust it.

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

Go to the topic index at the top of the page. There's a link to a fix for this someone posted. If you don't want to do that you can add a ball save for that area in the settings.

#3218 3 years ago

Does the ball make contact with the screw heads? Looks close enough to the ramp wall that the ball may clear them. Note similar position as the ramp rivet heads.

#3219 3 years ago

I think I have a problem with my pizza wheel. I thought it was to do with the playfield not being level with the bracket. But I have one arc of the pizza disc higher than the playfield. The disc is warped. So when I rotate it the high bump rotates around the clock. If I have the disc mostly flat except for this one high point, I get airballs that go straight up to where the top of my mezel mods glider. To stop the airballs, I have to lower the front of the disc to actually be a smidgen lower than the playfield. This causes balls to be affected by the disc a lot more in play and I worry about the longevity of my playfield. I will reach out to stern, just wonder if anyone else having these issues.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I think I can help.

You can actually set a ball save for when it comes out of the lair. I have mine set to 1 second.

I’m still experiencing the same glider issue and spoke with Stern about it. They have to send a warranty replacement glider mech, but before they can my distributor has to open a claim so that they can ship me a new part.

Just to be clear, is this the glider issue you’re having?

#3221 3 years ago

I'm starting to think this game is too hard. We can't seem to find the shots on my Prem. I'd say we find the shots somewhere between 5 and 10 percent of the time. Current highest score of all the people that have played it is 15 mil. Right at 500 games played.

Its to the point it almost isn't fun anymore....

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'm starting to think this game is too hard. We can't seem to find the shots on my Prem. I'd say we find the shots somewhere between 5 and 10 percent of the time. Current highest score of all the people that have played it is 15 mil. Right at 500 games played.
Its to the point it almost isn't fun anymore....

What do you mean you can't find the shots? You can't hit them or you don't know what to shoot for?

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I think I can help.
You can actually set a ball save for when it comes out of the lair. I have mine set to 1 second.
I’m still experiencing the same glider issue and spoke with Stern about it. They have to send a warranty replacement glider mech, but before they can my distributor has to open a claim so that they can ship me a new part.
Just to be clear, is this the glider issue you’re having?

Mine moves more than yours in that video. At least to the right. I just want to know at what times the diverter is supposed to work or what times the game is supposed to take it over.

Thanks for the help. I'll add a ball save timer and look into maybe a drawer stop.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

What do you mean you can't find the shots? You can't hit them or you don't know what to shoot for?

Can't hit them. Can get close, just rarely make them.

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

Mine moves more than yours in that video. At least to the right. I just want to know at what times the diverter is supposed to work or what times the game is supposed to take it over.
Thanks for the help. I'll add a ball save timer and look into maybe a drawer stop.

The game usually takes over the glider once you hit the skill shot I think for Donatello. Other than that I think you should be able to control it as long as the button is purple. Hitting the button should make it switch drastically to divert left or divert right. If you hit the button while it’s purple and it obstructs the lane (which stops the ball), that’s a problem and would probably get in touch with your distributor.

#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

How is yours setup? Mine was very mean until I set it at about 6.7 degrees. Make sure it is level the other direction. Still is a very fast game. Shots feel late to me but I am also a very mediocre player.

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Your pitch or balance might be off...

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your pitch or balance might be off...

Quoted from FNwoz:

How is yours setup? Mine was very mean until I set it at about 6.7 degrees. Make sure it is level the other direction. Still is a very fast game. Shots feel late to me but I am also a very mediocre player.

I'll try to go up to go down some this weekend. See what it does. This is where its at now.

IMG-20200902-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20200902-WA0002 (resized).jpg
#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'll try to go up to go down some this weekend. See what it does. This is where its at now. [quoted image]

Get yourself the pinguy app for leveling the machine ... its a must have.

#3230 3 years ago

Maybe my bubble is off. The game says the bubble indicates 6.5, but as you can see, my phone says 7.5.

15991000606473049027056769631095 (resized).jpg15991000606473049027056769631095 (resized).jpg
#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Get yourself the pinguy app for leveling the machine ... its a must have.

I'll do that.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'll try to go up to go down some this weekend. See what it does. This is where its at now. [quoted image]

My bubble is in the center but I had to lower my back legs to almost flat and raised the front a bit. I’ve never had to do that on a pin. Usually my back legs are up further

#3233 3 years ago

This one? Pinball Leveler? I don't see anything by pinguy...

Screenshot_20200902-215334_Google Play Store (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200902-215334_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
#3234 3 years ago

I have it on iPhone, maybe its not android?

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I changed mine to 6.5 recently and I’m having trouble making the shots too. Wouldn’t 6.7 cause the game to be faster?

#3236 3 years ago

Yes but it may make the shots hit more. I believe im at 6.6 right now

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

I changed mine to 6.5 recently and I’m having trouble making the shots too. Wouldn’t 6.7 cause the game to be faster?

All the time, or just after playing for about 20-30 minutes? It takes about 20-30 minutes for TMNT to have coil temps that cause minor fade which can result in bricked or missed shots or incomplete ramps (especially backhands), mostly on the left coil on the one I have. If you do okay initially and then start having problems later in a session, it may be mild fade.

#3238 3 years ago

I reduced the pitch of my game too. I am around 6.3 now.
After reducing the Pitch i am able to shoot ramps much better.
I have longer games now.
But it could be the practice too

#3239 3 years ago

Could anyone tell me what the part numbers are for the 5 1/4 speakers that are in the LE? Would like to put the same ones in my pro, thanks!

#3240 3 years ago

Is anyone shellshocked about the new release of the Avengers? I for one am happy with my choice. I love My TMNT and it looks good next to my IMDN.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is anyone shellshocked about the new release of the Avengers? I for one am happy with my choice. I love My TMNT and it looks good next to my IMDN.

Avengers does look like a fun game, the theme just doesn't appeal to me personally. That subway sure would look good in TMNT though.

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Avengers does look like a fun game, the theme just doesn't appeal to me personally. That subway sure would look good in TMNT though.

I have never been an Avengers fan but I do love me some ramps and it has it in spades. I will wait about two years and get one. Who knows what they will come up with next by then.

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I will get one but not sure what model. I have a tmnt LE which is the most I’ve spent on a pin so not sure what to do. I’d love an avengers LE but they are so expensive. The tmnt le i think looks a lot better. I’d assume we end up with a premium. I think the premium is a better choice than the pro. LE would be awesome if you have the cheddar for that one.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the time, or just after playing for about 20-30 minutes? It takes about 20-30 minutes for TMNT to have coil temps that cause minor fade which can result in bricked or missed shots or incomplete ramps (especially backhands), mostly on the left coil on the one I have. If you do okay initially and then start having problems later in a session, it may be mild fade.

I've had mine at 6.6 and 6.7 but returned it back to 6.5 because I can backhand the left ramp after some coil fade. It's a steep ramp and I like being able to backhand it.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I will get one but not sure what model. I have a tmnt LE which is the most I’ve spent on a pin so not sure what to do. I’d love an avengers LE but they are so expensive. The tmnt le i think looks a lot better. I’d assume we end up with a premium. I think the premium is a better choice than the pro. LE would be awesome if you have the cheddar for that one.

I agree on the premium being the winner of the three models. I don’t know if I am the only one but Captain America’s looks like he has a underbite or something at the bottom of the playfield.

#3246 3 years ago

Is there a way to set up a poll in the thread? I would be curious to see whether everyone can backhand the ramps with default settings. I can backhand the right ramp but the left is impossible (not strong enough on default settings). Although I may also have the game set up too steep. Considering how difficult the game is in general I think I need to adjust the pitch as others here have discussed.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from Frostbite:

Could anyone tell me what the part numbers are for the 5 1/4 speakers that are in the LE? Would like to put the same ones in my pro, thanks!

The speaker plate on the pro/prem only has a 4” hole since the speakers are smaller than the ones that come with the LE, so it may look funny having LE 5.25” speakers show through a 4” opening. You may want to purchase new 5.25” plates from speakerlightkits.com.

These are the speakers in the LE:
Kenwood KFC-1366S 250 Watt... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: soldering required! Just learned that yesterday trying to hook up the Kenwoods.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyone concerned about the dome heads on the ramp screws near the ramp flaps? I can't work out why they didn't use small counter sunk screws like all other games have...
I know the sprung steel seems to be higher than the screw heads, but wondering if I should swap them out.
Edit: so I replaced one. The countersunk certainly sit better. Don’t know why stern aren’t using them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Changing out the screws certainly won't harm anything, but there's no way the ball could ever run over the screw heads. The diameter of the ball is large enough to keep the contact point of the ball from getting that close to the ramp wall.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I hope not, TMNT and Avengers look to be completely different style of playfields, so I'm sure lots of folks will own both pins. The wireform in Avengers looks absolutely incredible, but in my opinion the theme does nothing for me. At this point I just want to be better at TMNT haha!

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

I hope not, TMNT and Avengers look to be completely different style of playfields, so I'm sure lots of folks will own both pins. The wireform in Avengers looks absolutely incredible, but in my opinion the theme does nothing for me. At this point I just want to be better at TMNT haha!

Everything in Avengers looks far away from the flippers and there isn't much to create side to side action. I suspect this game might be easier like IMDN but definitely easier than TMNT.

Edit: Looking at Avengers side by side with JP the shot locations appear slightly similar. It may be a slightly easier JP2.

pins (resized).pngpins (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/65?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.