(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 241.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is the premium worth the extra cheddar on this title? Need reliability for location play

For sure, I’ve got to play both now and glad I didn’t go with the pro. You can’t divert,
Interactive crane and van lock is great. I know people had issues with with the van and glider but once functional add a ton to the game. The divert alone is a big change to the game.

Hope you get a chance to play them both.

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Haha same. Between TMNT and my Ghostbusters I’m always frustrated. I’m curious what are some recent pins that aren’t as difficult? Jurassic Park? Stranger Things?

Jurassic Park is tough if you miss shots.

I found Deadpool on the easy side. Elvira seemed pretty forgiving. Iron Maiden is also easier.

#3153 3 years ago

Dont think anyome replied to my center ramp issue. Sometimes it doesnt register hitting it. Mainly when hitting it right after the right ramp. Anyone else have this?

What is the mechanism that registers center ramp hits?

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Dont think anyome replied to my center ramp issue. Sometimes it doesnt register hitting it. Mainly when hitting it right after the right ramp. Anyone else have this?

Center ramp is just the optos at the exit that register the hit. Check the alignment of the optos. If the alignment is fine, cover the bottom 1/3 to bottom 1/2 of the opto eyes with electrical tape to cut down the beam. send/receive.

How often is "sometimes"?

#3155 3 years ago

Does everybody’s pizza have this much movement ? While it’s not spinning. How am I suppose to level the pizza with the playfield when it has this much movement ?

I can’t add video to this thread, had to upload to YouTube. Is that normal ?

#3156 3 years ago

Check under playfield, something seems loose.

Quoted from billrz:

Does everybody’s pizza have this much movement ? While it’s not spinning. How am I suppose to level the pizza with the playfield when it has this much movement ?

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Mine does not have that much movement. Check the all the mechanism screws and even the small set screw.

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Bracket might be loose or shaft might be loose or broken. No way to know without lifting the playfield.

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Until you look under the playfield, it's just a guessing game.

Rob

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does the cowabunga being partially lit all the time mean it's a bad LED board?

You are not the first person to have that issue. But, I don't know what the solution was. Maybe someone else knows?! Or you can try emailing Stern technical support.

Rob

#3161 3 years ago

Hi

Anyone else notice their LE TMNT shooter coil getting weaker and weaker or their pro ?

Mine gradually gets worse

To the point where after Turtle Power MB
The balls cannot even stage back into van and game locks up

I’ve even raised the value on the coil setting for the shooter

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

#3162 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

https://pu-parts.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-anti-airball-plastic

#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
Anyone else notice their LE TMNT shooter coil getting weaker and weaker or their pro ?
Mine gradually gets worse
To the point where after Turtle Power MB
The balls cannot even stage back into van and game locks up
I’ve even raised the value on the coil setting for the shooter
Any ideas would be great
Thanks

Have you slo-moed a launch with your phone slo-mo recording? Checked the auto launch prongs to make sure they're resting evenly on the ball in the shooter lane?

#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Until you look under the playfield, it's just a guessing game.
Rob

Been like this since day 1. I’ve obviously lifted the playfield. I’ve removed the entire mech and made sure all was tight. Ya all very tight! I tried to grease the 2 nylon washers. But I didn’t have the proper Alan key (super small). So I couldn’t check if that was tight. Everything else was tight as hell. And when I put it back in, I made sure it was all nice n tight n snug. Still wobbly as ever . I’m gonna try m get distributed to order me a new one? . It’s super grindy, I had to turn it off. Bit the wobble still effects game play.

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Been like this since day 1. I’ve obviously lifted the playfield. I’ve removed the entire mech and made sure all was tight. Ya all very tight! I tried to grease the 2 nylon washers. But I didn’t have the proper Alan key (super small). So I couldn’t check if that was tight. Everything else was tight as hell. And when I put it back in, I made sure it was all nice n tight n snug. Still wobbly as ever . I’m gonna try m get distributed to order me a new one? . It’s super grindy, I had to turn it off. Bit the wobble still effects game play.

I wouldn't say mine is as bad as yours, but it's still like 75% of your movement. I took the whole damn mech apart and reassembled (I lubed the gearbox gears to address the super grindy noise you mentioned). Everything is tight and secured and the pizza still has a bit of wobble to it. I'm guessing a fair number are like this. Let me know what your distro says.

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Havent had an airball issue. Just shot not giving me credit sometimes.

If that’s at the point where the opto is it will help keep the ball down and register the opto.

It sounds like on fast shots you ball is jumping the opto. Need to find a way to keep the ball down at that point.

#3168 3 years ago

I don't have airballs but I'd like to order a a cover anyway. Does someone have or make one in America?

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don't have airballs but I'd like to order a a cover anyway. Does someone have or make one in America?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-airball-plastic

Out of stock, but they will get more.

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Just curious. At what point does stern make plastics to fix these sorts of issues?

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just curious. At what point does stern make plastics to fix these sorts of issues?

I'm sure someone will remember more but the only thing that immediately pops in there for me is the GotG orb protector service bulletin. I don't think ramp covers are usually done.

#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

BM66 had a service kit come out.

#3173 3 years ago

what the hell stern. the game is brand new. going to have to do the washer trick.
wondering how long the playfield will hold up over the years??

20200829_153031 (resized).jpg20200829_153031 (resized).jpg
#3174 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

what the hell stern. the game is brand new. going to have to do the washer trick.
[quoted image]

Mine was the same. Looked fine until I took off that rail. They need to chill out with their torque guns! Or at least use washers. I took it off and just put a couple small silicone washers that Pinball Life sells on it. Did the same thing on my Elvira where the Apron was cutting into the clearcoat.

#3175 3 years ago

[quoted image]

They seem to chip where there is pooling. My Deadpool had slight pooling by the katana ramp. They made a prototype cliffy for it and I put it on. Another guy I know didn’t and his eventually chipped. My catwoman chipped by the metal penguin hole. Luckily I found it, glued it back and then cleared it. Looked great again but it also wasn’t in a noticeable area

Definitely want to do something over pooling areas if you see them. I know some heat it and smooth it but you’d definitely want to ask how they did it. Sounds like it was with an iron or something.

#3176 3 years ago

it is not only the clear. the art work is chipping off the playfield.
like it did not adhere or did not stick to the wood

#3177 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Mines the same I put washers under and bent out the metal guide to align with black line,also put shall Mylar over that crap to try n prevent chipping

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

My guess is that ball is flying in the ramp and not captured by the opto. This cover should help.
I made a partial cover which fixed 100% this issue, but mine is a bit too short and does not cover the first part of the curve, so some fast shots are hitting my cover and going back;.

#3179 3 years ago

it is not only the clear. the art work is chipping off the playfield.
like it did not adhere or did not stick to the wood

This is what happened to my catwoman. It was slightly pooling and then chipped. Art came off with it

C79FF8C0-BE6B-4567-90BF-88B04A01132E (resized).jpegC79FF8C0-BE6B-4567-90BF-88B04A01132E (resized).jpeg
#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I found the right size Alan wrench. That set screw is tight as well. It’s all right and still wobbles this much, making it impossible to level with the playfield. Any ideas ????

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Found the Alan wrench. All nuts n bolts are nice n tight. Still impossible to level it with playfield and putting grease on the nylon washers won’t change this I don’t think? It does grind like crazy.

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This is what happened to my catwoman. It was slightly pooling and then chipped. Art came off with it

that looks bad. I have been buying games for over 30 years and have never seen the paint chip of the playfield like this in the past

#3183 3 years ago

Was it like that out of the box? How many plays are on it?

Mine was definitely digging in, but hadn't yet "pushed" the printing out from under it. I flatted the spots and put some fiber washers in.

[quoted image]

IMG_20200803_184635 (resized).jpgIMG_20200803_184635 (resized).jpgIMG_20200803_184638 (resized).jpgIMG_20200803_184638 (resized).jpg
#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Found the Alan wrench. All nuts n bolts are nice n tight. Still impossible to level it with playfield and putting grease on the nylon washers won’t change this I don’t think? It does grind like crazy.

Leveling is a feel thing with the wobble. I think I found the right balance where it's pretty level regardless.

Concerning the grinding, though many here claim just the washer trick worked, it did not solve mine. This is what solved mine and should be a key post in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/35#post-5774649

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Was it like that out of the box? How many plays are on it?

Mine was definitely digging in, but hadn't yet "pushed" the printing out from under it.

i would say about 50 plays

#3186 3 years ago

that looks bad. I have been buying games for over 30 years and have never seen the paint chip of the playfield like this in the past

Yeah, luckily I found the chip and glued it back. Not perfect but much better. Added clear too

A8159E24-CE5E-43D1-8ED4-AD82E0419224 (resized).jpegA8159E24-CE5E-43D1-8ED4-AD82E0419224 (resized).jpeg
#3187 3 years ago

That certainly looks better than any time I've ever tried to glue a piece back on. For future reference, what type of glue did you use?

Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, luckily I found the chip and glued it back. Not perfect but much better. Added clear too
[quoted image]

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Leveling is a feel thing with the wobble. I think I found the right balance where it's pretty level regardless.
Concerning the grinding, though many here claim just the washer trick worked, it did not solve mine. This is what solved mine and should be a key post in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/35#post-5774649

This seems like a lot of work and possibly I will wreck it (not supper great at these intricate parts). Hopefully my distributor can just get me a new one from stern, I mean it’s so wobbly and grindy, our if the box

#3189 3 years ago

So when does this bad ass topper release ???

Stoked

0647CCB5-B148-4AB8-95B5-A987FE26304F (resized).jpeg0647CCB5-B148-4AB8-95B5-A987FE26304F (resized).jpegCB8514C3-0037-4BC8-B500-640E1C7B7202 (resized).jpegCB8514C3-0037-4BC8-B500-640E1C7B7202 (resized).jpeg

#3190 3 years ago

I dig it. Hope it's not too expensive.

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

yes you did a very good job at fixing that. i cant say the same for my game

#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

That certainly looks better than any time I've ever tried to glue a piece back on. For future reference, what type of glue did you use?

This gel super glue

Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y49R7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jnOtFbDRDSFFX

#3193 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This seems like a lot of work and possibly I will wreck it (not supper great at these intricate parts). Hopefully my distributor can just get me a new one from stern, I mean it’s so wobbly and grindy, our if the box

#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Haha same. Between TMNT and my Ghostbusters I’m always frustrated. I’m curious what are some recent pins that aren’t as difficult? Jurassic Park? Stranger Things?

Try Elvira HoH. Super approachable but difficult to master!

#3195 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Try Elvira HoH. Super approachable but difficult to master!

I have GB and TMNT and maiden. Maiden is sooooo easy and fun and more rewarding as it stands. My GB is no where near as difficult as TMNT. It’s just a learning curve tho, felt this way with GB for like a year. Now I slay that game ! Hitting over a billion almost every game !! Well 5-10 for sure . Learning curve,small tweaks etc. it’ll come

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have GB and TMNT and maiden. Maiden is sooooo easy and fun and more rewarding as it stands. My GB is no where near as difficult as TMNT. It’s just a learning curve tho, felt this way with GB for like a year. Now I slay that game ! Hitting over a billion almost every game !! Well 5-10 for sure . Learning curve,small tweaks etc. it’ll come

yes this game makes you feel like you need to become a ninja to good at. it is hard. so i am going back for more training. i love it

#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

The previous code update i was able to calibrate each position of the glider but no longer will the game allow me to change them. When in settings if changing for example far left when enter is hit it goes to center calibration. Dont know if this is a LE issue or if others have this problem. Also just doubled checked and looks like we will be getting the technodrome topper for turtles![quoted image]

When could we expect the topper to be released?

#3198 3 years ago

Found the proper Alan wrench, greased up the nylon washers, no more crunchy sounds. But it’s still wobbles more than I’m comfortable with, and everything Is tight. I guess I’ll just live with. Trying to level with playfield is not fun when it’s this wobbly. Always one side or the other has a 1/8” lip on it. No matter what. Or it’s all above or all below that much.. I’ll keep trying... I did the repair on my lunch break today . It’s pretty simple

#3199 3 years ago

Is anyone actually getting any kind of resolution to the ink/printing issue either direct or via distributors?

#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:Haha same. Between TMNT and my Ghostbusters I’m always frustrated. I’m curious what are some recent pins that aren’t as difficult? Jurassic Park? Stranger Things?

I think Jurassic Park is a bit harder than TMNT. The two games play so differently. After a couple weeks or hard core play on my TMNT Pro, I can tell you it's easier than JP but much much harder than Deadpool, Munsters, and Star Wars for reference....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
10,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/64?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.