(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 241.
#3101 3 years ago

I tried dead flips tactic to hit the lair shot. It’s not easy. I usually get the shot by pure luck. Anyone have a decent strategy for it?

#3102 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I tried dead flips tactic to hit the lair shot. It’s not easy. I usually get the shot by pure luck. Anyone have a decent strategy for it?

Shoot forehand and time the drop of the upper flipper to keep it in there.

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shoot forehand and time the drop of the upper flipper to keep it in there.

I've had really good success with this tactic. Well, 20 to 25%. I think that's a good success rate for a shot that was purposely made hard. You don't want it to be too easy!

I've also had very good success trapping the ball on the left flipper, doing a quick flip to get the ball rolling up the left flipper, and back handing it into the lair. I was about 30 to 35% on that shot this morning.

#3104 3 years ago

My center ramp has not been registering sometimes. Like when i hit it right after hitting the right ramp for 123. Its not all the time but annoying when i execute perfectly and dont get credit.

Whats the mech that makes the game recognize you have hit that shot? This started happening when i tightened a loose screw on the bottom post of the center ramp.

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Can't you individually change the number for each position?

I haven’t seen that option. Apparently I can only set a new center position. If it’s possible To change the other positions please share how!

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Try to move your center to 175 or 176

Tried, however it doesn’t help :/

#3107 3 years ago

Duplicate

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Did anyone figure out a good fix for the opto that doesn't register when the ball goes around the middle ramp quickly? I'm reading back through posts and I'm not seeing anything.

would this airball plastic stop it?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-airball-plastic

#3109 3 years ago

I got my machine from pinball-universe the company behind pu-parts. The plastic was pre-installed on my machine, i don't have Problems on the center ramp.
i attach a picture that you can see how the plastic looks like.

P1120089 (resized).JPGP1120089 (resized).JPG
#3111 3 years ago

For Le folks, what speaker lights did you buy? I see there are a couple of options

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

For Le folks, what speaker lights did you buy? I see there are a couple of options

Speakerlightkits.com you can go full grill or speaker only choice is yours. I really like them and was very happy with the outcome. I will prob get the speaker light only light also for a comparison. If you get the add on to go with music make sure your pizza disc is not grinding. The grind will throw it off going to the music and wont work properly.

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Speakerlightkits.com you can go full grill or speaker only choice is yours. I really like them and was very happy with the outcome. I will prob get the speaker light only light also for a comparison. If you get the add on to go with music make sure your pizza disc is not grinding. The grind will throw it off going to the music and wont work properly.

Cool, thanks!

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I haven’t seen that option. Apparently I can only set a new center position. If it’s possible To change the other positions please share how!

Hmmm that must be a recent change as noted a few posts back. Seems like being able to set all 5 positions would be prudent

#3115 3 years ago

Holy crap! Pinstadium Fusions really take this game to a whole new level. Big thank you to Scott pinstadium for these and the easy set up instructions.

Check out the vids below. Video #3 has a surprise thanks to delt31 and his awesome work with the music.

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Holy crap! Pinstadium Fusions really take this game to a whole new level. Big thank you to Scott pinstadium for these and the easy set up instructions.
Check out the vids below. Video #3 has a surprise thanks to delt31 and his awesome work with the music.
Video 1:
Video 2:
Video 3:

I think I just had a seizure.

I turn the insert LEDs down from Stern stock settings. This is way, WAY too much for me personally.

It's nice the option is there for the young'uns that want this, but it's really not responsible that Pinstadium won't post the frequency range of his lighting. I'm pretty sure some of it dips into dark blue to UV wavelengths, which can damage eyes permanently with exposure over time.

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I turn the insert LEDs down from Stern stock settings. This is way, WAY too much for me personally.
It's nice the option is there for the young'uns that want this, but it's really not responsible that Pinstadium won't post the frequency range of his lighting. I'm pretty sure some of it dips into UV wavelengths, which can damage eyes permanently with exposure over time.

I think it may be the lighting effects from the camera. Definitely easier on the eyes and looks better in person. I’ll try lowering the LED’s and see how it looks.

Can’t go back to a no-pinstadium existence. These are so great!

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I think it may be the lighting effects from the camera. Definitely easier on the eyes and looks better in person. I’ll try lowering the LED’s and see how it looks.
Can’t go back to a no-pinstadium existence. These are so great!

At the very least you should see if, as a customer, you can get him to give you the light frequency range of his lighting so you know if you're doing long term damage to your eyes over time by using light that dips from dark blues into the UV range (the purple-y blues are the ones to be concerned about).

#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At the very least you should see if, as a customer, you can get him to give you the light frequency range of his lighting so you know if you're doing long term damage to your eyes over time by using light that dips into the UV range (the purple-y blues are the ones to be concerned about).

Thanks will look into it. Just purchased one of your turtle select overlays today. Looks sharp. Great work my man!

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Thanks will look into it. Just purchased one of your turtle select overlays today. Looks sharp. Great work my man!

Thanks. I think you'll really like the bracket. It was an enormous pain to figure out, but turned out pretty cool.

#3121 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. I think you'll really like the bracket. It was an enormous pain to figure out, but turned out pretty cool.

It looks like it was tough! I was following all your progress along the way. Looks very professional and can’t wait to cover up those screws!

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

It looks like it was tough! I was following all your progress along the way. Looks very professional and can’t wait to cover up those screws!

Yeah, Stern going crazy with giant pan-head stainless screws on the face of plastics is a huge pet peeve of mine. With just the most superficial of engineering they could hide a LOT of this, or by switching to small black wafer head screws they could at least make them less gigantic and obvious. Ah, well, they'll keep doing Stern, and details like this will keep irritating me.

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's nice the option is there for the young'uns that want this, but it's really not responsible that Pinstadium won't post the frequency range of his lighting. I'm pretty sure some of it dips into dark blue to UV wavelengths, which can damage eyes permanently with exposure over time.

I heard rumours Scott has embedded some subliminal messages in those lights.

This is clearly evidenced by the way his devotees become obsessed and feel they have to promote Pinstadiums wherever and whenever they can.

36asdvm.gif36asdvm.gif
#3124 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I heard rumours Scott has embedded some subliminal messages in those lights.
This is clearly evidenced by the way his devotees become obsessed and feel they have to promote Pinstadiums wherever and whenever they can.[quoted image]

I understand the excitement over a cool overwhelming light show as a new experience. It's not for me, but I think full power LED light is too piercing anyway, because I'm old and cranky. I have to turn Sterns WAY down to get them to enjoyable. Pinstadiums are overload for me, but people like what they like, and I'm not going to tell them not to because they're not me.

My main concern with Pinstadiums is the reluctance of them to responsibly post the full light frequencies emitted by them when long term exposure to the shorter wavelengths (which they pretty clearly seem to be using) could be an eye damage/health issue.

#3125 3 years ago

All I can say is there is no UV light in those. It’s just purple. The only UV he makes is the one for stranger things.

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All I can say is there is no UV light in those. It’s just purple. The only UV he makes is the one for stranger things.

UV-adjacent is still bad. Anything in the blue spectrum is short wave and bad over time. What's the problem with publishing the light wave spectrum his product covers so his customers can make an informed decision? He can also block out eye-damaging frequencies in his app if the user checks a box or something so they can't be selected. It's not like he has to stop selling his product by admitting there are potentially bad wavelengths in there (if there are, but it seems very likely).

#3127 3 years ago

No problem at all just commenting that I know he doesn’t use real UV in the main product. Not sure why he calls it that. Only creates confusion.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We played co-op tonight. My wife and daughter and I.

Usually when I drag my daughter to join us it’s like “do I have to?”, although she has enjoyed playing turtles more than our others.

We start playing cooperatively and I notice a shift which I have never experienced in pinball before. Something new. Sometimes when we play against each other and it’s a pin I’m not familiar with I can feel a bit nervous Cos I don’t want to suck. Alternatively if it’s a pin I’m confident in playing I can be conscious of playing too long and everyone else is bored waiting. However, playing coop changes things. I felt it didn’t matter if I stuff up, because one of the others will help us progress. If I do well then I’m helping all of us and we’re all seeing new content.

Similarly I got more excited seeing the others progress further into the game because we were unlocking more together. We were all building towards accomplishing something. You’re not worried about being beaten.

And when we broke the grand champ score with 36m we knew we achieved something. How many times does everyone come out of the same multiplayer game satisfied?

This is something new.

And I love it!!!

I've been bringing my TMNT out on the sidewalk to play (safer with more fresh air) and often newbies check it out. We've had many play and we've played in various modes but Co-Op on this is really fun! The funny/tough thing with Co-Op though is if you get to Team Up MultiBall then all players will be there. If you have not-so-good players, when they start their ball with that intense music and light show and just the left ramp pulsing it's interesting as many newbies can't really get control and/or aim for things.

So on one game we got to it on ball one and the two newbies had ball 2 starting with that and unfortunately they couldn't hit it. It happened at other times too and one of the newbies I asked her if that was frustrating but she said she liked having a single goal to focus on in that way (even though she failed every time). It is fun to collaborate though and we often would make the newbies play as Rafael so they can simply shoot the parlor to start a mode vs hitting both ramps first... and it lets newbies put up their initials more easily too. The one newbie i referenced she played her first game of the night and got her initials up b/c we did cooperative mode and she had to figure out what her initials would be

#3129 3 years ago

Is the premium worth the extra cheddar on this title? Need reliability for location play

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is the premium worth the extra cheddar on this title? Need reliability for location play

I'd be concerned about the glider servos burning out until that is verified to be fixed once and for all if you're thinking about putting it out on location. Aside from that. Premium.

#3131 3 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd be concerned about the glider servos burning out until that is verified to be fixed once and for all if you're thinking about putting it out on location. Aside from that. Premium.

Agreed on the servos (seeing lots of issues, and my buddy also had to get a replacement assembly from Stern).

Only the Krang is a real upgrade on the Prem IMO, and not worth the price difference just for that. The van (known for diverter issues) is irrelevant most of the time as the balls often come out before even being able to appreciate the door opening (would work better if most lights went out and directed your attention to the door for that moment). The alternating disc won't be noticed by most over the single direction, etc.

I don't personally like the controlled Glider, and it does block visibility.

With all things working, the Prem/LE is the nicer game, but I think the Pro is the way to go if there's any question, and it's certainly the better value without losing much.

#3132 3 years ago

If the goal is location play, I would say the Pro has more than enough to offer.

#3133 3 years ago

Gotta say I'm honestly surprised by all of the Le's up for sale. Are people that tired of the game already?

#3134 3 years ago

Really content with the pro. Not saying the others aren't beautiful. But pro is awesome. Then again I also think TWD pro is awesome (so......)

Seriously though, it's a feature packed pro. The playfield looks way more packed than my DP premium.

Don't think you're going to lose business by not having a premium or LE.

#3135 3 years ago

Pro is a good buy on this pin imo.. the game is so fast especially the ramps that I wldnt /cldnt even use the button for diverter so not missing that one bit. Disk spinning both ways doesn't really matter eaither and the pro still locks balls but they just come out another way which is no big deal eaither since they go do the disk. . The pro really has everything u cld want and most people will be completely happy with it. I suspect part of the reason so many le's are for sale is bc the pro is much cheaper for basically the same gameplay? . Also for route I'd definitely get the pro considering the issues we have seen with premium/le

#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Gotta say I'm honestly surprised by all of the Le's up for sale. Are people that tired of the game already?

So many for sale here and other places..

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Game is hard. I think thats 90% of it. It frustrates the hell out of me but I keep coming back to it....

#3138 3 years ago

Hey, I still have the gunky sticky stuff on the t-moulding after I took off the protective plastic. Any easy way to clean it off?

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey, I still have the gunky sticky stuff on the t-moulding after I took off the protective plastic. Any easy way to clean it off?

Goo gone (NOT goof off).

Liquid:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Goo-Gone-Original-Liquid-Adhesive/dp/B00006IBNJ

Or the gel I prefer:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Goo-Gone-Adhesive-Remover-Spray/dp/B07PVBD58K

#3140 3 years ago

I thought some people might get a kick out of this

I have a pro and LE

Pro outlane VS LE outlane

Factory setup

I guess if u spend more money stern wants you to feel good about your pinball skills

B625FE06-F077-41E2-8F04-03040EA71DAE (resized).jpegB625FE06-F077-41E2-8F04-03040EA71DAE (resized).jpegBF3A509E-F796-4D9B-BB52-83752483AAD0 (resized).jpegBF3A509E-F796-4D9B-BB52-83752483AAD0 (resized).jpeg
#3141 3 years ago

Said it day one of the features being released. Pro all the way and as an owner of the pro now and playing both, no question. The fact it has arguably the better art too? No brainer.

I actually wish that wasn’t the case b/c I love the theme so much would have easily spent it but I’m not going to throw it away.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I used rubbing alcohol.
Another funny difference
My pro sticky my LE was fine

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Said it day one of the features being released. Pro all the way and as an owner of the pro now and playing both, no question. The fact it has arguably the better art too? No brainer.
I actually wish that wasn’t the case b/c I love the theme so much would have easily spent it but I’m not going to throw it away.

I respectfully disagree

I find my self enjoying the glider value and trying to build it up on my LE a lot. Either one you can’t complain though.

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I have a pro and LE
Factory setup
I guess if u spend more money stern wants you to feel good about your pinball skills
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any adjustment on the left ? Left drain kills me on the pro

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Someone put one of those cabinet door close spacer rubber dots on the wall at the left outlane and it reduced bounce-outs and drains to levels more in line with the right side. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Wonder why Borg didn't make the left post adjustable??

I keyposted the post with the fix. Look at the topic index at the top of the page for "Left Outlane Fix"

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Left outlane is identical on my pro and LE no adjustments that i can see

#3147 3 years ago

Left outlane is a BITCH. You have to learn to deal with it. Learn where on your right sling leads to drain and nudge up the second before it hits the sweet spot. Also work on April to get Ball Save lit and have your settings set to outlane save switches sides with flipper press. Then you may... may... have a fighting chance.

#3148 3 years ago

Does the cowabunga being partially lit all the time mean it's a bad LED board?

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Game is hard. I think thats 90% of it. It frustrates the hell out of me but I keep coming back to it....

Haha same. Between TMNT and my Ghostbusters I’m always frustrated. I’m curious what are some recent pins that aren’t as difficult? Jurassic Park? Stranger Things?

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I have a pro and LE
Factory setup
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was thinking of moving that post. My pro is the same. Post is setup harder. It’s strange too because the artwork clearly left a spot for the post to sit. You would think that would be the default.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.