(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 242.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you suggesting that all of people in the past previous 61 pages who are submitting photos of diverter issues and crappy print quality are fabricating some elaborate quality lie? Or just that you got lucky with the draw?

I'm suggesting that Stern is far from your Hyperbolic comment about being in an all time low.

That would be the ghosting days of 2016.

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

You said you cancelled your order. Yet here you are.

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I do hit this sign sometimes. Would you be willing to make one for me and sell it to me that I can just bolt on?

Sorry I do not sell anything. Get yourself some PETG 2mm and a scroll saw, its really not hard to build and a good investment. Draw the shape of the protector on a piece of cardboard first and make sure that metal wire- triggering the switch- can swing freely in both directions. you can shape/bend the PETG with boiling water. Look at the images i posted, good luck!

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sorry I do not sell anything. Get yourself some PETG 2mm and a scroll saw, its really not hard to build and a good investment. Draw the shape of the protector on a piece of cardboard first and make sure that metal wire- triggering the switch- can swing freely in both directions. you can shape/bend the PETG with boiling water. Look at the images i posted, good luck!

By any chance, would you have a template with holes, to draw on petg?
That's the painest part.

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It increases the value of the 123 combo shots.
1st shot = 1x the value
2nd shot = 2x
3rd shot = 3x
if you want to max it out you should collect 123 during your last ball because every spinner shot adds up. if you once complete 123, it won't light up again. if you dont collect it, 123 will always light up at your next ball.

I really like spinners in games. By far, my most favorite spinner is the one in GoT. That spinner has spoiled me for wanting cool spinner sounds/rules/points in other games. I blame Dwight.

Rob

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really like spinners in games. By far, my most favorite spinner is the one in GoT. That spinner has spoiled me for wanting cool spinner sounds/rules/points in other games. I blame Dwight.
Rob

Dazzler spinner in DP is sweet too.

#3057 3 years ago

The playfield print issue is really getting to my head. I'm currently waiting on my pro to arrive. Has anyone heard anything from stern reguarding this problem? I'm getting nervous here....

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Dazzler spinner in DP is sweet too.

Yes, that one is good too!

Rob

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yes the left orbit is a brickfest
Luckily I built a airball protector for the right ramp. There was already one person reporting of a broken ramp because of hitting the sign with airballs.
Here is my posting from earlier in this thread including an on-the-fly shot:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey sorry I do now remember you posting this and forgot!! Too many pinballs too many fixes! Thanks!

Just another thing I have noticed Is the exit of the shooter lane to the right orbit is a bit messy. The shooter lane metal slopes down lower than the ball guide of the orbit. There is also a good size gap between metal shooter lane exit and ball guide in orbit. So it makes a nice clunk as the ball hits the ball guide out of the shooter lane. Good news for premium/Le owners this is just a pro issue I suspect. I can post photos later.

Edit. Here’s the spot

E917ED48-3529-4370-AA37-8478748AD576 (resized).jpegE917ED48-3529-4370-AA37-8478748AD576 (resized).jpeg
#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

The playfield print issue is really getting to my head. I'm currently waiting on my pro to arrive. Has anyone heard anything from stern reguarding this problem? I'm getting nervous here....

You should be ok if you ordered yours from a distro when the pin was first announced. The first batch of pros went to operators and overseas. So first of the rank overseas buyers received the initial batch.

My playfield is beautiful. I didn’t want to go on about it before because all the pain others are feeling. I have the artwork under the star post which now has a rubber washer. Had 2 problems, a chipped shooter lane after 6 games (hello cliffy) and some dimples under the right ramp drop. Other Than that next to no playfield dimples. No pooling. The clear is quite thin But it looks great.

It is a bummer others are having such a bad experience with this one.

#3061 3 years ago

Having no interest in dinosaurs but liking Elwin's JP i was torn between JP and TMNT as my next big purchase. I was leaning toward a TMNT pro but ill be waiting a bit longer to make up my mind now.
If Avengers IS Elwin it just stole all of TMNTs thunder. Fits my family/home better than TMNT does and Maiden is one of my favorite games so Keith is freaking soild in my mind.

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Having no interest in dinosaurs but liking Elwin's JP i was torn between JP and TMNT as my next big purchase. I was leaning toward a TMNT pro but ill be waiting a bit longer to make up my mind now.
If Avengers IS Elwin it just stole all of TMNTs thunder. Fits my family/home better than TMNT does and Maiden is one of my favorite games so Keith is freaking soild in my mind.

Borg and Dwight and the rest of the team have created a fast challenging game that is deep enough for me and fun enough for the family. Ball times are not long, so good multiplayer. Team 2vs 1 creates great trash talking of wife and daughter against me. Haven’t even tried co-op.

Shots are varied. I have nothing else like this layout. Left ramp and orbits easy. Inner loops and ramp very satisfying. Right ramp I suck at and pizza lock too. Once you get it going, feels good. Fun for spectators too. Can be a bit of bricking whilst trying to learn shots, but not too frustrating.

The pizza multiball is cool! Best start to multiball ever!!

I was a bit nervous About the soul of the game. There have been a few posts how people feel nothing whilst playing it, no connection. I’m not having this problem at all. The episodes are great, don’t worry about the just shooting flashing shots comments. You can say that about any pinball. The RGB inserts light up clearly for each turtles weapon shots and differentiates between episode shots and other turtle shots. It cycles between the different colours when The same ramp satisfies different objectives. Each objective has its colour. I haven’t completed Dimension X yet. But when the evil turtle guy transports you there it’s a woah moment. The playfield goes red, it’s intense. Best lighting we have.

We are Moderate Fans of turtles. Only owned it for one week but fairly confident it offers enough breadth and depth to keep it here.

#3063 3 years ago

Is anyone else getting their fair share of dimpling on their playfield? I'm a little shy of 100 games and I've noticed there are quite a few dimples in the playfield some bigger than others in quite a few places. Should I be very worried or is that somewhat normal in new pins?

Thanks!

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you suggesting that all of people in the past previous 61 pages who are submitting photos of diverter issues and crappy print quality are fabricating some elaborate quality lie? Or just that you got lucky with the draw?

Do you have any issues with your game? Can you post up some photos?

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

Is anyone else getting their fair share of dimpling on their playfield? I'm a little shy of 100 games and I've noticed there are quite a few dimples in the playfield some bigger than others in quite a few places. Should I be very worried or is that somewhat normal in new pins?
Thanks!

Same here. Absolutely normal, enjoy your machine.

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

Thanks!

yes, alot and strong dimples here. make sury you remove the wrong positioned mylar in the left orbit where the ball falls down the plasitic ramp and add a new piece of mylar. it should start near the ramps exit and go down to bebops glasses. or you will get the one biggest dimple you have ever seen. the wood seems very soft imo. also add mylar over the switches in the inlanes where the ball drops down from the ramps or it will start to chip there (i have seen first signs there too). Shooter lane also started to chip after a few hundered games- lowest eject power with mylar in place didn't help, better install a protector if you want your game to look nice... with craters. There is also the possibility to add cliffys to the inlane switches but i do not know how well they work. I guess they do.

slot_pro (resized).jpgslot_pro (resized).jpg
#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Borg and Dwight and the rest of the team have created a fast challenging game that is deep enough for me and fun enough for the family. Ball times are not long, so good multiplayer. Team 2vs 1 creates great trash talking of wife and daughter against me. Haven’t even tried co-op.
Shots are varied. I have nothing else like this layout. Left ramp and orbits easy. Inner loops and ramp very satisfying. Right ramp I suck at and pizza lock too. Once you get it going, feels good. Fun for spectators too. Can be a bit of bricking whilst trying to learn shots, but not too frustrating.
The pizza multiball is cool! Best start to multiball ever!!
I was a bit nervous About the soul of the game. There have been a few posts how people feel nothing whilst playing it, no connection. I’m not having this problem at all. The episodes are great, don’t worry about the just shooting flashing shots comments. You can say that about any pinball. The RGB inserts light up clearly for each turtles weapon shots and differentiates between episode shots and other turtle shots. It cycles between the different colours when The same ramp satisfies different objectives. Each objective has its colour. I haven’t completed Dimension X yet. But when the evil turtle guy transports you there it’s a woah moment. The playfield goes red, it’s intense. Best lighting we have.
We are Moderate Fans of turtles. Only owned it for one week but fairly confident it offers enough breadth and depth to keep it here.

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying it. I get mine in about 2 weeks can't wait. The pizza multiball does look great but it is identical start as xmen so it doesn't really have that never been done before factor but its still awesome.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying it. I get mine in about 2 weeks can't wait. The pizza multiball does look great but it is identical start as xmen so it doesn't really have that never been done before factor but its still awesome.

....and Twister, and Lost in Space. It's a Borg thing and a really nice multiball start.

#3069 3 years ago

Have his other discs had the ability to spin both ways? If not, that’s new here. Agree it’s an awesome way to start MB.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Quoted from DugFreez:

....and Twister, and Lost in Space. It's a Borg thing and a really nice multiball start.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have his other discs had the ability to spin both ways? If not, that’s new here. Agree it’s an awesome way to start MB.

Haha! Well first one I’ve played anyway! And only one with a pizza on it. Great game. Good use of timed shots in the episodes too, like the Shredder ray gun thing. I like having to hit the lair target quickly after making the ramp shots. Lots of variety.

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yes, alot and strong dimples here. make sury you remove the wrong positioned mylar in the left orbit where the ball falls down the plasitic ramp and add a new piece of mylar. it should start near the ramps exit and go down to bebops glasses. or you will get the one biggest dimple you have ever seen. the wood seems very soft imo. also add mylar over the switches in the inlanes where the ball drops down from the ramps or it will start to chip there (i have seen first signs there too). Shooter lane also started to chip after a few hundered games- lowest eject power with mylar in place didn't help, better install a protector if you want your game to look nice... with craters. There is also the possibility to add cliffys to the inlane switches but i do not know how well they work. I guess they do.[quoted image]

Having a hard time finding this. Would you mind linking the Mylar you purchased?

#3072 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Having a hard time finding this. Would you mind linking the Mylar you purchased?

I use this. Just cut as needed. One 2 foot section will last you a very long time.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

#3073 3 years ago

Just an FYI -

My custom code for turtles 1.21 is ready for the pro, prem and LE. I even corrected that terrible ralph call out when selecting a turtle for the correct one.

PM if interested.

Cheers

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm not sure, but I'm expecting the Premium and LE TMNT are the only ones with the 2 direction spinning magnet disc (of TMNT, X-Men, Lost in Space and Twister).

#3075 3 years ago

EDIT: Still no delete on Pinside???

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t really understand the benefit of the 2 way spinning disc? How is it used in the game?

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I use this. Just cut as needed. One 2 foot section will last you a very long time.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

Thanks! Will purchase today. I’ve never replaced Mylar before. How do you go about removing the original Mylar already on the playfield? Do you need to prep the playfield before applying?

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t really understand the benefit of the 2 way spinning disc? How is it used in the game?

It spins two ways. Think WCS soccer ball. Different pinball action.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I’ve never replaced Mylar before. How do you go about removing the original Mylar already on the playfield? Do you need to prep the playfield before applying?

Just peel it up, clean the area and then a bit of wax and re-apply the new mylar piece.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Just peel it up, clean the area and then a bit of wax and re-apply the new mylar piece.

do you also wax your smartphone when applying a protective glass or foil? makes no sense.
clean the area and keep it oil free, dont touch it for adhesive strength. but maybe you have more information on this.

Quoted from DugFreez:

EDIT: Still no delete on Pinside???

at the bottom of your post, the trash icon.

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

do you also wax your smartphone when applying a protective glass or foil, makes no sense.
you want to keep it oil/fat free, dont touch the area for adhesive strength.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Thanks for the info! Will do

#3083 3 years ago

Running into a new issue on my premium since the 1.21 update, but not sure if related. The glider is still moving around but it’s positioning is all off and sometimes will cause the ball to get stuck.

I tried calibrating/re-centering it through the service menu, but I can’t get the tail end of the glider to go all the way left.

Here are the position numbers for the coil when I calibrated/centered it.

Far left = 150
Left = 152
Center = 170
Right = 190
Far right = 208

The far left and left positions are way to close together. Both positions will catch the ball when it comes from the left. Anyone know a fix for this? Not sure if someone has posted about this already.

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I'm pretty sure that just makes it so YOU can't see it. It's still there for everyone else. For example...I can still see your blank post that is 3 above this.

I guess the drain is helpful for people that are easily triggered by seeing things they don't like, but not really helpful if you accidentally click to QUOTE one of your comments when you actually meant to EDIT it or some other reason you may have for deleting something you posted.

Maybe it's good that you can't completely get rid of a post. For at least an acknowledgment that something was originally there, even if it was later edited away.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

You said you cancelled your order. Yet here you are.

No not tmnt but my JP premium. Built same time almost as Tmnt pros.

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm pretty sure that just makes it so YOU can't see it. It's still there for everyone else. For example...I can still see your blank post that is 3 above this.
I guess the drain is helpful for people that are easily triggered by seeing things they don't like, but not really helpful if you accidentally click to QUOTE one of your comments when you actually meant to EDIT it or some other reason you may have for deleting something you posted.
Maybe it's good that you can't completely get rid of a post. For at least an acknowledgment that something was originally there, even if it was later edited away.

Fuck! Can you still see this post?

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It spins two ways. Think WCS soccer ball. Different pinball action.

Meh

#3088 3 years ago

Anyone? Reference to post #3083

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Most likely tour servo is failing/has failed. Pretty well documented by now. Call your dist or Stern for a replacement for the cheap crap they used.

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

do you also wax your smartphone when applying a protective glass or foil? makes no sense.
clean the area and keep it oil free, dont touch it for adhesive strength. but maybe you have more information on this.

The wax is to make it easier to pull up later if need be. Do it, don't do it, whatever man.

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Running into a new issue on my premium since the 1.21 update, but not sure if related. The glider is still moving around but it’s positioning is all off and sometimes will cause the ball to get stuck.
I tried calibrating/re-centering it through the service menu, but I can’t get the tail end of the glider to go all the way left.
Here are the position numbers for the coil when I calibrated/centered it.
Far left = 150
Left = 152
Center = 170
Right = 190
Far right = 208
The far left and left positions are way to close together. Both positions will catch the ball when it comes from the left. Anyone know a fix for this? Not sure if someone has posted about this already.

Try to move your center to 175 or 176

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Can't you individually change the number for each position?

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Fuck! Can you still see this post?

Yes...I can still see it and quote it in a follow up.

#3094 3 years ago

Xaqery
The code is almost perfect for us, great job.
Only the scoring needs some adjustment.
Turtle Power MB is always a disappointment.
The rest also could be more rewarding imo.

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes...I can still see it and quote it in a follow up.

haha wtf now i see i can drain others posts too...thanks

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Can't you individually change the number for each position?

The previous code update i was able to calibrate each position of the glider but no longer will the game allow me to change them. When in settings if changing for example far left when enter is hit it goes to center calibration. Dont know if this is a LE issue or if others have this problem. Also just doubled checked and looks like we will be getting the technodrome topper for turtles!

20200830_083510 (resized).jpg20200830_083510 (resized).jpg
#3097 3 years ago

We played co-op tonight. My wife and daughter and I.

Usually when I drag my daughter to join us it’s like “do I have to?”, although she has enjoyed playing turtles more than our others.

We start playing cooperatively and I notice a shift which I have never experienced in pinball before. Something new. Sometimes when we play against each other and it’s a pin I’m not familiar with I can feel a bit nervous Cos I don’t want to suck. Alternatively if it’s a pin I’m confident in playing I can be conscious of playing too long and everyone else is bored waiting. However, playing coop changes things. I felt it didn’t matter if I stuff up, because one of the others will help us progress. If I do well then I’m helping all of us and we’re all seeing new content.

Similarly I got more excited seeing the others progress further into the game because we were unlocking more together. We were all building towards accomplishing something. You’re not worried about being beaten.

And when we broke the grand champ score with 36m we knew we achieved something. How many times does everyone come out of the same multiplayer game satisfied?

This is something new.

And I love it!!!

#3098 3 years ago

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

The previous code update i was able to calibrate each position of the glider but no longer will the game allow me to change them. When in settings if changing for example far left when enter is hit it goes to center calibration. Dont know if this is a LE issue or if others have this problem. Also just doubled checked and looks like we will be getting the technodrome topper for turtles![quoted image]

Oh thats kind of like a mix of R2D2 topper and black knight. I bet the eye moves around looking at you. I like this...

#3100 3 years ago

Did anyone figure out a good fix for the opto that doesn't register when the ball goes around the middle ramp quickly? I'm reading back through posts and I'm not seeing anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/62?hl=caveman-gurkan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.