(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 241.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My only request is to have the action button change to the same color of the turtle you are playing. I think it is weird it is always blue.

+1

Also, Baxter shouldn't get zapped if you fail to defeat his robots and Shredder praises him. Seems very.....odd.

#3002 3 years ago

Informative feedback about the shaker motor. I’ve got a shaker motor sitting here, but waiting to play more of the game beforehand. That way I’ll be able to notice the differences when I install it. I love the feature in other pins so I’m looking forward to it.

#3003 3 years ago

Just received a mint Pro from Automated Services in CT! Great experience, smooth delivery and the playfield looks great going to add HD glass and a shaker motor. Anyone working on a plunger knob mod yet? (Preferably a pizza!!)

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

+1
Also, Baxter shouldn't get zapped if you fail to defeat his robots and Shredder praises him. Seems very.....odd.

He needs to get zapped to become "Baxter the Fly" in the following episode....

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

The sound file for Splinter saying "Raphael" is wrong. It sounds like a completely different guy. Oddly enough, the notes for 1.21 say that this sound file was corrected (must have been mistakenly changed in the unreleased 1.20) but it actually isn't fixed.

This is 100% accurate and we noticed it as well. Not a big deal and I've seen other "fixes" disclosed in the past that weren't in fact addressed. I'm sure they'll get it on the next update. I'm personally loving all the other updates with 1.21!

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

In my opinion you can’t have enough shaker. Just adds more dimension. Code in everything you want and that becomes the Maximum setting. People can pick a different setting if they don’t want as much.
My only request is to have the action button change to the same color of the turtle you are playing. I think it is weird it is always blue.
Lastly in Krangs second mode there are two red shots that move. What is the significance of them compared to the yellow shots? The prompt just says shoot lit shots.
So far I’m loving this game!

It is like Meg in DP. Shoot the red shots, yellow arrows are the spots where the red arrows can move to. If you shoot yellow, red cant go there anymore.

Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

This is 100% accurate and we noticed it as well. Not a big deal and I've seen other "fixes" disclosed in the past that weren't in fact addressed. I'm sure they'll get it on the next update. I'm personally loving all the other updates with 1.21!

haha funny, i LOVE the new call out, yes it stands out but it adds so much spice, i think Splinter should have much more of this in his voice!

#3007 3 years ago

A Simple MOD request, I would like to see some flipper toppers that look like the smile/grin on the turtle van.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

He needs to get zapped to become "Baxter the Fly" in the following episode....

That's solved by not being able to play the Fly episode until you complete this one.

As it stands, it doesn't make sense to have Shredder praise him for a good job, and then zap him.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It is like Meg in DP. Shoot the red shots, yellow arrows are the spots where the red arrows can move to. If you shoot yellow, red cant go there anymore.

haha funny, i LOVE the new call out, yes it stands out but it adds so much spice, i think Splinter should have much more of this in his voice!

It doesn't appear to even be the same voice actor, and it sounds terrible.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I can find a compromise. I love the very short pulse when the disc begins to spin for a couple seconds. It makes sense to me that the game would shake a bit when a giant pizza starts to spin. I think I might remove the shake from the disc stopping.
I also think I can find a couple other areas to add some shakes too. I also think I can tweak some of the existing shaking to be a bit more interesting.

Hi Xaqery

Removing the pulse from stop would be excellent. I feel for you trying to make everyone happy. I think it just triggered a OCD twitch in me.

Just worked out how foot 3 can be left ramp or centre depending on 2nd shot. Awesome!!

I do love this game.

Thanks!!

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I can find a compromise. I love the very short pulse when the disc begins to spin for a couple seconds. It makes sense to me that the game would shake a bit when a giant pizza starts to spin. I think I might remove the shake from the disc stopping.
I also think I can find a couple other areas to add some shakes too. I also think I can tweak some of the existing shaking to be a bit more interesting.

You could also have the short or light pulses drop off if the shaker isn't set to Maximal. That way the user has control over what shaking effects they want to some degree. The small/short/light ones would only be felt if "maximal" is set on the settings.

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could also have the short or light pulses drop off if the shaker isn't set to Maximal. That way the user has control over what shaking effects they want to some degree. The small/short/light ones would only be felt if "maximal" is set on the settings.

Would be great! Shuts me up.

Sorry for upsetting people over this one.

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

That's solved by not being able to play the Fly episode until you complete this one.
As it stands, it doesn't make sense to have Shredder praise him for a good job, and then zap him.

Shredder is a bad guy, it's in his nature.

Rob

#3014 3 years ago

I wish there was a 'making of' video for this game. I've really liked all the other ones that were done.

Rob

#3015 3 years ago

As someone did a few pages ago I just replaced the post rubbers the game comes with. MY GOD they are hard as rocks. I played a few games after replacing and dont notice much difference, maybe the right ramp is a bit more forgiving...

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

As someone did a few pages ago I just replaced the post rubbers the game comes with. MY GOD they are hard as rocks. I played a few games after replacing and dont notice much difference, maybe the right ramp is a bit more forgiving...

They're not really post rubber, they're post sleeves. They're supposed to be hard, not spongy like rubber.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not really post rubber, they're post sleeves. They're supposed to be hard, not spongy like rubber.

Ah that makes sense. Im just trying to limit the crazy bounces to the outlanes.

#3018 3 years ago

Premium # 306049 set up and ready to play at The Arcade in Wichita. This thing is a blast. Stop by if you're ever in the area!

IMG_1429 (resized).JPGIMG_1429 (resized).JPGIMG_1437 (resized).JPGIMG_1437 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPGIMG_1446 (resized).JPGIMG_1446 (resized).JPGIMG_1450 (resized).JPGIMG_1450 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPG
#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Premium # 306049 set up and ready to play at The Arcade in Wichita. This thing is a blast. Stop by if you're ever in the area!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a cool setup for an arcade! Love the screens. You would want to put on a good game for the audience!

#3020 3 years ago

what are the screens above each pin? Is that showing whats going on so people can watch everything? If so thats fucking awesome. How is it done?

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what are the screens above each pin? Is that showing whats going on so people can watch everything? If so thats fucking awesome. How is it done?

Yup! For leisure and tournament purposes. There is a camera attached to a pole that runs along the ceiling above each game and runs the feed to each 32” screen. Pretty simple.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cameras above each game that have hdmi our connections that plug into the TVs above the games.

#3023 3 years ago

that is fucking awesome. love it

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Yup! For leisure and tournament purposes. There is a camera attached to a pole that runs along the ceiling above each game and runs the feed to each 32” screen. Pretty simple.

FYI, you should be able to change the settings on the cameras so you don’t see the menu button and other stuff from the camera screen.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

FYI, you should be able to change the settings on the cameras so you don’t see the menu button and other stuff from the camera screen.

We’ve tried. Some have the OSD, sone don’t. All the settings are the same. We game up trying to figure it out. When we match the settings to one that shows the display and one that doesn’t, it still shows the display.

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

We’ve tried. Some have the OSD, sone don’t. All the settings are the same. We game up trying to figure it out. When we match the settings to one that shows the display and one that doesn’t, it still shows the display.

Can I put footage of Keith Elwin playing whilst I play?

#3028 3 years ago

I seem to remember reading back in this thread about the rear playfield lights and inserts resetting/cycling during gameplay. Is that a common issue and what was the fix for this?

#3029 3 years ago

Does the "Foot Clan spinner" have any purpose?
I only see it counting with some points (K's) on the screen...

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Feels grindy, but it may be that I just don't understand the big picture yet.
WoZ is pretty low scoring, but I still feel satisfied with the work in vs the score out. That equation seems off with TMNT as of yet. It's great fun to shoot, but I am usually unsatisfied with the amount of work I do for the score I get.

That’s a good point. There’s a lot to be said for making things score like they feel like they should.

#3031 3 years ago

425 plays in 2 weeks. This game is a keeper!

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Does the "Foot Clan spinner" have any purpose?
I only see it counting with some points (K's) on the screen...

It increases the value of the 123 combo shots.
1st shot = 1x the value
2nd shot = 2x
3rd shot = 3x

if you want to max it out you should collect 123 during your last ball because every spinner shot adds up. if you once complete 123, it won't light up again. if you dont collect it, 123 will always light up at your next ball.

#3033 3 years ago

Well that didn't take long. Got a report of the Van not working properly. On 1 of the 3 Pizza multiballs the player got, the Van would not open. The game just kept launching balls to the Van but the Van wouldn't release them. He said this is a known issue but I don't see anything about this exact issue. Anyone else experience this?

#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I seem to remember reading back in this thread about the rear playfield lights and inserts resetting/cycling during gameplay. Is that a common issue and what was the fix for this?

That happened to my machine as well as others when their glider servo failed and was pulling down the board when it was trying to move. Is this happening on a premium/LE ?

#3035 3 years ago

Hey @prodoshi i know you are getting the airballs in the left orbit as well, but are you getting airballs on the right ramp? Sometimes when I hit the ramp on the fly it hits the gate with the switch. Or it hits the start of the plastic airball protector. I have tried to adjust the gate a bit higher but it still happens on occasion. Any ideas?

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

That happened to my machine as well as others when their glider servo failed and was pulling down the board when it was trying to move. Is this happening on a premium/LE ?

Yes, it is on a premium. I just went into the glider test menu and sure enough, when I move the glider the back half of the GI pulses a bit. It doesn't go out and reset but the back half definitely pulses like it looses a bit of power. That's so frustrating and it also looks like there's no option to disable the glider. Is it possible to unplug the glider (while it's in the middle position) and still play the game? I've only played 8 games on this thing. I'm still on code 1.11. Haven't had a chance to update yet.

LapsedGamer what was your final fix for the problem?

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey prodoshi i know you are getting the airballs in the left orbit as well, but are you getting airballs on the right ramp? Sometimes when I hit the ramp on the fly it hits the gate with the switch. Or it hits the start of the plastic airball protector. I have tried to adjust the gate a bit higher but it still happens on occasion. Any ideas?

Yes the left orbit is a brickfest

Luckily I built a airball protector for the right ramp. There was already one person reporting of a broken ramp because of hitting the sign with airballs.

Here is my posting from earlier in this thread including an on-the-fly shot:

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The best and easiest thing i did is the airball protector on the right ramp. It is important to screw it on both sides of the ramp so it will stabilize the whole ramp and the Training sign with the switch will not rumble and it cant be hit from flying balls. I can't believe how smooth that ramp feels now, rock solid but like silk. if you build one too, make sure you take material you can bend with hot water (PETG for example), because attachment on the bottom is too high for a straight piece. Do not screw it to the rubber posts that will be too low for fast balls!
Enjoy! (use a scroll saw for cutting the plastic)

00001 (3).gif00001 (3).gif
00001 (1) (resized).jpg00001 (1) (resized).jpg00001 (2) (resized).jpg00001 (2) (resized).jpg

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yes, it is on a premium. I just went into the glider test menu and sure enough, when I move the glider the back half of the GI pulses a bit. It doesn't go out and reset but the back half definitely pulses like it looses a bit of power. That's so frustrating and it also looks like there's no option to disable the glider. Is it possible to unplug the glider (while it's in the middle position) and still play the game? I've only played 8 games on this thing. I'm still on code 1.11. Haven't had a chance to update yet.
lapsedgamer what was your final fix for the problem?

The fix is to have to get a whole new glider assembly. You need to reach out to Stern and let them know the issue. They will then have you go thru your Distributor to make the claim. It was about a 2.5 week process for us....Very responsive from Stern but just took awhile with shipping and what not. You can unplug the glider from below the playfield for now but not sure if you can center it thru the test menu if it is out on you. Best thing to do is completely remove it from your game.

Edit: I am not sure if unhooking the glider will fix the back half GI going out on you though. I just kept playing the game with the broken assembly while waiting for the new assembly. It was annoying though have to deal with that.

#3039 3 years ago

Still waiting on my TMNT Pro in Canada. Anyone in Canada receive theirs yet?

Seriously considering shifting my deposit over to Iron Maiden or Jurassic Park and getting TMNT next year instead. Is that even possible, or is the deposit already paid directly to Stern?

#3040 3 years ago

one thing I wish would be added is some actual points for hitting the inner loop over and over on ball launch. you can do like 7 loops and get about 700 points.... Even the middle ramp on this doesnt give you much.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Still waiting on my TMNT Pro in Canada. Anyone in Canada receive theirs yet?
Seriously considering shifting my deposit over to Iron Maiden or Jurassic Park and getting TMNT next year instead. Is that even possible, or is the deposit already paid directly to Stern?

That's up to your Distributor. Ask them if you can move your deposit. You will prob be waiting just as long for those games as you would for TMNT. Everything is on backorder right now on all latest releases.

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

lapsedgamer what was your final fix for the problem?

I would echo what HookedOnPinonics said, You should be able to unhook the connectors underneath and move to the middle then work with Stern and distributor to get the replacement assembly, I feel your pain as I was down after about a dozen games out of box but I’ve played a few hundred without issue after the replacement. Good luck!

Edit: I would also recommend updating as they did change some code with max servo distances, potentially effecting this issue

#3043 3 years ago

yawn.

and the kaneda vs. Kaneda shtick is already getting old.

Stick around though b/c I do love the inside story. Spices up this place.

#3044 3 years ago

I do hit this sign sometimes. Would you be willing to make one for me and sell it to me that I can just bolt on?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yes the left orbit is a brickfest
Luckily I built a airball protector for the right ramp. There was already one person reporting of a broken ramp because of hitting the sign with airballs.
Here is my posting from earlier in this thread including an on-the-fly shot:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3045 3 years ago

I love how Stern is announcing new pins while their quality still appears to be at an all time low.. WTF is going on over there? Has anyone with the shitty playfield art heard anything back from a distributor or Stern? Are they going to do anything about it?

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love how Stern is announcing new pins while their quality still appears to be at an all time low.. WTF is going on over there? Has anyone with the shitty playfield art heard anything back from a distributor or Stern? Are they going to do anything about it?

My Turtles was perfect.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

My Turtles was perfect.

Are you suggesting that all of people in the past previous 61 pages who are submitting photos of diverter issues and crappy print quality are fabricating some elaborate quality lie? Or just that you got lucky with the draw?

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I had two distinct spots on the playfield that looked like someone used wetsand to try and fix a flaw and never cleared back over it. I polished them up decently and called it good because it was going on location and it wasn't that bad, but it was an issue. I also had big fingerprints all over the metal ramps and under the clear ramps that I had to disassemble to clean. Annoyed but that was an issue as well. Also had to re-dress some of the wiring due to a couple connectors being banjo'd across other harnesses. It's like my machine was built on a Friday by the news guys.

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

Same here. I’ve emailed my distributor twice already (hemispheres amusements), but no response back from them... I just want to know what my options are for the grainy playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/61?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.