(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 241.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So before we start slagging mod companies, can someone confirm that pizza spin start or stop causes shaker motor to pulse?
Thanks.

It pulses at the beginning and the end of the pizza spin. At both dimension x targets, both pizza targets and the 2x PF target.
So nothing wrong with your game!

#2952 3 years ago

Thanks!!! Well that’s weird. Would be good if no shaker on pizza spin on and off.

Would be great to add for weapon skill shot and foot 123. A lot of work to get these with little fanfare.

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hitting the dimension, 2x playfield and add time starts the pizza up. Which causes a pulse.

Only the mezel mods glider which is powered by a GI bulb.
Does anybody else have shaker pulse for pizza spinning up and down??

Disconnect the mod from the GI and see if the problem persists.

Rob

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

anyone else find it interesting that the trough eject power can now be set lower. I think 176 was base now 150, just set mine to 150 ball comes out nice and gentle.
Edit wouldn't load trough when 3 balls were on playfield, 160 seems good

On my LE, I still can't set it below 176. Has anyone else with an LE/Pre tried to change this?

From my experience with EHOH, 160 is about right.

Rob

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Disconnect the mod from the GI and see if the problem persists.
Rob

I did and reset the pizza motor and reset the machine. No change thanks.

I have also had @prodoshi confirm this happens. The shaker motor pulses with the pizza motor starting and stopping

BTW, if you have an LE what does your shaker do when the pizza starts and stops?

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Putting any powered mods aside from factory stuff on these newer spike games is a gamble at best. Your playing Russian roulette. 9 out of 10 mods might be fine but it only takes that one dodgy mod and you can fry a node board or cause an intermittent current issue... if your lucky.
I personally don't go near the overpriced crap but hey it's your game...

Any examples of this happening? The only powered mod I have heard causing any issues on SPIKE games were some early shaker motors. Those issues were quickly detected and corrected.

With the 10% risk guesstimate that you have given....there must be 100s of examples to point to.

#2957 3 years ago

I would think that's a cool effect to have the shaker motor pulse when pizza motor is starting.

Quoted from gumnut01:

I did and reset the pizza motor and reset the machine. No change thanks.
I have also had prodoshi confirm this happens. The shaker motor pulses with the pizza motor starting and stopping
BTW, if you have an LE what does your shaker do when the pizza starts and stops?

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would think that's a cool effect to have the shaker motor pulse when pizza motor is starting.

But it happens for no reason. And the pizza stops on a timer so then you have a hurry up shake on the machine and nothing is happening. Most of the time I’m just cradling the ball or setting up my next shot and then the machine rumbles because the pizza stops spinning. It’s off putting. It’s a useless distraction. Until I knew what was causing it I thought “the pins trying to tell me to shoot for something .... what?”.

And then I thought “my shaker is malfunctioning, it’s shaking for no reason”.

Shaker should be used for achievements Like 123 foot or weapon completions (which it is not). Not for mechanisms just winding down. The pizza spins for a multitude of reasons, usually missing the left ramp since it starts up for hitting one of the targets on the sides of the ramp. So it hardly needs any fanfare.

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my LE, I still can't set it below 176. Has anyone else with an LE/Pre tried to change this?
From my experience with EHOH, 160 is about right.
Rob

Are you on 1.21 code?

#2960 3 years ago

Perhaps the programmer thought it would be a good indicator to the player to know when the pizza stops or starts without looking by that tactile feel?

Quoted from gumnut01:

But it happens for no reason. And the pizza stops on a timer so then you have a hurry up shake on the machine and nothing is happening. Most of the time I’m just cradling the ball or setting up my next shot and then the machine rumbles because the pizza stops spinning. It’s off putting. It’s a useless distraction. Until I knew what was causing it I thought “the pins trying to tell me to shoot for something .... what?”.
And then I thought “my shaker is malfunctioning, it’s shaking for no reason”.
Shaker should be used for achievements Like 123 foot or weapon completions (which it is not). Not for mechanisms just winding down. The pizza spins for a multitude of reasons, usually missing the left ramp since it starts up for hitting one of the targets on the sides of the ramp. So it hardly needs any fanfare.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Perhaps the programmer thought it would be a good indicator to the player to know when the pizza stops or starts without looking by that tactile feel?

Dwight is aware of it and he said he like it that way. No need to discuss further... however he eventually will revisit the shaker motor effects.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Are you on 1.21 code?

Of course!

Rob

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Dwight is aware of it and he said he like it that way. No need to discuss further... however he eventually will revisit the shaker motor effects.

To be honest, the only shaker effect I am not sure I like is the start of Pizza Parlor MB. I get so used to shakers that I don't notice they are there, but I do notice if they are not.

Rob

#2964 3 years ago

Here is a quick tutorial on how I shoot the "LAIR" shot on TMNT successfully.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetGlamorousAlpacaBudBlast

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here is a quick tutorial on how I shoot the "LAIR" shot on TMNT successfully.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetGlamorousAlpacaBudBlast

Yeah, I backflip the scoop on GotG as well. The staged switch on TMNT makes it a little harder for me because you need to release the button entirely for a millisecond to backflip it.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That sounds like a node overcurrent reset. Do you have any mods on your game?
Rob

The only mod I have is the speaker kit mod; could that be causing it? How would I fix a node over current reset? Thanks so much

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

The only mod I have is the speaker kit mod; could that be causing it? How would I fix a node over current reset? Thanks so much

When it happens, check for technician alerts which would tell you if there was an overcurrent condition.

Rob

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

from my view, there have been enough pins with an alternative ball launch enabled by pressing the left flipperbutton during ball launch. thats not possible here with ball one (just with a workaround), but it works on ball 2 and 3 as known from other pins.

I'm still trying to figure out what you guys are even talking about in terms of struggling with...

Switch turtles with flippers... plunge or hit the button
Want the orbit bypass... hold flipper button before plunging

What combination are you trying to do and failing?

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to figure out what you guys are even talking about in terms of struggling with...
Switch turtles with flippers... plunge or hit the button
Want the orbit bypass... hold flipper button before plunging
What combination are you trying to do and failing?

It's just like Star Trek and many others. Move to the right of the mode/turtle you want then press and hold the left flipper button. You are now on what you want to choose and it does the alternate launch.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. What's your auto-launch power set to? Feature adjustment 10.
2. What's your game pitch set at?
3. The right fork on your auto launcher isn't even with the left one. The left fork may be launching the ball into the shooter wall, robbing it of power. I'd slo-mo record the launch with your phone and see what's happening.

Thank you much! You lead me right to the fixes. So, on my pin, the lock post wasn't positioned perfectly in the hole through playfield, and the optical sensors that detect locked balls were mounted as far forward as possible, which means when you lock ball one, it was pushed into ball 2's sensor. I moved both mechanisms away from each other, and I haven't had any more lock problems or ball searches. Also, you were dead on about my auto plunger, I bent the right side in just a hair more, and I'm now getting almost 100% successful auto launches. Balls are loading into the van correctly, multi balls are starting correctly, it's running like a dream. Thank you so very much. When she's working as intended, this game is FUN!

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from TheHoss:

Thank you much! You lead me right to the fixes. So, on my pin, the lock post wasn't positioned perfectly in the hole through playfield, and the optical sensors that detect locked balls were mounted as far forward as possible, which means when you lock ball one, it was pushed into ball 2's sensor. I moved both mechanisms away from each other, and I haven't had any more lock problems or ball searches. Also, you were dead on about my auto plunger, I bent the right side in just a hair more, and I'm now getting almost 100% successful auto launches. Balls are loading into the van correctly, multi balls are starting correctly, it's running like a dream. Thank you so very much. When she's working as intended, this game is FUN!

Great news. This is just garden variety tweaking for a NIB experience, but it can be frustrating if you're expecting a fabulous, fully tuned pin out of the box.

It is a very fun game. Glad you can enjoy it now!

#2972 3 years ago

It's probably too early to say for sure, but I have probably played 20+ games since updating my Pro to the 1.21 code, and I have yet to have a 2 player game start when I only push the start button once. I did see that they had alleged a fix for that problem in the release notes, so it's good to know that this pesky problem is no longer present.

#2973 3 years ago

What are the overall thoughts of the scoring?
I find it not as rewarding as I want it to be.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Feels grindy, but it may be that I just don't understand the big picture yet.

WoZ is pretty low scoring, but I still feel satisfied with the work in vs the score out. That equation seems off with TMNT as of yet. It's great fun to shoot, but I am usually unsatisfied with the amount of work I do for the score I get.

#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

You're probably too used to higher scoring games. I think it scores fine, better now with a bit more points from playing the missions. But, maybe there's still room for a bit more tweaking? I need to play more of the new code.

Rob

#2976 3 years ago

Just finished installing my first mod...Krang has landed! Now when a Krang hurry up is running I’ll know to focus on his loops.

4D012A56-648D-455F-9A4E-23FCEB273D9D.jpeg4D012A56-648D-455F-9A4E-23FCEB273D9D.jpeg7A08926C-782E-47FD-B917-A58E95F653DB.jpeg7A08926C-782E-47FD-B917-A58E95F653DB.jpeg93DB24BF-1CF5-4618-9DE9-34E5D8F7DF77.jpeg93DB24BF-1CF5-4618-9DE9-34E5D8F7DF77.jpeg
#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

The place where your light kit gets it's power is right after the power switch (the bill validator power connection). The light kit is not getting it's power from the power supply, power distribution board, the main board or any of the node boards.

Feel free to unhook it and see if it changes anything. Unplugging the power cable from it's power supply should be all that is needed to do that.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just finished installing my first mod...Krang has landed! Now when a Krang hurry up is running I’ll know to focus on his loops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn u and your 78 million! This game is really starting to frustrate me. Its reminding me im not good at pinball. Just so many random bounces that jump directly to the side outlanes in this game. Its frustrating!

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Well I don’t like it to the point where I have now deactivated my shaker. Problem solved by end user. I hope Dwight stops pulsing the shaker for pizza spin start and stop, so I can turn it back on again. Anyway I won’t post anymore on this issue.

I have raised it with stern support.

#2980 3 years ago

Left drains 79, centre 249, right 97. Pitch 6.5, level left to right. Left drain is acting fine for me!

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Well I don’t like it to the point where I have now deactivated my shaker. Problem solved by end user. I hope Dwight stops pulsing the shaker for pizza spin start and stop, so I can turn it back on again. Anyway I won’t post anymore on this issue.

There's a setting to dial down how often the shaker is used you might try. "Maximal use" is the default I believe.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

There's a setting to dial down how often the shaker is used you might try. "Maximal use" is the default I believe.

Thanks. I tried the different settings. No change. I can always use the shaker on my next game, I’m planning on getting JP2 later so no harm.

#2983 3 years ago

Just unboxing my TMNT pro - the corner of the cab caught my eye - is this standard? Anything to be concerned about ?

Other corners seem ok

C97223F2-7C17-4B33-A44E-55072FE6B83A (resized).jpegC97223F2-7C17-4B33-A44E-55072FE6B83A (resized).jpegD38D7C55-C050-4EB5-8F31-6F3B5612F9F0 (resized).jpegD38D7C55-C050-4EB5-8F31-6F3B5612F9F0 (resized).jpeg
#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just so many random bounces that jump directly to the side outlanes in this game. Its frustrating

Try Michelangelo and change Battle Again to switch with the flipper buttons. Much better, IMO. Though I do believe it wont carry over between balls.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from skankingaround:

Just unboxing my TMNT pro - the corner of the cab caught my eye - is this standard? Anything to be concerned about ?
Other corners seem ok
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get a brace on that. Cabinet is splitting at the seam.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

I think the stern brace is fun size. Williams braces are full size.

#2987 3 years ago

Other corners seem ok

I would glue it to be sure. Easy to do, just get wood glue. Could be a transport issue. Everything else ok?

#2988 3 years ago

Totally normal on the cabinet these days. Just sloppy assembly vs. actually splitting. You can see they put filler in the outside seams now to close the gaps, and that appears to be intact.

#2989 3 years ago

Finally made it to Final Battle only to brick everything and drain out. This game is so frustrating but at the same time it's fun and challenging enough for me to keep going back.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Totally normal on the cabinet these days. Just sloppy assembly vs. actually splitting. You can see they put filler in the outside seams now to close the gaps, and that appears to be intact.

Thanks !

Everything else seems good! No issues with the artwork that i can see anyway

4493A80F-DB3A-464A-B064-D36DB81B7EF6 (resized).jpeg4493A80F-DB3A-464A-B064-D36DB81B7EF6 (resized).jpeg

#2991 3 years ago

@xaquery
Please dont change the shaker effects. They are awesome. Especially the subtle pulses. You answered the call when there wasnt enough action with the shaker and now there is literally just one guy that doesnt like it. Again, the shaker effects are awesome and it really brings the game to life. Thanks for reading this thread. You rule. This game is a blast to play.

#2992 3 years ago

Other corners seem ok

No just the standard quality.

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

@xaquery
Please dont change the shaker effects. They are awesome. Especially the subtle pulses. You answered the call when there wasnt enough action with the shaker and now there is literally just one guy that doesnt like it. Again, the shaker effects are awesome and it really brings the game to life. Thanks for reading this thread. You rule. This game is a blast to play.

Thanks dude. I asked for one thing to be removed that does not make sense. And then I asked for shaker effects to be added for both weapon skill shots and foot 123. So I asked for more shaker effects not less.

Edit: if everyone else is happy with it in its current state, apologies. I thought it was a bug and was just trying to report. Just trying to improve on what’s there.

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks dude. I asked for one thing to be removed that does not make sense.

I guess it makes sense to me bc the pulse is saying, “hey you, pay attention”

I remember how little it was used before so with what he added I was grateful

Would be like 1 step forward 2 steps back scenario

-Dude

#2995 3 years ago

Also,
I think you do get a single pulse for ea 123 and weapon shot right?
Those modes also give an audio and visual nod to the player so there is no doubt what to do
But when you lock a pizza ball you DO need some indicator, hence the pulse, when the ball kicks out
Though it might have a flasher go off also not sure..
I just like subtle use of a shaker to let you know the machine is breathing so to speak

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I guess it makes sense to me bc the pulse is saying, “hey you, pay attention”
I remember how little it was used before so with what he added I was grateful
Would be like 1 step forward 2 steps back scenario
-Dude

I think I can find a compromise. I love the very short pulse when the disc begins to spin for a couple seconds. It makes sense to me that the game would shake a bit when a giant pizza starts to spin. I think I might remove the shake from the disc stopping.

I also think I can find a couple other areas to add some shakes too. I also think I can tweak some of the existing shaking to be a bit more interesting.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I can find a compromise. I love the very short pulse when the disc begins to spin for a couple seconds. It makes sense to me that the game would shake a bit when a giant pizza starts to spin. I think I might remove the shake from the disc stopping.
I also think I can find a couple other areas to add some shakes too. I also think I can tweak some of the existing shaking to be a bit more interesting.

That’s all Sounds good!
But I like the shake when pizza stops! Maybe can be a menu adjustment.

#2998 3 years ago

What pitch is everyone playing the game at?

I have it set at the default 6.5 degrees right now, and I've heard anecdotally from at least one other player that they tried it steeper and it didn't seem to help. That said, the normal battle cry is "6.8-7 degrees" for a bunch of other games, citing that it results in fewer outlane missiles, potentially easier trapping, etc. Curious what everyone is playing at, and what results you've achieved through experimentation! Leveling these tables is obnoxious and difficult for me thus far, so I don't typically do a ton of adjustment after the initial setup; maybe I just don't quite understand something about the way these factory levelers are supposed to work, if it's meant to be an easy process?

Almost got to Final Battle last night; was in Episode 7 of 8. Walked away with 45m score. That said, boy was it some work, not the least of which was juggling the ball desperately trying to keep it from flying straight to the outlanes. Wondering if pitch might help make the table a little more manageable in that regard.

#2999 3 years ago

The sound file for Splinter saying "Raphael" is wrong. It sounds like a completely different guy. Oddly enough, the notes for 1.21 say that this sound file was corrected (must have been mistakenly changed in the unreleased 1.20) but it actually isn't fixed.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

In my opinion you can’t have enough shaker. Just adds more dimension. Code in everything you want and that becomes the Maximum setting. People can pick a different setting if they don’t want as much.

My only request is to have the action button change to the same color of the turtle you are playing. I think it is weird it is always blue.

Lastly in Krangs second mode there are two red shots that move. What is the significance of them compared to the yellow shots? The prompt just says shoot lit shots.

So far I’m loving this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/60?hl=coindropper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.