(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 241.
#201 3 years ago

Watching this game, think this might be Borg's smoothest layout he has ever done.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Watching this game, think this might be Borg's smoothest layout he has ever done.

Miles and miles away from that. It's fun as hell but if you play this and say it's more flowing than munsters or tron you may be on drugs. Those are just two off the top of my head.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

As stated above many past pros included this board in their bom. Writing two software routines to control the motor differently on pro vs. prem/le is more software dev work. Cutting the board out certainly does reduce a modicum of cost, but I am lead to believe the driving factor on leaving it out was to create differentiation and drive pre/le sales. It worked on me. I’m in and didn’t go for the pro, even though it has the best art.
I guess “one way” you could “spin” it is, by leaving out the direct drive board it is one less component to fail. This potentially creates a more reliable game for operators. I think the struggle for some is the cost factor creating the differentiation in pro vs pre/le often appears extremely low. The delta in sales price is significant. Now profit isn’t a dirty word, but when the differences are a switch here, and a driver board there, and the rest is software it does feel bad.

Guys -
I am probably going to be fired for talking about this but, the PRO was way over budget. Anywhere we could save even a $3 we took it.

#204 3 years ago

Anyone know a good distributor in Canada? My uncle is looking to get either a premium or LE, he’s over on Vancouver island. Thanks in advance.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know a good distributor in Canada? My uncle is looking to get either a premium or LE, he’s over on Vancouver island. Thanks in advance.

Nitro pinball might work well for you.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
I am probably going to be fired for talking about this but, the PRO was way over budget. Anywhere we could save even a $3 we took it.

This entirely tracks with all the early impressions. Nearly everyone is saying how packed the pro is.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -

It is a shame to hear that as honestly this should be the bear minimum for Pro level IMHO. Hopefully they are seeing that this is what helps sell games.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Nitro pinball might work well for you.

Thanks man, any others you can recommend?

#209 3 years ago

TMNT Full Gameplay Video

SDTM puts up Grand Champion and able to show many of the features and modes of Stern Pinball’s newly released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine

#210 3 years ago

This should be an excellent game for mods. I do hope we steer from the action figures though. I should have an LE hopefully next week or this week. I’ll post pictures and I’ll coat the speaker panel and coin door for reference

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

TMNT Full Gameplay Video
SDTM puts up Grand Champion and able to show many of the features and modes of Stern Pinball’s newly released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine

Just watched the vid, light show is legit.

#212 3 years ago

ZMeny do you have a SHAKER installed?

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

zmeny do you have a SHAKER installed?

I do not. LE is coming and this pro will be going to Steve Bedi and Bill Webb to stream on the Flip N Out Pinball twitch channel.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a shame to hear that as honestly this should be the bear minimum for Pro level IMHO. Hopefully they are seeing that this is what helps sell games.

It’s what made me pull the trigger!

#215 3 years ago

The magnetized balls at the beginning of multiball make it feel like a shaker is installed! Really fun opening sequence.

I tried to find out how many balls I shots I had left for turtle power and didnt see anything in instant info. Is that info / number of pizza locks on the display somewhere?

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

This should be an excellent game for mods. I do hope we steer from the action figures though. I should have an LE hopefully next week or this week. I’ll post pictures and I’ll coat the speaker panel and coin door for reference

You are more than welcome to mod it however you want, but why does it matter to you how others mod their game? If they want to put in action figures, so be it. Who cares?

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
I am probably going to be fired for talking about this but, the PRO was way over budget.

Thanks for sharing. It does seem loaded!

#218 3 years ago

Theres a lot of ramp / wireform in the game that's for sure. One of the more challenging playfield protector installs I've done. Stern is also knocking it out of the park with the layered plastics that are a cheap way to add depth / vibrance to the look of the game. It really is amazing in person and looks better than the photos relay. The colors on the outside of the cab are very attractive.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -

Please don't take this the wrong way as my family loves Stranger Things. We have 850 plays on it. However; after seeing the TMNT Pro I want this much stuff on every pro! Lol. I have one on order.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Please don't take this the wrong way as my family loves Stranger Things. We have 850 plays on it. However; after seeing the TMNT Pro I want this much stuff on every pro! Lol. I have one on order.

Im sure stern like any business has a target price for each model. things like license dont cost the same on each pin and could take away from the rest. Think Star Wars Pro being pretty bare(dwight its still amazing and I own a comic premium, but pro is pretty bare and code makes the game). Star Wars license probably cost more than ninja turtles and therefore they can fit more in. I dunno, Im just guessing. Anyways I have an LE coming soon and I cant wait to put it next to deadpool and SW.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Theres a lot of ramp / wireform in the game that's for sure. One of the more challenging playfield protector installs I've done. Stern is also knocking it out of the park with the layered plastics that are a cheap way to add depth / vibrance to the look of the game. It really is amazing in person and looks better than the photos relay. The colors on the outside of the cab are very attractive.

Protectors are available? That's fast. I'm kind of dreading the install, but I've already added them on tmnt data east, asm gottlieb, deadpool pro, and judge dredd (most challenging).

#222 3 years ago

Yup, playfield-protectors.com I believe. If you have those under your belt you'll be fine, just a bit time consuming and intricate. Be sure to label your connectors before you unplug them as there's a few that don't color match.

#223 3 years ago

Does anybody know how to relight pizza parlor locks after the first pizza multiball?

#224 3 years ago

LE looks amazing! Like CANDY!!

https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/10158661197199244/?vh=e&d=n

2D2ADFF5-1DA7-45A6-B008-330F2A31AA84 (resized).png2D2ADFF5-1DA7-45A6-B008-330F2A31AA84 (resized).png46F35937-4156-4148-8287-15A408ECEB50 (resized).png46F35937-4156-4148-8287-15A408ECEB50 (resized).png
#225 3 years ago

Yeah that powder coat looks way better close up.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that powder coat looks way better close up.

Sure does. It is like sour candy apple. I am in on a LE and this made my day . Can’t wait to see it.

#227 3 years ago

So what is the toughness of play in this game in general? I have played and it seems average. I was putting up 10 million plus most games as I was figuring things out. I enjoyed it! Another friend who in general is a better player than me says he has a really tough time on it.

I have owned IM, AS, MET, GOTG and borrowed TWD for a month from a friend. TWD And IM were tough on me. On first impressions where does it fit on the Borg spectrum of toughness? Thanks!

#228 3 years ago

Definitely not frustrating at all. I’ve only put one game on it but was able to find the shots almost immediately. Lair and right orbit being the hardest for me.

I’m usually a terrible upper flipper player and I found those shots pretty quickly too.

I like the mono targets. It can ge frustrating to have that bottom target left and not be able to ever hit it unless your shot it perfect.

The way the targets are coded are good too and you’re going to need to hit them a lot so it makes sense that they are easier to hit.

#229 3 years ago

New game code :

PRO V1.04 - June 27, 2020
=========================
Fixed:
- Cowabunga Wizard mode was not starting when it should.

PRO V1.03 - June 25, 2020
- RELEASE for the PREM/LE only

PRO V1.02 - June 24, 2020
- Internal Realease

#230 3 years ago

Anyone know the production schedule? Dwight? Are they going back to pros after this week of LE’s?

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Anyone know the production schedule? Dwight? Are they going back to pros after this week of LE’s?

Usually they make all the LEs and then go back to Pros. I assume that is what they will do here as well, but I don't work for Stern.

#232 3 years ago

I’m looking to buy a pro any distributors taking orders for the July batch.

#233 3 years ago

Some behind the scenes photos of TMNT LE production at the Stern Factory. Enjoy.

20200626_105919 (resized).jpg20200626_105919 (resized).jpg20200626_110119 (resized).jpg20200626_110119 (resized).jpg20200626_110511 (resized).jpg20200626_110511 (resized).jpg20200626_110612 (resized).jpg20200626_110612 (resized).jpg20200626_110807 (resized).jpg20200626_110807 (resized).jpg20200626_133440 (resized).jpg20200626_133440 (resized).jpg20200626_134130 (resized).jpg20200626_134130 (resized).jpg
#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

I just keep staring out the window and waiting for that magical truck to appear. Lol. I have a pro on order.

#235 3 years ago

i look at my email way too often to see if my distributer has emailed me about my LE.....

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Some behind the scenes photos of TMNT LE production at the Stern Factory. Enjoy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who signed the bottom of the playfields?

#237 3 years ago

just told my LE is on its way! sooo excited

#238 3 years ago

Just got an email from my distributor that my pro is ready for pickup . Good thing I only live 20 minutes away from him. Will report back tonight hopefully

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just got an email from my distributor that my pro is ready for pickup . Good thing I only live 20 minutes away from him. Will report back tonight hopefully

WOOT!

#240 3 years ago

Just was told my LE is shipping today! I’m only 7 hours from Chicago, maybe arrival before weekend!

#241 3 years ago

That front coin box art is awful

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Weird, but it actually makes me smile back at them. So I like it.

#243 3 years ago

I was told my LE ships this week!

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He made a joke about there being no coin door. Got him a downvote. Gotta love pinside! No humour allowed.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

He made a joke about there being no coin door. Got him a downvote. Gotta love pinside! No humour allowed.

oh..that's what he was getting at? I thought he just didnt like the front artwork of the LE cab.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

oh..that's what he was getting at? I thought he just didnt like the front artwork of the LE cab.

No - I think the front art on the LE is terrible.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well damn! This has been a rollercoaster!

#248 3 years ago

Was confused at what the "joke" was. Turns out he just don't like it.

I think it's the best of the 3.

#249 3 years ago
80CE90FA-D61D-43D1-963D-7C9063CDE2DA (resized).jpeg80CE90FA-D61D-43D1-963D-7C9063CDE2DA (resized).jpeg
#250 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

my bad. Thought it was a good joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/5?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.