(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 240.
#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

QUESTION: Where in the diagnostics menu is the ability to test the Pizza spin motor? Figured it would be in the game specific diagnostics but all I see is the Glider / Diverter test.

I don't recall there being one.

#2752 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What happened to the code drop?

Seems that Stern postponed the code update

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

So what are these holes for? Now that I've noticed them, they bug the piss out of me.[quoted image]

Maybe it’s for that secret upgrade they’ll drop in six months for the “secret UV slime sewer lane ball eject underneath playfield mech” everyone’s been bitchin for.

Don’t worry, it‘ll drill out real easy from the top...

#2754 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Is there a key post in the index here on how to do this?

I think so if you search for it, but really its super simple. Unscrew the four small silver screws that hold the whole bracket to the playfield from underneath and then the assembly will come loose. You can leave all the wire connections in place. Just add a couple drops on the grey shaft and reattach.

TMNT motorized magnetic disk (resized).JPGTMNT motorized magnetic disk (resized).JPG
#2755 3 years ago

QUESTION: Where in the diagnostics menu is the ability to test the Pizza spin motor? Figured it would be in the game specific diagnostics but all I see is the Glider / Diverter test.

I've done it before. It's actually under the coil test. You have to close the coin door and press start to test it. It will not spin continuously though, only for about a second. I think it's better to test just by playing the game.

#2756 3 years ago

I don't own the game but probably in coil test.

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I've done it before. It's actually under the coil test. You have to close the coin door and press start to test it. It will not spin continuously though, only for about a second. I think it's better to test just by playing the game.

Interesting, I wasn't seeing it under the coil test... you can test the spinner magnet from coil test menu but didn't see the motor test. I know TRON has it in the diagnostics menu where you could test without having to play game.

#2758 3 years ago

Interesting, I wasn't seeing it under the coil test... you can test the spinner magnet from coil test menu but didn't see the motor test. I know TRON has it in the diagnostics menu where you could test without having to play game.

Go to the feature diagnostics. It’s probably there. Should have a turtles symbol on it be be right next to the standard diagnostics.

Also, you don’t have to have the coin door shut. Just make sure and pull out the white interlock switch so it clicks. That will act like the door is shut.

#2759 3 years ago

Game feature adjustment #9 trough eject power, 176 min 255 max.

Quoted from djWHEAT:

Which setting is this exactly in the service menus? I found one that I thought was it, and it was set to a number (260 I believe), what did you end up setting it at? Or am I looking at the wrong setting?

#2760 3 years ago

TMNT Premium makes a fine addition to the lineup! Added the few mods that I had on-hand today, and put up the first GC score of 22m. Onward and upward!

082C6377-DB35-4739-9873-3E613E464F9E (resized).jpeg082C6377-DB35-4739-9873-3E613E464F9E (resized).jpegE56A6CFC-4F97-4960-9DD9-2F8CFCF09262 (resized).jpegE56A6CFC-4F97-4960-9DD9-2F8CFCF09262 (resized).jpegE9281193-A210-47EB-964B-9EFBAF7AEFB8 (resized).jpegE9281193-A210-47EB-964B-9EFBAF7AEFB8 (resized).jpegE44AB74B-4C2D-4E40-9EB1-358648A86546 (resized).jpegE44AB74B-4C2D-4E40-9EB1-358648A86546 (resized).jpegE621ADFC-89A7-45AA-B163-B50F1DC97B62 (resized).jpegE621ADFC-89A7-45AA-B163-B50F1DC97B62 (resized).jpeg67FA844D-ED40-448D-9345-B7E1DE34785A (resized).jpeg67FA844D-ED40-448D-9345-B7E1DE34785A (resized).jpeg
#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Go to the feature diagnostics. It’s probably there. Should have a turtles symbol on it be be right next to the standard diagnostics.
Also, you don’t have to have the coin door shut. Just make sure and pull out the white interlock switch so it clicks. That will act like the door is shut.

Unfortunately there isn't anything in there for the pizza spinner. The best way to test it is start a multiball.

Rob

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Unfortunately there isn't anything in there for the pizza spinner. The best way to test it is start a multiball.
Rob

Weird.

#2763 3 years ago

How are post passes working for everyone?

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Right to left fine, left to right is rough. I will withold real judgement till Titans are installed

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Right to left fine, left to right is rough. I will withold real judgement till Titans are installed

Has this to do with the function when you only half press left flipper only the upper flipper will work?
for me to pass is very hard with this function in place.

#2766 3 years ago

Has more to do with the position of the slings relative to the flippers.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

L to R difficult, but doable with a slight delay
R to L, much easier.

#2768 3 years ago

I'm still getting a lot of airballs off the standup targets. I am going to try using a thicker closed cell weather stripping foam on the targets. I've already angled them forward slightly with no improvement. The airballs are bad enough to hit the glass or fly out of the cabinet if the glass is off. The pizza spinner is level with the playfield.

Rob

#2769 3 years ago

O played this game for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it however would anybody agree it is just like DeadPool? I can't imagine owning both? Gameplay is different but the animations, voices seem the same.

#2770 3 years ago

The same as deadpool?

They both have modes I guess...

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

O played this game for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it however would anybody agree it is just like DeadPool?

Just like DP? Uh, no.

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

O played this game for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it however would anybody agree it is just like DeadPool? I can't imagine owning both? Gameplay is different but the animations, voices seem the same.

It's nothing like Deadpool. Even has a different amount of flippers. They do both have two flipper buttons, a lockdown bar button and a screen, though. Maybe that's the confusion.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's nothing like Deadpool. Even has a different amount of flippers. They do both have two flipper buttons, a lockdown bar button and a screen, though. Maybe that's the confusion.

And 4 legs. And pretty colours.

#2774 3 years ago

At the end of the day people just need to justify to themselves why not to want/buy a machine. Same reason why people justify buying Pros over Premiums, Premiums over LEs, Sterns over JJPs, and the list goes on and on. Let them do them and you do you.

#2775 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Has this to do with the function when you only half press left flipper only the upper flipper will work?
for me to pass is very hard with this function in place.

That sounds backwards. Half pressing the left button should activate the bottom flipper. The top flipper should only activate with the left button pressed in fully.

#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I own dp and tmnt. They are nothing alike in my opinion. Both super fun but completely different layouts and play

#2777 3 years ago

I just leveled TMNT perfectly, watched the devs talk through the game and studied Deadflips flipping skills and I’m sucking at this pin.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Really disappointed to see how far Turtles fell in the rankings.
I expected a fall from #1 given history of new machines on pinside, but I think it is still a few spots higher than where it fell.

Don’t be disappointed as the so called top 100 is a real joke. Old schoolers always make sure their sacred cows stay in the top positions by giving false low ratings to the new and IMO much better modern machines. They can’t bare their old relics of the long ago past, being located below the modern machines. “Pinside Joke 100”, is heavily manipulated by the old schoolers and not to be taken seriously in any degree. TMNT is and should have remained a top seed pinball machine. In a fair unbiased rating system, it would still most likely be there. Lol

#2779 3 years ago

In diagnostics, the coil for spinner motor is right before the coil for pizza magnet.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

#2780 3 years ago

Just got a premium today. Game is great. Question on the glider. Sometimes it stays in the middle and you cannot switch it with the button. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be? When it is to the right or left position, you can switch it with the button

#2781 3 years ago

Damn. Twice today during multiball, As th Van was loading back up, I hit the right ramp and the balls got stuck in the van. After a very long ball search,the van spit out like 4 or 5 balls. I didn’t really count . Anyway. Twice today. This can be fixed with code maybe ? The game is so fast, the glider misses stopping the ball pretty often,not a big deal, the air balls tho,wow, they are getting worse and intense ! Hitting glass soooo hard . Otherwise. Great game. This is an le/premium issue only I think
Oh. I made my own episode custom lights . Cheap n easy,really easy

Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm still getting a lot of airballs off the standup targets. I am going to try using a thicker closed cell weather stripping foam on the targets. I've already angled them forward slightly with no improvement. The airballs are bad enough to hit the glass or fly out of the cabinet if the glass is off. The pizza spinner is level with the playfield.
Rob

10060D13-256F-46C0-8B6C-C4BDFCC571DE (resized).jpeg10060D13-256F-46C0-8B6C-C4BDFCC571DE (resized).jpeg

35C617ED-1C87-4CC7-B325-25EE152B7EA4 (resized).jpeg35C617ED-1C87-4CC7-B325-25EE152B7EA4 (resized).jpeg80C8EAB5-4801-4186-96B3-22E572D349FF (resized).jpeg80C8EAB5-4801-4186-96B3-22E572D349FF (resized).jpeg
#2782 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t be disappointed as the so called top 100 is a real joke. Old schoolers always make sure their sacred cows stay in the top positions by giving false low ratings to the new and IMO much better modern machines. They can’t bare their old relics of the long ago past, being located below the modern machines. “Pinside Joke 100”, is heavily manipulated by the old schoolers and not to be taken seriously in any degree. TMNT is and should have remained a top seed pinball machine. In a fair unbiased rating system, it would still most likely be there. Lol

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just like DP? Uh, no.

It's better than DP. I loved DP but it was pretty one dimensional, attack the enemies. I beat it fairly quick after a month. I'm loving all the hurry-ups and modes in TMNT.

#2784 3 years ago

Anyone know what’s up with April when you have to collect her Hurry Ups and her letters are scrolling up and down? When it does this, you can’t collect letters to get Battle Again or Hurry Up.

The problem with this is late in the game, I’ve needed to finish the 5 April Hurry Ups to qualify Cowabunga (yes I’m obviously playing Co-op 4 player). But her letters are scrolling on some ball starts and I can’t do anything to get it back to collecting letters. I’ve tried MB, I’ve tried getting into Weapon and Foot. Nada.

The kicker is if you collect everything early (Foot, Weapon, Triple mondo, Grande, Krang) and you get to ball 3, you don’t want to complete the 8th mode until you have all the April’s done because you can’t collect April in Final Battle. Getting locked out of April means Cowabunga isn’t happening (unless you somehow beat Final Battle, but I don’t know if it opens up after that again).

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Anyone know what’s up with April when you have to collect her Hurry Ups and her letters are scrolling up and down? When it does this, you can’t collect letters to get Battle Again or Hurry Up.

You can collect 2 April awards before you need to start an episode to re-enable them. Michelangelo starts with Battle Again lit so you could get 2 April hurry-ups done before playing the first episode. But with everyone else, you can only get one April Hurry-up before the first episode.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Damn. Twice today during multiball, As th Van was loading back up, I hit the right ramp and the balls got stuck in the van. After a very long ball search,the van spit out like 4 or 5 balls. I didn’t really count . Anyway. Twice today. This can be fixed with code maybe ? The game is so fast, the glider misses stopping the ball pretty often,not a big deal, the air balls tho,wow, they are getting worse and intense ! Hitting glass soooo hard . Otherwise. Great game. This is an le/premium issue only I think
Oh. I made my own episode custom lights . Cheap n easy,really easy

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

What material is this?

#2787 3 years ago

Does anyone know what jackpots are in Ninja Pizza Multiball? It seems like maybe the 2 pizza targets? If so, what lights jackpot? I know that Marshmallows give unlimited jackpots and with Ice Cream jackpot start lit but I didn't notice anything that explains it.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You can collect 2 April awards before you need to start an episode to re-enable them. Michelangelo starts with Battle Again lit so you could get 2 April hurry-ups done before playing the first episode. But with everyone else, you can only get one April Hurry-up before the first episode.

This is good to know! You really can't wait on Aprils until the 8th mode then, because you'll get into Final Battle first and never have the chance to collect them unless (I assume) you beat Final Battle.

Also...

I just learned that you can't qualify Cowabunga and not have played Final Battle on Ball 3 for the same reason. I just played a 4-player Co-op and got Aprils early. On Ball 2, I got through all members' Team Up, except I drained on P4, so it still had to be played on Ball 3. On P1-P3 Ball 3, I then collected everything else for Cowabunga. However, now all the players have to play Final Battle first... which is freggin TOUGH. So you'll most likely drain in Final Battle and not get to Cowabunga. P4 still had to go through Team Up first... and then after that I went straight into Final Battle. Of course I then lost, and though I saw the screen after a few players that said "Cowabunga is ready", unless you can beat Final Battle on Ball 3, or get to it on Ball 2, you ain't seeing Cowabunga.

#2789 3 years ago

It would be nice if after you play Team Up MB, LAIR and APRIL could keep giving awards without needing to start an episode.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I just learned that you can't qualify Cowabunga and not have played Final Battle on Ball 3 for the same reason. I just played a 4-player Co-op and got Aprils early. On Ball 2, I got through all members' Team Up, except I drained on P4, so it still had to be played on Ball 3. On P1-P3 Ball 3, I then collected everything else for Cowabunga. However, now all the players have to play Final Battle first... which is freggin TOUGH. So you'll most likely drain in Final Battle and not get to Cowabunga. P4 still had to go through Team Up first... and then after that I went straight into Final Battle. Of course I then lost, and though I saw the screen after a few players that said "Cowabunga is ready", unless you can beat Final Battle on Ball 3, or get to it on Ball 2, you ain't seeing Cowabunga.

What if you get an extra ball on ball 3?

And are we sure it's not 'Are you a Cowabunga?'

Rob

#2791 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It would be nice if after you play Team Up MB, LAIR and APRIL could keep giving awards without needing to start an episode.

April gives crazy points so it's probably good thing it's the way it is.

Rob

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

April gives crazy points so it's probably good thing it's the way it is.

The scoring could always be dialed back a bit to accommodate it. I just don't like the idea of theoretically being locked out of cowabunga. No idea if it's a realistic concern anyway.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The scoring could always be dialed back a bit to accommodate it. I just don't like the idea of theoretically being locked out of cowabunga. No idea if it's a realistic concern anyway.

Yeah, I'm just trying to beat the game, and then once I've learned how everything works, see if I can do it all with just 3 Turtles, 2 Turtles...etc. But since EACH turtle has to get through Team Up and Final Battle, and because with 8 episodes, you can really only get the EB for each turtle if each starts 2 episodes. Since you'd rather get them out of the way quick and get into Team Up ASAP, you will have some turtles that probably won't get the 2-episode EB. Therefore I think the only other EB is through lots of pizza.

But you will really have to map out a plan in order to maximize EB's, stage episodes, get enough April's, and not have Final Battle on the last ball if you ever want to sniff Cowabunga.

#2794 3 years ago

FINALLY!! My first pinball arrived today and I guess I won the lotto. So far, turtle van works great, no issues at the back of the playfield. The printing on my playfield looks amazing. Not grainy whatsoever! Game came with Code 1.11 already installed which was awesome.

The game play is soooooo fast and apparently I suck at pinball because I haven't got above 3M and I'm at around 12 games or so. Definitely going to take some getting used to. Airballs are SUPER bad. I had one that my wife thought chipped the class on the inside thankfully it did not and it was just a piece of lint or dust. I really love the premium and I'm glad I got it. The red molding looks great and the artwork package was my favorite between the pro and premium (LE artwork is the best in my opinion).

Playfield was a &#$% to get out to install the art blades, but was able to make it happen. Overall very satisfied with the game. The low scores don't bother me that much, but I will say the overall scores are a little less satisfying than other games I've played.

But again, overall, I freaking love this machine and love me some TMNT!

IMG_3877 (resized).jpgIMG_3877 (resized).jpgIMG_3885 (resized).jpgIMG_3885 (resized).jpgIMG_3880 (resized).jpgIMG_3880 (resized).jpgIMG_3881 (resized).jpgIMG_3881 (resized).jpgIMG_3883 (resized).jpgIMG_3883 (resized).jpgIMG_3884 (resized).jpgIMG_3884 (resized).jpg
#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

IMG_5773 (resized).JPGIMG_5773 (resized).JPG
#2796 3 years ago

The pro and LE/Pre are not the same. Yes, you can test the pro wheel in the coil diagnostics, but not the Premium/LE. Unless Dwight added something in the last code update - I haven't looked again.

Rob

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What if you get an extra ball on ball 3?
And are we sure it's not 'Are you a Cowabunga?'
Rob

It's going to be hard to get an extra ball on Ball 3. The EB's are going to happen way earlier than that or not happen at all. Basically since Final Battle is a MF'er (especially Bebop and Rocksteady in Stage 2 with only 1 ball and crazy lighting, still requiring a LAIR shot and eventually both orbits on timers) you can't save Final Battle til Ball 3 if you want to see Cowabunga (again, you'll probably use your EB's before this).

You realistically need to get through Final Battle on Ball 2, which means you probably need to get to Team Up on Ball 1 and collect everything else required in the first 2 balls. This is why Cowabunga is going to be super hard to reach.

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The pro and LE/Pre are not the same. Yes, you can test the pro wheel in the coil diagnostics, but not the Premium/LE. Unless Dwight added something in the last code update - I haven't looked again.
Rob

Seems strange only the pro would have it. Mine had the latest code when i got it.

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

That sounds backwards. Half pressing the left button should activate the bottom flipper. The top flipper should only activate with the left button pressed in fully.

yes exactly this function. i think i have written it wrong. I meant when the ball is cradled you have pressed the flipper buttons. You can use the upper flipper with a half release and full press again.
But to pass the ball over from left to right it makes it for me harder

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I own dp and tmnt. They are nothing alike in my opinion. Both super fun but completely different layouts and play

Yep, Thats what I was saying but nobody reads anymore. The layouts are different but call outs and animations felt too similiar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/56?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.