(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 241.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Oh yea i guess i need to update that. The 4th on the right is a virtual. Id like about 5 real pins. The one theme that i think shes let me get no matter what is harry potter. Come on JK/wb sell someone the license!

Best of luck!!

#2652 3 years ago

Guys, ready for tomorrow new TMNT code update?

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Guys, ready for tomorrow new TMNT code update?

Is there one coming?

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Is there one coming?

Yep

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Question for the pro owners. How does the turtle van multiball start? I have a friend who is considering a pro or premium and all I know is the what my LE has for features. I know my glider I can divert either way which is awesome for play to get to the proper side and crane is integrated but I thought the van was different for the pro vs prem

balls are released into the left orbit.. roll down to the flipper which is held out.. and feed to the magnet. They spin and then are released. Can get a ball fed from the plunger that comes around and you can get a shot at smacking the balls locked on the spinning magnet too

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Finally got the mechanical mounting, etc worked out for the Turtle Select frame. All the ugly Stern screws and two board spacers underneath go away. Only one tiny black screw is still visible on the face (on the raphael pane).
[quoted image]

Oh man how do I get myself one of these!?

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

We picked her premium yesterday.
Great big shout out to Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out!
[quoted image]

Congrats Jeff and Jesse! Hope all is well!

#2659 3 years ago

Anyone willing to post a link to a video of Cowabunga mode? I unfortunately was a triple mondo jackpot away from it tonight and didn’t get to see it. DeadFlip said when he made it there wasn’t much to see at that code version.

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Oh man how do I get myself one of these!?

I was just posting to show that I'm almost done with the bracket design and it's going well (finally - it was a tough start). All the hard stuff is worked out. It'll be in the pinmonk store here on pinside and at pinmonk.com when they're finished.

#2661 3 years ago

hi all,
i just played it today at the pinball hall of fame in vegas. its pretty awesome. the ramps are TOUGH, but manageable. this might be borg's best design IMO. honestly, the playfield is really well designed. it is obvious that it took some real work to get the shots all tuned in to play right. it is PACKED! stacked ramps, saucers, a spinner, three flippers, inner loop etc...

I am not in love with the theme, but i did watch the show growing up. to me, there is very little assets from the show, but the animations they created and voice overs are well done in any case. very well done. the music is awesome! the art is SPECTACULAR! i really appreciate this game, and i think it will be a hit for years. i have no idea on the rules yet, obviously, but the initial three or four games were a real rush. you have to be on your game to play this well. very fast and demanding game for a player. I love the dump ramp to the upper flipper; it is a real treat to have that. All told, this game is the complete package. the pro i played seemed very packed for a pro, especially compared with IMDN and BKSOR. I hope stern continues in this direction with including dozens of features in their games it makes a decision to buy easy. I might have one of these someday, really, especially if JJP flopps with GNR;

#2662 3 years ago

Premium showed up today! Playfield art looks good. Spinner is definitely noisy. Installed art blades and I think they look great!

This game is fast and punishes missed shots!!! Great flow and light show. Loving it so far.

Thanks to Flip N Out!

47E67EBD-BD73-4235-908E-F1F766984E01 (resized).jpeg47E67EBD-BD73-4235-908E-F1F766984E01 (resized).jpeg1D4E67AF-42C1-406B-8404-BA28AA3AE82A (resized).jpeg1D4E67AF-42C1-406B-8404-BA28AA3AE82A (resized).jpeg832793AB-8A5C-4F63-8CDB-E27D775317C5 (resized).jpeg832793AB-8A5C-4F63-8CDB-E27D775317C5 (resized).jpeg

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just posting to show that I'm almost done with the bracket design and it's going well (finally - it was a tough start). All the hard stuff is worked out. It'll be in the pinmonk store here on pinside and at pinmonk.com when they're finished.

Didn’t know you designed it. Awesome work my dude! Looking forward to purchasing one.

#2664 3 years ago

New premium unboxed today played just a few games but it is fast and fun. great addition. Thanks to Eric at Pinball Dudes

20200819_230814 (resized).jpg20200819_230814 (resized).jpg20200819_230845 (resized).jpg20200819_230845 (resized).jpg
#2665 3 years ago

Finally got my pro today. Delayed a week because the driver just plain missed picking up my game lol. I must be the last one to receive a pro. Build date is 7/30, but the playfield is from 5/18!

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Finally got my pro today. Delayed a week because the driver just plain missed picking up my game lol. I must be the last one to receive a pro. Build date is 7/30, but the playfield is from 5/18!

you must be pumped !!

super fun pinball for sure.

#2667 3 years ago

Yeah, took half day off after the pin arrived haha.

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

you must be pumped !!
super fun pinball for sure.

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I must be the last one to receive a pro.

Nope, ours wont get here until mid October!

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

balls are released into the left orbit.. roll down to the flipper which is held out.. and feed to the magnet. They spin and then are released. Can get a ball fed from the plunger that comes around and you can get a shot at smacking the balls locked on the spinning magnet too

So the van multiball is the same as the pizza multiball? They both lock in the same spot? In the le when the turtle van is multiball is ready the ball loads in the back by shooting the right ramp and then the balls drop out of the door of the van.

#2670 3 years ago

Anybody else having their speakers occasionally get all crackly, but just for the duration of a callout?

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else having their speakers occasionally get all crackly, but just for the duration of a callout?

Yes, this and the random green dots on the screen are my last two issues to nail down (other than me being pretty terrible at the game, still)

#2672 3 years ago

My banter about making NECA toys into a topper or adding toys in game (other games as well)...

#2673 3 years ago

Sounds like a lot if not most of the premiums have the good quality play fields. That is awesome to hear. Hoping to get my order in within the next month.

#2674 3 years ago

I spent my TMNT money on an Oktoberfest & unboxed it yesterday.

Now the question remains, will I spend this other TMNT/Stern money (lol, I'm a pinball addict) on the next CGC, AP, JJP (gasp) or circle back to TMNT/Stern?

I'm watching this thread to see if playfields, servos & pizzas get resolved on a manufacturing level. Also wanting to see what happens to those affected thus far.

TMNT looks "radical man". Fingers crossed everything gets worked out!

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I spent my TMNT money on an Oktoberfest & unboxed it yesterday.
Now the question remains, will I spend this other TMNT/Stern money (lol, I'm a pinball addict) on the next CGC, AP, JJP (gasp) or circle back to TMNT/Stern?
I'm watching this thread to see if playfields, servos & pizzas get resolved on a manufacturing level. Also wanting to see what happens to those affected thus far.
TMNT looks "radical man". Fingers crossed everything gets worked out!

Oktoberfest was a much better choice. I probably would hold out for something other than tmnt. There will always be a chance you’re pin won’t be perfect from stern but then again my brother and I have had issues with jjp too. It’s up to you as I’m sure there are one or two perfect stern pins out there. Maybe you’ll win the stern lottery if you do make the leap

#2676 3 years ago

Turtles Clearcoat question

How do I properly clean the field without wearing down the cc

Mill Wax / Novus ?

What’s the verdict on newer Sterns

Do I wait some time for it to cure or is it not the best cc And is weak

Thanks
James

#2677 3 years ago

So I got some pics of the art on my Aug 12 premium. Turns out the playfield was manufactured June 29 as serial 412 on PO 306063, doesn't have art under the star post, and is really quite bad. However, I would highly recommend picking up Pin Monk's two bracket sets (the turtle power and mode light kits), they really make the playfield look awesome. The mode one is a bit of a tricky install, but I think it's worth it. Keeps my eyes off the streaky art.

I did notice some other subtle changes to the Premiums: there's a protective piece on the ramp behind the van diverter, and factory applied mylar at the spot the ball comes off that ramp and onto the left orbit.

IMG_1322 (resized).jpegIMG_1322 (resized).jpegIMG_1327 (resized).jpegIMG_1327 (resized).jpegIMG_1324 (resized).jpegIMG_1324 (resized).jpegIMG_1325 (resized).jpegIMG_1325 (resized).jpegIMG_1326 (resized).jpegIMG_1326 (resized).jpeg
#2678 3 years ago

Optical illusion or are you missing a rivet?

a4361c306f81ba33e3fd3a0213bda39a55b71db8 (resized).jpega4361c306f81ba33e3fd3a0213bda39a55b71db8 (resized).jpeg
#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Optical illusion or are you missing a rivet?
[quoted image]

Well, I totally am. Just checked the LE at the local arcade, and it def has one there. I can’t imagine it fell out, I have less than 30 plays on this thing.

#2680 3 years ago

#feelsreallybadman

angry (resized).jpgangry (resized).jpg
#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

#feelsreallybadman
[quoted image]

Donnie will get to the bottom of this....Hang in there.

03F269FA-D0B2-412D-8B82-847EE1F7B96F.gif03F269FA-D0B2-412D-8B82-847EE1F7B96F.gif
#2682 3 years ago

Just got my Premium in and the artwork looks bright and crisp. No pooling that I can see and it has the artwork under the star post with a washer. After work I will finally get to flip it. COWABUNGA!!!!

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Just got my Premium in and the artwork looks bright and crisp. No pooling that I can see and it has the artwork under the star post with a washer. After work I will finally get to flip it. COWABUNGA!!!!

Go home sick and take a long weekend! It will be worth it. It’s an awesome pin. Our favorite of the lineup right now

#2684 3 years ago

Question for the owners out there...is this game fun for younger kids or is it frustratingly hard? I love everything I've seen about this game but I'm worried a lot of owners are saying it's fast and unforgiving. I love that style but want to make sure the whole family would enjoy it.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Question for the owners out there...is this game fun for younger kids or is it frustratingly hard? I love everything I've seen about this game but I'm worried a lot of owners are saying it's fast and unforgiving. I love that style but want to make sure the whole family would enjoy it.

Define "young". My son is 11 and just getting tall enough (and still on a small stool) to see and time upper flipper shots. On our ST (and when we had SM) he usually skips the upper flipper shots. Not a big deal on ST, but essential on TMNT.

Also I'd say the game is very fast but not frustrating. Ours is parked next to ACDC, and that's fast as well and my son is starting to put some real good games together. He just needs to learn TMNT more as the rules aren't as straightforward, and the shots are much tighter. Just about everything is a forehand.

If your kids are younger, the theme may be ideal, but the gameplay may be too fast and rules a bit hard to remember (but at least you can play as a team).

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

My kids are 5 and 7. Closer to 6 and 8 but they love it. I think their high scores are around 10 mil but we play a lot of coop mode and wizard mode which they enjoy. They really love being on my wife’s and my team trying to beat the bad guys. It’s not too fast for them but I have it setup pretty easy with 15 sec ball save, extra balls when you can get them, etc
43D83DCC-F143-42C4-9B5C-B686CCB7B2C2 (resized).jpeg43D83DCC-F143-42C4-9B5C-B686CCB7B2C2 (resized).jpeg

Here is a video of her playing

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QeHcVuy8TNmZNZYd6

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

My apologies for posting this club too early, shredder told me to...it's following the rules now! I am super pumped. Does anyone know what version code it is coming out with?

Just got the premium

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Define "young". My son is 11 and just getting tall enough (and still on a small stool) to see and time upper flipper shots. On our ST (and when we had SM) he usually skips the upper flipper shots. Not a big deal on ST, but essential on TMNT.
Also I'd say the game is very fast but not frustrating. Ours is parked next to ACDC, and that's fast as well and my son is starting to put some real good games together. He just needs to learn TMNT more as the rules aren't as straightforward.
If your kids are younger, the theme may be ideal, but the gameplay may be too fast and rules a bit hard to remember (but at least you can play as a team).

Thanks this info helps a lot! I've got a 10, 7, and 4 year olds. Mainly thinking about my 10 year old as the 7 year old girl only plays with her American Girl Doll pinball, and the 4 year old loves to play but obviously just constantly presses the flipper buttons (which oddly helps him get to Deadpool's multiball pretty quickly). The co-op mode really might be what sells this game for me as it can convince the kids to play more and not just be frustrated that my turn is taking too long.

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks this info helps a lot! I've got a 10, 7, and 4 year olds. Mainly thinking about my 10 year old as the 7 year old girl only plays with her American Girl Doll pinball, and the 4 year old loves to play but obviously just constantly presses the flipper buttons (which oddly helps him get to Deadpool's multiball pretty quickly). The co-op mode really might be what sells this game for me as it can convince the kids to play more and not just be frustrated that my turn is taking too long.

Co-op was the key for us. We were mainly torn between TMNT, Hot Wheels, and MBr (in that order, all NIB) with GnR worthy of consideration... if it ever had been freggin released. TMNT won because of Co-op play and price. Your 10yr old will love it, especially if he/she watched the modern series on Nickelodeon (obviously inferior to the OG version, but allows them to know all the characters). Totally harmless theme. Super fun game. Just some tight shots.

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I've owned mine for 12 days and it has over 300 plays. 75% of those are from my children and the neighborhood kids. The age range is 7 to 18. Every one of them loves the machine. I did put a larger rubber on the left out lane because it was draining very fast for all of them. I also took the pitch down slightly to slow it down. I know, I'm a terrible person. But honestly, it plays so much better for them.

I also will not let anybody that's good at pinball play Donatello. The really young kids love hitting that mult-ball right away. They also like to go after the Donatello championship. I keep that championship reserved for the little ones.

#2691 3 years ago

My premium just arrived... I'm so buried with deadlines today the best I could do was slide my phone in the box / up against the glass and take a pic. At first glance it appears I may have been one of the lucky ones with playfield print quality. It could still be a bit grainy but I don't see any streaks. I'll be able to set it up tonight and can report back with build details.

IMG_8799 (resized).jpgIMG_8799 (resized).jpg

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I also will not let anybody that's good at pinball play Donatello. The really young kids love hitting that mult-ball right away. They also like to go after the Donatello championship. I keep that championship reserved for the little ones.

You know, my son loved playing Donatello for that very reason. But you can also get into Ninja Pizza MB very easy with the only shot "up the middle" in the game. Once he learned that, Raph became the TMNT of choice because now he can get into a mode much easier and then with 1 ball locked. With Don you got to get into Foot 1-2-3 (no shot feeds it, so you just have to sort of flail and nudge) and then hit the right ramp if you don't want to start TP MB right away, so because that's a must in our strategy, Don's now the hardest TMNT for us to start with. I can totally see why kiddos like the TP MB off the bat though.

#2693 3 years ago

Found out they would let me pick the game up from the freight company personally, so ffffffff waiting!

C460BA8B-0BFA-4D60-8DED-0C3D6600177F (resized).jpegC460BA8B-0BFA-4D60-8DED-0C3D6600177F (resized).jpeg
#2694 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Found out they would let me pick the game up from the freight company personally, so ffffffff waiting!
[quoted image]

Should have it in upright position not lying down.

FDA2BACC-EAA9-49BD-AE92-C08AE08F1106 (resized).jpegFDA2BACC-EAA9-49BD-AE92-C08AE08F1106 (resized).jpeg
#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Should have it in upright position not lying down.[quoted image]

You can't be serious.....

#2696 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Should have it in upright position not lying down.[quoted image]

I’ve set them down numerous times you just have to make sure it’s the belly side that says forklift to pick up that side

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Hopefully not. As long as the machine isn't upside down. More than fine. They have that game so padded for vibration and bumps.

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

100%

#2699 3 years ago

You do realize the game will spend most of its life in that exact position? Right? As long as it's the "truck this side" on the bed of the truck. Like he has... Anyway...Sorry for the detour...

Congrats on your game, man. Enjoy!!

#2700 3 years ago

I haul all mine laying on truck from this side, side. Zero issues.

20200807_105910 (resized).jpg20200807_105910 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/54?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.