(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 242.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Can you post more closeup pictures of the premium playfield?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image]

And how about that star post on the left? Is there artwork under it?

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I dont have my TMNT yet but it seems like the left outline might be a candidate for a Siamese post... I know a lot of folks use the same on Star Wars left outlane: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

I thought about doing that on MY Star Wars as well but ended up not doing it. I even bought the post but never installed.

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I thought about doing that on MY Star Wars as well but ended up not doing it. I even bought the post but never installed.

I wouldn't use that but I'm curious. Are you thinking about replacing the thin post and covering the art? It would look strange but I guess it would do the trick.

Annotation 2020-08-18 165432 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-08-18 165432 (resized).png
#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I wouldn't use that but I'm curious. Are you thinking about replacing the thin post and covering the art? It would look strange but I guess it would do the trick.
[quoted image]

wow, you have a small post there not like me, i bet you get A LOT of outlane drains.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image]

What’s your drain numbers looking like?

#2557 3 years ago

here's my drain #s:
LEFT DRAINS 426
CENTER DRAINS 779
RIGHT DRAINS 178

#2558 3 years ago

Operation "shove as much of my childhood under the glass as I can" is going well. Had some Comet Matrix items kicking around so I replaced the top left backboard LED with a Martix one w/ connector, and then used one of their sticky red LED strips to light up the ramp behind the Technodrome. Came out great for spare parts I had lying around. Tried green too, but red looks much better with the red flasher in front.

Torn on what to do with Krang. I saw one of the modders who used zip ties to the post that goes up to the center ramp opto. I think it tucks my Krang too far back and I think his current placement is better. But if I want him to jiggle, I either need to use a very large and ugly spring, or go back to the post w/ zip ties, and have a small hanging post behind him in the orbit. Still don't know if I want him to light up or not. I was hoping the pop under him had a traditional LED, but it's one of those tiny LED boards so I can't use Matrix, so I probably have to solder to the Krang loop insert and I really didn't want to solder on this.

TMNT PF 4 (resized).jpgTMNT PF 4 (resized).jpg

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I'd love to see the art! My Premium should be arriving tomorrow!

Pics of my premium art:

9ABFF356-8C80-48B6-8B3D-058F381FEAF7 (resized).jpeg9ABFF356-8C80-48B6-8B3D-058F381FEAF7 (resized).jpegA0F4C471-A989-4335-867E-43D7DD28B6DF (resized).jpegA0F4C471-A989-4335-867E-43D7DD28B6DF (resized).jpegD59EB518-F63E-480A-AC1F-83342EFB3063 (resized).jpegD59EB518-F63E-480A-AC1F-83342EFB3063 (resized).jpegF7FFDBBE-6DDC-4AED-92B2-FE37BB70328F (resized).jpegF7FFDBBE-6DDC-4AED-92B2-FE37BB70328F (resized).jpeg

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

Wierd, mine is a large thick post that covers the entire non art area. I think you have the wrong post? That outlane is massive!

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Pics of my premium art:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, just like my LE. His art is so great with the colors and looks even better with stern HD glass. Loved it so much on my LE i just bought 2 more sheets for my premiums.

#2562 3 years ago

Premiums look great, are all the pro grainy or just some? Just curious if they gave a cheaper playfield on pros and the better ones for le/prem

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wierd, mine is a large thick post that covers the entire non art area. I think you have the wrong post? That outlane is massive!

Hahaha, I was wrong. I used the stock photo off Sterns site. Mine is a star post with art and a washer.

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Not only it is grainy, but Slash's face has lines going down the left eye and left side of his nose as well as the corner of his left chest plate. Unacceptable. I was drawn into TMNT pin because of the art and the theme. I'm not a big fan of the pin itself, but would buy one because of the amazing art and I don't have a three flipper machine. But because of these quality issues, I'm staying away from this machine as far as possible. There really isn't anything special about this machine. No interactive toys on the Pro, no mechs, just ramps and orbits. Pretty simple and plain. It's the art that makes this machine attractive and they can't even nail it.

It sucks to see some people getting games where the playfield art is not printed as well as it could be. The real question is whether Stern will replace the playfields or not. I suppose very soon we will hear how that goes.

As for saying TMNT has no interactive toys, did you forget about the pizza spinner WITH magnet? Or the pizza parlor physical ball lock? Lair shot? Ball stoppers on ramps and orbit?

Rob

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Premiums look great, are all the pro grainy or just some? Just curious if they gave a cheaper playfield on pros and the better ones for le/prem

Sounds like a few so far, my pro doesn't have the grain or pooling with an August 6th build date.

#2566 3 years ago

Yeah dude that left outlane should have a star post.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah dude that left outlane should have a star post.

It’s literally from Sterns website. I just took the image from there not thinking about it. It’s funny to think the original prototypes were harder.

#2568 3 years ago

What's the likelihood that the pooling chips and what causes it to chip? I'd rather not try my luck fixing it if it can be avoided.

#2569 3 years ago

So I guess going forward with new pins art is an upgrade now. Pro you get what you get, Premium, LE good artwork.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That would be a valid question if both model playfields were routed the same, but the LAIR shot on the Pro is different from the Prem/LE due to number of switches (maybe other differences as well due to shooter lane ramp, but I haven't looked). Therefore all Pro's are routed one way and the difference in quality between Pro's is exclusive to the Pro. Prem/LE quality is its' own separate playfield lottery. Vendors who do the art and clear is the main variable at this point.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Do you have to remove the pizza spinner mech
From the playfield to oil it? Can it be done by just lifting the playfield and oiling it while still attached?

#2572 3 years ago

Just got my premium set up and the play field looks great. No pooling, no grain, washer under the star posts, diverter has what looks like a black piece of something stuck against the wall to protect it (but that does have lines in it from Stern testing. Let me know if there is anything else you all want to see our know. This is my first pin so I'm so excited. Just waxed the play field and hoping to get a few rounds in before bed.

IMG_20200818_204228 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_204228 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213928 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213928 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213932 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213932 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_213936 (resized).jpgreceived_583816978977937 (resized).jpegreceived_583816978977937 (resized).jpeg
#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Just got my premium set up and the play field looks great. No pooling, no grain, washer under the star posts, diverter has what looks like a black piece of something stuck against the wall to protect it (but that does have lines in it from Stern testing. Let me know if there is anything else you all want to see our know. This is my first pin so I'm so excited. Just waxed the play field and hoping to get a few rounds in before bed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Better make room for more. They multiply like rabbits! It only takes one to get it all started.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

What's the likelihood that the pooling chips and what causes it to chip? I'd rather not try my luck fixing it if it can be avoided.

It will chip eventually. jjPotC proved that. The vinyl repair iron works and is cheap. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! I’m expecting my premium Thursday. It’s also my first pin.

Sorry for the silly question, but is common practice to wax a new pin before using it? I thought they were good to go out of the box. If so I better get my hands on some wax. Any suggestions?

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Sorry for the silly question, but is common practice to wax a new pin before using it? I thought they were good to go out of the box. If so I better get my hands on some wax. Any suggestions?

Good out of the box. Enjoy it immediately.

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Very nice! Better make room for more. They multiply like rabbits! It only takes one to get it all started.

Can confirm; we bought our first in May, and we have 3 now (once our TMNT Premium arrives!) with a deposit down on a 4th, and plans for more

It is the best sickness I’ve ever had!

#2578 3 years ago

Joined the club today.... picked up a pro with 20 plays lol... built July 30 has art under lair star post but no pooling and art colors are good with no grain or lines. Game looks really good overall. I still need to dial in my set up angle and side to side, but man the game is so so fast and difficult. If you miss a shot its game over and the flow is great. Probably the fastest pin ive ever played and will definitely make us better players. Looking fwd to learning the rules and the game slowing down some lol. What are the typical fixes to really dial this pin in and any software changes recommended?

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

From the playfield to oil it? Can it be done by just lifting the playfield and oiling it while still attached?

You have to remove the entire mech from the game and disassemble all the way to the gearbox innards to lubricate in order to get rid of the pizza grinding. Pain in the ass but worth it. No way to do it without full removal and disassembly.

#2580 3 years ago

Interesting note on My premium playfield. It is labeled LE and dated 6/16/20 although it was built in August?

IMG_20200818_235641 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_235641 (resized).jpg
#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

imo do not wax it, the ball will be so fast you have no chance. Novus 1 from time to time is enough to clean the PF of new pins, even this has a strong ball effect for some games after cleaning. you can swap out black rubbers with trasparent silicone rubbers to reduce rubber residue on the PF.
Personal hint, do not swap the black post rubbers with silicone rubbers, thos are way bouncier leading to instant drains.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

You have to remove the entire mech from the game and disassemble all the way to the gearbox innards to lubricate in order to get rid of the pizza grinding. Pain in the ass but worth it. No way to do it without full removal and disassembly.

Are you sure about this, i have had extrem grinding noise and i got rid of it by using silicon grease on the 2 white washers.
Is your spinner totally quiet right now? if so i will open the gearbox too and grease it. I saw there are really tiny parts in there, and would not recommend to open it.

#2582 3 years ago

Installed my Java green coated armor
IMG_20200819_081257 (resized).jpgIMG_20200819_081257 (resized).jpg

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Interesting note on My premium playfield. It is labeled LE and dated 6/16/20 although it was built in August?
[quoted image]

Premiums are just LEs without the extra stuff. The only playfield difference is Pros and LE. Premiums draw from the LE playfield pool, usually. The date is your playfield birthday, not your assembly date for the machine.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Are you sure about this, i have had extrem grinding noise and i got rid of it by using silicon grease on the 2 white washers.
Is your spinner totally quiet right now? if so i will open the gearbox too and grease it. I saw there are really tiny parts in there, and would not recommend to open it.

White washers did nothing for me. Grinding noise was terrible. Had to get inside the gearbox. Same thing I had to do on an old WCS.

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I found it easier to remove the 4 1/4” wood screws holding the complete mechanism and oiled as directed by stern. Then reinstall leaves zero adjustments . Just replace unit in its original position.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not true follow stern engineer directions .i did not have to take apart pretty quite now!

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I found it easier to remove the 4 1/4” wood screws holding the complete mechanism and oiled as directed by stern. Then reinstall leaves zero adjustments . Just replace unit in its original position.

I did the same thing (removing from playfield), and just applied lithium grease to the 2 white washers, leaving the entire assembly intact. It made the difference, and my pizza wheel no longer makes loud grinding sounds.

#2588 3 years ago
4670AE06-ADC1-4C1F-9119-EDB414E2F055 (resized).png4670AE06-ADC1-4C1F-9119-EDB414E2F055 (resized).pngA38CF945-7972-4420-9061-99CD5CA4E19F (resized).pngA38CF945-7972-4420-9061-99CD5CA4E19F (resized).png
#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I did the same thing (removing from playfield), and just applied lithium grease to the 2 white washers, leaving the entire assembly intact. It made the difference, and my pizza wheel no longer makes loud grinding sounds.

I did exactly this but it did nothing. My pizza was LOUD and sounded like there was sand inside. Should everyone be disassembling the entire mech and getting in the gears? Probably not. But if you have basic mechanical aptitude and the washer greasing method does nothing, you got to take the next step.

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Installed my Java green coated armor
[quoted image]

Is that a custom paint job? Or did you order that armor kit separately? Looks great!

#2591 3 years ago

Started working on my topper. Happy with the initial results, but need bigger figures or ?? (If you have other suggestions please share). If I stick with 4 figures I will likely add 4 individual leds that tap into there corresponding flasher on the PF.

Logo protrudes about 2" and is back-lit in green. The lower section has an RGB so it can be any colour and pulses.

20200818_194300 (resized).jpg20200818_194300 (resized).jpg
#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Premiums are just LEs without the extra stuff. The only playfield difference is Pros and LE. Premiums draw from the LE playfield pool, usually. The date is your playfield birthday, not your assembly date for the machine.

That makes sense. Then the question is for the good PF art I ended up with is that because it was actually printed in June but assembled in August? I know there were a lot of discussions around PF print timing and the quality of the print.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Started working on my topper. Happy with the initial results, but need bigger figures or ?? (If you have other suggestions please share). If I stick with 4 figures I will likely add 4 individual leds that tap into there corresponding flasher on the PF.
Logo protrudes about 2" and is back-lit in green. The lower section has an RGB so it can be any colour and pulses.
[quoted image]

Larger figures for sure. Even if they block a little of the logo i don’t see that as an issue.

#2594 3 years ago

FYI, I played a pro last night in league. Artwork was fine with no grainy look or streaks. It did not have artwork under the left star post.

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It will chip eventually. jjPotC proved that. The vinyl repair iron works and is cheap. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

Thanks vireland. The pooling would be a non-issue for me if it didn't chip or get worse over time. Sent info to my disti to document and see if Stern will do anything.

Getting a bit frustrated as my last NIB, GB LE, had the ghosted inserts (Stern did replace the pf).

#2596 3 years ago

Well, I got my Premium yesterday, build date of 8/12/20 on the back of the cab. I'll check the playfield date later today now that I know where to find it.

Sad to say my art is probably as bad or worse than most of the pics here. The communicator is especially terrible around the Team Up lights. Looks like I lost the lottery unfortunately.

#2597 3 years ago

Anyone know where this topper comes from? The picture is from a user on reddit.

efw1siwj6vh51.jpgefw1siwj6vh51.jpg
#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

[quoted image]

Where did you find that sewer with logo at?

#2599 3 years ago

I wonder why noone complained about the Pro translite in the backbox. Of course the art and everthing is top notch but the bandana of raph and donny look nearly the same when the translite is lit. The same goes for the flashers domes in the game, both are more like a red color.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

Where did you find that sewer with logo at?

The Sewer is from Amazon. Plan was to keep "City Sewer", but it made the topper too tall:
https://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume-Teenage-Mutant-Accessory/dp/B01CYN0VD6/ref=pd_cart_vw_crc_1_3/137-4155042-1435814

The Logo is from Ebay. Currently out of stock, but I am sure you can locate similar without much effort:
ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/52?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.