(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 241.
#2501 3 years ago

I think this is a "good" one. It's an LE with the art still under the post. Still grainy due to inkjet, but seems to have higher resolution and none of the banding that some do.

Quoted from jfrazie:

Anyone have closeups of the same areas they can post from a “good playfield”?

tmnt_raph (resized).jpgtmnt_raph (resized).jpgtmnt_baxt (resized).jpgtmnt_baxt (resized).jpg

tmnt_slash (resized).jpgtmnt_slash (resized).jpg
#2502 3 years ago

There is a ball save timer for the lair,highly recommend setting that to ON!! Like it’s kinda essential! This game is very difficult, I’m not a great player,but I’m pretty decent,and man,without multiballs, good luck getting over like 5 million,with modes and hurry ups etc. hopefully some code adjustments come and ya don’t get locked out of everything (even training) when hurry up starts. Fun fun game.but very difficult. GC is 33m after 500 plus games,and lots of very experienced players giving it a go! I guess that’s the learning curve.
Left drains 529
Right drain 209
Center 797
Also a bug discovered,see video

4044C965-52D4-4F6D-B53E-1C84F37C01CE (resized).jpeg4044C965-52D4-4F6D-B53E-1C84F37C01CE (resized).jpeg
#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My LE gilder motor quit working, every time I hit the center button it would do a mode board test and the lights would flicker. If you have this move the glider to the middle and unhook it from the playfield. My motor ended up shorting out and was dragging my node boards down. Just a heads up if you see it. Contacting stern to see what the replacement options are

This is an issue we had as well (along with at least 2 other LE owners that I know of)
Thankfully our board did not go out. I e-mailed Stern pictures and videos of the issue and they asked me to have my distro file a warranty claim for a glider assembly; part # 500-2502-00. It was a very easy install, 3 screws on top, 3 connectors under the playfield. Hardest part it getting the wires through the opening by the pop bumper, but very doable, even with 1 person.

Looks like you may need your board replaced as well. I would e-mail Stern technical support. They responded very quickly (thanks Pablo!).

After this my glider was working...but not properly. I contacted Stern again and found out I needed to calibrate the glider. They should be sending calibration instructions with all future glider replacements. I am happy to post the steps with pictures if needed though.

#2504 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I just received my pro as well. Printing looks terrible. Had my distro fill a complaint with Stern. I’m sure nothing will happen. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is crap. Stern needs to use genuine Canon inks.

B7BA7097-478D-4ED6-88BC-C4E3A1B2A669 (resized).jpegB7BA7097-478D-4ED6-88BC-C4E3A1B2A669 (resized).jpeg
#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Surprise waiting for me when I got home today...no call, text, email or any communication since I ordered it. Thankfully the babysitter hadn’t taken my kids anywhere and was home to open the garage!!!
No issues with the printing on this premium btw, it’s absolutely beautiful
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#2506 3 years ago

Surprise waiting for me when I got home today...no call, text, email or any communication since I ordered it. Thankfully the babysitter hadn’t taken my kids anywhere and was home to open the garage!!!

Lets see that printing

#2507 3 years ago

Congrats man! I think you’re the first person to post that they received a Premium. Looks great!

Have fun!

#2508 3 years ago

Prodishi inspired me to light up my Krang!
I had it’s sitting in a box before my game arrived Always planed on lighting it up after seeing his Inspiring post ,when I got home I Got busy with it! And I oiled my pizza wheel as per stern engineers Instruction! Pretty quite now!

C6E20894-209F-4BDC-B8FA-B26FB1B0F35A (resized).jpegC6E20894-209F-4BDC-B8FA-B26FB1B0F35A (resized).jpegF905662C-C423-41A4-8486-20C855693D10 (resized).jpegF905662C-C423-41A4-8486-20C855693D10 (resized).jpeg
#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I had it’s sitting in a box before my game arrived Always planed on lighting it up after seeing his Inspiring post ,when I got home I Got busy with it! And I oiled my pizza wheel as per stern engineers Instruction! Pretty quite now!

9E5659A5-9AD6-4C3D-B387-604036DC9519 (resized).png9E5659A5-9AD6-4C3D-B387-604036DC9519 (resized).png
#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Did you add the ball shield on the middle ramp? Or did it come with it?

#2511 3 years ago

I'd love to see the art! My Premium should be arriving tomorrow!

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I'd love to see the art! My Premium should be arriving tomorrow!

Where did you get yours from? Waiting on mine from Flip N Out pinball

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Did you add the ball shield on the middle ramp? Or did it come with it?

Did not add shield.

#2514 3 years ago

added a slightly bigger rubber to the post on left outlane. Hoping that evens out the drains a bit. Even before that my GC is 45m with Raph but those types of games are very few are far between!

Played a couple games with that added rubber and seems to be a bit better.

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

added a slightly bigger rubber to the post on left outlane. Hoping that evens out the drains a bit. Even before that my GC is 45m with Raph but those types of games are very few are far between!
Played a couple games with that added rubber and seems to be a bit better.

I dont have my TMNT yet but it seems like the left outline might be a candidate for a Siamese post... I know a lot of folks use the same on Star Wars left outlane: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

#2516 3 years ago

Really disappointed to see how far Turtles fell in the rankings.

I expected a fall from #1 given history of new machines on pinside, but I think it is still a few spots higher than where it fell.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

I expected a fall from #1 given history of new machines on pinside, but I think it is still a few spots higher than where it fell.

I never look at the rankings. I only care about what I like...

Rob

#2518 3 years ago

Here are some closeups of my Pro playfield and it seems good? I compared it to my Ghostbusters and the print quality is indistinguishable.

258F6DB6-2F28-4030-AB4C-9C28298593F5 (resized).jpeg258F6DB6-2F28-4030-AB4C-9C28298593F5 (resized).jpeg48AAA60E-042A-4B69-BED7-C9C3C0E1AEC8 (resized).jpeg48AAA60E-042A-4B69-BED7-C9C3C0E1AEC8 (resized).jpeg
#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

I was bummed it did not drop outside of the top 20 yet. Next week the first premium ratings hit and that should keep turtles higher on the list than it should be. Probably will take a month or so before it drops, so I’ll return the end of September to see how the dust settled.

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I was bummed it did not drop outside of the top 20 yet. Maybe next week.

That would be a bummer for those in this thread. Have you played it? I haven’t yet

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

That would be a bummer for those in this thread. Have you played it? I haven’t yet

Yes but early code. I thought it was pretty fun and would put it closer to #30, which is a phenomenal ranking by the way. Would love to play a premium.

#2522 3 years ago

The game is so hard, its just frustrating every time. I made i to the wizard mode two times.
Brick shots everywhere, just tell me one save shot... not even talking about the left outlane.

The code makes it not rewarding and with all those hurry ups interupting episodes (sound) i do not feel connected to story.
What i also really miss is the kinetic satisfaction, not even close to JP2 or DP. I want do FEEL the game.

I am sure the game will drop down the top 100... I really wanted to love this game. I will wait for the next code update but you cant fix physics, just code.

just some info how you get the Extraball (super boring)...
Take Michelangelo plunge around the orbit hold up the upper flipper and the ball will hit the pizza target, let it drain.
Ballsave, repeat. On the 3rd ball shoot the ball lock, plunge around the orbit again and get your pizza slice, repeat until multiball.
Everytime you lose a ball make the orbit plunge and collect a pizza slice. you can only collect in between modes.
with 14 slices you light your EB... boring but the extra ball will help you for mode progression.

#2523 3 years ago

a question to ball saves on pro

is there a ball save after you locked a ball? you get a 2 ball saves for normal shooting but when the ball gets locked you do the same gamble but with no ball save? or am i missing something?
a lot of times i lock a ball then it just drains, with nothing i could do to prevent this.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The game is so hard, its just frustrating every time. I made i to the wizard mode two times.
Brick shots everywhere, just tell me one save shot... not even talking about the left outlane.
The code makes it not rewarding and with all those hurry ups interupting episodes (sound) i do not feel connected to story.
What i also really miss is the kinetic satisfaction, not even close to JP2 or DP. I want do FEEL the game.
I am sure the game will drop down the top 100... I really wanted to love this game. I will wait for the next code update but you cant fix physics, just code.
Take Michelangelo plunge around the orbit hold up the upper flipper and the ball will hit the pizza target, let it drain.
Ballsave, repeat. On the 3rd ball shoot the ball lock, plunge around the orbit again and get your pizza slice, repeat until multiball.
Everytime you lose a ball make the orbit plunge and collect a pizza slice. you can only collect in between modes.
with 14 slices you light your EB... boring but the extra ball will help you for mode progression.

Wow, you were doing so much for this game. I thought you really liked it. Do you think maybe you overplayed it?

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I don't think TMNT shoots that hard. Shots are not as easy as EHOH, but not as hard as JP. A friend and I played on the weekend and the game crushed us both. But, I know I can and will do better.

You're not supposed to reach wizard modes every other game. If you did, then you might be unhappy about it being too easy?

Rob

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Dude if it was the game physics we’d be hearing how crap they are from mor than just a couple of owners. The physics and shots are fine. Overplaying a game can be just as bad as underplaying it... maybe give the game a rest and come back to it.

#2527 3 years ago

You are probably right about me overplaying it, thanks for the input! I will give it more time, thats also why i did not rated the game until now, I need more time with it and I'm in hope for a essential code update- also with the sound issue I'm having. About the difficulty, it took me longer on JP and DP to reach the wizard modes thats right, but it also was satisfying and rewarding to get there. What i am talking about is the punishment and little to no influence you have on it at TMNT. This also makes most side modes not worth it. Watch deadflip streams, thats exactly how i get beaten up too.

So you are saying the shots feel satisfying and rewarding to you?

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You're not supposed to reach wizard modes every other game. If you did, then you might be unhappy about it being too easy?

Maybe he’s cheeting!

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Absolutely. One of the best shooting games I’ve ever played. Right up there with JP.

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Absolutely. One of the best shooting games I’ve ever played. Right up there with JP.

Totally agree! I’m loving the physics of the shots and the code right now! Love that no matter what you are doing you can work towards Cowabunga in one way or another

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

You are probably right about me overplaying it, thanks for the input! I will give it more time, thats also why i did not rated the game until now, I need more time with it and I'm in hope for a essential code update- also with the sound issue I'm having. About the difficulty, it took me longer on JP and DP to reach the wizard modes thats right, but it also was satisfying and rewarding to get there. What i am talking about is the punishment and little to no influence you have on it at TMNT. This also makes most side modes not worth it. Watch deadflip streams, thats exactly how i get beaten up too.

Shots feel amazing. As for the rules and Wizard mode I would say it’s similar to something more like TNG. You can get there “easier” if you just time out modes and only work on progression. That’s not going to work to get Cowabunga though and I would say that’s the real Wizard mode.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes but early code. I thought it was pretty fun and would put it closer to #30, which is a phenomenal ranking by the way. Would love to play a premium.

The top 100 is an interesting failed experiment and trying to put things in at a specific number are impossible. Elvira HOH is currently #6, Wonka #14, Rick and Morty #18, and Ghostbusters is still #35. I only like seeing TMNT at #1 so everyone can lose their minds.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree with this and it’s the reason I sold Munsters and honestly monster bash recently. Too easy to get to the wizard modes. Most pins I will sell if I can beat them pretty easy but if they are way too hard the family won’t play them. Tmnt is a really good mix for us so it’s a long term pin or even a keeper. Only a few in my lineup I have beat regularly and kept because I love something else about it like the art on sorcerer and mix it creates compared to my modern pins.

#2534 3 years ago

All the talk of the 123 foot and other stuff drowning out the episodes reminds me a bit off the comic book guy hurry ups in TSPP. It can get a bit annoying sometimes when these take precedence over the mode call outs. I guess it’s the downside of a game offering breadth of options over Just linear gameplay.

#2535 3 years ago

thanks for all your feedback, maybe this title is just not for me, but as I said i will keep it for now and give myself a little bit more time.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you are saying you made it to Cowabunga 2 times already?

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks for all your feedback, maybe this title is just not for me, but as I said i will keep it for now and give myself a little bit more time.

If you are already feeling this way, its probably not going to change. Nothing wrong with that. Its okay to sell and move on to a title you enjoy more. Great thing about the hobby is that its easy to do that.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Where did you get yours from? Waiting on mine from Flip N Out pinball

Gulf Coast Pinball in Southern Alabama. This is my first pinball so its my first time working with a distributor. The owner has been keeping me in the loop constantly since I ordered on day 1 and answered a billion questions I had for him along the way. Highly recommended.

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

So you are saying you made it to Cowabunga 2 times already?

no of course not, sorry for being not clear. just the first one after completing all episodes.

#2540 3 years ago

I had this Premium delivered on Saturday, and it looks and plays great!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2541 3 years ago

Posted this in the Turtles PF topic, but thought I would share it here too:
Here are 2 machines, within 2 digits of serial number, built on the same day. These images were taken yesterday with the same phone in the same spot with the same lighting. Clearly there is different qualities of print out there...hope you guys have a good distributor if you get the grainy one with vertical striations.

Side-by-Side (resized).jpgSide-by-Side (resized).jpg
#2542 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Posted this in the Turtles PF topic, but thought I would share it here too:
Here are 2 machines, within 2 digits of serial number, built on the same day. These images were taken yesterday with the same phone in the same spot with the same lighting. Clearly there is different qualities of print out there...hope you guys have a good distributor if you get the grainy one with vertical striations.
[quoted image]

Not only it is grainy, but Slash's face has lines going down the left eye and left side of his nose as well as the corner of his left chest plate. Unacceptable. I was drawn into TMNT pin because of the art and the theme. I'm not a big fan of the pin itself, but would buy one because of the amazing art and I don't have a three flipper machine. But because of these quality issues, I'm staying away from this machine as far as possible. There really isn't anything special about this machine. No interactive toys on the Pro, no mechs, just ramps and orbits. Pretty simple and plain. It's the art that makes this machine attractive and they can't even nail it.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I had this Premium delivered on Saturday, and it looks and plays great!![quoted image]

gorgeous! I assume no issues with the printing on the playfield on your premium?

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I assume no issues with the printing on the playfield on your premium?

I had no idea that this had been an issue, but it looks like they got it figured out!

#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I had no idea that this had been an issue, but it looks like they got it figured out!

Not sure where you're getting that conclusion from.. If anything, it seems like they allocated the good printing process for the premiums, but the pros are now 100% messes since a week ago.

#2546 3 years ago

Can you post more closeup pictures of the premium playfield? It would be great to see how they've fixed it.

Quoted from Mtg381:I had no idea that this had been an issue, but it looks like they got it figured out!

#2547 3 years ago

All this complaining about how April looks, it could have been worse lol. Here is a sketch you can find buried in the software.

april_concept (resized).pngapril_concept (resized).png
#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

All this complaining about how April looks, it could have been worse lol. Here is a sketch you can find buried in the software.
[quoted image]

I actually dig that a lot.

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

[quoted image]

I noticed the same along with some other sketches buried in the software. I was thinking if using that to replace the horrific April they included in the final code but ended up just pasting in the one from the cartoon!

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I noticed the same along with some other sketches buried in the software. I was thinking if using that to replace the horrific April they included in the final code but ended up just pasting in the one from the cartoon!

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the pasted April. It is great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/51?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.