(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 242.
#151 3 years ago

First pinball machine for me too... and I also got my LE coming. Can't wait.

Someone else asked about the must haves, what do I need to protect it? The LE has the non reflective glass but what about protecting the playfield?

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't know about yall but mine is playing brutal AF.

You are the first person I've heard mentioning that it plays brutal. Can you elaborate? I've heard it plays very fast.

#153 3 years ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Unboxing Challenge & First Look!

AND WIN A TMNT BANNER

...poor Greg in this one...

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Yours? You got one for Ur home or do you have a location?

Location, but it is being set up and tested at home until restrictions are lifted hopefully Wednesday.

It plays extremely fast both in ball travel and ball times, at least in my first ten games and with my skill set. The ramp shots are the tightest of any recent title. The lock shot has a wide entrance but is very narrow at the top. If you don't nail it the ball will rattle out. Hurry ups, etc seem to override the ability to lock but I'm still trying to sort out the rules. It doesn't seem the most intuitive game to me right now but is still fun as hell. I like brutal games like TWD, BSD and BKSoR. I'm not a top 1K player and probably just need some more time to find the shots and learn the rules and what order to try to accomplish modes / multiball / hurryups and stuff.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

You are the first person I've heard mentioning that it plays brutal. Can you elaborate? I've heard it plays very fast.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. I think he meant playing fast and maybe tough outlanes? Too many foot soldiers?

#156 3 years ago

DOES THE SHAKER DO ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT??

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

DOES THE SHAKER DO ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT??

Good question !

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

First pinball machine for me too... and I also got my LE coming. Can't wait.
Someone else asked about the must haves, what do I need to protect it? The LE has the non reflective glass but what about protecting the playfield?

I just wax my pins well. I would wax and clean a few times a year.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Made space and the wife is finally agreed to a 4th pin!! LE is on order ! Can barely wait. Hoping for first week of July ! Hope it fits
[quoted image]

Stupid question, but bally Williams games would sun fade. Are you not afraid of those beautiful machines getting faded in that strong sunlight?

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Good question !

Indeed, definitely warranting all caps

#161 3 years ago

We were planning a TMNT pin/1989 arcade party but all bars in Florida got shut down again shorty before we left to get the pin

First impression of the game is VERY positive, I didn’t play enough to get into the rules, but the basics - shot layout, geometry, art, light show etc are superb.

Best light show on any Stern pro and the most loaded/not feeling like its missing anything layout pro since Metallica.

I have some nostalgia for the franchise when I was a kid, but I’m far from a super fan and haven’t seen anything turtles related in probably 15-20 years. I’m glad I took a gamble on this game. Stern absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one.

0F53587A-69AE-4AE4-AD08-F5BD3FEF73E8 (resized).jpeg0F53587A-69AE-4AE4-AD08-F5BD3FEF73E8 (resized).jpeg
#162 3 years ago

This is false:

Quoted from Waxx:

... it has the same exact spinning disc mech but they removed the software to spin both directions because they want the Prem/Le to have more. ...

The PRO has a different driver board.

The PRO can not ever spin in two directions. If it could it would have.

EDIT - Chuck beat me to it. Thanks Chuck

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thanks for the clarification Dwight (and Chuck). Ive gotta say, that dual spinning disc has grown on me a lot since the initial reveal. It might be my favourite feature addition on the premium, even more than the diverter.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This is false:

EDIT - Chuck beat me to it. Thanks Chuck

I mean, it COULD if you kept the same driver board. Is that driver board actually any more money than the other one?

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, it COULD if you kept the same driver board. Is that driver board actually any more money than the other one?

Yes.

#166 3 years ago

Driver Board and list of other titles using this board.
6EE6E0C9-9F4B-4BE8-ABD7-78B502C92281 (resized).jpeg6EE6E0C9-9F4B-4BE8-ABD7-78B502C92281 (resized).jpeg762C86AC-749F-4378-A798-A4B7A81A1362 (resized).jpeg762C86AC-749F-4378-A798-A4B7A81A1362 (resized).jpegF12C15CA-A4E5-495F-808B-A7F4B3B2327F (resized).jpegF12C15CA-A4E5-495F-808B-A7F4B3B2327F (resized).jpeg

3DC8E3B3-BD91-4961-83B8-4AABD9D84D9E (resized).jpeg3DC8E3B3-BD91-4961-83B8-4AABD9D84D9E (resized).jpeg
#167 3 years ago

Soooo when are home use pros shipping?? I keep hearing different things.

#168 3 years ago

Had another game session with a little less tequila on board. I found the shots a little bit easier and started having some more success. Game still plays fast as hell, like sometimes it's counting my bonus and I'm still trying to find out where the hell my ball went. Rocket drains off of posts and the 2x target mostly. I've been very pleased that the spinner doesn't seem to have the habit of causing shitty drains which is what is usually experiences with spinners or magnets. The ramp shots are tight and steep, but backhand-able on each side. The lock shot cannot be back handed as far as I can tell. The under-flipper shot is deceivingly tricky and ends up bouncing out a lot.

#169 3 years ago

Anyone can explain to me how the naming of code progression works? Like 1.01... I never understood this since it seems those are just numbers- including marketing strategies. From what I understood 1.0 means the code is somewhat "finished".

I was looking at the new DF stream and saw all those dispaly errors, always when there are multiple awards like add-a-ball or bonus held...
how can this be 1.0 code? This was the case also on the reveal stream, its such an obvious bug.
just compare this to the JP 0.9 code, seemed to be much more polished.

and another thing, why is the theme song so redundant... repeating it self over and over again in so many ways aaaarrgh
it weakens the impact of the themesong in the important parts like MB... that could have been such a magical moment.

beside that, the game looks very nice, the flow looks so goooooood

EDIT, MY FAULT, THOSE ARE THE POP PUMPERS REWARDS, LIKE ON A SLOT MACHINE

sadffafdafdsaf (resized).pngsadffafdafdsaf (resized).png

#170 3 years ago

1.0 means feature complete to me. Bug fixes and polish should continue for months as more people play and find said bugs and scoring imbalances.

#171 3 years ago

It is a meaningless human construct. You could shit on a thumb drive and call it version 9 billion.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It is a meaningless human construct. You could shit on a thumb drive and call it version 9 billion.

Software engineer here! Can confirm this statement is true.

They added a ton of shit in 1.01. Personally I would have done a 2.0 based on that change log but Dwight is obviously way more modest than I am

Do we have any insight as to when the LEs and home pros are shipping? I want to play!

#173 3 years ago

Isnt that just the pop bumpers cycling till you get a match 3 for the actual reward?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone can explain to me how the naming of code progression works? Like 1.01... I never understood this since it seems those are just numbers- including marketing strategies. From what I understood 1.0 means the code is somewhat "finished".
I was looking at the new DF stream and saw all those dispaly errors, always when there are multiple awards like add-a-ball or bonus held...
how can this be 1.0 code? This was the case also on the reveal stream, its such an obvious bug.
just compare this to the JP 0.9 code, seemed to be much more polished.
and another thing, why is the theme song so redundant... repeating it self over and over again in so many ways aaaarrgh
it weakens the impact of the themesong in the important parts like MB... that could have been such a magical moment.
beside that, the game looks very nice, the flow looks so goooooood
[quoted image]

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Isnt that just the pop bumpers cycling till you get a match 3 for the actual reward?

Yes, not even close to a glitch.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yes, not even close to a glitch.

I believe it's even explained in the rulesheet that was posted a few days ago

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Soooo when are home use pros shipping?? I keep hearing different things.

My distributor told me mid July, but your mileage may vary. You can always ask your distributor.

#177 3 years ago

I have heard folks don’t like the mystery award pop bumpers. I like those much more than having to put a scoop on the game To slow the whole thing. Excited to figure it all out!

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Pict o pops. Think slot machine. All three images need to match to get the award. Haha

#179 3 years ago

Question. You guys think this game code is deep enough to last a really long time in a home? I’ve heard a few guys talk about getting through the modes already, so just curious on opinions of people that played it.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Question. You guys think this game code is deep enough to last a really long time in a home? I’ve heard a few guys talk about getting through the modes already, so just curious on opinions of people that played it.

Doubt they’ve been through all of them. Game is too new to say how easy or hard it will be to get to the cowabunga wizard mode. Plus who knows what tweaks and balances are to come in the coming months.

This game seems like it will be similar to SW and GOT. Lots of ways to attack the game, but not impossible to beat it. Just the right amount of difficulty for most players.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Nick from Buffalo Pinball mentioned that he, as an owner, stays away from mode based games due to the potential for them becoming stale. So, there are some that don’t like mode based games for the home.

I think linear mode based games could tire you out fast , but being able to have random modes helps add diversity. Having different characters to select at the start will provide different strategies as well as different high scores to chase. Finally the combos, hurry ups, and trainings look like they’ll offer side objectives that could be a lot of fun.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Deeper than MUN, but not anywhere near the code replay value of GOT or SW or many others.

#183 3 years ago

The only issue I've had so far... A few times the ball has rocketed through the lock shot and not stopped or registered. Only when it really flies through. It really sucks though when the foot 123 shot happens and locks you out of everything else and seems to be worth nothing in terms of points. 150k? Another strange thing is I completed an entire mode in multiball and the value was only 500k. Obviously I need to educate myself on some rules and stuff but it seems like there might be some balance issues.

#184 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a cool mod to cover that ugly wing nut?

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

What wingnut?

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What wingnut?

Sounds like you've got the mod this guys looking for. Show off.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the code is not the clearest on what's going on.

The same can be said for EHOH and JP which I both own. But, it's part of pinball to figure things out.

Rob

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The same can be said for EHOH and JP which I both own. But, it's part of pinball to figure things out.
Rob

Agreed

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The lock shot cannot be back handed as far as I can tell. The under-flipper shot is deceivingly tricky and ends up bouncing out a lot.

Actually it can be. Jack Danger did it once on his friday night stream. Although it's basically threading a needle.

Rob

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Thanks for the clarification Dwight (and Chuck). Ive gotta say, that dual spinning disc has grown on me a lot since the initial reveal. It might be my favourite feature addition on the premium, even more than the diverter.

The 2 direction wheel is one bigger reasons I went with the LE. It has a higher element of randomness to it I think. Are you getting one Shaun?

Rob

#191 3 years ago

Pulled the trigger on a LE. Can’t wait till it ships. Was told mid July. Looks amazing, hopefully no playfield issues.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Thanks, this was my fault! great

Quoted from Looprunner:

yes, the ball stopper on ther pro is realy ugly. what can we do here? even a small sticker would work well...

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks, this was my fault! great

yes, the ball stopper on ther pro is realy ugly. what can we do here? even a small sticker would work well...

Put on a little glider? does anybody know the dimesions?
This is 7,5cm wide one. But from pictures i did calculate about 10cm?
Still very smal

P1120045 (resized).JPGP1120045 (resized).JPG
#194 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yeah, that thing! I have one on order and keep wondering what I could put there. I saw a pizza box on Amazon that looks like it would fit.

#195 3 years ago

Another NEW SDTM Video

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles First Impressions & Gameplay

*a full gameplay video will follow later today*

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you getting one Shaun?

Rob

Hey Rob, yeah, I'm in on a Pro. But it's sounding like I wont get it until you jerks get your LEs. haha

#197 3 years ago

I do hope to see more Premium love soon. I am not one to second guess myself but all this Pro love is giving me some apprehension. I am sticking with my guns though. I know they haven’t been seen yet but I am sure they will worth the wait.

#198 3 years ago

It's not being negative to ask more from manufacturers. Obviously the answer is yes but how much more for what's most likely an inexpensive board.

$6100 isn't enough yet I guess.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's not being negative to ask more from manufacturers. Obviously the answer is yes but how much more for what's most likely an inexpensive board.
$6100 isn't enough yet I guess.

I just don’t try to act like I know what goes into a pinball machine production cost. It all adds up and I bet quicker than people think. I bet $10 here or there in production cost can swing a feature from being added or not.

And a $10 part is just the start. What’s the cost of software dev on it, service of the part, etc.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just don’t try to act like I know what goes into a pinball machine production cost. It all adds up and I bet quicker than people think. I bet $10 here or there in production cost can swing a feature from being added or not.
And a $10 part is just the start. What’s the cost of software dev on it, service of the part, etc.

As stated above many past pros included this board in their bom. Writing two software routines to control the motor differently on pro vs. prem/le is more software dev work. Cutting the board out certainly does reduce a modicum of cost, but I am led to believe the driving factor on leaving it out was to create differentiation and drive pre/le sales. It worked on me. I’m in and didn’t go for the pro, even though it has the best art.

I guess “one way” you could “spin” it is, by leaving out the direct drive board it is one less component to fail. This potentially creates a more reliable game for operators. I think the struggle for some is the cost factor creating the differentiation in pro vs pre/le often appears extremely low. The delta in sales price is significant. Now profit isn’t a dirty word, but when the differences are a switch here, and a driver board there, and the rest is software it does feel bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/4?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.