(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 242.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

When on Free Play and pushing the start button once, my TMNT sometimes starts a 2-player game. Is this a common issue?

This also happens randomly on my LE.

Rob

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Baxter deserved it either way
Rob

How dare you!

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

+1!
real points are in multiball imo
you can get bigger points if you keep repeating 123, weapon, april, training... but for me it never was lucrative, since i always drain on some point.
on the Pizza multiball i got plenty of points compared to the other points (20mio +)
Dwight is thinking about adding more reward points for mastering all episodes and eventually adding some other rewards for it at least!

I was just playing last night and was planning on posting about this today - it's frustrating that completing an episode only counts for MAYBE 700k/800k - it should be 3x/4x that point total.

#2304 3 years ago

For those who are awaiting Premiums: I, too, just got word from my distributor that Stern will be shipping them my TMNT Premium sometime tomorrow or Friday! Our wait is nearing its end!

its-happening (resized).pngits-happening (resized).png

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

For those who are awaiting Premiums: I, too, just got word from my distributor that Stern will be shipping them my TMNT Premium sometime tomorrow or Friday! Our wait is nearing its end!
[quoted image]

Same here. I was told sometime this week. Dropping shipping from Stern.

Do they usually provide any kind of tracking information?

#2306 3 years ago

When on Free Play and pushing the start button once, my TMNT sometimes starts a 2-player game. Is this a common issue?

This must be a bug. In our launch party, some very experienced players were starting 2 player games by mistake.

Also, what's with all the scores ending in digits other than zero?

#2307 3 years ago

has happened to me too.

#2308 3 years ago

Your distributor should have tracking info. But these usually ship freight which means tracking can be pretty vague compared to more conventional fed ex or ups.

#2309 3 years ago

well I just replaced the balls that came with my LE and first game I beat my previous hi score(30M) by 50%(45m). Definetly was the balls holding me back....

Was frustrating that I hit 35m on ball 1 before my extra ball. and then only added 10m but it was my best game thus far.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

has happened to me too.

Same issue here with 1.11 Code as well. I've reported the issue to Stern on the scoring bug but haven't mentioned anything about the two player games starting inadvertently.

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

[quoted image]

yay!!!! Finally those of us who bought premiums can join in on the fun! Looking forward to getting mine from flipnout pinball!

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I spoke with someone from Stern a few weeks ago. They told me that they would be manufacturing Premiums from Aug 11th-20th. The first 1/3 of those manufactured are reserved for distribution overseas.

I bought my Premium from Flip N Out Pinball. Anyone know if Stern drops ships with them, or does it go Stern->Flip N Out-> my home?

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

That's awesome. Which distributor did you purchase it from?

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I spoke with someone from Stern a few weeks ago. They told me that they would be manufacturing Premiums from Aug 11th-20th. The first 1/3 of those manufactured are reserved for distribution overseas.
I bought my Premium from Flip N Out Pinball. Anyone know if Stern drops ships with them, or does it go Stern->Flip N Out-> my home?

3 of the 4 NIBs I have ordered went Stern to Dist to me, only 1 was direct from Stern to Me

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Ask Zach, he will let you know. We got our LE from him and it shipped directly to us, but I think it depends on how close you are to the distributor.

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

That's awesome. Which distributor did you purchase it from?

Flipnout baby! Zach said mine would drop ship from Stern.

#2317 3 years ago

Put Baxter on the playfield. Wings wouldn’t fit but he looks pretty good.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2318 3 years ago

I get A LOT of airballs from the right dimension X target. Anyone see this on their game?

Rob

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I get A LOT of airballs from the right dimension X target. Anyone see this on their game?
Rob

Same here. They fly all over the place.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

yay!!!! Finally those of us who bought premiums

I'm still waiting for my Pro!

#2321 3 years ago

Anyone getting crazy long leadtimes for delivery? Premium paid in full on 7/16 and then the next day they tell me January 2021 for production. I bought pins from this distributor before so I know they are legit. I also called Stern and they confirmed saying TMNT had more initial sales than any machine ever. At least some of the kinks will be worked out by then....hopefully

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from Barrelass9198:

Anyone getting crazy long leadtimes for delivery? Premium paid in full on 7/16 and then the next day they tell me January 2021 for production. I bought pins from this distributor before so I know they are legit. I also called Stern and they confirmed saying TMNT had more initial sales than any machine ever. At least some of the kinks will be worked out by then....hopefully

Wow! I paid in full for mine the day after release. What was it? May 28, something like that... Hopefully it is delivered sometime next week. Jan is nuts!

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This must be a bug. In our launch party, some very experienced players were starting 2 player games by mistake.
Also, what's with all the scores ending in digits other than zero?

I had this happen to me on location a few times and thought I was just being clumsy, now I feel better.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Drop ship

#2325 3 years ago

That is the new buy 1 get 2 feature
Sensitive switch maybe?

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I ordered my PRO before the build date. Mine was shipped from Stern, to the distributor, then to my home. Around the same time I emailed FlipnOut pinball and they told me it would be around October before I would receive my PRO, I ended up going with another dealer who shipped on august 3rd. I played a few games for the fist time last night and I love it.

#2327 3 years ago

I set the game up last night and I'm loving it. A pinball buddy stopped by to play and really enjoyed the game as well. There is a washer under my star post with no sign of pooling. I'm unable to tell if the artwork is grainy from my normal playing position. I look at it up close and it looks good to me. Only minor complaint I have is the lockdown bar feels a bit long on it. It fits snug on the left side, but extends past the machine by a quarter of an inch on the right side leaving a small gap. When I ordered the machine I tried several dealers to see who could give me the quickest delivery. I ended up going with Classic Game Rooms out of Georgia. In July I was told it would ship between August 3rd and Aug 7th. It shipped to me on August 3rd. My major concern was damage during shipping coming from GA to California. To my surprise the box had extra cardboard added to protect the original box and cardboard corner supports added to all 4 corners. I've never purchased a NIB before so I'm unable to compare distributors. Jason answered all of my emails quickly, set the proper expectation on when it would be shipped, and then sent tracking info the day it shipped.

20200812_094131.jpg20200812_094131.jpg20200812_103510.jpg20200812_103510.jpg
#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I set the game up last night and I'm loving it. A pinball buddy stopped by to play and really enjoyed the game as well. There is a washer under my star post with no sign of pooling. I'm unable to tell if the artwork is grainy from my normal playing position. I look at it up close and it looks good to me. Only minor complaint I have is the lockdown bar feels a bit long on it. It fits snug on the left side, but extends past the machine by a quarter of an inch on the right side leaving a small gap. When I ordered the machine I tried several dealers to see who could give me the quickest delivery. I ended up going with Classic Game Rooms out of Georgia. In July I was told it would ship between August 3rd and Aug 7th. It shipped to me on August 3rd. My major concern was damage during shipping coming from GA to California. To my surprise the box had extra cardboard added to protect the original box and cardboard corner supports added to all 4 corners. I've never purchased a NIB before so I'm unable to compare distributors. Jason answered all of my emails quickly, set the proper expectation on when it would be shipped, and then sent tracking info the day it shipped.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup got mine from Jason too, infact last 4 from him. He has been very good with extra packaging.

#2329 3 years ago

My Pro arrived!

558CBF12-91E7-442A-B9C5-9BFC2194A044 (resized).jpeg558CBF12-91E7-442A-B9C5-9BFC2194A044 (resized).jpeg
#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the game. Jason @ Classic Game Rooms is a great guy. I've bought several pins from him.

#2331 3 years ago

Wonder when the first premiums will start to arrive.

I've very curios how they adjusted things for that run.

#2332 3 years ago

If you guys haven't changed the setting for LANE CHANGE BATTLE AGAIN then you should. It feels much better to change the ball save with the flipper buttons than to have the sling change it off the slide it immediately rockets out through (nice ball save).

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Wow! I paid in full for mine the day after release. What was it? May 28, something like that... Hopefully it is delivered sometime next week. Jan is nuts!

Oh man! I just put my deposit in on a Pro.... Now I'm freaking out about A) Quality and B) leadtimes.
I am being told October, but I don't want to wait until 2021...

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

If you guys haven't changed the setting for LANE CHANGE BATTLE AGAIN then you should. It feels much better to change the ball save with the flipper buttons than to have the sling change it off the slide it immediately rockets out through (nice ball save).

I didn't even know you could change it! I love changing the ball save by flipper on my TNA. Such a great feature.

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I didn't even know you could change it! I love changing the ball save by flipper on my TNA. Such a great feature.

This should default to On as it feels great to change the save and feels awful to have the sling change it to the other side when it flies out.

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Oh man! I just put my deposit in on a Pro.... Now I'm freaking out about A) Quality and B) leadtimes.

I was seconds away from canceling mine for the grainy art. And, I fear the used market for TMNT will include both a grainy art and non grainy art price. I hope my art isn't grainy.

"For Sale: TMNT Premium (Good playfield art)"

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I was seconds away from canceling mine for the grainy art. And, I fear the used market for TMNT will include both a grainy art and non grainy art price. I hope my art isn't grainy.
"For Sale: TMNT Premium (Good playfield art)"

It might... I have a Deadpool that is a LITTLE bit faded... But it's hard to see.
I have seen some REALLY bad ones tho. That could be the "discount"

I just want the machine at this point.....

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

You'd be better off accepting B to mitigate A.. Waiting until 2021 will likely mean they've sorted out a lot of the initial defects, and ideally resolved the grainy playfield artwork as people who are getting their machines now are bombarding them with complaints..

Plus, there's a theory that playfield pooling might be caused by clear coating not drying fully when applied in warmer more humid weather. A machine made in winter would also avoid this potential.

Personally, I'm aiming for a build date of January or February on this one..

#2339 3 years ago

I'd gladly wait an extra few months if my playfield is perfect.

#2340 3 years ago

Hi guys!! I finally got mine!!! I ordered at launch which was late May and it was just delivered on Tuesday 8/11.

I wanted to provide as much info as possible to hopefully help others out. I know that the whole time I was waiting I was on this forum everyday trying to get info and see when everyone was getting their TMNT.

Like I mentioned before I received it on 8/11 and manufacturing date for my machine is 8/6 so it looks like it was shipped out as soon as it left the production line. As for as conduction I happy to report that mine came out really great! I don't see any granny art on the playfield and the game plays great. I've got about 30 plays on so far and I don't see any dimpling or pooling at all! My JP premium starting dimpling immediately after first few games. So far so good!!

Other helpful info: My distro said that this was the first batch of HUO TMNT's he has received (so those that order at first run of PROs) and he is already sold out on orders till 2021.

MODS: I have just afew mods so far. I got my blade arts from retrorefurbs and red and green dome flashers from Pin Monk. I really recommend the colored flashers. The white ones don't look good to me. I'm looking for more mod idea if anyone has some to share.

Hope this was helpful for some of you! Thanks!!

IMG_0176 (resized).JPGIMG_0176 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0227 (resized).JPGIMG_0227 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPGIMG_0229 (resized).JPGIMG_0229 (resized).JPG
#2341 3 years ago

Waiting for the perfect playfield, hahahaha.
Makes me think about the guys in High School who were waiting for the perfect girl.
Guess who has/had the most fun? Those who are waiting or those who are playing the "not perfect" one?

Now please talk about the game!

#2342 3 years ago

Hey club, did anyone in Canada received their Pro yet?

#2343 3 years ago

Waiting for the perfect playfield, hahahaha.
Makes me think about the guys in High School who were waiting for the perfect girl.
Guess who has/had the most fun? Those who are waiting or those who are playing the "not perfect" one?
Now please talk about the game!

Grainy playfield is really not a big deal, If not pointed out,, looks like the comic book look to me. At the players stand point nothing wrong with the art. The clear seems to be holding up nice, with no ugly ribbing that's for sure. My star wars pro was horrible with ribbing and pixelating/grainy art what ever you want to call it. There are other sterns out there with the same grain on there playfields too.

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Hey club, did anyone in Canada received their Pro yet?

Still waiting

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Grainy playfield is really not a big deal, If not pointed out,, looks like the comic book look to me. At the players stand point nothing wrong with the art. The clear seems to be holding up nice, with no ugly ribbing that's for sure. My star wars pro was horrible with ribbing and pixelating/grainy art what ever you want to call it. There are other sterns out there with the same grain on there playfields too.

For sanity purposes, I'm starting to agree with this mindset. At the same time, it's more about knowing they can (and have) provided better art to others. Oh well.

#2346 3 years ago

LOTR_breath :

Quoted from LOTR_breath:Also, what's with all the scores ending in digits other than zero?

Noticed this too - basically every ball you finish will add 1 pt to your bonus. So it 'kinda' lets you know how many balls were played in a game. However if you tilt out your bonus it'll be off. So if you played 3-ball game with no extra balls and no tilts your game will end with a "3". If you get one EB and no tilts, it'll end in "4" etc. If you tilt though it won't increment up since you lost your bonus. If your score ends with like 81 and the match is 80 you do get a match...

#2347 3 years ago

Checking locally before I list marketplace. TMNT LE, a few weeks old. Looking to free up some cash. If interested, shoot me what you have for trade and how much cash you would ad.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Is there any player control for the up-post in the top left of orbits,
I feel like it is always up to use left orbit to feed upper left flipper for inner orbit or center ramp shot.
Ive noticed at times when hitting right orbit ball will continue out left orbit or will stop and roll through pop bumpers.
Cant seem to figure out why or when it changes.
Or Im just an idiot.

In general, a ball shot up the left orbit will stop and come back to the upper left flipper if you have any reason to shoot the center loop or center ramp.

#2349 3 years ago

This happens to me also.

#2350 3 years ago

Hi

I have a generic question about the Pooling / Clear cost concerns for TMNT

Is this something that happens After so many plays

or would come damaged ? I have silicone washers but didn’t notice any issues of it right now

Should I dismantled the field to install these ? What are you all going to do ?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Loving my LE#284

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/47?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.