(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 240.
#2251 3 years ago

delt31 please for the love of all that is good in pinball make that awesome mix for premium/LE. It makes me so happy hearing the iconic music from the arcade games while playing. It really makes the machine perfect and completes the full package. Name your price kind sir

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Loose washer ?
[quoted image]

nice catch, thanks a lot. haven't seen it myself.

will fix asap.

#2253 3 years ago

Box has some gouges. Crossing my fingers amd hoping it's in one piece.

20200811_102109 (resized).jpg20200811_102109 (resized).jpg
#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

delt31 please for the love of all that is good in pinball make that awesome mix for premium/LE. It makes me so happy hearing the iconic music from the arcade games while playing. It really makes the machine perfect and completes the full package. Name your price kind sir

Hey - I ended up atleast putting the real tmnt theme music and video in the LE as a concession. Not enough time to do both and def don't do this for money, which is why I don't charge or ask for donations although appreciate the offer. If I find some additional time to dedicate, I will let everyone know but for now I need a break from tmnt pinbrowser.

Really been enjoying the game.

EDIT - F it. I'll inject the music from the pro. No guarantees on when but I'll figure it out. You guys need good classic music too haha.

#2255 3 years ago

Ok, add another one to the list of grainy. I can definitely see a difference between my tmnt and DP. Oh well.

20200811_104610 (resized).jpg20200811_104610 (resized).jpg20200811_112710 (resized).jpg20200811_112710 (resized).jpg20200811_112714 (resized).jpg20200811_112714 (resized).jpg20200811_112720 (resized).jpg20200811_112720 (resized).jpg20200811_112755 (resized).jpg20200811_112755 (resized).jpg

20200811_114920 (resized).jpg20200811_114920 (resized).jpg
#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Box has some gouges. Crossing my fingers amd hoping it's in one piece.
[quoted image]

Hope there's no damage.

You should be fine, but I'd document the unboxing just in case.

#2257 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know about anyone else, but I wish the modes scored more points. 25,000 or 35,000 points per shot really just doesn't add up to much, especially when some modes don't really need many shots to complete. In contrast, the big points seem to be nestled in the April Hurry Ups as those can be very lucrative. Maybe multiply mission scoring by x4 or x5? Or is that too much then? I'm just thinking out loud to see what others think.
Rob

+1!
real points are in multiball imo
you can get bigger points if you keep repeating 123, weapon, april, training... but for me it never was lucrative, since i always drain on some point.
on the Pizza multiball i got plenty of points compared to the other points (20mio +)

Dwight is thinking about adding more reward points for mastering all episodes and eventually adding some other rewards for it at least!

#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Hope there's no damage.
You should be fine, but I'd document the unboxing just in case.

Thanks. No damage! Game plays beautifully. I had one ball get stuck in upper right of playfield but forgot to take pic. So far, so good.

#2259 3 years ago

50 games in and my balls are magnetized slightly, getting stuck together and not coming out of the van lock. Fortunately I planned for this and have some carbon steel balls for the game.

#2260 3 years ago

284 LE has arrived

Question regarding the washers on the leg bolts

I bought the nylon protectors from
Pinball life

Do I still need these ??

Don’t want to damage the trim paint

What have you all done with your TMNT pro or le ??

Thank you

6BE08AD2-75DC-4DE9-8935-5208E3A8B4E4 (resized).jpeg6BE08AD2-75DC-4DE9-8935-5208E3A8B4E4 (resized).jpeg8B8C8CA2-359B-4D80-BCA2-DEA732FA97BB (resized).jpeg8B8C8CA2-359B-4D80-BCA2-DEA732FA97BB (resized).jpeg
#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

50 games in and my balls are magnetized slightly, getting stuck together and not coming out of the van lock. Fortunately I planned for this and have some carbon steel balls for the game.

Where do you suggest getting these from?

#2262 3 years ago

factory protectors between legs and cabinet, leave the factory protectors in there that are screwed to cab,
Then I get nylon washers to place under head of bolt between factory washer and leg.

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Where do you suggest getting these from?

Generally I get them from pinball life usually order a handful every time i order something from them.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

+1!
real points are in multiball imo

Yes Multiball is where its at!
TIP: Get 2X playfield running before you start multiball. If you do this and run both multiballs you can pretty much score 20 million plus each game.

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Now, asking for real, doi have any recourse to address the grainy and banding art? Or will stern just say something as to the likes of "imperfections on this garment are normal, and provide character to the piece"?

"It's patina sir. I know it's an otherwise modern looking game in every other respect, but err.. it adds character?"

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Complete speculation here.....original run pfs were done on normal print settings which takes longer because it uses higher print density but aren’t grainy.
Once they discovered the clearcoat issues under the posts, they urgently changed the art around the posts, and had to rush printing the new pf’s so as not to hold up the production line. Rushing the pf’s means grainy art.

then why use the ones with the colour under the posts?

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey - I ended up atleast putting the real tmnt theme music and video in the LE as a concession. Not enough time to do both and def don't do this for money, which is why I don't charge or ask for donations although appreciate the offer. If I find some additional time to dedicate, I will let everyone know but for now I need a break from tmnt pinbrowser.
Really been enjoying the game.
EDIT - F it. I'll inject the music from the pro. No guarantees on when but I'll figure it out. You guys need good classic music too haha.

Awesome! Really appreciate the dedication. It seriously is a perfect fit and must have mod for anyone that grew up playing the arcade/Nintendo games. You have no idea how happy this makes me. Thanks delt31 for all the hard work. Keep us posted

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Yes Multiball is where its at!
TIP: Get 2X playfield running before you start multiball. If you do this and run both multiballs you can pretty much score 20 million plus each game.

I haven't tested it in comp mode, but you can also just use ball save safety from multi-ball to hit LAIR and get 2x going as well. Mix in Octopus topping and spinner all day.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Happy to send you new balls at no charge!

Great I could use another batch of 200
I don’t even open the package from Stern.

#2270 3 years ago

I've noticed two things on 1.11, wondering if anyone else is seeing these as well:

- When missing the skill shot, the audio sounds blown out/clipping.
- On some modes/screens, my screen looks like it has a few dead/stuck green pixels. It's not all the time or on all the screens, so I don't think I actually have dead pixels, but I'm not sure if it's in the software or not.

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I've noticed two things on 1.11, wondering if anyone else is seeing these as well:
- On some modes/screens, my screen looks like it has a few dead/stuck green pixels. It's not all the time or on all the screens, so I don't think I actually have dead pixels, but I'm not sure if it's in the software or not.

I just noticed the "dead pixel" thing as well. 4 green dots. Next time I'll see if it's all the time or just certain screens.

#2272 3 years ago

I have the sound bug too, but its not just at the skill shot. stern is already investigating this issue.
I did not notice the pixels, but i dont look often on the screen

#2273 3 years ago

284 set up !!

Couple dumb things overall happy

Now to put Mylar in shooter / drops

Do I need to remove every post and add the silicone ones ?

Just loaded the newest code and will play it later on

Thanks

31C8D865-644B-4B54-8C6D-F324749348E8 (resized).jpeg31C8D865-644B-4B54-8C6D-F324749348E8 (resized).jpegC3145D7C-549D-467F-B726-7C8874D7F95C (resized).jpegC3145D7C-549D-467F-B726-7C8874D7F95C (resized).jpeg
#2274 3 years ago

On some modes/screens, my screen looks like it has a few dead/stuck green pixels. It's not all the time or on all the screens, so I don't think I actually have dead pixels, but I'm not sure if it's in the software or not.

I have seen this too on my game and it looks like green stuck pixels on the lair graphic. On other screens they may look like white dots. I was almost convinced it was my LCD, but now I am not so sure. Sometimes the dots are there, sometimes not. Always in the same place.

Rob
20200803_230009 (resized).jpg20200803_230009 (resized).jpg

#2275 3 years ago

Unboxed an LE yesterday with a build date of June 26th.

Has some pooling on both sides of the apron and at the LAIR star post. Playfield looks okay, however, it does look a bit grainy. Not as bad as others that have been posted, but I'm questioning whether it's the grainy version or not.

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Unboxed an LE yesterday with a build date of June 26th.
Has some pooling on both sides of the apron and at the LAIR star post. Playfield looks okay, however, it does looks a bit grainy. Not as bad as others that have been posted, but I'm questioning whether it a bit.

I think you need to stop worrying about it on your LE. It will tarnish your enjoyment of your game.

Rob

#2277 3 years ago

Is there any player control for the up-post in the top left of orbits,
I feel like it is always up to use left orbit to feed upper left flipper for inner orbit or center ramp shot.

Ive noticed at times when hitting right orbit ball will continue out left orbit or will stop and roll through pop bumpers.
Cant seem to figure out why or when it changes.

Or Im just an idiot.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you need to stop worrying about it on your LE. It will tarnish your enjoyment of your game.
Rob

Who's worried?

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.
Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

You know what man?

You got a point.

My bad.

Don’t let my salt towards Stern bring ya down bruh. I can dial it back juuuust a lil bit here I guess.

Cowabunga dude. Enjoy your new game.

#2280 3 years ago

Does anyone make full plastic protector sets for the game?

#2281 3 years ago

So, I took advice of others to use a shooter plate to protect diverter hitting ramp. Now, I just need the right type of double stick tape. It seems the best would be something similar in thickness and strength used for Clifffies. Anyone have any idea what type and where to get? Thanks.

#2282 3 years ago

Just got my pro today...build date of July 30th. The playfield is a bit grainy if you stick your face to the glass but I wouldn’t recommend playing that way . I took a picture of a Stranger Things pro just to help with comparison.

C942E557-90A0-4A97-AECD-C4AECCCE52EC.jpegC942E557-90A0-4A97-AECD-C4AECCCE52EC.jpegDC78FF58-07D7-4518-A985-0A5A00B4315E.jpegDC78FF58-07D7-4518-A985-0A5A00B4315E.jpeg
#2283 3 years ago

The upgraded glass is fantastic, I've never seen it in person. I took a second look as I walked by wondering why I hadn't put the glass back on... it was.

#2284 3 years ago

I just got word from my distributor that my Premium is ready and should ship out from Stern in the next day or two and arrive early next week . Will update you guys when I have it . Fingers crossed that the playfield is beautiful.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have seen this too on my game and it looks like green stuck pixels on the lair graphic. On other screens they may look like white dots. I was almost convinced it was my LCD, but now I am not so sure. Sometimes the dots are there, sometimes not. Always in the same place.
Rob

Thanks for taking the picture -- I was having issues seeing the dots in the photos I took. But mine are in the exact same spots. Hopefully something they can look in to.

#2286 3 years ago

This is what my STH playfield looks like. Even worse!

D4B15717-105F-4273-94D8-805A6038FB70 (resized).jpegD4B15717-105F-4273-94D8-805A6038FB70 (resized).jpeg
#2287 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the picture -- I was having issues seeing the dots in the photos I took. But mine are in the exact same spots. Hopefully something they can look in to.

If the dots are in the same exact spot, then it's obviously not bad pixels on the LCD. It's not related to 1.11 because I did not install that on my game. I started with 1.10.

Rob

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

So, I took advice of others to use a shooter plate to protect diverter hitting ramp. Now, I just need the right type of double stick tape. It seems the best would be something similar in thickness and strength used for Clifffies. Anyone have any idea what type and where to get? Thanks.

Carpet tape would definitely work. That stuff is paper thin and sticks like no tomorrow.

Rob

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have the sound bug too, but its not just at the skill shot. stern is already investigating this issue.
I did not notice the pixels, but i dont look often on the screen

Are you sure your LE backbox speakers are set to 8ohm in the utilities?

Rob

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you sure your LE backbox speakers are set to 8ohm in the utilities?
Rob

I have the PRO version. It seems its just the cabinet sub whats affected, but I am already in contact with stern. I did the OHM check, swapped the speaker and the CPU board with no success. Some sounds are really bad like the enter initial backspace sound:

#2291 3 years ago

Some of the ending animations need to be tweaked.

For instance, regardless of whether you finish the defeating Baxter's mousers or not, Baxter still gets zapped, even while Shredder is praising him for good work.

Another example, when failing to finish the "See You On The Other Side, Ray" episode, Splinter is still rescued.

#2292 3 years ago

Curious how the line of Premiums is going to be. I imagine they'll have the guide issue figured out. As well as art around the posts for pooling.

And hopefully the PF art isn't rushed and grainy.

I'm basically ready to order, but want to see the best route. Been leaning on finding a LE. But if premium has most all the issues ironed out, that will probably what I go with.

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

For instance, regardless of whether you finish the defeating Baxter's mousers or not, Baxter still gets zapped, even while Shredder is praising him for good work.
Another example, when failing to finish the "See You On The Other Side, Ray" episode, Splinter is still rescued.

I think this is intentional. Win or lose against the mousers, you still fight the transformer Baxter.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think this is intentional. Win or lose against the mousers, you still fight the transformer Baxter.

I don't believe so. If that was the case, Shredder's dialog wouldn't alter between endings.

You clearly loose to Slash and Beebop and Rocksteady in their respective episodes. Most of the episode's have win/loose animations.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I don't believe so. If that was the case, Shredder's dialog wouldn't alter between endings.
You clearly loose to Slash and Beebop and Rocksteady in their respective episodes. Most of the episode's have win/loose animations.

Baxter's transformation is canon in the show as well as the game, so since one episode involves you fighting transformed Baxter, that scene still needs to occur regardless of the outcome. If it didn't happen there, where else would it transpire?

#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Baxter deserved it either way

Rob

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Baxter's transformation is canon in the show as well as the game, so since one episode involves you fighting transformed Baxter, that scene still needs to occur regardless of the outcome. If it didn't happen there, where else would it transpire?

By not making the Super Fly mode available until you successfully finish the Night of the Mousers.

Also, why have Shredder praise Baxter, then punish him?

#2298 3 years ago

When on Free Play and pushing the start button once, my TMNT sometimes starts a 2-player game. Is this a common issue?

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

When on Free Play and pushing the start button once, my TMNT sometimes starts a 2-player game. Is this a common issue?

That's happened to me too. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm accidentally doing it somehow.

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

yes, also seen on the Deadflip streams

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/46?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.