(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 242.
#2201 3 years ago

Only problem we have had is that after 20 plays they were rusted out. Good ole Stern balls, always have to replace them, wish they would find another supplier for them.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Anyone having problems with magnetized balls? We held a launch party this weekend with two brand new TMNT pro's. By the end, both machines balls were magnetized. One was worse than the other. These were with the factory balls. Thanks.

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Only problem we have had is that after 20 plays they were rusted out. Good ole Stern balls, always have to replace them, wish they would find another supplier for them.

Happy to send you new balls at no charge!

#2203 3 years ago

Now there is a fantastic distributor .

Much appreciated!!!

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Happy to send you new balls at no charge!

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I noticed my balls are “bronze” colored as well, I compared them to the balls in my other machines, they all shine compared to the balls that came with tmnt. Maybe they are less magnetizable?

#2205 3 years ago

Maybe I am just unlucky, not sure what the deal is but for the majority of my Stern machines I have always have to change out balls quite quickly.

Quoted from billrz:

I noticed my balls are “bronze” colored as well, I compared them to the balls in my other machines, they all shine compared to the balls that came with tmnt. Maybe they are less magnetizable?

#2206 3 years ago

Anyone have a Electronic level they would recommend? Need something to dial it in

#2207 3 years ago

We use a Mastercraft Digital Level, 10-in. Fairly cheap and works great.

Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Anyone have a Electronic level they would recommend? Need something to dial it in

#2208 3 years ago

just buy a cheap digitial inclinometer on any website. i have a few that were no name and work great.

#2209 3 years ago

All TMNT footage from our unofficial Tutlement:

#2210 3 years ago

The lair ball guide is actually digging in a bit in your pic, and you may want to get a washer under there before it chips. I'd definitely recommend also bending it a bit to follow the playfield outline if you take it out, to reduce the impacts there (and make the shot a bit easier).

Quoted from billrz:

LE build date July 16 check in. 476 plays, no grainy art, diverter works perfectly, only small scratch on ramp (refer to pics) looks like from testing. Art is under star post with washer. Pizza motor started making noise after about 100 plays,turned it off for a week or so , turned it back on the day new code came out, didn’t make noise for many many games but has started grinding off n on again, but not that often (Makes no sense). Also I notice the ball is hitting the metal above the lair targets, it’s actually denting it (pics) and probably hurting my balls (hehe;)any remedies (I think I saw something way back in this thread) ? . This game is great, it’s super unfortunate some people are are having bigger problems. I hope it’s not the majority and highly doubt it is. Hopefully stern corrects the issues people are having,otherwise have fun playing !! I’m loving this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

tmnt_guide (resized).jpgtmnt_guide (resized).jpg
#2211 3 years ago

Complete speculation here.....original run pfs were done on normal print settings which takes longer because it uses higher print density but aren’t grainy.

Once they discovered the clearcoat issues under the posts, they urgently changed the art around the posts, and had to rush printing the new pf’s so as not to hold up the production line. Rushing the pf’s means grainy art.

#2212 3 years ago

That would be astoundingly disappointing, and also not the slightest bit surprising.

Quoted from cooked71:

Complete speculation here.....original run pfs were done on normal print settings which takes longer because it uses higher print density but aren’t grainy.
Once they discovered the clearcoat issues under the posts, they urgently changed the art around the posts, and had to rush printing the new pf’s so as not to hold up the production line. Rushing the pf’s means grainy art.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agreed. That was my same assumption.

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

how does Stern think this is ok with the prices people pay for games? Especially now with most buyers being home users. My game comes tomorrow, really hoping it doesnt have this issue because i wont accept it and will return.

Because people keep buying them in spite of the issues.

And they’ll keep doing it.

Roll on the next theme when these new issues and the long standing ones like pooling and chipping will fade away again, and people will just jump on the new one. “Surely it can never happen to me?” “I don’t want to put up with the poor quality but I just can’t stop myself giving them money and thereby validating their crappy QC!”

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

The lair ball guide is actually digging in a bit in your pic, and you may want to get a washer under there before it chips. I'd definitely recommend also bending it a bit to follow the playfield outline if you take it out, to reduce the impacts there (and make the shot a bit easier).
[quoted image]

Good call, can’t really put a washer under it, but I took it off, bent it to align with playfield, put some Mylar down over the pooling spot. Hopefully that stops it from chipping.

649F24A8-E6ED-4775-95BF-4E12405B6522 (resized).jpeg649F24A8-E6ED-4775-95BF-4E12405B6522 (resized).jpeg
#2216 3 years ago

If you don't mind taking it apart again- the best place to put the washers is on the three posts. That will raise the whole guide up so it no longer cuts into the playfield.

Quoted from billrz:

Good call, can’t really put a washer under it, but I took it off, bent it to align with playfield, put some Mylar down over the pooling spot. Hopefully that stops it from chipping.
[quoted image]

#2217 3 years ago

Pooling art, grinding pizzas, burnt servos, washers under posts, grainy/banding art.

Perfect

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pooling art, grinding pizzas, burnt servos, washers under posts, grainy/banding art.
Perfect

Cowabunga Dude!

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Wow, that's pretty significant of a difference. I cropped and rotated two of them in order to have a better side by side comparison. The Stern "QA" department continues to impress me every day.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like a bit of pot luck on quality when buying some of these new Sterns... Not a good expectation for customers to have.

#2220 3 years ago

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.

Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Finally unboxed my ninja turtles, and loving the game... BUT STERN QUALITY CONTROL IS TOTAL BS GARBAGE!!!!!!
At first, the balls were not spitting out.... ran tests ad diagnostics, but could not figure out what was wrong... then I lift playfield, and one of the 2 wires for the ball feeder is NOT EVEN SOLDERED... WHAT THE FRAK!!!!!! $6k, and you cant even playtest my damn game, or check if it works? There is no way they could have played a single game to test, without the game being able to feed balls.
Then, as I play with my son, something happens by the pizza multi-ball lock, were 4 balls get stuck in there, and they don't come out! Waiting, tilting or even one reboot did not fix the issue.... had to restart 2 times more for ti to finally release the balls.
Awesome Game, but damn.. stern sucks balls!
Ill post pics of the unsoldered wire later for reference[quoted image]

Did you determine what caused the pizza lock issue? I've had it occur four times now in about a hundred games. I have an email into Stern support. My post was close to the playfield so I tried to bend the bracket out a little. It still occurred afterwards.

#2222 3 years ago

At least you get a nice choice now:

Option 1: Pooling clearcoat around posts and good printing;

OR

Option 2: No pooling clearcoat around posts but crappy printing.

Pick your poison.

#2223 3 years ago

Seems like the LE owners are getting the better art printing...

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seems like the LE owners are getting the better art printing...

My Pro looks great.

5A61D1C5-80F5-41A1-9F4F-306EEE9F08BD (resized).jpeg5A61D1C5-80F5-41A1-9F4F-306EEE9F08BD (resized).jpeg
#2225 3 years ago

I just have a cheapie one I bought on Amazon...but to reply to your question if I bought again I'd look for one w/a backlight to make it easier to read.

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I just have a cheapie one I bought on Amazon...but to reply to your question if I bought again I'd look for one w/a backlight to make it easier to read.

I bought this one and it seems to work well enough. It is backlit.

Digital Level Protractor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R12DZQ9

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Did you determine what caused the pizza lock issue? I've had it occur four times now in about a hundred games. I have an email into Stern support. My post was close to the playfield so I tried to bend the bracket out a little. It still occurred afterwards.

Magnetized balls

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At least you get a nice choice now:
Option 1: Pooling clearcoat around posts and good printing;
OR
Option 2: No pooling clearcoat around posts but crappy printing.
Pick your poison.

Pooling but good art is 100% the best choice. You can fix the pooling with the vinyl repair kit iron and you're good to go. If you have the crappy PF printing, you're screwed forever.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I bought this one and it seems to work well enough. It is backlit.
Digital Level Protractor... amazon.com link »

Thanks so much guys!

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.
Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

Completely valid points.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

My Pro looks great.
[quoted image]

Does yours have art under the star post?

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Does yours have art under the star post?

Yes, dated 08/05. It lends credence to the idea there are two manufacturers with a different process.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That makes sense. My pro is due Sept. I hope they have sorted it out for following runs.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

There is. I gave that thread the finger. Just a bunch of endless complaining that never goes anywhere.

#2235 3 years ago

Now, asking for real, doi have any recourse to address the grainy and banding art? Or will stern just say something as to the likes of "imperfections on this garment are normal, and provide character to the piece"?

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

That makes sense. My pro is due Sept. I hope they have sorted it out for following runs.

I don’t think it makes sense. Mine was assembled 8/5 and has great art. That would mean it was an original PF from months ago that was just now used. I think they are making some in house and some are being made by a 3rd party.

Crazy speculation would be they print ones in house which let them make changes immediately but at a lower quality. 3rd party takes longer to change or they have to meet an ordered amount.

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Now, asking for real, doi have any recourse to address the grainy and banding art? Or will stern just say something as to the likes of "imperfections on this garment are normal, and provide character to the piece"?

This is where what distributor you bought it from really matters. Work through them.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don’t think it makes sense. Mine was assembled 8/5 and has great art. That would mean it was an original PF from months ago that was just now used. I think they are making some in house and some are being made by a 3rd party.
Crazy speculation would be they print ones in house which let them make changes immediately but at a lower quality. 3rd party takes longer to change or they have to meet an ordered amount.

Mines 6/31.

#2239 3 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I wish the modes scored more points. 25,000 or 35,000 points per shot really just doesn't add up to much, especially when some modes don't really need many shots to complete. In contrast, the big points seem to be nestled in the April Hurry Ups as those can be very lucrative. Maybe multiply mission scoring by x4 or x5? Or is that too much then? I'm just thinking out loud to see what others think.

Rob

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

My Pro looks great.
[quoted image]

What flipper rubbers are you using here?

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

What flipper rubbers are you using here?

Pinball Life Perfect Plays

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

They make the playfields in house. All of them. Zero art or clear is applied. They send all the playfields out to a few different vendors who apply the art and clear.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They make the playfields in house. All of them. Zero art or clear is applied. They send all the playfields out to a few different vendors who apply the art and clear.

What do you believe contributes to the variance in print quality? Do the vendors use different models of printers?

#2244 3 years ago

Fun with pinball:
i got this flipper codes confirmed:

does anybody know the flipper code for marc silk?

#2245 3 years ago

Pictures of Playfield: Build 18th June 2020
P1120068 (resized).JPGP1120068 (resized).JPGP1120071 (resized).JPGP1120071 (resized).JPGP1120072 (resized).JPGP1120072 (resized).JPGP1120073 (resized).JPGP1120073 (resized).JPG
Edit: Pro version

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Fun with pinball:
i got this flipper codes confirmed:
does anybody know the flipper code for marc silk?

What do you mean with flipper code?

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What do you believe contributes to the variance in print quality? Do the vendors use different models of printers?

Lack of calibration according to someone I know in the biz.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

What do you mean with flipper code?

- Added some Easter Eggs. To do a basic Easter Egg you hold in both flippers during attract mode
then you enter a sequence of numbers/letters. To enter one
number/letter you hit the left flipper button X times counting as you
go. When you reach the number/letter you need stop and hit the right
flipper button once. When you are all done you need to hit the right
button one more time. For example to enter code 3 3 3 (or C C C) you
would hold in both flippers then LLL R LLL R LLL R R.

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Pictures of Playfield: Build 18th June 2020
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Edit: Pro version

Loose washer ?

960E277D-D339-4CE6-A481-909062854AE8 (resized).jpeg960E277D-D339-4CE6-A481-909062854AE8 (resized).jpeg
#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

When viewing from a normal playing angle is it noticeable?

Not really, you have to lean down and know what you are looking for honestly. If I pointed it out you would be like "oh yeah looks like a grainy printer low on ink". From normal playing view most people wouldn't even notice it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/45?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.