(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 241.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Quick update should be fine. Full is only if there is something wrong and you need to do a full delete and reinstall. I'd be curious to see if you are having the same scoring issue with 1.11 that I am on the LE. The bonus adds a 1 to the end which shouldn't happen. Regarding the action button on the Pro, pretty sure it's just for the pizza eating contest and also another option to launch the ball.

Pro here at 1.11 code and yes its adding in the 1s

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Quick update should be fine. Full is only if there is something wrong and you need to do a full delete and reinstall. I'd be curious to see if you are having the same scoring issue with 1.11 that I am on the LE. The bonus adds a 1 to the end which shouldn't happen. Regarding the action button on the Pro, pretty sure it's just for the pizza eating contest and also another option to launch the ball.

thanks. Looks like the issue is on the pro update as well so hopefully it will be fixed on the next update

#2053 3 years ago

Anyone know how to protect against this shooting lane damage from getting worse?

7B501AF6-591A-4231-908D-84DC3025202A (resized).jpeg7B501AF6-591A-4231-908D-84DC3025202A (resized).jpeg
#2054 3 years ago

Another temporary topper. A buddy brought over the radioactive container until he gets his pro next week! Playing with toys on Saturday morning .

11B8636D-C17A-4A46-AFD5-54F9CEFA5859 (resized).jpeg11B8636D-C17A-4A46-AFD5-54F9CEFA5859 (resized).jpeg
#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just posted several messages back about this. The dc motor that drives the pizza wheel has a small gearbox on the end of it. I disassembled it, cleaned the gears and re-lubed with a liberal amount of white lithium grease.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of it disassembled, but here is where the gearbox is located. For anyone that disassembles this, please note there are a few very tiny shim washers inside. It is not difficult to disassemble and reassemble. Make sure the pizza spinner is level with playfield when done.
I know what the grinding sounds like and it can be very loud. This will remedy that completely.
Rob
[quoted image]

This should be made a key post. It took a long ass time to get it out and disassembled, but I was able to take the entire thing apart down to the gearbox, grease the gears and the nylon washers, and now it runs silently. This is a must for anyone with grinding pizza mech.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Anyone know how to protect against this shooting lane damage from getting worse?
[quoted image]

I just ordered the full shooter lane protector kit from Cliffys.

Edit I requested to order, they are not in full production yet, seems they are pending if enough requests are made.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I wonder if this is the same one used in Deadpool. I could just swap it from DP if TMNT is prone to issues.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

What did you order? I was just on the site but it looks like there's not a common model for SPIKE and TMNT is still in the works it looks.

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What did you order? I was just on the site but it looks like there's not a common model for SPIKE and TMNT is still in the works it looks.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

At the top of the page, took me a while to find on the website.

They are listed as work in progress, seems they will go into production if there are enough requests.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
At the top of the page, took me a while to find on the website.
They are listed as work in progress, seems they will go into production if there are enough requests.

I got my Cliffys last week they work great!!!
Installed before first ball played!
Clif said there is a difrence between pro and premium not sure of what the difference is.
1FE58D4D-5003-4270-ACBF-8741617F2771 (resized).jpeg1FE58D4D-5003-4270-ACBF-8741617F2771 (resized).jpegB27FB87B-3EF0-4ADE-AF50-F5BD936F9DE7 (resized).jpegB27FB87B-3EF0-4ADE-AF50-F5BD936F9DE7 (resized).jpegCDDC27F8-2F46-4FDC-B58A-2693B22E1F5B (resized).jpegCDDC27F8-2F46-4FDC-B58A-2693B22E1F5B (resized).jpeg

#2061 3 years ago

Dup post

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Clif said there is a difrence between pro and premium not sure of what the difference is.

The Prem/LE has a full ball guide in the inlane instead of a wire guide like the pro.

#2063 3 years ago

What protector are planned?
Only shooting lane and drain?
Any area prone to wear??

#2064 3 years ago

One week to go before the Premiums hit the line. The next couple will of weeks will be grueling waiting for my pin.

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

....also posted this on the tilt forum:
I did some testing with the glass off (Standard Gameplay Mode).
You get 1 Extra Ball by starting your second episode.
You get 1 Extra Ball by shooting one of the two Pizza Slice targets 14 times.
The setting “Auto” for Extra Balls seems not to be dynamic as seen on other games (thank you). So in total you can only get two Extra Balls, please let me know if you find more!
Pizza Slice rewards:
+7 pieces = Pizza eating contest
+7 pieces = Extraball
…and so on…
Slices can only collected between modes, not during 123, weapon, april, training, team up or turtle power mb. Slices collected during Pizza Multiball or Eating contest will not add up for the slice rewards but you will see it displayed on the screen.

I’m wondering the same thing, I just played a game where I think I had 4 extra balls, I know you can get two the way you described, and one more from random pops awards but did I find a 4th extra ball? I don’t have any replay award extra balls turned on to my knowledge but I did crack 50M points if that is some threshold for another ball.

I know someone made a webpage for JP with super deep rules explanations, has anyone seen something like this for TMNT?

#2066 3 years ago

TMNT Tuesday for me! Decided on a Pro. I checked out a newly unboxed Pro at my distributors today. The playfield had no pooling and Art was removed around posts. It did however have a very hazy/faded printing of artwork on playfield. Much different than the last pro they had on display. Almost like ink was low when printed.

#2067 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

FYI this happened after 600 balls coming out of the trough with the minimum power of 167 and Mylar in place.
This is a total joke. I just saw it because my shooterlane protector just arrived (not available before) and i wanted to install it.
Afraid of the poor PF quality i checked the left and right ball feed of the ramps... i did protect only one side, the other side started to chip already too so i added 2 layers of Mylar there. I am afraid what comes next. The dimpling is very present, this will look ugly as f... in a few months.
I am shocked about the soft wood/clearcoat combo, wondering why noone has mentioned chipping until now, time will tell. From the first day i tried to protect my game as good as possible.
[quoted image]

And this is why I canceled my tmnt pro. My JP Premium is worse than that with 250 plays.

#2068 3 years ago

I’m loving this game! Just finished with my highest score so far and I keep wanting to go back for more. Flow is great and I’m finally dialing in on the shots. I didn’t think the right ramp would be that tough, but it’s been kicking my ass. As for the quality, I don’t think I see any of the issues others been having so I’m Being cautiously optimistic for now. the build date on it is 7/24 so hopefully they’ve ironed out the kinks. Definitely buying mylar for some areas though.

C1EA1525-E03C-4416-B672-1EAAB65CF215 (resized).jpegC1EA1525-E03C-4416-B672-1EAAB65CF215 (resized).jpeg
#2069 3 years ago

After owning this game my assumption is no question correct - the speed on the ramps is way too fast to effectively use the diverter. It's actually so fast that just handling the ball is sometimes challenging. Just fyi based on owner experience

Thank you Stern for saving me money!

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game my assumption is no question correct - the speed on the ramps is way too fast to effectively use the diverter. It's actually so fast that just handling the ball is sometimes challenging. Just fyi based on owner experience

I 100% agree. Even if you could control the diverted with a button next to the flipper I still think the ramps would be too fast. All diverter movement would still have to be preemptive. I am very happy that I picked the pro model.

#2071 3 years ago

So apart from the diverter, the only other gameplay difference between the pro and PreLe is the ball lock?

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So apart from the diverter, the only other gameplay difference between the pro and PreLe is the ball lock?

8 ball multiball, there is also a glider mode. And Krang bounces.

#2073 3 years ago

Getting my pro this week. You can check it out if you want

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The pizza spinner is multi-directional on the Prem/LE, too. More like the jjPotC one.

#2075 3 years ago

But does that add much? Also pro gets a better skill shot? And pro does not have the same locking in the lair.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LE has an extra switch in the lair and it can hold a ball during Multiball.

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No.

Bidirectional pizza spinner
Krang toy that is synced to his speech
4 ball instant release from the van
Ball lock in the Lair during pizza parlor multiball
Glider scoring
No top lane skill shot

The truth is, the glider is there to use as much or as little as you want. There's no need to fast switch it between shots because you are not building combos like in The Shadow. For glider scoring, it also does not need to be switched until you want to try to collect the points. It's really irrelevant to say how fast the game plays affects how useful the diverter is.

Rob

#2078 3 years ago

We got our new glider assembly this afternoon and just finished installing it. Super easy swap, just 3 screws up top, and 3 connectors under the playfield. Had it done in about 10 minutes and the game works perfectly now. Made a small adjustment to the ramp that feeds the 3rd flipper to shift it to the left some and it feeds the flipper so smooth now.

#2079 3 years ago

I just got a Pro. July 30 build. Thinking about selling locally in Philly area. Hit me up if you are interested.

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I just got a Pro. July 30 build. Thinking about selling locally in Philly area. Hit me up if you are interested.

Love this guy.

Seriously though - highly recommended. If I didn’t just buy one, I would be seeing you in 5 hrs.

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

8 ball multiball, there is also a glider mode. And Krang bounces.

8 ball is to many as the 6 in the pro is already a handful. Anything over 3 and you're just slapping balls around until the ball save runs out and you get it to a controllable amount of balls.

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

8 ball is to many as the 6 in the pro is already a handful. Anything over 3 and you're just slapping balls around until the ball save runs out and you get it to a controllable amount of balls.

In agreement. Going for pro. Also check out lermods. He has a krang that lights up with the bumper flasher. Just ordered.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

Considering the price of the krang neca kit not a bad deal at all.

This makes the pro even closer to premium.

#2083 3 years ago

https://m.twitch.tv/alabama_pinball
Unofficial tmnt launch party, live now!

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

In agreement. Going for pro. Also check out lermods. He has a krang that lights up with the bumper flasher. Just ordered.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang
Considering the price of the krang neca kit not a bad deal at all.
This makes the pro even closer to premium.

Welllllll crap. There goes $120 I wasn't planning on spending. That looks perfect. No complaints from me at all now picking the Pro over the other models.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

The purpose of having 8 balls is staging 3 balls in the van for immediate release after the 4th is locked. It's not about having an 8 ball multiball.

Rob

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The purpose of having 8 balls is staging 3 balls in the van for immediate release after the 4th is locked. It's not about having an 8 ball multiball.
Rob

Ninja Pizza Multiball is up to 8 balls on the LE and only 6 on the Pro. That's a feature Stern is trying to sell as a reason to upgrade.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The point of the diverter is to not make the change when you have already made the ramp. You need to trap up first and plan your next shot. From a trap is when you need to decide how you want the diverter to feed your ball. It works great this way.

#2088 3 years ago

Got my TMNT Pro today, was built Aug 4th. has the super awesome inkjet playfield....put in a ticket for a replacement. FML

20200808_233255 (resized).jpg20200808_233255 (resized).jpg
#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Got my TMNT Pro today, was built Aug 4th. has the super awesome inkjet playfield....put in a ticket for a replacement. FML
[quoted image]

Oh, shirt!
That's a heartbreaker!

#2090 3 years ago

Famous old argument... Pro Vs LE... and always the same, people that are in for the Pro trying to justify how useless/pointless the extras are, and people down for a Premium/LE pointing out how they find these SAME few things important enough to have made them go for their choice...

Just enjoy YOUR choice guys, no one needs justification from anyone else (unless wife )

We are all lucky to be able to enjoy pinballs at home, so just be happy and keep flipping!

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Return it to Stern or your distro

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. Reach out to your distributor.

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Are we sure they haven’t always looked like this? Not trying to cast doubt, but when I look at my other stern playfields they look really similar with a closeup. I am going to grab pictures of all of them for comparison.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Think they all look like that. Mine does. Grainy and washed out colors.

#2095 3 years ago

there are a few TMNTs local and none of them have this washed out look so it's just bad PF batch idk

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Mine looks the same.

IMG_5623 (resized).jpgIMG_5623 (resized).jpg
#2097 3 years ago

Same as mine
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

[quoted image]

Just started showing up on mine as well. I’m buying some cliffy protectors now..

#2099 3 years ago

here is a pic of one local to me that's fine

received_312828716735312 (resized).jpegreceived_312828716735312 (resized).jpeg
#2100 3 years ago

Mine seems not so bad

DSC_0389 (resized).JPGDSC_0389 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/42?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.