(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 241.
#2001 3 years ago

Ok, I know I am going to get crucified for saying this, but I am considering buying a TMNT Premium. However, the game kinda has a PF layout similar to Munsters.. except with a 3rd flipper on the left-hand side. Am I nuts for thinking this? It kinda reminds me of how Spiderman is a take on AFM - just with a 3rd flipper.

There are obvious difference... Munsters has a scoop, a lower playfield, and a 180 loop for the right ramp..... TMNT has the ramp diverter and the 3rd flipper... but the general layout looks pretty similar.

Maybe I should just trade my Munsters LE for a TMNT Premium and find out for myself.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Now 3 wins would be 5M which is ok. But all 8 is 25M!

Please do this! I got to final battle for the first time today, and my score was nowhere near my GC. I feel like the further you get in the game by completing modes the higher points should be for sure. Especially if you complete the modes. Of course it's a huge challenge to implement fair score balancing, so I applaud your work so far

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It kinda reminds me of how Spiderman is a take on AFM - just with a 3rd flipper.

2nd time I’ve read this malarkey this week. Besides SR once saying the sandman bank and toy was a tribute to AFM, in what other way is SM alike AFM? The layouts aren’t the same at all.

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Please do this! I got to final battle for the first time today, and my score was nowhere near my GC. I feel like the further you get in the game by completing modes the higher points should be for sure. Especially if you complete the modes. Of course it's a huge challenge to implement fair score balancing, so I applaud your work so far

So beating the modes on this game doesn't result in higher scores? I hope that's fixed if so. Really takes away from the point of it doesn't

#2005 3 years ago

Pro finally came today
July 24 build
PF is flawless
Zero issues with game
Code updated perfect.

15968292768506772330402787539783 (resized).jpg15968292768506772330402787539783 (resized).jpg

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I used Green Imagination from Prismatic powders

Just the single color? No base or top coat?

#2007 3 years ago

Pro just arrived today, build date of yesterday. Flawless playfield and no issues after a dozen or so games. Fun game so far but not sure of its longevity, need to understand the rules better.

20200807_134139 (resized).jpg20200807_134139 (resized).jpg20200807_133757 (resized).jpg20200807_133757 (resized).jpg20200807_144950 (resized).jpg20200807_144950 (resized).jpg
#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So beating the modes on this game doesn't result in higher scores? I hope that's fixed if so. Really takes away from the point of it doesn't

Being the modes does give you more points, I was just saying for my situation the balance was a little off. For example: my GC score I got only to the team up. I would expect that if I got to final battle, my score would be much higher, but it was not.

#2009 3 years ago

I’ve seen a few sets of photos where the entire middle of the playfield, the vast majority of the field, is super dark, just like Jurassic Park. Noticing a strange lack of spotlights. Can anyone who owns one confirm that the playfield is again dark like JP? I am in for a TMNT Premium, so I won’t be able to see for myself until at least the end of August, if I’m lucky. Want to know if I should get some spotlights prepped.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Being the modes does give you more points, I was just saying for my situation the balance was a little off. For example: my GC score I got only to the team up. I would expect that if I got to final battle, my score would be much higher, but it was not.

Oh ok. Good to hear. Like others I'm trying to understand the rules on this one but it really has so much going for it.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

As you can see the number of wins goes from 800K to 5.5M. When I first thought about those numbers that seemed good. But now I think I agree. Its really hard for me to win more than 3 episodes on the really rare times I get to Final Battle.

I am thinking about these numbers:

Xaqery Do you generally win and lose the same episodes?

I haven't kept track of what I win and lose, but I might start just to see if I have patterns here

Rob

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I’ve seen a few sets of photos where the entire middle of the playfield, the vast majority of the field, is super dark, just like Jurassic Park. Noticing a strange lack of spotlights. Can anyone who owns one confirm that the playfield is again dark like JP? I am in for a TMNT Premium, so I won’t be able to see for myself until at least the end of August, if I’m lucky. Want to know if I should get some spotlights prepped.

I have JP and TMNT and I would say that JP is noticeably darker in the middle of the playfield. I actually didn’t have any issues playing TMNT last night in the dark which I cannot do on JP. There also don’t seem to be as many points in the TMMT where all the lights go dark which is fairly common on JP. If your dying to see a comparison I can take a couple photos tonight when it’s dark for a side by side comparison.

#2013 3 years ago

That’s some amazon level speed delivery.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Pro just arrived today, build date of yesterday. Flawless playfield and no issues after a dozen or so games. Fun game so far but not sure of its longevity, need to understand the rules better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Yes I play in a dark room and feel that the middle of the PF is dark. Different modes change this I think, only 8 games played. I will likely build another set of poormans stadium lights.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Just the single color? No base or top coat?

Yeah according to the application instructions no clear top coat is needed for this color. The illusion colors require a top coat of a clear to make their colors come out

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yes I play in a dark room and feel that the middle of the PF is dark. Different modes change this I think, only 8 games played. I will likely build another set of poormans stadium lights.

Not to say go ahead and buy but for me, I’m really happy with pinstadiums blur on this. No striping and I can see all of that great art. Compare that top Rick and Morty which is dark too but pins kill that effect.

#2017 3 years ago

Is anyone else having major issues with the 1.11 code? Updated today and several things are very broken. A different turtle shows up than the one you select, it doesn't advance to the next ball, then eventually it thinks the balls are all missing. Is there a way to downgrade?!?

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Is anyone else having major issues with the 1.11 code? Updated today and several things are very broken. A different turtle shows up than the one you select, it doesn't advance to the next ball, then eventually it thinks the balls are all missing. Is there a way to downgrade?!?

Are you sure you loaded the correct code? ( pro prem/LE?) ?

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure you loaded the correct code? ( pro prem/LE?) ?

In fact that is exactly what I did. Thank you for pointing out my very rookie error.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

In fact that is exactly what I did. Thank you for pointing out my very rookie error.

haha I did this for the first time last year and I’ve been around a while. No sweat it. Funny how it works. I’ve seen others mistaken load the wrong game onto a completely different game.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

If it makes you feel better, today I had to show my kid and his friend that a drill goes two ways... they couldn't figure out why the screw wasn't going in.

#2022 3 years ago

Got my pro today. Not quite sure what I’m doing, but are multiballs supposed to be easy to start? They seem to start pretty quick at times. I don’t see points being awarded so I don’t think I have any phantom switch/opto hits.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today. Not quite sure what I’m doing, but are multiballs supposed to be easy to start? They seem to start pretty quick at times. I don’t see points being awarded so I don’t think I have any phantom switch/opto hits.

One is after a few right ramps (less if Donny). The other is also easy to start at the van. Not sure how to light locks.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The trick is to try and start one of them only when you just start a mode so the mode becomes much easier. It's hard when you're Donatello, but a trick I found is to start the 123 combo and then collect the right ramp which will not start the multi-ball. Then you can start it during a mode.

#2025 3 years ago

Ok... So I finally got the correct LE 1.11 code installed as a Full Install. Now I am getting the scores ending in non "0" numbers. This definitely does not seem correct and the matches now do not work. See pic. Anyone else notice something like this?

0807202126_HDR (resized).jpg0807202126_HDR (resized).jpg
#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Ok... So I finally got the correct LE 1.11 code installed as a Full Install. Now I am getting the scores ending in non "0" numbers. This definitely does not seem correct and the matches now do not work. See pic. Anyone else notice something like this?
[quoted image]

Having the exact same issue. Don’t know if it has a TNA-esque scoring for the 1’s column now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Having the exact same issue. Don’t know if it has a TNA-esque scoring for the 1’s column now.

I believe it's an error with the bonus calculation. Each bonus calculates a 1 at the end which add up to 3 in most games without any extra balls.

#2028 3 years ago

Also “Dad, I didn’t say you couldn’t. I said you shouldn’t!”

DD6C87EC-BB31-4492-B460-F7457E52FD72 (resized).pngDD6C87EC-BB31-4492-B460-F7457E52FD72 (resized).png

#2029 3 years ago

Finally unboxed my ninja turtles, and loving the game... BUT STERN QUALITY CONTROL IS TOTAL BS GARBAGE!!!!!!
At first, the balls were not spitting out.... ran tests ad diagnostics, but could not figure out what was wrong... then I lift playfield, and one of the 2 wires for the ball feeder is NOT EVEN SOLDERED... WHAT THE FRAK!!!!!! $6k, and you cant even playtest my damn game, or check if it works? There is no way they could have played a single game to test, without the game being able to feed balls.

Then, as I play with my son, something happens by the pizza multi-ball lock, were 4 balls get stuck in there, and they don't come out! Waiting, tilting or even one reboot did not fix the issue.... had to restart 2 times more for ti to finally release the balls.

Awesome Game, but damn.. stern sucks balls!

Ill post pics of the unsoldered wire later for reference

20200807_213839 (resized).jpg20200807_213839 (resized).jpg
#2030 3 years ago

So here is the first cut of my custom music (pro model). Has original theme, tmnt original movie and tmnt arcades (1 and 2). Even has vanilla ice go ninja for ninja mb! Still have a few more songs to add but it’s really coming along!

When it’s ready I’ll prob take the same approach as Tim from JP2 so just pm me if interested.

And I’ve been asked about donations..... thanks but I’m not accepting any. Just happy to help. Cheers

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

[quoted image]

I have not seen this on my LE, but I'm sure Xaqery will know where the issue is. It's ironic because Lyman had the same kind of bug in Elvira recently and it was from the Trailer Trash mode.

Oh I know why I never saw it. I downloaded 1.11, but got so busy this week I didn't install it.

Rob

#2032 3 years ago

The fact that Stern thought the pizza motor was exceptable just blows my mind.

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

The fact that Stern thought the pizza motor was exceptable just blows my mind.

Agreed. Mine was noisy but whatever day 1-2. Now on day 3 it’s concerning how loud it is. Grinding like crazy. Got lithium grease tonight to try to address tomorrow per a few pages ago.

#2035 3 years ago

just had some funny moments, don't know if it was posted before:

theme song in some different languages:

#2036 3 years ago

Lol.. 7:35 is just perfect.
Need this one for our pin

#2037 3 years ago

....also posted this on the tilt forum:

I did some testing with the glass off (Standard Gameplay Mode).

You get 1 Extra Ball by starting your second episode.
You get 1 Extra Ball by shooting one of the two Pizza Slice targets 14 times.

The setting “Auto” for Extra Balls seems not to be dynamic as seen on other games (thank you). So in total you can only get two Extra Balls, please let me know if you find more!

Pizza Slice rewards:

+7 pieces = Pizza eating contest
+7 pieces = Extraball
…and so on…

Slices can only collected between modes, not during 123, weapon, april, training, team up or turtle power mb. Slices collected during Pizza Multiball or Eating contest will not add up for the slice rewards but you will see it displayed on the screen.

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I agree with some of your points and I am considering the rest. Today you get a bonus at the start of Final Battle for all the episodes. You get 100K for not completing them but if you complete them you get an increasing amount of points per episode completed Starting at 250K. It currently looks like this:
[quoted image]
As you can see the number of wins goes from 800K to 5.5M. When I first thought about those numbers that seemed good. But now I think I agree. Its really hard for me to win more than 3 episodes on the really rare times I get to Final Battle.
I am thinking about these numbers:
[quoted image]
Now 3 wins would be 5M which is ok. But all 8 is 25M!

Wow look at that spread sheet now that’s dedication ! I am loving the rules and everything else about this game . I think it needs some tweaks but once it’s finished , and it’s close , will be one of the best ever .

My biggest issue seems to be getting into episodes as much as I would like guess o need to get better at not starting othering things first

Xaqery I will say I’d love to see just a touch more use of the diverter on the LE/Prem need to keep those pro guys from bashing my LE purchase on this one

#2039 3 years ago

Can’t you use the diverter anytime you want on the LE?

#2040 3 years ago

I'm assuming there is not supposed to be a connector for this plug on the trough board. It's a different board than on my ehoh, which doesn't have this extra plug.

IMG_20200808_072141~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_072141~2 (resized).jpg
#2041 3 years ago

Here some Pictures of our custom Speaker Panel.
Actually we sell it only in combination with the Airbrush Kit from us.

https://vinci-airbrush.de/Pinball-Airbrush-Kits

Speaker Panel is 199.- extra, with Lighting 289.-
I have actually only 2 sets on stock.

Here a Video with a RGB Lighting Programm.
https://www.facebook.com/100008313660321/videos/2766991403587955/

117223782_2766991563587939_8704319528853975685_o (resized).jpg117223782_2766991563587939_8704319528853975685_o (resized).jpg117228376_2766991513587944_3327080962753216867_o (resized).jpg117228376_2766991513587944_3327080962753216867_o (resized).jpg117245317_2766991546921274_8832281566472807373_o (resized).jpg117245317_2766991546921274_8832281566472807373_o (resized).jpg
#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ok, I know I am going to get crucified for saying this, but I am considering buying a TMNT Premium. However, the game kinda has a PF layout similar to Munsters.. except with a 3rd flipper on the left-hand side. Am I nuts for thinking this? It kinda reminds me of how Spiderman is a take on AFM - just with a 3rd flipper.
There are obvious difference... Munsters has a scoop, a lower playfield, and a 180 loop for the right ramp..... TMNT has the ramp diverter and the 3rd flipper... but the general layout looks pretty similar.
Maybe I should just trade my Munsters LE for a TMNT Premium and find out for myself.

As someone who has a Munsters Premium and a TMNT LE, they may seem to have a similar PF layout, but they play radically different (no pun intended). Munsters can be fast, but compared to Turtles it is SLOW. The biggest comparison between the two is the punishment for missed ramps. In fact, I would say my Munsters scores have gone up since picking up my TMNT LE. Code & Progression for Turtles is above and beyond what we get for Munsters. There are so many different combination shots of ramps and different objectives to go for. Unlike Munsters where say, you have done all 4 members and just have to do SPOT, it feels like options are limited. Turtles has 10 different things you could be going for at any given time.

So while the PF may appear similar, I can't stress just how different these two play.

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

As someone who has a Munsters Premium and a TMNT LE, they may seem to have a similar PF layout, but they play radically different (no pun intended). Munsters can be fast, but compared to Turtles it is SLOW. The biggest comparison between the two is the punishment for missed ramps. In fact, I would say my Munsters scores have gone up since picking up my TMNT LE. Code & Progression for Turtles is above and beyond what we get for Munsters. There are so many different combination shots of ramps and different objectives to go for. Unlike Munsters where say, you have done all 4 members and just have to do SPOT, it feels like options are limited. Turtles has 10 different things you could be going for at any given time.
So while the PF may appear similar, I can't stress just how different these two play.

- start episode
- 2 multiballs
- 3 hurry ups (123, weapon and april)
- training
- mini wizard modes (team ups)
- wizard mode

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Thank you! This is exactly the type of response I was looking for!

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm assuming there is not supposed to be a connector for this plug on the trough board. It's a different board than on my ehoh, which doesn't have this extra plug.
[quoted image]

Pros 6 balls prem 8 balls

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t you use the diverter anytime you want on the LE?

Not anytime. I believe when the button is purple you can use it

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Not anytime. I believe when the button is purple you can use it

Isn’t it lit at almost all times? I feel like the couple times I played it move pretty much any time I hit it.

#2048 3 years ago

FYI this happened after 600 balls coming out of the trough with the minimum power of 167 and Mylar in place.
This is a total joke. I just saw it because my shooterlane protector just arrived (not available before) and i wanted to install it.
Afraid of the poor PF quality i checked the left and right ball feed of the ramps... i did protect only one side, the other side started to chip already too so i added 2 layers of Mylar there. I am afraid what comes next. The dimpling is very present, this will look ugly as f... in a few months.

I am shocked about the soft wood/clearcoat combo, wondering why noone has mentioned chipping until now, time will tell. From the first day i tried to protect my game as good as possible.

IMG_20200808_145216 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_145216 (resized).jpg
#2049 3 years ago

My pro is being delivered in the next hour or so and I had a couple of questions. I downloaded both 1.11 sdk files on the usb stock so should I do a quick or full update? Also, what does the action button do on the pro? I know it’s used for the diverter on the premium/le, but didn’t see what it does on this one. I’m excited to finally get it, but I’m also nervous about what issues I might run into based on the comments of others on here.... first nib and I’m thinking about buying another nib soon so This will determine if it will be another stern or not...

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

My pro is being delivered in the next hour or so and I had a couple of questions. I downloaded both 1.11 sdk files on the usb stock so should I do a quick or full update? Also, what does the action button do on the pro? I know it’s used for the diverter on the premium/le, but didn’t see what it does on this one. I’m excited to finally get it, but I’m also nervous about what issues I might run into based on the comments of others on here.... first nib and I’m thinking about buying another nib soon so This will determine if it will be another stern or not...

Quick update should be fine. Full is only if there is something wrong and you need to do a full delete and reinstall. I'd be curious to see if you are having the same scoring issue with 1.11 that I am on the LE. The bonus adds a 1 to the end which shouldn't happen. Regarding the action button on the Pro, pretty sure it's just for the pizza eating contest and also another option to launch the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/41?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.