(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 242.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone having any issues with their node boards after installing the new code update?

I don't think 1.11 had any system update so node boards would not have changed. But, there is possibly a bug if you leave the coin door open as the game powers up you will get a node boards missing error. So, don't have the coin door open when you turn on the game, or pull the interlock switch.

You could also be a bit more specific as to what you are alluding to? I have not had any problems with my LE.

Rob

#1902 3 years ago

So my pizza was grinding, so I turned it off for the last 6-7 days (had my le for almost 3 weeks now) after updating code yesterday I turned it back on today, let some teenagers play like 10 games, then I played 5 or 6 games and zero grindage, it looks like the pizza is spinning a bit slower as well (which is good imo), is it possible they slowed it down in the new code? Or like how would it of remedied itself? My guess is it’ll start happening again after 40-50 games just like when it was new,but I hope not if so,I’ll grease those washers I guess

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If people are so enamored with AFM, then why do these same people blast ST that is basically an updated AFM, with much deeper code, by the same designer???

There is a simple answer, AFM is much better than STh. I think STh is fun but it has a lot of mechanical issues and everything about it from sound to layout is worse. STh isn't even the best AFM clone as Spiderman and many others are better in my opinion.

I also think AFM is still beloved because of the humor. MM and AFM are both very charming with more personality than most modern pins.

#1904 3 years ago

I did an Extra Ball LED mod, works great but i have had to cut a plastic behind the turtle van for it, so that the light comes through.
You can't just simply attach the cable to the LED of the EB light because its a LED board with more connection to it. (connection +5V and LED2 are the right ones).

1 (1).gif1 (1).gif1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg
#1905 3 years ago

Anyone knows how Extraballs works in this game? I only know you get them for episodes and with the standard setting you are getting them like random...

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did an Extra Ball LED mod, works great but i have had to cut a plastic behind the turtle van for it, so that the light comes through.
You can't just simply attach the cable to the LED of the EB light because its a LED board with more connection to it. (connection +5V and LED2 are the right ones).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!!

#1907 3 years ago

How the hell can you justify rating a game you have never played?

#1908 3 years ago

Put in some speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com really like how these things turned out. Very impressed with all the modes you can choose from and the diy settings.

20200805_191940 (resized).jpg20200805_191940 (resized).jpg
#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I haven’t rated stranger things yet (code isn’t done) and I’ve played it 1200 times. Haha

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t rated stranger things yet (code isn’t done) and I’ve played it 1200 times. Haha

When do you sleep?!? That is quite impressive!

#1911 3 years ago

Is there an official fix for the turtle diverter hitting the plastic ramp? I've noticed it. I tried to get in there and remove the screws to put in a piece of metal but I can't get at them with a normal screwdriver. Am I missing something?

#1912 3 years ago

I'm looking to obtain the clearest version of the OG tmnt theme so I can inject into the code. Pm me if you have good suggestions or know where. Thanks

My game will be here today

#1913 3 years ago

My (pro) arrived yesterday, Great Gameplay A+, It is fast and flowing. Will be able to put a lot more games on it tonight after work . But from first 10 games or so, All around great game.

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Is there an official fix for the turtle diverter hitting the plastic ramp? I've noticed it. I tried to get in there and remove the screws to put in a piece of metal but I can't get at them with a normal screwdriver. Am I missing something?

Search within this thread using the find in topic link up top. You need to tighten a bit that holds that diverter. Lots of posts on it. No modification to the game necessary.

#1915 3 years ago

Anyone else getting left in the dark regarding the shipping company or tracking info? I got a confirmation email from my distributor saying it shipped Monday but didn't get any other info even though I had asked. Just wondering if this is the standard when waiting for NIB Stern games.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Anyone else getting left in the dark regarding the shipping company or tracking info? I got a confirmation email from my distributor saying it shipped Monday but didn't get any other info even though I had asked. Just wondering if this is the standard when waiting for NIB Stern games.

Mine just showed up in driveway !
Drop shipped from stern thru pilot air recived bill Of lading in email was expecting a phone call so I could be home when delivered but at least it had no damage!!!

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Mine just showed up in driveway !
Drop shipped from stern thru pilot air recived bill Of lading in email was expecting a phone call so I could be home when delivered but at least it had no damage!!!

Thanks! Cool, as long as it's not raining. They weren't joking when they said curbside delivery.

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I want to share my game experience and the modifications I made for damage prevention, in hope this helps and saves you some time. (TMNT PRO)
ADD WASHERS:
Add washers under every ballguide where its needed, its like on every other new stern machine - the metal guide will work its way through the clear coat into the wood, causing the clear coat to chip. This will cost you the most time but its essential, since it can just take a few games until damage is done. 2-4 seconds with a hot air gun on the already existing pooling on the clear coat will be enough to flaten it out before you add the washers. I use metal washers but there are other options too. Make sure the washers inside diameter is a littlebit bigger than the threaded rod, since the rods get thicker on one side and can cause space between the washer and the ball guide itslef. I did not photograph every ball guide, so try to understand where those washers are needed. Only add them where a threaded pole is attached and under the brackets of the ball guides.
HINT: take alot of fotos when you disassemble the game.
LAIR SHOT:
The edge of the ballguide stands out too far and can cause damage to the balls and sharp metal pieces which will cause damage on you PF. Remove the guide, its easily bent with your hands. It will also bend the opposite side of the ball guide a little bit, but it will not affect the ball there.
BALL FEED LEFT RAMP ( = left inlane exit):
Add Mylar there, they forgot it and I bet it wont take long to cause damage in this vulnerable area!
BALL FEED CENTER RAMP ( = right inlane exit):
Also add Myler at the ramp exit where the ball drops on the inlane
BALL FEED RIGHT RAMP ( = upper flipper feed):
The ramp is attached with 2 screws. Loosen them up and push the ramp as far as you can to the left side and tighten the screws again. This helps to get a more consistent feed to the upper flipper.
PIZZA SPINNER:
Make sure its leveled as flat as possible. For adjustment loosen up those 2 big hex head screws (very tight, take care).
The spinner is loud from factory, mine took about 30 games until it really started screaming. I added a little bit of Lithium grease on those two white plastic washers, this solved the grinding noise issue.
BALL TROUGH AND SHOOTER LANE:
Reduce the trough eject power to the lowest setting to prevent shooter lane clear coat chipping. If the ball doesn't make it up into the shooter lane, increase the power step by step. Make sure to protect the ball trough and shooter lane with mylar or some kind of protector. Practice has shown those areas can be damaged after just a few games.
UPPER FLIPPER:
If you have alot of airballs or cant hit the Krang Kombo, reduce the flipper power in the settings, this has helped me.
I also see a problem there with the ball feed since the metal guide is not aligned with the flipper, maybe leading to unconsistent shots, I will investigate this further.
GAME FLOW HINT:
You can make the full orbit shot for every manual AND auto launch when pressing the left flipper button at the time where the ball leaves the shooter lane. This way you avoid the slow Pop Bumpers and make the Krang Kombo or nice and fast on-the-fly shots to the right orbit or ramp (Katanarama style). You also can do a loop pass or live catch (hard). Caution, the extra ball speed from on-the-fly shots is potentially destructive for the right ramp, so i made a airball protector for it.
Lair fix:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Mylar at left Ramp feed
[quoted image]
Pizza Mech
[quoted image]
Left ramp screw and ball guide fix
[quoted image]
Added washers images
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Upper flipper feed gap
[quoted image]
Airball Protector DIY
[quoted image]
Here is a guide from hurryup pinball on how to install the mylar:

Awesome work. Thank you for posting.

Just looking at the lair shot and the metal bracket behind the flipper.

I notice it travels along the side rail on the playfield and then turns a right angle to the flipper. I noticed above this is the plastic with a gi lamp underneath. But there is a fair bit of room between this metal bracket and the light. If this metal bracket had a inverted cup or dome shape so the ball could travel up further would this cause less bounce outs? Or is the bouncing happening more off the side rail. Just wondering if we could make the space bigger to catch the ball rather than rebound.

Maybe a modder could come up with something?

Almost would have been good to have a magnet in there to catch the ball...

Any ideas?

#1919 3 years ago

Has anyone looked into retrofitting the Pro model with the Krang figure from Premium/LE? I know it moves up and down so that part is unlikely, and I don't see the part listed for sale (yet), so it might be too early ask.

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Awesome work. Thank you for posting.
Just looking at the lair shot and the metal bracket behind the flipper.
I notice it travels along the side rail on the playfield and then turns a right angle to the flipper. I noticed above this is the plastic with a gi lamp underneath. But there is a fair bit of room between this metal bracket and the light. If this metal bracket had a inverted cup or dome shape so the ball could travel up further would this cause less bounce outs? Or is the bouncing happening more off the side rail. Just wondering if we could make the space bigger to catch the ball rather than rebound.
Maybe a modder could come up with something?
Almost would have been good to have a magnet in there to catch the ball...
Any ideas?

Backhanding it from the left flipper from a slight roll works really good. It’s a tricky shot,I don’t even try to forehand it anymore ,but if you do it’s essential to let down the upper flipper to trap it in there, it’s very difficult timing,but very possible!! Anybody’s pizza stop grinding with the new update ? Or is this just wishful thinking,I could swear mine has slowed down and stopped grinding after installing new code, but is that the case? Or just a matter of time before it starts grinding again?

#1921 3 years ago

has anyone had any glider servo failures on their LE? we have a new glider assembly coming on Monday from Stern, but right now we're just wanting to try swapping out the servo and was wondering if anyone has done so with success.

tried the Zoskay DS3218 that had been linked earlier in the thread and it seemed to work at first when we tested it without being connected to the glider, but for some reason stopped when everything was assembled.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I agree with that. I have watched every single video on TMNT that exists (not really but close). I have read all forums posts regarding TMNT and I'm saving my review until my machine arrives next week. Just saying I would buy a game I've never played, before I would review a game I've never played.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks! Cool, as long as it's not raining. They weren't joking when they said curbside delivery.
As a follow up, I called Pilot Air but there is no record of a shipment coming to my address. I guess it could be another shipping company.

Even though I ordered my TMNT PRO a few weeks ago, for some reason it went from Stern (Chicago) to the distributor (Georgia) and now it's being shipped to my house (California) using Roadrunnner freight which kinda scares me based on reviews I've seen of Roadrunner Freight. My closest distributor wanted $500 more than the guy in Georgia, and I would have had to drive 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Even though I ordered my TMNT PRO a few weeks ago, for some reason it went from Stern (Chicago) to the distributor (Georgia) and now it's being shipped to my house (California) using Roadrunnner freight which kinda scares me based on reviews I've seen of Roadrunner Freight. My closest distributor wanted $500 more than the guy in Georgia, and I would have had to drive 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

Wow! Kind of a nerve-wrecking experience having these games delivered.

I called Stern Sales and they reassured me that my distributor is excellent and always comes through for his customers. I'm just going to trust the process at this point. Fingers crossed.

#1925 3 years ago

So any other ideas of what to put on the pro where that glider is on the prem/le? I know a glider is available to add on but it really does block your view which is another reason for the pro. Something less bulky. You guys are much more creative than me. Any thoughts?

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I agree with that. I have watched every single video on TMNT that exists (not really but close). I have read all forums posts regarding TMNT and I'm saving my review until my machine arrives next week. Just saying I would buy a game I've never played, before I would review a game I've never played.

For games, i feel like you need many many hours on it before you can review it. Pinball or video games.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Classic Game Rooms?

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So any other ideas of what to put on the pro where that glider is on the prem/le? I know a glider is available to add on but it really does block your view which is another reason for the pro. Something less bulky. You guys are much more creative than me. Any thoughts?

Have you played an le or premium? I don’t feel it blocks my view on my LE. It’s not that big or blocky and the spot it’s at your not really missing anything for the area it does block

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Have you played an le or premium? I don’t feel it blocks my view on my LE. It’s not that big or blocky and the spot it’s at your not really missing anything for the area it does block

It kind of blocks the Episode insert and I don't like that either. I mean the Episode insert is 20% of the size of the Ninja Pizza Parlor insert for some reason and that doesn't help.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have (helicon brew has both). It def blocks vs pro. Not enough where I would say pass on the prem/le alone (there are much more reasons for that) although I wasn't anticipating all of the issues that glider diverter would bring along with it too!

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

has anyone had any glider servo failures on their LE? we have a new glider assembly coming on Monday from Stern, but right now we're just wanting to try swapping out the servo and was wondering if anyone has done so with success.
tried the Zoskay DS3218 that had been linked earlier in the thread and it seemed to work at first when we tested it without being connected to the glider, but for some reason stopped when everything was assembled.

I have been having issues with the glider not moving fast enough to catch the ball coming from left ramp when needed to. I did a calibration before 1.1 code and it worked good for a bit then 1.1 came out and in settings it wouldnt allow to calibrate. Havent checked again since 1.1 came out.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It kind of blocks the Episode insert and I don't like that either. I mean the Episode insert is 20% of the size of the Ninja Pizza Parlor insert for some reason and that doesn't help.

Ah, yep, That I could see. I usually hear them say episode is ready to hit it

Quoted from delt31:

I have (helicon brew has both). It def blocks vs pro. Not enough where I would say pass on the prem/le alone (there are much more reasons for that) although I wasn't anticipating all of the issues that glider diverter would bring along with it too!

Gotcha, I didn’t think about the episode insert either.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Search within this thread using the find in topic link up top. You need to tighten a bit that holds that diverter. Lots of posts on it. No modification to the game necessary.

Interesting you say there is no issue other than tightening nut.

First, I have tried to tighten nut and saw no change. I guess I'm not tightening it enough? It seemed to not change, but maybe I haven't tightened long enough. Seems like it's just spinning and not getting tighter.

Second, I put in ticket to Stern and they said their engineering is working on a permanent fix. If this wasn't an issue, would they not have said to just tighten the nut?

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Interesting you say there is no issue other than tightening nut.
First, I have tried to tighten nut and saw no change. I guess I'm not tightening it enough? It seemed to not change, but maybe I haven't tightened long enough. Seems like it's just spinning and not getting tighter.
Second, I put in ticket to Stern and they said their engineering is working on a permanent fix. If this wasn't an issue, would they not have said to just tighten the nut?

Stern doesn’t always find the same results as us. I don’t have the game nor have dealt with this issue, but with my experience with STH, we took the notes stern gave us and improved them to fully fix the issue for good.

And as always there is more than one way to skin a cat.

All I know is Ive seen multiple people in this thread fix this issue by making sure that diverter is installed correctly and tightly.

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I could never justify rating a game that I haven't spent enough time on to fully understand the rules and strategy, let alone just played.

Seems like some put too much value on theme as well. I have no interest in EHOH as a theme, but I thought the game was great! The theme would, in part, just keep me from buying it. I'm okay giving props to a game I won't ever own.

Hoping to get my TMNT this week, been a long wait.

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Iam leaving mine just the way it is!

#1937 3 years ago

Anyone by chance have an extra LE flyer for TMNT

stern is out and wanted one to display with my game

Message me if you are able to assist

Thanks

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone by chance have an extra LE flyer for TMNT
stern is out and wanted one to display with my game
Message me if you are able to assist
Thanks

This banner? I messaged Flip N Out awhile back and they had one. Should be arriving today actually.

banner (resized).pngbanner (resized).png
#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

This banner? I messaged Flip N Out awhile back and they had one. Should be arriving today actually.
[quoted image]

How much was that?

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much was that?

$144 total after shipping.

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

This happened with my purchase as well. Not a shred of information till R+L called saying they had the game and wanted to schedule delivery.

Quoted from mahony:

I haul LTL(Less than Truckload) freight for a living and I can personally tell you Roadrunner is by far the worse trucking company to freight by. If a distro tells me they use Roadrunner i take my money somewhere else with the quickness. Word of advice It is ALWAYS better to pay more for better shipping or insurance.

#1942 3 years ago

So I received my game and edit - both sets were attached. Keys all good

20200806_152014 (resized).jpg20200806_152014 (resized).jpg

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I received my game but the keys on the shooter rod don't work on the coindoor! Just backbox. I'm thinking they attached the wrong keys!
Anyone come across this with tmnt? I tried all the other Stern keys I have no dice. Any thoughts? Lock says f43
[quoted image]

3 days from now, it'll be the next owners problem anyway.

#1944 3 years ago

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to be up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

Always have your game on the most up to date code.

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to be up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

I will say Stern was very responsive and helpful when I had this issue early on and I've been staying positive about it.

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

did your servo die on you? glider just stopped working all of a sudden? did you try swapping out the servo first or did you just wait for the glider assembly? please keep us posted on how the swap goes. thanks.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

did your servo die on you? glider just stopped working all of a sudden? did you try swapping out the servo first or did you just wait for the glider assembly? please keep us posted on how the swap goes. thanks.

Yea, servo died and glider would only move to the left position, I think it was getting the command to center yet because every 10 seconds or so the machine servo would jerk and this caused the back 1/3 of lights to go out, and also seemed like the pizza wheel would also jerk, I think this is from a power issue of the servo not responding properly and the board cycling power for safety reasons is my uneducated guess. I decided to leave the game off until this repair was made in case this would damage the electronics at all. Emailed distributor and stern with some videos of issue and their recommendation was to swap in a new glider assembly as that was already "calibrated" I don't know if its a servo that is continuous rotation or just limited so my guess is that should be in certain position to start in reference to the assembly for "calibration" I would have tried swapping a servo but I wasn't in a super hurry with some other stuff going on right now, although I am looking forward to getting this fixed and getting the game up and running. If it happens again I think that would be the faster option and potentially much cheaper if the glider was out of warranty. Will post later tonight after swap with any other findings.

#1949 3 years ago

Just delivered! No issues. I only got to play a few games so far- shoots amazing!

300A1F77-5E19-42EB-9644-A6A982BB8AE0 (resized).jpeg300A1F77-5E19-42EB-9644-A6A982BB8AE0 (resized).jpeg
#1950 3 years ago

Dumb question here but I'm still waiting for my premium and it will be my first pinball machine. When you install the latest code does that install all the previous code updates as well or do you have to install every new code (if that makes sense)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/39?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.