(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 241.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Is it just me or does it seem like the medieval madness guys come out in force to keep anything else from being on top but a 30-year-old game I seen a rating of one on turtles that would’ve made it the worst game in history I don’t see how someone could hate it that much

You couldn’t give me a medieval madness.... boring as batshit of a game.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve had issues with my clearcoat on my turtles and also on my Deadpool have contacted stern and waiting for a reply does not seem like they’re too quick to take care of anything
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am hearing that the new batch of Tmnt pros have pooling of clear as pictured. They have not fixed the issues with thinner clear.

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Is it just me or does it seem like the medieval madness guys come out in force to keep anything else from being on top but a 30-year-old game I seen a rating of one on turtles that would’ve made it the worst game in history I don’t see how someone could hate it that much

One person gave it a bad rating because of the issues out of the box. There is no category for that so not sure how you rate it low especially when they thought it was a great game.

For new pins it might be a good idea to have a separate rating for quality. It could be completely separate to the 4 categories they have now since you can’t rate the older pins but it would be interesting to see.

#1804 3 years ago

Pinman502 The guide rail eating into the playfield has been an issue for lots of games. Cliffy makes a nub to protect it on LotR and Deadpool. I am surprised Stern isn’t putting a washer between the rail and playfield as that is a fix people use as well.

Sorry to see your issues and I hope Stern gets back to you.

#1805 3 years ago

I'm pretty torn at the moment. I want the features of a Prem/LE. The glider and turtle van especially. I'm not a huge fan of the Prem side art compared to the LE. And to get an LE i'll have to spend about $3K more and go to the used market.

#1806 3 years ago

Just got confirmation my Pro has shipped.

#1807 3 years ago

Got my LE and JP Premium delivered same day. Both great games, but find myself enjoying the JP more at this point. But I'm at the "don't know what I don't know" stage still. Think the TMNT ruleset is going to take me some time to get my head around.

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Got my LE and JP Premium delivered same day. Both great games, but find myself enjoying the JP more at this point. But I'm at the "don't know what I don't know" stage still. Think the TMNT ruleset is going to take me some time to get my head around.

Awesome day! Congrats! Two great pins

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just got confirmation my Pro has shipped.

Just received my shipping notification and tracking number for TMNT PRO this morning. I ordered mine on July 23rd. Tracking info has not updated. I'm guessing it drop shipped from Stern in IL. Now I just have to wait the week for it to reach me in California.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Just received my shipping notification and tracking number for TMNT PRO this morning. I ordered mine on July 23rd. Tracking info has not updated. I'm guessing it drop shipped from Stern in IL. Now I just have to wait the week for it to reach me in California.

Ordered June 2, not a peep. Guess I picked the wrong distributor... Looking forward to seeing pics of everyone else's here on the sideline.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Yeah the ruleset is still a bit confusing, not as bad as star wars but still up there. My biggest wish i'm hoping for is a setting in the options to have episodes lit at the start of a ball. Would relieve most of the frustrations of bricking shots trying to get stuff started and the left outlane less of a pain in the ass.

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Yeah the ruleset is still a bit confusing, not as bad as star wars but still up there. My biggest wish i'm hoping for is a setting in the options to have episodes lit at the start of a ball. Would relieve most of the frustrations of bricking shots trying to get stuff started and the left outlane less of a pain in the ass.

I'm sure you know this already, but start as Raphael, and you get the freebee episode to start the game. I like the idea of customizable rulesets in settings, but I'd like to point out how easy the game would be if that were the case. With only 4 episodes to get to the mini-wizard (Team-up), that would get you there in most games. I think one thing to really sit back and appreciate in this game is the risk/reward aspect of it. I like to personally get 3 episodes out of the way and then try and see if I can get "I want a body" done because I like the Team-up award for it (all turtles lit for save). Then I end up hitting the target to select modes and BAM I brick the shot and have to start over again. I know it's frustrating at times, but it would be boring if you could shoot-the-moon every game. By not forcing the episode objective in a per-ball fashion, they are also emphasizing the start awards for each turtle. It makes a fun distinction in picking your character, and I think the points are really balanced right now with the new code. So if you want to pick Donatello and just go for foot awards and multiball, you can do that.

There's meant to be a bit of mystery in rulesets. It promotes more play to really dig into it. I feel like this game is fairly straight-forward compared to other games. I can't wait until pinball competitions are started again, because I feel like this is a really fair and competitive game. There's a lot of orthogonal objectives which make it particularly interesting when playing in a competitive fashion.

As an addition to that comment, I really like the trend of adding a wizard mode to game select (which started w/Escape from Nublar in JP). It is a way for those tougher objectives to be seen and also gives the developers piece-of-mind that a large part of their work won't go unseen.

#1813 3 years ago

Late to the thread and have alot of reading to catch up on. This is the first new in box i have gotten and really enjoying the game.

20200708_210357 (resized).jpg20200708_210357 (resized).jpg20200715_202950 (resized).jpg20200715_202950 (resized).jpg
#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I'm sure you know this already, but start as Raphael, and you get the freebee episode to start the game. I like the idea of customizable rulesets in settings, but I'd like to point out how easy the game would be if that were the case. With only 4 episodes to get to the mini-wizard (Team-up), that would get you there in most games. I think one thing to really sit back and appreciate in this game is the risk/reward aspect of it. I like to personally get 3 episodes out of the way and then try and see if I can get "I want a body" done because I like the Team-up award for it (all turtles lit for save). Then I end up hitting the target to select modes and BAM I brick the shot and have to start over again. I know it's frustrating at times, but it would be boring if you could shoot-the-moon every game. By not forcing the episode objective in a per-ball fashion, they are also emphasizing the start awards for each turtle. It makes a fun distinction in picking your character, and I think the points are really balanced right now with the new code. So if you want to pick Donatello and just go for foot awards and multiball, you can do that.
There's meant to be a bit of mystery in rulesets. It promotes more play to really dig into it. I feel like this game is fairly straight-forward compared to other games. I can't wait until pinball competitions are started again, because I feel like this is a really fair and competitive game. There's a lot of orthogonal objectives which make it particularly interesting when playing in a competitive fashion.
As an addition to that comment, I really like the trend of adding a wizard mode to game select (which started w/Escape from Nublar in JP). It is a way for those tougher objectives to be seen and also gives the developers piece-of-mind that a large part of their work won't go unseen.

So many other games have that feature in the ruleset. Like for example Deadpool has it and it only takes 3 to get to the team up mini wizard. You don't have to enable the option i just think it would shore up some of the frustration of bricking shots to get things lit.

#1815 3 years ago

How do you switch episodes before you begin them?

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I ordered about the same time from my guy, Its coming and different carrier than usual so i think mine is drop shipping as well.

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

How do you switch episodes before you begin them?

shoot the 2x target.

Anyone can tell me how i get rid of the sticky residure on the backbox from the protective foil?
I tried isopropanol, soap and some kind of car clean rubber. nothing helps!

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shoot the 2x target.
Anyone can tell me how i get rid of the sticky residure on the backbox from the protective foil?

Goo gone. NOT Goof Off. Goo gone.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shoot the 2x target.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Goo gone. NOT Goof Off. Goo gone.

Yep, this plus a load of elbow grease.

15964923724635865614944692915747 (resized).jpg15964923724635865614944692915747 (resized).jpg
#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So many other games have that feature in the ruleset. Like for example Deadpool has it and it only takes 3 to get to the team up mini wizard. You don't have to enable the option i just think it would shore up some of the frustration of bricking shots to get things lit.

I find that very interesting and and an extremely cool feature. Could you please let me know which other pinball machines have those VS modes apart from Deadpool and TMNT?

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

How far of a drive is Stern's office from you?

TMNT's are on the line right now. Game is brand new & within return window. I'd look into returning the game or getting a new populated PF now rather than waiting (for nothing).

I do realize you bought it from a distro but they'd just ship it to Stern after you ship/deliver it to them so might as well take it there yourself.

#1822 3 years ago

Already contacted Stern they said it was nothing to worry about but they would make a memo and get back with them if chipping occurs

#1823 3 years ago

Starting to think pin side top 100 is a joke been noticing all the medieval Guys given medieval a 10 and turtles a one out of spite which is funny because some of them are rating the pro and the Le a one even though they probably have not even played it let alone both models even if the game was crap which it is not the artwork is incredible

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Already contacted Stern they said it was nothing to worry about but they would make a memo and get back with them if chipping occurs

Well now I know the answer I’ll get when I contact them tomorrow.

#1825 3 years ago

I’ve bought three new inboxes from stern in six months got a hold of them about my dead pool the first week I had it my supplier said they would go to bat for me on a new playfield unpopulated because I live in Louisville Kentucky and there is no one here to do maintenance or swap out a field that has been going on for five months still waiting to hear back from Pablo after sending them my serial number two times and pictures of the chipping on my play field they over tighten parts on the playfield before the clear coat is cured and it mashes it into the playfield causing ripples of the clear then when you hit guard rails with the ball the vibrations chip the field mine went into the graphics all I personally know is if they don’t do something about it I will definitely not be buying any more sterns

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Starting to think pin side top 100 is a joke been noticing all the medieval Guys given medieval a 10 and turtles a one out of spite which is funny because some of them are rating the pro and the Le a one even though they probably have not even played it let alone both models even if the game was crap which it is not the artwork is incredible

Pinside 100 been a joke for a long while. Medieval is a sheer masterpiece whether people hate it or not. No matter how many times that game gets rerun it'll sell out every time.

#1827 3 years ago

Did anybody else have an issue with the balls getting magnetized? After about 25 games i started noticing when i had multiple balls in the pizza shot the plunger would drop to let a ball out and nothing would move because they were stuck together. They were balls that came with the game so i changed them out but in all my sterns with Magnets this was a first for me. Love the game though

#1828 3 years ago

The magnet seems to be rough, my carbon steel balls have definitely started to magnetize but not sticking yet. Just got some polaris in to try to see if they can stay non magnetized.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Did anybody else have an issue with the balls getting magnetized? After about 25 games i started noticing when i had multiple balls in the pizza shot the plunger would drop to let a ball out and nothing would move because they were stuck together. They were balls that came with the game so i changed them out but in all my sterns with Magnets this was a first for me. Love the game though

I’ve never had issues with Titan Pinball’s standard pinballs at 1.10 a pop. Get those.

#1830 3 years ago

My distributor says their Pros are shipping this week and Premiums later this month. Cannot wait!

#1831 3 years ago

I finally managed to snag a nib pro! I was actually set to get an IMDN, but the wife and kid convinced me to see if any other sellers had a tmnt in stock before I pulled the trigger. Lucked out with the last place and got their last one.

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve bought three new inboxes from stern in six months got a hold of them about my dead pool the first week I had it my supplier said they would go to bat for me on a new playfield unpopulated because I live in Louisville Kentucky and there is no one here to do maintenance or swap out a field that has been going on for five months still waiting to hear back from Pablo after sending them my serial number two times and pictures of the chipping on my play field they over tighten parts on the playfield before the clear coat is cured and it mashes it into the playfield causing ripples of the clear then when you hit guard rails with the ball the vibrations chip the field mine went into the graphics all I personally know is if they don’t do something about it I will definitely not be buying any more sterns

How many plays approximately did it take to chip the playfield clear?

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Mine took less than 300 plays on my BM66

9547A867-692E-4963-834A-1E6712918A92 (resized).jpeg9547A867-692E-4963-834A-1E6712918A92 (resized).jpeg
#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My Deadpool started chipping from the first game it took one week to go through the clear to the graphics I believe it did it the worst because it’s the guide rail on the katana shot On the right of little Deadpool

#1835 3 years ago

Skateboarding in the sewer video mode needs to happen!!

#1836 3 years ago

Just finished some of the mods for Turtles. They are available in the Pinside store and on our website. We made Turtle shell action button covers. They come in each of the 4 colors of the turtles and come with a clear button with the extension added to it. Also we have Ooze for the shooter housing and coin door. The long Ooze for the speaker panel will be done soon as well. Many more mods to come to this amazing game.

IMG_6873 (resized).JPGIMG_6873 (resized).JPGIMG_6884 (resized).JPGIMG_6884 (resized).JPGIMG_6885 (resized).JPGIMG_6885 (resized).JPGIMG_6886 (resized).JPGIMG_6886 (resized).JPGIMG_6890 (resized).JPGIMG_6890 (resized).JPG
#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Just finished some of the mods for Turtles. They are available in the Pinside store and on our website. We made Turtle shell action button covers. They come in each of the 4 colors of the turtles and come with a clear button with the extension added to it. Also we have Ooze for the shooter housing and coin door. The long Ooze for the speaker panel will be done soon as well. Many more mods to come to this amazing game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!!

#1838 3 years ago

Just got confirmation my pro is shipping! COWABUNGA!

#1839 3 years ago

Just put my deposit down! Quite excited... My very first NIB game. Any idea when the next Stern batch will be

#1840 3 years ago

I'm going through swapping out the stock rubbers for Titan, and noticed something a bit odd. After looking at a few pictures in this thread, it looks like some games are built one way and others differently. Trying to figure out which is best/correct. Mine is an LE built on June 29th.

My game has a support bracket right under the turtle van door, and a different post there that it attaches to. Looks a bit like an afterthought (with the plastic resting partially on top of the screw head), and is different from the original press pictures. At first, I thought this just might be a Prem/LE thing to support that plastic during multiball. However, there seem to be other LE games that don't have that support bracket and use the original metal mini post. Perhaps it's just there as extra impact protection on that leading edge, like the raptor pit on JP?

It certainly would look better without it there. Any thoughts on how critical it is and whether or not the change is an addition or deletion?

tmnt_support (resized).jpgtmnt_support (resized).jpg

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Any thoughts on how critical it is and whether or not the change is an addition or deletion?
[quoted image]

Is the Michelangelo insert ghosting? Or is that a reflection?

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is the Michelangelo insert ghosting? Or is that a reflection?

Looks like crack. Weird.

#1843 3 years ago

While I appreciate everyone rushing to identify potential flaws, the insert is fine. It's just a reflection. This area is covered by the factory mylar, so that might be what you're seeing.

I'm plenty picky about playfield issues (and there are still a ton of them with bubbling at the ball guides and that star post up front), but the inserts and are all great.

IMG_20200804_104303 (resized).jpgIMG_20200804_104303 (resized).jpg
#1844 3 years ago

Made it 3 games in on my TMNT Pro before the left flipper stopped working. Figured it was a coil stop, but nope!

Tried swapping it out from my Iron Maiden for now, but then managed to strip the screw that holds the flipper.... FUCK. So pissed. A god damn gorilla must have screwed it down.

20200804_123548 (resized).jpg20200804_123548 (resized).jpg
#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I'm going through swapping out the stock rubbers for Titan, and noticed something a bit odd. After looking at a few pictures in this thread, it looks like some games are built one way and others differently. Trying to figure out which is best/correct. Mine is an LE built on June 29th.
My game has a support bracket right under the turtle van door, and a different post there that it attaches to. Looks a bit like an afterthought (with the plastic resting partially on top of the screw head), and is different from the original press pictures. At first, I thought this just might be a Prem/LE thing to support that plastic during multiball. However, there seem to be other LE games that don't have that support bracket and use the original metal mini post. Perhaps it's just there as extra impact protection on that leading edge, like the raptor pit on JP?
It certainly would look better without it there. Any thoughts on how critical it is and whether or not the change is an addition or deletion?
[quoted image]

Can't answer your question, but my July 1 build is the same as yours.

#1846 3 years ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Pinside. I am excitedly waiting for my Premium to ship. This will be my first Pinball machine ever! (I have 8 video arcade machines though). This thread has been very informative for me as a first time pin owner to give me things to look out for. Anyways I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to document findings and fixes here!!!!

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Pinside. I am excitedly waiting for my Premium to ship. This will be my first Pinball machine ever! (I have 8 video arcade machines though). This thread has been very informative for me as a first time pin owner to give me things to look out for. Anyways I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to document findings and fixes here!!!!

Awesome, welcome to the pinball world. Watch out, they multiply!

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I have 8 video arcade machines though

Quoted from Happy81724:

Awesome, welcome to the pinball world. Watch out, they multiply!

Lol, yup. In a year or three from now, his collection will be 8 pins + 1 MAME.

Welcome @royaljack!

#1849 3 years ago

New game code:

LE/PREMIUM V1.11 - August 4, 2020
=================================
Fixed:
- Fixed some issues where the display was causing the game to hang.
- Corrected spelling of Marshmallows in Instant Info and Ninja Pizza Multiball
- Fixed misspelling of BEBOP on episode introduction display.
- Ninja Pizza Multiball Ball Save timer was not being set correctly for
install HARD and EXTRA-HARD.
- Final Battle Ready had all turtle shots flashing instead of the left ramp.
This has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue during regular gameplay, if the final episode is complete and
Final Battle Ready is displayed, the ball will not eject if the Pizza
Parlor or Lair is the final shot.
- Fixed an issue where the pizza toppings would not get reset correctly in the
2nd plus games.

New:
- Added display effect for Extra ball is lit.
- Added lamp effect for starting Bebop or Rocksteady hurry-up in Final Battle
Phase 2
- Add Turtle Selection to Final Battle Challenge. Each Turtle will give a
different perk for the challenge mode:
- LEONARDO - 2X BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY AWARDS
- DONATELLO - 3X FOOT AWARDS
- RAPHAEL - EXTRA DAMAGE TO BOSSES
- MICHELAGELO - LIGHT BATTLE AGAIN
- Added rotating flasher background lamp effect while you have 2X or higher
playfield multiplier running.
- Added adjustment to stop the Turtles from cycling at the start of the game.
- Its called ALLOW TURTLES TO CYCLE.
- Its a YES NO type adjustment
- It defaults to YES.
- This is added to DIRECTOR INSTALL and then defaults to NO.
- Added a timed ball save for Phase 2 of Final Battle.
It features different ball save durations based on "Final Battle
Difficulty" setting,

Tweaked:
- Increased the scores for spelling APRIL and LAIR.
- Fixed the monospacing of some score fonts.
- Removed pizza toppings from display when playing Final Battle Challenge
- Removed skill shot reminder speech during Final Battle Challenge
- Increased the max points for the Glider feature
- Changed Turtle Power Difficulty from a number to EASY/MEDIUM/HARD
EASY = 3 shots, MEDIUM = 4 shots, HARD = 5 shots
The number of required shots will increment by 1 each time Turtle Power
Multiball is played afterward.
- Install presets now change Final Battle Difficulty adjustment
- Final Battle Challenge adjustment was labelled incorrectly
- Adjusted the min and max the glider can travel.
- Adjusted the min and max the glider can be calibrated.
- Made it so if you pick LEO and you make your skill shot you will receive
your skill shot and you will start Training on that same shot.
- Added spinner flasher to the light sweeps in the game.
- Added left disc flasher to the game over lamp effect.
- Changed some of the text in Instant Info.
- Changed Instant Info Pizza topping page to show one topping instead of the
current amount the player has.
- Changed Bonus held from holding the pre-multiplied amount to hold it all and
then adding it to the total for the next ball.

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol, yup. In a year or three from now, his collection will be 8 pins + 1 MAME.
Welcome royaljack!

Haha....that’s what I did. Went from 3 Arcade’s to 1 mame and 10 pins

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/37?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.