(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 241.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper ?? [quoted image]

A giant one of those that moves and follows the ball (simply, like moving to the shooter lane when waiting for the next ball, then centering on you when it launches) and turns red when things happen in the game would be cool, but I really like that TMNT marquee one someone made. That looked GREAT, even though it was essentially just duplicating what was on the backglass.

#1702 3 years ago

Hi Folks

I know the game is new but ....

Has anyone setup an LE next to a Pro

And can you justify the price bump

For a Prem vs a Pro

Are the rules solid enough where the Pro stands alone or is the premium/le the true way this game is to be enjoyed

If there a poll or thread someone might of started

This is going to be my next pin and wanted to get some honest info

I know some titles the “loaded” field is king and other titles the “stripped” field is just as pleasing

Thanks

#1703 3 years ago

Just bought the glider from mezel. Looks decent. Now I just need the damn pin.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0342/1649/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-glider-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1596072512

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Cmon now. I enjoy games from both companies but lift a Stern than a dialed in and tell me that's the same build quality..... And it's not the tv.

I'd certainly hate to play TMNT with DI flippers.

Rob

#1705 3 years ago

I had mixed feelings about the diverter, but I actually kind of like it. The jet woosh sound is great! I've barely scratched the rules in limited play time, but am really enjoying my LE so far. The layout is fun and the upper left flipper really adds another level of challenge to the game without being frustrating. Light show, sounds and LCD display are top notch! Dwight has also done a great job programming the game!

Rob

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper ?? [quoted image]

No, it looks like the Technodrome toy I had in the 90s. In fact a quick google just confirmed it is the toy from the 90s.

Hopefully John is using it as inspiration and like Vic said they make a mechanical topper of the technodrome with the eye following you and Krang/shredder commenting on your play insulting you.

#1707 3 years ago

If I had enough room for a topper, I'd go for this one .
More pics on their FB (https://www.facebook.com/rbflipfrance/) (not sure where the topper is available)

110842767_313284433381947_1738959113508671081_o (resized).jpg110842767_313284433381947_1738959113508671081_o (resized).jpg

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

If I had enough room for a topper, I'd go for this one .
More pics on their FB (https://www.facebook.com/rbflipfrance/) (not sure where the topper is available)
[quoted image]

That topper is awesome. Stern will be lucky to improve on that IMO.

#1709 3 years ago

Good to hear a few Pro's starting to ship. Patiently waiting. Sort of.

Hopefully get word in the not too distant future.

#1710 3 years ago

Hope to see some Pro's shipped in Canada!

#1711 3 years ago

Few things that are stopping me from buying either are;
1) The Theme. Like turtles, just not TNMT
2) The audio package is above annoying
3) The layout and features all seem too familiar, and better utilized on the other games (spinning disc on Avengers LE)
But really too early to judge
My two cents

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

3) The layout and features all seem too familiar, and better utilized on the other games (spinning disc on Avengers LE)
My two cents

so why comment?

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi Folks
I know the game is new but ....
For a Prem vs a Pro
Are the rules solid enough where the Pro stands alone or is the premium/le the true way this game is to be enjoyed
Thanks

I have a Pro and planned to upgrade to a Premium.... but:
Due to the reported issues with the diverter, the problem with the mechanism that is locking balls in the turtle van, and the software getting confused when its staging balls in the van, I am sticking with the Pro. Tons to do, shots take time to learn. Great variety in strategy and shots. And the Pro is more difficult due to the lack of a diverter, so it may have longer playability b/c it wont be as easy to reach the end game.

#1714 3 years ago

Been 6 full days with my LE. Had many great players over to play, zero complaints..wait,one complaint, the “borg” drain happened twice in a row to my friend,then yesterday I saw the option to turn on timed ball saver for that , also my pizza makes a pretty shitty grinding sound. Otherwise,none of the problems others are having experienced with LE,I feel like it’s not that many outta 500 that’ll have the bigger issues (hopefully),I have bought 3 nib sterns, I guess I got lucky,or they do better qc for games going over borders as shipping replacement parts,playfield swaps etc is much more expensive? I dunno,my diverter works perfect and only tiny scratch on ramp from diverter,looks like from testing. The Krang toy is incredible, the van emptying the balls is great,the pizza spinning both ways is meh, it actually should only spin one way at start of multiball, during reg gameplay it’s pretty awesome, but no point in staging those balls and the spinner going both ways,it’s got less wow factor actually, stops the spinning momentum of the balls (please make a fix stern) Otherwise the overall look And gameplay of the LE is just incredible! Pro would be super fun as well I’m sure! Glad I got an LE
Ps. Sorry for the cat pic. I can’t seem to delete

0760DF8C-FAE9-4181-87FE-7926FEB48327 (resized).png0760DF8C-FAE9-4181-87FE-7926FEB48327 (resized).png2DAE9EBB-524E-4B5F-9AEE-B8B107B5F516 (resized).jpeg2DAE9EBB-524E-4B5F-9AEE-B8B107B5F516 (resized).jpeg
#1715 3 years ago

haha, cat pic shall be tagged as key post

#1716 3 years ago

Cat wants a turn.

#1717 3 years ago

it looks like a taxidermied cat or a puppet cat that is priceless

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I have a Pro and planned to upgrade to a Premium.... but:
Due to the reported issues with the diverter, the problem with the mechanism that is locking balls in the turtle van, and the software getting confused when its staging balls in the van, I am sticking with the Pro. Tons to do, shots take time to learn. Great variety in strategy and shots. And the Pro is more difficult due to the lack of a diverter, so it may have longer playability b/c it wont be as easy to reach the end game.

Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

#1719 3 years ago

I see why people put members only for these forums. People are making negative statements and talking it down yet they have never owned or in some cases even played one

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I see why people put members only for these forums. People are making negative statements and talking it down yet they have never owned or in some cases even played one

Ya but don’t forget the pooling!I don’t care less and love my game.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

Quoted from rockrand:

Ya but don’t forget the pooling!

It’s been forgotten, They changed it to Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

#1722 3 years ago

I saw that! I would have done the same

#1723 3 years ago

Does anyone understand how the Bonus Hold works?

I get the Bonus Hold awarded on my final ball (resulting 2x bonus). If I get Bonus Held on Ball 1, I do not see it added on Ball 2. What do I need to do to receive the bonus?
Pro (on both v1.04 and v1.10)

Apologies if this has been addressed in the thread, tried to search but didn't see this addressed

#1724 3 years ago

I would love the topper to look something like this:

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I would love the topper to look something like this:[quoted image]

Those Sideshow statues are hella expensive and only available on the secondary market.

Each goes for about $500. (Except Shredder)

But i would love one that looks like that. Or the original comic book cover.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1726 3 years ago

Thanks for acknowledging the question.
I’ve just seen so many streams where it seems to effortlessly hit the orbit, then feed to either the upper, or gently down to the left flipper without touching the left slingshot.

Quoted from flynnibus:

It's because the ball is literally being dropped off the ramp... and has no space/path to settle it along the guide rail. It's an artifact of the design not to drop the ball before the orbit turn - which would have served to guide the ball to the rail. Even if the ball dropped off limp.. you'd still get randomness.
It really makes the upper flipper shot a lot harder...

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I would love the topper to look something like this:[quoted image]

I’ll take an interactive mechanical technodrome over some figures.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper ?? [quoted image]

They could use the SW topper, take out R2D2 and put the eye in. Boom! Done... lol!

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

They could use the SW topper, take out R2D2 and put the eye in. Boom! Done... lol!

Nice saves Stern money, id still rather have the BKSOR topper rethemed as shredder!

#1730 3 years ago

I think I'd like it to be Shredder or Krang.

#1731 3 years ago

Would be cool to have all the turtles on the topper, and then each one gets lit up for whichever turtle is active during play. Light em all up for Turtle Power Multiball!

#1732 3 years ago

Has anyone successfully remedied the grinding pizza motor ? On the LE, it’s loud and sound pretty bad,can’t be good. Started after like 40 games or more.

#1733 3 years ago

Still waiting on my glider assembly, is there an option to turn off the glider somewhere? Id like to play my game in the meantime, but don't want to risk burning up the board.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Has anyone successfully remedied the grinding pizza motor ? On the LE, it’s loud and sound pretty bad,can’t be good. Started after like 40 games or more.

I just posted several messages back about this. The dc motor that drives the pizza wheel has a small gearbox on the end of it. I disassembled it, cleaned the gears and re-lubed with a liberal amount of white lithium grease.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of it disassembled, but here is where the gearbox is located. For anyone that disassembles this, please note there are a few very tiny shim washers inside. It is not difficult to disassemble and reassemble. Make sure the pizza spinner is level with playfield when done.

I know what the grinding sounds like and it can be very loud. This will remedy that completely.

Rob
20200729_100316 (resized).jpg20200729_100316 (resized).jpg

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Would be cool to have all the turtles on the topper, and then each one gets lit up for whichever turtle is active during play. Light em all up for Turtle Power Multiball!

I don't mind this idea. Maybe them in the background on a building. With Krang or Shredder up front taunting you.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anyone have a issue with the Glider?
Mine seems to have stopped working?
LE 137

LE 459, Glider officially just pooped the bed. Hope Stern can help fix ASAP.

#1737 3 years ago

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the constant screaming towards the left outlane and every bricked shot hurtling straight down the middle is seriously killing the game for me.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Adg5016:

LE 459, Glider officially just pooped the bed. Hope Stern can help fix ASAP.

Ugh

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the constant screaming towards the left outlane and every bricked shot hurtling straight down the middle is seriously killing the game for me.

I put bigger rubber on the post and it helped a lot. Also made sure it was perfectly level at the bottom

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I put bigger rubber on the post and it helped a lot. Also made sure it was perfectly level at the bottom

When you mean level do you mean the rubber should be closer to the bottom of the the post?

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

When you mean level do you mean the rubber should be closer to the bottom of the the post?

No, sorry, I did the bigger rubber on the post and then have a small level I placed down by the flippers and made sure it was level at the bottom of the playfield

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, sorry, I did the bigger rubber on the post and then have a small level I placed down by the flippers and made sure it was level at the bottom of the playfield

Oh i gotcha. My bubble meter is dead in the center.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Oh i gotcha. My bubble meter is dead in the center.

Ok, try that bigger post rubber on both sides and the pitch is good

#1744 3 years ago

What bigger post rubber are you talking about using? Do they make fatter rings for star posts?

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What bigger post rubber are you talking about using? Do they make fatter rings for star posts?

they make bigger ones for the metal post. Probably 25% larger for the biggest titan ones. Not sure on the Star Posts

#1746 3 years ago

For all of this topper talk, I went back and made my custom topper interactive!

First, use some T-Taps to cleanly splice into the existing flashers.
IMG_20200731_205854 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_205854 (resized).jpg

If you have never used them, they are pretty simple. Crimp down the folding part onto your existing wire and crimp down the spade connector to your new wire then attach the two by sliding the spade in. No soldering required!
IMG_20200731_205814 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_205814 (resized).jpg

Run all of the wires up through the back box - yeah I know I could have saved a bunch of wires by using one 5v source but I was feeling lazy.
IMG_20200731_210037 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_210037 (resized).jpg

Made a quick connect harness for when I eventually move the machine (the topper comes off easily with two screws too).
IMG_20200731_210041 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_210041 (resized).jpg

Put some color-coded flashers under each character.
Some flasher colors (like orange and purple) were not available so I used some color filters (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQXG45W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title)
IMG_20200731_210059 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_210059 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200731_210104 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_210104 (resized).jpg

The finished product!
IMG_20200709_212821 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_212821 (resized).jpg

Attract mode:

More videos that I am too lazy to upload to YouTube:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rusaWnx9CEbdG1tG6

I especially like what happens when you start multi-ball

#1747 3 years ago

I have these two to play in Minneapolis at Tilt, but I’m still waiting on the premium that’s supposed to go in my basement. Anyone heard anything about premium shipments?

F0150B70-83D5-45E2-9BFA-478B916E1D71 (resized).jpegF0150B70-83D5-45E2-9BFA-478B916E1D71 (resized).jpeg
#1748 3 years ago

This is what Stern said on Facebook.

Hey everyone!

We have been getting a lot of inquiry here about the status and availability of TMNT premium.

TMNT premium is currently slated to go into production in mid August, approximately two weeks from today. Of course, like all things, this is subject to revision or change.

We have communicated this already to every authorized Stern Pinball retailer in the world, so to anyone who is ever wanting the latest information about availability and expectations your dealer is actually the first and most definitive source to reach out to!

Thanks again!

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

My two cents

I really don’t have any strong connection to the theme. Don’t dislike it but never really paid much attention to tmnt as a kid. I definitely see where the turtle voices could ruin it for some, but the voices are not overdone fortunately.

The art and the gameplay far outweigh any negatives. The games got great shots and anic balance of difficulty.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

For all of this topper talk, I went back and made my custom topper interactive!
First, use some T-Taps to cleanly splice into the existing flashers.
[quoted image]
If you have never used them, they are pretty simple. Crimp down the folding part onto your existing wire and crimp down the spade connector to your new wire then attach the two by sliding the spade in. No soldering required!
[quoted image]
Run all of the wires up through the back box - yeah I know I could have saved a bunch of wires by using one 5v source but I was feeling lazy.
[quoted image]
Made a quick connect harness for when I eventually move the machine (the topper comes off easily with two screws too).
[quoted image]
Put some color-coded flashers under each character.
Some flasher colors (like orange and purple) were not available so I used some color filters (amazon.com link »)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The finished product!
[quoted image]
Attract mode:
More videos that I am too lazy to upload to YouTube:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rusaWnx9CEbdG1tG6
I especially like what happens when you start multi-ball

How many amps are you drawing away? You have to be careful with the Spike system, it's pretty fragile. I wouldn't tap until I knew the draw of everything on that line and the total max draw of what I was adding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/35?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.