(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 241.
#1451 3 years ago

Is there a way to search within this thread and not all of pinside?!

I’m having a really hard time enjoying my TMNT LE and I’m wondering what pitch you guys who love your game are set at... I started at 6.8 because I tend to like my games a little faster but this game is so fast I’ve started to adjust down and I’m at 6.5 now but still can’t get into it. I want to love this game - help me lol

So far the only thing about this game that consistently makes me happy is the Krang toy glowing and popping up and down

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

Is there a way to search within this thread and not all of pinside?!
I’m having a really hard time enjoying my TMNT LE and I’m wondering what pitch you guys who love your game are set at... I started at 6.8 because I tend to like my games a little faster but this game is so fast I’ve started to adjust down and I’m at 6.5 now but still can’t get into it. I want to love this game - help me lol

If you don’t like the game incline isn’t going to help at all.

20C07391-9E78-4B97-BDCA-09AA9839D3A2 (resized).jpeg20C07391-9E78-4B97-BDCA-09AA9839D3A2 (resized).jpeg
#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

this game is so fast

You can also turn down the flipper power in the adjustments menu. That helps with the speed, as well as air balls.

#1454 3 years ago

So what is the verdict on the lightning in this game and whether pinstadiums would be worth it? Not looking to get into the PS overvalue argument - just want to know if this game is on the darker or lighter side.

For reference I thought JP2 was way too dark and needed PS. I played TMNT but it was very very bright in the building so I couldn’t really tell how this game does in normal or little lighting.

Is there a lot of light show elements in it like R+M? didn’t appear so but again, couldn’t tell for sure.

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what is the verdict on the lightning in this game

Quoted from delt31:

I played TMNT but it was very very bright

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don’t like the game incline isn’t going to help at all.
[quoted image]

I’m just hoping fixing the pitch will fix the flow.

I love my JP but when it isn’t setup correctly it’s almost impossible to play. If it’s balanced and at 7.0 it plays like a dream

#1457 3 years ago

Well that’s some out of context BS @charliew65. Maybe you can get a job at Yahoo.

#1458 3 years ago

I think he meant the room the game was in was bright.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what is the verdict on the lightning in this game and whether pinstadiums would be worth it? Not looking to get into the PS overvalue argument - just want to know if this game is on the darker or lighter side.
For reference I thought JP2 was way too dark and needed PS. I played TMNT but it was very very bright in the building so I couldn’t really tell how this game does in normal or little lighting.
Is there a lot of light show elements in it like R+M? didn’t appear so but again, couldn’t tell for sure.

Lighting is good on TMNT, much better than previous sterns. There are two circular hole cutouts in the apron with LEDs behind them that shine on to the playfield to illuminate it. Works pretty well.

#1460 3 years ago

Lighting is great IMHO, the apron's spots are doing a great job.

About pitch and flow, I have seen a lot of people complaining about the difficulty, especially the draining.
The game is fast, and outlanes are hungry. Plus SDTM from lock rail is happening too often.

On my side, I agree that slingshots seems to be tunes to target outlanes at defaults. Two options, make them stronger (>55) or really weaker (a friend of mine sets at 15)
Flippers tuned at soft (only bottom flippers) made me more constant on shots, and less airballs.
Two shots are still killers : the right target of left ramp and the left post of right ramp. These two are my enemies..

The game is so great when you manage to combo and flow, but can kill the whole pleasure in 5sec, without any way to avoid the drain..

Overall, it's still hard to love it , but I really like it a lot, so I will still try to set it right in order to get pleasure, and not only frustration

#1461 3 years ago

Fantastic zombyetilicious

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It happens. Strange that it popped up with a number of people at once. Wonder if it's related to the 1.10 update...
Your order should ship out tomorrow. I've been buried with TMNT orders and was OOS on some odds and ends that require special gel colors as well as Spooky fans for a bit waiting for a restock to come from the factory, so I had a LOT of orders to ship out this week.

I've had these lights on in 1.04 as well, not just limited to the 1.10 update. I have lifted my playfield and checked connections but everything looks fine. The lights also work properly, just never seem to completely shut off?

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he meant the room the game was in was bright.

Yes. You really need to spoon feed some pinsiders.

As for the apron lights - yes they look very good. Just curious if the PF itself (above the flippers is super spotty like IMDN, DP and JP or if you feel like you can see the art well. I even found GB to be lacking although that might just be me being crazy about seeing everything on that gorgeous pf.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes. You really need to spoon feed some pinsiders.
As for the apron lights - yes they look very good. Just curious if the PF itself (above the flippers is super spotty like IMDN, DP and JP or if you feel like you can see the art well. I even found GB to be lacking although that might just be me being crazy about seeing everything on that gorgeous pf.

Above the flippers, and middle of the playfield looks good. Its not Neo Fusion Hyperbeam® Plus+ Technology with BLUR™ photon merger bright, but you don't have any trouble seeing anything. Its not like DP or JP. Pinstadiums do really brighten up the game, but I don't think you need it on TMNT and its nice not having to deal with them when lifting the the playfield. I hope Stern does the apron LEDs on all new games.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've got pin stadiums installed on my TMNT. I really love them on this machine and I think they are a worthwhile investment. I plugged in the flashers to the center pop bumper flasher and it adds quite a bit in my opinion.

The room I play in is fairly dark, so I have them on just about all my machines anyway. It really comes down to your room lighting situation for where your pinball machine is.

I have a post earlier in the thread somewhere that shows them turned on and off on my playfield for reference.

#1466 3 years ago

Has anyone done anything with the Turtles van? It would be cool it light up underneath or behind it. Maybe an led strip?

#1467 3 years ago

This fast and the furious?

Quoted from FNwoz:

Has anyone done anything with the Turtles van? It would be cool it light up underneath or behind it. Maybe an led strip?

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

This fast and the furious?

Ok maybe not underneath it but something cool haha.

#1469 3 years ago

Added couple more toys. But there’s not much room for anything. This is maxed out for me. I think it’s great,casey Jones isn’t perfect,but he’s a favorite character of mine,and he’s in the game! Splinter above the lair, and a foot soldier climbing out of the sewer on his 123 combo shots!! Perfect ! First day alone with my new LE. Omg it’s so perfect,didn’t have to adjust anything,small scratch from diverted on ramp,but it looks like they remedied that on mine at least (build date July 16). My turtle power light is on when it shouldn’t be,and the Michalangelo shot under the van stays lit when it’s not suppose to be (I’m pretty sure anyway). Great game !! Ps. No idea why these pics upload sideways . Sorry

78D0CFDC-767E-4C87-9BF6-01E47F2BC6BF (resized).jpeg78D0CFDC-767E-4C87-9BF6-01E47F2BC6BF (resized).jpeg9810D1EF-EEA1-4854-BF77-E5BABDFF7700 (resized).jpeg9810D1EF-EEA1-4854-BF77-E5BABDFF7700 (resized).jpegB7268A67-538D-47D0-B49C-3D257CBBDC26 (resized).jpegB7268A67-538D-47D0-B49C-3D257CBBDC26 (resized).jpeg
#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Can anyone else confirm that after upgrading to 1.10, some speech lines are getting cut off by other call outs? I have experienced this several times, but I haven't had anyone else here confirm it's happening to them. Mostly this is happening on Episode starts.

This is true. Its not new as of V1.1. It was always there.

What can happen at the start of a senario is the speech may have to be cut off to stay up with the story that is happening on the display. I dont really like it but, to me, its the best of all evils.

#1471 3 years ago

The only shot that I just have a heck of a time hitting is the under the flipper training shot. They are all tight but this one is near impossible outside of luck. Maybe turning the flippers down will help

That said I love this game, I feel like this is what Ghostbusters should and could have been. GB nailed the sounds and theme, had amazing toys(even better than this game) but it just didn't shoot great and the rules meh.

TMNT nailed the theme sounds etc but adds great flow and rules.

Also I am not sure why people dont like the animations, I think they are great match the game art well etc. I guess its that they aren't a high frame rate more stop motion style? I am ok with that its not a video game.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The only shot that I just have a heck of a time hitting is the under the flipper training shot. They are all tight but this one is near impossible outside of luck. Maybe turning the flippers down will help
That said I love this game, I feel like this is what Ghostbusters should and could have been. GB nailed the sounds and theme, had amazing toys(even better than this game) but it just didn't shoot great and the rules meh.
TMNT nailed the theme sounds etc but adds great flow and rules.
Also I am not sure why people dont like the animations, I think they are great match the game art well etc. I guess its that they aren't a high frame rate more stop motion style? I am ok with that its not a video game.

I felt the same for the first many games about the lair shot, figured it out today tho! It’s all about letting the upper flipper down at the right time,some times it traps under the flipper,but a tiny nudge gets it into the lair .

#1473 3 years ago

So I hadn't played Leonardo too much, and I decided to really dig-in on the new 1.10 code. One thing I noticed, is that it's kind of unfair that he starts out with Training Lit, but his skill shot is also the training shot. The unfortunate part is that if you want to get the training quickly, you are probably better off timing-out the skill shot because if you get to the lair when both skill AND training are lit, it will only give you the skill shot and you have to get to the lair a second time to collect on the training part.

I think that you should be able to collect both, because a lot of times by trying to get to the lair you would probably just end up lighting L-A-I-R anyways, so it sort of negates Leo starting with training lit.

...just my opinion.

#1474 3 years ago

I got my tmnt LE #87. Thank you Chris and everyone from Pinball Pirate!

20200727_124556 (resized).jpg20200727_124556 (resized).jpg20200727_124624 (resized).jpg20200727_124624 (resized).jpg
#1475 3 years ago

we have them for rent in Michigan if anyone wants to play, hard to actually play on location right now, although we have one in frankenmuth, mi for public play. Big tent setup outside with lots of games to play and other activivities. opened daily.

argamingrentals.com

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I felt the same for the first many games about the lair shot, figured it out today tho! It’s all about letting the upper flipper down at the right time,some times it traps under the flipper,but a tiny nudge gets it into the lair .

Been trying this !

Quoted from Crater:

So I hadn't played Leonardo too much, and I decided to really dig-in on the new 1.10 code. One thing I noticed, is that it's kind of unfair that he starts out with Training Lit, but his skill shot is also the training shot. The unfortunate part is that if you want to get the training quickly, you are probably better off timing-out the skill shot because if you get to the lair when both skill AND training are lit, it will only give you the skill shot and you have to get to the lair a second time to collect on the training part.
I think that you should be able to collect both, because a lot of times by trying to get to the lair you would probably just end up lighting L-A-I-R anyways, so it sort of negates Leo starting with training lit.
...just my opinion.

100% agree !!!!

#1477 3 years ago

OK, I have my LE finally. First thing I did was check the diverter flap behind the van. Looks like they tested it and there already was a dent/scratch in the ramp where the flap hits.

Have we come up with a definitive solution? I'm surprised the latest folks reporting on their LE's didn't check to see if their diverter flap is hitting the ramp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

IMG_2217 (resized).jpegIMG_2217 (resized).jpeg
#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Added couple more toys. But there’s not much room for anything. This is maxed out for me. I think it’s great,casey Jones isn’t perfect,but he’s a favorite character of mine,and he’s in the game! Splinter above the lair, and a foot soldier climbing out of the sewer on his 123 combo shots!! Perfect ! First day alone with my new LE. Omg it’s so perfect,didn’t have to adjust anything,small scratch from diverted on ramp,but it looks like they remedied that on mine at least (build date July 16). My turtle power light is on when it shouldn’t be,and the Michalangelo shot under the van stays lit when it’s not suppose to be (I’m pretty sure anyway). Great game !! Ps. No idea why these pics upload sideways . Sorry
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The turtle power insert should be lit. You have to make the shot 4 times. On the 4th time it will be blinking to let you know that its ready for multi ball

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I have my LE finally. First thing I did was check the diverter flap behind the van. Looks like they tested it and there already was a dent/scratch in the ramp where the flap hits.
Have we come up with a definitive solution? I'm surprised the latest folks reporting on their LE's didn't check to see if their diverter flap is hitting the ramp.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

The diverter shouldn't scrape the ramp if the nut that holds it in place is properly tightened. Some people have placed foam at that spot but tightening the nut seems to do the trick

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

First thing I did was check that. Looked identical to yours., even after many many games,still looks great same. Arrived on Saturday with build date July 16. I think they may have remedied it. My distributor told me they fixed it. Zero problems otherwise . Super happy with it. Just put up 32m for GC . And made a fun little temporary topper !

Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

The turtle power insert should be lit. You have to make the shot 4 times. On the 4th time it will be blinking to let you know that its ready for multi ball

Ok. Nice. Thanks fir that. I wonder if the Michelangelo shot being lit under the van is the pizza parkour lock light ?
What a great game !

8B1861FC-D733-49A6-8389-9FF8E2BC87AC (resized).jpeg8B1861FC-D733-49A6-8389-9FF8E2BC87AC (resized).jpeg
#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Lighting is good on TMNT, much better than previous sterns. There are two circular hole cutouts in the apron with LEDs behind them that shine on to the playfield to illuminate it. Works pretty well.

One of mine isn’t working.... the right one when looking down at them. Gotta figure it out

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

I've had these lights on in 1.04 as well, not just limited to the 1.10 update. I have lifted my playfield and checked connections but everything looks fine. The lights also work properly, just never seem to completely shut off?

Support told me it was a bad light board, node 8B. Having almost the same issue Baxter and pizza slice lit, see post 1177. Out of the box at code 1.0, build date June 22. They are sending out a replacement board, hope it gets here soon just received my episode insert kit from PinMonk.

#1485 3 years ago

When playing the other night I had a mode & I think ninja pizza multiball lit and had the ball fly straight through the lock shot 3 times in a row on direct hits. 4th time worked. Anybody else had this issue?

#1486 3 years ago
TMNT van diverter rebuild 755-7676-00 LE.pdfTMNT van diverter rebuild 755-7676-00 LE.pdf
#1487 3 years ago

Are they done with the LE run yet? I would love to see the Premiums hit the line.

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

[quoted image]

Stern is the Heathkit of the 21st century, whether you know that's what you're buying or not.

#1489 3 years ago

I did for my Le. People have thought it came that way so it fits in pretty good. I like it, lights up great

5A400BCF-B252-478B-B23E-F6E1D984573D (resized).jpeg5A400BCF-B252-478B-B23E-F6E1D984573D (resized).jpegF5754CAE-0B6B-4AA1-A6BD-C6108C46DC29 (resized).jpegF5754CAE-0B6B-4AA1-A6BD-C6108C46DC29 (resized).jpeg
#1490 3 years ago

TMNT LE #76 checking in.
Works great, looks fantastic.

I checked my ramp, looks good.
Already had a small scratch from testing.
Put mylar there just in case.

Thanks to Nitro Pinball.

ZLjNu7JcRB24I2sHAqbotg (resized).jpgZLjNu7JcRB24I2sHAqbotg (resized).jpgIkMqFngITkOTgQXR3V3Gkg (resized).jpgIkMqFngITkOTgQXR3V3Gkg (resized).jpgzqo6qpDwQw+cET3IPZgAlA (resized).jpgzqo6qpDwQw+cET3IPZgAlA (resized).jpg

#1491 3 years ago

Woooo! Debuts at #1 on the Top 100, as it should. Any new pin this good should get a little intro time at the top....

#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

TMNT LE #76 checking in.
Works great, looks fantastic.
I checked my ramp, looks good.
Already had a small scratch from testing.
Put mylar there just in case.
Thanks to Nitro Pinball.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s the build date on the back of yours, just curios?

#1493 3 years ago

This game has been on my mind a lot lately

I thought my next game would be JP but now I’m not so sure

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This game has been on my mind a lot lately
I thought my next game would be JP but now I’m not so sure

TMNT is just fantastic. I don’t think you’d have any regrets if you pulled the trigger.

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from sballswin:

Support told me it was a bad light board, node 8B. Having almost the same issue Baxter and pizza slice lit, see post 1177. Out of the box at code 1.0, build date June 22. They are sending out a replacement board, hope it gets here soon just received my episode insert kit from PinMonk.

Yep, support told me the same thing today. I have the same build date as well. Should be getting my replacement board soon.

#1496 3 years ago

it appers on my Pro that the bottom part of the pizza is a bit lower than the circle surrounding it, ball is a bit deflected to the left when ball is going down from the x2 target.
Same for other ? I'm just considering it may lead to some wear on the playfield below the pizza, considering if the pizza can be adjusted completely at the level of the playfield ??

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

it appers on my Pro that the bottom part of the pizza is a bit lower than the circle surrounding it, ball is a bit deflected to the left when ball is going down from the x2 target.
Same for other ? I'm just considering it may lead to some wear on the playfield below the pizza, considering if the pizza can be adjusted completely at the level of the playfield ??

I had a similar problem and found that you can completely level the pizza by by loosening two bolts under the playfield and then wiggling the plate around. Can't find the post now, but look back a few pages or check my post history on this thread to see photos.

#1498 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

[quoted image]

OK, I'm naive. Does this exist? Is there a Stern fix or do I keep using mylar, band-aids, and foam pads to ensure no damage. By the way, does anyone have the link for how another pinsider used 5/8" wrench to tighten?

Thanks. Oh, by the way, I don't think I have ever played a pin as fast as this one.

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm naive. Does this exist? Is there a Stern fix or do I keep using mylar, band-aids, and foam pads to ensure no damage. By the way, does anyone have the link for how another pinsider used 5/8" wrench to tighten?
Thanks. Oh, by the way, I don't think I have ever played a pin as fast as this one.

if thats the fix I expect someone to come out and do it on my machine after paying 9k! I am not qualified to do that!

#1500 3 years ago

Just unboxed my LE. These playfields do still seem to be susceptible to bubbling/pooling where the apron + guides touch down. I'm going through adding some felt washers like I did on Jurassic Park before it potentially gets worse and chips. Also, the left outlane post was clearly designed for a small post. They pulled back the artwork for that but later changed it to a star post which is starting to pool a bit. Hopefully shouldn't be too bad since it's rarely hit and doesn't have a ring applying diagonal pressure to it. Either way, I think it's worth protecting these spots early if you can.

IMG_20200728_112327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_112327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_112153 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_112153 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/30?hl=r00dvm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.