(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 241.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

This happened often on 1.04, but since upgrading to 1.10 I haven't seen it happen yet. Unsure if related, just an observation.

Agree, I did not notice it since upgrade

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Hey, how do you update the code on these?
[quoted image]

Remove the translite. It is printed on a sticker in the backbox.
It is also clearly stated in the manual and in the read-me file.

#1353 3 years ago

In fairness the upgrade can be finicky. Make sure you unzip the files and format the Drive as FAT

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Does anyone’s cowabunga light stay on dim at all times? It does flash correctly then goes back to low steady on‘(Thinking bad led board) any suggestions?

I have two lights on, check out post 1177. Support had me send video and a bunch of photos of the node 8B lamp board to see if any solder was bridged. They deemed a bad board and should be sending a new one out to me.

#1355 3 years ago

Plastics installed by silver ball design and they are excellent. They look amazing in person

165DE996-F297-4042-9904-D38204748707 (resized).jpeg165DE996-F297-4042-9904-D38204748707 (resized).jpeg3EC63C56-971F-49A1-8B60-9C707CB3FBB4 (resized).jpeg3EC63C56-971F-49A1-8B60-9C707CB3FBB4 (resized).jpegBCDACE18-839D-48A6-A8BC-B0F339218088 (resized).jpegBCDACE18-839D-48A6-A8BC-B0F339218088 (resized).jpegCD28C7C7-8775-4F5C-82DB-20F7D396A2A0 (resized).jpegCD28C7C7-8775-4F5C-82DB-20F7D396A2A0 (resized).jpegDB7319BB-DDD2-4951-9D0A-8C62823509C3 (resized).jpegDB7319BB-DDD2-4951-9D0A-8C62823509C3 (resized).jpegDD9AF5E3-8F16-4092-99AD-24D14CB8A84F (resized).jpegDD9AF5E3-8F16-4092-99AD-24D14CB8A84F (resized).jpeg
#1356 3 years ago

It’s a fair point..... I was not entirely feeling it, i got them at a stupid good price so thought I’d try them. Probably the new comic con 2020 action figures that just came out would be a better fit

Quoted from J85M:

Personally not my thing, the shredder blocks the turtle van and their scale is way to big!
Also are they the movie figures? If I was going to put figures in my game I would have to match the theme myself, cartoon figures so it matches the art style.

#1357 3 years ago

#426 set up

0AB960E0-04FA-44B4-B4A6-1031476476C1 (resized).jpeg0AB960E0-04FA-44B4-B4A6-1031476476C1 (resized).jpeg91E82682-04FE-4D56-8B31-CC09AEF75D3A (resized).jpeg91E82682-04FE-4D56-8B31-CC09AEF75D3A (resized).jpeg
#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Plastics installed by silver ball design and they are excellent. They look amazing in person
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! How can I get them too?

#1359 3 years ago

Where can you buy these? link? anyone else have links to good plastic protector sets.

#1360 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance they would make a set in pink as the artwork directly below it is showing the ooze in pink?

#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Any chance they would make a set in pink as the artwork directly below it is showing the ooze in pink?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

While the ooze closer to the player is pink, the ooze directly beneath the set is green, and appears to perfectly follow the shape of the ooze. The ooze on the slings and inlane plastics is also green, so green seems to be the best match in this case (pink may also discolor the green ooze on the playfield beneath it when looking through).

[Just my observation--I have no affiliation with the mod]

#1363 3 years ago

Here is the listing for the TMNT plastic set on pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/03974-slingshot-amp-return-lane-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

If you have any questions just PM me. If you need something custom made just let me know.

If you need international shipping PM me. Pinside is not set up yet for it (yet) and I dont want to just slap a large number on international shipping.

I also have a complete set for the Data East TMNT, as well that I will list sometime soon. I think it was a 9 piece set (no Ooze), I dont remember since I just delivered it to its new home earlier this week.

I have plastics for Elvira House of Horrors (Listed), Fish Tales and Bride of Pinbot that I will list next week.

Thanks again to Robertstone0407 for posting the pics and letting me use his machine ( till I get mine one day ) for the scans.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While the ooze closer to the player is pink, the ooze directly beneath the set is green, and appears to perfectly follow the shape of the ooze. The ooze on the slings and inlane plastics is also green, so green seems to be the best match in this case (pink may also discolor the green ooze on the playfield beneath it when looking through).

[Just my observation--I have no affiliation with the mod]

My bad. I don’t have my game yet and am just looking at pictures. I know your ooze canister only comes in pink so I thought all the ooze was pink. I did not notice the green ooze on those plastics or below on the playfield. Looks like green is the way to go.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My bad. I don’t have my game yet and am just looking at pictures. I know your ooze canister only comes in pink so I thought all the ooze was pink. I did not notice the little bit of green ooze on those plastics.

To avoid any confusion, the pink ooze mod isn't mine--that one is Mezel Mods

EDIT: Otherwise, this pic best shows SilverBall Designs's attention to matching the green ooze below (harder to notice in the top down shots):
d256c6eb7c6a842057ddecfdb15de7d52fedd63f.jpeg (resized).jpgd256c6eb7c6a842057ddecfdb15de7d52fedd63f.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1366 3 years ago

What should the impedance (ohms) be set for the speakers that come with the LE? 8? The Pro/Premium stock speakers should be 4 ohms?

#1367 3 years ago

When it comes time for the sound mod people it be great to have this song incorporated into a multiball or before you plunge.

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What should the impedance (ohms) be set for the speakers that come with the LE? 8? The Pro/Premium stock speakers should be 4 ohms?

Yeah that’s correct from what everyone’s been saying, newest code sets the LE speakers to 4ohm so they need setting back to 8ohm after the update.

#1369 3 years ago

Uploaded 1.1 on my games thank you Stern! What a huge improvement! Love the fact that 123 foot doesn’t hold the game hostage now!

Played a game on My Data east TMNT As well I’m so glad we got another shot at this theme

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah that’s correct from what everyone’s been saying, newest code sets the LE speakers to 4ohm so they need setting back to 8ohm after the update.

Which is funny because they probably are 4 Ohm speakers.

#1371 3 years ago

Question Guys!

Who does armor powder coating here? Or who do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Question Guys!
Who does armor powder coating here? Or who do you guys recommend?
Thanks!

Robertstone04070 on pinside does it, drop him a line. I have seen his work and its pretty impressive.

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Robertstone04070 on pinside does it, drop him a line. I have seen his work and its pretty impressive.

Thank you!

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

When it comes time for the sound mod people it be great to have this song incorporated into a multiball or before you plunge.

I'll remember this - it will be in the mix I do....along with the real TMNT Theme and go ninja vanilla ice song. Maybe some songs from the TMNT arcades too. I think the theme from TMNT2 and first level TMNT.

#1375 3 years ago

Yeah, all these Pros are now being sent overseas and anyone who doesn’t have theirs yet got bumped to August. I guess this means Premiums are a still a ways out.

#1376 3 years ago

I would love for the premiums to be ready sooner rather than later but I would like to see Stern fix some of the issues they are having first. Good things come to those who wait.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'll remember this - it will be in the mix I do....along with the real TMNT Theme and go ninja vanilla ice song. Maybe some songs from the TMNT arcades too. I think the theme from TMNT2 and first level TMNT.

Yeah, TMNT 2's Konami music >>> First TMNT NES game.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Partner in Kryme's "Turtle Power" from the first movie would make good, cheese-tastic game over music.

#1379 3 years ago

Can anyone else confirm that after upgrading to 1.10, some speech lines are getting cut off by other call outs? I have experienced this several times, but I haven't had anyone else here confirm it's happening to them. Mostly this is happening on Episode starts.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Partner in Kryme's "Turtle Power" from the first movie would make good, cheese-tastic game over music.

that song is a must have i agree 100%. i love that song

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Can anyone else confirm that after upgrading to 1.10, some speech lines are getting cut off by other call outs? I have experienced this several times, but I haven't had anyone else here confirm it's happening to them. Mostly this is happening on Episode starts.

Pro model here. Can confirm this was happening even on 1.04 software for me. It's actually kind of funny, sounds like Shredder's cutting off Baxter. Maybe it is intentional? It seems like it happens when you get in the scoop with a lot of things lit.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

OK, let's do this. Let me start by saying the music in the game is fantastic and the sound team did a bang-up job. No complaints. But for nostalgia's sake, if I were to tweak a few things, I'd find a place for the following jams...

1) Pizza Power (Coming Out of Their Shells Tour, Turtles in Time Theme)

Commentary: For those unfamiliar, this is the title theme from Turtles in Time. Super cheesy, but dripping with nostalgia from TMNT's arcade heyday

Proposed location: Attract Mode

2) Ninja Rap (Vanilla Ice, TMNTII)

Commentary: Needs no introduction. Of all the jams mentioned here, this is the one Stern absolutely should have tried to license. And for what it's worth, the Ninja Pizza Multiball track is probably the weakest...

Proposed location: Ninja Pizza Multiball

3) Sewer Surfin' (Konami, Turtles in Time)

Commentary: Among the folks over at OverclockedRemix, this is widely considered one of Izumi & Nakamura's best pieces. I will say that I'm not sold on where I have it here. But it has to go in somewhere. PS: There's an a cappella version of this that is pretty good.

Proposed Location: Weapon hurry-up/April hurry-up

4) Turtle Power (Partners in Kryme, TMNT90)

Commentary: I've always associated cheesy rap with TMNT, and it really does fit. I like @Whifflebat's suggestion as the Game Over music. Also works at character select (another "weak" track).

Proposed location: Character selection OR Game Over

5) Boss Theme (Konami, TMNT Arcade)

Commentary: Say your prayers, toitles! To me, this is Bebop & Rocksteady's theme song. Oddly enough, the track for "Window Shopping" is my favorite new jam. I would try to find a place for it in another episode.

Proposed Location: "Window Shopping"

6) Scene 1, Fire! (Konami, TMNT Arcade)

Commentary: I don't have a place for this, but it's one of the best video game Level 1 tracks out there. Perhaps there's an episode it fits well?

Proposed location: Episode?

Help me out here: what am I missing? What's the best place for each of these? Which of Stern's tracks do you LOVE? (Window Shopping for me).

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

OK, let's do this. Let me start by saying the music in the game is fantastic and the sound team did a bang-up job. No complaints. But for nostalgia's sake, if I were to tweak a few things, I'd find a place for the following jams...

you are good. that would be bad ass #4 is the i like the most for game over music.

#1384 3 years ago

Followup to my previous post with some other contenders that I just couldn't place:

6) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (John Du Prez, TMNT90)

Commentary: Awesome! Righteous! Bossa nova! This is the sick melody that follows Raph's opening "Damn!" after losing his sai. I think I prefer the 90 version to the rearranged one in Secret of the Ooze.

7) Shredder's Time Warp (Turtles in Time)

Commentary: For sound effect purposes only

Proposed location: On Dimension X transfer

8- The Damn Dam (Konami, TMNT NES)

Commentary: Obviously this is a joke, but if there's a part of the game you hate and find incredibly stressful, then you may as well throw this in there to remind yourself of the great pain you suffered 30 years ago.

Proposed location: Foot 1-2-3 if you're still on v1.04

The problem of course for you modders will be finding high-fidelity cuts or relying too heavily on chiptunes. I think the "Coming Out of Their Shells" album is commercially available on iTunes and the like. I have seen high quality vinyl rips of the TMNT 90 soundtrack (see

). The original theme which everyone is asking for is just not available at any reasonable quality. The remaster is good enough for me.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

you are good. that would be bad ass #4 is the i like the most for game over music.

Unfortunately the game over music seems to be the same as multiball cant have them diff.

#1386 3 years ago

Pro here, does anyone else have the Cowabunga insert and the Baxter Stockman insert always dimly lit even when they're supposed to be off?

In the pictures it appears brighter than it actually is but in a dim room how we usually play you can notice it.

IMG_3965 (resized).jpgIMG_3965 (resized).jpgIMG_3966 (resized).jpgIMG_3966 (resized).jpgIMG_3968 (resized).jpgIMG_3968 (resized).jpg
#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from BustedPin:

Pro here, does anyone else have the Cowabunga insert and the Baxter Stockman insert always dimly lit even when they're supposed to be off?
In the pictures it appears brighter than it actually is but in a dim room how we usually play you can notice it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Three mentions in the last two pages from different owners.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Three mentions in the last two pages from different owners.

I searched this thread and didn't find a mention, I read your reply, I go back one page and there they are <rolling my eyes>. Oh well, thanks. Looks like it's a common thing albeit not supposed to happen.

Off topic, I'm looking forward to getting my order soon, thanks again.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from BustedPin:

I searched this thread and didn't find a mention, I read your reply, I go back one page and there they are <rolling my eyes>. Oh well, thanks. Looks like it's a common thing albeit not supposed to happen.
Off topic, I'm looking forward to getting my order soon, thanks again.

It happens. Strange that it popped up with a number of people at once. Wonder if it's related to the 1.10 update...

Your order should ship out tomorrow. I've been buried with TMNT orders and was OOS on some odds and ends that require special gel colors as well as Spooky fans for a bit waiting for a restock to come from the factory, so I had a LOT of orders to ship out this week.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It happens. Strange that it popped up with a number of people at once. Wonder if it's related to the 1.10 update...

It's not related to 1.10 in my case. My game came with 1.04 and had the problem, I updated to 1.10 before posting in the hopes the node board update would fix the problem but nope.

Regarding the order, thanks and no rush. I might do the other inserts later although my kids seem to like the clear inserts so lets see.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from BustedPin:

It's not related to 1.10 in my case. My game came with 1.04 and had the problem, I updated to 1.10 before posting in the hopes the node board update would fix the problem but nope.
Regarding the order, thanks and no rush. I might do the other inserts later although my kids seem to like the clear inserts so lets see.

Hmm. What's the build date on the back of your machine? I wonder if it was made around the same time as @rapiddraw's and the other person I can't remember a page back...

#1392 3 years ago

Screenshot_20200725-002139_Reddit (resized).pngScreenshot_20200725-002139_Reddit (resized).png
#1393 3 years ago

Woohoo, I'm in the club! I'm gonna search the rulesheet and finally play tonight! Tmnt was the first movie I saw in the cinema with my friends. In my childhood I always chose to be Michaelangelo on the playground... and now... finally... on the pinball machine! Cowabunga!

IMG_7099 (resized).jpgIMG_7099 (resized).jpg
#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes! We clearly have the same nostalgia for those early arcade game sfx. Will this work for pro and premium? Now the real question....seriously what do you do after you beat the water/bomb level on the original NES game lol. Spent hours as a kid driving around in that lil turtle van, with literally no idea what to do. Anyone ever legit beat that game?

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone ever legit beat that game?

Lol I don’t think so because that game is F’ing impossible.

#1397 3 years ago

Is there a pizza eating champion programmed into the latest code?

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Followup to my previous post with some other contenders that I just couldn't place:
6) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (John Du Prez, TMNT90)
Commentary: Awesome! Righteous! Bossa nova! This is the sick melody that follows Raph's opening "Damn!" after losing his sai. I think I prefer the 90 version to the rearranged one in Secret of the Ooze.
7) Shredder's Time Warp (Turtles in Time)
Commentary: For sound effect purposes only
Proposed location: On Dimension X transfer
8- The Damn Dam (Konami, TMNT NES)
Commentary: Obviously this is a joke, but if there's a part of the game you hate and find incredibly stressful, then you may as well throw this in there to remind yourself of the great pain you suffered 30 years ago.
Proposed location: Foot 1-2-3 if you're still on v1.04
The problem of course for you modders will be finding high-fidelity cuts or relying too heavily on chiptunes. I think the "Coming Out of Their Shells" album is commercially available on iTunes and the like. I have seen high quality vinyl rips of the TMNT 90 soundtrack (see ). The original theme which everyone is asking for is just not available at any reasonable quality. The remaster is good enough for me.

Thanks for posting. So no good version of the original cartoon theme?

#1399 3 years ago

Is it us or this game is damn nasty?
Outlanes are still on higher but stdm and Outlanes are really hungry!!

#1400 3 years ago

Hi, i got my pro. Really Great Game.

I had a Problem today , i think its a bug.

Playing in Coop Game : After i exempt Splinter, Finale Battle was lit. I shoot the shellraiser. The Ball didnt Release, also no Ball search. No Chance to get the Ball back to play Final Battle.

Can anyone confirm

9BE54909-CF1E-4FBE-B3D4-104788C2EE9D (resized).jpeg9BE54909-CF1E-4FBE-B3D4-104788C2EE9D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/28?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.