(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 242.
#1301 3 years ago

My LE arrives on Saturday !! Yo here in Canada . First LE in Canada maybe ? Super excited !!

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My LE arrives on Saturday !! Up here in Canada . First LE in Canada maybe ? Super excited !!

#1303 3 years ago

I like having the Final Battle mode at start. JP did the same thing, but later added a true final wizard mode you had to reach the old fashioned way. We may see something similar added to Turtles.

There is still one odd video asset bug. Regardless if you beat Baxter's robots or not, the ending is still the same. So when you drain and Shredder congratulates Baxter, he's still sweating balls like he screwed up. Shredder then hits the disintegrate button. Seems like there is some missing animation, or they should just cut out Baxter sweating and getting zapped.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I like having the Final Battle mode at start. JP did the same thing, but later added a true final wizard mode you had to reach the old fashioned way. We may see something similar added to Turtles.

It’s already in there. Cowabunga multiball right?

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the same. Another week..... again

At least another week or more. Hoping not. Something about not enough line workers.

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s already in there. Cowabunga multiball right?

Does that come before or after Final Battle? I haven't reached either yet in normal play.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

At least another week or more. Hoping not. Something about not enough line workers.

Stern relies heavily on temps on their production line. Depending on what they pay, temps are making more staying home and collecting unemployment due to the $15/hr federal unemployment aid. If the federal UC stipend ends this week without renewal by congress, more will come back. I am guessing Stern is counting on this happening next week. We are running into the same problem where I work. We would have at least 2-3 months of catching up to do if we were able to get temps tomorrow.

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Does that come before or after Final Battle? I haven't reached either yet in normal play.

After. You have to complete like 6-7 tasks and I believe final battle is one of them.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern relies heavily on temps on their production line. Depending on what they pay, temps are making more staying home and collecting unemployment due to the $15/hr federal unemployment aid. If the federal UC stipend ends this week without renewal by congress, more will come back. I am guessing Stern is counting on this happening next week. We are running into the same problem where I work. We would have at least 2-3 months of catching up to do if we were able to get temps tomorrow.

I figured that.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After. You have to complete like 6-7 tasks and I believe final battle is one of them.

Gotcha. Good to know!

#1311 3 years ago

Xaqery The new code looks amazing! Does the Final Battle challenge record your time? If not do you think that could be added or a separate high score option showing who can do it the fastest instead of best score? Just thinking of speed running capabilities.

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I never installed mirror blades, can they easily removed when selling the machine?
are they prone to scratches like my art blades on JP?

If installed properly, you use small wood screws. So you have small #4 sized holes in their wake.

How suitable they are for a game really depends on the example... some cabinets are just tighter than others. You can use inserts to cover them when lifting and moving the PF.

#1313 3 years ago

Are there differences in lightning between the Pro and LE?

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Are there differences in lightning between the Pro and LE?

Nope.

#1315 3 years ago

Further 1.10 Issues (after 5 games):
- Game defaulted to 4ohm and I had to switch it back to 8ohm
- During the start of Episodes, I noticed that anytime there is a "sequenced" start, the 2nd person speaking will interrupt, and the first callout doesn't finish. For example, Baxter was like, "I finished the mous..." and then Shredder immediately interrupted to start his line. I'm not sure if it's a timing thing or what, but I noticed this on at least 2 or 3 different episodes.
- When you get TP MB during an episode, it doesn't seem to start the TMNT Theme until the episode is done. I personally would rather jam out to the TMNT Theme regardless of what else I'm doing in the game.

Hoping someone else can confirm these issues so they can be reported.

#1316 3 years ago

Random question but my machine was shipped to me with German as the core/base language. I changed it to English in game settings but the machine still defaults to German for certain things - like the new “Spielcode update”. Anyone know how to set the thing in English permanently or was this just a machine destined for Germany but somehow found its way to my game lab?

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Random question but my machine was shipped to me with German as the core/base language. I changed it to English in game settings but the machine still defaults to German for certain things - like the new “Spielcode update”. Anyone know how to set the thing in English permanently or was this just a machine destined for Germany but somehow found its way to my game lab?

Check the dip switches on the CPU board. 1 through 8 should be off for USA.

#1318 3 years ago

So updated to 1.10.. sound is a bit messed up . I changed to 8ohms much better .. sound effects seem to loud or music too low . I will adjust .

I was able to slap the old theme in, quality is not quite as good . If anyone has a high quality version please PM me

#1319 3 years ago

New:
- Added more shaker motor effects throughout the game.

Can someone describe their impressions of the new shaker motor effects? Where are they implemented?

#1320 3 years ago

I'm surprised no one has jammed their 80's action figures all over the playfield....yet

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So updated to 1.10.. sound is a bit messed up . I changed to 8ohms much better .. sound effects seem to loud or music too low . I will adjust .
I was able to slap the old theme in, quality is not quite as good . If anyone has a high quality version please PM me

There might not be a high resolution version available or at least I would be surprised. The original show was was mastered on video tape and has never been remastered as I believe even the DVD was just a transfer. It could be why Nickelodeon decided to re-record the song entirely.

#1322 3 years ago

This playfield really is packed. I went back to play my deadpool premium for first time since getting TMNT and it seemed so flat. Turtles has all this verticallity going on. Im sure when Ive gotten my fill of TMNT newness ill go back to my other pins but it really does seem like they have stepped up their game!

20200722_222449670_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222449670_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222455490_iOS (resized).jpg20200722_222455490_iOS (resized).jpg
#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

TMNT 84 Checking In.
Confirmed 587 plays in the last 9 days.
Several thousand balls have been around the game at this point.
I’m pleased with the condition of the playfield after heavy play volume. Though the OCD in me wants my collectible to be pristine, no divots or indentions are visible to the naked eye from the position of the player. Extremely mild clear coat divots are visible from certain angles when reflecting lights.
My rear ramp has taken hundreds of diverter hits while on location, it’s scraped up, but the potion that is scraped is under the cover and does not affect gameplay, so I’m OK with it for now. I’ll order another ramp if I lose sleep over it.
I pulled the game back home to get wiped down and cleaned, I’m going to paint the van door neon orange (it bothers me that the door is not orange) and adjust the diverter nut. After cleaning and waxing, I’ll put the game back out on location a while at some different places to get it some more plays.
Funny, my BKSOR LE and GOTG LE both have less than 200 plays, as I unboxed then here at the house and they have never left. I’m a busy guy, haha. TMNT has more plays than both combined in less than 10 days.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m at 476 with HUO in 14 days lol

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

There might not be a high resolution version available or at least I would be surprised. The original show was was mastered on video tape and has never been remastered as I believe even the DVD was just a transfer. It could be why Nickelodeon decided to re-record the song entirely.

You may be right .. I tired to crank it up a bit .. and I changed the end game to the song from the credits . May go back the new one is fine but I spent the $20 on PB so why not ! Haha

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

I’m at 476 with HUO in 14 days lol

That’s awesome!! Grabbing mine tomorrow. Plan on playing the heck out of it. My only pin.

#1326 3 years ago

Anyone else find the Final Battle mode incredibly lopsided. Phase 1 is simple to beat (better to play it till the end for higher scores, but simple nonetheless) and then 2 you have to hit every shot in the game with no ball save...

#1327 3 years ago

LE 137 checking in...

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else find the Final Battle mode incredibly lopsided. Phase 1 is simple to beat (better to play it till the end for higher scores, but simple nonetheless) and then 2 you have to hit every shot in the game with no ball save...

I havent gotten close to the final battle so Im looking forward to that at some point!

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I havent gotten close to the final battle so Im looking forward to that at some point!

You can play the final battle from start with the new code update, it is pretty good. Just have to go into game settings, #1, change to final battle mode. Its worth checking out.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My LE arrives on Saturday !! Yo here in Canada . First LE in Canada maybe ? Super excited !!

Mine finally arrives thursday or friday. It fills a spot vacated by Luci.

Rob

#1331 3 years ago

Checking in

C20B18DB-524F-4ADE-B215-583CC6B4C9AD (resized).jpegC20B18DB-524F-4ADE-B215-583CC6B4C9AD (resized).jpeg
#1332 3 years ago

Farting around with adding a splinter and shredder mod.... what do you all think? Love my pro!

7E0F5009-97D3-4DCA-B1BD-52F76AA2B825 (resized).jpeg7E0F5009-97D3-4DCA-B1BD-52F76AA2B825 (resized).jpeg

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Farting around with adding a splinter and shredder mod.... what do you all think? Love my pro!
[quoted image]

Personally not my thing, the shredder blocks the turtle van and their scale is way to big!

Also are they the movie figures? If I was going to put figures in my game I would have to match the theme myself, cartoon figures so it matches the art style.

#1334 3 years ago

Does anyone’s cowabunga light stay on dim at all times? It does flash correctly then goes back to low steady on‘(Thinking bad led board) any suggestions?

284BD2FF-5873-4CDA-8B64-2359049538B9 (resized).jpeg284BD2FF-5873-4CDA-8B64-2359049538B9 (resized).jpeg49A5DCBD-3F9A-4F72-9A7A-8A8254322EF5 (resized).jpeg49A5DCBD-3F9A-4F72-9A7A-8A8254322EF5 (resized).jpeg
#1335 3 years ago

Pro version NIB arrived !
kids and wife loves it, especially the coop mode.
Damn, it's fast paced game. ramps are really blazing, some air balls or ball leaving the rail or going above the opto..
And a couple of time, i got 2 balls served in the launcher, common issue ?
Otherwise, seems really a good packed game, with a lot to do.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Damn, it's fast paced game. ramps are really blazing, some air balls or ball leaving the rail or going above the opto..

A lot of us are having the ball fly off the left habitrail, and I'll eventually have this mod available that fixes the issue. Had only posted it in the mod thread thus far: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-

b44f862456483892e86156cb0247ee6697d4ffe1 (resized).jpgb44f862456483892e86156cb0247ee6697d4ffe1 (resized).jpgf334f9452a3e51f93d50026e2db044a8fe173652 (resized).jpgf334f9452a3e51f93d50026e2db044a8fe173652 (resized).jpg9a6f204adabc8ac2675cdca746db15ef4941c2d8 (resized).jpg9a6f204adabc8ac2675cdca746db15ef4941c2d8 (resized).jpg
#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A lot of us are having the ball fly off the left habitrail, and I'll eventually have this mod available that fixes the issue. Had only posted it in the mod thread thus far: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a great mod, and I generally hate mods.

#1338 3 years ago

That's indeed a great idea. I'm not sure yet where airballs are coming from. Blazing too fast
I need to see when I'm not playing.
I thought it was often more in the upper part.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A lot of us are having the ball fly off the left habitrail, and I'll eventually have this mod available that fixes the issue. Had only posted it in the mod thread thus far: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great!

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Nice work integrating a functional mod into the ascetic. Great idea and execution.

#1341 3 years ago

my ninja pizza parlor lock / episode start isnt working i. the three switches are registering in the lock . if i re plug the connectors it will work for a ball or two . i have been emailing tech support since monday with no replies . anyone else having this issue and or having troubles getting in touch with stern tech

#1342 3 years ago

So is the second shot for 123 foot just the center ramp? Or does the inner loop suffice as well? Or do you have to do both in either order? Seems only center ramp suffices for me.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So is the second shot for 123 foot just the center ramp? Or does the inner loop suffice as well? Or do you have to do both in either order? Seems only center ramp suffices for me.

If you hit inner loop first you have to finish with the center ramp. If you hit center ramp first then you can finish with the left ramp (I believe).

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

my ninja pizza parlor lock / episode start isnt working i. the three switches are registering in the lock . if i re plug the connectors it will work for a ball or two . i have been emailing tech support since monday with no replies . anyone else having this issue and or having troubles getting in touch with stern tech

I had this problem.

It turned out to be a loose wire connection. Opto 1 was flakey and the game wouldn’t lock balls for pizza multiball or start episodes. The code doesn’t compensate for this switch yet.

Check the wire plugs for everything that plugs into the pizza parlor opto board. Mine was a wire that wasn’t pushed all the way into the plastic connector. It wasn’t at the opto board either - I had to trace the wire to the next connection.

Took longer to find it than it did to fix it.

#1345 3 years ago

Hey, how do you update the code on these? Sorry for newbie question.

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mean about the diverter damaging the game? I do have a rust spot on my ramp though, no more than 25 plays and only one score above 5M. So they've been short games.

What should I do about this and will it get worse if I keep playing? See in front of diverter, second coil from bottom.

20200723_085136 (resized).jpg20200723_085136 (resized).jpg
#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

If you hit inner loop first you have to finish with the center ramp. If you hit center ramp first then you can finish with the left ramp (I believe).

This makes sense! When I get through it its all in one swoop usually. Right ramp, center then inner. Thanks

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Does anyone’s cowabunga light stay on dim at all times? It does flash correctly then goes back to low steady on‘(Thinking bad led board) any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same problem (it also "barely" lights the Episode dot next to the Terrordrome), I checked all the connections and everything looked great, so I'm really not sure what the issue is here. I usually notice it when I turn the machine on, and when I'm about to turn it off, but I haven't had it effect my actual gameplay.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

New:
- Added more shaker motor effects throughout the game.
Can someone describe their impressions of the new shaker motor effects? Where are they implemented?

They are awesome. It seems like they simulate "hits" better. So during episodes when you complete a task, or when you are doing your training. Some are smaller effects but definitely improve the experience. There is also a big SHAKER event when you get Pizza MB.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

This happened often on 1.04, but since upgrading to 1.10 I haven't seen it happen yet. Unsure if related, just an observation.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Hey, how do you update the code on these? Sorry for newbie question.

This is at the top of every code revision readme file:

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Quoted from jonebone:

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mean about the diverter damaging the game?

They are talked about the diverter on the back wall of the game that diverts balls into the van.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/27?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.