(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 240.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there anything i can do to make the left outlane left hungry? My level bubble is dead center

I just realized there's no moveable post on the left. I guess putting a thicker rubber on the star post or the lane post is about the only option.

#1202 3 years ago

anybody seeing any dimpling? I have some spots where the van drops out the balls and was wondering if anyone else had anything like that?

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there anything i can do to make the left outlane left hungry? My level bubble is dead center

Meh, it's a Borg game. I do feel like the left outlane on TMNT isn't as bad as some others.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

anybody seeing any dimpling? I have some spots where the van drops out the balls and was wondering if anyone else had anything like that?

Overall this has been one of the best Stern playfields in quite a while where playfield craters are concerned. Extremely mild dimpling only. The playfield clear is noticibly thinner, but it looks nice here, even after hundreds of plays.

#1205 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the tips on the LE Diverter into the Van. I am #484 and my diverter was definitely eating into the ramp (there was a noticeable mark). I ran my fingers over the side of the ramp and it was rough. I decided to break into my wife's crafts and grab some felt (thick enough to protect the ramp, but not thick enough to effect the ball). I used some 3M double side tape and put a small square onto the ramp, right in the middle of where the diverter hits. Played several games and I didn't notice any issues with felt effecting ball and tested TP MB to ensure that it was hitting ok. Looked great.

The only downside is that it is white felt, and I imagine it will darken over time. I set a reminder to look at it in a few months to see how it is holding up.

Taking the plastic piece off was easy. Overall the repair was simple and took about 15m max. Even as a novice when it comes to servicing, I would highly recommend anyone to check this on their LE to prevent any additional damage.

#1206 3 years ago

Running into an issue on an LE where the ramp glider is constantly moving to the far-left position (feed right flipper). If I move it anywhere else, the software moves it back. I tried using the calibration tool in the diagnostics to re-teach it "center", but it doesn't make a difference; it just keeps moving to the left. If I manually move it to the far-right, and toggle through the positions, it always moves one position left each time I change.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Running into an issue on an LE where the ramp glider is constantly moving to the far-left position (feed right flipper). If I move it anywhere else, the software moves it back. I tried using the calibration tool in the diagnostics to re-teach it "center", but it doesn't make a difference; it just keeps moving to the left. If I manually move it to the far-right, and toggle through the positions, it always moves one position left each time I change.

From my experience in the RC world, sounds like the servo that moves glider has failed.
RC Servos have position sensors inside, and are only told to go to an angle, then generally told to go back to center.
The servo should know where center is.

Side note no update on my Pro Shipping

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

We are currently having an issue with our Turtles. Every 10 seconds the back half (prob 30%) of the playfield goes black and seems to cycle thru all the lights. Anyone else encounter this. Pulled the playfield up to see if any loose connections but don't see any. I can post a video of what it is doing if that will help.

When this happens, go into the service menu and node board diagnostics to see if there is an error message. It almost sounds like an overcurrent situation where maybe a lamp socket is shorting against something. Check all the lamp sockets in the upper half of the playfield and make sure the leads are not touching anything else metal.

Rob

#1209 3 years ago

I can’t reproduce it but mine too just went black, display froze (mid MB of course...) and after ~15-20 seconds said “restarting game” and was fine from there.

Got 75 plays, first time I’ve seen that issue.

Checked my tech alerts upon that restart, no alerts (after pulling out the interlock, that is)

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

We also had a glider issue (hookedonpinonics is my better half) today during gameplay. I don't know if the light or glider issue happened first, but basically the glider wouldn't release the ball and the game went into ball search mode. Interesting that we are both having the same issue today.

so the lights aren't flickering and the machine isn't making any clunking noises anymore, but the Glider doesn't work at all. test on the glider servo didn't work so it might be the issue. anyone else have any issues like ours?

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I can’t reproduce it but mine too just went black, display froze (mid MB of course...) and after ~15-20 seconds said “restarting game” and was fine from there.
Got 75 plays, first time I’ve seen that issue.
Checked my tech alerts upon that restart, no alerts (after pulling out the interlock, that is)

this is a known bug that they are working on I believe. only happens during multiball when you hit that ramp. should be ironed out next patch.

#1212 3 years ago

The diverter eat through the very thin foam i put back there so i just put felt there instead. Will see how it goes

#1213 3 years ago

So I've watched a fair amount of the streams and searched both this thread and the original "hype" thread.

What do the "Dimension X" targets do on the sides of the left ramp entry, and does the left ramp do something different once they're lit?

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

Meh, it's a Borg game. I do feel like the left outlane on TMNT isn't as bad as some others.

First borg game ive owned and played more than a handful of times. Love this game only thing that frustrates me is that any missed shot sends it hurdling towards the left outlane or straight down the middle.

#1215 3 years ago

I was thrilled to play this left outlane. Has an extra post that all but eliminates the Borg bounce. I got a lot of drop catch moonwalks up and out the right inlane though. Never seen that before.

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was thrilled to play this left outlane. Has an extra post that all but eliminates the Borg bounce.

I hope so. When JD played it on DeadFlip, he got Borg’d a bunch and you could see him cursing the pinball gods.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I hope so. When JD played it on DeadFlip, he got Borg’d a bunch and you could see him cursing the pinball gods.

It’s setup just like tron right side. You don’t get killed all the time on that one either.

And it’s certainly nothing like MET or GOTG, which is good.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Having same issue on my LE , in addition in attract mode I’ll see the glider and pizza wheel “chirp” just a smidge about every 15 seconds or so

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Thanks to everyone for the tips on the LE Diverter into the Van. I am #484 and my diverter was definitely eating into the ramp (there was a noticeable mark). I ran my fingers over the side of the ramp and it was rough. I decided to break into my wife's crafts and grab some felt (thick enough to protect the ramp, but not thick enough to effect the ball). .

Gotta love those crafty wifeys! They teach us how to mod!

#1220 3 years ago

Love the game a few thoughts

1. I don’t seem to get in modes a lot as so much stuff is always starting.
2. 123 foot is fun but I feel like this is running A LOT!!
3. Sometimes a drop out of the training area will go in the left out lane

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Love the game a few thoughts
1. I don’t seem to get in modes a lot as so much stuff is always starting.
2. 123 foot is fun but I feel like this is running A LOT!!

1) Don’t know as I won’t play this game for another week or two. But you have a lot of things that you can trigger to start. I think modes are lit after both main ramps are hit? 1-2-3 Foot is from the inlane, and training is it’s own deal.
2) I think from the streams is that it’s triggered once per ball and only if a mode isn’t running?
3) Yeah that’s what I was fearing with getting Borg’d.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

3) Yeah that’s what I was fearing with getting Borg’d.

Should be easy adjustment to stop this. Lean the game a tad to get it to hit the inlane instead of the guide.

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I believe there's an optional ballsave timer for this, but not 100% sure.

#1224 3 years ago

For the "glider moving left all the time" issue, I was able to isolate it down to the servo board itself (I think it's called that). Originally my playfield lights at the top part of the playfield would go out in 10 second intervals, the disc would grind. Eventually this bricked my 9A5 and Node 9 boards. Got replacements sent, installed them, disc works fine, but the same 10 second issue started occurring again. Have another replacement part incoming which hopefully will fix the issue.

#1225 3 years ago

double post deleted

#1226 3 years ago

It seems there are more problems with the LE than the Pro.

I have to say, my Pro has been rock solid. I feel for the LE owners, and I'm sure (as usual) the kinks will be worked out by the time the Premiums are made.

#1227 3 years ago

Can we get a topper already?!!! Does anyone know if toppers usually take a while to be released? Trying to pimp this pro model out. Mirror side blades look amazing on this game by the way., much better than the cheesy stern art blades. If stern would of had Zombie Yeti do the side blades just as good as the rest of the artwork, it would have been an easy sell.

20200718_161810 (resized).jpg20200718_161810 (resized).jpg
#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Can we get a topper already?!!! Does anyone know if toppers usually take a while to be released? Trying to pimp this pro model out. Mirror side blades look amazing on this game by the way., much better than the cheesy stern art blades. If stern would of had Zombie Yeti do the side blades just as good as the rest of the artwork, it would have been an easy sell.
[quoted image]

I much prefer the art blades now as they continue the look of the game and are less likely to get scratched over time.

That’s what’s good about having choices. There’s something for everyone.

#1229 3 years ago

LE#342 here. The machine has been pretty much flawless, other than a currently minor mark on the rear ramp from the diverter. I suspect that it’s going to get worse so I may go the felt route. I do laser engraving so I had to make myself a custom keychain. Cowabunga!

3318A2C2-18BE-41D4-9FCD-0743C16BB74E (resized).jpeg3318A2C2-18BE-41D4-9FCD-0743C16BB74E (resized).jpeg
#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

For the "glider moving left all the time" issue, I was able to isolate it down to the servo board itself (I think it's called that). Originally my playfield lights at the top part of the playfield would go out in 10 second intervals, the disc would grind. Eventually this bricked my 9A5 and Node 9 boards. Got replacements sent, installed them, disc works fine, but the same 10 second issue started occurring again. Have another replacement part incoming which hopefully will fix the issue.

This is what we are dealing with at the moment. We have emails with Stern trying to fix the issue. Our back lights are going out every 10 sec and you can hear the glider diverter trying to move. Makes a clunk noise and the lights go out and do a flicker. In the test menu when you try and test the glider diverter the lights will go out and then flicker back on. I guess the game will be down until we get a replacement board.

#1231 3 years ago

This is what we are dealing with at the moment. We have emails with Stern trying to fix the issue. Our back lights are going out every 10 sec and you can hear the glider diverter trying to move. Makes a clunk noise and the lights go out and do a flicker. In the test menu when you try and test the glider diverter the lights will go out and then flicker back on. I guess the game will be down until we get a replacement board.

I hope you get your game back up and running soon! My LE finally arrives at the end of this week.

Rob

#1232 3 years ago

It’s here!!!! So excited! It’s so freaking fun, not the least disappointed.

52E4E6F0-1CAD-487C-9923-4966CC4A7EC9 (resized).jpeg52E4E6F0-1CAD-487C-9923-4966CC4A7EC9 (resized).jpeg757464FC-34A0-4290-90CD-B7FA3F9A7060 (resized).jpeg757464FC-34A0-4290-90CD-B7FA3F9A7060 (resized).jpeg335E6F53-C5DF-4B68-B630-5A2A2D9A47E4 (resized).jpeg335E6F53-C5DF-4B68-B630-5A2A2D9A47E4 (resized).jpegA71A9E8A-43BB-44A8-B6F9-245B634F6A09 (resized).jpegA71A9E8A-43BB-44A8-B6F9-245B634F6A09 (resized).jpeg
#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

[quoted image]

there will be 4 toppers representing each turtle, the plastics are illuminated by LEDs.
299 $ each, or if you collect all 4 you can clip them together and get access to the pre installed special mode (hint: glider - LE/Prem only!).
Or you buy all 4 turtles for 999 $ in a package. I cant wait!

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

there will be 4 toppers representing each turtle, the plastics are illuminated by LEDs.
299 $ each, or if you collect all 4 you can clip them together and get access to the pre installed special mode (hint: glider - LE/Prem only!).

Will people stop giving them this idea!

Everyone said if Lyman is on code I’ll be buyer now he’s on every SLE/Premium only release.

We gotto stop shooting ourselves in the foot

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Will people stop giving them this idea!
Everyone said if Lyman is on code I’ll be buyer now he’s on every SLE/Premium only release.
We gotto stop shooting ourselves in the foot

#1236 3 years ago

Almost sounds like a bad servo jammed and causing a brownout to the board.

#1237 3 years ago

If your diverter is hitting your ramp you most likely have loose or misaligned components. Putting felt or whatever on your ramp is addressing the symptom, not the problem. Tighten your diverter flap and plunger / linkage to avoid it completely detaching.

Started having some very intermittent scrachiness from the bottom speaker. Haven't started messing with it yet if anybody has already seen / resolved a similar issue let me know.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If your diverter is hitting your ramp you most likely have loose or misaligned components. Putting felt or whatever on your ramp is addressing the symptom, not the problem. Tighten your diverter flap and plunger / linkage to avoid it completely detaching.
Started having some very intermittent scrachiness from the bottom speaker. Haven't started messing with it yet if anybody has already seen / resolved a similar issue let me know.

Good point. Has anyone who tightened the diverter had it come loose again?

#1239 3 years ago

After sending Stern some videos of the problem they are sending us a new glider assembly.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Why not go further?

LE
-LE Raphael Edition, MSRP $10,599
-LE Donatello Edition, MSRP $10,299
-LE Splinter Edition, MSRP $11,599

Premium
-Premium April O'Neill Edition, MSRP $8,099
-Premium Michaelangelo Edition, MSRP $8,099
-Premium Baby Turtle Edition, MSRP $8,199

Pro
-Pro Leonardo Edition, MSRP $6,499
-Pro Shredder Edition, MSRP $6,899

Each edition has unique features, modes, and artwork! LE Editions come with adjustable leg levelers, coin door, clear coated playfield, and up to three flippers. Buy all eight editions and be welcomed into the "Stern Lifestyle Lifer" club, and receive a discount on toppers* for each machine!

*While supplies last. Subject to availability and offer may change at any time. Toppers only available to "Stern Lifestyle Lifer" club members.

#1241 3 years ago

Hopefully going to play the pro on Friday. The more I watch streams, the more I get flashbacks to Ghostbusters with the high percentage of bricky shots and short ball times. Anyone else feeling this way, or are all the streamers just taking a while to find their shots?

#1242 3 years ago

so how exactly are yall getting to this loose screw under the diverter? is anyone having issues with it coming back out? Stern said they might have accidentally used the wrong size screws. thx.

20200721_135515 (resized).jpg20200721_135515 (resized).jpg
#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Hopefully going to play the pro on Friday. The more I watch streams, the more I get flashbacks to Ghostbusters with the high percentage of bricky shots and short ball times. Anyone else feeling this way, or are all the streamers just taking a while to find their shots?

It's a different layout, and that third flipper into the inner loop or middle ramp requires high-precision shot timing to get the one you actually want when the ball comes screaming around the top. I think people's muscle memory is taking time to adjust.

#1244 3 years ago

Cowabunga.
Today was the presentation of the turtles airbrush kit from us, thank you again to RB Flip France for awesome pictures

07FF50D7-51E7-4D28-9197-6462272856CA (resized).jpeg07FF50D7-51E7-4D28-9197-6462272856CA (resized).jpeg3BE02A5A-CCF1-45CE-A2E3-C9B8EB54E3C1 (resized).jpeg3BE02A5A-CCF1-45CE-A2E3-C9B8EB54E3C1 (resized).jpeg5D9BA050-6E2B-4B67-95B1-FE541BBABDDF (resized).jpeg5D9BA050-6E2B-4B67-95B1-FE541BBABDDF (resized).jpeg5FDEAB9A-9A32-4062-A0F3-BEB71ADAABAD (resized).jpeg5FDEAB9A-9A32-4062-A0F3-BEB71ADAABAD (resized).jpeg6CFC47E0-9D07-450E-A351-66660FBB2C67 (resized).jpeg6CFC47E0-9D07-450E-A351-66660FBB2C67 (resized).jpegA094CE1E-CFEE-45C2-9005-63F93BDA4FE9 (resized).jpegA094CE1E-CFEE-45C2-9005-63F93BDA4FE9 (resized).jpegB00074E4-A4A0-4312-B685-6CB96B3E4C92 (resized).jpegB00074E4-A4A0-4312-B685-6CB96B3E4C92 (resized).jpegB4467710-FCFB-4335-B49A-459EAB02D554 (resized).jpegB4467710-FCFB-4335-B49A-459EAB02D554 (resized).jpegE57C6479-1207-4BBD-9D6D-D2FFC804F11E (resized).jpegE57C6479-1207-4BBD-9D6D-D2FFC804F11E (resized).jpeg
#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Cowabunga.
Today was the presentation of the turtles airbrush kit from us, thank you again to RB Flip France for awesome pictures
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I especially like the lockdown bar.

Is that the official Stern topper?

#1246 3 years ago

No, the topper is not from Stern.

#1247 3 years ago

Cowabunga.

......drool.............that is awesome.

#1248 3 years ago

1) diverter flap phillips head screw
2) hex top / phillips bottom linkage to cam connector

After removing the coil from the backboard you should be able to access the diverter flap screw straight from the back IIRC. The link / cam connection you might be able to tighten with just a wrench if you're lucky but chances are the phillips holding in the bottom will just spin. You might be able to grab the diverter flap and plunger and wiggle them around and figure out what's loose. If that nut comes all the way off it will be a real PITA to get in place again. Here's a thought though: the reason it's a pain in the ass is it needs to be tightened in place due to the cam return spring being fixed to the turtle van. Would it work to remove that spring, tighten the cam / linkage outside the machine and put it back in using a traditional return spring that goes around the plunger? It wouldn't be a big deal to get the cam back in place and the diverter flap installed that way.

20200721_144126.jpg20200721_144126.jpg
#1249 3 years ago

Cowabunga.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that lockdown bar! Could you do one with all 4 turtles on it? Is it the same green as the LE? Brilliant

#1250 3 years ago

No, the topper is not from Stern.

That topper is awesome! Is it custom made or did you buy it somewhere? If purchased do you care to share a link?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/25?hl=gtrefraction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.