(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 242.
#1151 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get cleaner to specifically clean stern hd glass?

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Sprayway spray can or Sparkle pink/purple pump (but not green). Nothing with ammonia (like windex) as it will degrade the anti-glare coating.

Sprayway is available at Target and Walmart. I like it best, but sparkle is very good, too.

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sprayway spray can or Sparkle pink/purple pump (but not green). Nothing with ammonia (like windex) as it will degrade the anti-glare coating.
Sprayway is available at Target and Walmart. I like it best, but sparkle is very good, too.

+1 for Sprayway but Sparkle is fine.

#1154 3 years ago

Loving it so far!

20200716_191825 (resized).jpg20200716_191825 (resized).jpg20200716_191607 (resized).jpg20200716_191607 (resized).jpg20200716_191622 (resized).jpg20200716_191622 (resized).jpg
#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for posting the pics.
Did this get your pizza level?

Yes it did! No more air balls. Instantly got my new Grand champion score as well now that there were fewer rejects into the pizza parlor.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The diverter: there are only two things that could be loose and causing the diverter to hit the ramp. The first is the phillips head screw that holds the diverter flap in place. After removing the coil from the back panel you can access this straight on with a screwdriver. The shaft of the diverter is flat so you shouldn't have to do any alignment.
The other element is what holds the plunger linkage to the cam. It is a large female hex bolt on top and a phillips head screw on the bottom. There is a small flange on the bottom of the bolt that fills the hole in the linkage. If this part is loose the linkage may be holding the threads on the phillips screw. You *may* be able to tighten this with just the bolt but I think in most cases the phillips screw will turn with the bolt. To get them really tightened you either have to get the cam out which leaves you with a nightmare of having to get the spring back on the cam, or taking the backboard off and fastening the plunger with the cam in place. The backboard plastic can be removed with the front mounted wood screws. The backboard itself comes off by removing the four screws from the back of the backboard to detach it from the L brackets, the. 3 wood screws that fasten it directly to the playfield. All this talk makes me wish I took pictures while doing it. Sorry, my bad.
Was going to try to remove the van and called Stern who directed me to attack from the back. It was way easier to get the backboard off than I had imagined.

If you work on your diverter you better hope the spring does not fall off,you will have some problems to get back on

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

If you work on your diverter you better hope the spring does not fall off,you will have some problems to get back on

Can you temporarily use painters tape to keep spring in position?

#1158 3 years ago

My spring came off the diverter than I stretched it trying to reattach than I tried to remove some coils so it would work than the spring popped off at the back.i looked at removing the van but the linkage is pined,I just did not want to deal with removing the van so I just keeps trying and after two hours I got it back working,just be carful with that spring and after I removed the whole diverter after the spring fell off my bolt was tight!i did not have to play with it i the first place

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

¡Me encanta hasta ahora!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

jurasic park vs iron maiden vs turtles who is the best?

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

This is a turtles thread. So turtles

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This is a turtles thread. So turtles

Nuff said!

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

50% H2O. 50% isopropyl alcohol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

Hamburger vs Pizza vs Kebab which is best?
Personal preference, you need to try each and decide for yourself.

#1164 3 years ago

How do I get to co-op mode? I tried both buttons but nothing is showing coop

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do I get to co-op mode? I tried both buttons but nothing is showing coop

Before you start a game hold both flipper buttons then a menu appears.

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Before you start a game hold both flipper buttons then a menu appears.

ah, ok, that worked, thanks!

#1167 3 years ago

I want my pro

5F20593F-C849-452C-AE08-51811DC1CB61 (resized).jpeg5F20593F-C849-452C-AE08-51811DC1CB61 (resized).jpeg
#1168 3 years ago

Almost 500! #499 came on Thursday. Finally got it upstairs on Friday and family has been playing since. I see a mark on my ramp but doesn’t seem to be stuck on the diverted.

#1169 3 years ago

Me and my buddy came up with these for Elvira. We will have a set here in the next few days for turtles to match the art on the game in green slime. Would you guys want similar cut outs on these so that the protector doesn’t change the color of the art? Or solid? Also I think he sells these on the pinside shop and eBay for anyone asking. The dripping will be a differnt art more to match the game then a rehash.

0D8F75A3-C730-403F-B04E-F57D3F6F72B4 (resized).jpeg0D8F75A3-C730-403F-B04E-F57D3F6F72B4 (resized).jpeg419D3266-6766-4BD2-8270-9A5B5E5D4BFE (resized).jpeg419D3266-6766-4BD2-8270-9A5B5E5D4BFE (resized).jpeg54122BF0-65B2-4C86-8F3C-53B31472AA8E (resized).jpeg54122BF0-65B2-4C86-8F3C-53B31472AA8E (resized).jpeg86DA3083-AE8A-4212-B778-EB5786ADA76E (resized).jpeg86DA3083-AE8A-4212-B778-EB5786ADA76E (resized).jpegAE157488-7C0E-429F-BDB9-D9917C74EC70 (resized).jpegAE157488-7C0E-429F-BDB9-D9917C74EC70 (resized).jpeg
#1170 3 years ago

I got a set of speaker lights installed. Green outer ring with blue pulsing and rotating motion.

86F55FC3-E32F-44A0-8557-4B24689CB85B (resized).jpeg86F55FC3-E32F-44A0-8557-4B24689CB85B (resized).jpeg
#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got a set of speaker lights installed. Green outer ring with blue pulsing and rotating motion.
[quoted image]

where to order these?

NM same site as the full boxy ones. Install easy?

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where to order these?
NM same site as the full boxy ones. Install easy?

Always an easy install. Make sure to read the instructions. HINT. you Tap power from the power box in the back box. Not the front of the cabinet.

#1173 3 years ago

Yea just watched zachs video. Super easy.

Side note. Coop is amazing. Played with my two girls 7 and 10 years old. The look on my 10 year olds face when she got pizza multiball. When the disc spun with the balls she thought that was the coolest thing. It really is cool.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Me and my buddy came up with these for Elvira. We will have a set here in the next few days for turtles to match the art on the game in green slime. Would you guys want similar cut outs on these so that the protector doesn’t change the color of the art? Or solid? Also I think he sells these on the pinside shop and eBay for anyone asking. The dripping will be a differnt art more to match the game then a rehash.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea, I’ll take a set for tmnt without cuts in green. How much and where to order ?

#1175 3 years ago

TMNT 84 Checking In.

Confirmed 587 plays in the last 9 days.

Several thousand balls have been around the game at this point.

I’m pleased with the condition of the playfield after heavy play volume. Though the OCD in me wants my collectible to be pristine, no divots or indentions are visible to the naked eye from the position of the player. Extremely mild clear coat divots are visible from certain angles when reflecting lights.

My rear ramp has taken hundreds of diverter hits while on location, it’s scraped up, but the potion that is scraped is under the cover and does not affect gameplay, so I’m OK with it for now. I’ll order another ramp if I lose sleep over it.

I pulled the game back home to get wiped down and cleaned, I’m going to paint the van door neon orange (it bothers me that the door is not orange) and adjust the diverter nut. After cleaning and waxing, I’ll put the game back out on location a while at some different places to get it some more plays.

Funny, my BKSOR LE and GOTG LE both have less than 200 plays, as I unboxed then here at the house and they have never left. I’m a busy guy, haha. TMNT has more plays than both combined in less than 10 days.

3AD10BD9-9869-498B-8DAE-8E39113B653F (resized).jpeg3AD10BD9-9869-498B-8DAE-8E39113B653F (resized).jpeg7A564914-DD4E-4464-97DB-B0782F503626 (resized).jpeg7A564914-DD4E-4464-97DB-B0782F503626 (resized).jpeg
#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious did anyone get a designer collectible signed by John Borg and if so what was it nothing was inside of mine

Quoted from Pinman502:

I got that with mine the game matrix said it came with a designer collectible also I guess they decided to change that before release

Your collectible is the signed sticker on the left of the apron!

0A93ECAC-93BA-4BB3-8255-0A6C312961AF (resized).jpeg0A93ECAC-93BA-4BB3-8255-0A6C312961AF (resized).jpeg1B15CB81-E2C4-4E08-A165-008A1279C5AF (resized).jpeg1B15CB81-E2C4-4E08-A165-008A1279C5AF (resized).jpeg
#1177 3 years ago

I have a back lit LED always on in my Baxter and pizza slice inserts. The main LED lights in them when they are in use or going through the maintenance test. The photo is right after a drain and all lamps go out. What would the fix be?

Inked20200719_095040_LI (resized).jpgInked20200719_095040_LI (resized).jpg
#1178 3 years ago

First step try unplugging and reconnecting the plugs on those boards

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from sballswin:

I have a back lit LED always on in my Baxter and pizza slice inserts. The main LED lights in them when they are in use or going through the maintenance test. The photo is right after a drain and all lamps go out. What would the fix be?
[quoted image]

The pizza is a standalone LED board (soldered). You can't unplug from the light board at the light. It's connected to CN5 on Node board 8b (same one Baxter is on), though. Check there.

You can disconnect at the board on the Baxter one, though.

If reconnecting the connectors on the baxter board, as well as the CN3 connector on Node board 8 the Baxter board is connected to doesn't do it, I'd look at re-imaging a new SD card. This is the kind of weird thing I might expect of a bad SD card.

#1180 3 years ago

Hello! Our TMNT Pro gets delivered (hopefully) tomorrow. Can’t wait

#1181 3 years ago

Got these ready to go they are in fluorescent green. I’ll have some installed pictures next couple days. Once I verify they fit and we are happy he will be selling these on the pinside shop

65BF887F-182B-4C07-8744-485E13255FD7 (resized).jpeg65BF887F-182B-4C07-8744-485E13255FD7 (resized).jpeg
#1182 3 years ago

Ok, so few comparisons have been made between this and Tron. Anybody own both? Thoughts on which you prefer?

#1183 3 years ago

What pitch has everyone been setting the game to? I have trouble hitting the right orbit and right ramp a lot. My bubble is just over the top line as i tend to like a bit steep

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok, so few comparisons have been made between this and Tron. Anybody own both? Thoughts on which you prefer?

I don't own a Tron but have played it a lot and they are the same but different.

Tron is simpler and more straight forward but the one thing I like more is the horseshoe to the upper flipper. I like that staging shot much more than the left orbit hitting a post and coming back down on TMNT. I kind of hate the pops location on Tron though as I just don't enjoy shooting through pop bumpers.

You can also include X-Men in the comparison, as it's the same design flipped with some changes.

None of these three games feel even remotely similar and will just be personal preference but I believe TMNT will be the better "package" with deeper rules and Tron will be simple, fast, and brutal. It's like comparing Iron Man and Metallica. Both are great and it's just personal preference.

#1185 3 years ago

6.5 and playing well for me at that pitch.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don't own a Tron but have played it a lot and they are the same but different.
Tron is simpler and more straight forward but the one thing I like more is the horseshoe to the upper flipper. I like that staging shot much more than the left orbit hitting a post and coming back down on TMNT. I kind of hate the pops location on Tron though as I just don't enjoy shooting through pop bumpers.
You can also include X-Men in the comparison, as it's the same design flipped with some changes.
None of these three games feel even remotely similar and will just be personal preference but I believe TMNT will be the better "package" with deeper rules and Tron will be simple, fast, and brutal. It's like comparing Iron Man and Metallica. Both are great and it's just personal preference.

Can’t you hit the center shot under the van and it stages it in a similar way to tron? I had a friend tell me that’s how that shot acts when it’s not lit for lock or mode stuff.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Can’t you hit the center shot under the van and it stages it in a similar way to tron? I had a friend tell me that’s how that shot acts when it’s not lit for lock or mode stuff.

Yes but you wouldn't necessarily always want to as it is also the shot for starting multiball and it feels a little more stop and go then Tron or Congo. I guess I just personally like that type of shot.

Shadow does this during multiball too by emptying the sanctum lock out the side to shoot loops for jackpots similar to the Van in TMNT. I like the implementation in TMNT quite a bit but just love a horseshoe to upper flipper for some reason.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

6.5 and playing well for me at that pitch.

Ok im closer to 7 i think

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No idea why people would make that comparison... except because they don't play them?

Yes there are common elements (cross PF shot, MB heavy, etc) - but they play nothing alike and you don't approach them anywhere near the same. I have both in the same room... don't feel anything TRON about TMNT.

TMNT is more casual friendly... you can spot things from the turtle choice and easily get to a MB or modes. Modes have good feedback on what to do... multiball is good and chaotic for new players.

TRON is brutal and hard to get going. TRON doesn't have the media feedback to guide you through like TMNT does. TRON doesn't have all the dynamic lighting TMNT does. So for casual players I'd put TMNT over TRON all day long. TRON is a players game... it is about the challenge to go far and capitalize on things.. and to play with a great soundtrack pumping. I have a fully decked out TRON and love it... but its for me as an advanced player. Wife and kids won't touch it.

TMNT is a bit more traditional with modes... easy multiballs... and more approachable.

Probably the only TRON thing I've thought about in TMNT so far is that foot combo is like EoL jackpot... people who can't do it right think it's pointless... advanced players will milk it for a ton.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

TMNT pro feeds the flipper shot in three ways... the Van lock, the orbit and the ramp drop off.

Problem is the orbit is blocked by the post more often than not.. so much so that often when it does let it go by during a plunge for instance.. you aren't expecting it and aren't ready.

The ramp drop makes the feed inconsistent... I really wish that drop was in the orbit at the back, not down into the feed.

The van lock is the only one that feeds like the quora shot in TRON. It will either release balls if the lock is full, or can pass the back through pretty quick when the van isn't lit.

The way the game feeds the upper flipper is one of my gripes with the game. Honestly the most reliable way is to shoot the left orbit and let the post stop the ball and it feeds back down to the flipper.

#1191 3 years ago

Having an issue with the turtle van once in a while. Seems like code that can be fixed. A ball will go into the van via the orbit and then the game will just stop for a minute. After waiting the game will do flipper and coil tests. On the third time it releases all the balls from the van finally. Anyone else?

Also my diveter has cut through the foam i put there. So i guess i need something stronger

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TMNT feeds the flipper shot in three ways... the Van lock, the orbit and the ramp drop off.
Problem is the orbit is blocked by the post more often than not.. so much so that often when it does let it go by during a plunge for instance.. you aren't expecting it and aren't ready.
The ramp drop makes the feed inconsistent... I really wish that drop was in the orbit at the back, not down into the feed.
The van lock is the only one that feeds like the quora shot in TRON. It will either release balls if the lock is full, or can pass the back through pretty quick when the van isn't lit.
The way the game feeds the upper flipper is one of my gripes with the game. Honestly the most reliable way is to shoot the left orbit and let the post stop the ball and it feeds back down to the flipper.

Agreed and all good points. I haven't played a Pro yet but I am hoping the plunge not going up on the ramp makes the Center Ramp more easily hit as the ball shouldn't be hopping across the playfield.

I don't know if enough people have played both to comment.

#1193 3 years ago

My distro just told me that they will be getting Pros in next week (mine included!)

#1194 3 years ago

Installed shaker motor in my pro, not too thrilled. I have it set to maximun use, it only comes on during multiball modes. On GB pro, my machine would shake a lot more. Hopefully it gets cleared up with new code. It makes it more fun for newer players that have a hard time activating multiball, or harder modes.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Installed shaker motor in my pro, not too thrilled. I have it set to maximun use, it only comes on during multiball modes. On GB pro, my machine would shake a lot more. Hopefully it gets cleared up with new code. It makes it more fun for newer players that have a hard time activating multiball, or harder modes.

Dwight has said he is going to integrate the shaker more with future code updates.

#1196 3 years ago

We are currently having an issue with our Turtles. Every 10 seconds the back half (prob 30%) of the playfield goes black and seems to cycle thru all the lights. Anyone else encounter this. Pulled the playfield up to see if any loose connections but don't see any. I can post a video of what it is doing if that will help.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

We are currently having an issue with our Turtles. Every 10 seconds the back half (prob 30%) of the playfield goes black and seems to cycle thru all the lights. Anyone else encounter this. Pulled the playfield up to see if any loose connections but don't see any. I can post a video of what it is doing if that will help.

Most of these issues can be solved by reseating the LED node board associated with those lights. In this case I would just reseat all the node boards and see it that does it because I don't know which one it would be.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

weird. I've had my turtles on pretty much non stop since I got it with no issues and am just now in the last hour having this exact issue. the lights are dim in the back of the playfield. also noticed the glider isn't working =(

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

weird. I've had my turtles on pretty much non stop since I got it with no issues and am just now in the last hour having this exact issue. the lights are dim in the back of the playfield. also noticed the glider isn't working =(

We also had a glider issue (HookedonPinonics is my better half) today during gameplay. I don't know if the light or glider issue happened first, but basically the glider wouldn't release the ball and the game went into ball search mode. Interesting that we are both having the same issue today.

#1200 3 years ago

Is there anything i can do to make the left outlane left hungry? My level bubble is dead center

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/24?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.