(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,344 posts
  • 837 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 339 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 289 votes
    50%
  • Premium 170 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(579 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8923 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1162 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2417 (resized).jpeg
camphoto_1804928587 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Kratzer_1 (resized).jpeg
Kratzer_2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
RAMP_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1789 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
tmnt install (resized).jpg
Bracket3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 247.
#12251 37 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Picked up a torn box neca krang body, pretty excited. It looks so good above the van. Now I just have to cross my fingers my buddy can print the mounting plate by the time it arrives.
What mousers are yall using? The grey ones from the nickelodeon 7 pack look decent. The black ones are odd.

I collect all the neca stuff, and the neca tmnt cartoon line is the most accurate toy line for this cartoon. The mousers you mentioned are spot on.

#12252 36 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I collect all the neca stuff, and the neca tmnt cartoon line is the most accurate toy line for this cartoon. The mousers you mentioned are spot on.

Sweet! Im trying to find some singles for cheap. Think Ive got a line on 3 and 2 turtles I wont use for $12. Not bad.

#12253 36 days ago

@pinmonk…..I will purchase one also if you re run them!!

#12254 36 days ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Ugh! Im on the fence. Id really like something more colorful. For some reason this one reminds me of halloween makeup packages from the 90s. Im so weird lol.

#12255 36 days ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I'll post when I re-run them. In the process I intend to improve it a bit on the underside for a better fit. Hopefully have it done this summer.

#12256 36 days ago

Hi Pinsiders,

i need your help. On my Turtles Premium, there is now a small white scratch about 1-1.5 cm long on the right decal in the letter R of the Turtles logo.

My son crashed into it with his desk chair.

Is there a way of concealing the whole thing a little with a green waterproof touch-up pen or paint pen? I guess i have to find the the right matching colors, light green, green and black?

Have any of you tried something like that?

I would be very pleased if someone here with a similar problem could report how to make the whole thing a little less recognizable. Doesn't have to be perfect, but the white little scratch is immediately visible to my eye.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your support!

Hannes

Kratzer_1 (resized).jpegKratzer_1 (resized).jpegKratzer_2 (resized).jpegKratzer_2 (resized).jpeg
#12257 36 days ago
Quoted from Hanneslan83:

Hi Pinsiders,
i need your help. On my Turtles Premium, there is now a small white scratch about 1-1.5 cm long on the right decal in the letter R of the Turtles logo.
My son crashed into it with his desk chair.
Is there a way of concealing the whole thing a little with a green waterproof touch-up pen or paint pen? I guess i have to find the the right matching colors, light green, green and black?
Have any of you tried something like that?
I would be very pleased if someone here with a similar problem could report how to make the whole thing a little less recognizable. Doesn't have to be perfect, but the white little scratch is immediately visible to my eye.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your support!
Hannes
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you want it to look good, paint brushes and masking are better than paint pens and markers. It will take some trial and error to mix the paint to match and you probably won't get it exact.

However, you can get a whole new decal for 40 euros on the Stern store Europe:

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premium-cabinet-decal-right-820-76q7-04_42636_14404

They're not that hard to replace. I've done it a few times.

#12258 36 days ago

its only 3 shades. it should be trivial to touch up with basic acrylic paints. you need a bright green and a black, and you can make the middle color.
I don't recommend replacing the decal. any number of things may happen to it while you continue to own it!

#12259 36 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

its only 3 shades. it should be trivial to touch up with basic acrylic paints. you need a bright green and a black, and you can make the middle color.
I don't recommend replacing the decal. any number of things may happen to it while you continue to own it!

Honestly, if it were me, I'd just buy the decal for insurance and leave the scratch. That way if he ever wants to sell it, he has the decal to make it perfect again. Plus at less than $45, it's cheap and available right now. That likely won't be the case in the future.

#12260 35 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly, if it were me, I'd just buy the decal for insurance and leave the scratch. That way if he ever wants to sell it, he has the decal to make it perfect again. Plus at less than $45, it's cheap and available right now. That likely won't be the case in the future.

Second this.

#12261 35 days ago

This channel 6 building is kinda sick too.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the channel six building from?

#12262 35 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Good idea!

#12263 35 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hi. Can you please briefly describe me via PM how you would do this? I'm a totally newbie to this kind of stuff.

#12264 35 days ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

Where did you get the channel six building from?

I havent yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcub-s-tmnt-pizza-shop-and-channel-6-building

Still hoping some one will be like “I have a character frame from medisnyl mods to sell”

#12265 34 days ago

I havent yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcub-s-tmnt-pizza-shop-and-channel-6-building
Still hoping some one will be like “I have a character frame from medisnyl mods to sell”

That pizza shop is cool looking.

#12266 34 days ago

I recommend this start button mod.

Still torn on the shooter rod. I think it should be pizza related with the shooter rod housing being a pizza box. Not enough pizza mods for this game. What about some gooey cheese and topping dripping pizza some where?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12267 34 days ago

Still torn on the shooter rod. I think it should be pizza related with the shooter rod
[quoted image]

https://superskillshot.com/products/tmnt-pizza-shooter-rod
this guy makes nice rods. Unfortunately this one is missing an image, and I can't find one anywhere. I don't know if he actually ever made it. but worth asking him about it. Nice guy.

#12268 33 days ago

I recommend this start button mod.
Still torn on the shooter rod. I think it should be pizza related with the shooter rod housing being a pizza box. Not enough pizza mods for this game. What about some gooey cheese and topping dripping pizza some where?
[quoted image]

My biggest rule is no cheap 50 ceent 3d printed stuff on a machine I paid a lot of money for. I own 3d printers, and they do nice stuff, but I won't put that stuff on my pin.
There are too many nicely made parts out there to muck up a $5000-7000 item with 10 cent parts that look like they are 10 cents. To each his own, but that's a hard pass for all my pins.

#12269 33 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

My biggest rule is no cheap 50 ceent 3d printed stuff on a machine I paid a lot of money for. I own 3d printers, and they do nice stuff, but I won't put that stuff on my pin.
There are too many nicely made parts out there to muck up a $5000-7000 item with 10 cent parts that look like they are 10 cents. To each his own, but that's a hard pass for all my pins.

I wish I was smart enough and had time to model myself. Its just like a whole other skill Id need to dive into. I have friends with printers, but they cant just model me stuff like this from scratch. The sewer cap looks 100x better than just the green button. Some of the other ones he makes I dont love. I wouldnt get them for all my games. Its pricey, but I like how it looks.

#12270 33 days ago

Looking for recommendations for TMNT Rubber Kit. Specifically, the flippers. Mine are cracking.

#12271 33 days ago

We have perfect play silicone rubbers by the thousands on the shelf and ready to come your way, free shipping. In our store here or pm me.

Quoted from Mram:Looking for recommendations for TMNT Rubber Kit. Specifically, the flippers. Mine are cracking.

#12272 33 days ago
Quoted from Mram:

Looking for recommendations for TMNT Rubber Kit. Specifically, the flippers. Mine are cracking.

My slings are getting destroyed. There is so much black crap all over my playfield. Im in the market for rubbers too. Ive used titans before on other games. I hear good things about perfect play from pinball life.

#12273 33 days ago
Quoted from Mram:

Titans fell apart quickly for me on posts and slings. On flippers they were gripper and the bounce was different than I was used to. We had a hard time adjusting.

We found the perfect play rubbers from pinball life to be a better alternative - less messy than stock rubbers but with a similar play experience, more resilient than titans.

#12274 33 days ago

Had company last night, and a first go for one of the guests..she was in utter awe of the setup, but more importantly, the couple were really enjoying the lineup I had upstairs..and since I didn't sell my Turtles Premium (almost did, but at a loss), they really enjoyed Turtles..in fact she was stuck on Alien LV, and her boyfriend really was stuck on Turtles..but ultimately I got him to play TBL, and there was no going back lol...So, in a turtle shell, I am really glad I didn't sell my TMNT prem; I'm starting to gravitate to 'non-conventional' layouts..or better put, harder and less predictable layouts. PS!!! Stayed up 'till 3am and FINALLY got my STTNG up and running (after it sitting for over 2.5 years)!!!! Last night was a blast! (and it was Pizza time, dudes) .

#12275 28 days ago

New HS! Two eb squandered. Getting there. 100m here I come.

camphoto_1804928587 (resized).jpegcamphoto_1804928587 (resized).jpeg
#12276 27 days ago

While playing my Premium the glyder fell off....the screw came out. I'm confused as hell on how to get it back on because to screw it on you have to take off the diverter.... But once the glyder is back the diverter, the screw hole to put the diverter is covered by the front of the glyder. What stupid thing am I overlooking here??

#12277 27 days ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

While playing my Premium the glyder fell off....the screw came out. I'm confused as hell on how to get it back on because to screw it on you have to take off the diverter.... But once the glyder is back the diverter, the screw hole to put the diverter is covered by the front of the glyder. What stupid thing am I overlooking here??

Never happened to me but I WILL be checking my glider now

#12278 26 days ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Same thing happened to me and it was a pain in the ass, tough as nails, and a wee bit of luck to get it back together. I couldn’t find the screw that came out so I used one from the tool box which ended up being a hair larger which I’m hoping is a good thing cause I have that thing lodged in there good *knocks on wood*

Getting it back in was just pure luck. I bought a very flat 90deg phillips (see pic) and it took a lot of attempts with just very slight 1/4 turns; I had a hard time with it, but finally got it to slip in and take. It felt like pure luck when i got it. If someone finds a better way, please post.

IMG_2417 (resized).jpegIMG_2417 (resized).jpeg
#12279 26 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Same thing happened to me and it was a pain in the ass, tough as nails, and a wee bit of luck to get it back together. I couldn’t find the screw that came out so I used one from the tool box which ended up being a hair larger which I’m hoping is a good thing cause I have that thing lodged in there good *knocks on wood*
Getting it back in was just pure luck. I bought a very flat 90deg phillips (see pic) and it took a lot of attempts with just very slight 1/4 turns; I had a hard time with it, but finally got it to slip in and take. It felt like pure luck when i got it. If someone finds a better way, please post. [quoted image]

Nice! Ordering from Amazon. Thanks for posting a pic too, super helpful.

https://a.co/d/07ZYMdaP

#12280 26 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Getting it back in was just pure luck. I bought a very flat 90deg phillips (see pic) and it took a lot of attempts with just very slight 1/4 turns; I had a hard time with it, but finally got it to slip in and take. It felt like pure luck when i got it. If someone finds a better way, please post. [quoted image]

Checking mine when I get home for sure.

Thanks for the heads up fellas.

#12281 24 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That tool worked great! Thanks!

#12282 22 days ago

last night I was playing my best game ever and the game crashed it hasn't done this in over a year.... Does the newest code update still have occasional crashes when destroying in multi ball? I'm on the latest version of the April code.

#12283 20 days ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

last night I was playing my best game ever and the game crashed it hasn't done this in over a year.... Does the newest code update still have occasional crashes when destroying in multi ball? I'm on the latest version of the April code.

Nope, it's solid now. If it happens again I'd re-seat everything and/or upgrade your SD card if you haven't already. A fresh, new image never hurts either.

#12284 19 days ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

what about the temperatur !?

#12285 16 days ago

About to do an order from Pinball Life and suddenly remembered reading suggestions of trying a thicker rubber ring on the left outlane.

Does anyone know what the correct size thicker ring would be from Pinball Life? I also looked to see if they have double/twin/siamese posts but didn't find any.

Thanks!

#12286 16 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

About to do an order from Pinball Life and suddenly remembered reading suggestions of trying a thicker rubber ring on the left outlane.
Does anyone know what the correct size thicker ring would be from Pinball Life? I also looked to see if they have double/twin/siamese posts but didn't find any.
Thanks!

Are you thinking of this?
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

#12287 16 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Thanks!

Got my siamese post from Rocket City

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04398-conjoined-siamese-double-post-any-color-including-white

#12289 16 days ago

Next time I get something from Rocket City I'll throw one of these in with it, thanks!

#12290 15 days ago

This is what my game came with. I thought about removing it, but the damn lair still dumps balls down there if you dont nudge it. Leaving it.

#12291 15 days ago

This is what my game came with. I thought about removing it, but the damn lair still dumps balls down there if you dont nudge it. Leaving it.

Imagine that lair dump without it haha. Why I added it, even out the right and left and give me a fighting chance.

#12292 15 days ago

Finally tracked down an LE for a great price! Got it home to find out Stern used the exact same powder color on Foo! Kind of disappointed in them for not mixing it up a little. Gotta rearrange a little now to mix it up. Aside from that the thing sure is pretty glad i made the upgrade from the premium.

IMG_1162 (resized).jpegIMG_1162 (resized).jpegIMG_1163 (resized).jpegIMG_1163 (resized).jpeg
#12293 15 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

Imagine that lair dump without it haha. Why I added it, even out the right and left and give me a fighting chance.

I've got maybe 500 games on mine. I don't think I've EVER had the lair go down the outlane. and I don't even get Borged that much. stock setup over there, though I did swap to clear titans. I wonder if it's just my pitch or level or what. game plays pretty well.

#12294 15 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I've got maybe 500 games on mine. I don't think I've EVER had the lair go down the outlane. and I don't even get Borged that much. stock setup over there, though I did swap to clear titans. I wonder if it's just my pitch or level or what. game plays pretty well.

Would happen often and I would look around like I was on the gong show or something.

Between Turtles and Metallica, I get Borged daily haha.

#12295 15 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I've never had an issue with my Pro draining Lair discharged balls out the outlane either, and I likewise do not get Borged very much, both of which I'm quite happy about. I know some owners do have both happening much more frequently than you and I do. I wonder if this can be chalked up to slight manufacturing variances, leveling issues, and possible slight playfield warps that may otherwise go unnoticed?

#12296 14 days ago

Hey club buddies been long time since I posted here.

A couple of things up for discussion on turtles. One of the issues that people get frustrated over is scoring imbalances and the weird way scoring is so low because of that imbalance.

Plus the issue of a real cool feature Pizza toppings, which most people do not know how to accumulate or use. Even with an explanation card it’s still difficult to implement. So most people just give up and let whatever happen.

Turtle level up was supposed to be a really cool feature, but this too is difficult on that layout. Because once you complete four turtles, times four levels each, you’ve battled through 16 levels to get them all completed. Insider connected does help this, but once you complete them, they’re no longer part of the game. Unless you erase and start over. But it’s so difficult to do that few erase it once completed.

So that leaves us with nine episodes to complete, with not much else going on in the game unless you’re able to get to Cowabunga. (Which I’ve never gotten there in over four years of ownership, even though I regularly complete all episodes every time I play. Must admit I’ve never focused on completing all requirements. Have any of you beaten cowabunga?)

Backhanding is the only way really to play this game. But then flipper fade enters the fray, not allowing to complete backhand shots.

System J cards helped explain some of this, but it’s a lot of happenstance getting through game goals.

I know Dwight was frustrated that the false top 100 did not have TMNT listed in the top 10 games ever. He finally concluded it was just too tough of a shooter.

What do you guys think about these points?

#12297 14 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Insider connected does help this, but once you complete them, they’re no longer part of the game. Unless you erase and start over.

Start a game without being logged in? The horror, I know!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Backhanding is the only way really to play this game. But then flipper fade enters the fray, not allowing to complete backhand shots.

I can't backhand in my game. Right ramp sometimes, but very hard. Kinda stinks. Are your flippers actively cooled? Hard to complain about flipper fade if not. Have you tried precision flippers? I may try some. But stern also has new flipper bushings which apparently lets you turn down power. Less slop, less fade. May try this first since the parts are cheap.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

not much else going on in the game unless
I’ve never focused on completing all requirements.
it’s a lot of happenstance getting through game goals.

Confused. There's not a lot going on, unless you try to do all of these things that you have never tried to do, so it feels happenstance? What if you just walk up and say "I'm gonna try to do the things"?

#12298 14 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Start a game without being logged in? The horror, I know!

I can't backhand in my game. Right ramp sometimes, but very hard. Kinda stinks. Are your flippers actively cooled? Hard to complain about flipper fade if not. Have you tried precision flippers? I may try some. But stern also has new flipper bushings which apparently lets you turn down power. Less slop, less fade. May try this first since the parts are cheap.

Confused. There's not a lot going on, unless you try to do all of these things that you have never tried to do, so it feels happenstance? What if you just walk up and say "I'm gonna try to do the things"?

Game is real good, just a few things that could have really helped it.

#12299 14 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Game is real good, just a few things that could have really helped it.

I’m with you on SCORING it’s absolutely ridiculous.
This is a beautiful game with a lot to do but the SCOREING is what drives me and my family and friends nuts. When you play 20 minutes or so and you’re progressing through the game pretty good and look at your score of 15 million it’s frustrating and sucks. HEY DWIGHT FIX THE DAMN SCOREING AND THIS WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. ITS like pulling teeth with him just like Munsters we had to beg for more code.

#12300 14 days ago

More code would be sick. I wont hold my breath though.

Ive been having an issue with IC lately where if I cancel a game by holding both flips and start, I cant use home team to login again. I have to scan my phone. Maybe theyll release an update to fix that and itll have more to it??? Fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pin-Tools.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 45.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 247.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.