(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 241.
#10801 11 months ago

I didn’t like how the ball hit the slot of the roll over switches when dropping off the wireforms so I picked up a set of Cliffy’s switch slot protectors.

D820EFF9-A2E1-40D2-9FE3-1C378FD64DB5 (resized).jpegD820EFF9-A2E1-40D2-9FE3-1C378FD64DB5 (resized).jpeg

4735D22E-0516-4BD1-86A8-7B6411F07D8B (resized).jpeg4735D22E-0516-4BD1-86A8-7B6411F07D8B (resized).jpeg

23C24BB5-8210-4296-ACFB-D489ECE8BA4D (resized).jpeg23C24BB5-8210-4296-ACFB-D489ECE8BA4D (resized).jpeg

#10802 11 months ago

I believe Abeflips had a post of all of the modifications he did on this game, which included installing mylar on those spots. Might be worth checking out all of the other things he did to help protect the playfied.

Just another option for those looking at this.

#10803 11 months ago
Quoted from aflamesfan:

I believe Abeflips had a post of all of the modifications he did on this game, which included installing mylar on those spots. Might be worth checking out all of the other things he did to help protect the playfied.
Just another option for those looking at this.

Mylar isn’t going to protect the vulnerable thin edge of the clearcoat at the slot where the ball hits as well.

#10804 11 months ago

Not a member, but took the family to see Dungeons and Dragons (Honor among thieves) yesterday, and we all loved it! It was a pretty small house and they showed the new TMNT trailer done ala Into the Spiderverse style. When it was over my 7 year old boy said loudly, "That looks bad!" and got a house laugh. Judge for yourself.

#10805 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Not a member, but took the family to see Dungeons and Dragons (Honor among thieves) yesterday, and we all loved it! It was a pretty small house and they showed the new TMNT trailer done ala Into the Spiderverse style. When it was over my 7 year old boy said loudly, "That looks bad!" and got a house laugh. Judge for yourself.

I think it looks great. Has more of a stop motion animation feel, and I think it's capturing much more of what a "teenager" would behave like. The Turtles that we're used to seeing are more like 20-something Ninja Turtles lol.

#10806 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The trailer looked pretty good until they showed April. SMH.

#10807 11 months ago

Ahhh, guys..., I've got big news! v1.55 is actually a bigger update than the readme says. I just tested it out and one of the biggest bugs has been fixed! The "I Want A Body" TUMB perk is actually working correctly now! This is huge for me, completely changes how I play the opening game now. I'm going to go though my list of bugs to see if anything else has been fixed.
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

Quoted from Greenli2:

Did the update remove the pizza slice extra ball?

Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

I noticed this too. I think it just increased it by a few slices (5?) so if you get the pizza eating contest early you may not get quite enough. Obviously this game was far too easy, so it makes sense to make it a little tougher. /sarc

Quoted from Greenli2:

Hahah yea! I was so confused! Thanks for making sure I’m not crazy

I have to apologies and have thank you guys for noticing this. I think your right that there has been a change. It won't tell you in the settings though since it just say "AUTO" but I noticed it takes longer to get an EB after updating too. I don't have IC and I prefer the April Mod, so I bugged Cabal about it, he did if promptly (Cabal is the best, isn't he?), and I'm currently testing the 1.55 April (on the Pro, no IC) with no issues. Anyways, thanks guys because I might not have even updated without you noticing a change.

I haven't noticed any scoring changes yet but I'm going to pester a contact I have on the TMNT software team to see if I can get a list of the changes.

#10808 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Agree with your boy. This looks bad on so many levels. BTW, April is not African American. That is super bad trying to change April to someone completely different. The turtles cursing is also a very bad look for our beloved franchise. Hollywierd only messes things up nowadays by always worshipping at the PC alter. This film just may bomb imo. Come on Nickelodeon protect the franchise, don’t ruin it!

#10809 11 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

If anyone wants to buy my Insider Connect and has the original apron to trade shoot me a message.
2CF8DB86-02CF-41F7-9FFF-A8414C0A1AA5 (resized).jpeg2CF8DB86-02CF-41F7-9FFF-A8414C0A1AA5 (resized).jpeg
*Edit:
This is pending traded/sold to the first person to respond via my post on Facebook.
Thanks all!

Added 6 days ago: This has been traded.

Having all four turtles on the apron looks so much better than the ugly red and white IC nonsense.

61F42EAA-996E-47BE-B236-D4E3BA5A42DE (resized).jpeg61F42EAA-996E-47BE-B236-D4E3BA5A42DE (resized).jpeg

#10810 11 months ago

Got my Turtles!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I'm surprised no one noticed or commented on two of Borg's Magnetic Spinner Disc games being right next to each other! There are a lot of similarities between both games.

IMG_7785 (resized).JPGIMG_7785 (resized).JPG

#10811 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with your boy. This looks bad on so many levels. BTW, April is not African American. That is super bad trying to change April to someone completely different. The turtles cursing is also a very bad look for our beloved franchise. Hollywierd only messes things up nowadays by always worshipping at the PC alter. This film just may bomb imo. Come on Nickelodeon protect the franchise, don’t ruin it!

One of the most iconic lines from TMNT is Raph yelling "Damn!"
Also, not really seeing them curse in that trailer at all.

Wait, people are upset April is a black in this iteration? Is it really that big of a deal? People get upset over the weirdest thing. I guess if you follow the talking heads riling everyone up over every little thing that is happening in the world.

Movie looks fun. And has the feeling that the teenage turtles are actually teenagers. Art style looks great. My kids can't wait to go out for pizza and see the movie.

#10812 11 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Wait, people are upset April is a black in this iteration? Is it really that big of a deal? People get upset over the weirdest thing. I guess if you follow the talking heads riling everyone up over every little thing that is happening in the world.
Movie looks fun. And has the feeling that the teenage turtles are actually teenagers. Art style looks great. My kids can't wait to go out for pizza and see the movie.

The movie looks like it's going to be incredible. Old heads annoyed at the younger generation is a tale as old as time.

#10813 11 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

The funniest thing I find about the whole anger thing is that April has possibly been one of the most flexible characters with regards to her portrayal in the different runs of TMNT media. In a lot of cases if you were to put images of April from the different iterations side-by-side without context or prior knowledge, you'd be hard pressed to say whether it's the same character or not.

Regardless, I am going to watch this movie eventually. Just like every previous incarnation of the Turtles, the style has drastically changed but the premise is basically the same - goofy/radical mutants fight sinister baddies. It might be good or bad, but I will watch it in its entirety before personally making that call.

#10814 11 months ago

I’ve noticed on TMNT new code update, bug fixes that I’ve asked Stern recently to address. Namely Krang speech distortion at times. Now Krang does not distort animated Krang with speech during cut scenes. That’s a big bug fix, since it’s always been there till now in the updated code. Thanks Corey and Dwight!

#10815 11 months ago

Topper arrived today! Here's a video of my modded Pro, just needs a powder coat and a few more additions.

#10816 11 months ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

The funniest thing I find about the whole anger thing is that April has possibly been one of the most flexible characters with regards to her portrayal in the different runs of TMNT media. In a lot of cases if you were to put images of April from the different iterations side-by-side without context or prior knowledge, you'd be hard pressed to say whether it's the same character or not.
Regardless, I am going to watch this movie eventually. Just like every previous incarnation of the Turtles, the style has drastically changed but the premise is basically the same - goofy/radical mutants fight sinister baddies. It might be good or bad, but I will watch it in its entirety before personally making that call.

Yeah this is true. I was trying to remember if April was actually black in the original comics so I went through some of mine and found this from no6:
20230505_120559 (resized).jpg20230505_120559 (resized).jpg
20230505_120552 (resized).jpg20230505_120552 (resized).jpg
She wasn't black, but she is quite different from perky one from the cartoons.
I remember being annoyed that the cartoon had much less of an edge than the comics but it did add a ton of great characters like beebop and rocksteady.
It also introduced the colored headbands (which didn't matter much in the comic as it was b&w.) But the headbands are pretty iconic now.
Cover of the origins issue:
20230505_121359 (resized).jpg20230505_121359 (resized).jpg

#10817 11 months ago

Can anyone tell me where to get a mod I seen for TMNT ,pizza factory or oven,goes in far right back corner,wife seen it on a game in the wild needs to have it , thanks in advance

#10818 11 months ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Can anyone tell me where to get a mod I seen for TMNT ,pizza factory or oven,goes in far right back corner,wife seen it on a game in the wild needs to have it , thanks in advance

I assume you are referring to the Medisinyl mod which is, unfortunately, no longer made

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-

#10819 11 months ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Someone’s working on a pro mod with a pizza shop that legit looks like a pizza shop right where the ball lock is. It’s a bunch of pages back. I’d hold out for that one instead. Looks like it actually belongs in the game and is in the pizza shop location too. I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I didn’t have a Premium.

Edit: found it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcub-s-tmnt-pizza-shop-and-channel-6-building#post-7482279

#10820 11 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I assume you are referring to the Medisinyl mod which is, unfortunately, no longer made
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-

Thank you

#10821 11 months ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Quoted from dapperdan24:

If that is what you're referring to, it looks like Swoods5688 is offering one second hand here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156191

Otherwise, it's correct that mod is permanently discontinued.

#10822 11 months ago

I recently got a nice TMNT Pro, but have noticed one of the insert lights is always lit. You don't notice it during gameplay and it lights up correctly, but when the game is booting up or at the end of the game when the GI is off it is really noticeable that it is not going full off. Any suggestions?
20230511_234306 (resized).jpg20230511_234306 (resized).jpg

#10823 11 months ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I recently got a nice TMNT Pro, but have noticed one of the insert lights is always lit. You don't notice it during gameplay and it lights up correctly, but when the game is booting up or at the end of the game when the GI is off it is really noticeable that it is not going full off. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Bad node board cause lights to stay on. Replacement part #520-8446-00A for our TMNT game: that has a known issue. Stern was replacing boards under warranty. Here is the part number of the board that is causing lights to stay on: 520-8446-00A (check if that light is on the same node board as cowabunga light and pizza slice light) I’m traveling, in a hotel so can’t check it.

Mine is an LE and way out of warranty, so I had to buy the replacement board. Lights stay off now and all works as it should after replacing the board. Your situation looks the same as all the rest of us that had lights staying on from defective node boards.

#10824 11 months ago
Quoted from Andypc:

[quoted image]

I had an issue with one of the flashers being on a little bit all the time. It turned out to be a leaky transistor on the led board. Stern was no help at all, so I bought replacement transistors and soldered one on. Fixed it.

#10825 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had an issue with one of the flashers being on a little bit all the time. It turned out to be a leaky transistor on the led board. Stern was no help at all, so I bought replacement transistors and soldered one on. Fixed it.

Was it surface mount? And if so, was it hard to replace?
I'm currently having some issues with my parlor optos. Stern seemed reluctant to help saying something like, 'you have to replace the opto board, contact your distributor '. A bit confusing seeing as there is 2 boards. After a bit of back and forth they said to replace both. It's not too bad right now, but when it gets worse I'm going to have a stab at diagnosing which one it is and see if I can replace the individual opto myself. I don't really blame Stern for defaulting to 'call your distributor' as I'm sure many people won't touch boards, but it's encouraging to hear others thar have had success.

Added 11 months ago:

Edit: After a friends good advice I took the optos back out and cleaned them and the area they sit in. Seems to have worked again and hopefully it holds up this time.

#10826 11 months ago

Cowabunga dudes. Just joined the club w a Pro and it’s fun as hell. It’s All stock other than the Krang mod. Thinking maybe a shaker motor next?

#10827 11 months ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Cowabunga dudes. Just joined the club w a Pro and it’s fun as hell. It’s All stock other than the Krang mod. Thinking maybe a shaker motor next?

TMNT is my first pin with a shaker and its for sure worth the $100.

#10828 11 months ago

Shaker is great in Turtles!

#10829 11 months ago

I'd recommend a shaker motor, mirror blades, 1987 code. Welcome to the club!

#10830 11 months ago

Unfortunately my TMNT is freezing up again when trying to start a game. Even if the external volume controls are disconnected and the volume is not between 2 numbers. I also tried a new sd card with no luck.

Did anyone ever figure out this bug?

Thanks.

#10831 11 months ago

Congrats Man!
The Krang with the led mod is my favorite on the Pro. The Technodrome and rgb ramp lighting from Mezel are great and add a lot of depth to the top left side of the game. I have a shaker, it's great when I have people over but I have it off most of the time. It's worth getting just to experience the NPMB shake though. I also have a real knocker that I don't like as much as I thought I would too. I've been eyeing Pinball Monk's Turtle Select replacement, but it's been out of stock for like a year.

#10832 11 months ago

I have an official stern topper, katana shooter rod, full medisnyl mod set including the burning building I’d like to sell if anyone is interested. I have a bunch of figurines as well. Shoot me a PM if interested. All are used and in fantastic shape. Prefer to sell as a lot!

IMG_1294 (resized).jpegIMG_1294 (resized).jpegIMG_1295 (resized).jpegIMG_1295 (resized).jpegIMG_1298 (resized).jpegIMG_1298 (resized).jpegIMG_1299 (resized).jpegIMG_1299 (resized).jpegIMG_1300 (resized).jpegIMG_1300 (resized).jpeg

#10833 11 months ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Unfortunately my TMNT is freezing up again when trying to start a game. Even if the external volume controls are disconnected and the volume is not between 2 numbers. I also tried a new sd card with no luck.

Did anyone ever figure out this bug?

Thanks.

I don't think so. I find my problem is directly related to the Sten volume controls when i have the settings set on headphones + cabinet volume. When my game freezes, I just unplug the cable from the coindoor and then hit the start button and then it will work. Pretty sure I'm going to abandon the volume controls on the coin door now since there hasn't been a fix for this. Tired of dealing with it.

#10834 11 months ago

I have an idea for a custom topper and was wondering if the Stern topper has lights that flash with the game play?

#10835 11 months ago

Does the code update remove all the level achievements for each character when you have Insider Connect? I'm back down to level 1 for all Turtles.

#10836 11 months ago

I have an idea for a custom topper and was wondering if the Stern topper has lights that flash with the game play?

Extensive.

Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.

Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.

It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.

It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.

In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

#10837 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Extensive.
Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.
Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.
It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.
It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more
In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.
In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

Thanks, Wow that is a lot more than I expected.

#10838 11 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

I have an official stern topper, katana shooter rod, full medisnyl mod set including the burning building I’d like to sell if anyone is interested. I have a bunch of figurines as well. Shoot me a PM if interested. All are used and in fantastic shape. Prefer to sell as a lot!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The turtles letters are removed from my topper, imo much better. It’s just two screws, I keep it in the coin box for safe keeping.

#10839 11 months ago

I made this topper a while ago. I tied same flasher LEDs into the four turtle flashers and the pop bumpers.

#10840 11 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

The turtles letters are removed from my topper, imo much better. It’s just two screws, I keep it in the coin box for safe keeping.

Pic?

#10841 11 months ago

Hi folks! Just picked up a Turtles Premium from a local pin bro! Pretty stoked!

Anyone know where I can get either the code with the Pretty April or the Cartoon code?

#10842 11 months ago

Looking to join this club with a reall well priced premium or LE now that prices have dropped. Wife loves this game, I aim to please. Shipped or few hours in any direction from central IL. Thanks.

#10843 11 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Anyone know where I can get either the code with the Pretty April or the Cartoon code?

The April code is linked at the bottom of this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-#post-6687218

You want the 1_54_5 version. Not the one with 6 in the title. Make sure you download the premium/le version.

#10844 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Looking to join this club with a reall well priced premium or LE now that prices have dropped. Wife loves this game, I aim to please. Shipped or few hours in any direction from central IL. Thanks.

Where have prices dropped?

Even used pros seem to be constantly listed in the $6,000-6,300 range.

#10845 11 months ago

Le's below 10k, used premiums under 8, that's all I'm looking at.

Where have prices dropped?
Even used pros seem to be constantly listed in the $6,000-6,300 range.

#10846 11 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

1987 code here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#10847 11 months ago

I have had several people ask me if I’m running the 1984 code. Today I saw an add saying running 1984 code. Is there a 1984 version? I thought that was comic books. What’s the scoop? I dig mine but not a turtles expert

#10848 11 months ago
Quoted from KJL:I have had several people ask me if I’m running the 1984 code. Today I saw an add saying running 1984 code. Is there a 1984 version? I thought that was comic books. What’s the scoop? I dig mine but not a turtles expert

i do only know of the 1987 code never did see a 1984 code.

#10849 11 months ago
Quoted from KJL:

I have had several people ask me if I’m running the 1984 code. Today I saw an add saying running 1984 code. Is there a 1984 version? I thought that was comic books. What’s the scoop? I dig mine but not a turtles expert

That may just be people misremembering the year. 1987 is the year the original animated series came out. A comic book version would be wild though.

#10850 11 months ago

Wrapped the lock bar and side rails with green vinyl wrap (1 roll), easy to do. Wrap and heat gun does the trick.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MPQWTBW

IMG_7124 (resized).jpegIMG_7124 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.