(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 242.
#10701 1 year ago

Does anyone have a problem with the ball flying off the right wire form? On really fast shots sometimes my ball flies off

#10702 1 year ago

I'll be making a trade on a TMNT pro tonight. Haven't spent much time on it, nor have I followed development on it much. Any must have mods that I should look into? The game is pretty fresh, about 150 plays, and has a couple cosmetic mods (ooze on speaker panel and action button trim). Anything else recommended?

I'll probably put the cartoon code unless the stock code is better.

#10703 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll be making a trade on a TMNT pro tonight. Haven't spent much time on it, nor have I followed development on it much. Any must have mods that I should look into? The game is pretty fresh, about 150 plays, and has a couple cosmetic mods (ooze on speaker panel and action button trim). Anything else recommended?

I haven’t seen the comic code, but the stock code is fantastic. I don’t think any mods are needed, just play. It’s fast, mean, and fun.

#10704 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven’t seen the comic code, but the stock code is fantastic. I don’t think any kids are needed, just play. It’s fast, mean, and fun.

Right on. I'm a borg fan so I'm looking forward to it. I hear people don't like the game for reasons but it seems to have a good following. I'm not a huge fan of Dwight code, but maybe this game will turn it around. *fingers crossed*

#10705 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Right on. I'm a borg fan so I'm looking forward to it. I hear people don't like the game for reasons but it seems to have a good following. I'm not a huge fan of Dwight code, but maybe this game will turn it around. *fingers crossed*

What’s not to like about this game? Maybe people who don’t take the time to learn the shots think lesser of TMNT? Dwight certainly put a lot into this code. Once people fully realize the pizza topping choice strategies are important to get more out of the game, it becomes more interesting. Same with keeping ball in Pic-to-Pops to increase awards, to name just 2 of many cool code features.

#10706 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Is TMNT still doing decent on location or does it’s difficultly make it a dud?

Any operators still have TMNT on location? How is it doing?

#10707 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think it’s borgs best. Fastest pin I’ve ever played. If you like speed and brutality, you should enjoy it.

#10708 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I like to upgrade all the speakers and add an external sub.

#10709 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Any operators still have TMNT on location? How is it doing?

Our local operator says TMNT is his best earner amongst his 4 locations. By far the most popular IP and players love how fast it plays, he added.

#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Borg is the fking man. His games scream kinetic satisfaction to me. Twdle and tmntle are my number 1 and 2 games. Dwight Xaqery has done some phenomenal things in many many games. For me this is his masterpiece. He and his team have brought ALL the elements together and have coded a fantastic game. The code makes you shoot the ENTIRE playfield. Modes are really well integrated into the theme eg when Baxter is the fly the mode shots move after x seconds. Final battle is a CLOSE second to horde! Like so fking close! I think people are missing how good this game is because of how fast it is. The shots are back at you lightning quick and people get discouraged by “low” scores. Again I can’t sing the praises or John, Dwight and team on this one. My only gripe and for me it’s a smaller one (for me), because I really love how it shoots and how well the modes are integrated into the theme, is that to get a higher score you have to do well in multiballs. But I can see where they were going with that.

#10711 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it’s borgs best. Fastest pin I’ve ever played. If you like speed and brutality, you should enjoy it.

Turns out I'm getting a TFTC tomorrow as well so it's a Borg party! Lol. I have TWD Pro, TMNT, and now TFTC. I had IMVE and XMLE, so suffice it to say, I like his designs!

#10712 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven’t seen the comic code, but the stock code is fantastic. I don’t think any mods are needed, just play. It’s fast, mean, and fun.

1987 code link here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

dont worry, as a XMen lover, you will enjoy Turtle

#10714 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

dont worry, as a XMen lover, you will enjoy Turtle

I miss that game haha

I put on about 6 or 7 games with my 7yr old. Needless to say he's a fan! He even commented on how hard it was, despite the other games in my collection. He loves it though.

As for me....I really enjoyed it too! Still learning all the rules and scoring strategies obviously but the shots are really good. The MB light shows are a Dwight specialty of course; I could certainly do without those. The scoring...it seems like if you don't know what you're doing, your scores are shit lol.

But so far, I'm digging it. The 1987 code is really nice also. So thanks daveyvandy

#10715 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I miss that game haha

the only pin i had 2 times home...
and each time my son was more than quick to say : "can't dig it, lets swap it..." :/
i miss it to, the Magneto really has something special, a true beauty

Quoted from FatPanda:

it seems like if you don't know what you're doing, your scores are shit lol.

well, its Dwight & his RPG style, with a lot of tactics by choosing your Turtle/perks
you will quickly learn what to do to get big scores (multiplicator is the key, as always)
but yes, very hard & fast pin, but that's not negative at all

#10716 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

I should have specified: I replaced it with hitec HS-645MG that I reversed the direction on. So this is the upgraded servo doing this.

Yes this same thing happens to me. I think it's a bug in the coding for the glider diagnostics. Notably, I don't have this issue happen if I don't run glider diagnostics. If you do, test the "far left" configuration during glider diagnostics with the glass off and make sure that you don't hear any struggling from the servo motor. If you do, adjust which hole of the servo arm that you have the metal guiding wire attached to (see next paragraph).

I also burned out the HS-645MG glider servo once last year because I had attached the metal guiding wire to the wrong hole in the servo (I documented it in post #9689 on this topic). I got a replacement and it worked great for a while, but now it seems to be burned out again and is only moving left-to-right. This is definitely the easier rotation job for the servo because it involves rotating the servo arm down towards the flipper. The one that doesn't work anymore involves rotating the servo arm towards the top, which I imagine involves some weight now that I have the Raphael glider back on.

Anyone have any luck using a different servo that had some more power or reliability?

(I also posted this question to the Turtles owners group on Facebook and will respond here if I get an outcome)

#10717 1 year ago

Physical knocker settings for free ball credits. Any one know which adjustment that is?

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Physical knocker settings for free ball credits. Any one know which adjustment that is?

If you’re talking about a “knock” when your replay is set to extra ball there is no option for this it just makes the extra ball call out when earned.

My World Cup would knock on extra ball which was awesome I wish stern would allow this, it would make me actually buy a physical knocker.

#10719 1 year ago

Anyone interested in these ooze tubes? Asking $55 shipped each or $105 shipped for both. They were installed on both left and right wireforms.

They're $65 + shipping new from the mod maker.

Original post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-mod-thread/page/2#post-7212046

20230411_193030 (resized).jpg20230411_193030 (resized).jpg

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone interested in these ooze tubes? Asking $55 shipped each or $105 shipped for both. They were installed on both left and right wireforms.
They're $65 + shipping new from the mod maker.
Original post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-mod-thread/page/2#post-7212046
[quoted image]

Sorry, but can see why you removed them, they’re hideous.

#10721 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sorry, but can see why you removed them, they’re hideous.

I mean, they look fine in person. In general, I don't like mods that cover wire forms. I like to be able to see the ball path. Lots of people like them, I'm just not one of them.

#10722 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Shredder shooter rod. Made by Pinball Mods Brasil. Handcrafted and hand painted. Professional high resistance resin and high quality clear coat.
https://lermods.com/products/pinball-shooter-rod
Also have one krang pro available.
https://lermods.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang
[quoted image]

I've been wanting the Krang for a bit... thanks!

#10723 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I mean, they look fine in person. In general, I don't like mods that cover wire forms. I like to be able to see the ball path. Lots of people like them, I'm just not one of them.

I’m with you, but sure there are those that like them, like you say, but not a fan of the look of 3D printed items.

#10724 1 year ago

Quality-wise, it's done well enough. The "metal" portions are relatively smooth and painted well, and the "ooze" portion is a nice gel.

Not that I'm trying to push my sale or anything but besides obscuring the upper left flipper and ball path for the brief moment, they're well made. Just not for me.

I'll take a solid offer on them if anyone is interested.

#10725 1 year ago

Ordered a TMNT pro this week, its scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday! Going to put it in the basement and play it for a few months then it'll go on location.

#10726 1 year ago

My best so far is 20 something million...and I had to work to get it. Besides the common strategies of bringing modes into MBs, what else should I be focusing on? I still don't know the half of what I'm doing. I know that left and right ramps relight modes at the Pizza Parlor? Maybe? Lol

Scoring is so low. Even my wife yelled out "Cmon Dwight! Don't be so stingy with the points!" LOL

I don't need inflated scoring or anything but man, when you're used to scoring in other Stern games and you walk up to this one, it can seem like an uphill battle.

I still really enjoy shooting it though. Still can't get the timing on that side ramp.

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My best so far is 20 something million...and I had to work to get it. Besides the common strategies of bringing modes into MBs, what else should I be focusing on? I still don't know the half of what I'm doing. I know that left and right ramps relight modes at the Pizza Parlor? Maybe? Lol
Scoring is so low. Even my wife yelled out "Cmon Dwight! Don't be so stingy with the points!" LOL
I don't need inflated scoring or anything but man, when you're used to scoring in other Stern games and you walk up to this one, it can seem like an uphill battle.
I still really enjoy shooting it though. Still can't get the timing on that side ramp.

Side ramp is tough for sure. One of the tougher side ramps in pinball. But so dam satisfying to hit, especially on the combo.

Scoring will come in time. I average in the 50 mils for the most part; occasional 100+ mil; with a GC of 450+ mil. Though, it is easier score on the premium.

#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That’s what a lot of us have been saying Dwight put the scoreing up up up. I love mine but play for a while feeling good I’m rocking and rolling look up and see I’ve scored 5 million. It’s like a damn workout. Lol.

#10729 1 year ago

Just a heads up the "Loyal Subjects - BST AXN TMNT Wave 3 Krang" isn't a bad Neca Krang alternative; while the Neca one is stupidly expensive..
I just drilled a hole in the front for a LED, might add one to make krang glow too, not sure...

He's the same style as the art work and look great IMO

Just cable tied in atm, need to make a better mount.

tmntprokrang (resized).pngtmntprokrang (resized).png
#10730 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My best so far is 20 something million...and I had to work to get it

what Eskaybee says

as you, first games were so "meh" !
it took me few days to remove the 40M high which was on the pin when i get it... and 1 month later i was there :

than no worry, just keep playing/learning

#10731 1 year ago
Quoted from SirFlipsAlot:

Just a heads up the "Loyal Subjects - BST AXN TMNT Wave 3 Krang" isn't a bad Neca Krang alternative; while the Neca one is stupidly expensive..
I just drilled a hole in the front for a LED, might add one to make krang glow too, not sure...
He's the same style as the art work and look great IMO
Just cable tied in atm, need to make a better mount.
[quoted image]

Not bad!
I use little squares of alien tape to secure mine. Very clean and invisible and doesn't leave residue.

#10732 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Does anyone have a problem with the ball flying off the right wire form? On really fast shots sometimes my ball flies off

Yeah. Fast-moving balls fly off the wireform on my Premium sometimes right when they get to the glider diverter. Not sure if it was already like that because as soon as I brought it home I removed and reinstalled that wireform w/glider in order to clean and re-rubber. Maybe something is off a little bit? I need to play with it and see. Or all they all like that?

#10733 1 year ago

I wish there was a high score table for just impossible mode.

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yeah. Fast-moving balls fly off the wireform on my Premium sometimes right when they get to the glider diverter. Not sure if it was already like that because as soon as I brought it home I removed and reinstalled that wireform w/glider in order to clean and re-rubber. Maybe something is off a little bit? I need to play with it and see. Or all they all like that?

Mine comes off closer the the flippers where the wire form bends it’s Uber frustrating seeing that ball fly over the inlane plastics and drain

#10735 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

what Eskaybee says
as you, first games were so "meh" !
it took me few days to remove the 40M high which was on the pin when i get it... and 1 month later i was there :

than no worry, just keep playing/learning

I'm still stuck in the 40m range. Would love to hear your strategy to get these scores.

#10736 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

I'm still stuck in the 40m range. Would love to hear your strategy to get these scores.

well, at very first, not sure about your skill at playing pinball
the key here (as all latest pins from Dwight) is the playfield multiplicator
and than the Turtles perks : using INSIDER, i spend 3 or 4 days only aiming to succeed trainings, and set all turtles at level 4...
than only go for "normal" play

#10737 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, at very first, not sure about your skill at playing pinball
the key here (as all latest pins from Dwight) is the playfield multiplicator
and than the Turtles perks : using INSIDER, i spend 3 or 4 days only aiming to succeed trainings, and set all turtles at level 4...
than only go for "normal" play

Lol. True. Yeah I never really go for the Playfield x2. Will start trying to hit that more often. I recently grabbed the insider connected upgrade for my TMNT and have Leo leveled. Will work on the rest as well. Thanks!

#10738 1 year ago

Do you carry progress with Insider? Or just training progress?

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you carry progress with Insider? Or just training progress?

Just turtle training level

#10740 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Lol. True. Yeah I never really go for the Playfield x2. Will start trying to hit that more often. I recently grabbed the insider connected upgrade for my TMNT and have Leo leveled. Will work on the rest as well. Thanks!

at level 4, Raphael will be X3... and could become X4 if you have a PREM/LE, and locking a ball in the lair (in multiball)

#10741 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just turtle training level

How does that work with players that aren't insider connected in the same game?

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They just start at level one each new game.

#10743 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don’t have IC on mine. Kinda defeats the purpose of the level up concept of the game. That said, I do slightly retract my previous statement; my average scores are more around 25 mil. But I did just get to final battle with Donatello for a 150 mil game!

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

They just start at level one each new game.

So my scores with IC will be inflated comapred to my kid's scores without IC....

#10745 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t have IC on mine. Kinda defeats the purpose of the level up concept of the game. That said, I do slightly retract my previous statement; my average scores are more around 25 mil. But I did just get to final battle with Donatello for a 150 mil game!

I've been getting an avg of maybe 7-8 mil...and that's with a good MB that scores like 1.5 mil lol

#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So my scores with IC will be inflated comapred to my kid's scores without IC....

Probably yeah, each turtle has a different perk some might not effect scoring as much as others.

#10747 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Most of my games are in the 20m range with better games in the 30s. My GC is 44.9m. I mostly just try to get through episodes and not drain but if targeting the 2x playfield will get my scores up I'll start doing that. I get it started without trying most games anyway with missed shots.

#10748 1 year ago

than, again, IC will of course help you about scoring

BUT

in the same time, you will less see/play NEUTRINO PIZZA PARTY, simply because this is available after you've just completed a training level (and finishing a level 4 is of course much harder than a level 1)

#10749 1 year ago

Well, my game has IC but I wonder if it'll better be used on one of my other games like DP or JP. I don't like the idea that I would have an unfair handicap over those that don't have it.

#10750 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Well, my game has IC but I wonder if it'll better be used on one of my other games like DP or JP. I don't like the idea that I would have an unfair handicap over those that don't have it.

Yea, starting at level 3 or 4 really unbalances the game. For example; Raphael gets a playfield multiplier for the entire game and Donatello gets a +10 sec ball saver and double scoring in turtle power mb, which is automatically lit at the beginning of the game due to his level 1. These are huge end game perks to have at ball start, which is why Leonardo and Michaelango have better level 1 perks but aren’t too powerful with their end game level ups comparatively speaking.

I would think the best thing about starting at level 4 is having fun exploiting and dipping into each turtles end game perks. Variety and something else to do is always good in a home use environment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/215?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.