(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,321 posts
  • 837 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 338 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 289 votes
    50%
  • Premium 170 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(579 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_1162 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2417 (resized).jpeg
camphoto_1804928587 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Kratzer_1 (resized).jpeg
Kratzer_2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
RAMP_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1789 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
tmnt install (resized).jpg
Bracket3 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4207 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 247.
#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

does having IC help with getting the higher scores?

Boy does it!

Being logged into Insider Connected allows your Turtle levels to carry over game to game. So you can have your turtle at Level 4 from the start of your game. Firstly, this boosts scores by 30%, second, each Turtles Perks can greatly increase scoring as well.

Raphael has perks that increase Episode scoring by 3X, and also boosts the PF X from 2x to 3x. So you can imagine how that would impact scoring overall.
Mikey has a 3X NPMB perk, Donnie has a 3X TPMB perk. And considering MB is already the way to score the biggest points from Mondos and Supers, you can see how that would boost scoring where it really matters. Im not sure of the specific values at play but I collected a 14m SJP in NPMB the other day (on a Prem with Mushroom 2x going) WITHOUT Mikeys 3x NPMB perk going so I believe it could have been 3x that value which would have been 40m+. I could definitely be wrong on how all the different multipliers are applied but that's how I recall it working when I've broken things down in the past.

#10652 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Man I was happy getting 65 mill! I've only had this game for a month or two, does having IC help with getting the higher scores?

Yes, having IC saves your turtle level and when maxed out at 4 your score will go up for sure.

#10653 1 year ago

of course +1 with latest posts, it does help to score big

but there's a negative point to having a turtle at level 4 : its harder to complete the last training level, that means its also harder to get the NEUTRINO PIZZA PARTY...

#10654 1 year ago

3 in 1 oil worked great for my noisy pizza disc. couple drops and it's now silent as can be.

#10655 1 year ago

Anyone ever hook up a tournament button to TMNT? I have tried and get a node error and believe how I have it hooked up is correct. Looking for a picture of it….

#10656 1 year ago

Anybody have problems with the Stern katana shooter rod? Just installed one and it's too short. Barely makes contact with the ball on a full plunge. Can't get the ball out of the shooter lane.

I hacked it by putting a nut inside the shooter tip and it still sucks. I tried the highest tension red spring and it sucks less, but really slams the shooter rod unpleasantly and is also too hard for my little ones to pull back now.

I consider it defective and have removed it. Hoping Stern will make things right. These are not inexpensive.

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anybody have problems with the Stern katana shooter rod?

yep - I had the same problem. I put in a post rubber inside the shooter tip rubber to extend its reach and now it works fine.

#10658 1 year ago
Quoted from Initiative:

yep - I had the same problem. I put in a post rubber inside the shooter tip rubber to extend its reach and now it works fine.

Really? Same orange spring? Does the ball make it all the way around to the upper flipper?

#10659 1 year ago

Anybody have problems with the Stern katana shooter rod? Just installed one and it's too short. Barely makes contact with the ball on a full plunge. Can't get the ball out of the shooter lane.
I hacked it by putting a nut inside the shooter tip and it still sucks. I tried the highest tension red spring and it sucks less, but really slams the shooter rod unpleasantly and is also too hard for my little ones to pull back now.
I consider it defective and have removed it. Hoping Stern will make things right. These are not inexpensive.

I had the same problem when I installed the Katana shooter rod. The red spring pretty much fixed it. Although if you have little ones, it may be more difficult to pull back for sure. What slamming are your referring to?

#10660 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I had the same problem when I installed the Katana shooter rod. The red spring pretty much fixed it. Although if you have little ones, it may be more difficult to pull back for sure. What slamming are your referring to?

When you pull back and release with the red spring. Too much tension. The handle basically slams against the cabinet.

#10661 1 year ago

That katana shooter is a nut buster.

#10662 1 year ago

When you pull back and release with the red spring. Too much tension. The handle basically slams against the cabinet.

Here is a quick video I took of mine. Not sure if you would consider mine as "slamming", I wouldn't say it is. Maybe your barrel needs to be bigger?

#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

That katana shooter is a nut buster.

It looks so cool, but the number of times I've walked groin first into the dang thing is extraordinary.

As for the lack of power on the katana shooter rod, that seems to be quite common. I didn't go the more technical route of a nut or a post rubber or anything... I fixed mine by folding up a small piece of paper and shoving that inside the tip rubber to get just that extra final bit of length that is clearly needed to make the full upper loop.

#10664 1 year ago

So is this game a ballbuster for average/below average players?

Son keeps bugging me to get it but I watched the SDTM video and they loved the game but said it took a lot of time on it to reach that point. We have quite a few casual guests come over to play and if its too hard they will play one ball and walk away.

Theme to us is great we love TMNT, features seem good as well.

Just looking for legit feedback (and yes I know you guys all own it and are biased).

#10665 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Son keeps bugging me to get it but I watched the SDTM video and they loved the game but said it took a lot of time on it to reach that point. We have quite a few casual guests come over to play and if its too hard they will play one ball and walk away.
Just looking for legit feedback (and yes I know you guys all own it and are biased).

I’ve only played on location but I would agree it’s a tough shooter for sure, the theme definitely draws in casuals but the game can be brutal. There is coop mode which is cool but even still if you are the one making all the progress might not be too fun for others.

#10666 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

All the people that come to our house do not play or have played a handful of times. Most of them are my kids friends. They end up playing for hours. I normally start them on Donatello so the Turtle Power multiball starts on the first Shredder ramp. I tell them to try for the Pizza Parlor and most get 2 multiballs within the first couple games.

A big score is difficult, but having a blast playing and getting multiballs is pretty easy, even for pre-teens.

#10667 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I'm an above average player and it is hard. However, my 4 year-old still likes it. He likes the theme and can occasionally get a multi-ball. Probably a good compromise for our household because I'd bore of something too easy and I'm the one who mostly plays. Even my 1 year-old likes it.

#10668 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Agree with the other comments so far. We set credits to 5 balls each which makes progress a little smoother. My 5 year old loves it and gets at least one multi ball most games, which is the only thing she cares about.

#10669 1 year ago

New TMNT Pro owner here. I am finding that a lot of my left orbit shots get denied by the post in the back. Should that post be up when I hit the left orbit? Feels like something is wrong and I should always be able to orbit all the way around.

#10670 1 year ago
Quoted from jdb9294:

New TMNT Pro owner here. I am finding that a lot of my left orbit shots get denied by the post in the back. Should that post be up when I hit the left orbit? Feels like something is wrong and I should always be able to orbit all the way around.

Lol, I had the same thought at first. Yes, it’s part of the code. That’s how it gives you a chance to line up your upper flipper shot when the center ramp is lit.

#10671 1 year ago

Tmnt is a great game. The shots aren’t hard they’re just back on you faster than most. I love Borg games and this for my first 50 games or so I was like what have I done. But something clicked and it’s my second favourite game behind twdle

#10672 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Tmnt is a great game. The shots aren’t hard they’re just back on you faster than most. I love Borg games and this for my first 50 games or so I was like what have I done. But something clicked and it’s my second favourite game behind twdle

It’s also like the best priced game in Pinball right now

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Even owning a few Elwins TMNT is my fav at home. Everyone else goes for the other pins first.

#10674 1 year ago

Anyone ever have the glider react too slow to a ramp shot? Raphael weapon shot is one where the glider will miss trapping the ball. Anything that can be done?

#10675 1 year ago

Honestly, just learn the shots and it’s not a tough shooter for trap up players. Slap shooters yes, tougher because of posts closer to the flippers, but not difficult by just trapping the ball, aim and shoot. Fun exciting code, with different ways to approach the game. I just tell newbies to trap up, then shoot and they love it! TMNT is an evergreen IP and Dwight loaded this game with code. Fastest shooter from upper flipper in pinball. Backhand left/right ramps and it’s so easy! Don’t get why people think this game is hard, unless the player is flailing away?

TMNT is loaded with toys, with great shots. Backhand TMNT lair to enter 90% of the time.

Hint: Pizza toppings locked in for NPMB and pict-o-pops strategy make this game different and comes alive like a board game. Few players realize the brilliance of this part of TMNT. Also, if modes are selected in an advantageous way, game is a great deal more fun.

Xaqery do hope you fix speech of Krang in certain areas, where he skips/stumbles through words.

#10676 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhorosko:

Anyone ever have the glider react too slow to a ramp shot? Raphael weapon shot is one where the glider will miss trapping the ball. Anything that can be done?

I had the Turtle Power post acting slow, when it does that I reseat the wiring harness from that to the board and it works again. Dang shaker.

#10677 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhorosko:

Game is super fast and we have that happen all the time. Does not bother us.

#10678 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

i'm a tournament player
what i know for sure : its fast, and its really eating balls (on the left outlane > even if it was much less on 2 others TMNT i've played recently)
but i really liked it without a doubt

the prob, with hard pins (owned home) is personal to each guy : will you or not become frustrated ? or the other way, you like difficulty to keep the lastability !?
my advice would be to found 1 near your home, and spend few houres on it

#10679 1 year ago

I’ve had tmnt now for a year and it kicks my rear end but I still love it. Absolutely a beautiful pin n definitely fast. I guess I’m a slow learner on this one on what exactly I’m supposed to do but I will get it. The only thing I still want is DWIGHT to make the scoreing better when you do achieve things in the game in my opinion and whole lot of other people have said the same thing.

#10680 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve had tmnt now for a year and it kicks my rear end but I still love it. Absolutely a beautiful pin n definitely fast. I guess I’m a slow learner on this one on what exactly I’m supposed to do but I will get it. The only thing I still want is DWIGHT to make the scoreing better when you do achieve things in the game in my opinion and whole lot of other people have said the same thing.

I must be in the minority. I think the scoring is fine. If you start at turtle level 4, I could see some imbalances.

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I must be in the minority. I think the scoring is fine. If you start at turtle level 4, I could see some imbalances.

I agree but in our house I encourage others to get leveled up. For guests I run it I. Competition mode so everyone is level 1 to start.

#10682 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

To me the scoring sucks because there's a bunch of difficult (and fun) stuff you can do that is functionally worthless compared to Mondo and Super Jackpots, episodes have some decent points but their biggest value is that if you play 4 of them you start Team Up Multiball and can then play your valuable multiballs again.

I do think it's actually a pretty decent tourney game though, everyone SHOULD be trying the same thing so it's a matter of who does it better.

#10683 1 year ago

Hey all, have a potential issue I’d like your thoughts on - mainly if there’s something simple I’ve overlooked vs. time to contact my distributor for help.

Shortly after buying the game, I noticed the white light in the return leading to the right flipper was intermittently going out. Flipping would make it flicker, sometimes turn off when it was on, or vice versa. I noticed that the bulb was loose and that I could push it a bit to get it to stay on.

Since then the problem with lights in that area has gotten worse. The white light stopped staying on with pressure and the red light began intermittently flickering and going out. This morning I noticed that the red light under the right sling is now intermittent as well.

I did try tracing power from these lights to the node boards and reseating connections. This did not help. Any other thoughts? Guess I’m mostly worried that the problem seems to be spreading…I’ve included a picture to show the difference in lighting from left return to right return. The white light is out and the red is very dim. First table and first real issue so any help is greatly appreciated!

3C801F18-BF66-45A3-9229-53DE05519595 (resized).jpeg3C801F18-BF66-45A3-9229-53DE05519595 (resized).jpeg
#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

Hey all, have a potential issue I’d like your thoughts on - mainly if there’s something simple I’ve overlooked vs. time to contact my distributor for help.
Shortly after buying the game, I noticed the white light in the return leading to the right flipper was intermittently going out. Flipping would make it flicker, sometimes turn off when it was on, or vice versa. I noticed that the bulb was loose and that I could push it a bit to get it to stay on.
Since then the problem with lights in that area has gotten worse. The white light stopped staying on with pressure and the red light began intermittently flickering and going out. This morning I noticed that the red light under the right sling is now intermittent as well.
I did try tracing power from these lights to the node boards and reseating connections. This did not help. Any other thoughts? Guess I’m mostly worried that the problem seems to be spreading…I’ve included a picture to show the difference in lighting from left return to right return. The white light is out and the red is very dim. First table and first real issue so any help is greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]

I’ve found the sockets stern uses around the slings and return lanes get a bit loose after some plays and causes flickering. I just give them a little squeeze (with power off!) to be tighter around the bulbs, if that’s the problem that should fix it

#10685 1 year ago

Hey folks, I don't get to buy new machines like some, some of the themes haven't really caught my attention like this one has. And I finally got to play one at TPF and really liked it albeit for 2 rounds.

What common issues do Ninja Turtles have? Clear coat? Certain toys break easily? What warning do you have for someone who is looking for one. And if I go check one out to potentially buy does anyone have advice on stuff I need to check before grabbing one?

#10686 1 year ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Hey folks, I don't get to buy new machines like some, some of the themes haven't really caught my attention like this one has. And I finally got to play one at TPF and really liked it albeit for 2 rounds.
What common issues do Ninja Turtles have? Clear coat? Certain toys break easily? What warning do you have for someone who is looking for one. And if I go check one out to potentially buy does anyone have advice on stuff I need to check before grabbing one?

One thing to look for is maybe a poor print quality. But that was really early on. But I haven't really heard much for chipping with TMNT.

I do know people have had the servo motor break on the premium for the diverter. And the occasional magnetized balls causing problems with multiballs and such.

But other than that I don't think there has been too many wide spread problems. Others may have things to bring up tho.

#10687 1 year ago

I haven't had any issues on mine, and don't recall hearing of any common things that break. I would be sure the spinning pizza runs smoothly and quietly and is level, if it looks normal in a game and balls don't seem to bump going over the edges then that's level.

Mine is a Pro so I can't comment on the glider diverter or moving Krang toy but he's not hit so I wouldn't expect issues. Make sure the diverter works if you're looking at a Premium, some have had issues with the servo motor.

Start a Turtle Power Multiball (easiest way is pick Donatello and shoot left ramp once), make sure that looks good - a Premium could have an issue with the balls coming out of the Turtle Van perhaps? Again, not really stuff I've heard of a lot of problems with, just the basics of testing the main mechanical parts of the game.

When you get it, expect to have to fiddle around and get it properly leveled and sloped to dial it in, it's going to feel a bit brutal until you get used to it.

In case you aren't aware there are two alternate code sets. I'm running the 1987 code which I highly recommend if you like the classic cartoon series, and it works with Insider Connected too. There is also the April code that is most stock but replaces all the April animations with far superior ones. However, last I heard they has some IC issues with that and I'm not sure if those have been fixed. You can see the replacement animations on YouTube if you want to see what it does, they're worth watching once at least.

#10688 1 year ago

Hey guys, I posted this in the tech forum but haven’t gotten any responses yet… surely someone else has had this problem? Glider shooting all the way to the left in attract mode and burning up the servo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-glider-issue-a-new-one-1

#10689 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

Hey guys, I posted this in the tech forum but haven’t gotten any responses yet… surely someone else has had this problem? Glider shooting all the way to the left in attract mode and burning up the servo:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-glider-issue-a-new-one-1

IIRC, that's how mine acted at one point. I replaced the stock servo with the one suggested earlier in this thread and it has worked near perfectly since (I need to do some adjustments now, but the replacement was over a year ago at this point). The post in question can be found in the topic index of this thread, post #4120.

#10690 1 year ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

IIRC, that's how mine acted at one point. I replaced the stock servo with the one suggested earlier in this thread and it has worked near perfectly since (I need to do some adjustments now, but the replacement was over a year ago at this point). The post in question can be found in the topic index of this thread, post #4120.

I should have specified: I replaced it with hitec HS-645MG that I reversed the direction on. So this is the upgraded servo doing this.

#10691 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm a tournament player
what i know for sure : its fast, and its really eating balls (on the left outlane)...

We aren't tournament players on TMNT and we got burned out on all the cheap left outlane drains to the point where we weren't playing it much anymore so I designed a mod that is essentially a double post (appropriately names "training dummy") that is based on the playfield art at the entrance of the training room. I thought, while I was at it, I would also add a little flair to the lair.

The double post reduces the spacing from about 40mm to 30mm - the same spacing as the right outlane drain on the lower post position. Our games are considerably longer and we are playing it a lot more again which is amazing with all these Elwin pins we have ! It turns out that the left outlane was like 90% of our frustration with this game.

Now - if we could only figure out the erratic behavior of that stupid glider :/.

IMG_20230325_104751 (resized).jpgIMG_20230325_104751 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171132 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171132 (resized).jpg
#10692 1 year ago

Is the double post prone to moving/scuffing the pf? Looks like it‘s only screwed down through the one side? Great idea!

I should check my audits and see my percentages too

#10693 1 year ago

well, why not ? evbd does like he wants with his game
even more when this can help you to play & love the pin

i remember on my TWD, swapping the STERN posts outlanes, to B/W ones...

have fun !

#10694 1 year ago

Shredder shooter rod. Made by Pinball Mods Brasil. Handcrafted and hand painted. Professional high resistance resin and high quality clear coat.

https://lermods.com/products/pinball-shooter-rod

Also have one krang pro available.

https://lermods.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

IMG_0038 (resized).jpegIMG_0038 (resized).jpeg
#10695 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is the double post prone to moving/scuffing the pf? Looks like it‘s only screwed down through the one side? Great idea!
I should check my audits and see my percentages too

No scuffing or scraping - when it's tightened the post rotates clockwise and the silicon band naturally butts up against the wood side rail and has no play in it.

I've changed out several during prototyping and testing - no marks on the play field. Double post is made of a durable resin.

The final model changed up a bit with some throwing stars.

My kid actually made it to "A Walk in the Park" for the first time yesterday.

I still suck at it, however

IMG_20230329_171118 (resized).jpgIMG_20230329_171118 (resized).jpg
#10696 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

No scuffing or scraping - when it's tightened the post rotates clockwise and the silicon band naturally butts up against the wood side rail and has no play in it.
I've changed out several during prototyping and testing - no marks on the play field. Double post is made of a durable resin.
The final model changed up a bit with some throwing stars.
My kid actually made it to "A Walk in the Park" for the first time yesterday.
I still suck at it, however [quoted image]

What mode is a walk in the park? Don’t think I’ve seen that one yet.

#10697 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I’ve found the sockets stern uses around the slings and return lanes get a bit loose after some plays and causes flickering. I just give them a little squeeze (with power off!) to be tighter around the bulbs, if that’s the problem that should fix it

So far it seems like this worked - thank you! So many simple solutions to small problems…still lots to learn

#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m guessing it’s final battery as they’re in a park from memory

#10699 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yup - it's "Final Battle".

#10700 1 year ago

Is TMNT still doing decent on location or does it’s difficultly make it a dud?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 90.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 247.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.