(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 241.
#10601 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You might need these...
[quoted image]

Love it!

#10602 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

If you play in Competition Mode, the persistent turtle level will be disabled.
I changed the Default Game Mode (should be in standard adjustments) from Standard to Monster (which is what, for some reason, actually makes Competition Mode the default mode). I think the Competition setting maybe enabled Impossible Mode when I tried it.
There is also a Competition Mode adjustment you can turn on, but I seem to recall it not working properly when I tried it like 6 months ago. I could be wrong though

but aren't you missing some random stuff in competition mode?
as i remember some pizza toppings are not available in competition mode.

but else it's a good idea.
But a setting feature would be so nice and hopefully integrated in a future code update.

#10603 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

but aren't you missing some random stuff in competition mode?
as i remember some pizza toppings are not available in competition mode.
but else it's a good idea.
But a setting feature would be so nice and hopefully integrated in a future code update.

Yeah, you are. Certain toppings aren't available for NPMB and I think Octopus ALWAYS starts lit at the beginning of your game. I'm guessing there are also modifications to the Pict-o-Pops awards. But, those changes are definitely worth it remove the persistent perks. Obviously just my opinion but I think they make the game far worse overall by removing what should really be the main unique focus of this game; levelling up your Turtle and being awarded perks for your effort to help with scoring and game progress.

I'd love to see this game get an update that includes accentuating this feature and balancing out the individual perks between all 4 Turtles. Also, the Training Mode itself could use a scoring buff (or any points at all?) and/or maybe light your next Episode upon Training completion. I think the 10% to 30% boost to future scoring is a nice touch though without feeling under- or over-powered.

#10604 1 year ago

Sold my tmnt pro over the weekend and pulled the mods from it. I have a krang mod, mezel glider mod with mini rahpla in the seat. Pinmonk color lens for the 9 bad guys and the turtle power insert.

Pm if your intrested in any or all.

Only thing left is the glider and Ralph. 60 shipped. Will post a pic when I get home of it.

20230315_165055 (resized).jpg20230315_165055 (resized).jpg20230315_165049 (resized).jpg20230315_165049 (resized).jpg
#10605 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Sold my tmnt pro over the weekend and pulled the mods from it. I have a krang mod, mezel glider mod with mini rahpla in the seat. Pinmonk color lens for the 9 bad guys and the turtle power insert.
Pm if your intrested in any or all.

How much for the power insert that’s the only one I don’t have. I’m right here at u in Lula Georgia

#10606 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

How much for the power insert that’s the only one I don’t have. I’m right here at u in Lula Georgia

Gone. Only thing left is the glider.

#10607 1 year ago

If anyone is interested I had these magnetic hinge logos made I did my best to color match the blue in the top right corner of the pro side art.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07770-stern-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-hinge-art-logo

IMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPG
#10608 1 year ago

anyone looking for an LE hit me up. thx, Ryan

#10609 1 year ago

I’ve found a lot of posts in this thread regarding the auto plunger failing (getting weak), but haven’t been able to find any real resolution. I’m starting to see this on my TMNT more often now that I’m 4-6 weeks into ownership.

What I’ve found in this thread is that the culprit could be either:
• magnetized balls (I use titans which never had a problem in the past with, but will try swapping them out this weekend if I have others).

Or

• replace auto plunger coil with an upgraded coil.

Looking for owner experience and thoughts. Thanks!

#10610 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ve found a lot of posts in this thread regarding the auto plunger failing (getting weak), but haven’t been able to find any real resolution. I’m starting to see this on my TMNT more often now that I’m 4-6 weeks into ownership.
• magnetized balls (I use titans which never had a problem in the past with, but will try swapping them out this weekend if I have others).
Or

I've been told to take a slow-motion video of the launch with your mobile phone to see if it's an issue with the ball hitting the sides during launch. Some have said it's because the plunger rubber needs to stick out more? For me, every time it begins to happen, I replace all of my balls and it resolves itself. I also use Titan's standard balls. They magnetize usually after about 6 months or so for me.

fwiw, if magnetism is the issue, cranking the launch power to max does nothing to make it better. Once you fix the issue, you should dial back the launch power to where you had it previously.

#10611 1 year ago

Jon9508 Where do you get the tiny turtle pilot? I'd like to add one to my glider too.

Thanks!

#10612 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Jon9508 Where do you get the tiny turtle pilot? I'd like to add one to my glider too.
Thanks!

They are on ebay. They from the mini turtle sets from the 90s

#10613 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or

First thing you need to do is make sure the ball is in the correct position when at rest in the shooter lane The manual plunger shoud not be touching the ball. The ball needs to be in the middle of the shooter lane with the auo plunger touching evenly on both sides.

If you put the game in test and fire the auto plunger, does it get the balls all the way around? It probably does

We have never had an issue with magnetized balls.We bought hundreds from Pinball Life when we had the chance years ago

We swapped out the auto plunger coil to a bigger one, turned the power down and have not had the issue again. The part number is in this thread, remember to remove the diode ifcit has one.

Good luck!

#10614 1 year ago

Hi everyone about to purchase a pro. When was the first run in 2020? And if this one is the first run, should I avoid? I’m skimming through seeing issues with earlier runs. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,

John

#10615 1 year ago

There is not much on Turtles pro that can go bad. Worst case scenario, one of the Opto’s for the pizza parlor might go out (I doubt it), but there really isn’t much to break on it. The pizza disk might need a drop of oil worst case.

#10616 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

There is not much on Turtles pro that can go bad. Worst case scenario, one of the Opto’s for the pizza parlor might go out (I doubt it), but there really isn’t much to break on it. The pizza disk might need a drop of oil worst case.

So no playfield chipping issues etc?

#10617 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

So no playfield chipping issues etc?

I think TMNT largely avoided the chipping issues. However there was a run of early Pro's that had 'grainy' playfield printing. Probably some pics of it throughout this thread

#10618 1 year ago

No chipping that I’ve ever seen. But check out the game before buying.

#10619 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

First thing you need to do is make sure the ball is in the correct position when at rest in the shooter lane The manual plunger shoud not be touching the ball. The ball needs to be in the middle of the shooter lane with the auo plunger touching evenly on both sides.

If you put the game in test and fire the auto plunger, does it get the balls all the way around? It probably does

We have never had an issue with magnetized balls.We bought hundreds from Pinball Life when we had the chance years ago

We swapped out the auto plunger coil to a bigger one, turned the power down and have not had the issue again. The part number is in this thread, remember to remove the diode ifcit has one.

Good luck!

Also make sure the manual plunger and the auto-plunger fork aren't touching at all. Sometimes the manual plunger ends up off centre enough to occasionally interfere with those forks. I often see the plunger rubber tip get kind of bent one way so if you notice that, you can just kind of re-centre the rubber on the rod. I think it happens because the rod has a bit of a chamfered edge to it but inside the rubber is just flat. You also want to make sure both sides of the fork are evenly touching the ball at rest, otherwise it has a tendency to send the ball off to the side, even slightly, and that can kill a lot of the ball's forward momentum.

#10620 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

They are on ebay. They from the mini turtle sets from the 90s

Found it, for anyone looking search for "TMNT micro mutants".

#10621 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What kind of oil? Sorry if it's been posted before, new to this group.

#10622 1 year ago

RE: auto plunger

Thanks for the feedback so far. Did some investigating and looks to be a ball magnetizing issue which is crazy as I’ve never had magnetizing issues with Titan Pinballs.

Fired up the game today; existing balls fired fine for first dozen or so launches then again back to weak plunges. Replaced with some used ones I had lying around (which I think are the ones from Marco). Played for about an hour, no issues. Now I am getting some wicked ball launches off the standup targets which I never did before. Lowering flipper power seemed to have helped with that.

#10623 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

If I were to guess, I would do a very thin lithium grease. But then again, I've never had any issues at all.

#10624 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

If you look back in the thread, I believe most people use 3-in-1 oil?

#10625 1 year ago

Donatello glider just took a nose dive. Not sure where the set screw went that was holding him on. Is getting him back on fairly easy? ie remove the Phillips screw holding the diverter, and screw him back in? Granted I can find a screw.

I just had to leave the house so posting here until I can dig into it this weekend

C0F6FF36-233A-4AD0-BF0D-6EE9EDA779F6 (resized).jpegC0F6FF36-233A-4AD0-BF0D-6EE9EDA779F6 (resized).jpeg
#10626 1 year ago

I just had my best game on the pro without insider connect. I kinda don’t want to even play for a while so it can just stay there lol. I just started playing in December and I know there have been way high scores lol but I’m just happy I cracked 100 mil on this one for once!

F3868294-B186-4AFD-BCC4-E4C4A71E4FC9 (resized).jpegF3868294-B186-4AFD-BCC4-E4C4A71E4FC9 (resized).jpeg
#10627 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

I just had my best game on the pro without insider connect. I kinda don’t want to even play for a while so it can just stay there lol. I just started playing in December and I know there have been way high scores lol but I’m just happy I cracked 100 mil on this one for once!
[quoted image]

132M is nice for sure

as example, few weeks ago, in an "insider" tournament including more than few good players, as we start to play, i directly put 117M with my 1st game on Turtle, and that was not beaten for the all day (2nd place was 83M if i remember well)

#10628 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

132M is nice for sure
as example, few weeks ago, in an "insider" tournament including more than few good players, as we start to play, i directly put 117M with my 1st game on Turtle, and that was not beaten for the all day (2nd place was 83M if i remember well)

Man I would fall out if I got over a hundred million. I can’t get passed 30-40 million it kicks my butt. I still love it and it’s not going anywhere. Lol

#10629 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

RE: auto plunger
Thanks for the feedback so far. Did some investigating and looks to be a ball magnetizing issue which is crazy as I’ve never had magnetizing issues with Titan Pinballs.
Fired up the game today; existing balls fired fine for first dozen or so launches then again back to weak plunges. Replaced with some used ones I had lying around (which I think are the ones from Marco). Played for about an hour, no issues. Now I am getting some wicked ball launches off the standup targets which I never did before. Lowering flipper power seemed to have helped with that.

I’ve had the issue a couple of times, and it’s never been magnetized balls. I put it in switch test mode and drop a ball in the shooter lane a dozen times and take a slo-mo video. It’s been the ball careening off the walls of the shooter lane because the forks weren’t exactly even.
I also had issues with the “skill shot” switch (which confirms turtle select on launch) and that was due to airballs jumping the switch. Just adjusted the forks and the switch again yesterday and fired 40 test balls in switch test, it’s working great again.

#10630 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for asking! Looks like this is the one and I'll be adding to the Market soon. I'm also creating some oozed inlane/sling protectors and an oozed edition nameplate backer. See images below.
All that to say, there will be a TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector on the Market shortly. For those that have read this far and are speedy, I have 3 airball deflectors currently ready to ship, and 1 full set of oozed protectors and nameplate backer in fluorescent green ready to ship. I'll reserve 1 of the airball deflectors for you MWM82 to say thanks for checking in and posting in the thread. Price will be $10 for the TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector, and $25 for the full set of inlane/sling/nameplate (5 pieces) oozed protectors. Shipping is $5 and I can combine. PM me for more information.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Going through my parts, I have a set(both ooze and ramp deflector) of these that i don't need any more since I sold my pro. Didn't pull the pics. See post 9141 for.pics.

25 shipped. Pm if you would like these.

#10631 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

[quoted image]

Awesome score! I have trouble reaching 100 million too.
Looking good with the 1987 code
It works on Insider Connect in case that was holding you back.

#10632 1 year ago

Not sure if already mentioned but if code updates still possible then I think two minor ones I’d like to see is the action button color matching the turtle you’re playing as and the save a turtle changing.

Think the action button now is always blue and Michaelangelo is always the one falling off the building (being saved by Donatello?)

#10633 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man I would fall out if I got over a hundred million. I can’t get passed 30-40 million it kicks my butt. I still love it and it’s not going anywhere. Lol

High scores on this game seem to be reliant on what toppings you have during Ninja Pizza Multiball and hitting the foot spinner. My highest score I think is 111 mil with Mikey. But I’ve made it completely through the story mode with like a score of 80ish mil. I’m still trying to figure the code and multipliers and all that out. I’ve had my game maybe 6 months.

#10634 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or

Do you use super shiny Titans? I had issues with those on Godzilla they seemed to magnetize quicker. Moved to standards and really had no issues.

#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Do you use super shiny Titans? I had issues with those on Godzilla they seemed to magnetize quicker. Moved to standards and really had no issues.

Yup. Exactly what I was using. Thanks for the feedback. So your regulars, are still titans?

#10636 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yup. Exactly what I was using. Thanks for the feedback. So your regulars, are still titans?

I’ve used Standard Titans with no issues.

#10638 1 year ago

Tmnt premium:

Please pm me…

I have a brand new ramp for sale $250
Don’t really want to ship this, I will be at Texas Pinball festival if somebody asked me to bring it before hand.

I also have this glider piece, plug and play diverter with wire form and everything you see here.

$350 free shipping conus . Or handed off at Texas Pinball festival this weekend.

If anyone wants any of these parts at tpf, I need to know before hand, please

3CB91BAF-466D-40D9-BDE6-6BB4D7F0B4A3 (resized).jpeg3CB91BAF-466D-40D9-BDE6-6BB4D7F0B4A3 (resized).jpeg9FA1DCFF-AC46-4C8B-A3BF-B29E7B1017F9 (resized).jpeg9FA1DCFF-AC46-4C8B-A3BF-B29E7B1017F9 (resized).jpeg
#10639 1 year ago

Have you ever been to or ordered from Carolina Pinball? Considering making a purchase but due to the distance would have to do some type of wire transfer. The pin I was buying isn’t one listed on their site and was a reference from someone else that I don’t know. (I asked to buy person A’s machine and they referenced Norm from Carolina pinball and gave me his number)

The address provided seems to be for a heating warehouse which has me concerned….

Does anyone have any interaction with Norm and or Carolina pinball?

#10640 1 year ago
Quoted from 20SidedDies:

Have you ever been to or ordered from Carolina Pinball? Considering making a purchase but due to the distance would have to do some type of wire transfer. The pin I was buying isn’t one listed on their site and was a reference from someone else that I don’t know. (I asked to buy person A’s machine and they referenced Norm from Carolina pinball and gave me his number)
The address provided seems to be for a heating warehouse which has me concerned….

Check Sterns website if they are a authorized distributor. I'd imagine there are plenty of TMNTs around at different dealers just use sterns website and call around. Also lots of very nice used games listed here on pinside to save yourself a few hundred bucks.

#10641 1 year ago
Quoted from 20SidedDies:

Yes they are legit.
I'm down here in SC and many folks down this way buy from them and Classic Game Rooms in GA.

#10642 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Yes they are legit.
I'm down here in SC and many folks down this way buy from them and Classic Game Rooms in GA.

Jason at classic game room is great.

#10643 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Jason at classic game room is great.

Agree on this!

#10644 1 year ago

Flying home from TPF. TSA pulled me out of line for this. They had to call the manager.

2f5381_4c08e94cf19747e69ca3357cd9cb852f_mv2 (resized).png2f5381_4c08e94cf19747e69ca3357cd9cb852f_mv2 (resized).png

#10645 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Flying home from TPF. TSA pulled me out of line for this. They had to call the manager.
[quoted image]

Shows what ooffs and idiots: TSA morons can’t think for themselves. Toys no less! Thousand Standing Around = TSA.

#10646 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Shows what ooffs and idiots: TSA morons can’t think for themselves. Toys no less! Thousand Standing Around = TSA.

is it wrong for me to be happy they actually did something? I mean at the airport where I'm near I don't know how many guns got through according to some report. I mean progress??? maybe ? lol

#10647 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

[quoted image]

My buddy almost had his JP Amber shooter confiscated by TSA coming home from expo this year.

#10648 1 year ago

whoops completely wrong thread... removing post.

#10649 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

My buddy almost had his JP Amber shooter confiscated by TSA coming home from expo this year.

Oh no. Thank gawd I made it thru, I had the lit shooter rod for Avengers with me. They paused on it but let it go on with me.

#10650 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

[quoted image]

Man I was happy getting 65 mill! I've only had this game for a month or two, does having IC help with getting the higher scores?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/213?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.