(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 240.
#10551 1 year ago

- my 2020 playfield sadness.
So I bought a initial run Pro where the artwork was not pulled back from the metal posts/rails and I had a number of spots where there where bad clearcoat issues. I opened a support case in 2020. They agreed there was an issue and marked that I would receive a unpopulated playfield.

I messaged them every 3 to 6 months about a status update. Unfortunately, my ticket got lost in the mix with the loss of one of their support staff, and then, after reactivating the case,
I have continued the status checks.

It’s 2023 and TMNT is off the line. I guess I’m SOL ? What day you?

#10552 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

So I bought a initial run Pro where the artwork was not pulled back from the metal posts/rails and I had a number of spots where there where bad clearcoat issues. I opened a support case in 2020. They agreed there was an issue and marked that I would receive a unpopulated playfield.
I messaged them every 3 to 6 months about a status update. Unfortunately, my ticket got lost in the mix with the loss of one of their support staff, and then, after reactivating the case,

If they promised you a new pf, do not stop until you get that pf!

#10553 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I think there's more than one person in this thread who had a bad print job on their playfield, requested a new one and then never actually installed the thing, so it's sitting in a box somewhere. Maybe you could buy one off of one of them. Sucks to actually have to spend money to fix something Stern should have taken care of free of charge, though.

#10554 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Still waiting on mine too. Just emailed them about it.

#10555 1 year ago

Could someone tell me where the setting to disable the insider connected turtle levels is?

#10556 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I believe it's common practice to make extra pf's. But I'm mostly basing this on the NOS that are still floating around from the 90's. I'd keep pestering them either way, you deserve it.

#10557 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Could someone tell me where the setting to disable the insider connected turtle levels is?

i don't think there is a setting.
Not 100% sure but i think when you have logged in and press left and right for some time you there should be a menu option to reset it. In competition mode it is also switched off, but you will lose a lot of random stuff, like toppings.

#10558 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

Not 100% sure but i think when you have logged in and press left and right for some time you there should be a menu option to reset it. In competition mode it is also switched off, but you will lose a lot of random stuff, like toppings.

That is horribly annoying. So all home scores are always better than public scores?

#10559 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That is horribly annoying. So all home scores are always better than public scores?

well you can skip insider connected, but that would be horrible too. But every solution at the moment is not good
I hope they will put in a setting in some future code.

#10560 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

3D printed some card trays. I never liked the tucked corners, especially on a flat apron. The recessed card holders on an apron are ok, like some B/W games have.

This is awesome. Are you looking to sell these? Shoot me a PM

Quoted from rapidflipper:

Update on precision flippers. After logging a few games, I really like them. It’s almost like the feeling on a game after installing new coil stops. Flipping is very crisp and snappy. One of my goals was to be able to backhand the left ramp, and I still could not do it at the recommended flipper bat alignment. I had to raise them slightly, and now can backhand both ramps easily. However, I noted the orbit shots are now harder. Always fun getting a game dialed in the way you like to play!
[quoted image]

This is awesome dude! Where did you get the flippers and the awesome overlays that look like part of the playfield?

#10561 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

well you can skip insider connected, but that would be horrible too. But every solution at the moment is not good
I hope they will put in a setting in some future code.

Well, thanks for the info. I agree it is dumb. I like the idea, but it isn’t for me. I want the challenge every time.

#10562 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

I have a new TMNT insider not set up yet, for me and my wife don't see why we need it,are you saying there is a lot of things we don't see by not being connected. Thanks

#10563 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

I have a new TMNT insider not set up yet, for me and my wife don't see why we need it,are you saying there is a lot of things we don't see by not being connected. Thanks

Probably not a lot you aren’t seeming but with IC you can keep your turtle level from game to fame which can increase scoring especially with Ralph.

You also can go after achievements which can be a different way to play rather than just for score or episodes.

#10564 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

I personally thought IC was a gimmick but after getting my first machine with IC I think it's really neat and fun. When you play a game somewhere you can scan in and have your results with you and the achievements which I never liked in video games are really kind of fun. I mean I wouldn't pay an extra $200 for IC but it's a nice add. I think they also can do ALOT more with it. (It would be nice if you can have your friends in a group and keep tabs of scores, etc. I don't think they have that yet but there's no reason it couldn't be added as well as alot more online features they could add and probably (hopefully) will in the future.

If you have another machine that has IC, you don't even need to buy their kit to upgrade old machine, you can "borrow" the scanner and spend $10 for a USB wireless dongle (or skip the dongle and just plug into your wired LAN if you have a wired jack nearby) and 16G gig SD card and setup your home team using the scanner from another machine to do the initial setup.

#10565 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I personally thought IC was a gimmick but after getting my first machine with IC I think it's really neat and fun. When you play a game somewhere you can scan in and have your results with you and the achievements which I never liked in video games are really kind of fun. I mean I wouldn't pay an extra $200 for IC but it's a nice add. I think they also can do ALOT more with it. (It would be nice if you can have your friends in a group and keep tabs of scores, etc. I don't think they have that yet but there's no reason it couldn't be added as well as alot more online features they could add and probably (hopefully) will in the future.
If you have another machine that has IC, you don't even need to buy their kit to upgrade old machine, you can "borrow" the scanner and spend $10 for a USB wireless dongle (or just plug in an wired ethernet connection) and 16G gig SD card and setup your home team using the scanner from another machine to do the initial setup.

#10566 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Have mixed feelings about insider connected.

Pro:
Training level of Turtles are saved
Highscore in Insider connected.
Achievements and Badges
Auto Update

Contra:
Custom code (would not use it with insider connected)
Training level of Turtles are save (will highscore make not comporable to others)
Achievements are one time only (after a fast time you have everything/most on the machine)

i had a insider connected to my machine, but removed it now. I do like the leveling of the turtles from 0. It's my machine, i do have all my highscore on it, i do not play so much other machines. And having reached a great good amount of achievements i was through with it.

And as others said there is the possibility of home team with a shared scanner. I am not sure for how long this will work. I guess in some future time it will be patched out to increase sales. I did never hear it was an intented feature as it is now with shared Scanners.

#10567 1 year ago

@cabal
I have a Turtles Pro with Insider Connected and the 1987 code. Never had any issues or conflicts with them so you can scratch that off as a concern I think.

If you want a score without your turtles starting at a higher level, simply don't log in. Now you're on a level playing field and you can compare your scores against others. Of course you're still assuming THEY aren't using IC with pre-leveled turtles...

#10568 1 year ago

ok thanks every one, not really sure what the difference would be with IC or with out,,,,,we play at home for fun and relaxaction,,,,we are by no meens pinball wizards at our age,,,this is a hard game but fun as heck,,,,out houdini hard not as fun,,,,thanks again

#10569 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

It's not like you have to retool the factory to make a playfield. the playfield shop is a seperate part of the factory
1. load the file into the CNC machine, stick a piece of plywood in and press a button.
2. put in inserts (this one could be an issue if it has unique inserts I guess
3. sand it
4. print it

barring inserts I don't know why they couldn't make a one-off playfield of an old game.

#10570 1 year ago

Just received my first home pin, a NIB TMNT Pro, last Friday. Was actually a family pick and we’ve been having a blast! We still can’t believe there’s a pinball machine in the house

#10571 1 year ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

Just received my first home pin, a NIB TMNT Pro, last Friday. Was actually a family pick and we’ve been having a blast! We still can’t believe there’s a pinball machine in the house

That's awesome! Have fun it is great when the whole family plays.

#10572 1 year ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

not the easiest to begin with...

have fun !

#10573 1 year ago
Quoted from DBHashman93:

Congrats! Start clearing room for the next one. One does not simply own one pin

#10574 1 year ago

Would you make the trade?

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for TMNT Pro. Both stock, GoTG does not have insider connected.

#10575 1 year ago

It's about an even trade value-wise, so it just comes down to which game you prefer.

#10576 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

It's about an even trade value-wise, so it just comes down to which game you prefer.

Sure, I don't mean value. Just curious what anyone else thought about the gameplay. I'm making the trade today just for something new to play. I'm not a fan of Guardians really.

Was getting ready to list Guardians for sale but someone local has the TMNT and we're trading. Likely only keeping it a few weeks anyway since I wanted to sell the GOTG spot to make room.

#10577 1 year ago

Well, you're posting in the Turtles thread so probably most people here will choose Turtles.

If you're not a fan of Guardians, I can't see how it would be a bad trade. Turtles is a hard game though, so if you don't like something a bit brutal it may not be your cup of tea.

#10578 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for TMNT Pro. Both stock, GoTG does not have insider connected.

I’d make the trade from GOTG to TMNT. I liked GOTG but it was too easy and felt a little grindy. Tmnt will kick your ass 6 ways from Sunday and every mode is different. Final battle is achievable and for me is just behind horde on twd for being my favourite wizard mode Dwight and team has absolutely smashed it on this one!

#10579 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Well, you're posting in the Turtles thread so probably most people here will choose Turtles.
If you're not a fan of Guardians, I can't see how it would be a bad trade. Turtles is a hard game though, so if you don't like something a bit brutal it may not be your cup of tea.

Figured a lot of guys may have both or have had Guardians.

#10580 1 year ago

Hello thought this would be a good place to get this opinion. I am on the fence about TMNT. Would you say this is the best Borg game? I play Rush and GOTG on location. I can not find a place to play TMNT. How does it compare to his other titles?

#10581 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Hello thought this would be a good place to get this opinion. I am on the fence about TMNT. Would you say this is the best Borg game? I play Rush and GOTG on location. I can not find a place to play TMNT. How does it compare to his other titles?

That's what I' aiming to find out tonight when I start playing. Rush is his best of his, that I've played, in my opinion. I have Aerosmith and Munsters here also.

#10582 1 year ago

I love this game. I suck and pinball. And I extra suck at TMNT. But the challenge keeps me coming back.

#10583 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's what I' aiming to find out tonight when I start playing. Rush is his best of his, that I've played, in my opinion. I have Aerosmith here also.

I looked it up and he also did work on walking dead. Idk why but GOTG and Rush to me they are difficult to get into. I can see why people enjoy them. I do really enjoy the TMNT theme since I did grow up watching them on tv. Id hate to spend the money on a pin that I dont absolutely love and is just a place holder

#10584 1 year ago

I've played GotG a little. It just felt kind of generic to me. Fan layout, nothing particularly exciting (on the Pro anyway, haven't played the Premium). I kind of feel like the movie clips suffer from being one of the early movie clip pins where it's not all that integrated and the fixed timers that can't stop when the ball is held/lost/etc... too feel like they're still figuring out how to incorporate clips into games. I do like the GotG movie but the pin didn't grab me.

Turtles on the other hand the theme really resonates, like I can find myself humming the theme song in my head sometimes. The game is hard but exhilarating, when you get done you feel like an adrenaline rush. Star Wars no longer feels fast and out of control to me after owning Turtles. I'm having fun adding action figures and other mods to build my little Turtles world and have moved to the 1987 code from the cartoon series. It's fun mimicking the voices while you play. I'll be the first to admit the layout isn't tippy top shelf, but I like having one brutal pin in my collection and it's really fun to play, especially when you successfully do something cool and feel like a pinball god. I would also point out that it has LOTS of innovative extra ways to play too. You've got your wizard practice mode, your co-op, your 2v1 or 3v1, extra hard modes, an entirely different timed challenge mode called Half-Shell Challenge, jukebox too so you can jam to Turtles music while doing other stuff. It even has (unique as far as I know) a feature where it will save your Turtles training levels to Insider Connected to keep your progress between games.

So for me, it was an easy decision between Turtles and several of the other ~6k Pros out there including GotG.

#10585 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

That pic makes no sense if you’re sitting at 6.5…

100% it's leveled with a digital level. I double checked with my phone app.

#10586 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Figured a lot of guys may have both or have had Guardians.

You figured correct. We have both. If we had to pick one it would be turtles for me Gotg for my wife. Tough choice. Turtles is a big ass kicker where Gotg is quite forgiving. Both themes are fantastic!

#10587 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’d make the trade from GOTG to TMNT. I liked GOTG but it was too easy and felt a little grindy. Tmnt will kick your ass 6 ways from Sunday and every mode is different. Final battle is achievable and for me is just behind horde on twd for being my favourite wizard mode Dwight and team has absolutely smashed it on this one!

I am probably not going to be popular in this thread but I would NOT trade my GOTG for tmnt. The code in GOTG is so much better in terms of balance compared to tmnt where the multiballs still are where all the points are at in TMNT. If Dwight comes back and balances some things it might change but Lonnie really did a nice job with guardians in the end with a really balanced code game. Enough challenge there to keep you coming back and you can always raise up the angle and move outland posts to make it tougher. I just really like guardians it is an outstanding game in my opinion. I like the layout on turtles I play it at our monthly tournament just wish the code was better.

#10588 1 year ago

If you’re going to sell anyway, make the trade and get time with another machine for a few weeks. Then sell when you’re done.

#10589 1 year ago

Played several games of Turtles and already enjoy shooting way more than Guardians. Ramps are so smooth and I don't find the game brutal at all. Ramps feel very much like Rush.

#10590 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’d make that trade in a heartbeat. Guardians is such a cookie cutter samey stern pin. TMNT is way more unique, creative, has a lot more character, and moments…oh the moments! The prince of breadth (Dwight) wins by a landslide IMO.

#10591 1 year ago

TMNT by a country mile, although GOTG is good too. But TMNT is the better of these 2 Borg games.

#10592 1 year ago

Is there a way to disable the turtle leveling up feature save in insider connect?

#10593 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Is there a way to disable the turtle leveling up feature save in insider connect?

Haha, I literally just asked this ~15 posts back. Apparently there is not .

#10594 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Hold both flippers in and choose reset TMNT leveling up.

#10595 1 year ago

It is a weird feature. I understand wanting to have some perks for insider connect, but that aspect of the game is now gone once you complete it once.

#10596 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I am probably not going to be popular in this thread but I would NOT trade my GOTG for tmnt. The code in GOTG is so much better in terms of balance compared to tmnt where the multiballs still are where all the points are at in TMNT. If Dwight comes back and balances some things it might change but Lonnie really did a nice job with guardians in the end with a really balanced code game. Enough challenge there to keep you coming back and you can always raise up the angle and move outland posts to make it tougher. I just really like guardians it is an outstanding game in my opinion. I like the layout on turtles I play it at our monthly tournament just wish the code was better.

Quoted from PoMC:

Played several games of Turtles and already enjoy shooting way more than Guardians. Ramps are so smooth and I don't find the game brutal at all. Ramps feel very much like Rush.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’d make that trade in a heartbeat. Guardians is such a cookie cutter samey stern pin. TMNT is way more unique, creative, has a lot more character, and moments…oh the moments! The prince of breadth (Dwight) wins by a landslide IMO.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT by a country mile, although GOTG is good too. But TMNT is the better of these 2 Borg games.

Is it OK to like both?
Ropp eventually did a great job on the gotg code (here's hoping 007 gets that treatment), but I really like the focus on the ramps on tmnt. In gotg you can avoid them I find, which if you're playing safe is smarts as they can be frustratingly tight--in tmnt you are forced to hit both. I agree that gotg has more balance score wise, but rules wise I'd say tmnt is more balanced as for shots. You are almost forced to hit every shot in the game to progress. I'm still fine with the mb's being the kingmaker in tmnt, especially since you have to play through the modes to work towards more. But team up's score needs to be doubled and the training value needs to go up too. And there's lots of small things to tweak the scores, but I doubt stern will give the team time to do it.
All this said though, yeah, gotg feels more finished code wise than tmnt. I'm still holding out hope that a big score balancing update comes. There's still a few bugs, so let's hope they get fixed together.
A code update is a ways away, imo. I'd guess at least a 1/2 year after Dwights next game is released (venom this summer? (I was hoping for back to the Future, but rumors seem to be set on venom :/ ). ...anyways, I feel tmnt *could* be one of the best sterns of this Era. I just love that the npmb and team up are different every game. My strategy changes based on what perks I get. Keeps the game fresh. Love it.

#10597 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

If you play in Competition Mode, the persistent turtle level will be disabled.

I changed the Default Game Mode (should be in standard adjustments) from Standard to Monster (which is what, for some reason, actually makes Competition Mode the default mode). I think the Competition setting maybe enabled Impossible Mode when I tried it.

There is also a Competition Mode adjustment you can turn on, but I seem to recall it not working properly when I tried it like 6 months ago. I could be wrong though

#10598 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Is it OK to like both?
Ropp eventually did a great job on the gotg code (here's hoping 007 gets that treatment), but I really like the focus on the ramps on tmnt. In gotg you can avoid them I find, which if you're playing safe is smarts as they can be frustratingly tight--in tmnt you are forced to hit both. I agree that gotg has more balance score wise, but rules wise I'd say tmnt is more balanced as for shots. You are almost forced to hit every shot in the game to progress. I'm still fine with the mb's being the kingmaker in tmnt, especially since you have to play through the modes to work towards more. But team up's score needs to be doubled and the training value needs to go up too. And there's lots of small things to tweak the scores, but I doubt stern will give the team time to do it.
All this said though, yeah, gotg feels more finished code wise than tmnt. I'm still holding out hope that a big score balancing update comes. There's still a few bugs, so let's hope they get fixed together.
A code update is a ways away, imo. I'd guess at least a 1/2 year after Dwights next game is released (venom this summer? (I was hoping for back to the Future, but rumors seem to be set on venom :/ ). ...anyways, I feel tmnt *could* be one of the best sterns of this Era. I just love that the npmb and team up are different every game. My strategy changes based on what perks I get. Keeps the game fresh. Love it.

That’s what I’m hoping to. The game is beautiful and deep I just believe if u give it that big scoreing would be fantastic. When my friends come over and play they love playing it but feel like it should reward u better after playing 25 minutes n not scoring 20 million. I believe Dwight will give us one more good update at least hey he did it on my Munsters and made it great.

#10599 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes I have owned both turtles for the win!even with the cleaned sound mod installed.

#10600 1 year ago

You might need these...

boots (resized).jpgboots (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Fountain Hills, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/212 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.