(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 241.
#10451 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there’s a purple LED flasher available for these new Stern flashers? The Donatello dome near the slings looks very pale and washed out compared to the others. I was thinking about putting a purple gel over the light but was wondering if anyone has changed this up? Thanks!

#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Does anyone know if there’s a purple LED flasher available for these new Stern flashers? The Donatello dome near the slings looks very pale and washed out compared to the others. I was thinking about putting a purple gel over the light but was wondering if anyone has changed this up? Thanks!

You can always color a white one with purple highlighter .

#10453 1 year ago

PinMonk sells colored replacement flasher domes. Think they come in green and red.

#10454 1 year ago

The purple doesn't look super great on the signs because it's very light and when the very bright LED lights up, it washes out the color. I made red and green half domes available on pinmonk.com. There's pics of them installed if you want to see them.

https://pinmonk.com/collections/tmnt-stern

#10455 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The purple doesn't look super great on the signs because it's very light and when the very bright LED lights up, it washes out the color. I made red and green half domes available on pinmonk.com. There's pics of them installed if you want to see them.
https://pinmonk.com/collections/tmnt-stern

Thank for the reply but I’m referring to the purple flasher cylinder near the right flipper, not the training signs.

#10456 1 year ago

Thank for the reply but I’m referring to the purple flasher cylinder near the right flipper, not the training signs.

Ah. The ones on the slings are using a Single LED board that mounts on the underside of the sling, so the only option to purple the right one up is to put a gel over it or swap out the LED diode for a purple one (if a compatible one exists, I don't know). I can see about making a bracket with a gel for you if you don't want to DIY it.

#10457 1 year ago

Feeling very frustrated here. I just got in my Turtle Glider mod for my TMNT Pro. Went to install it, there's just that one screw to take out where the diverter would go, and the dang screw is stripping - I can't get it out.

#10458 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Feeling very frustrated here. I just got in my Turtle Glider mod for my TMNT Pro. Went to install it, there's just that one screw to take out where the diverter would go, and the dang screw is stripping - I can't get it out.

Are you stopping the rod from underneath it from spinning? If so use a super tiny wrench or plies to stop it from spinning.

If so use a little WD-40 and try to get it between the head and the rod (put rags down) .

#10459 1 year ago

Yeah, I have some needle-nose pliers to hold the rod - that's what the instructions recommended. After I get off work tonight I'll try the WD-40, maybe spray it on a q-tip and use that to apply it and lay down some protection as you said.

I saw some stripped screw extractors on Amazon, if I don't get it off tonight I'll order one of those.

#10460 1 year ago

Sold my LE

Have some TMNT Mods for sale

Radioactive Container
turtles crossing sign
Ninja Pizza Billboard sign
Pizza Slice Sculpt

Take them all 4 mods for $100 Shipped to ensure these find a good home

Message me if you take interest

Prefer selling as a lot

Thanks

011FF88E-CE53-4962-9D4A-5C7C214B6922 (resized).jpeg011FF88E-CE53-4962-9D4A-5C7C214B6922 (resized).jpeg Added 14 months ago:

Update let’s do 90$ for the lot shipped
Any takers message me

#10461 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Yeah, I have some needle-nose pliers to hold the rod - that's what the instructions recommended. After I get off work tonight I'll try the WD-40, maybe spray it on a q-tip and use that to apply it and lay down some protection as you said.
I saw some stripped screw extractors on Amazon, if I don't get it off tonight I'll order one of those.

Post some pictures.

#10462 1 year ago

Finally ended up using a dremel to cut a new straight slot in the top of the screw. Be sure to put down plenty of playfield coverings to catch any metal bits and sweep with a magnet just in case you miss anything.

Turtle Glider is working fine, you can also see my Shredder figure and 3 out of 4 Turtles. I wanted each one on their shot but there’s no good way to attach Raphael to the metal left ramp so he’s over by the orbit instead.

297FF980-503B-426A-87B2-2A51A1638987 (resized).jpeg297FF980-503B-426A-87B2-2A51A1638987 (resized).jpeg
#10463 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

I’m curious as to what people’s times are for the Half Shell Challenge. What is your best time and what would you consider a good time.
For me my personal best is 83 seconds but anything under 150 I consider as an ok time.

I just started playing this, went from 202 -> 175 -> 155. I hope to keep improving - my goal right now is to be under 2 minutes.

#10464 1 year ago

question,,,,any one have any experience using voo doo glass or what any other brand of non glare glass ??? TMNT PREMINUM the glider is hard to see due to glare thanks

#10465 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

question,,,,any one have any experience using voo doo glass or what any other brand of non glare glass ??? TMNT PREMINUM the glider is hard to see due to glare thanks

I have Stern Hd glass and Invisglass and not to get into some massive debate they're both good. I think the invisglass is a titch better. I have friends that have Vodoo glass and swear its best out of all them but I haven't actually used it.

#10466 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

I have voodoo on mine, worth every penny.

#10467 1 year ago

I have invisiglass on mine and love it. With my pin stadium lights it’s absolutely beautiful

#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Invisiglass. It’ll change the way you look at pinball forever.

#10469 1 year ago

Just joined the club in December, and I’ve finally gotten through (almost) this whole thread. I piggybacked on ABE_FLIPS and cabal designs for the airball saver on the right ramp, and cut this out of a regular old piece of polycarbonate from lowes. Added spacers on either side of the ramp entrance, and the thinnest post sleeves I could find from Marco. The ramp is still tough, as is the whole game, but this made a drastic improvement.

62AA669B-79A3-4B5B-ACD9-713C70628681 (resized).jpeg62AA669B-79A3-4B5B-ACD9-713C70628681 (resized).jpegDD3DCE73-20AA-437C-86E8-6C9ABF233D5B (resized).jpegDD3DCE73-20AA-437C-86E8-6C9ABF233D5B (resized).jpeg
#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

Just joined the club in December, and I’ve finally gotten through (almost) this whole thread. I piggybacked on ABE_FLIPS and cabal designs for the airball saver on the right ramp, and cut this out of a regular old piece of polycarbonate from lowes. Added spacers on either side of the ramp entrance, and the thinnest post sleeves I could find from Marco. The ramp is still tough, as is the whole game, but this made a drastic improvement.
[quoted image][quoted image]

For Sale Link?

#10471 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Have you tried turning down the back box illumination during game play? I set mine at 20% during game play and it makes a big difference reducing glare.

I also have the brightness turned down to 35% in attract mode after following another pinsiders lead who looked at it with a thermal imaging camera and noticed a potential heat issue. Turning it down keeps the CPU board a lot cooler.

#10472 1 year ago

Has anyone put in a set of the precision flipper kits in their game? If so.... notice any difference? Which color did you go with (pics please). Thanks!
Also what is the true best servo replacement for the glider? I tried to reverse the HS-645MG Servo and must have failed as it just jerks back and forth on its own. Servo.city said they don't reverse them for folks anymore.
Thanks!

#10473 1 year ago

Wasn’t planning on selling them but I suppose if they were wanted I could make more. PM if interested.

#10474 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone put in a set of the precision flipper kits in their game? If so.... notice any difference? Which color did you go with (pics please). Thanks!
Also what is the true best servo replacement for the glider? I tried to reverse the HS-645MG Servo and must have failed as it just jerks back and forth on its own. Servo.city said they don't reverse them for folks anymore.
Thanks!

I have precision flippers on most my games just not TMNT yet. Here's what I can tell you. The solid ones will be absolutely night and day difference and the ball will have a ton of power coming off the bat. I have his Halos in most of mine. I love the way they look. They add more power for sure but not as much as his solid ones. Will it make the ramp shots more consistent making it up, absolutely! The good thing is with TMNT is if you find they're too powerful you can adjust the flippers strength through the settings.

Precision has great customer service and he's pretty responsive.

#10475 1 year ago

This. Game. Is. Awesome.

I’m gonna say it, Dwight is the best game developer in pinball right now.

Dwight Xaqery - please keep doing what you’re doing. GOT, SW, Mando, TMNT. Here’s to you moment maker - the prince of breadth.

#10476 1 year ago

Here are the green precision flippers. I just installed them, so I only have a few games on them, but they seem to make hitting the ramps more consistent. I'll need more games before I can fully recommend.

Green Halo Flippers (resized).jpgGreen Halo Flippers (resized).jpgGreen Halo Upper Flipper (resized).jpgGreen Halo Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
#10477 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I wanted each one on their shot but there’s no good way to attach Raphael to the metal left ramp so he’s over by the orbit instead.
[quoted image]

I also wanted each one to be on their shot. I used a laser to cut a piece of acrylic and bent it with a heat gun to make a mount for Raph so he could be over his ramp. Just be careful with the heat gun, or the plastic will start bubbling.

Raph Mount (resized).jpgRaph Mount (resized).jpg
#10478 1 year ago

Thought I would share my recent experience.

I'm a single pin household and have had turtles premium in here for about 3 months. Apart from a session at a nearby bar a couple of months ago it's the only pin I play. And I play it everyday.

Last week I had some time to kill and jumped on a Godzilla Pro. Now it could've been that game was set-up poorly but my experience was Godzilla Pro was very slow and ... easy. It was still a fun game to play but it felt like I was playing something that was 20 years old. Nowhere near as fast and exciting as Turtles.

It is absolutely true when people say Turtles help make you a better player.

#10479 1 year ago

I used to feel Star Wars was fast and out of control. After owning a TMNT for a short time, Star Wars is no problem at all.

#10480 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This. Game. Is. Awesome.
I’m gonna say it, Dwight is the best game developer in pinball right now.
Dwight Xaqery - please keep doing what you’re doing. GOT, SW, Mando, TMNT. Here’s to you moment maker - the prince of breadth.

I do have to give props to Dwight. I've been loving my TMNT Pro and SW Comic Premium since bringing them into my collection 1.5 to 2 years ago. The modes and moments associated with them are excellent. I'm also a big GOT fan and play that game whenever I get the chance. I need to put more time on Mando, but I've really liked what I've played, and am so tempted to set one next to the SW as the matching comic style art would look awesome IMO.

#10481 1 year ago

Modified instruction cards! It’s everything that I wanted modified in a previously made set. Added things, removed things and pimped it out a bit. If interested in a set, please pm me

The picts are low res below of course

08E466BB-7816-4641-A41F-251403C2969F (resized).jpeg08E466BB-7816-4641-A41F-251403C2969F (resized).jpeg

#10482 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Have you tried turning down the back box illumination during game play? I set mine at 20% during game play and it makes a big difference reducing glare.
I also have the brightness turned down to 35% in attract mode after following another pinsiders lead who looked at it with a thermal imaging camera and noticed a potential heat issue. Turning it down keeps the CPU board a lot cooler.

This is some great information, never even crossed my mind,I'll give it a try, and I'm liking this chat about these after market flipper bats. Great site here thanks everyone

#10483 1 year ago

Getting Slam Tilt when I power my Pro on. No shaker installed, pretty much a stock Pro except for the bill acceptor. Any thoughts? I reseated all connections.

#10484 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Modified instruction cards! It’s everything that I wanted modified in a previously made set. Added things, removed things and pimped it out a bit. If interested in a set, please pm me
[quoted image]

Not cool Justin. Donating the min., stealling my hard work, doing some superficial art changes, not saying anything back to me , then selling it. This is why I was reluctant to share them in the first place.
This guy (Ninja2bseen) begged me for my original files too and said repeatedly that it was just for him. Please lmk anywhere else this guy is trying to sell these.
...and it's not even done yet, so if anyone buys from Justin, they'll be getting a draft copy. Anyone (except Justin) who donated to me will get a high res copy of the new cards when I update them.

And to remind people there's a free med. Res copy here in the message board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189#post-7144677

Free versions:
Pinside_forum_7144677_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7144677_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7144677_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7144677_1 (resized).jpg

Free to print and use. ...I just ask you don't sell them. ...I can't believe I have to say that.

Anyways, if you like and want the high res ver. please msg me and buy me a beer (that i frequent often since they have an awesome lineup ( Cabin Fever). (Please mention if you're Canadian, because etransfer is cheaper than paypal).
I put a lot of work into these cards, and I'm still working on them. Next I'm planning on an updated ver (the rules have changed since this one) an advanced version and a prem/le ver.
I'm not printing them out yet and selling them outright because they have copywrited material. Especially zombie yettis awesome work. The "beer" is for my weeks ...months with the new updates... of work and thought into the instructions, layout, and tutorial info. I love this game and wanted this for myself. People asked to share and this is the best I came up with in this gray area. I might do a version with my own custom art replacing ZY's to print and sell. Until then the high res file I send out has instructions how to print it out.

The free versions are meant to have the green border cut off. They are just green so it hides if you don't cut straight. ...but do whatever you like of course.

#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

[quoted image]

Gtfo....you posted this on Facebook and had the nerv to demand donations $5 minimum for something you didn't even create. POS! GTFO!

#10486 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Not cool Justin. Donating the min., stealling my hard work, doing some superficial art changes, not saying anything back to me , then selling it. This is why I was reluctant to share them in the first place.
This guy (Ninja2bseen) begged me for my original files too and said repeatedly that it was just for him. Please lmk anywhere else this guy is trying to sell these.
...and it's not even done yet, so if anyone buys from Justin, they'll be getting a draft copy. Anyone (except Justin) who donated to me will get a high res copy of the new cards when I update them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189#post-7144677
Free versions:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Free to print and use. ...I just ask you don't sell them. ...I can't believe I have to say that.
Anyways, if you like and want the high res ver. please msg me and buy me a beer (that i frequent often since they have an awesome lineup ( Cabin Fever). (Please mention if you're Canadian, because etransfer is cheaper than paypal).
I put a lot of work into these cards, and I'm still working on them. Next I'm planning on an updated ver (the rules have changed since this one) an advanced version and a prem/le ver.
I'm not printing them out yet and selling them outright because they have copywrited material. Especially zombie yettis awesome work. The "beer" is for my weeks ...months with the new updates... of work and thought into the instructions, layout, and tutorial info. I love this game and wanted this for myself. People asked to share and this is the best I came up with in this gray area. I might do a version with my own custom art replacing ZY's to print and sell. Until then the high res file I send out has instructions how to print it out.
The free versions are meant to have the green border cut off. They are just green so it hides if you don't cut straight. ...but do whatever you like of course.

We appreciate what you’ve created for such an awesome game. It is not cool ninja2bceen “shop lifted” your efforts. Just wish we had another way to donate to you rather than paypal. Does one have to be Canadian to use the etransfer system or can anyone use it?

#10487 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We appreciate what you’ve created for such an awesome game. It is not cool ninja2bceen “shop lifted” your efforts. Just wish we had another way to donate to you rather than paypal. Does one have to be Canadian to use the etransfer system or can anyone use it?

Yeah, I'm not crazy about paypal either. Don't look into the history and beliefs of the guy who started it. ...yikes.
Interec e-transfers are great in Canada. You guys don't have the equivalent unfortunately. I've done trades of things too. One guy even just gave me a 3d mold instructions (for 3d printing) and I put him on my updates list.
I don't do anything else for international transfers, so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Or anyone else for that matter, maybe some Ausiie's out there have a though on this. I'm sure you guys have similar issues.
I've been too busy and/or exhausted/distracted/lazy this winter to work on updates but I have had ideas for other games too. Stuff like dealing with this guy is definitely discouraging, especially how much time it takes to absorb the entire code on new games AND THEN try to format it in the most direct way on 2 post cards. It was way more work than I expected or, I'm sure, shows, but it was a labour of love.

#10488 1 year ago

Selling a nice premium for $8200.

(This is where I lift up my skirt and run ) lol

#10489 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Getting Slam Tilt when I power my Pro on. No shaker installed, pretty much a stock Pro except for the bill acceptor. Any thoughts? I reseated all connections.

Check that switch on the coin door, and or on bottom of cab. I throw my mods in my cabs till I get time to install and I’ve set em on that a couple times. Also, looks like I’ll be joining the club soon!

#10490 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Free versions:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Whoa this came out of left field. Sorry for posting. I felt like I heavily modified the high res that I paid for. I can provide a change log if that would help. The right side was virtually redone. No I’m not selling these anywhere. I was proud of the modifications that I made, yes the system j card were used as inspiration. This is a limited run for this week only, no plans otherwise to do anything with them. It’s not like I donated, then did nothing with them and asked for a donation for the same cards? I was clear in my post that I used another card for inspiration. Spent 10 hrs of work modding them. I’m sorry If this made anyone upset. If anyone donated to the cards I heavily modified I have no problem giving it back but if you still want the ones I heavily modified I still plan to cut them and deliver this week. There are no long term plans otherwise. Hope you can forgive — no one is striving riches here over instruction cards just to be clear. I have no problem returning donations, just ask.

#10491 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Whoa this came out of left field. Sorry for posting. I felt like I heavily modified the high res that I paid for. I can provide a change log if that would help. The right side was virtually redone. No I’m not selling these anywhere. I was proud of the modifications that I made, yes the system j card were used as inspiration. This is a limited run for this week only, no plans otherwise to do anything with them. It’s not like I donated, then did nothing with them and asked for a donation for the same cards? I was clear in my post that I used another card for inspiration. Spent 10 hrs of work modding them. I’m sorry If this made anyone upset. If anyone donated to the cards I heavily modified I have no problem giving it back but if you still want the ones I heavily modified I still plan to cut them and deliver this week. There are no long term plans otherwise. Hope you can forgive — no one is striving riches here over instruction cards just to be clear. I have no problem returning donations, just ask.

"Heavily modified", "inspiration "?:
20230221_001247 (resized).jpg20230221_001247 (resized).jpg
What 10 hours to add a border and cut and paste my menu card over other artwork you stole too? And 10 hours ?!? As proof, I had twice that much time into (actual original) content that didn't make it into these cards.
You asked me multiple times in our message to send me the original files. You asked what program i made it in and when i did you asked if Id send the photoshop files. You said it was for your own personal use. Cutting and pasting original content then selling it IS NOT personal use.
Also, you only said 'inspiration ' without giving anyone reference to the free versions or the person who created the said 'inspiration '. You also tire kicked about even giving me a donation for the high res copy and then gave me $5 canadian. I'm fine with whatever given me, I've even had less before. I believe you even had the gall to ask me to make some modifications for you personally after that. And I should point out to others how cheap you are, Ninja here is American-- So he had to figure out how much the minimum he thought he could get away with in a foreign currency.
I was a practicing artist and am now a freelance graphic designer. So I know plagiarism when I see it. If you have any conscience you'll tell everyone personally about the original version and tell them you cut and pasted a lot of it and that the content was not changed, only superficial art choices. And send them links to my original posting. Not just saying this "inspired by" line.
You and your (last?) friend on the Facebook page seem to think that it's ok because you're 'not getting rich', or 'not striving for riches' with this. As if I'm making much off of mine, like I'm some big corporation. I've made very little on this, and nothing close to what I'd do a contract for.
And dude, don't you understand, those cards only exist because of my WEEKS of work. ...and the hard work of the other artist that you stole from. If people like you steal my content and sell it, I have no interest in sharing anymore. No cards.
If you want to sell those cards make your own original content. Don't just lie and steal someone else's.
And I hope everytime you read anything on those cards of yours you remember all of this. What do you think, is your half assed apology accepted?

#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Instead of refunding money to people who falsely donated to you, the better thing to do would be to take your received donations and give them directly to System-J for all his hard work on the cards. That would demonstrate a real repentance on your part, if you are true to your word and do/did not want to rip System-J off.

As a club we should all want people to freely share their efforts with us, which make our games better. System-J obviously put a lot of thought and work into making the difficult to understand rules, much easier. We should support people who do that. I for one hope System-J will do other game cards too. They make it more fun when you’re not just shooting to get to the next episode but understand more fully what you’re doing along the way. TMNT is a great deal more fun understanding the intricacies Dwight programmed into the game. More ways to approach scoring and takes away the linear feeling of just completing episodes, which TMNT is a great deal more than.

#10493 1 year ago

ok we need to calm down. This is the last time I’m going to post about this drama. Hopefully this clears the air.

Facts, pinball is a niche group. We might as well be family. No one is going to make a fortune off any of this stuff, well maybe if you 3d print Godzilla pinball mods lol. But instruction cards, especially what after printing these on gloss photo paper, cutting and shipping for a donation? If anyone thinks anyone is going to be making nearly anything on instruction cards, you are mistaken. Yes I used inspiration from system j. The low res cards are posted on pinside and this group freely. If you donate 5 or more he (you) will supply them with a word doc that is high res. If you print those they will not fit your pinball at least my le they didn’t. I noticed misspellings (use of their), wanted to rearrange things, add extra flare and streamline things as a whole since it’s going in nearly a 10 k machine after all. After receiving the file I spent a weekend making edits which are below and by memory. The game instructions do not change here as one may guess. There are definitely inspirations here but again the instructions do not change. System j did a fantastic job laying out the instructions of the game and the font is in basic font. The green and red and yellow text as well as the turtle heads you can find in official instruction pdfs. The only thing you can’t find on the net are the toppings which he took screenshots of the backglass I feel like. This was the primary reason for my donation. Anyway here is the change log, though some may be settle differences overall it streamlined things awesome to me. Appreciate the work system j, I truly mean that. It’s got me to where I needed these cards needed to be for my machine. I don’t have plans on selling them in bulk, I have a day job, I just thought they were awesome and it was 10 hrs of work to make adjustments. I have zero expectations for donations, there are interests but at the end of the day won’t get more then a drink or food out of it. Consider the time and shipping these out it’s not exactly glorious work for 5 bucks. Please set the expectation low that both you and I must keep our day jobs here, no reason to get this upset about things especially if you tout it’s just for beer money. If you copy any of my ideas that I added to this, I consider it flattery. Copy away I don’t care! Im only sharing what I consider awesome and you were a big part of that step fwd. this is a niche thing, figured I’d share as well, we all have a passion for turtles. Let’s leave the toxicity out of this please. Hopefully you can see the differences! I still plan to cut and ship these to whomever that wants them. If there aren’t enough differences here, just pick up the system j ones! I don’t care lol I’m sharing what I’ve landed on after edits. If you like em, pm if you want system j, pm him. If you think all this is drama , laugh a little. We aren’t changing the world here. Feel free to donate to system j as well as he was the source of inspiration. Let’s be real, entirely real, few bucks for the art time, let’s have a good week everyone

Change log

Pizza menu side
Rescaled the card so it would fit the machine

Removed redundant chart visual

Shrunk the X icons and replaced and repurposed them

Reordered the toppings so they are grouped by type

Streamlined text wherever possible, shortened

Virtually half of the card got repurposed, chopped, edited so a pimped out background could be added

Added pimped out background and cut it so that there is a 3d effect

Removed border and replaced it with a new one

Removed all logos

Turtles card
Replaced all the turtle heads, they were overlapping text, names were cut off, the cuts were not clean

Added wm lvl to each turtle and icon

Centered turtles and text

Rebordered the turtles

Removed all misc logos

Streamlined text wherever possible

Added gameplay text and bordered it

70AB1177-37ED-4B28-8D12-5D73D1E9E501 (resized).jpeg70AB1177-37ED-4B28-8D12-5D73D1E9E501 (resized).jpeg7578C8D9-4590-4D68-A34A-1124AE264B3E (resized).jpeg7578C8D9-4590-4D68-A34A-1124AE264B3E (resized).jpegFAD26BC7-72FC-407C-BD47-A651986AEEFD (resized).jpegFAD26BC7-72FC-407C-BD47-A651986AEEFD (resized).jpeg
#10494 1 year ago

During last pinball game on my TMNT Prem I heared some noise from what appeared to be a falling screw.

So without any doubt I opened my game for some inspection and it turned out 1 of the screws holding one if the translucent Turtles in place near the outlanes came loose. Nothing serious and it was fixed in no time.

However, I used the opportunity to inspect the rest of the game as well and checked other bolts and nuts.

Noted the following two aspects:
- top right plastic on the right orbit was only a screw no nut
- the plastic near the Turtle van was a bit weird and didnt seem right from a visual perspective

Didn’t find any loose nut or else in the cabinet. Can somebody check how their game looks especially for the plastic at the van section.

866248CD-2813-4A00-8E75-89123B2A5E34 (resized).jpeg866248CD-2813-4A00-8E75-89123B2A5E34 (resized).jpegABEFAD27-F6F1-4C65-948C-DC42065353EB (resized).jpegABEFAD27-F6F1-4C65-948C-DC42065353EB (resized).jpeg
#10495 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

ok we need to calm down. This is the last time I’m going to post about this drama. Hopefully this clears the air.
Facts, pinball is a niche group. We might as well be family. No one is going to make a fortune off any of this stuff, well maybe if you 3d print Godzilla pinball mods lol. But instruction cards, especially what after printing these on gloss photo paper, cutting and shipping for a donation? If anyone thinks anyone is going to be making nearly anything on instruction cards, you are mistaken. Yes I used inspiration from system j. The low res cards are posted on pinside and this group freely. If you donate 5 or more he (you) will supply them with a word doc that is high res. If you print those they will not fit your pinball at least my le they didn’t. I noticed misspellings (use of their), wanted to rearrange things, add extra flare and streamline things as a whole since it’s going in nearly a 10 k machine after all. After receiving the file I spent a weekend making edits which are below and by memory. The game instructions do not change here as one may guess. There are definitely inspirations here but again the instructions do not change. System j did a fantastic job laying out the instructions of the game and the font is in basic font. The green and red and yellow text as well as the turtle heads you can find in official instruction pdfs. The only thing you can’t find on the net are the toppings which he took screenshots of the backglass I feel like. This was the primary reason for my donation. Anyway here is the change log, though some may be settle differences overall it streamlined things awesome to me. Appreciate the work system j, I truly mean that. It’s got me to where I needed these cards needed to be for my machine. I don’t have plans on selling them in bulk, I have a day job, I just thought they were awesome and it was 10 hrs of work to make adjustments. I have zero expectations for donations, there are interests but at the end of the day won’t get more then a drink or food out of it. Consider the time and shipping these out it’s not exactly glorious work for 5 bucks. Please set the expectation low that both you and I must keep our day jobs here, no reason to get this upset about things especially if you tout it’s just for beer money. If you copy any of my ideas that I added to this, I consider it flattery. Copy away I don’t care! Im only sharing what I consider awesome and you were a big part of that step fwd. this is a niche thing, figured I’d share as well, we all have a passion for turtles. Let’s leave the toxicity out of this please. Hopefully you can see the differences! I still plan to cut and ship these to whomever that wants them. If there aren’t enough differences here, just pick up the system j ones! I don’t care lol I’m sharing what I’ve landed on after edits. If you like em, pm if you want system j, pm him. If you think all this is drama , laugh a little. We aren’t changing the world here. Feel free to donate to system j as well as he was the source of inspiration. Let’s be real, entirely real, few bucks for the art time, let’s have a good week everyone
Change log
Pizza menu side
Virtually half of the card got repurposed, chopped, edited so a pimped out background could be added
Removed all logos
Turtles card
Replaced all the turtle heads, they were overlapping text, names were cut off, the cuts were not clean
Rebordered the turtles
Removed all misc logos
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh, I see cutting and pasting is a favorite thing of yours, ...well, here's the same reply to the one if put on FB to the same response:
Yup, more back-handed apologies. ...family. And Jpg isn't a Word file, fyi, and that's probably explains why you couldn’t print it properly.

#10496 1 year ago
Quoted from LDP84:

During last pinball game on my TMNT Prem I heared some noise from what appeared to be a falling screw.
So without any doubt I opened my game for some inspection and it turned out 1 of the screws holding one if the translucent Turtles in place near the outlanes came loose. Nothing serious and it was fixed in no time.
However, I used the opportunity to inspect the rest of the game as well and checked other bolts and nuts.
Noted the following two aspects:
- top right plastic on the right orbit was only a screw no nut
- the plastic near the Turtle van was a bit weird and didnt seem right from a visual perspective
Didn’t find any loose nut or else in the cabinet. Can somebody check how their game looks especially for the plastic at the van section.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nuts and bolts fall out all the time. I wouldn't worry about it too much. That said, the QC at stern isn't perfect. They missed an entire gate on mine. But they did send me a new one well after warranty, so credit where credit is due. Those nuts I believe are a 6-32 pozi-lock. Can get them at any hardware store cheep.
Oh wait, there's a hex spacer on mine. It looks like it just a way to prevent balls from getting stuck there, so if you haven't had a that problem , anything would be fine. I believe again it would be a 6-32 hex spacer x (1/2"?) length. A little harder to find.

Crude pics, but I hope this helps:
20230221_112146 (resized).jpg20230221_112146 (resized).jpg
20230221_112300 (resized).jpg20230221_112300 (resized).jpg

#10497 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Nuts and bolts fall out all the time. I wouldn't worry about it too much. That said, the QC at stern isn't perfect. They missed an entire gate on mine. But they did send me a new one well after warranty, so credit where credit is due. Those nuts I believe are a 6-32 pozi-lock. Can get them at any hardware store cheep.
Oh wait, there's a hex spacer on mine. It looks like it just a way to prevent balls from getting stuck there, so if you haven't had a that problem , anything would be fine. I believe again it would be a 6-32 hex spacer x (1/2"?) length. A little harder to find.
Crude pics, but I hope this helps:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for your answers and the pictures. I have a bunch of spare parts so that would not be the issue. It was merely checking what Stern put there from the factory so I could take a look whether I could find anything in the cabinet and to keep everything in good condition and like stock.

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Change log
Pizza menu side
Removed all logos
Turtles card
Rebordered the turtles
Removed all misc logos
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All that work for your LE and you still didn't add Mushrooms topping, smh

#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from Mravic:

All that work for your LE and you still didn't add Mushrooms topping, smh

You’re right! I’m totally going to add this, thanks

MUSHROOMS - Lair is a time lock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/210?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.