(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,974 posts
  • 826 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 240.
#951 3 years ago

So, I *hate* the clear/white flasher domes for Training on both ramps blasting me in the face when they come on in a dark room. So I tried all available colors: green, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue. All of them seemed wrong, except red, purple, and green.

Unfortunately, purple transmits too much light and looks blown-out when lit up. Red in that plastic standup looks like it should have always been that way, but the red flasher dome on the side near it makes it not great (too much red flasher in your sightline on both sides with red for training, too). After thinking red was "it" I changed to green after only a few games, because green breaks up the red flasher congestion on each side, and green means "go" universally. Also, in real life, the green is not as blown out when on as it is in this gif, I couldn't get my phone to iris down because it was flashing too fast.

After this test, I highly recommend green, followed by red dome "cap" inserts (note that the "cap" half domes have only one fastening tab, not two) instead of the too-bright and visually incongruent factory clear/white.

Here's a GIF of each "finalist" test...
Green_Flasher_Test.gifGreen_Flasher_Test.gif
red_flasher_test.gifred_flasher_test.gif
Purple_Flasher_Test.gifPurple_Flasher_Test.gif

Seriously, though, green or red are both better than clear/white cap dome. Changing yours out is in the top 3 best mods you can do for your TMNT.

Stern? It's not to late for a running change to green for these on the line...save America's eyes.

#952 3 years ago

Anyone know which model they have on the line?

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Jack dangers reveal stream was on one, spacecitypinball did one last weekend, I’m sure there are others.

I thought the reveal with Jack Danger was on the Pro. I will have to check that out thanks.

#954 3 years ago

I got word my LE is being built this week. Evidently it was waiting for pizza crust mods from Dwight.

Rob

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got word my LE is being built this week. Evidently it was waiting for pizza crust mods from Dwight.
Rob

To make the pizza wheel quieter?? <--pleaase.

#956 3 years ago

Anyone hearing about getting their pro this week? I haven't heard.... Looking like next week.

#957 3 years ago

At this rate I would be happy with next week.

Quoted from delt31:

Anyone hearing about getting their pro this week? I haven't heard.... Looking like next week.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

After about 50 games or so, I’m noticing a fair amount of jettisoned balls off the last left wireform return corner when they are of course, hauling turtle ass.
If Borg or Dwight could take note of this problem and add an upper rail to this corner to match the first bend’s upper rail, it would keep the ball smoothly flowing down the wireform.
Please and thanks! [quoted image]

We were having this issue from day one as well. Been planning a mod for that area to keep the balls on track.

Just made a thread to track my mod development for those that are curious: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

We were having this issue from day one as well. Been planning a mod for that area to keep the balls on track.
Just made a thread to track my mod development for those that are curious: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-

Checked out that thread and was surprised to find we might end up having competing character selection bezels, but mine is quite different.

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The house looks cool.

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone streamed a TMNT LE yet?

I streamed mine last Tuesday when I got it

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Checked out that thread and was surprised to find we might end up having competing character selection bezels, but mine is quite different.

Always a minefield modding for the new games (Mezel got to one of my plans first and nailed it better than I would have), but I have no issue with others overlapping the areas I'm modding--I just want to make cool stuff and see others make cool stuff. Look forward to seeing what you come up with

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Always a minefield modding for the new games (Mezel got to one of my plans first and nailed it better than I would have), but I have no issue with others overlapping the areas I'm modding--I just want to make cool stuff and see others make cool stuff. Look forward to seeing what you come up with

Yeah, usually I'm off in my own world with little overlap. There's no guarantee this bracket will pass muster and even be released when it's done as it's still evolving and fairly ambitious. I have a bunch of unfinished mods for other games that I just didn't think were sponge-worthy in the end.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Anyone know which model they have on the line?

Premiums I assume - I got notification mine should be shipped next week.

#965 3 years ago

Well I've had my pro for about a week now.

WOW... I am just floored by how far this code is already. The game is really a lot of fun, and I can see how it would appeal to a wide range of skill sets.

I have played a ton, and had a few notes on the game that I thought others might benefit from.

Awesomes:

- The multiballs are really interesting right out-of-the-gate. The Turtle Power multiball is so cool because you can keep it going by collecting all the turtles and hitting the right ramp to add another ball. The Ninja Pizza Multiball is also cool because the toppings really do create a different type of multiball scoring and so you have to alter your game to really go for the points. Just really cool.

- I like how many different paths there are. Training and Leveling your character, the foot spinner and the 1-2-3 foot combo shots, the weapon hurry ups, etc... there's so much going on, and I find I want to reach the end on all of them.

- The episodes are just a ton of fun. I feel like they are interesting and not just "all shots are lit... hit them all". Each one has a slightly different progression and it really makes it fun to choose your episode. Also, I love the 2 locked episodes that can only be reached by playing the one that precedes it.

- When you hit that Krang Combo, it is one of the most satisfying combos in pinball for me personally. It just feels good.

- The playfield is mean (in a good way). I love games that really make you slow down and think about risk/reward for every shot.

- Co-op mode is GREAT. My girlfriend is always frustrated when we play together because I've been playing pinball for most of my life and so I sometimes get large scores. Now she is actually getting into the game and learning rules to pinball because we can progress the game together in a co-op fashion rather than me shooting-the-moon every time and her getting frustrated with her skill level. She also likes the chance to put her name into the high-score board.

- I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone about how stunning this machine looks...between the artwork and the lighting, it's just a masterpiece.

- I could go on and on, but I think I'll finish with the callouts in the game. They are fun and funny. I find myself not skipping animations and wanting to hear all the callouts just because I really enjoy all the voice acting and some of the good one-liners they have. It's AWESOME!

Could be improved:

-Almost all the flaws I've seen are software-based except one. Mind you, this is for the PRO and not the other models. The one problem I've noticed with the machine is the sideways middle ramp shot. I'm hoping someone has some advice for me on this (like flipper strength or something), but one of the objectives for the Cowabunga Wizard mode is to do a "Max Krang Combo" which is 3 upper loops and then the middle ramp in succession. It's a very difficult maneuver which I've done now twice (and that was just going for nothing else other than that combo). One of the problems is that when you loop that upper orbit multiple times, the ball really gets going and when you manage to hit that ramp afterwards, a lot of times it air-balls and just hops the sensor so you don't get credit for it... it's sooooooo frustrating because it's already difficult. I wish they would have put some sort of top-plastic over the ramp to prevent it (maybe they did and it didn't work).

The code problems I've noticed are very minor, but I'm hoping they get addressed to really polish the game:

- The "Player [1,2,3,4]" at the bottom of the screen should be reduced to reflect the actual amount of players in the game. Even if you're playing a 1-player game, players 2-4 are still shown at the bottom of the screen.

- The pop bumpers sometimes award items that you can't get in your current scenario (add-a-ball when you're not in multiball, add-time when you're not in a mode, etc...)

- The "weapon" inlane light should be visible during the animation for starting the skill shot. If you are playing Raph or Don, then the ball is about to come down the inlane and it'd be nice to know which one is lit before the animation ends rather than guessing.

- Scoring is much too Bonus-heavy right now. There's a few exploits in bonus multipliers and I think there should probably be a cap on multipliers or at least take away the pop-bumper bonus multiplier increase awards because it's easy enough to get to the top-lanes.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

WOW... I am just floored by how far this code is already. The game is really a lot of fun, and I can see how it would appeal to a wide range of skill sets.
I have played a ton, and had a few notes on the game that I thought others might benefit from.
Awesomes:
- The multiballs are really interesting right out-of-the-gate. The Turtle Power multiball is so cool because you can keep it going by collecting all the turtles and hitting the right ramp to add another ball. The Ninja Pizza Multiball is also cool because the toppings really do create a different type of multiball scoring and so you have to alter your game to really go for the points. Just really cool.
- I like how many different paths there are. Training and Leveling your character, the foot spinner and the 1-2-3 foot combo shots, the weapon hurry ups, etc... there's so much going on, and I find I want to reach the end on all of them.
- The episodes are just a ton of fun. I feel like they are interesting and not just "all shots are lit... hit them all". Each one has a slightly different progression and it really makes it fun to choose your episode. Also, I love the 2 locked episodes that can only be reached by playing the one that precedes it.
- When you hit that Krang Combo, it is one of the most satisfying combos in pinball for me personally. It just feels good.
- The playfield is mean (in a good way). I love games that really make you slow down and think about risk/reward for every shot.
- Co-op mode is GREAT. My girlfriend is always frustrated when we play together because I've been playing pinball for most of my life and so I sometimes get large scores. Now she is actually getting into the game and learning rules to pinball because we can progress the game together in a co-op fashion rather than me shooting-the-moon every time and her getting frustrated with her skill level. She also likes the chance to put her name into the high-score board.
- I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone about how stunning this machine looks...between the artwork and the lighting, it's just a masterpiece.
- I could go on and on, but I think I'll finish with the callouts in the game. They are fun and funny. I find myself not skipping animations and wanting to hear all the callouts just because I really enjoy all the voice acting and some of the good one-liners they have. It's AWESOME!
Could be improved:
-Almost all the flaws I've seen are software-based except one. Mind you, this is for the PRO and not the other models. The one problem I've noticed with the machine is the sideways middle ramp shot. I'm hoping someone has some advice for me on this (like flipper strength or something), but one of the objectives for the Cowabunga Wizard mode is to do a "Max Krang Combo" which is 3 upper loops and then the middle ramp in succession. It's a very difficult maneuver which I've done now twice (and that was just going for nothing else other than that combo). One of the problems is that when you loop that upper orbit multiple times, the ball really gets going and when you manage to hit that ramp afterwards, a lot of times it air-balls and just hops the sensor so you don't get credit for it... it's sooooooo frustrating because it's already difficult. I wish they would have put some sort of top-plastic over the ramp to prevent it (maybe they did and it didn't work).
The code problems I've noticed are very minor, but I'm hoping they get addressed to really polish the game:
- The "Player [1,2,3,4]" at the bottom of the screen should be reduced to reflect the actual amount of players in the game. Even if you're playing a 1-player game, players 2-4 are still shown at the bottom of the screen.
- The pop bumpers sometimes award items that you can't get in your current scenario (add-a-ball when you're not in multiball, add-time when you're not in a mode, etc...)
- The "weapon" inlane light should be visible during the animation for starting the skill shot. If you are playing Raph or Don, then the ball is about to come down the inlane and it'd be nice to know which one is lit before the animation ends rather than guessing.
- Scoring is much too Bonus-heavy right now. There's a few exploits in bonus multipliers and I think there should probably be a cap on multipliers or at least take away the pop-bumper bonus multiplier increase awards because it's easy enough to get to the top-lanes.

some good points! Didn’t think about the player 1,2,3,4 showing with less players.

I play Raph a lot and I’ll say I’m kinda confused by the skill shot - sometimes the diverter stops the ball, sometimes it doesn’t and I haven’t noticed a pattern as to why. When it stops the ball i can usually tell which weapon lane is lit, but when it doesn’t stop its impossible to predict and it just flows down to the left flipper

I will say that I find the pop bumpers are tough to get to on the LE because you pretty much to hit the orbit and it has to be in a situation when there isn’t an inner loop or center ramp shot lit because otherwise it guides the ball that way instead

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Awesomes:
Could be improved:

For the Max Krang Combo, don't worry about trying to get it all in succession. When you hit the Krang loop it lights the center ramp for the Krang combo. You have a good 10 seconds or so to hit another Krang loop and so on. So if you only make one Krang loop and miss the second one, trap up and get the ball back up to that upper flipper and try and hit it again. When you hit it a second time it saves it and you have again some time to get it up there to get a third and then to cash it in on the Center ramp. I have been getting the Max Krang Combo more often now and I have never been able to get it in 4 clean shots. Its always been hit the loop then bank, set the shot up, then bank it, then get it again, etc. I have not timed it out but I noticed you have a good amount of time to complete it.

#968 3 years ago

This game really shines in Coop mode. playing by myself on 1 player can be pretty frustrating. Getting to Cowabunga is a feat for sure. Will take a long time trying to get there by myself. Tonight my wife and I played coop for about 2 hours straight.Then my brother came over and we played coop for another 2 or so hours. A ton of fun. We were two objectives away from Cowabunga. We did get to Final Battle and that was a lot of fun. Such a great mode. This game is meant to work together and its a ton of fun doing it that way.

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Awesomes:
Could be improved:

Xaqery would love to know your thoughts on the above, some really good info provided by @crater, cannot wait for my LE to show up game looks fantastic.

#970 3 years ago

How do you start a co-op game?

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

How do you start a co-op game?

Hold the flippers in for a few seconds and then select it when the menu comes up

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To make the pizza wheel quieter?? <--pleaase.

At least the darn thing doesn't sound like the blender that is in JJPPoTC, that thing is ridiculous.

#973 3 years ago

Would love to know the best way to get a wrench on the nut for the diverter mech...

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I thought the reveal with Jack Danger was on the Pro. I will have to check that out thanks.

He did 2 separate streams. I believe the first was on a Pro, and the second was on a Prem/LE.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

some good points! Didn’t think about the player 1,2,3,4 showing with less players.
I play Raph a lot and I’ll say I’m kinda confused by the skill shot - sometimes the diverter stops the ball, sometimes it doesn’t and I haven’t noticed a pattern as to why. When it stops the ball i can usually tell which weapon lane is lit, but when it doesn’t stop its impossible to predict and it just flows down to the left flipper
I will say that I find the pop bumpers are tough to get to on the LE because you pretty much to hit the orbit and it has to be in a situation when there isn’t an inner loop or center ramp shot lit because otherwise it guides the ball that way instead

I have the same problem--my take is that the diverter just isn't getting there in time if you get a lot of speed up the left ramp. Game is too fast for its own good!

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They are behind now.

#978 3 years ago

Does anyone else feel that the start episode light is somewhat hard to see if it is lit on the LE? Glider blocks it from view.

#979 3 years ago

I totally forgot about that Video. Thanks for the reminder. I am going stir crazy waiting on my Premium.

#980 3 years ago

Strictly talking about the layout, I think this is John Borg's new best design. Love the right ramp feed to the upper left flipper, insanely fast. The whole layout just flows and shoots really well.

#981 3 years ago

So I think you guys are going to be even happier with the new update on the code. I still feel it could use some more polishing as far as score balancing goes but a very nice addition to what’s already a great game. I know this maybe an unpopular opinion but I think this game is better than JP

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

...I am going stir crazy waiting on my Premium.

Know the feeling, my LE is ready but I've been out of town and can't take delivery... it's driving me nuts. Never actually wanted a vacation to end till now, lol. Very excited to get this one set up and playing my first LCD pin.

#983 3 years ago

I'd like to see the action button change color to match the turtles you're selecting.

#984 3 years ago

I also think this is probably john Borgs best layout and I like the game more than jp. Hopefully the code really gets fleshed out well and they listen to the people somewhat to make this one of sterns best. It's in a really great place at the moment and sld only get better .

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I'd like to see the action button change color to match the turtles you're selecting.

It would be nice if the action button did a little more. I like the pizza frenzy (especially the sound effect), but I feel like there could be at least one more function (diverter aside).

I don't know how it would be implemented, but I believe the software team for this game has worked on all the good action button games (GoT and Star Wars). I'm thinking it should be more of a GoT implementation where it's turtle based.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

The one problem I've noticed with the machine is the sideways middle ramp shot.

Try changing the setting to SOFT

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They are behind now.

Damn what are you hearing?

#989 3 years ago

Got my LE Tuesday. What a fun pin!

84C01176-752E-4B65-B8F2-F21BA49242A2 (resized).jpeg84C01176-752E-4B65-B8F2-F21BA49242A2 (resized).jpeg
#990 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out the rules for multi ball modes? It's not in the rulebook and I'm not good enough to be able to look at the screen while keeping balls alive... Generally, going for lit shots always seems to get it done, but it would be great to know why.

Pizza
--I'm assuming a blue lit target "defeats" a foot soldier, but it seems like this isn't always the case. Do you need to trigger 1-2-3 Foot first?
--What qualifies Super Jackpot?
--Is Jackpoto Grande the same thing as Super Jackpot?

Turtle Power-
--What's the difference between the green shots and the turtle skill shots?
--Sometimes the right ramp triggers a restart of the mode, returning all lost balls. How is that shot qualified?
--How do you get credit for Triple Mondo Jackpot? Is it just getting Mondo Jackpot three times on the same ball? Can you get it in both MB modes?

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

At least the darn thing doesn't sound like the blender that is in JJPPoTC, that thing is ridiculous.

Eh, it's a *close* second. The strange thing is the loudness comes and goes. One of these days I'll probably get into it and see if I can quiet it down.

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn what are you hearing?

They are behind anticipated arrival. 2 more weeks.

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They are behind anticipated arrival. 2 more weeks.

WTF!

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eh, it's a *close* second. The strange thing is the loudness comes and goes. One of these days I'll probably get into it and see if I can quiet it down.

I'll be interested in what you find out.

#995 3 years ago

Probably 2 weeks away from getting my LE still. It was just getting built this week. Dwight, don't retire before I get mine!!

Rob

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I'll be interested in what you find out.

I've got a pretty fat stack of existing projects to finish up, so it might be a while. It's definitely on the "to do" list, though.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Has anyone figured out the rules for multi ball modes? It's not in the rulebook and I'm not good enough to be able to look at the screen while keeping balls alive... Generally, going for lit shots always seems to get it done, but it would be great to know why.
Pizza
--I'm assuming a blue lit target "defeats" a foot soldier, but it seems like this isn't always the case. Do you need to trigger 1-2-3 Foot first?
--What qualifies Super Jackpot?
--Is Jackpoto Grande the same thing as Super Jackpot?
Turtle Power-
--What's the difference between the green shots and the turtle skill shots?
--Sometimes the right ramp triggers a restart of the mode, returning all lost balls. How is that shot qualified?
--How do you get credit for Triple Mondo Jackpot? Is it just getting Mondo Jackpot three times on the same ball? Can you get it in both MB modes?

From what I understand both the Jackpoto Grande and Triple Mondo act the same in both Pizza and Turtle Multiball. To light the Mondo Jackpot (white insert at the krang loop) you need to make 6 jackpot shot in the Pizza Multiball (blue) and I believe 6 green shots in the Turtle Multiball. If you make the qualifying shots, the white Mondo Jackpot will light up. If you make that shot that will then light the red Jackpoto Grande shot at the Lair. If you make that shot you collect the Jackpoto Grande objective. To collect the Triple Mondo Jackpot you need to hit that loop 3 times when the Mondo insert is white. You do not have to hit in succession but you need to get them in a certain time period. I have not timed it out but it gives you a good 7-10 seconds before you have to light it again I believe. I think it is similar to the Krang combo.

#998 3 years ago

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

Best to copy both on the inquiry email.

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Pretty sure that’s an issue with your diverter. Game needs to lock two balls in the Van and can’t because of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/20?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.