(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 242.
#10351 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDamage:

When the ball exits the lair and sometimes goes down the left outlane absolutely does my head in because i feel theres not much I could do to prevent it from happening. A simple code change to return that ball in that scenario would be a real winner I reckon.

I changed out the stock rubber on the star post at the lair exit to a Titan silicone, which is slightly thicker than stock, and have not had an outlane drain from a lair exit since.

#10352 1 year ago

I haven't seen a side drain from the Lair yet, but just in case I set a 2 second ball save.

#10353 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I haven't seen a side drain from the Lair yet, but just in case I set a 2 second ball save.

rebound on the central metal rail (between the 2 inlanes)... not often, but it happends here

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I think I remember reading Dwight saying he wanted to do another update but who knows when that might happen. If not, I’m happy with what we have.

I believe your right Dwight did say it’s not finished n I’m praying he at least does a big change in the scoreing which would be great

#10355 1 year ago

which big change do you want to get with the scoring ?

#10356 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think Dwight is going to invest any more time in it, and I can't imagine stern is going to want to invest any more in the code with the game out of production. As much as I love this game, it very much feels like a Dwight game, and while that comes with some good things, it also typically means you're stuck with bugs and you're lucky if the game has all of the intended features in any form.

You mean like Stern and Dwight did a GB code update 5 years after the game came out? History shows Dwight does do updates years after the games come out.

#10357 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Like u know when you play guardians or Deadpool n different ones. I can get on them and with in few minutes I’m hitting 40-50 million doing this or that. On my tmnt I’m completing different things but the scoreing is set so low u can spend 20 minutes n have 10-15 million lol. That’s the only complaint I have with tmnt n I love mine I just believe if DWIGHT would really bring the scoreing up like other pins it would be fantastic and maybe I’m off here just my opinion. Lol

#10358 1 year ago

July 2022

My comment to Dwight; If scoring were to be somewhat revamped like other Stern games, giving score balance for completing most games in the 100mil plus category, TMNT would get proper recognition as a top ten game.

Dwight’s reply, “Turtles will never get that large of an update. Thats much bigger than I am guessing you know.”

My reply to Dwight: Thanks for the reply and anything you can do would be appreciated. (He gave us episode scoring boosts after this comment) We love your work on the game. At least could we get the option to play NPP like before in the menu? (Which he gave us)

Have since come to realize TMNT’s scoring is unique and different in a good way. Dwight has said after that communication, he does not consider TMNT done, so think we will see more update, squashing bugs, etc.

#10359 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Like u know when you play guardians or Deadpool n different ones. I can get on them and with in few minutes I’m hitting 40-50 million doing this or that. On my tmnt I’m completing different things but the scoreing is set so low u can spend 20 minutes n have 10-15 million lol. That’s the only complaint I have with tmnt n I love mine I just believe if DWIGHT would really bring the scoreing up like other pins it would be fantastic and maybe I’m off here just my opinion. Lol

You are not alone on this, but I dont get this complaint at all. Pinball scoring is relative. For some pins it's in the thousands, and others it's in the billions. What does it matter how the scoring on one pin compares to another?

#10360 1 year ago

I just feel like the scoring compared to other games is irrelevant, what I would like to see it’s better scoring between mode and multiballs. I see people streaming and getting like 13 million super jackpots during MB but a mode completion is like a million points if you don’t have Ralph at level 4 just more balance there would be a good thing.

#10361 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

July 2022
My comment to Dwight; If scoring were to be somewhat revamped like other Stern games, giving score balance for completing most games in the 100mil plus category, TMNT would get proper recognition as a top ten game.
Dwight’s reply, “Turtles will never get that large of an update. Thats much bigger than I am guessing you know.”
My reply to Dwight: Thanks for the reply and anything you can do would be appreciated. (He gave us episode scoring boosts after this comment) We love your work on the game. At least could we get the option to play NPP like before in the menu? (Which he gave us)
Have since come to realize TMNT’s scoring is unique and different in a good way. Dwight has said after that communication, he does not consider TMNT done, so think we will see more update, squashing bugs, etc.

I prefer games that have a nice round number to aim for but I think just raising the score would be the wrong way to go about it. Some score balancing would be nice but I'm also worried that he might create other problems like whatever happens to GB in the pops sometime (crazy high scores) from the last update. I'd just like a bit of boosting in non-NPMb, especially in training so there's an alternate point strategy path to mb and episodes. Just direct points from completing, tweaked perks (mostly to balance out raphs 3x), and maybe re-liting npp after l4.
Also, I think TUMB needs to go WAY up. Like double at least. It seems to epic when you rescue but the value is way less than a NPMB grande. And it's not even timed.
But the score amount doesn't bother me. People got use to it in LOTR and when people realize how good TMNT is they'll get use to it too.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just feel like the scoring compared to other games is irrelevant, what I would like to see it’s better scoring between mode and multiballs. I see people streaming and getting like 13 million super jackpots during MB but a mode completion is like a million points if you don’t have Ralph at level 4 just more balance there would be a good thing.

I think the episodes scoring is ok now. It increases as you go and can get 6 or more mil with 2x going. The episodes have other perks like in tumb and the value doubling in final battle (doubles all ep. scores which can also be multiplied on FB start). And of course you can stack with MB's making them easier and scoring for both simultaneously. And even more importantly episode completion leads to re-liting MB's.

#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Really I would love to see scores just become more competitive without having to stack playfield multiplier. I’ve had great games where I finish many episodes, but don’t score nearly as well as when I stack a multi all with a multiplier. If you play this in competition this table can really kill you due to so many requirements to get a decent score!

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from ChickenStabber:

Really I would love to see scores just become more competitive without having to stack playfield multiplier. I’ve had great games where I finish many episodes, but don’t score nearly as well as when I stack a multi all with a multiplier. If you play this in competition this table can really kill you due to so many requirements to get a decent score!

"without having to stack playfield multiplier" : this will be the difference between good players and others : because you have to think (what to shoot next/in which order) & stack to score, that mean more risk/reward

and also because that's the way Dwight like to code his pins, simple as that > his last games : Turtle, Mando, Munsters, SW, GB, GOT
he also like that RPG aspect considering various perks/various personnages

ok than, last day for me with Turtle, tomorrow the (big) month loan will end
must admit i really enjoyed this pin, i'm a big fan of this kind of design from Borg (right here except that left outlane zone, which is REALLY frustrating, by design its eating too much balls), and Dwight code is good & working well for sure (but may deserve some tweaks/bug correction)

all in all, a very nice pinball from STERN, which you may think its family friendly (the Turtle theme), but for sure its not !
its a real player game, difficult/very fast pinball, better to know before buying it

#10364 1 year ago

Just purchased a TMNT premium nib,coming Saturday, me and my wife are older but had pins years ago, now back into it, just before retirement,was supposed to be a cactus canyon, but still have one on order. Looking forward to reading this tread

#10365 1 year ago

Welcome to the pizza party dude!

#10366 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:There is an adjustment to add a ball save timer for there.

Happen to know what adjustment that is? I looked at my Pro recently and didn't see it.

#10367 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I see. Sounds like this pin is for me then. It's a shame when people crap on s pin for being too hard. Reflection of this generation I guess.

Congrats on your game! It is a fun one for sure, and you got it at the right time.

People weren't crapping on it for being "too hard" but rather having game-crashing bugs and unbalanced scoring that made modes worthless. That's got nothing to do with "this generation"

Those issues are largely resolved, and I think it's transitioned from being a broken and kinda bad game to being a great, fun, and unique game! And it provides a solid challenge.

#10368 1 year ago

Pumped to be back in the club! Had a pro a year or so ago...
Just traded for a prem and love it. Such a blast. Waiting on a wifi dongle to piggyback of my Bond for the inside connect.

10084 (resized).jpeg10084 (resized).jpeg
#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Pumped to be back in the club! Had a pro a year or so ago...
Just traded for a prem and love it. Such a blast. Waiting on a wifi dongle to piggyback of my Bond for the inside connect.
[quoted image]

Looks good there. What an awesome game TMNT!

#10370 1 year ago

Thanks,we have been looking at a few different pins you know how it is you are at the pinball arcade have a great game next thing you want that game, had a cactus canyon lined up lightly used, when TMNT premium fell into my lap kinda,had played it the night before thought it was fast and fun,so if you can say killer deal in this day and time we got a good deal with the promise of a cactus canyon in about 3 months I'm out of cash after that

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Congrats on your game! It is a fun one for sure, and you got it at the right time.
People weren't crapping on it for being "too hard" but rather having game-crashing bugs and unbalanced scoring that made modes worthless. That's got nothing to do with "this generation"
Those issues are largely resolved, and I think it's transitioned from being a broken and kinda bad game to being a great, fun, and unique game! And it provides a solid challenge.

Resolved? I may need a up dated code ? Not sure how long this dealer has had this game,is there an updated code? Thanks everyone

#10372 1 year ago

yes. Most current version from Stern is 1.54. there was lots that changed in the latest code update. Id highly suggest updating if you are not on this version.

* STERN PINBALL, INC.
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2020-2022 STERN PINBALL, INC.
* TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

Online PDF of Rules:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

LE/PREMIUM V1.54 - OCTOBER 6, 2022
==================================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed a display issue that would sometimes cause a game crash during
TURTLE POWER MULTIBALL.
- The START FINAL BATTLE and COMPLETE FINAL BATTLE Achievements were being
awarded from the Challenge mode by mistake.
- Fixed an issue where PICT-O-POPS sometimes wouldn't award APRIL HURRY UP
when it could have.
- A few modes weren't having their difficulties adjusted when in IMPOSSIBLE or
MONSTER mode.

**** TWEAKED ****
- FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE and HALF SHELL CHALLENGE are limited to single player
only.
- Removed system adjustment "GAME MODE ON START" as it conflicts with game
adjustment "DEFAULT GAME MODE".

**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.24 ****
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.01.0

Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball
game.

#10373 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You mean like Stern and Dwight did a GB code update 5 years after the game came out? History shows Dwight does do updates years after the games come out.

It was not 5 years. GB came out in 2016. The last code update was 10/08/19.

I had a GB at the time and I was really frustrated with that update because it introduced a new game-breaking bug where the game couldn't find a ball when it went into a scoop during one of the modes. You would literally have to turn the game off to get out of the ball search mode. As far as I know, Dwight never fixed that after that last release. Such are Dwight games. Be careful what you ask for. You might get new content or changes, but the rest of the game might be worse off than before. That bug is a big reason why I sold my GB.

#10374 1 year ago

#10375 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had a GB at the time and I was really frustrated with that update because it introduced a new game-breaking bug where the game couldn't find a ball when it went into a scoop during one of the modes. You would literally have to turn the game off to get out of the ball search mode. As far as I know, Dwight never fixed that after that last release. Such are Dwight games. Be careful what you ask for. You might get new content or changes, but the rest of the game might be worse off than before. That bug is a big reason why I sold my GB.

the last code update for GB was amazing. Fixed so many problems. It should be version 1.17.0

#10376 1 year ago

It's a common story these days where the early code is poor, a game gets rated low, and then when the code finally gets really good the community still thinks the game is bad because most of the ratings are from the early days and very people people ever go back and revise their ratings.

#10377 1 year ago

Ok really thinking of pulling the trigger on this pin, however in the videos I have been watching there appears to be a very strong opinion to get the pro and save the $$ fir say mods and topper. I normally never purchase anything but a premium when going with stern. Can anyone give me their opinion on why you are happy you went with premium or why your stoked you decided to go with pro. I believe in the end this could be a phycological thing with me and should I get over it and just get the pro. I have only played a pro so far as I do not have access to play a premium at this time.

Thanks in advance.

#10378 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Ok really thinking of pulling the trigger on this pin, however in the videos I have been watching there appears to be a very strong opinion to get the pro and save the $$ fir say mods and topper. I normally never purchase anything but a premium when going with stern. Can anyone give me their opinion on why you are happy you went with premium or why your stokes your decided to go with pro. I believe in the end this could be a phycological thing with me and should I get over it and just get the pro. I have only played a pro so far as I do not have access to play a premium at this time.
Thanks in advance.

Absolutely love my premium, but I had planned on getting a pro originally. Only premium was available, so I just shrugged and said yolo.

Diverter is cool, krang toy is a hoot, turtle van is nice presentation, lair lock for multiball is great.

All in all, I own a few premiums, and turtles is probably the least essential vs. its pro counterpart. Actually, I have a bit of a pet peeve with the premium vs. pro - you can easily feed the pops with the pro, whereas the premium diverts over the pops. It’s kinda frustrating if you’re trying to build end of ball bonus.

#10379 1 year ago

I 2nd that, love my premium

#10380 1 year ago

I bought a Pro recently and love it. With my Godzilla I went Premium as I felt there was a big difference but here it really doesn't seem that important for the added cost. Mine already came with an aftermarket light-up Krang figure and some other nice mods too. I can finish off the mods I want and still come out with a lot of cash left over to put towards my next pin.

#10381 1 year ago

New owner reporting in. I played turtles about 10 months ago and it impressed the heck out of me; even more so than GZ, AIQ, and Mando. Happy to finally be in the club and picked up a HUO premium with roughly 600 plays. It was an older model so no insider connect; in fact, the game was out of date by 5 updates lol.

I have a few initial questions:

1. Should I install insider connect: it sounds like it’s a must for this game?

2. How’s shaker integration? Must have? So far the game is so fast I could care less for a shaker.

3. If you hold the upper flipper up when the ball whips around, is it supposed to hit the pizza toppings target by design or no?

Initial impressions, this game is wild and crazy fun!

#10382 1 year ago

Ok really thinking of pulling the trigger on this pin, however in the videos I have been watching there appears to be a very strong opinion to get the pro and save the $$ fir say mods and topper. I normally never purchase anything but a premium when going with stern. Can anyone give me their opinion on why you are happy you went with premium or why your stoked you decided to go with pro. I believe in the end this could be a phycological thing with me and should I get over it and just get the pro. I have only played a pro so far as I do not have access to play a premium at this time.
Thanks in advance.

I had a pro a year or so ago and then just picked up a prem last week. Both are a blast and I have always laughed at the people that always say get a prem.. lucked into one in a trade. It could be how this prem is set up but the flow is so smooth and the outlanes aren't rhe drain monsters that my pro was. The van multiball is great. I really like the added thing that come with this prem but a the pro is awesome. I'd the budget is limiting then jump at a pro.

#10383 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Happen to know what adjustment that is? I looked at my Pro recently and didn't see it.

I believe it’s feature adjustment 23

#10384 1 year ago

Find a pro for 5800-6k with mods and never look back. I bought a premium a couple years enjoyed it but moved it along after 8 months. My buddy picked a premium couple months ago fun yes. A pro locally popped up for 5800 with couple mods. I don't miss one thing about the premium. I actually prefer the pro stoppage plate on the wire forms vs premium. I turned the van to face me and don't miss the balls coming out of the premium at all. You can easily save 1500-2k going pro and it's every bit as good as premium and to many better. Just my two cents.

Now where's another code update lol jk

#10385 1 year ago

Thanks in advance.

I think new pros are now $7k and new Premiums are $9500. For $2500 less I'd recommend the Pro, but I don't recommend buying this pin new. It resells at a good discount,. You can get a 2nd hand premium for ~$7k, which is only ~$1K more than a used Pro. That's the way to go IMO. That's what I just did.

#10386 1 year ago

these stats as promised : 1531 balls played, 499 left outlane for 226 in the right...
not sure how are yours ?

and the table scores is for memory

enjoy your Turtle !

#10387 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

New owner reporting in. I played turtles about 10 months ago and it impressed the heck out of me; even more so than GZ, AIQ, and Mando. Happy to finally be in the club and picked up a HUO premium with roughly 600 plays. It was an older model so no insider connect; in fact, the game was out of date by 5 updates lol.
I have a few initial questions:
1. Should I install insider connect: it sounds like it’s a must for this game?
2. How’s shaker integration? Must have? So far the game is so fast I could care less for a shaker.
3. If you hold the upper flipper up when the ball whips around, is it supposed to hit the pizza toppings target by design or no?
Initial impressions, this game is wild and crazy fun!

I don't have insider connect, but it does store your turtles' training levels so it would be nice to have all their perks from the start of the game to make scoring and progress a bit easier. I avoided it because it doesn't (yet!) play nice with Scandell 's April mod, so I've put off getting one - even after upgrading to the 1.54 code which removes the April mod, I still want that April mod back and will only get the insider connect if it causes 0 issues with the 1.54 April (and now Baxter!!) mod that is currently in the works.

April Mod link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-
NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH 1.54, but seems to be very close - they're squashing a bug they discovered.

As for the shaker integration. It is awesome except for one complaint that the intensity for the Ninja Pizza Multiball is just way too much for inside of a home. It violently shakes the whole machine, loosens screws over time. I've adjusted my shaker weights to minimize this, but it's still super intense and even on the lowest shaker setting, it's still the same amount of shaking for that event. A while back, I did disable the shaker, but the feedback you get from hitting targets, completing modes, etc. is more than worth the pain of that one ridiculous sustained shaking even from the multiball. So I have turned "full" shaking back on and live with the earthquake the thing causes.

I don't usually hold that upper flipper up on my premium when the ball goes around, I'm usually flipping to hit that center ramp to more safely feed my flippers. If it hits the pizza target, I'm guessing that's a bit of a nice-to-have especially if you've qualified the Neutrino Pizza Party by training or you want to change the multiball toppings.

#10388 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I don't have insider connect, but it does store your turtles' training levels so it would be nice to have all their perks from the start of the game to make scoring and progress a bit easier. I avoided it because it doesn't (yet!) play nice with Scandell 's April mod, so I've put off getting one - even after upgrading to the 1.54 code which removes the April mod, I still want that April mod back and will only get the insider connect if it causes 0 issues with the 1.54 April (and now Baxter!!) mod that is currently in the works.
April Mod link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-
NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH 1.54, but seems to be very close - they're squashing a bug they discovered.
As for the shaker integration. It is awesome except for one complaint that the intensity for the Ninja Pizza Multiball is just way too much for inside of a home. It violently shakes the whole machine, loosens screws over time. I've adjusted my shaker weights to minimize this, but it's still super intense and even on the lowest shaker setting, it's still the same amount of shaking for that event. A while back, I did disable the shaker, but the feedback you get from hitting targets, completing modes, etc. is more than worth the pain of that one ridiculous sustained shaking even from the multiball. So I have turned "full" shaking back on and live with the earthquake the thing causes.
I don't usually hold that upper flipper up on my premium when the ball goes around, I'm usually flipping to hit that center ramp to more safely feed my flippers. If it hits the pizza target, I'm guessing that's a bit of a nice-to-have especially if you've qualified the Neutrino Pizza Party by training or you want to change the multiball toppings.

Thanks for the input! I may hold off on both the shaker and IC for now. I’ll need to read up on the pizza toppings rules, what I did find is upper inner loops shots can bounce into the pizza target if I keep the flipper in the upper position. Otherwise, I do go for the ramp like you said.

#10389 1 year ago

A few more initial thoughts.

This game is blowing me away on fun factor. I know it’s honeymoon period time ya ya ya, but wow! So many things going on; for instance, I did this Rad-Zone mode risk/reward build value with red shots and collect with blue. It was freaking a sweet mode. I drained out fast the first time but got it again and blew it up for 60 mil, that was quite satisfying. Smoked the previous GC lol.

I’m having a blast with the weapons and 1-2-3 challenges. Definitely need to start learning more of the rules. Oh and the Light show…yea no need to say what you already know, just wow - A Dwight staple for sure, over the top excellent!

#10390 1 year ago

me again,,, ok reading all this preminum bashing,,,,,say it isnt so please ???? have one commming saturday,,,,just learned it has insider connect,,,,should i not set it up and do any codes manually ??? my first stern,,,,can code up dates be done manually with a USB drive like on my houdini ???i thouhgt due to the ( price/deal ) im getting i thought this game might of been older sittign around,,,appears its not as old stock as i thought,,, i have no interest in keeping track of any games on the internet,,, i still work full time 12 hour shifts wont get played a ton tilll i retire,,,,,,,so any real advantage to setting up the insider connect ?????? any info woudl be helpfull,,,,,,thansk in advance

#10391 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with Premium, it just doesn’t make as big a difference on Turtles as on some pins. With any pin I’d upgrade to the latest code, which you can do via USB.

For TMNT, Insider Connected can save your turtles training level to persist from game to game so it’s worth setting up for that alone.

#10392 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

me again,,, ok reading all this preminum bashing,,,,,say it isnt so please ???? have one commming saturday,,,,just learned it has insider connect,,,,should i not set it up and do any codes manually ??? my first stern,,,,can code up dates be done manually with a USB drive like on my houdini ???i thouhgt due to the ( price/deal ) im getting i thought this game might of been older sittign around,,,appears its not as old stock as i thought,,, i have no interest in keeping track of any games on the internet,,, i still work full time 12 hour shifts wont get played a ton tilll i retire,,,,,,,so any real advantage to setting up the insider connect ?????? any info woudl be helpfull,,,,,,thansk in advance

Nothing to worry about, dude! You chose wisely. I'm going to shoot you a PM.

#10393 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

You're solid!!! Premium isn't bad at all. Hopefully you got a solid deal is all.

#10394 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

Sorry all you Pro owners, but premium is superior in every way. Yes big differences not being mentioned by pro owners are for example: 4 turtles pour out of van to fight 4 foot soldiers, which come up out of the sewer (launched 4 from the trough, lower ball holding area, while van is unloading from the 4 balls placed from upper area in the van) in a rare 8 ball MB, which feature no other Stern machine has. Lock in Lair only on premium, really helps in accomplishing goals the pro doesn’t have.

Yes, glider makes big difference on game play, like allowing slower shots to middle ramp by setting up shot via the glider. On pro have to do dangerous work arounds for starting modes, making mode shot setups much easier via the glider. Pizza spinner multi directional for random ball game play and keeping ball from SDTM during play, turning it safely to either the left or right flipper. Dwight spoke about what a big accomplishment that was to program into the premium because it is multidirectional, where the pro is not.

Talking Krang toy adds so much immersion from the TMNT universe into the game, it can’t be under estimated. Extra toppings not on Pro too adds for better point scoring and mode completion strategy. As stated, being able to use glider to start modes is much less dangerous by safer switching between flippers from the glider and is worth the upgrade in getting to Cowabunga. Yes, you made the right decision on the premium hands down and by far worth the extra money, even though the pros are good too, there are big differences making the value added worth it on the premium. Don’t kid yourself.

#10395 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sorry all you Pro owners, but premium is superior in every way. Yes big differences not being mentioned by pro owners are for example: 4 turtles pour out of van to fight 4 foot soldiers, which come up out of the sewer (launched from the lower ball holding area, while van is unloading from the upper placed van) in a rare 8 ball MB, which feature no other Stern machine has. Lock in Lair only on premium, really helps in accomplishing goals the pro doesn’t have.
Yes, glider makes big difference on game play, like allowing slower shots to middle ramp by setting up shot via the glider. On pro have to do dangerous work arounds for starting modes, making mode shot setups much easier via the glider. Pizza spinner multi directional for random ball game play and keeping ball from SDTM during play, turning it safely to either the left or right flipper. Dwight spoke about what a big accomplishment that was to program into the premium because it is multidirectional, where the pro is not.
Talking Krang toy adds so much immersion from the TMNT universe into the game, it can’t be under estimated. Extra toppings not on Pro too adds for better point scoring and mode completion strategy. As stated, being able to use glider to start modes is much less dangerous by safer switching between flippers from the glider and is worth the upgrade in getting to Cowabunga. Yes, you made the right decision on the premium hands down and by far worth the extra money, even though the pros are good too, there are big differences making the value added worth it on the premium. Don’t kid yourself.

hey thanks,,, we played a pro and loved it,,,,didnt do any research tilll after the deal was made,,,,we were going for a cactus canyon,but tmnt preminum fell in to my lap,,,,new in box,has inter conect so its not old stock as i thought, delivered this comming weekdn for 8400 and the seller /dealer,,,,is going to install a shaker for that price,,,,and we made a deal for a new cactus canyon,,,,,about 3 months,,,, i was looking at lightly used ones,,,,but ill need the time to get the cash together for cactus so dont mind waiting,,,,, the title seems like its for kids,,,but we are both at retirement age just gettign back in to pinball,,,,,so we will have a houdini,,,,,tmnt,,,,cactus canyon,,,and older gottlieb strikes and spares,,, in the 1990s i lived out side chicago and bought refurbished in 1994 addams family,,,and creature,,,,,sadly both were sold years ago before we had internet and this price explosion,,,,so paying 2100 for an addams and 2400 for creature,,,, the prices today took me a while to swollow,,,,id really like a monster bash,,,but out of my pricing,, i think tmnt will be a blast thanks every one

#10396 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nothing to worry about, dude! You chose wisely. I'm going to shoot you a PM.

ok koool,,,i havent seen your PM yet,,,, thanks

#10397 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Nothing wrong with Premium, it just doesn’t make as big a difference on Turtles as on some pins. With any pin I’d upgrade to the latest code, which you can do via USB.
For TMNT, Insider Connected can save your turtles training level to persist from game to game so it’s worth setting up for that alone.

what do you meen by save the turtles training level ??? sorry for the dumb question love this forum

#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

hey thanks,,, we played a pro and loved it,,,,didnt do any research tilll after the deal was made,,,,we were going for a cactus canyon,but tmnt preminum fell in to my lap,,,,new in box,has inter conect so its not old stock as i thought, delivered this comming weekdn for 8400 and the seller /dealer,,,,is going to install a shaker for that price,,,,and we made a deal for a new cactus canyon,,,,,about 3 months,,,, i was looking at lightly used ones,,,,but ill need the time to get the cash together for cactus so dont mind waiting,,,,, the title seems like its for kids,,,but we are both at retirement age just gettign back in to pinball,,,,,so we will have a houdini,,,,,tmnt,,,,cactus canyon,,,and older gottlieb strikes and spares,,, in the 1990s i lived out side chicago and bought refurbished in 1994 addams family,,,and creature,,,,,sadly both were sold years ago before we had internet and this price explosion,,,,so paying 2100 for an addams and 2400 for creature,,,, the prices today took me a while to swollow,,,,id really like a monster bash,,,but out of my pricing,, i think tmnt will be a blast thanks every one

Congrats on a steal of a deal on a TMNT premium. You did quite well! Can’t believe it went for that low. CC is an old nice shooting relic of the past, but you might go to a place and shoot it more. Everyone I know that has had CC, gets rid of it after boredom sets in. I wouldn’t make this statement in the CC club thread, but can here in our TMNT club. Its a bore fest with such shallow code with not much to do in the game compared to a deep player like TMNT. CC was made to plunk a few quarters in for 10 minutes of fun, but not for long term home ownership. TMNT on the other hand was made for HUO, with many ways to play the game, with 4 choices of turtles and multiplayer extravaganza. CC has none of that and is quite simple after hitting Black Bart only so many times and seeing the train move a few inches right and left. Not much else there. Strikes and spares is more fun, because of the premise of the game. Houdini is a tough shooter, because of tight shots, but you probably already know that. It does have a lot going on in the game although.

#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Congrats on a steal of a deal on a TMNT premium. You did quite well! Can’t believe it went for that low. CC is an old nice shooting relic of the past, but you might go to a place and shoot it more. Everyone I know that has had CC, gets rid of it after boredom sets in. I wouldn’t make this statement in the CC club thread, but can here in our TMNT club. Its a bore fest with such shallow code with not much to do in the game compared to a deep player like TMNT. CC was made to plunk a few quarters in for 10 minutes of fun, but not for long term home ownership. TMNT on the other hand was made for HUO, with many ways to play the game, with 4 choices of turtles and multiplayer extravaganza. CC has none of that and is quite simple after hitting Black Bart only so many times and seeing the train move a few inches right and left. Not much else there.

lol,,,thanks i have played it briefly at the pinball shows,,,it seemd fun and its new and made welll,,,,cant bite the bullet for a monster bash,,,only other games we seem to like you will laugh,,, me and my wife both love wheel of fortune,,,,but we have had 2 sellers back out recently for one reason or another,,,,thats how we came to tmnt,,,,only other game we seem interested in that we can efford,,,is road show,,,one really clean oen got away,,,,and spiderman vault,,,there are other games that are fun,,,,but not a theme we like,,,id love to play an elvis pin and see how it is,,,,but so far for a new one price point and build quality would be the cactus,,,,thanks for saying we got a steal of a deal

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

lol,,,thanks i have played it briefly at the pinball shows,,,it seemd fun and its new and made welll,,,,cant bite the bullet for a monster bash,,,only other games we seem to like you will laugh,,, me and my wife both love wheel of fortune,,,,but we have had 2 sellers back out recently for one reason or another,,,,thats how we came to tmnt,,,,only other game we seem interested in that we can efford,,,is road show,,,one really clean oen got away,,,,and spiderman vault,,,there are other games that are fun,,,,but not a theme we like,,,id love to play an elvis pin and see how it is,,,,but so far for a new one price point and build quality would be the cactus,,,,thanks for saying we got a steal of a deal

I think I’d be saving my money after TMNT for upcoming Jaws or Indiana Jones, debuting next year. Not that far away and you won’t have to get rid of CC, which will not fair too well in the 2nd hand market, I’m sure. It looks good, but no substance. Would hold off on MB too. My friends MB, we played through 3 times in one playing session. He said, well, going to have to make that tougher somehow or get rid of it, lol. Wheel of fortune was designed by Dennis Nordman, if I recall correctly and might be more interesting than the others you mentioned, if you’re into WofF. But I’d still hold out for either upcoming Jaws or Indy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.