(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 242.
#10201 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

Unplugging the opto harness and plugging it back in seemed to resolve this for me. Can you shed some light on your reasoning behind doing this? Just trying to learn!

Sometimes things get knocked around and loosen up. I’ve seen a few of my strange issues on various machines resolved by resetting the cables at the trough area. If the issue persists may not be a bad idea to pull the opto board and reflow the solder joints on the pcb connectors.

Also, if you use a shaker in your machine. Not a bad idea to lift the table up every once in a while to check cable connections and make sure everything is secure.

#10202 1 year ago

Anyone put Precision Flippers on? I'm looking to get a Halo set when the come out with green. How do you like them on TMNT?

#10203 1 year ago

OK, I'm finally (almost) in. Closed the deal on a Turtles Pro, but I can't pick it up until next weekend. Looking forward to battling Krang and Shredder soon!

#10204 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Anyone put Precision Flippers on? I'm looking to get a Halo set when the come out with green. How do you like them on TMNT?

I have the halos on all of my machines. They are awesome. Make sure you get the bushings. Pinball manufacturers really need to license these things.

#10205 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Sometimes things get knocked around and loosen up. I’ve seen a few of my strange issues on various machines resolved by resetting the cables at the trough area. If the issue persists may not be a bad idea to pull the opto board and reflow the solder joints on the pcb connectors.
Also, if you use a shaker in your machine. Not a bad idea to lift the table up every once in a while to check cable connections and make sure everything is secure.

sarty51 thanks a lot for your help with this. I would have never guessed to lift up the playfield and reset the opto harness. I’m guessing that drop from the plunge and the right ramp lands with enough force that it can push it loose after a while. Thrilled it was a simple fix and will be the first thing I try if I experience similar behavior with other parts.

For the record, I just now realized that your review for TMNT was the one that helped me decide between a few machines when I was making my purchase.

#10206 1 year ago

Went downstairs to play some turtles today, game boots up just fine. When I press the start button, everything freezes, topper lights go out along with all playfield lights. After a minute the game reboots. I’ve done about 5 reboots now, can’t get a game started, any thoughts on what to immediately look for?

*edit* I see from a page back looks like others just started having this issue, did anyone figure out what’s up here?

#10207 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Went downstairs to play some turtles today, game boots up just fine. When I press the start button, everything freezes, topper lights go out along with all playfield lights. After a minute the game reboots. I’ve done about 5 reboots now, can’t get a game started, any thoughts on what to immediately look for?
*edit* I see from a page back looks like others just started having this issue, did anyone figure out what’s up here?

I've had this problem a few times. I got it to work by removing and then reinserting the SD card. I'm using the 1987 code. Not sure if it's related. One time I had to put in the original code SD card to get out back to working normally.

#10208 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've had this problem a few times. I got it to work by removing and then reinserting the SD card. I'm using the 1987 code. Not sure if it's related. One time I had to put in the original code SD card to get out back to working normally.

Perfect! Switched around the SD card, seems to be working again.

#10209 1 year ago

Hey gang, I am in search of a premium in the PA area if you know anyone looking to get rid of theirs. I bought a bond pro to help a location and I’d be happy to trade that towards it.

#10210 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

sarty51 thanks a lot for your help with this. I would have never guessed to lift up the playfield and reset the opto harness. I’m guessing that drop from the plunge and the right ramp lands with enough force that it can push it loose after a while. Thrilled it was a simple fix and will be the first thing I try if I experience similar behavior with other parts.
For the record, I just now realized that your review for TMNT was the one that helped me decide between a few machines when I was making my purchase.

No problem! TMNT is an awesome game. Definitely one of the best to have at home. I love the challenge of Borg games.

#10211 1 year ago

i agree TMNT being a very nice/fun/fast game, but no matter the more games i put on it, its still eating balls, again & again, mainly the left outlane (audits are showing more than 2X than right outlane)

this would be very frustrating in location, home is no prob

#10212 1 year ago

a friend of mine got a very strange problem, he has a tmnt pro newest software.
He only gets some pizza toppings (Peperoni, fudge, Octopus, Peanuts Butter und Anchovis)
he never gets Gummi bears so he never had a 3+ multiball
Rotating either with targets or bumpers will only provide the listed toppings. He did test with glass off, so several changes did occur.

He did write a new sd-card and still has the same problem.
switch test is ok, bumpers show pic-o-pops pictures.

Has anybody had seen this problem before? Or know how this can be?

#10213 1 year ago

I'm guessing the new Sd-Card should have reset to factory but is it possible competition mode is on?

#10214 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I'm guessing the new Sd-Card should have reset to factory but is it possible competition mode is on?

we did load the settings back via usb, so competition mode could have been reloaded again.

thanks
that sounds like it makes sense, will test out and give feedback.

#10215 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Hey gang, I am in search of a premium in the PA area if you know anyone looking to get rid of theirs. I bought a bond pro to help a location and I’d be happy to trade that towards it.

I will be selling my 1 owner TMNT Premium Shortly. I am in Va Beach so not super close but not too far.

#10216 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

thank you so much, we have been strugglin so much.

yes competition mode was the answer.

#10217 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

he never gets Gummi bears so he never had a 3+ multiball

well easy, sweets are not good for health, too much sugar...

and than yes logical, you have your answer already, competition mode is the key

#10218 1 year ago

Posted my TMNT, looking for music pins (and others) to match my Gameroom theme. Lots of custom mods!

#10219 1 year ago

I just installed a set of silver halos, and think they look awesome with glow-in-the-dark rubbers. I’ll report back with gameplay impressions.

Quoted from PinHead50:

40F4573D-833A-4003-AC00-7504C9690C4A (resized).jpeg40F4573D-833A-4003-AC00-7504C9690C4A (resized).jpeg
#10220 1 year ago

Update on precision flippers. After logging a few games, I really like them. It’s almost like the feeling on a game after installing new coil stops. Flipping is very crisp and snappy. One of my goals was to be able to backhand the left ramp, and I still could not do it at the recommended flipper bat alignment. I had to raise them slightly, and now can backhand both ramps easily. However, I noted the orbit shots are now harder. Always fun getting a game dialed in the way you like to play!

Quoted from rapidflipper:

I just installed a set of silver halos, and think they look awesome with glow-in-the-dark rubbers. I’ll report back with gameplay impressions.
[quoted image]

862B2105-8766-48F7-9DAA-FC823136BFCF (resized).jpeg862B2105-8766-48F7-9DAA-FC823136BFCF (resized).jpeg
#10221 1 year ago

TMNT lockup when you start game?

anyone have issues when you turn TMNT on were it immediately locks up when you go to start a game and reboots?

I've checked the Node boards tests all pass (though node board 0 is 0.5 where the others are 1.x something not sure that matters)
updated the game code with full update, and put on Fast boot: NO to verify the images and nothing.

it doesn't always happen but once it happens it happens for a while before it "works" again.
this is a TMNT pro.

#10222 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

anyone have issues when you turn TMNT on were it immediately locks up when you go to start a game and reboots?
I've checked the Node boards tests all pass (though node board 0 is 0.5 where the others are 1.x something not sure that matters)
updated the game code with full update, and put on Fast boot: NO to verify the images and nothing.
it doesn't always happen but once it happens it happens for a while before it "works" again.
this is a TMNT pro.

I bet it's something with the sd card. I had it once where the sd card half popped out. You could just pop it out and back in and see. If that doesn't do it, if you haven't already, get a high quality sd replacement and burn the raw file onto it. My next step after that would've been to check the connections like you just did.

#10223 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I bet it's something with the sd card. I had it once where the sd card half popped out. You could just pop it out and back in and see. If that doesn't do it, if you haven't already, get a high quality sd replacement and burn the raw file onto it. My next step after that would've been to check the connections like you just did.

thanks that makes sense. I'll give that a shot hopefully it will fix it.

#10224 1 year ago

Now the turtles have a place to hang out.

2EED2A12-B113-4EF7-8C95-E014E818A494 (resized).jpeg2EED2A12-B113-4EF7-8C95-E014E818A494 (resized).jpeg3CED9DF9-1484-45E7-B33A-10D6CD991636 (resized).jpeg3CED9DF9-1484-45E7-B33A-10D6CD991636 (resized).jpeg4F1F8F30-E93E-4412-9510-BB756339DF36 (resized).jpeg4F1F8F30-E93E-4412-9510-BB756339DF36 (resized).jpegCD6105BE-5BE2-414C-A088-E62C4C724E85 (resized).jpegCD6105BE-5BE2-414C-A088-E62C4C724E85 (resized).jpegDDD35D61-325D-42F8-A765-6091E74BB3E5 (resized).jpegDDD35D61-325D-42F8-A765-6091E74BB3E5 (resized).jpeg
#10225 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Now the turtles have a place to hang out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks cool! Really still love the news building. Are you planning on selling these or are they just for fun?

#10226 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

this is a TMNT pro.

This has been reported by several users, including me, so you're not alone.

#10227 1 year ago

Cool pizza parlor. Print it bigger and make it a topper with TMNT action figures hanging out inside and the van parked next to it.

#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well easy, sweets are not good for health, too much sugar...
and than yes logical, you have your answer already, competition mode is the key

bingo

#10229 1 year ago

Picking up my TMNT Pro in a few days…. For those of you that have added action figures on the playfield what size or series fits well and looks good? Thanks!

#10230 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Picking up my TMNT Pro in a few days…. For those of you that have added action figures on the playfield what size or series fits well and looks good? Thanks!

TMNT Clip & Go Keychains match the art well. It takes a bit of work to get them off of the base, but it's possible.
ebay.com link: itm

#10231 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Found these while Xmas shopping. They are smaller scale compared to the original size of let’s say a 80’s Gijoe and perfect for a pin.

735EB63E-3E40-422E-B36A-D6A5848301FB (resized).jpeg735EB63E-3E40-422E-B36A-D6A5848301FB (resized).jpegAC0BFBC3-3D17-465E-9AEA-65D85480688A (resized).jpegAC0BFBC3-3D17-465E-9AEA-65D85480688A (resized).jpeg
#10232 1 year ago

The product line I think is called “Reaction”

#10233 1 year ago

Anyone know how to diagnose this? Playfield inserts light all over the place when flipping. Mostly on the left side of the playfield.

In switch test, any coil that fires, triggers inserts all over the playfield.

I have already tried reseating all rj45 connectors to no avail.

It's a pro model and on the latest code.

#10234 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

This has been reported by several users, including me, so you're not alone.

interesting. that is frustrating. I change the SD card and no changes, oddly when I reflash it it work for a while then stops. it's odd when it you power it up it looks like it turns on for a second, I'm wondering if some data is getting corrupted.

is there any group of people that are having this so many we can get Stern to look at it, since it seems to be some potential common issue.

#10235 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Not an action figure but I made my own custom shooter plate as I didn't like any of the ones Tilt graphics or others had.
I just created a pinside shop (arcade-cabinets.com) and put them up for sale. Each is hand made with 4mm plastic over the image which is backed on 2mm plastic base with 3M adhesive. I also have a few other plates for other games.

IMG_1245 (resized).JPGIMG_1245 (resized).JPG
#10236 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Anyone know how to diagnose this? Playfield inserts light all over the place when flipping. Mostly on the left side of the playfield.
In switch test, any coil that fires, triggers inserts all over the playfield.
I have already tried reseating all rj45 connectors to no avail.
It's a pro model and on the latest code.

Okay, we got this fixed. Turned out it was all due to the Center LED Board having a few screws being backed out. I had installed the Pin Monk colored gel inserts for the Mode inserts and had left a couple of the LED board screws slightly backed out on accident. The vibration from any coils firing, or even the ball rolling across the playfield, would cause the LEDs to do all kinds of weird things. I don’t understand why, but once we tightened the board back down to the playfield it cleared up the weird behavior. The search for a solution did also lead me to find a wire on the left sling switch which has broken its solder and I fixed that too.

#10237 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

interesting. that is frustrating. I change the SD card and no changes, oddly when I reflash it it work for a while then stops. it's odd when it you power it up it looks like it turns on for a second, I'm wondering if some data is getting corrupted.
is there any group of people that are having this so many we can get Stern to look at it, since it seems to be some potential common issue.

after it refusing to play after power cycling and waiting 5 times tonight. I decided once again to flash the SD card. and it works again. I"m 99.9% certain that they have a bug either in software corrupting the settings or maybe in hardware where the system is not powering down or signaling power loss correctly such that the system cannot sync it's settings to disk and getting corrupted. I"ve got 10-to-1 odds on that.

it actually looks like it's runnign linux on arm (I shouldn't be surprised) on one of the old cards I found a core dump. I'm half tempted to debug this myself except I really don't want to waste 40 hours lol.

#10238 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

after it refusing to play after power cycling and waiting 5 times tonight. I decided once again to flash the SD card. and it works again. I"m 99.9% certain that they have a bug either in software corrupting the settings or maybe in hardware where the system is not powering down or signaling power loss correctly such that the system cannot sync it's settings to disk and getting corrupted. I"ve got 10-to-1 odds on that.
it actually looks like it's runnign linux on arm (I shouldn't be surprised) on one of the old cards I found a core dump. I'm half tempted to debug this myself except I really don't want to waste 40 hours lol.

Yes, there seems to be some form of problem here. Will report to Stern. I just started having this issue. A change of SD card seems to have fixed for me, but having the problem again now this AM. Have tried multiple SD cards, reflashed, etc. First game or two seem to work perfectly, then the issue starts up again. Once the reset occurs, I can't get a game started at all until the SD card is reflashed or changed.

#10239 1 year ago

Wondering if the reset issue perhaps is related to insider connected and home team settings. In trouble shooting and trying to think what I've changed since this issue started, it's been increasing my home team users from one to three. Will attempt to change the home team number of users back to one and report if this fixes my reset issue.

#10240 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribbitboy:

TMNT Clip & Go Keychains match the art well. It takes a bit of work to get them off of the base, but it's possible.
ebay.com link: itm

These look good, thanks! Doesn't seem like they made another set with bad guys though.

#10241 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Wondering if the reset issue perhaps is related to insider connected and home team settings. In trouble shooting and trying to think what I've changed since this issue started, it's been increasing my home team users from one to three. Will attempt to change the home team number of users back to one and report if this fixes my reset issue.

Quick update. Removed my multiple home team users. Played two games, haven't had a reset issue yet (encouraging) after having one every time I tried to start a game. With multiple home team users, started getting the reset issue every game - regardless of logging in or not.

#10242 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Quick update. Removed my multiple home team users. Played two games, haven't had a reset issue yet (encouraging) after having one every time I tried to start a game. With multiple home team users, started getting the reset issue every game - regardless of logging in or not.

mine does not even have insider connect. I did see home team settings in there but I think they were turned off. I"ll have to double check that.
Mine also does seem to require a reflash once it stops working. I am interested to see if it locks up again if I can "restore" settings to fix it.
I've put a USB stick in there and saved the settings, and I know if it locks up I can reboot it then go into service mode as long as I don't first start a game. I'm going to try that next time it locks up. I do have a core dump (a file of the crashed program memory) that Sterns programming team should be able to use to see what went wrong. I'll give it Stern if they respond to my support request. Heck I'll be happy to help them debug if they don't know how to (though I'm sure they do)

-brian

Quoted from JPloof:

#10243 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

mine does not even have insider connect. I did see home team settings in there but I think they were turned off. I"ll have to double check that.
Mine also does seem to require a reflash once it stops working. I am interested to see if it locks up again if I can "restore" settings to fix it.
I've put a USB stick in there and saved the settings, and I know if it locks up I can reboot it then go into service mode as long as I don't first start a game. I'm going to try that next time it locks up. I do have a core dump (a file of the crashed program memory) that Sterns programming team should be able to use to see what went wrong. I'll give it Stern if they respond to my support request. Heck I'll be happy to help them debug if they don't know how to (though I'm sure they do)
-brian

Thought I had it fixed. A number of games worked. Doing the same reset thing again now. Has to be something with the code I would think if many are starting to get this issue. This is a real bummer, I just wanna play!

#10244 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Thought I had it fixed. A number of games worked. Doing the same reset thing again now. Has to be something with the code I would think if many are starting to get this issue. This is a real bummer, I just wanna play!

mine just wacked out again. I could have swore it crashed during welcome to the concrete jungle (though stilll played.. I was in the middle of the episode and the episode just stopped). after that game I power cycled and it no longer works again, I tried restoring the settings to no avail... reflashing again now. Have not heard back from Stern yet, this is disappointing. Esp for the cost of these things.

#10245 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

mine just wacked out again. I could have swore it crashed during welcome to the concrete jungle (though stilll played.. I was in the middle of the episode and the episode just stopped). after that game I power cycled and it no longer works again, I tried restoring the settings to no avail... reflashing again now. Have not heard back from Stern yet, this is disappointing. Esp for the cost of these things.

So I believe my theory on the settings getting corrupted is correct.
I took a copy of the SD card image of the "crashed" SD card as well as a newly imaged SD card and compared them.
The only differences besides 2 files that should not matter was on a partition with the "nv" directory (non-volatile, that is settings)

I took the sd card that crashes, and removed that directory, and put it back in the game, now the game boots, and starts with the "guided" setup.
at which point I can restore my settings (from the USB stick) and everything works again.

#10246 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

So I believe my theory on the settings getting corrupted is correct.
I took a copy of the SD card image of the "crashed" SD card as well as a newly imaged SD card and compared them.
The only differences besides 2 files that should not matter was on a partition with the "nv" directory (non-volatile, that is settings)
I took the sd card that crashes, and removed that directory, and put it back in the game, now the game boots, and starts with the "guided" setup.
at which point I can restore my settings (from the USB stick) and everything works again.

It also appears going into the service menu -> utills -> inst -> factory seems to fix things too at least it locked up again and that also allowed me to play after rebooting and reset times those.
I’m now wondering if maybe my 10 character initials setting is allowing corruption? The onky settings that I have that are. It factory default is, 10 char initials, through eject power 150, external volume control cabinet and headphone and free play. Im going to reset my initials to 3 only and see if that fixes it but I think it was happening before I ever changed those from 3 to 10

#10247 1 year ago

I have weird issue. I have the Stern headphones/volume controls on the coin door of my TMNT Prem. Latently, when I turn the game on, it will play the theme song once it finishes booting up. When I go to start a game, it won’t start and locks up. If I unplug the sound wires from the back of the headphones/ volume jack and reboot, the game plays fine. I am running the most current code. Anyone else see this issue?

#10248 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have weird issue. I have the Stern headphones/volume controls on the coin door of my TMNT Prem. Latently, when I turn the game on, it will play the theme song once it finishes booting up. When I go to start a game, it won’t start and locks up. If I unplug the sound wires from the back of the headphones/ volume jack and reboot, the game plays fine. I am running the most current code. Anyone else see this issue?

Can you post a picture of the connection?

#10249 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a pinball life one on my Pro. I had to turn off the setting that allows you to change the main (non-headphone) volume. It wasn't a freezing issue, but it solved my issue. But anyways it might be worth a try to go through settings. You might want to double check the settings they tell you to change when you install it.

#10250 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I have a pinball life one on my Pro. I had to turn off the setting that allows you to change the main (non-headphone) volume. It wasn't a freezing issue, but it solved my issue. But anyways it might be worth a try to go through settings. You might want to double check the settings they tell you to change when you install it.

mine does have that headphone connector.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

I thought I set it back to factory defaults (volume only controls headphone rather than cab + headphones) without any changes I thought.
I might have unplug it altogether and see if that fixes it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/205?hl=legenbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.