(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 242.
#10051 1 year ago

Thanks to all for the help. After many rounds and decided to sell my Avengers premium and buy both, I will buy tmnt pro and gotg pro. I'm waiting to be able to find a Jurassic Park... but if between now and the end of December when the machines arrive I can't find it, then I'll buy these two titles.

#10052 1 year ago

For us TMNT has moved to the not to be sold or traded status. You would guess Godzilla gets more plays from family and friends but audits don’t lie, TMNT is our most played.

#10053 1 year ago

****Edit****

This is sold now.

I have a Stern TMNT banner for sale, if anyone is interested.

$130 plus shipping (10 or 15 bucks)

PM me if interested
7F4C972E-009C-4C6F-8E6C-3E6464A1C3E1 (resized).jpeg7F4C972E-009C-4C6F-8E6C-3E6464A1C3E1 (resized).jpeg

Added 17 months ago:

item sold

#10054 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends, I have a purchase planned for the month of December but I have doubts between tmnt and gotg... I have had gotg in the past and we enjoyed it a lot at home, now I have the opportunity to buy a new one of the latest production. I have doubts between these two machines, turtles I have never played it nor do I have the possibility of trying it but from the videos I have seen it seems very fun. I would like to have a comparison of the two machines on playability, durability, fun...etc... greetings and thanks!!!! It should also be said that at home I only have one machine that is AIQ premium now... it is a hard machine and difficult to advance... at least for me...

I have both and both are fun. TMNT is a little harder to combo on but is exhilarating when you do. Guardians is easier to combo on but requires a lot more to advance.

I would consider guardians a simple middle of the road not too hard not too difficult but fun to shoot and great theme.

I would consider turtles a tougher shooter great theme and good rules set.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way. Normally I would tell you turtles but since you already have a tougher game I would go with guardians.

#10055 1 year ago

In the end I sold AIQ and I'm going to buy tmnt and gotg...better 2 than 1...hahaha

#10056 1 year ago

Update. (fixed no)

On the Ramp for Turtle Power Multiball the plunger is not stopping the ball. Figured it was the coil or sleeve. I put in a new sleeve and it still is not catching the ball. BTW the test for the coil works and so do the switches, the coil comes out but too slow to catch it anymore. So I thought it must be the coil but today after completing that change it works the same. Stumped, anyone????

Is there such a thing as a switch that works slow?

#10057 1 year ago

Building 2 has entered the chat. One just felt lonely so a little more work was required. All done now and this is the final product.

008B444A-606B-4AB7-ACC7-9C24F444861B (resized).jpeg008B444A-606B-4AB7-ACC7-9C24F444861B (resized).jpeg5017E691-00C3-4A28-81F0-F079A2D9054F (resized).jpeg5017E691-00C3-4A28-81F0-F079A2D9054F (resized).jpeg571D7A58-0AA0-4E03-8274-1DAB379BDF3D (resized).jpeg571D7A58-0AA0-4E03-8274-1DAB379BDF3D (resized).jpeg93C58C87-025F-4E8B-9085-FAF32BEC6210 (resized).jpeg93C58C87-025F-4E8B-9085-FAF32BEC6210 (resized).jpegC474B476-FE66-4FFD-B5E5-79A97FC53AB5 (resized).jpegC474B476-FE66-4FFD-B5E5-79A97FC53AB5 (resized).jpegC4C3ED6D-93E2-456F-A99D-EE9F3E5245C1 (resized).jpegC4C3ED6D-93E2-456F-A99D-EE9F3E5245C1 (resized).jpegDE3C4652-33B8-4E86-BEAB-F1FCAC99FE15 (resized).jpegDE3C4652-33B8-4E86-BEAB-F1FCAC99FE15 (resized).jpegE1878B2D-91B4-468E-85CC-A91C99490EF3 (resized).jpegE1878B2D-91B4-468E-85CC-A91C99490EF3 (resized).jpeg
#10058 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Building 2 has entered the chat. One just felt lonely so a little more work was required. All done now and this is the final product. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Omg now it’s better, so really really how can we get our hands on one???

#10059 1 year ago

!!!!nice!!!

#10060 1 year ago

I would like one

#10061 1 year ago

I want one to

#10062 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Building 2 has entered the chat. One just felt lonely so a little more work was required. All done now and this is the final product. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not normally into adding toys (outside of the neca krang mod), but that building mod is very cool. Excellent work!

#10063 1 year ago

I would definitely like one too!

#10064 1 year ago

It looks great! Does it cover more of the sightline on the right orbit? I see it replaces a couple boring plastics and a flasher, is it much higher and/or wider than than the flasher original was?

#10065 1 year ago

My TMNT Pro is an airball machine. It mostly happens when I brick my shots on the left ramp (which I do almost every attempt) and hit the dimension x targets. Does anybody else have issues with the balls flying in the air from the dimension x targets?

What I've done so far...

1) Turned down the power on my left and right flippers to 200.
2) Put 4 (2 on each side) anti airball wedges under the dimension x targets (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-pinball-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge)

The game already has a lot of dimples on it, probably from all the air the balls that I'm getting. I'm new to pinball so any advice would be helpful.

#10066 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

My TMNT Pro is an airball machine. It mostly happens when I brick my shots on the left ramp (which I do almost every attempt) and hit the dimension x targets. Does anybody else have issues with the balls flying in the air from the dimension x targets?
What I've done so far...
1) Turned down the power on my left and right flippers to 200.
2) Put 4 (2 on each side) anti airball wedges under the dimension x targets (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-pinball-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge)
The game already has a lot of dimples on it, probably from all the air the balls are getting. I'm new to pinball so any advice would be helpful?

I'm dealing with this too. I've replaced the target brackets with the ones from swinks . And it has made airballs less common, but after much abuse by being struck by a heavy metal ball, the bracket eventually gets bent back closer to 90 degrees.

The bracket angle can be adjusted with a vice and several whacks with a hammer. Ultimately it's a recurring issue requiring a bit of trial and error to get it to a point where the airballs are minimized... somewhere between a 5 and 7 degree bend seems to work best. But then the abuse (because I'm ALWAYS bricking that ramp shot) makes it bend back and the airballs get worse again.

So I can't say they're gone after I tweak the target, but they do get better for a couple months and then I have to get out the hammer again. Make sure you use something like a protractor to measure the angle of the bracket so you know you've not gone too far with the hammer.

tldr: get the swinks bracket. https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm

edit: Seems like the wedges you're using should in theory work just like the angled swinks bracket, but I wonder if a 3D printed piece of plastic would also flex and compress a bit when hit and ultimately not be as effective as a stiff metal bracket?

I have played around with lowering the right side flipper's strength, which helped a little, but this made the game less fun because it made it impossible to backhand the right ramp. And since it didn't eliminate the airballs off that one dimension x target (the one on the right), I cranked it back up.

edit 2; Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if a thick rubber or dense foam face on the target might dampen the hit and prevent airballs by absorbing some of the impact? Clearly the little foam pad directly behind the target ain't cutting it.

#10069 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I'm dealing with this too. I've replaced the target brackets with the ones from swinks . And it has made airballs less common, but after much abuse by being struck by a heavy metal ball, the bracket eventually gets bent back closer to 90 degrees.
The bracket angle can be adjusted with a vice and several whacks with a hammer. Ultimately it's a recurring issue requiring a bit of trial and error to get it to a point where the airballs are minimized... somewhere between a 5 and 7 degree bend seems to work best. But then the abuse (because I'm ALWAYS bricking that ramp shot) makes it bend back and the airballs get worse again.
So I can't say they're gone after I tweak the target, but they do get better for a couple months and then I have to get out the hammer again. Make sure you use something like a protractor to measure the angle of the bracket so you know you've not gone too far with the hammer.
tldr: get the swinks bracket. https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm
edit: Seems like the wedges you're using should in theory work just like the angled swinks bracket, but I wonder if a 3D printed piece of plastic would also flex and compress a bit when hit and ultimately not be as effective as a stiff metal bracket?
I have played around with lowering the right side flipper's strength, which helped a little, but this made the game less fun because it made it impossible to backhand the right ramp. And since it didn't eliminate the airballs off that one dimension x target (the one on the right), I cranked it back up.
edit 2; Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if a thick rubber or dense foam face on the target might dampen the hit and prevent airballs by absorbing some of the impact? Clearly the little foam pad directly behind the target ain't cutting it.

Thanks for the link! I might pick one of these up and try it out on the right side dimension x target first. I think maybe the added height of the target from the swinks, combined with the plastic wedges that I already have, could make the airballs less common. Are the swinks made of metal? It says 3D printed and I don't know much about 3D printing, but I thought 3D printing was only possible with plastic.

Also, I too was thinking about if maybe a different rubber or padding might help dampen the kickback force from the target and help with less airballs. If you come up with anything, please let me know!

#10070 1 year ago

Over Thanksgiving TMNT and Mando were a huge hit with the 2v2 and 2v1. What a perfect party game. So glad I own both games, wish all Sterns had this. So amazing!

37F3695C-5C6B-4267-8329-57972AA376FD (resized).jpeg37F3695C-5C6B-4267-8329-57972AA376FD (resized).jpegE76B3E5E-10CB-45E8-802F-8DD58D528B68 (resized).jpegE76B3E5E-10CB-45E8-802F-8DD58D528B68 (resized).jpeg
#10071 1 year ago

Where did you get the City Sewer Topper?

#10072 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

Did it blow something on your power distributor board? That's what ended up happening to me.
Edit:
I just took a look at the shaker motor. I'm almost sure that is what busted my board now. Thank you for putting mind at ease. Now I know what caused the issue.
Out of curiosity, when you fixed the shaker motor, did you try using it before repairing the board?

Sorry for late reply. Covid. Mine just reset the machine. Luckily nothing blown.

#10073 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

It looks great! Does it cover more of the sightline on the right orbit? I see it replaces a couple boring plastics and a flasher, is it much higher and/or wider than than the flasher original was?

It obstructs nothing from my point of view. Well maybe just the spot where the shooter lane drops off and transitions to the orbit. It obstructs nothing critical with game play.

4EAE886B-8D18-459A-ADB8-E6E13F0C507F (resized).jpeg4EAE886B-8D18-459A-ADB8-E6E13F0C507F (resized).jpeg
#10074 1 year ago

Does anybody know where I can find the mod to turn the turtle van to face straight at the front inside of it being at the side?

#10075 1 year ago

Does anybody know where I can find the mod to turn the turtle van to face straight at the front inside of it being at the side?

You don’t need anything at all. Remove the plastic it mounted to and turn it and remount.

256C0D8D-6843-4220-A830-0199D8378154 (resized).jpeg256C0D8D-6843-4220-A830-0199D8378154 (resized).jpeg56D78D97-4A11-4B5F-A2A4-B554E865D788 (resized).jpeg56D78D97-4A11-4B5F-A2A4-B554E865D788 (resized).jpeg5890B4AD-55CD-47E4-B031-8405AE033837 (resized).jpeg5890B4AD-55CD-47E4-B031-8405AE033837 (resized).jpeg5AAEF336-E429-495B-B885-9C68A7FC4E06 (resized).jpeg5AAEF336-E429-495B-B885-9C68A7FC4E06 (resized).jpeg
#10076 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

You don’t need anything at all. Remove the plastic it mounted to and turn it and remount.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, thanks for the info! Do you like it better facing forward?

#10077 1 year ago

Cool, thanks for the info! Do you like it better facing forward?

I did for a while but went back to side view.

#10078 1 year ago

I have seen few people talk about the metal target brackets - yes metal 3d printing exists - basically metal dust bound together with a laser. I did experiements with ghostbusters targets either side of the ramp as well and the 2mm target lift helps as I believe the lifting the rivet aids in keeping the ball down.

A couple of people have purchased these over the last few days. Please hold off until Cyber Monday to save a few dollars if you want to save a few dollars.

If you are tempted to get the bracket there is a sale at Shapeways on Cyber Monday US time.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace
Shapeways (resized).pngShapeways (resized).png

#10079 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For anyone who might be looking, we just added one Pro interactive Krang to our inventory. We get them in periodically, but it’s been fewer and farther between lately.
https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

For the love of god, how do I get informed when another shipment comes in???

#10080 1 year ago

Has anyone seen where a new flash to a class 10 SD fixed any slowness issues?

#10081 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Has anyone seen where a new flash to a class 10 SD fixed any slowness issues?

can you explain a little more where you experience the "slowness"
never have done an usb update so i have no experience there. But some people had problems after a usb update and a newly written image did fix it.
The stock cards are good but not the best. A new sd-Card does not hurt, if it is speedier it does not hurt. If the speed is needed or even if +speed supported i can not say. I would guess not.
Also the way how the sd-card images are written makes sometimes differences. Like in the on custom images some people had problems with certain kind of software. Like Balena etcher worked but not win32diskimager, or the other way round.

so the shortest test would be if you a sd-card laying around, just to test it out.
if the slowness is still there, it may be part of the software and not cureable with a new sd-card.

#10082 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

can you explain a little more where you experience the "slowness"
never have done an usb update so i have no experience there. But some people had problems after a usb update and a newly written image did fix it.
The stock cards are good but not the best. A new sd-Card does not hurt, if it is speedier it does not hurt. If the speed is needed or even if +speed supported i can not say. I would guess not.
Also the way how the sd-card images are written makes sometimes differences. Like in the on custom images some people had problems with certain kind of software. Like Balena etcher worked but not win32diskimager, or the other way round.
so the shortest test would be if you a sd-card laying around, just to test it out.
if the slowness is still there, it may be part of the software and not cureable with a new sd-card.

Thanks for the call out I should have given more details. The code (Linux) seems to be delayed during most items in the game. My issue is the rear lock for the Turtle Power multiball, it’s so delayed it does not catch the ball. Also the animations and call outs are delayed. Stern said to try a new SD. My question is have other seen this.

#10083 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Thanks for the call out I should have given more details. The code (Linux) seems to be delayed during most items in the game. My issue is the rear lock for the Turtle Power multiball, it’s so delayed it does not catch the ball. Also the animations and call outs are delayed. Stern said to try a new SD. My question is have other seen this.

the ball lock/not lock i can confirm with April hurry up, i had that sometimes. I remember, but i can not say i had it with last code (1.54). Need to monitor it the next games i do.
From my impression i have not seen or recognized any/much delays in the animations call outs. There may some mixups when some several things add up.
Like Ball lock under the van and a mission starts.
on April -> Cat in the Trees i had some issues the sound was not playing (or only the meeauuuu of the cat)

i would try a new sd-card, a class 10 sounds good. It's not a big invest but may help a lot, if not it's not a lot of money wasted and you can reuse the sd-card for something else.

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

the ball lock/not lock i can confirm with April hurry up, i had that sometimes. I remember, but i can not say i had it with last code (1.54). Need to monitor it the next games i do.
From my impression i have not seen or recognized any/much delays in the animations call outs. There may some mixups when some several things add up.
Like Ball lock under the van and a mission starts.
on April -> Cat in the Trees i had some issues the sound was not playing (or only the meeauuuu of the cat)
i would try a new sd-card, a class 10 sounds good. It's not a big invest but may help a lot, if not it's not a lot of money wasted and you can reuse the sd-card for something else.

I got some high quality super fast cards coming in today. I will share back with the group what I find. Thanks for the reply!

#10086 1 year ago
Quoted from Mram:

Where did you get the City Sewer Topper?

The top is a plastic shield that you can get during Halloween, but you have to be fast, not many are made. There are two, one 12" and one 24" in the picture I have the larger one.

#10087 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry for late reply. Covid. Mine just reset the machine. Luckily nothing blown.

Hope you're feeling better! Just replaced my power distro board and adjusted the shaker so it's not touching the contacts anymore. Everything is fully functioning now, thanks for the tip!

#10088 1 year ago

Just an FYI, Great American Pinball has TMNT pros and maybe premiums in stock right now.- I’ve been up there a couple of times playing it and debating on joining the club.

#10089 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Just an FYI, Great American Pinball has TMNT pros and maybe premiums in stock right now.- I’ve been up there a couple of times playing it and debating on joking the club.

This game is definitely growing on me. It was pretty hard at first but after you start to get a feel for it, it's pretty fun.

#10090 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This game is definitely growing on me. It was pretty hard at first but after you start to get a feel for it, it's pretty fun.

Exactly. Everyone should own one!

#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Just an FYI, Great American Pinball has TMNT pros and maybe premiums in stock right now.- I’ve been up there a couple of times playing it and debating on joining the club.

Sure you already know, this is the last run!

#10092 1 year ago

I love mine it’s tough but so much fun and really beautiful artwork. It kicks my butt most of the time but also makes me want more.

#10093 1 year ago

I don't think I've ever just played 1 game on it. Usually takes me like 3-4 before I gain my composure to actually complete anything.

But damn is it fun. I'd like to think it's making me a better pinball player. But i have my doubts.

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Oh man that Channel 6 building is beautiful! If you decide to do a group buy then count me in! WOW!

#10095 1 year ago

Fresh into the club with a brand new turts prem for the barcade. Have an issue I’m hoping someone has seen. Game continually launches balls. That’s it. Just keeps launching them. Any ideas?

07EF9647-D2F8-4DC8-B2F1-41334880AA7D (resized).jpeg07EF9647-D2F8-4DC8-B2F1-41334880AA7D (resized).jpeg
#10096 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Fresh into the club with a brand new turts prem for the barcade. Have an issue I’m hoping someone has seen. Game continually launches balls. That’s it. Just keeps launching them. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Omg, me too. Just got mine new TMNT set up and it keeps shooting balls and won’t stop. Can’t play a game, it just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting. Someone please help.

#10097 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Game continually launches balls. That’s it. Just keeps launching them.

It's trying to load the van. Check if the diverter behind the van isn't stuck in the up position, which would just allow balls to pass by.

#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

It's trying to load the van. Check if the diverter behind the van isn't stuck in the up position, which would just allow balls to pass by.

Correct.

On the prem’s it’s the van pre-load that causes that. In the Pros c\I’ve seen where the switch on ball fire is not going to an active state.

#10099 1 year ago

Hello, is it a known issue that on rare time, the ball(s) become stuck on the left side (training)? The post stay stuck in up position and even when we wait for ball search, the post never go down. The only solution is to cancel the game and restart a new one.
To me, it looks like a code issue as all the switches are working properly. I just find that it's pretty sad that this post isn't part of the ball search process.
It's not my machine but my friend's one so I didn't investigate much more yet.

Thanks for your input!

#10100 1 year ago
Quoted from Satellite-O-Love:

Oh man that Channel 6 building is beautiful! If you decide to do a group buy then count me in! WOW!

I will have a batch of them done soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/202?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.