(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 242.
#9951 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It should be all models. Best way to get Donatello skill shot.

Does the Prem/LE are ready go around by default on a full plung? If not what does left flipper hold do?

#9952 1 year ago

Anyone have any pics of the mezel mod glider mod from the player perspective angle. Thinking about picking it up. But, on the premium I think the glider blocks too much. Can barely see extra ball insert. Also, any pics with a TMNT Polly pockets added to glider? I think if I do get the glider, would need to get a figure to go on it.

#9953 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It should be all models. Best way to get Donatello skill shot.

But the Premium goes all the way around without needing to hold in the flipper button (due to the ramp that feeds to the Turtle Van).

#9954 1 year ago

What's the best rule sheet for this game?

#9956 1 year ago

Looking for others feedback. In the last patch to prevent the crashes in software seems like I get delays at times now when in multiball or when a lot is going on. While I’m glad the crashes are gone, seems like an odd coding choice. Could be to the Spike 2 system could use an upgrade.

#9957 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Looking for others feedback. In the last patch to prevent the crashes in software seems like I get delays at times now when in multiball or when a lot is going on. While I’m glad the crashes are gone, seems like an odd coding choice. Could be to the Spike 2 system could use an upgrade.

I notice small delays once in a while but I haven't noticed an increase in them since the last update. If you haven't already, you might want to try a new, good quality sd card and image it with the raw file instead of a usb update. But who knows if it'll be better--you could be just getting more observant of any existing lagging.

#9958 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

But the Premium goes all the way around without needing to hold in the flipper button (due to the ramp that feeds to the Turtle Van).

Thanks, I’m on a pro and didn’t know.

#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

When I was talking about up to 6x it was specifically to the April hu. I'm not sure raising npmb would be a good idea. Maybe by 1. Even then you could get like 33 mil grande's . I was thinking more like they should up the up the hu's. All except for raphs krang. Especially Donnie's foot123. Hell, you could raise that to 10x and raph still might be stronger. I'd probably nerf raph too by lowering the episode multiplier by 1.

Mikey currently has a 3X NPMB perk and if you get 2X PF going, you're looking at easy 6X NPMB with Insider Connected enabled. So with Insider Connected enabled, he probably doesn't need any boost, but with it disabled, a slight boost would probably be nice. I think Mikey should, by default, have the flippers change the Battle Again lane. I played in a tourney this weekend and that setting being enabled for him probably would have been enough for me to choose him over Raph or Donnie.

#9960 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

But how are you doing three episodes before pizza mb? In my game when I shoot that episode shot instead of starting it, the game gives me locks so I’m always going into pizza mb before I can even do an episode.

The trick is to start your 3rd Episode along with your NPMB.

Quoted from onemilemore:

Totally agree. I always know I'm having a good game if I don't start Pizza MB until I'm on my third episode. For TPMB, it's so infuriating when the ramp is blinking but it's *also* the second shot you need to start episode, but that's part of the challenge I love.

I try to be very deliberate with getting TPMB lit/started at the right time so that I avoid getting locked out of the Episode/MB stack.

In an ideal situation, I like:
Episode 1: Single ball play. Window Shopping or Pizza-O-Meter, basically anything that doesn't require you to shoot the right ramp.

Episode 2: Light Episode, get TPMB 1 shot away, start Episode, then Right Ramp to start TPMB. I like Krang's I Want a Body mode here (but only when the bug with its TUMB perk is fixed) or Mousers

Episode 3: Light Episode, then start Episode and NPMB at the same time. I also like Mousers or I Want a Body here, whichever I didn't play during TPMB. (These are my 2 "must-have" perks, again only when the I Want a Body perk is fixed).

Episode 4: Single ball play again. Window Shopping is good here as well, especially if you're dialed into the orbit shots and you can get a safe return from them. This is probably better as your 4th rather than 1st Episode if you're going for points because continuous shots to the same orbit keeps building in value, and any previously completed Episodes boost this value even further.

I really like to focus on the TUMB perks in these first 4 Episodes, Slash's Concrete Jungle Episode is another good one, but I find it to be the most difficult Episode for me. If you can backhand the left ramp it makes it much easier, in that case it might be worth playing as Episode 1 or 4 in Single Ball play, or (while I Want a Body's perk is broken) playing it as 1 of the 2 MB stacked Episodes.

Then Play TUMB, hopefully with Battle Again lit at the outlane and 2X PF still running (part of why I like the 4th Episode to be "easier" so I don't drain my 2X PF away) and after that I go immediately for stacking each of my re-lit MBs with Episodes 5 and 6 (Wrath of Krang and Superfly are good here because they are the highest scoring of the modes and completing them is relatively easy during MB.)

#9961 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Anyone have any pics of the mezel mod glider mod from the player perspective angle. Thinking about picking it up. But, on the premium I think the glider blocks too much. Can barely see extra ball insert. Also, any pics with a TMNT Polly pockets added to glider? I think if I do get the glider, would need to get a figure to go on it.

I have it on mine n added the figure to it. I think it’s great in my opinion.

#9962 1 year ago

I have a pro and this might not be possible unless you have a Premium or LE, does anyone know or has achieved this IC challenge?

Only have a few more left..

glider (resized).pngglider (resized).png
#9963 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I have a pro and this might not be possible unless you have a Premium or LE, does anyone know or has achieved this IC challenge?
Only have a few more left..[quoted image]

Yep, you need to play on a premium/le for that achievement. Same with the 8 ball MB, and mushroom topping lair lock achievements.

Luckily, I played a premium last week and was able to get two out of the 3. Still need that 8 ball MB.

#9964 1 year ago

Yep, you need to play on a premium/le for that achievement. Same with the 8 ball MB, and mushroom topping lair lock achievements.
Luckily, I played a premium last week and was able to get two out of the 3. Still need that 8 ball MB.

Awesome. I knew of the other ones and just needed to be ready on how to get the glider. Sure it’s divert X amount of times. Now I need to find a local Prem

#9965 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Awesome. I knew of the other ones and just needed to be ready on how to get the glider. Sure it’s divert X amount of times. Now I need to find a local Prem

It's actually not bad. Have diverter so that a shot to left ramp returns to right flipper. Hit left ramp enough times when build glider value is lit. Build value to at least 750K. Then turn glider the other direction to light collect glider value at right ramp. Hit right ramp to collect. And I'm pretty sure glider value retains between balls. So you don't have to start over if you drain.

#9966 1 year ago

It's actually not bad. Have diverter so that a shot to left ramp returns to right flipper. Hit left ramp enough times when build glider value is lit. Build value to at least 750K. Then turn glider the other direction to light collect glider value at right ramp. Hit right ramp to collect. And I'm pretty sure glider value retains between balls. So you don't have to start over if you drain.

Thank you for the steps on how to do it, this will help a ton.

#9967 1 year ago

Question for anyone who took advantage of the start final battle and complete final battle from the challenge mode on previous code. Was there anything special needed to be done to get these to pop?

I'm still running 1.53. And per the code changelog prior to 1.54 the final battle achievements would award from the challenge mode.

I'm not super great, and have only made it to final battle 1 time in co-op prior to tonight, despite owning the table for over 2 years. So I told myself that if I could get to final battle in co-op I'd allow myself to start the final battle challenge to get the final battle achievement. I finally got to final battle tonight in co-op. So I go and play final battle challenge, and nada. No achievement for starting final battle.

Do I need to beat the final battle challenge, then both (starting and completing) will be awarded?

#9968 1 year ago

Just joined the club after trading for a premium just off location. I thought I would give it a try because it was so hard to play on location which I like.

Anyway actually came here to see if there was a crash issue during gameplay and found what I wanted so thanks. Updating now.

The version I have plays so much smoother than I expected from my location experience so look forward to figuring it all out.

#9969 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Just joined the club after trading for a premium just off location. I thought I would give it a try because it was so hard to play on location which I like.
Anyway actually came here to see if there was a crash issue during gameplay and found what I wanted so thanks. Updating now.
The version I have plays so much smoother than I expected from my location experience so look forward to figuring it all out.

Welcome to the club!

Game is an ass kicker. Very enjoyable and satisfying when you kick ass back!

#9970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!
Game is an ass kicker. Very enjoyable and satisfying when you kick ass back!

Ditto welcome to the group!

#9971 1 year ago

I have a premium and not exactly sure how to get this achievement. I know you can collect glider value by switching the glider after hitting the left ramp a few times, but what is "max" glider? I saw you mention it has to be a glider value of 750k minimum. How many left ramp hits is that?

#9972 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

System J, your cards are excellent. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are they inserted? The corners are normally tucked in, so I'm wondering how you accomplished this look.

#9973 1 year ago

Lately I’ve been having an issue where I’m getting credit for hitting the right ramp when my ball is automatically plunged due to a ball save. It even causes turtle power multiball to trigger if it’s lit, but again it only occurs if a ball gets plunged after ball start. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

#9974 1 year ago
Quoted from acons017:

I have a premium and not exactly sure how to get this achievement. I know you can collect glider value by switching the glider after hitting the left ramp a few times, but what is "max" glider? I saw you mention it has to be a glider value of 750k minimum. How many left ramp hits is that?

It's funny, I have a pro. But, boned up in the premium differences since I knew I'd be playing on a premium last week at our monthly pinball club.

The max glider value is 750k. I think it took 6-7 ramp hits to get there.

#9975 1 year ago

The max glider value is 750k. I think it took 6-7 ramp hits to get there.

Oh geez that's even worse than the Max Krang Kombo being worth a whopping 500k!

#9976 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Oh geez that's even worse than the Max Krang Kombo being worth a whopping 500k!

I think I got 650 for max krang recently? Might be wrong tho.

#9977 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I think I got 650 for max krang recently? Might be wrong tho.

Well Raphael's 2nd perk is 2x Krang Kombo so that could bring it up to 1M! And the 2X playfield can bring it up to 2M points. And then Raphs Level 3 perk increases your 2x to 3x so then it could be worth 3M!

#9978 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Well Raphael's 2nd perk is 2x Krang Kombo so that could bring it up to 1M! And the 2X playfield can bring it up to 2M points. And then Raphs Level 3 perk increases your 2x to 3x so then it could be worth 3M!

Lol I love shooting this game but yeah, scoring for max Krang should be more balanced. And just higher - it's not easy to pull off in single ball play! So satisfying when you do.

Truly, the recent code updates and a little time off have really rekindled my love for this game. It's just plain fun.

#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from acons017:

Are they inserted? The corners are normally tucked in, so I'm wondering how you accomplished this look.

Yes they just tuck in and are the best cards to get.

#9980 1 year ago

Owners with pin stadiums, What are you using for the flasher connection trigger? Also do pin stadiums trigger the normal lights 100% at any voltage or can they change the brightness if the trigger voltage is changed?

#9981 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Owners with pin stadiums, What are you using for the flasher connection trigger? Also do pin stadiums trigger the normal lights 100% at any voltage or can they change the brightness if the trigger voltage is changed?

Center flasher between pop bumpers.
Brightness of normal lights can vary 0 to 100% with voltage of whatever it is connected to.

#9982 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I use the pizza spinner as the trigger for the UV flasher. Check out this Pin stadium install video if you have not seen it yet.

#9983 1 year ago

I have what sounds like a loose ball guide. Today I got into it (not easy) and found the guide is held by two screws from the top but they were tight. Given the guide was loose on both was this made to be a floating guide?

47CA5DFA-6198-432A-9EE2-167FCCC1C4DA (resized).jpeg47CA5DFA-6198-432A-9EE2-167FCCC1C4DA (resized).jpeg96990E97-8FDB-4435-BD88-71D144FA92B9 (resized).jpeg96990E97-8FDB-4435-BD88-71D144FA92B9 (resized).jpeg984F7098-5049-4D9E-8F63-6C2AC7F5A2A7 (resized).jpeg984F7098-5049-4D9E-8F63-6C2AC7F5A2A7 (resized).jpeg
#9984 1 year ago

I’m not sure if this is a software issue or what, but I’ve been noticing that I’ve been getting credit with hitting the right ramp when an episode starts after the ball is plunged to start the mode. It didn’t used to do this, but now it’s doing it sporadically. Is there something that’s broken on my machine? Anyone else experiencing this? This is on my premium.

#9985 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

I’m not sure if this is a software issue or what, but I’ve been noticing that I’ve been getting credit with hitting the right ramp when an episode starts after the ball is plunged to start the mode. It didn’t used to do this, but now it’s doing it sporadically. Is there something that’s broken on my machine? Anyone else experiencing this? This is on my premium.

Opto issue on the top of that ramp? Could be loose and when it bumps it’s seen as a trigger? If you take the glass off and don’t plunge the ball and tap the ramp, does it trigger?

#9986 1 year ago
Quoted from acons017:Are they inserted? The corners are normally tucked in, so I'm wondering how you accomplished this look.

3D printed some card trays. I never liked the tucked corners, especially on a flat apron. The recessed card holders on an apron are ok, like some B/W games have.

#9987 1 year ago

Out of curiousity, what color is the action button suppose to light up as? I have a TMNT pro and it seems to only either light up blue or white. I've seen some pics of other machines where the button lights up green. You'd figure it would light up as the color of the turtle you're playing as.

#9988 1 year ago

Has anyone had issues with the lair time lock in ninja pizza multiball keeping the ball locked too long since maybe 1.53? A previous code update fixed this issue, but I feel like it’s back since recent updates.
Also, anyone ever have any problems with ball 2 not locking in the pizza parlor with a premium? Sometimes it happens with ball 3, but pretty rarely.
If these issues have already been addressed I apologize. There’s a lot to read through here.

#9989 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

Out of curiousity, what color is the action button suppose to light up as? I have a TMNT pro and it seems to only either light up blue or white. I've seen some pics of other machines where the button lights up green. You'd figure it would light up as the color of the turtle you're playing as.

I will watch someone at home play today and let you know.

#9990 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So that's your lock problem. You need to make sure that lock 2 isn't activating on ball 1. It may be a sticky switch or the switch dragging on something (which is why it only happens most of the time, not all the time). Adjust switch 2.

If this is a switch related to the opto boards with 3 optos on them how do you single out #2 for adjustments?

#9991 1 year ago

The right flipper finger in my LE is stuck in the UP position. Over the course of a game it got worse. Now it‘s stuck even with the power off. I guess this is a typical issue, but new to me. What to do?

Thanks in advance!

83299E4F-CF8D-41AF-99C2-03B446FDE969 (resized).jpeg83299E4F-CF8D-41AF-99C2-03B446FDE969 (resized).jpeg
#9992 1 year ago
Quoted from azur3:

The right flipper finger in my LE is stuck in the UP position. Over the course of a game it got worse. Now it‘s stuck even with the power off. I guess this is a typical issue, but new to me. What to do?
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

check the coil stop. How many games have on the machine?

you can google on youtube you should find several videos that explain what to look for and how to fix.

#9993 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

you can google on youtube you should find several videos that explain what to look for and how to fix.

It’s either the coil stop or the shaft from the flipper is spinning in the clamp. Meaning the clamp is not squeezing it hard enough. I have had both happen and that common. My guess it to tighten the clamp underneath since you said it moves around. You can determine that if you can take the glass off and move the flipper back down.

#9994 1 year ago
Quoted from azur3:

Thanks in advance![quoted image]

I changed my coil stop and sleeve. That fixed the issue.

#9995 1 year ago
Quoted from jdebottis:

If this is a switch related to the opto boards with 3 optos on them how do you single out #2 for adjustments?

There's some play in the opto bracket so you can loosen and adjust. But I'd check all your balls to make sure they're not magnetized first.

#9996 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

Quoted from TroyS:

It’s either the coil stop or the shaft from the flipper is spinning in the clamp. Meaning the clamp is not squeezing it hard enough. I have had both happen and that common. My guess it to tighten the clamp underneath since you said it moves around. You can determine that if you can take the glass off and move the flipper back down.

Quoted from Mram:

I changed my coil stop and sleeve. That fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot guys, will replace coil stop and sleeve. And I always thought, I'd get away without tinkering..

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from azur3:

Thanks a lot guys, will replace coil stop and sleeve. And I always thought, I'd get away without tinkering..

Also possible that the spring broke.

#9998 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

If you scroll through the menu during a game by holding both flippers, it will tell you what the action button colors mean. My premium cycles between white, purple, and red. Red is triggered during pizza challenge, purple is lit to change the position of the glider and denote when the glider value can be built, and white is for ball launch.

#9999 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

If you scroll through the menu during a game by holding both flippers, it will tell you what the action button colors mean. My premium cycles between white, purple, and red. Red is triggered during pizza challenge, purple is lit to change the position of the glider and denote when the glider value can be built, and white is for ball launch.

On the pro it just says white to launch ball and orange/red to eat pizza. Doesn't say anything about blue though. Perhaps the colors are different depending on the models. At the very least mine wouldn't turn purple since the pros don't have that diverter.

#10000 1 year ago

New odd behavior with Turtle Power Multiball.

I have a Pro on the latest code and this function was the same for the last 500+ games. When starting the Tirtlw Mutliball up the right ramp the back coil “Van Coil” now long stops the ball for the animation. The multiball starts but it’s not stopped.

The coil passes the coil test, the switch does trigger on the switch test and on game play the multiball does start. The config for the mode is default has not changed.

Anyone seen this or can help with thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
5C05307B-18E0-4D4C-AE6C-62441E31D89F (resized).jpeg5C05307B-18E0-4D4C-AE6C-62441E31D89F (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/200?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.