(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 242.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Just a little preliminary fun with the Pinball Browser. I added some "Secret of the Ooze" music to the Ninja Pizza multiball.

Fantastic!

#902 3 years ago

The ability to personalize is gonna have me busy with this game for sure!

#903 3 years ago

Hi everyone, first post, first pin... waiting on my TMNT Pro that I WON from pinball.edu, pretty excited. Question, I've heard that I should plan to replace all the balls in the game with Ball Baron ones as they are better quality. Any truth to that? I looked into it briefly and see that the Chrome Ninja balls wont work because of the magnets in the pizza. Is it worth getting the carbon steel ones? Should I stick to stock?
Thanks in advance.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from A-D-L:

Hi everyone, first post, first pin... waiting on my TMNT Pro that I WON from pinball.edu, pretty excited. Question, I've heard that I should plan to replace all the balls in the game with Ball Baron ones as they are better quality. Any truth to that? I looked into it briefly and see that the Chrome Ninja balls wont work because of the magnets in the pizza. Is it worth getting the carbon steel ones? Should I stick to stock?
Thanks in advance.

Meh. Keep the playfield waxed and the stock stern ones are fine for a while. You DEFINITELY can't put chrome ones in it because of the magnets, though.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Keep the playfield waxed and the stock stern ones are fine for a while. You DEFINITELY can't put chrome ones in it because of the magnets, though.

Does this mean I cant use the titan super shiny chrome steel pinballs I have ready for my LE? darn. Which balls would you recommend? I was going to put them in my SW LE as well but I guess I cant because of the hyperloop...

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Does this mean I cant use the titan super shiny chrome steel pinballs I have ready for my LE? darn. Which balls would you recommend? I was going to put them in my SW LE as well but I guess I cant because of the hyperloop...

That’s correct. Just use the standard shiny ones from Titan.

#907 3 years ago

I used the plain Marco's pinballs which are the only ones that have done well in LOTR and Goldeneye and they are already starting to get magnetized (and right beat up looking as well). That multiball intro seems to really do a number. Going to try Ball Barons carbons next although they haven't stayed unmagnatized well for me in the past but they look the best by far.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I used the plain Marco's pinballs which are the only ones that have done well in LOTR and Goldeneye and they are already starting to get magnetized (and right beat up looking as well). That multiball intro seems to really do a number. Going to try Ball Barons carbons next although they haven't stayed unmagnatized well for me in the past but they look the best by far.

I’ve never seen a titan standard pinball get magnetized. Going on 3 years using them now.

#909 3 years ago

All of the ones I've gotten for myself as well as the Carbons we got for Richmond Pinball Collective have ended up causing trough issues due to magnetization. I guess it's possible we got in on a bad run. Planning on giving them another shot now that they've rebranded them (even though they might be exactly the same). There is no doubt his ninja chrome's are the best pinballs for non-magnetized games and I'd like to just get all my pinballs from the same place if possible.

#910 3 years ago

LE #52 Reporting for duty! Possible last to the party but damn glad to be here!

9880EE39-1B21-45F1-9F51-9077141C46D4 (resized).jpeg9880EE39-1B21-45F1-9F51-9077141C46D4 (resized).jpeg9E2E1591-AA0E-44B4-921C-C4B0D12DDB4B (resized).jpeg9E2E1591-AA0E-44B4-921C-C4B0D12DDB4B (resized).jpeg
#911 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If you have an issue with your machine please let your dealer know, or call tech support at 1-800-KICKERS.

I phoned 1800 KNOCKERS one time... It wasn't Stern Support.

No peep on my LE yet.

Rob

#912 3 years ago

So on my LE, I put some mylar on the scratch/gouge in the side of the ramp from the diverter and a piece is wrapped around the end as well which seems to have effectively "stopped" any further damage. I'm not terribly concerned about it but I'll keep an eye out and if Stern does something "official" I'll take a look, otherwise on this one I'm good.

Now the ball flying off the left rail and right down the left side drain is getting annoying... Yeah the ball has to be hauling serious Turtle ass but still, it's really frustrating when you're having a great game and you loose the ball like that...

Thanks,
Jeff

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I phoned 1800 KNOCKERS one time... It wasn't Stern Support.
No peep on my LE yet.
Rob

I did that once too!

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

LE #52 Reporting for duty! Possible last to the party but damn glad to be here!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Still waiting on my LE! Enjoy

#915 3 years ago

FYI Dwights latest beta code allows modes to be started while 123 foot combo is running... very nice improvement.

#916 3 years ago

Thought I saw a video of it, but anyone else got the node board 1, 8, and 9 not responding tech alerts?

I don’t see anything not working though

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Thought I saw a video of it, but anyone else got the node board 1, 8, and 9 not responding tech alerts?
I don’t see anything not working though

I believe that alert pops up because high power is cut off when you open the coin door. If you pull out the interlock switch with the coin door open the errors should clear. I was confused/worried for a second too when I first saw it as I’ve never encountered that on another Stern.

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Turtles LE. The diverter will eat through foam and get stuck. Found a random cliffy I had laying around. Double side mounting tape. Working great so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just got LE#27 setup. Some issues.

1. Diverter hitting the ramp. In fact, my diverter was complete loose and laying in the ramp. We reattached it and tightened the nut. If tightened and secure it will not hit the ramp anymore. There is about 8th of an inch from the ramp and the diverter.

00873288-29C3-40FB-BBE9-35CB38FDD18B (resized).jpeg00873288-29C3-40FB-BBE9-35CB38FDD18B (resized).jpeg02C1F1EE-377A-42FF-BC3F-4CC98DD90622 (resized).jpeg02C1F1EE-377A-42FF-BC3F-4CC98DD90622 (resized).jpeg05679377-C794-4472-8875-9C5F8F69D124 (resized).jpeg05679377-C794-4472-8875-9C5F8F69D124 (resized).jpeg52D21C6B-122A-410F-BA13-DAFEE8258BFE (resized).jpeg52D21C6B-122A-410F-BA13-DAFEE8258BFE (resized).jpeg6EA35D7D-8302-4923-8422-04671925FFF6 (resized).jpeg6EA35D7D-8302-4923-8422-04671925FFF6 (resized).jpeg
#919 3 years ago

So if your diverter is hitting the ramp the nut under it needs to be tightened.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

FYI Dwights latest beta code allows modes to be started while 123 foot combo is running... very nice improvement.

What's the version number?

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

Thank goodness .. I love 123 foot but it always seems to be in the way

#922 3 years ago

If there are any keychain nerds out there like me, this one seems to be one of the better ones out there. Pretty hard to track down, but there are 1-2 on eBay.

Edit: just noticed the bottom screw for the coin door appears to be popping out, lol

69A3A495-4438-4A4B-A2D2-7912B821A70C (resized).jpeg69A3A495-4438-4A4B-A2D2-7912B821A70C (resized).jpeg

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Just a little preliminary fun with the Pinball Browser. I added some "Secret of the Ooze" music to the Ninja Pizza multiball.

ICEMAN approves it that’s dope

#924 3 years ago

Picked up LE #84 from public location 1 tonight. 130 plays in 3 days.

The playfield is is super shape, the game still looks basically flawless with the exception of some super minor playfield indentions you can only see under a fluorescent reflection.

My diverter HAS been making contact with the rear ramp wall, though I would have never looked for this or known if not for this thread. I documented in photos, and sent to engineering directly as well as a few other photo and video examples I’ve seen.

If the fix really is as simple as a nut adjustment i’m sure a service bulletin will be issued. I’ll be making that adjustment myself tomorrow.

The damage taken to the rear ramp in 130 plays is superficial (scuffs) and in a non visible place on the game. All the same, I’m sure it’s something they never designed to happen.

As for the game, I’ve left it in a new location at a brand new arcade in Rowlett Texas that just opened on 6/12. They were trying to open on 1/1/20 and had been delayed until March. And then, well. You know. Now they are struggling to have consistent business, and bills are coming in big.

My hope is that my TMNT LE can help them pay the bills, so I’ve loaned it to them instead of bringing it home to join my collection.

Hope it helps.

751E1F9E-24CC-425B-8EB8-F485C54847E4 (resized).jpeg751E1F9E-24CC-425B-8EB8-F485C54847E4 (resized).jpegE960F47A-6965-46C1-8A61-5FDDC455E0E9 (resized).jpegE960F47A-6965-46C1-8A61-5FDDC455E0E9 (resized).jpeg
#925 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

If there are any keychain nerds out there like me, this one seems to be one of the better ones out there. Pretty hard to track down, but there are 1-2 on eBay.
Edit: just noticed the bottom screw for the coin door appears to be popping out, lol
[quoted image]

Or about $3.60 each from the source (which is also likely unlicensed and where the ebay ones are coming from) if you can wait a month for it to show up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001095365324.html

These are cuter, IMO, and they have all the turtles, but you'd have to order a bunch for the expensive shipping to make sense:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001126738915.html

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or about $3.60 from the source (which is also likely unlicensed and where the ebay ones are coming from) if you can wait a month for it to show up.

I saw that and I’m pretty sure they’re not original, not like it matters much for a keychain. It’s branded “2015 Nickelodeon”, I think it ran me $6 on eBay.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Picked up LE #84 from public location 1 tonight. 130 plays in 3 days.
The playfield is is super shape, the game still looks basically flawless with the exception of some super minor playfield indentions you can only see under a fluorescent reflection.
My diverter HAS been making contact with the rear ramp wall, though I would have never looked for this or known if not for this thread. I documented in photos, and sent to engineering directly as well as a few other photo and video examples I’ve seen.
If the fix really is as simple as a nut adjustment i’m sure a service bulletin will be issued. I’ll be making that adjustment myself tomorrow.
The damage taken to the rear ramp in 130 plays is superficial (scuffs) and in a non visible place on the game. All the same, I’m sure it’s something they never designed to happen.
As for the game, I’ve left it in a new location at a brand new arcade in Rowlett Texas that just opened on 6/12. They were trying to open on 1/1/20 and had been delayed until March. And then, well. You know. Now they are struggling to have consistent business, and bills are coming in big.
My hope is that my TMNT LE can help them pay the bills, so I’ve loaned it to them instead of bringing it home to join my collection.
Hope it helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

The way my brain works, as soon as I read 'super minor playfield indentions' I was singing it to the TMNT theme song in my brain.

Rob

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

xaqery says no Midnight Madness mode in TMNT. Since there's obviously some polish left to do, here's hoping for one of Dwight's Midnight Madness modes in another update. It's a shame Star Wars had to have its MM pulled.

ah too bad i like this random kicking in of the midnight madness. Was just wondering as there seem to be traces of midnight madness in the code.
some active call outs for midnight madness champion.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

ah too bad i like this random kicking in of the midnight madness. Was just wondering as there seem to be traces of midnight madness in the code.
some active call outs for midnight madness champion.

Well, that's encouraging. It either means Xaqery is still planning Midnight Madness for TMNT but just can't admit it publicly yet, OR the more depressing version that it was planned and ran afoul of licensor restrictions.

Still hoping it's coming. I love the feature, especially when it's as well-integrated with the theme as the one in Munster is.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it was planned and ran afoul of licensor restrictions.

We all know TMNT's core audience will be in bed well before Midnight.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

We all know TMNT's core audience will be in bed well before Midnight.

I always flip them so it's noon instead of midnight and everyone has a chance to see it at a decent hour.

#932 3 years ago

Took all day at the arcade but I managed to put up a score I was really happy with. 1 mode away from final battle too!

4B95CACE-AA5F-44CE-B2F4-98F491877BA7 (resized).jpeg4B95CACE-AA5F-44CE-B2F4-98F491877BA7 (resized).jpeg
#933 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

So on my LE, I put some mylar on the scratch/gouge in the side of the ramp from the diverter and a piece is wrapped around the end as well which seems to have effectively "stopped" any further damage. I'm not terribly concerned about it but I'll keep an eye out and if Stern does something "official" I'll take a look, otherwise on this one I'm good.
Now the ball flying off the left rail and right down the left side drain is getting annoying... Yeah the ball has to be hauling serious Turtle ass but still, it's really frustrating when you're having a great game and you loose the ball like that...
Thanks,
Jeff

Can you post a picture please?

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Curse you John Borg!!! This Machine is a little harder to turn all titan then my others. Got it all done though so J Borg....you’re good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you provide a list of a titan rubber set for Tmnt? Would love to turn mine all green.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the version number?

The version number doesn’t matter much since it isn’t a public release but it was 1.04.4 to answer your question. It seems like a no brainer to add this feature. The only other feature I noticed was 10% score bonus added for each level up you achieve from training.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

OR the more depressing version that it was planned and ran afoul of licensor restrictions.

My money is on this.

#937 3 years ago

For all those with games already, how many scoreboard champions are there for turtles?

#938 3 years ago

The usual 5 (GC and 1-4) and high score for each turtle. No mode / other trackers yet I don't think.

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

[quoted image]

Send a link if you can. Cant find on ebay

#940 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon runs 24 hours a day.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or about $3.60 each from the source (which is also likely unlicensed and where the ebay ones are coming from) if you can wait a month for it to show up.
These are cuter, IMO, and they have all the turtles, but you'd have to order a bunch for the expensive shipping to make sense:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001126738915.html

I found some of these that I think look amazing! For $2.99 found here https://geek.wish.com/product/tmnt-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-keychain-key-ring-583879e1e9b293417fffa5a0?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

back side (resized).pngback side (resized).pngdonn (resized).pngdonn (resized).pngkeychain (resized).pngkeychain (resized).pngleo (resized).pngleo (resized).png
#942 3 years ago

After reattaching the diverter last night. I played about 30 games or. Its really fun! Super fast! However, the current code is too heavy on multi-ball. Hopefully Dwight makes it better over time. He is hit and miss with code.
This game is a better Borg design. Tron style in a way.

738B2BA4-4F49-4120-918E-859673AC31F3 (resized).jpeg738B2BA4-4F49-4120-918E-859673AC31F3 (resized).jpegA2E4FDBF-71C5-4F90-B99A-EA4139C40C76 (resized).jpegA2E4FDBF-71C5-4F90-B99A-EA4139C40C76 (resized).jpegAAB510AE-5DDF-4AC9-92A9-71BAC60AD776 (resized).jpegAAB510AE-5DDF-4AC9-92A9-71BAC60AD776 (resized).jpeg

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I found some of these that I think look amazing! For $2.99 found here https://geek.wish.com/product/tmnt-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-keychain-key-ring-583879e1e9b293417fffa5a0?hide_login_modal=true&share=web [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am not sure why so many people use keys for home use only pins. Just get these and it will make your life easier:

https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I am not sure why so many people use keys for home use only pins. Just get these and it will make your life easier:
https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

You haven’t met my kids my son would open my games and attempt to climb inside them if he could

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I am not sure why so many people use keys for home use only pins.

I just like how it feels.

F0651999-060C-4ABB-B13E-F6D22021CF00.gifF0651999-060C-4ABB-B13E-F6D22021CF00.gif
#946 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just got LE#27 setup. Some issues.
1. Diverter hitting the ramp. In fact, my diverter was complete loose and laying in the ramp. We reattached it and tightened the nut. If tightened and secure it will not hit the ramp anymore. There is about 8th of an inch from the ramp and the diverter.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you get the wrench in there?

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How did you get the wrench in there?

was thinking the same thing. My LE comes Thursday. distributer bringing it to set up so well look at together and maybe he can fix if needed

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

After reattaching the diverter last night. I played about 30 games or. Its really fun! Super fast! However, the current code is too heavy on multi-ball. Hopefully Dwight makes it better over time. He is hit and miss with code.
This game is a better Borg design. Tron style in a way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please share more about that Empire Pin next to your TMNT LE

#949 3 years ago

Has anyone streamed a TMNT LE yet?

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone streamed a TMNT LE yet?

Yep. Jack dangers reveal stream was on one, spacecitypinball did one last weekend, I’m sure there are others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/19?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.