(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 241.
#9901 1 year ago

For anyone who might be looking, we just added one Pro interactive Krang to our inventory. We get them in periodically, but it’s been fewer and farther between lately.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

#9902 1 year ago

Installing the knocker kit from PinballLife this weekend.

Also, highly recommend the Lermods Krang addition, the Mezelmods Technodrome and their Ninja trainer flasher covers.

This game is "bolted down" in my house.

#9903 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Does anyone have a Turtles selection cover they would like to sell or an STL file…. Hoping someone has an extra or willing to sell theirs…[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m assuming PinMonk will make more…

#9904 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yeah, I will be making more. I just had an issue getting more of the neon green I was using for it, then when I got it, I've been buried with Tibetan Breeze:ZEN launch stuff. When it calms down a little, I'll make some more.

#9905 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I will be making more. I just had an issue getting more of the neon green I was using for it, then when I got it, I've been buried with Tibetan Breeze:ZEN launch stuff. When it calms down a little, I'll make some more.

Thanks!!!!! This is the one piece I have really been wanting.

#9906 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thanks

#9907 1 year ago

I replaced the left flipper stop coil and Stern had an adhesive between the brackets. Anyone know if that needs to be added on and what it is?

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from Mram:

I replaced the left flipper stop coil and Stern had an adhesive between the brackets. Anyone know if that needs to be added on and what it is?

I don’t remember seeing that but can say on my rebuild and working on other machines I have always mounted the bracket to the base with no adhesive of any kind. Hope this helps.

#9909 1 year ago

Did Dwight change the cowabunga qualifier to be 3 April hurry ups instead of 5? I couldn’t find it in the code read me, but then I was playing today, saw I had 2 of 5 completed, then did another hurry up and April’s face was colored in and it said something like 2 of 0 complete… could be a display bug or something.

#9910 1 year ago

How is short plunging and having it roll down the right ramp not a skill shot?

#9911 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

How is short plunging and having it roll down the right ramp not a skill shot?

Agreed Ive mentioned this before to a few people!

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Agreed Ive mentioned this before to a few people!

Another agreement…the Donatello skill shot is the only reason to hold the left flipper. I don’t play with him so I never use it and just go for the pop lanes.

#9913 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Did Dwight change the cowabunga qualifier to be 3 April hurry ups instead of 5? I couldn’t find it in the code read me, but then I was playing today, saw I had 2 of 5 completed, then did another hurry up and April’s face was colored in and it said something like 2 of 0 complete… could be a display bug or something.

Did you get to pizza party in TUMB or the 3rd stage of Final Battle? Either of those will spot an achievement starting with April.

Quoted from WesleyB:

Another agreement…the Donatello skill shot is the only reason to hold the left flipper. I don’t play with him so I never use it and just go for the pop lanes.

I think tictokman is talking about on the Prem/le. On the pro I often avoid the pops if there's a topping in queue I really want. I've been obsessed with getting ice cream, marshmallows and at least one gummy bear so I've been using the left (super skill like) flipper orbit shot. The premiums (of which I got another chance to play and enjoyed it much more than the first time I tried it), only have the option of sending it to the left orbit or down the right ramp. Which when playing the prem made me wonder why there isn't some bonus for it too.

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

3rd stage of Final Battle? Either of those will spot an achievement starting with April.

Wait, Final Battle will also spot one? Why did I not know that?

#9915 1 year ago

A PAPA circuit event used TMNT in the tourney this weekend. It was on super old code. Top score for the weekend was maybe 25 mil? Made for some interesting games. But hey, there were no crashes the whole weekend to my knowledge.

#9916 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Wait, Final Battle will also spot one? Why did I not know that?

I'm pretty sure it does. Not 100% though. But you have to get to the 3rd level which I've only got to once.

#9917 1 year ago

Does anyone have suggestions for preventing wild airballs off the Dimension X target (right one is the culprit on my game)? I'm using the Swinks angled target bracket and have seen it lose its ability to prevent airballs slowly over the course of a few months. I took a hammer to it to bend it back to 5 degrees. That wasn't enough bending apparently, so I went to 6.5 degrees. Still at that angle, I'm still getting consistent airballs that jump the wireforms and drain directly into the left outlane. I'm almost tempted to bend it somewhere between 0 and 5 to see if there's a sweet spot there?

It's been very frustrating to deal with in a game that otherwise works perfectly. Anyone else have suggestions? I'm getting to the point where I might just replace the whole target and see if that shakes out the bad juju.

#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

A PAPA circuit event used TMNT in the tourney this weekend. It was on super old code. Top score for the weekend was maybe 25 mil? Made for some interesting games. But hey, there were no crashes the whole weekend to my knowledge.

I wonder why they wouldn't have had it updated to the latest code. It's the most stable the code has been in a very, very long time.

#9919 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I wonder why they wouldn't have had it updated to the latest code. It's the most stable the code has been in a very, very long time.

Probably wasn’t on purpose, they just didn’t realize it when they subbed it in for another game that went down.

#9920 1 year ago

I feel like this is a dumb question, but it's there anything special about leveling this game? All of the legs on mine are as short as possible and the bubble is at the top. The only way to get it towards the middle is to raise the front legs, right? But that would make the playfield angle closer to 0. It doesn't seem right. If anything it seems like the angle should be steeper... Any ideas?

20221109_171613 (resized).jpg20221109_171613 (resized).jpg
#9921 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I feel like this is a dumb question, but it's there anything special about leveling this game? All of the legs on mine are as short as possible and the bubble is at the top. The only way to get it towards the middle is to raise the front legs, right? But that would make the playfield angle closer to 0. It doesn't seem right. If anything it seems like the angle should be steeper... Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Your bubble could be fitted the wrong way around. Our DP was like that so I put a level on the playfield and the bubble was way out.

Level your game with a level first.

16680369265702359818092301133047 (resized).jpg16680369265702359818092301133047 (resized).jpg

#9922 1 year ago

Yesterday I had Michelangelo get Donatello's TPMB perk. At the start of the game the TPMB insert was flashing and one shot to the ramp started TPMB multiball. My friend and I had previously played final battle and then started a 2 player game where I went first.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Rob

#9923 1 year ago

Is the stern shooter rod worth it? I've heard complaints.

#9924 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

Don't use the bubble. Use a digital leveler and get that baby at a pitch from 6.0 to 6.5. If you want a beating go up to 7 but I find the sweet spot at 6.5. I always have my front legs all the way down and adjust the back ones up to the desired pitch.

#9925 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yesterday I had Michelangelo get Donatello's TPMB perk. At the start of the game the TPMB insert was flashing and one shot to the ramp started TPMB multiball. My friend and I had previously played final battle and then started a 2 player game where I went first.
Rob

I haven't seen that one but I don't play mikey that often. Have you been able to reproduce the effect again? If you can I'd post it again here and report it to stern. I know Corey Stup has watched this forum for potential bugs, but probably better to directly report it as well.
...but I wish Mikey (and Don) had better perks. I've been thinking lately instead of nurfing (nerfing?) Raphs training because of the IC, the tmnt team should look at upping everyone else's. A 4x to 6x multiplier on April HU might tempt me to use mikey more often. I mean, you're lucky to get a few a game, I doubt even 6x would put the balance out.

#9926 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

...but I wish Mikey (and Don) had better perks. I've been thinking lately instead of nurfing (nerfing?) Raphs training because of the IC, the tmnt team should look at upping everyone else's. A 4x to 6x multiplier on April HU might tempt me to use mikey more often. I mean, you're lucky to get a few a game, I doubt even 6x would put the balance out.

That 3X NPMB should be pretty valuable as is, especially with 2X pf going as well. The biggest issue with Raph is how the 3X PF and 3X episodes combine to make Episodes worth 9x. But a 6x NPMB as Mikey certainly isn't something I'm gonna say no to.

I think the other thing that really complicates matters is that persistent perks and having to earn perks have completely different impacts on what might be considered balanced. I don't think there is a good way to really find a balance between both settings. Personally Id rather have balance when it comes to having to earn your levels and perks than to balance based on persistent perks.

#9927 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the stern shooter rod worth it? I've heard complaints.

I had reservations about installing one myself but I have had zero problems and I think it looks pretty neat. I've also heard of people changing the blue wrap on it to red and installing it onto a Deadpool. My son is 5 and has come close to hitting his face on it (during his "look what I can do" moments that kids his age are know for) but other than that, no issues. Been able to hit the ball as hard as I need to, no extra parts needed.

#9928 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Was it right at the start of the game before plunge or is it possible you got it from the pops as an award and didnt notice?

#9929 1 year ago

Does holding the left flipper button down on the plunge do anything with TMNT?

#9930 1 year ago

It allows full plunge.

#9931 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Was it right at the start of the game before plunge or is it possible you got it from the pops as an award and didnt notice?

I have an LE so the ball is barely in the pops. It was right at the start of the game and I don't think there is any pop award that qualifies TPMB.

I will play around with it some more to see if I can do it again.

Rob

#9932 1 year ago

So one thing I never liked is how ninja mb is so easy to start using the same shot as the episodes. I much rather play episodes first before NMB. I couldn’t find a setting though to start episodes first. Anyone know of an option besides making NMB harder setting?

#9933 1 year ago

Anyone know if there's a way to disable the topper motor while the game is in attract mode / not being played?

#9934 1 year ago

Nice to have a league night at home, Turtles and a 5 ball hold and killing it with the 6th.

Someone grab me a beer!

CB228ED5-6733-4F3A-A17A-DF2973FEC369 (resized).jpegCB228ED5-6733-4F3A-A17A-DF2973FEC369 (resized).jpeg
#9935 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Nice to have a league night at home, Turtles and a 5 ball hold and killing it with the 6th.
Someone grab me a beer!
[quoted image]

Lucky you got the pro!!

#9936 1 year ago

Why the pro ?

#9937 1 year ago

So he wasn’t trying to holdback 7 with the left flipper.

#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So he wasn’t trying to holdback 7 with the left flipper.

Right!! That’s what I thought right off.

Also thou on location I have tried the Premium and with this game actually like the pro. I do however need to get my three badges you can only get on a Premium or LE.

#9939 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So one thing I never liked is how ninja mb is so easy to start using the same shot as the episodes. I much rather play episodes first before NMB. I couldn’t find a setting though to start episodes first. Anyone know of an option besides making NMB harder setting?

You mean like start the episode but dont start NPMB, even though it would be your 3rd lock? There isnt anything in adjustments like that.

Personally, I like it though. That and the way TPMB starts at the right ramp make for important strategy decisions about what to shoot and when, in order to get the episode with MB stacks that you want.

#9940 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

You mean like start the episode but dont start NPMB, even though it would be your 3rd lock? There isnt anything in adjustments like that.
Personally, I like it though. That and the way TPMB starts at the right ramp make for important strategy decisions about what to shoot and when, in order to get the episode with MB stacks that you want.

Or have to press the action button when you want it to start!

#9941 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Totally agree. I always know I'm having a good game if I don't start Pizza MB until I'm on my third episode. For TPMB, it's so infuriating when the ramp is blinking but it's *also* the second shot you need to start episode, but that's part of the challenge I love.

#9942 1 year ago

Just love this game. 100’s of games in and getting shots now dialed in. Hope soon too,go from 40-50 million point games to 100 million. Definitely going to take a different strategy.

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have an LE so the ball is barely in the pops. It was right at the start of the game and I don't think there is any pop award that qualifies TPMB.
I will play around with it some more to see if I can do it again.
Rob

There is definitely a pop award to qualify TPMB

#9944 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Totally agree. I always know I'm having a good game if I don't start Pizza MB until I'm on my third episode. For TPMB, it's so infuriating when the ramp is blinking but it's *also* the second shot you need to start episode, but that's part of the challenge I love.

But how are you doing three episodes before pizza mb? In my game when I shoot that episode shot instead of starting it, the game gives me locks so I’m always going into pizza mb before I can even do an episode.

#9945 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

But how are you doing three episodes before pizza mb? In my game when I shoot that episode shot instead of starting it, the game gives me locks so I’m always going into pizza mb before I can even do an episode.

I think you have have a point. During an episode it does not lock but you might be right starting you third would be the MB. I think

#9946 1 year ago

If you’ve qualified your 3rd (or any) episode and only locked 2 balls then the 3rd lock shot will start both the episode and the mb with 1 shot

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

That 3X NPMB should be pretty valuable as is, especially with 2X pf going as well. The biggest issue with Raph is how the 3X PF and 3X episodes combine to make Episodes worth 9x. But a 6x NPMB as Mikey certainly isn't something I'm gonna say no to.
I think the other thing that really complicates matters is that persistent perks and having to earn perks have completely different impacts on what might be considered balanced. I don't think there is a good way to really find a balance between both settings. Personally Id rather have balance when it comes to having to earn your levels and perks than to balance based on persistent perks.

When I was talking about up to 6x it was specifically to the April hu. I'm not sure raising npmb would be a good idea. Maybe by 1. Even then you could get like 33 mil grande's . I was thinking more like they should up the up the hu's. All except for raphs krang. Especially Donnie's foot123. Hell, you could raise that to 10x and raph still might be stronger. I'd probably nerf raph too by lowering the episode multiplier by 1.
But since the IC wasn't likely taken into account (or probably not too seriously at the time), when they chose what perks went to who it probably made sense at the time. I wonder if Dwight would be tempted to re-arange some of the perks to level it all out now. Even then I bet he would have to tweek the multiplier values to level them all out a bit.
I was armchair designing/coding the other day too about other character perks that could level it all out. For instance what if Mikey had 1 less target to hit on April (first hit would count as 2 for instance) or Leo the same with Lair, and Don had less ramps to qualify TPMB after the first one. But that sounds like a lot of coding I know they wouldn't do at this point. Changing the multiplier values seems like the easiest fix to me.

#9948 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It allows full plunge.

Is that for the Pro only?

#9949 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I believe so as the Prem goes around the top.

#9950 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

It should be all models. Best way to get Donatello skill shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.