(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 240.
#9851 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Left outlane drain.

specifically when it bounces off the mid post on the double inlane.

#9852 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Left outlane drain.

On purpose, since this is an unusual stellar A-symmetrical design to the right, so left outlane will punish bad shots draining there from a right centric layout. If we didn’t have that, this game would be a very long player.

#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pinside false 100 is an owners con game. Always ranking according to what they own instead of the merits of the game. TMNT and Mando are two of my favorite and anyone else that truly tries them out. But the old timers puppy guard their relic properties quite intensely and do everything they can to put down new games. Hard for the old timers to give recognition to the 21st century tech, while stuck in the last century of low tech, scarcely coded games, meant to play for 15 minutes, not home ownership, lol.

Ive owned my TMNT since August 2020 so I think I can say I know the game quite well. And I feel that 45th overall is more than fair for this game. After a quick glance of the games listed ahead of it I feel there a definitely games worse than it: Alien, Mando, GNR, Ghostbusters, Hobbit, to name a few. But the thing is, favourite machines are entirely subjective and the ratings are ultimately meaningless. Thats why I appreciate it when people provide proper reviews with descriptions of how they feel about the game and why, rather than arbitrary numbers by which to rate a games "quality." I dont think there is some broad conspiracy to under-rate TMNT and I certainly don't feel that other people "just don't understand it" or anything like that. The game simply doesn't have a lot of depth to it and I feel it could be vastly better than it is with some balancing of objectives and scoring. To say people are looking to "put down new games" or are used to "scarcely coded games" doesn't really capture why TMNT has the reputation it has.

#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Getting “borged” on John Borg machine automatically puts that machine at a lower place than getting borged on a non-Borg machine.

Um.. what? Borg has some truly great layouts, he definitely has a tendency to rehash previous ideas but he's also done like 10000 games. Metallica is a masterpiece and I get Borged all the Borging time!!! Borg's layout on TMNT is really good, my only complaints are the non-adjustable left outlane and Id appreciate a slower upper flipper feed. Personally I have never heard anyone really complain about this game's layout.

Quoted from PinSpinner:

I still stand behind my opinion that most satisfied turtles owners have not 1. Ranked their machines at all or 2. Ranked them and not updated those rankings with game code improvements. I would also argue that the reverse is true for JP and Godzilla.

I would argue that the game code improvements on TMNT have been very subtle. Though the game has generally gotten better over time. What drastic improvements do you feel have happened since launch? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm legitimately curious what stands out to you.

#9855 1 year ago

Ahh, drastic would be a word I’ve never used to describe code changes. I would agree that those changes are, indeed, subtle.

Nor do I think Borg has bad layouts. Only that, of the many designers out there, he seems to be the only one whose name is used in a negative way. We don’t get “Lawlored” or “Elwined” or “Ritchied”. All of this is getting in the weeds, though. All I mean by all of this is that Borg’s reputation in this *one way* seems to have adversely affected many a perception of Turtles on the whole. When it came out, people saw the double outlanes and Borg’s name and thought thoughts. That’s all. Maybe Turtles does deserve its rating. I dunno. It just seems to me that more people call this game a “better than the ratings would show” and yet it still has the rating it has. Either those people haven’t rated it or there is a very vocal minority out there who think that this game is better than the ratings wou,d show.

None of this was meant to generate controversy. It was said only to try to rationalize what is obviously a concept that has no rationale; subjective observations about a game.

#9856 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive owned my TMNT since August 2020 so I think I can say I know the game quite well. And I feel that 45th overall is more than fair for this game. After a quick glance of the games listed ahead of it I feel there a definitely games worse than it: Alien, Mando, GNR, Ghostbusters, Hobbit, to name a few. But the thing is, favourite machines are entirely subjective and the ratings are ultimately meaningless. Thats why I appreciate it when people provide proper reviews with descriptions of how they feel about the game and why, rather than arbitrary numbers by which to rate a games "quality." I dont think there is some broad conspiracy to under-rate TMNT and I certainly don't feel that other people "just don't understand it" or anything like that. The game simply doesn't have a lot of depth to it and I feel it could be vastly better than it is with some balancing of objectives and scoring. To say people are looking to "put down new games" or are used to "scarcely coded games" doesn't really capture why TMNT has the reputation it has.

Would I like Dwight Xaqery to fix the things you suggest and make it even better? A resounding yes! You have some great ideas! But come on, 45th? Honestly that is a travesty for a game that has almost everything going for it and I’ve owned it from the beginning as well. Yes, there is more of a manipulation than you’re willing to acknowledge. I could sight all kinds of examples on the false 100 of heavy manipulation. Think you’re missing the point of a lack of understanding of an a-symmetrical design not being widely understood by the community. And yes, there is a huge tendency to put down new games and keep old relic games up in the false 100. Huge effort there you can’t deny. How many morons gave TMNT a 1.0 to keep it down because they hate Stern and want to keep their beloved old machines high in the ratings?

Elwin is untouchable so his games stay up in the false 100, but even he has had them slamming AIQ unfairly to keep the old relics of the past up in the top spots. Come on 2052 ratings on MM??? That’s not heavy manipulation??? The way pinside sets up their rating system begs for people to do this. Bring out MM as a modern no name, non-IP game with no nostalgia attached and see where they rank it. Yes, it would be way down the charts, just like AFM or MB would be. George Gomez the designer of MB is stunned it’s ranked so high and so is Brian Eddie the designer of both MM and AFM. He’s designed 2 games arguably even better in the modern era at Stern and they both have been panned by pinside. Brian could do no wrong while at B/W, but since he’s been at Stern, he can’t do much of anything right and has “lost the magic” he once had according the the pinside crowd. Again heavy manipulation going on here.

Great effort has gone into puppy guarding favorite old relics from the past by the owners of those games and fond memories from players of 30 years ago, playing with their buddies. TMNT is the most popular game in almost any arcade it resides. Just ask the operators. Way more attention than AFM, MM and MB or most any of the other 44 games ranked above it. So yes, TMNT has been unfairly pounded down to 45th by those people, in the large Stern hater crowd found here. Our view or desire for more code is not a factor.

#9857 1 year ago

I think many like myself played this game, found it frustratingly hard(that damn left outlane) and rated it meh. I can say I was an LE owner at launch. It was my 3rd pin and I was not “good” at pinball yet. The game is beautiful, the layout is awesome, and I got super frustrated playing the game. Plus the middle ramp was not registering my shots many times(im guessing the shot is too fast for the opto?).

Anyways I got super frustrated and sold the game quick. Took a decent loss.

Now its years later. I own a bunch of games and Id like to own tmnt le again. I want to see how I fare now that I am “decent” at pinball. Just waiting for a well priced premium/le in my area at some point.

#9858 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I think many like myself played this game, found it frustratingly hard(that damn left outlane) and rated it meh. I can say I was an LE owner at launch. It was my 3rd pin and I was not “good” at pinball yet. The game is beautiful, the layout is awesome, and I got super frustrated playing the game. Plus the middle ramp was not registering my shots many times(im guessing the shot is too fast for the opto?).
Now its years later. I own a bunch of games and Id like to own tmnt le again. I want to see how I fare now that I am “decent” at pinball. Just waiting for a well priced premium/le in my area at some point.

And have you updated your rating on Pinside to account for this change of heart? Your current rating sits at 8.436. Is that a reflection of this new love or the old “not good at pinball yet” mentality?. I would be interested to know.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would I like Dwight Xaqery to fix the things you suggest and make it even better? A resounding yes! You have some great ideas! But come on, 45th? Honestly that is a travesty for a game that has almost everything going for it and I’ve owned it from the beginning as well. Yes, there is more of a manipulation than you’re willing to acknowledge. I could sight all kinds of examples on the false 100 of heavy manipulation. Think you’re missing the point of a lack of understanding of an a-symmetrical design not being widely understood by the community. And yes, there is a huge tendency to put down new games and keep old relic games up in the false 100. Huge effort there you can’t deny. How many morons gave TMNT a 1.0 to keep it down because they hate Stern and want to keep their beloved old machines high in the ratings?
Elwin is untouchable so his games stay up in the false 100, but even he has had them slamming AIQ unfairly to keep the old relics of the past up in the top spots. Come on 2052 ratings on MM??? That’s not heavy manipulation??? The way pinside sets up their rating system begs for people to do this. Bring out MM as a modern no name, non-IP game with no nostalgia attached and see where they rank it. Yes, it would be way down the charts, just like AFM or MB would be. George Gomez the designer of MB is stunned it’s ranked so high and so is Brian Eddie the designer of both MM and AFM. He’s designed 2 games arguably even better in the modern era at Stern and they both have been panned by pinside. Brian could do no wrong while at B/W, but since he’s been at Stern, he can’t do much of anything right and has “lost the magic” he once had according the the pinside crowd. Again heavy manipulation going on here.
Great effort has gone into puppy guarding favorite old relics from the past by the owners of those games and fond memories from players of 30 years ago, playing with their buddies. TMNT is the most popular game in almost any arcade it resides. Just ask the operators. Way more attention than AFM, MM and MB or most any of the other 44 games ranked above it. So yes, TMNT has been unfairly pounded down to 45th by those people, in the large Stern hater crowd found here. Our view or desire for more code is not a factor.

Yeah, I never understood why these games have been rated so highly. Sure, they are great fun. But, they are the shallowest rule sets of any of the top 100. Shoot one ramp 3 times and then something happens. Shoot a loop three times and then another thing happens. And all of Eddy’s B/W games are exactly like this. There really is no imagination in those games. I don’t personally think the designer “lost the magic“. I don’t think there was ever magic there to begin with. I think the reason that those games are so highly rated has more to do with the callouts and the theme than with the rules and the gameplay. But, that is just me. With all fairness to Brian, if you watch the YouTube video on how the Mandalorian was made, it is very clear that he and his team don’t know much about the IP. They mispronounce names and don’t seem to know much about the universe from which they are designing. Clearly a travesty of probably one of the greatest television show properties in the streaming era.

Maybe Stern’s Insider Connect leaderboards will show us a different side to things once that program is fully implemented. Maybe the operators who have this installed will have the popularity these machines truly inhabit shown to the world through what Gary calls “the future of pinball”. Who knows. Insider Connect has already made parts of Pinside obsolete. It may very well continue to do so with the ratings (at least as far as modern Stern’s are concerned). Actions speak louder than words. Certainly the Pinside ratings system is more about words than actual popularity. There is no “number of games played” ranking system here, only opinions from a relatively few number of people.

I bought my Turtles NIB at mid 2022 pricing. Does this mean my rating will reflect the much higher price I paid for a new machine what a used one goes for? Will I hype it on the ratings ladder to boost my return? Will someone who wants to buy one for less keep their rating low so they get a deal? My ratings are as honest as any owners can be which is to say that everyone’s bias, no matter how it is concealed, will always be a factor in how they rate something. However, the only reason I gripe about the 45th slot that Turtles occupies is that so many people who say it is bad seem to have only played it once or twice or are just repeating the “I got borged” party line. Those who say it is good always seem to be saying that it is a much better game than the rating it has would suggest. If Turtles we’re, say, 25th, I think that those who hate the game would still hate it but those who love the game would no longer be complaining of its “sleeper” status. They would be saying it was fairly rated. In the immortal words of Taylor Swift, “Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Players gonna play, play, play, play, play, play.”

Now, please excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap.

#9859 1 year ago

that's now a long time you're fighting against the top 100 (mainly because pins are not classified as YOU would like to see them)
i understand & agree some of your points, and disagree with some others
you wanna explain us that or its all black, or its all white... but what about in between ?
in fact i remember how much you were upset (including some of your fans) when i posted about Munsters, and saying it is a good pin, but not more than that... while you were saying its a top 10 for sure (some of your fans were even saying top 3 if i'm not wrong)

now, what's the point with TMNT being 45th ?
you love it ? than forget all the rest & enjoy, things are simple...

PS : i still have to learn (and get home) TMNT, but for the few i know, i think its a good pin & i will surelly enjoy it

#9860 1 year ago

I love my turtles. Can't ever see it leaving. Enjoy it more than my AIQ. But, I couldn't care less where it's rated. I (and my wife) enjoy it, that's all that matters to us.

#9861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

And have you updated your rating on Pinside to account for this change of heart? Your current rating sits at 8.436. Is that a reflection of this new love or the old “not good at pinball yet” mentality?. I would be interested to know.

Isnt an 8.4 a pretty good rating? I dont do ratings much even on games Ive owned. I think ive only really rated a handful. Ive played it on location just a few times since and I think that rating is probably about right or maybe a bit high. If I do re-aquire the game I guess I can re-review it. I never said I had new love for the game, but if I re acquire it I could see myself falling in love I guess. Time/market will tell!

#9862 1 year ago

Since Im sitting at my kids softball tournament between games and bored Im adding ratings to other games Ive owned. I have tmnt rated over Ehoh, Avengers, GnR so I think my rating is more than fair. If I come
To own it again Ill go back and update.

#9863 1 year ago

I think I’ll unhijack this thread and post a ratings thread in the forum. Back to turtle mania!

#9864 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I think I’ll unhijack this thread and post a ratings thread in the forum. Back to turtle mania!

I wouldn't say hijacked, this forum would otherwise be quiet until the next code update.

Quoted from mbrave77:

Isnt an 8.4 a pretty good rating? I dont do ratings much even on games Ive owned. I think ive only really rated a handful. Ive played it on location just a few times since and I think that rating is probably about right or maybe a bit high. If I do re-aquire the game I guess I can re-review it. I never said I had new love for the game, but if I re acquire it I could see myself falling in love I guess. Time/market will tell!

It seems fair to me. Especially since so many people hate it because it's too hard (or whatever). But that's their opinion and it's an open review system. My gripe with the reviews are that it seems so many people put little thought into objectively rating the games. People will give a near perfect score without taking other games into account--probably because they think a game should be higher than others and not because of what they really think of it. Like, how do you give Iron Maiden perfect toys and gimmicks and other theme integration categories. So what is pinbot, taf, or afm. Or even GZ?!? IM has better theme integration than GZ? Really? Common Elwin fan boys, even you can't argue that. (Uh oh, what did I do ).
Everyone is going to score a game higher or lower based on how they think the game is currently ranked it seems. It's flawed. But it's rotten tomatoes, it shouldn't be taken too seriously I guess.

Quoted from shaub:

I agree with you that it's in good company around top 50. I don't agree with the rankings, but I've never heard anyone say they agre with it...ever. And I agree that people *should* put a bit more objective thought into their review.
I disagree that tmnt has shallow rules though. But maybe people should talk about 'width' of rules as much as depth (although I'm heading into dick joke area, I'll try to avoid that). I mean, look at the npmb, is there any more complicated mb out there taking the different choices into account? I mean, even how to choose the ingredients is complicated.
And what about the tumb perks? It's pretty involved set of rules that changes how you play the game every time. It's amazing! So many games out, including many in the top 20 are very linear compared to tmnt. Many are very 'stack the mode with the mb'. Just because there might be another couple shots to get to the jackpot, or a secret multiplier, doesn't mean it's that much better of a game. They're fun still, don't get me wrong, I just would like more theme integration of the rules and many games don't have close to the level that tmnt does. ...in that respect.
Plus all of tmnt's other play options are all part of the code and all add more playability. Not many other sterns come close in that respect either.

Quoted from mbrave77:

I hear ya, I reluctantly de-borged the left outlane and I'm not sure if I'll ever go back. For home use it's a must. With the new code updates I think Dwight has made it easier to get EB's to counter it. Which I think is a bit of a cop out but I get that it's tough, you can't change the physical game after it's produced. I agree with shaub and others that they definitely should've had an adjustable post. The only thing I can think of is that it would've affected the ball coming out of the lair. (...maybe they could've just has a hole and supplied an optional post).
If you weren't crazy about how it played before, I'd suggest trying out a pro. You can just see the ball coming way easier. (Sorry guys, I'm 'team pro'. ...for gameplay reasons). Ball times are just higher too because of the launch feed. And I personally love that you can control if the ball goes to the pops or to the left orbit (mostly for ingredients choices). Also there's just less stuff in the way and you can see the ball easier when it's in the mid playfield and coming around the orbits. And you can fill out the pro with some great mods with the money you saved. Obviously my opinion, the prem's have lots of different benefits.

#9865 1 year ago

Many good points ”dudes”, enjoyed reading your comments, Cowabunga!

#9866 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that's now a long time you're fighting against the top 100 (mainly because pins are not classified as YOU would like to see them)
i understand & agree some of your points, and disagree with some others
you wanna explain us that or its all black, or its all white... but what about in between ?
in fact i remember how much you were upset (including some of your fans) when i posted about Munsters, and saying it is a good pin, but not more than that... while you were saying its a top 10 for sure (some of your fans were even saying top 3 if i'm not wrong)
now, what's the point with TMNT being 45th ?
you love it ? than forget all the rest & enjoy, things are simple...
PS : i still have to learn (and get home) TMNT, but for the few i know, i think its a good pin & i will surelly enjoy it

I remember the discussion on Munsters cause I was one that agreed with thunder bird but I want get back into all that n like u said if u enjoy turtles that’s all that matters. I love tmnt it’s fast brutal beautiful and will get your blood pressure up. Oh but I keep coming back n that to me is a great pin when you just have to have one more shot at it. Oh and live on all u MUNSTER LOVERS. lol

#9867 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hi friends. I'm thinking of buying a pro version of tmnt, but I'm a bit unsure because each person talks to me differently about this machine..... some people tell me that it is very fast and difficult other people that it is easy...some tell me that it has a very short code and that it scores very low.....not sure who to listen to. I have doubts between buying this machine or a deadpool ..... what do you think? Cheers

I own both and they are equally great for different reasons. TMNT is an adrenaline rush and a challenging fast paced game. Deadpool has hilarious callouts and great music - just fun. I think you can’t go wrong with either game. Also the Zombie Yeti artwork for both is killer. Good luck!

#9868 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I agree with you that it's in good company around top 50. I don't agree with the rankings, but I've never heard anyone say they agre with it...ever. And I agree that people *should* put a bit more objective thought into their review.
I disagree that tmnt has shallow rules though. But maybe people should talk about 'width' of rules as much as depth (although I'm heading into dick joke area, I'll try to avoid that). I mean, look at the npmb, is there any more complicated mb out there taking the different choices into account? I mean, even how to choose the ingredients is complicated.
And what about the tumb perks? It's pretty involved set of rules that changes how you play the game every time. It's amazing! So many games out, including many in the top 20 are very linear compared to tmnt. Many are very 'stack the mode with the mb'. Just because there might be another couple shots to get to the jackpot, or a secret multiplier, doesn't mean it's that much better of a game. They're fun still, don't get me wrong, I just would like more theme integration of the rules and many games don't have close to the level that tmnt does. ...in that respect.
Plus all of tmnt's other play options are all part of the code and all add more playability. Not many other sterns come close in that respect either.

You make some good points, I definitely don't give enough weight to the Team Up perks and how good that aspect of the rules is (but only when I Want a body is fixed, I hate that bug so much! Its one of my favourite episodes/perks and I actively avoid it right now), NPMB toppings are cool too but I still kinda feel they just have too much randomness to them. So they do make the MB itself a bit different every time but mostly it doesnt feel like an active choice or strategy. That could just be due to my play style and prioritizing other things.

Overall I feel like Im alot tougher on TMNT than many other games, but I think it comes down to feeling like the game is so close to reaching a whole other level and I really want this machine to be as great as it can be. For one, I really love the layout (and while getting Borged pisses me off, so does "traditional" draining, plus Im always happy to find myself using my anti-"getting Borged" training on TMNT to save a ball on any of his other machines.

#9869 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

You make some good points, I definitely don't give enough weight to the Team Up perks and how good that aspect of the rules is (but only when I Want a body is fixed, I hate that bug so much! Its one of my favourite episodes/perks and I actively avoid it right now), NPMB toppings are cool too but I still kinda feel they just have too much randomness to them. So they do make the MB itself a bit different every time but mostly it doesnt feel like an active choice or strategy. That could just be due to my play style and prioritizing other things.
Overall I feel like Im alot tougher on TMNT than many other games, but I think it comes down to feeling like the game is so close to reaching a whole other level and I really want this machine to be as great as it can be. For one, I really love the layout (and while getting Borged pisses me off, so does "traditional" draining, plus Im always happy to find myself using my anti-"getting Borged" training on TMNT to save a ball on any of his other machines.

The lair shots are driving me nuts lately. I changed back to standard black (pinball life) and originally thought it made it easier than silicone but now I'm second guessing my opinion. I might try something else later. I want to try some titans low bounce but they weren't at expo and (as I'm sure you know) it's expensive to get them sent to Canada.
It's not even hitting it that bugs me that much, it's the rejects when you do. Both popping back out or getting stuck under the flipper. Which is great fun to knock in if you have a 2nd ball, but just disappointing in one ball play. But I keep telling myself that it'll make me a better player...which it probably will.
And yes! Let's hope that 'rescue any' big gets fixed. I'm pretty convinced that Corey can do it though as he said he originally programmed it and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already fixed but they're just waiting for a larger package of fixes and tweaks. I think they were just excited to get that tpmb fix out to us since otherwise Stern likes to do bulk updates it seems.

#9870 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

The lair shots are driving me nuts lately. I changed back to standard black (pinball life) and originally thought it made it easier than silicone but now I'm second guessing my opinion. I might try something else later. I want to try some titans low bounce but they weren't at expo and (as I'm sure you know) it's expensive to get them sent to Canada.
It's not even hitting it that bugs me that much, it's the rejects when you do. Both popping back out or getting stuck under the flipper. Which is great fun to knock in if you have a 2nd ball, but just disappointing in one ball play. But I keep telling myself that it'll make me a better player...which it probably will.
And yes! Let's hope that 'rescue any' big gets fixed. I'm pretty convinced that Corey can do it though as he said he originally programmed it and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already fixed but they're just waiting for a larger package of fixes and tweaks. I think they were just excited to get that tpmb fix out to us since otherwise Stern likes to do bulk updates it seems.

I can only consistently backhand the lair shot. From the right flipper I can get the accuracy but it always bounces out. I heard once of someone removing something to stop that bouncing out but I can’t remember what part near the lair it was, does anyone else know?

In terms of rules for TMNT, I recently got a DP and AIQ, the ability to easily select your quest/mode on those games gives you so many more ways to play the game and I think it’s more fun being more in control of your game path.

Id love if the select mode on TMNT was changed to being able to select it with flippers while the ball is locked.

#9871 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Id love if the select mode on TMNT was changed to being able to select it with flippers while the ball is locked.

This is a good idea to have flippers able to select modes. Would give more control and allow different pathways. I know you can hit X targets, but that is a tough way to do selecting, with SDTM danger.

#9872 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I can only consistently backhand the lair shot. From the right flipper I can get the accuracy but it always bounces out. I heard once of someone removing something to stop that bouncing out but I can’t remember what part near the lair it was, does anyone else know?
In terms of rules for TMNT, I recently got a DP and AIQ, the ability to easily select your quest/mode on those games gives you so many more ways to play the game and I think it’s more fun being more in control of your game path.

Do you mean a strait backhand? Or a rolling backhand? I use to have more luck with a rolling backhand but it's been harder lately too. It's easier with a slow roll, but that's hard to create from a cradle.
I've thought about a felt piece or something but I hate physically changing the game. It took me ages to de-borg.
I'm fine with tmnt having to select from the ramp targets. Not that dp and aiq aren't fun, (I even think dp is a better game than tmnt :0 ), it's just on tmnt there's already a different way and already has more play stoppage elsewhere.
It's fun to dream about different code--I'm guess there's not any rule changes left though, and definitely nothing that would complicate the code and possibly create other bugs. Maybe some more score balancing left. And if anything is actually 'broken' it's the training perks thanks to the IC.
...and also, reguarding the epp choosing, tmnt has to leave some fun for other games.
Thanks for the reply on the lair shot. You've inspired me to attempt other ways to hit it. I usually do a rolling backhand but now I'm wondering if I can do a sharp backhand and bounce it off the back of the upper flipper.

Edit:
Nope, no luck on the quick strait forward backhand. Not even with dropping the upper flipper when it hits it. I'm sure I've tried this before, it's just been so long that I forgot.

#9873 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

can anyone send a pic of the glider with particular focus on the rod underneath that connects it to servo? mine seems too long and causing it to bow out when glider tries to stage balls on left wireform causing the balls to go past. all other glider stops working fine. advice highly appreciated. have a fresh servo in and also calibrated many times. thanks

Did you use the original servo arm? if not its likely the hole you used isnt correc

#9874 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Part of what I like about that shot, is how dropping the upper flipper at the right time smacks it into the LAIR lane. I actually added a 2nd flipper return spring a long time ago to give it twice the "oompf" on the flipper return.

Quoted from System-J:

When I get the ball trapped under the flipper, I have pretty good success with really quick/soft flipper button presses to raise the flipper but drop it as quick as possible to kind of tap it backwards into the LAIR Lane. My ability to do this might also be due to my double return spring.

#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Part of what I like about that shot, is how dropping the upper flipper at the right time smacks it into the LAIR lane. I actually added a 2nd flipper return spring a long time ago to give it twice the "oompf" on the flipper return.

When I get the ball trapped under the flipper, I have pretty good success with really quick/soft flipper button presses to raise the flipper but drop it as quick as possible to kind of tap it backwards into the LAIR Lane. My ability to do this might also be due to my double return spring.

I like the second spring idea. It has been caught there many times in the past, and I have never been able to reverse tap it into the lair.

#9876 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDamage:

¡Pues no me quejo! Conseguí comprar un Premium de segunda mano a muy buen precio. Tal vez si tuviera una calificación más alta (y más justa) habría tenido un precio más alto y no estaría disfrutando de la propiedad. Egoístamente, todo lo que una calificación más alta podría hacer por mí es aumentar la demanda y el valor potencial de mi máquina, pero eso supone que estoy interesado en moverla, y en este momento tengo que decir que no tengo intención de hacerlo. Los únicos perdedores reales de la calificación baja en lo que a mí respecta son aquellos que aún no han descubierto cuán realmente bueno es este juego jajaja

Quoted from Cyb3rPunk:

Tengo ambos y son igualmente geniales por diferentes razones. TMNT es un subidón de adrenalina y un desafiante juego de ritmo rápido. Deadpool tiene llamadas divertidas y buena música, simplemente diversión. Creo que no puedes equivocarte con ninguno de los dos juegos. También la obra de arte Zombie Yeti para ambos es increíble. ¡Buena suerte!

I think tmnt will be a good complement to my AIQ. Avengers seems like one more stop and go game to me... and if you tell me that tmnt is pure speed and adrenaline they will combine well and together.

#9877 1 year ago

Well I did it. I learned how to paint and did a thing. Feels good to personalize my favorite pin. My wife picked out the paint. I still have to do the back legs and the T molding

A3056302-AA9F-4EFE-9C10-4AB480E6D11E (resized).jpegA3056302-AA9F-4EFE-9C10-4AB480E6D11E (resized).jpeg

#9878 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Well I did it. I learned how to paint and did a thing. Feels good to personalize my favorite pin. My wife picked out the paint. I still have to do the back legs and the T molding
[quoted image]

Nice! This looks professional. Is it powder coated?

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Nice! This looks professional. Is it powder coated?

No, I sanded down all the powder coat. Primed, spray painted. Took me a while to get right.

#9880 1 year ago

Spent a few weeks finding the right figures and touching them up, all the turtles and shredder line up with their inserts. The only problem is now I can't stop and want to add more

IMG_1041 (resized).jpegIMG_1041 (resized).jpeg
#9881 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

Spent a few weeks finding the right figures and touching them up, all the turtles and shredder line up with their inserts. The only problem is now I can't stop and want to add more
[quoted image]

The NECA TMNT line from the past couple of years closely matches the ZY artwork in the game. Not recommended if you’re looking to save any money, but I’ve had fun fitting them in where they make sense. When done right, you’d think the game shipped with them - my favorite is the Krang Android.

CFFCC768-FC42-4D9F-BA53-575DABC622CC (resized).jpegCFFCC768-FC42-4D9F-BA53-575DABC622CC (resized).jpegD1BE0A72-DB2E-4272-8EF5-CAB65738B2C9 (resized).jpegD1BE0A72-DB2E-4272-8EF5-CAB65738B2C9 (resized).jpeg
#9882 1 year ago

once you see it....

e5459798992ddbe6cb0491f414cb1f59613968f5 (resized).jpge5459798992ddbe6cb0491f414cb1f59613968f5 (resized).jpg
#9883 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

[quoted image]

We’re do u get them n what size are they. N how did you attach them they look great. I’ve got mine modded real nice and have been wanting to add figures. Thanks

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Do you mean a strait backhand? Or a rolling backhand? I use to have more luck with a rolling backhand but it's been harder lately too. It's easier with a slow roll, but that's hard to create from a cradle.
I've thought about a felt piece or something but I hate physically changing the game. It took me ages to de-borg.
I'm fine with tmnt having to select from the ramp targets. Not that dp and aiq aren't fun, (I even think dp is a better game than tmnt :0 ), it's just on tmnt there's already a different way and already has more play stoppage elsewhere.
It's fun to dream about different code--I'm guess there's not any rule changes left though, and definitely nothing that would complicate the code and possibly create other bugs. Maybe some more score balancing left. And if anything is actually 'broken' it's the training perks thanks to the IC.
...and also, reguarding the epp choosing, tmnt has to leave some fun for other games.
Thanks for the reply on the lair shot. You've inspired me to attempt other ways to hit it. I usually do a rolling backhand but now I'm wondering if I can do a sharp backhand and bounce it off the back of the upper flipper.
Edit:
Nope, no luck on the quick strait forward backhand. Not even with dropping the upper flipper when it hits it. I'm sure I've tried this before, it's just been so long that I forgot.

I don’t know what the correct term is but I mean from a trap on the left, quick, micro flip and continue to hold the flipper up to get the ball to roll up a bit and then backhand it

#9885 1 year ago

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 9.36.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 9.36.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 9.37.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 9.37.04 AM (resized).png

Edit: the original toys are WAY off model these day - tbf they were way off model in 1989, but they're the ones we grew up with, and that counts for quite a bit.

#9886 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.
[quoted image][quoted image]

quote != edit

#9887 1 year ago

Tmnt pure adrenaline

08068D04-7DE9-4AC3-86DF-3CE6FFC351C8 (resized).jpeg08068D04-7DE9-4AC3-86DF-3CE6FFC351C8 (resized).jpeg
#9888 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

We’re do u get them n what size are they. N how did you attach them they look great. I’ve got mine modded real nice and have been wanting to add figures. Thanks

Thanks. The ones I got are from the 2003 series and released by Playmates in 2008. They look more like the original comics. Found them on ebay. When doing all the research it looks like Viacom changed the colors and shades of the turtles multiple times. The ones with weapons come in two-packs with other characters. Theyre about 2" tall. Some versions are neon green, some are dark green, some have colored bands and some don't. Shredder is from BST AXN and is about 5" tall and can be found new.

Leo & Mike are attached with hot glue. Donatello, Raph, and Shredder are attached with steel wire around a screw/nut. Weapons are super-glued.

There are BST AXN figures that look exactly like the ones in the game but they are too tall, and the NECA figures look more like the 1987 cartoon but are even taller.

#9889 1 year ago
IMG_1008 (resized).jpegIMG_1008 (resized).jpegIMG_1010 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_1010 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_1033 (resized).jpegIMG_1033 (resized).jpegIMG_1038 (resized).jpegIMG_1038 (resized).jpeg
#9890 1 year ago

I was looking at shooter lane protectors for this game and there's one listed for pro and one for premium/LE. Are the shooter lanes different?

#9891 1 year ago

Is it normal for the blue flasher on the left sling to always be on dimly, or do I have a short somewhere? It lights up bright during the game but it's always on from the game boot up.

20221102_125843 (resized).jpg20221102_125843 (resized).jpg
#9892 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is it normal for the blue flasher on the left sling to always be on dimly, or do I have a short somewhere? It lights up bright during the game but it's always on from the game boot up.
[quoted image]

Definitely not on always. Sometimes it looks like there is a light shining through it but it's the couple lights further below by the bumpers.

#9893 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Definitely not on always. Sometimes it looks like there is a light shining through it but it's the couple lights further below by the bumpers.

It's definitely on just tiny bit. It's noticeable when everything is dark. Seems like voltage leaking somewhere. Anyone know how to diagnose the issue?

20221102_171710.jpg20221102_171710.jpg
#9894 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's definitely on just tiny bit. It's noticeable when everything is dark. Seems like voltage leaking somewhere. Anyone know how to diagnose the issue?
[quoted image]

Follow that plug and swap it with the one from the right sling maybe that way you can see if it's the flasher board?

#9895 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Follow that plug and swap it with the one from the right sling maybe that way you can see if it's the flasher board?

Isn't the flasher board just the led and the leads? I don't think any voltage should be going there anyways so I think it has to be something upstream, but I'm not really sure how it works.

#9896 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Isn't the flasher board just the led and the leads? I don't think any voltage should be going there anyways so I think it has to be something upstream, but I'm not really sure how it works.

Yeah but there may be a resistor or something on that board and maybe it's going bad all you have to do is literally swap the plugs if possible, it's easy to do, SO if you're not sure how it works it's an easy thing to try.... you'll see if lamp board is messed up or the lamp driver. Good luck

#9897 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

Most likely a node board issue. I had dimly lit lights always on. Pizza light, Cowabunga light and purchased a new node board and problems gone now.

#9898 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don’t know what the correct term is but I mean from a trap on the left, quick, micro flip and continue to hold the flipper up to get the ball to roll up a bit and then backhand it

I believe it's called a 'rolling backhand'. It seems like the safest shot but I'm just having troubles with it with my current setup. Lots of rejects. It's easier if it's a slow roll off the micro flip,--it's just tricky to do consistently. Like 1 in 20 right now it seems. I'll get it eventually.

#9899 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I believe it's called a 'rolling backhand'. It seems like the safest shot but I'm just having troubles with it with my current setup. Lots of rejects. It's easier if it's a slow roll off the micro flip,--it's just tricky to do consistently. Like 1 in 20 right now it seems. I'll get it eventually.

I think I often call that move a "back-flip" but that term probably makes more sense for the move that you do to get the ball rolling from a full trap. So "back-flip" the ball up the inlane a bit so it gets the speed to travel about halfway up the flipper and then use a "rolling backhand" to shoot the LAIR Lane. When I do a "back-flip," it's basically done like a very early post pass with a full flip rather than a micro flip.

I have a difficult time post passing from left to right on TMNT, I kind of have to "back-flip" it a bit to get some speed and do a sort of rolling post past to get it to pop over properly, so I'm very used to "back-flipping."

#9900 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Turtles selection cover they would like to sell or an STL file…. Hoping someone has an extra or willing to sell theirs…

4AE13584-78D4-4D13-88B9-4E069B233424 (resized).jpeg4AE13584-78D4-4D13-88B9-4E069B233424 (resized).jpeg99BBDAE2-D8CF-4CC0-A014-10877B804608 (resized).jpeg99BBDAE2-D8CF-4CC0-A014-10877B804608 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/198?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.