(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 241.
#9751 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. replaced my servo but still some weird behavior. when glider goes from left to right it works fine but when it goes right to left it doesnt go as far and not back to center. seems like a mechanical issue. i am working with Pablo at Stern support because its just beyond me now and super frustrating. are people’s Prem/LE gliders working consistently? for ball staging at end of modes etc? seems so unreliable right now.

My glider is a little pokey when stopping the ball on the left wireform after mode completion/skill shot etc. Sometimes it stops the ball and sometimes it's not fast enough to catch the ball, so the ball gets through and play continues without the intended brief pause in action.

Edit: I should also say that I do like the ability to move the glider to feed either the left or the right flipper at will depending on the next shot I want to make. I would miss it if it were removed.

#9752 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

i have owned a Pro and now an Le. I love the van and the Krang addition and also the right shooter lane ramp. However, at least for me the glider has been hugely frustrating and for this reason alone I would recommend the Pro (would love to hear from Prem/LE owners with no glider issues or who solved it!). Hoping that will be me someday soon

This glider was definitely a concern of mine. Will be curious to hear other owners experiences with it

#9753 1 year ago

I just replaced my sevro with a high quality one ,swapped the wires and have had no other issues,love have the ability to change direction!

#9754 1 year ago

Mine doesn’t catch the ball in time sometimes. I think it’s just because the ball is going so fast.

#9755 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just replaced my sevro with a high quality one ,swapped the wires and have had no other issues,love have the ability to change direction!

Which servo did you end up getting?

#9756 1 year ago

Did the vinyl wrap on mine as well. Happy with how it turned out.

4D93CF38-B14E-4B5B-AD02-CFA40FB5E1D9 (resized).jpeg4D93CF38-B14E-4B5B-AD02-CFA40FB5E1D9 (resized).jpeg51944A4E-59DA-4ED0-AFF9-665C37FF18AE (resized).jpeg51944A4E-59DA-4ED0-AFF9-665C37FF18AE (resized).jpeg6D689925-23B9-4A22-8F6C-3737D6E89FF0 (resized).jpeg6D689925-23B9-4A22-8F6C-3737D6E89FF0 (resized).jpeg
#9757 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

Mine doesn’t catch the ball in time sometimes. I think it’s just because the ball is going so fast.

my son got to final battle and beat phase 1 where ball gets staged on left wireform by the glider and the flippers die. well the glider failed to stop the ball as it should have and with the flippers dead for the scene clip, he drained and lost final battle. we were really pissed as it was brand new servo. Ive only had the LE for two weeks and glider been really annoying. Hoping Pablo has a fix for me that improves its reliability.

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those some sort of leg protectors on your pins?

Also that wrap looks awesome. Might have to do a green for mine.

#9759 1 year ago

Servo blew on mine and am also having to do a swap.

Also, Reflex Mods mouser and pipe mods are must have. BEAUTIFUL.

662928C3-A663-4749-885F-AE260CBA5163 (resized).jpeg662928C3-A663-4749-885F-AE260CBA5163 (resized).jpeg
#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Servo blew on mine and am also having to do a swap.
Also, Reflex Mods mouser and pipe mods are must have. BEAUTIFUL.[quoted image]

It blocks the April hurry up insert? If so no good!

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

It blocks the April hurry up insert? If so no good!

No, doesn’t block it at all.

#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that looks great. Might be a good winter putter to go wrap a couple games!

What make model vinyl is that?
I need to do some searching on the topic

#9763 1 year ago

I didn't realise just how overpowered Raphael is with Stern Insider Connected enabled, I normally play with saved Turtle Levels disabled (in competition mode) but I've been doing a bunch of testing to (excessively) breakdown some scoring but also to answer some practical questions about the rules, like how Raphs Level 3 and 4 perks interact.

Anyways, I decided to play a game with Raphael (starting at Level 4) and, frankly, things got out of hand. To be fair, I played a pretty solid game of TMNT regardless, I beat 7 of 8 Episodes and got to Final Battle but my Team Up MB was weak and I don't think I did much with any of my 4 main multiballs, so my score could have potentially been a lot higher just a with a few 3x pf Mondo and Super Jackppots.

Because I was at Level 4 from the start all scores were 30% higher, every episode was worth 3x it's normal value, and my pf x was 3x instead of 2x, plus each one of my completed episodes boosted the value of episode shots by 25k (before all of the multiplier stuff). The typical base value of the first episode shot is 100k and goes up from there, so with all of that stuff added on top the first shot of my episode was worth: 100k +30% x 3X PF x 3x Episodes Raph Perk = 1.17m points for 1st shot. That's for an episode played before completing any episodes: 1 completed episode would have made it 1.46m, 2 episodes would be 1.57m, 3 episodes would be 2.05m, etc.

Many of the episodes don't have too many shots you can hit before lighting the Turtle Shots, but Pizza-o-meter can have between 3 and 6 shots: 3 shots would be 6.5m, 6 shots would be 14.1m and that is before the Completion Bonus with a base value of 1m that (with all of the above boosts) ends up being worth 11.7m.

If played without previously completing any episodes, each episode could be worth the following:
-Window Shopping you can keep shooting shots during the timer, shots to the same orbit build a shot x: 5 shots to the same orbit seems reasonable: 22.5m for shots, 11.7m completion bonus)
-Mousers has 6 shots to hit (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-I Want a Body has potentially 5 (7m shots + 11.7m completion)
-See You On The Other Side has 6 shots+ (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-Welcome To The Concrete Jungle, both targets and 2 shots in phase 1 and up to 6 shots in phase 2: 6 shots avg (8.8m shots, 11.7m completion)
-Super Fly has 3 shots (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) (6.5m for shots, completion bonus (base value of 2.5m) is a Hurry up that starts at 29.25m)
-Wrath of Krang has 3 shots to complete (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) and "Krang Missed" shots worth 25k (say you hit 3) (14.5m + completion bonus (1.5m base value) of 17.5m)

Obviously this is just what is possible and none of this scoring is guaranteed. But with Insider Connected installed and Level 4 saved, I can't see any other Turtle even coming close to this kind of scoring opportunity. I'm not sure how overpowered this ends up being when you have to earn the Training Levels, but it certainly would be worth going for. It seems kind of odd that 3x PF AND 3x episodes are perks for the same Turtle, but what do I know.

TL;DR Raphaels Level 3 and 4 perk combined can blow up the value of episodes. The end.

#9764 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

TL;DR Raphaels Level 3 and 4 perk combined can blow up the value of episodes. The end.

Maybe since episode scores were increased, Raph level 4 perk should be dropped to 2x episode scoring instead of 3x? I never get that far anyhow lol.

Rob

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I didn't realise just how overpowered Raphael is with Stern Insider Connected enabled, I normally play with saved Turtle Levels disabled (in competition mode) but I've been doing a bunch of testing to (excessively) breakdown some scoring but also to answer some practical questions about the rules, like how Raphs Level 3 and 4 perks interact.
Anyways, I decided to play a game with Raphael (starting at Level 4) and, frankly, things got out of hand. To be fair, I played a pretty solid game of TMNT regardless, I beat 7 of 8 Episodes and got to Final Battle but my Team Up MB was weak and I don't think I did much with any of my 4 main multiballs, so my score could have potentially been a lot higher just a with a few 3x pf Mondo and Super Jackppots.
Because I was at Level 4 from the start all scores were 30% higher, every episode was worth 3x it's normal value, and my pf x was 3x instead of 2x, plus each one of my completed episodes boosted the value of episode shots by 25k (before all of the multiplier stuff). The typical base value of the first episode shot is 100k and goes up from there, so with all of that stuff added on top the first shot of my episode was worth: 100k +30% x 3X PF x 3x Episodes Raph Perk = 1.17m points for 1st shot. That's for an episode played before completing any episodes: 1 completed episode would have made it 1.46m, 2 episodes would be 1.57m, 3 episodes would be 2.05m, etc.
Many of the episodes don't have too many shots you can hit before lighting the Turtle Shots, but Pizza-o-meter can have between 3 and 6 shots: 3 shots would be 6.5m, 6 shots would be 14.1m and that is before the Completion Bonus with a base value of 1m that (with all of the above boosts) ends up being worth 11.7m.
If played without previously completing any episodes, each episode could be worth the following:
-Window Shopping you can keep shooting shots during the timer, shots to the same orbit build a shot x: 5 shots to the same orbit seems reasonable: 22.5m for shots, 11.7m completion bonus)
-Mousers has 6 shots to hit (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-I Want a Body has potentially 5 (7m shots + 11.7m completion)
-See You On The Other Side has 6 shots+ (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-Welcome To The Concrete Jungle, both targets and 2 shots in phase 1 and up to 6 shots in phase 2: 6 shots avg (8.8m shots, 11.7m completion)
-Super Fly has 3 shots (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) (6.5m for shots, completion bonus (base value of 2.5m) is a Hurry up that starts at 29.25m)
-Wrath of Krang has 3 shots to complete (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) and "Krang Missed" shots worth 25k (say you hit 3) (14.5m + completion bonus (1.5m base value) of 17.5m)
Obviously this is just what is possible and none of this scoring is guaranteed. But with Insider Connected installed and Level 4 saved, I can't see any other Turtle even coming close to this kind of scoring opportunity. I'm not sure how overpowered this ends up being when you have to earn the Training Levels, but it certainly would be worth going for. It seems kind of odd that 3x PF AND 3x episodes are perks for the same Turtle, but what do I know.

Great job on the research!

#9766 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe since episode scores were increased, Raph level 4 perk should be dropped to 2x episode scoring instead of 3x? I never get that far anyhow lol.

Rob

Its a much bigger "problem" with Insider Connected because those perks start lit. But really, I feel like the 3x episodes is just excessive and maybe Raph should have something in its place. Maybe make Level 4 = "playfield X becomes 3X" and make Level 3 something like 1 ramp to Light Episodes or Center Ramp also lit to light "Start Episode". Then, in a non-Insider Connected game, the 3x PF, which is one of the better perks would be made a bit tougher but he'd still get something at Level 3.

#9767 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Man that looks great. Might be a good winter putter to go wrap a couple games!
What make model vinyl is that?
I need to do some searching on the topic

Great if you can do it,I tried and failed after an hour on the lock bar alone.i am going powder now.

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

my son got to final battle and beat phase 1 where ball gets staged on left wireform by the glider and the flippers die. well the glider failed to stop the ball as it should have and with the flippers dead for the scene clip, he drained and lost final battle. we were really pissed as it was brand new servo. Ive only had the LE for two weeks and glider been really annoying. Hoping Pablo has a fix for me that improves its reliability.

Yea that servo doesn't move fast enough to catch the ball if its really moving. That has happened to me before also, its a bummer

#9769 1 year ago

Any suggestions for settings that woild allow my kids progress farther (while still keeping the game at three balls)?

#9770 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Any suggestions for settings that woild allow my kids progress farther (while still keeping the game at three balls)?

Not 100% sure on turtles but on Godzilla there is a setting to only need 1 ramp to qualify mode start. There may be something similar on TMNT. Maybe mode qualify difficulty?

Also you can save separate settings to a USB stick, I have a 5 ball game setup for when I play with family and then a 3 ball normal settings group setup for myself. Its fairly easy to swap back and forth. The only gotcha is that if you want to keep high scores you need to save off the current settings before you load the other ones.

#9771 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Rubber bands across the outlane posts

#9772 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Turning up the timing for ball saves. I know there is one for the lair, but not sure for other qualifiers.

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

you have tried the different settings in the menu -> util -> installs?
if does increase balls you can just reduce them again, but keep the rest of the seetings.

#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Each episode has easy, medium, hard as options in the game settings. Set those all on easy.

Also, make extra balls and replays (which you’ll turn into extra balls) very generous. I think there’s like five or six extra ball/replay settings - off the top of my head there’s:
- Number of pizza slices for EB can be set lower
- Qualify EB after starting “two” episodes
-Extra game/replay award at I think 10 or 15 mil points is the lowest point value you can set
- Then, set “replay awards extra ball”
- Special awards: “Extra ball” instead of points or replay
- there’s a setting for maximum extra balls allowed. Turn that off
- I think there’s a setting to make the pops award a Special more often. Not sure.
- there’s probably more that I’m not remembering

In a VERY good game, I can usually earn about four or five extra balls.

This does mean you won’t see the “Replay” technodrome animation anymore (accompanied by your knocker if you have one). Not a huge loss, but something to consider.

As others suggested, definitely crank up multiball, lair, episode and mode ball save timers to max.

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Try the next adjustment to 180 and think that will be the ticket to calming your shaker motor, if 90 degree is still too much.

How are you adjusting the shaker? All the allen wrenches that I have that fit in the hole aren't strong enough to turn it at all. Or am I doing it wrong? Already looks like they're a little offset. But it sure makes a rattle when it goes off. Looking to tone it down a bit.
20221021_130445 (resized).jpg20221021_130445 (resized).jpg20221021_130505 (resized).jpg20221021_130505 (resized).jpg

Found a torch screw that fit. It broke.

20221021_135847 (resized).jpg20221021_135847 (resized).jpg
#9776 1 year ago

Try to get a bigger set of Allen wrenches that are longer so you can get better leverage.

#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

How are you adjusting the shaker? All the allen wrenches that I have that fit in the hole aren't strong enough to turn it at all. Or am I doing it wrong? Already looks like they're a little offset. But it sure makes a rattle when it goes off. Looking to tone it down a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Found a torch screw that fit. It broke. [quoted image]

Is that a torx bit?

#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Is that a torx bit?

I don't know really anything about bits. It's whatever one I found in my random screw driver kits that fit and was snug. Might have to go shopping for a different allen wrench set.

Does anybody know the size of one I'm needing exactly?

#9779 1 year ago

You need to put some heat on that set screw,it has lock on it.

#9780 1 year ago

Team need some advice on shooter lane auto-launch on my LE. When game starts or I auto-launch from ball start it launches up the shooter lane right ramp fine. But during game play including MBs and especially when re-loading into the van, the balls don't make it all the way up the shooter lane ramp. I have increased auto-launch power to max and same issue. Seems almost like there is less power to the launch coil when the game is going. Any advice? Including PinMonk in case his holiness has any advice as he's always super helpful!
Thanks!

#9781 1 year ago

This happens occasionally on my pro. Usually it’ll eject the ball with normal power but sometimes it’ll barely clear the shooter lane.

#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Team need some advice on shooter lane auto-launch on my LE. When game starts or I auto-launch from ball start it launches up the shooter lane right ramp fine. But during game play including MBs and especially when re-loading into the van, the balls don't make it all the way up the shooter lane ramp. I have increased auto-launch power to max and same issue. Seems almost like there is less power to the launch coil when the game is going. Any advice? Including PinMonk in case his holiness has any advice as he's always super helpful!
Thanks!

This may just be magnetized balls. Any time this starts happening to me, I switch out my balls with new ones and the problem is solved.

#9783 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

the balls don't make it all the way up the shooter lane ramp.

It could be an alignment issue. Try taking a slow mo video with your phone, if the ball is bouncing off the walls or isn't struck squarely there's your problem

#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from classybum:

It could be an alignment issue. Try taking a slow mo video with your phone, if the ball is bouncing off the walls or isn't struck squarely there's your problem

thanks all. these are bran new Titan standards so shouldnt be magnetized. also works fine in test menu and when launching from start so doesnt seem like alignment. just super weak during gameplay. I remeber at an arcade a year or two ago there was an LE with 4 balls jiggling in the shooter lane. thanks all will check these suggestions too

#9785 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Quoted from plasticbugs:

Each episode has easy, medium, hard as options in the game settings. Set those all on easy.
Also, make extra balls and replays (which you’ll turn into extra balls) very generous. I think there’s like five or six extra ball/replay settings - off the top of my head there’s:
- Number of pizza slices for EB can be set lower
- Qualify EB after starting “two” episodes
-Extra game/replay award at I think 10 or 15 mil points is the lowest point value you can set
- Then, set “replay awards extra ball”
- Special awards: “Extra ball” instead of points or replay
- there’s a setting for maximum extra balls allowed. Turn that off
- I think there’s a setting to make the pops award a Special more often. Not sure.
- there’s probably more that I’m not remembering
In a VERY good game, I can usually earn about four or five extra balls.
This does mean you won’t see the “Replay” technodrome animation anymore (accompanied by your knocker if you have one). Not a huge loss, but something to consider.
As others suggested, definitely crank up multiball, lair, episode and mode ball save timers to max.

Yeah, all these, plus I'd add:

- set the game under 6.5 degrees. (Can make some shots different though; maybe some shots might be harder. My lair shot was easier to backhand just over 6.5 degrees for some reason.)
-Add lair ball save
-De-borg the left outlane (with another, thicker, rubber ring under the existing one, or, more popular way is to add a siamese post).
-lower the slings and flipper power (although both can be a tricky balance, you'll have to play with it).

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Found a torch screw that fit. It broke. [quoted image]

Quoted from qbass187:

Is that a torx bit?

Yeah, that's a torx bit. You need an allen key (or hex) bit.
I remember mine was really tough to and thought my allen key was going to break, but it gave way eventually. Make sure it's imperial and not metric and as tight as possible.

Quoted from rockrand:

You need to put some heat on that set screw,it has lock on it.

Yeah, I thought mine has some of the blue (temporary) threadlocker on it. I did it without heating it up, but this is a good idea.

You might be able to clamp some vice grips down on the top of the set screw to help assist the turning if the above doesn’t work Baxter. It'll wreck the top of the set screw but shouldn't matter for putting it back in. I'd put the allen key in first in case it crushes it. Worse case you have to go get a new set screw .

#9786 1 year ago

Stern virtual tour at expo showed the final run of TMNT on the line. Maybe I'll finally get my replacement PF I've been waiting on for nearly 2 years...

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Stern virtual tour at expo showed the final run of TMNT on the line. Maybe I'll finally get my replacement PF I've been waiting on for nearly 2 years...

They also mentioned they are moving pf printing in house. Not immediately though. Something about moving to a larger facility or expanding thier existing first.

#9788 1 year ago

Actively reading through all of the highlights but figured I’d ask.

Anything I must buy, or know with the Premium version?

I’ll be installing the blades, shaker, topper, shooter and pinwoofer kit.

Curious if there’s anything else big or small that might make this game more fun.

I feel like I want to hate it but I know I’m going to love it.

#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

thanks all. these are bran new Titan standards so shouldnt be magnetized. also works fine in test menu and when launching from start so doesnt seem like alignment. just super weak during gameplay. I remeber at an arcade a year or two ago there was an LE with 4 balls jiggling in the shooter lane. thanks all will check these suggestions too

We had that same issue. Upping the auto shooter power only makes the issue worse. Try lowering the power to see if that works.

We ended up putting a bigger coil in the shooter. That fixed it.

#9790 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We had that same issue. Upping the auto shooter power only makes the issue worse. Try lowering the power to see if that works.
We ended up putting a bigger coil in the shooter. That fixed it.

thanks very much will give it a try at lower power. No issues with a higher power coil drawing power? could you share which coil #? thanks!

#9791 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

I had a TMNT Pro that I traded towards a JP Premium, which I later sold. I miss TMNT, which kind of has that fun B/W pinball theme and feel. I don't miss JP Premium at all. It's a long slog that's very "samey" each game. Movie code is an absolute must if you go that route.

#9792 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had a TMNT Pro that I traded towards a JP Premium, which I later sold. I miss TMNT, which kind of has that fun B/W pinball theme and feel. I don't miss JP Premium at all. It's a long slog that's very "samey" each game. Movie code is an absolute must if you go that route.

I like that comparison, it's kinda like a B/W ruleset with Stern Flippers. I little bit of code polish and score/gameplay balancing and this game could really shine. I don't know that it will ever overcome the reputation that has been established but I think there is room for that reputation to improve for sure. Now that Cory has conquered the Turtle Power reset issue, hopefully the game will be featured in more high profile tournaments. Though I'm worried about the impact that Neutrino Pizza Party would have on the overall meta, I wonder if there are any adjustments relating to it. It would be nice to be able to set the # of Training Modes required to light it because it can be super valuable for something relatively easy and early to get to. A cool change would be to make it light after one completion, but make it more valuable if you complete two or three before starting it. Even something like making it a 30 second timer with no reset for 1 Training Mode completion, 60 seconds with no reset for 2 and then the current 30 seconds with time added for 3 completions.

#9793 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Actively reading through all of the highlights but figured I’d ask.
Anything I must buy, or know with the Premium version?
I’ll be installing the blades, shaker, topper, shooter and pinwoofer kit.
Curious if there’s anything else big or small that might make this game more fun.

Probably need to buy a new servo motor for the diverter mech. Lot’s of issues with that still it seems.

#9794 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I have a pro and love it.

#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

thanks very much will give it a try at lower power. No issues with a higher power coil drawing power? could you share which coil #? thanks!

We have done the coil upgrade on 2 machines with no issues. IMDN and TMNT.

Stern Part number 090-5023-OT/22-600 Coil. Straight replacement of the original coil.

If the coil comes with a diode, you need to cut the diode off.

Good luck!

#9796 1 year ago

So question on the premium diverter since it sounds like a problematic mech. If servo goes out, do you even need to replace it, or would it then just act like the pro stopper at that point without ability to change lanes?

#9797 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So question on the premium diverter since it sounds like a problematic mech. If servo goes out, do you even need to replace it, or would it then just act like the pro stopper at that point without ability to change lanes?

If the servo stops working, you would have to manually center the glider and turn it off in the settings. It would no longer allow switching lanes or stopping the ball for events like skill shot or episode completed.

Game would still be very playable but you’d be missing one of the primary reasons for owning the premium instead of the pro.

#9798 1 year ago

I'm glad this is the only game I own or I'd just spend all day designing mounts for toys inside of games. Here's my NECA Mouser mount, designed to look like a small puddle of ooze that the Mouser has stepped in. https://www.printables.com/model/303034-neca-mouser-ooze-mount-for-stern-tmnt-pinball-mach

The NECA Mousers come 5 or 6ish (in various states of destruction) to a box, and I'll probably only be sticking one in my machine... maaaaybe two?

I made two different "splat" shapes for variation if you want to put two into your game.

I haven't yet decided where to put mine. I just threw a mouser in there in an obvious spot for the picture. I haven't yet printed the version that puts the screw in front of the mouser. I just uploaded all the versions on Printables.com this evening. If you do end up printing one and using it, let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Of course, you'll need one or more NECA Mousers and a 3D printer.

If you don't have a 3D printer, I'm happy to print off a bunch of options for folks in whatever color you like. I have neon green and neon pink to match the ooze in the artwork.

Just message me here on Pinside and let me know what color (pink or green) and your mailing address. I'll send them free since it's really only some pennies to print and mail them. Just donate a few bucks to your favorite charity is all I ask.

IMG_8261 (resized).JPEGIMG_8261 (resized).JPEGIMG_8262 (resized).JPEGIMG_8262 (resized).JPEGIMG_8263 (resized).JPEGIMG_8263 (resized).JPEGIMG_8264 (resized).JPEGIMG_8264 (resized).JPEGIMG_8265 (resized).JPEGIMG_8265 (resized).JPEGIMG_8266 (resized).JPEGIMG_8266 (resized).JPEG

#9799 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I little bit of code polish and score/gameplay balancing and this game could really shine

Sometimes the designers/programmers just have different thoughts about balance, or what is needed compared to us. For example, many people (including myself) thought Bookworm/Freeze was far too powerful on BM66, yet Lyman did not consider it that way (I asked him). Or those cannon inserts on ACDC not doing anything, there was a rational decision for that. TMNT isn't the first or last game where something could be tweaked, but at what point is the line drawn and the business moves on? We did get some additional scoring on modes which is nice and the crash bug is finally fixed. I'm going to be happy with that.

I'll still maybe sell my LE (or not), but not because I don't like it. I just got bills to pay... My US employer doesn't pay me enough rubles....

Rob

#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

If the servo stops working, you would have to manually center the glider and turn it off in the settings. It would no longer allow switching lanes or stopping the ball for events like skill shot or episode completed.
Game would still be very playable but you’d be missing one of the primary reasons for owning the premium instead of the pro.

actually you can’t deactivate it in settings you need to unplug it from under PF (which is easy). agree game is playable without it, however when the game is supposed to stop the ball for staging it can be a problem. especially after phase one of final battle where ball is meant to be stopped and the flippers die! my son had a forced drain when out glider was down and we could not progress to phase 2. other than this its more of a nuisance.
i just replaced servo which wasnt hard and now everything works well except left wireform ball staging. seems mechanical like maybe the rod connecting servo to glider seems too long and its hard for servo to move it. going to play around with this this weekend and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/196?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.