(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 242.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

Both great games, Jurassic Park premium is better than the pro but TMNT pro is killer and the better buy over the premium.

If you can mate get both Jurassic Park premium & a TMNT pro.

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

I enjoy both turtles and jp better tha AC/DC and between tmnt and jp both fantastic and it a coin flip.

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Tough choice. I think it depends on how you play the game. JP had a deeper ruleset in that the the farther you get into the game the more things there are to do. Tmnt starts off with more things like the choice of characters and co-op mode. If someone offered me my tmnt pro plus cash for a jp prem I'd have a tough time letting tmnt go. ...but it wouldn't be an easy decision. The co-op mode is a party favorite and it's one of the main reasons I'd have a hard decision even though I only use it a few times a year.
The jp movie clip mod is epic and removes a lot of the issues I had with the lackluster animations and theme integration (I still think the original de jp has better theme integration). But I'm not sure if you can get it with IC and the new updates. Still though, the animations (if you care about them much) is less cringe worthy than the vanilla (non Scandell) April.
Both are challenging in different ways. Both are great shooters. Both are clever layouts in completely different ways. Tough to choose, again depends what you like.
Tmnt prem for looks, but tmnt pro for shooting (especially the better sightlines and top roleovers). Again, depends what you value more.
As far as 'what's the better game' if someone is to ask, I don't know. Tmnt got incredible reviews at the beginning from online v-bloggers (and is still rated higher than jp from some of these guys) but it was really early with the game. Stern's Jp is way ahead of it on pinside 100, but it depends on how much you value people who are more likely to right a review on pinside.

#9704 1 year ago

Just my 2 cents Tmnt is a really fast adrenaline junkie pin jp is super fun but a bit slower i have both cant go wrong either way

#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'd personally go with Jurassic Park, especially if going with a Premium. TMNT Pro is a worthy "downgrade" from the Premium and might even be better overall, especially with the issues the diverter servo and the turtle van have had, though Im sure Premium owners have probably figured out solutions by now. I've played a ton of games on the Pro and a decent number on a Premium and I felt like the Diverter wasn't all that necessary to the overall gameplay but was fun to use when it was actually beneficial. However I found it hard to get a sense of when I could actually use it to do something useful. It also took some getting used to realise (in the moment) that the Right Ramp is not subject to the diverter, it might have been better if it was but I'm not sure. I think Rush's diverter system is a lot more intuitive.

From a gameplay, rules and code standpoint, I think Jurassic Park is far better than TMNT, it feels a lot more balanced, polished and complete. Though I understand that for a lot of people the movie itself is not well implemented or it lacks that Jurassic Park movie feel. Personally I love the general dino-catching feel of the game and the way the rules make you feel like your in Jurassic Park or at least a decent non-licensed knock off dino park. As far as gameplay goes, there are varied objectives you can try and focus on to get to their mini-wizard modes or you can take a more balanced approach and do a little bit of everything. Modes are rewarding when completed and overall progress in the game feels consistent and natural. The things you "need" to do seem to present themselves over time, especially if you're having a good game. And nothing really feels unnecessary or pointless. My biggest criticism of the game is probably the tight right orbit shot, and the inner loop shot can be tough as well. I feel like a lot of game progress can be stalled by needing that damn "O" shot, but that DOES make it super satisfying when you do hit it.

On the otherside, TMNT feels like Ninja Turtles, the sounds and voices are great and the display stuff, while sloppy and basic in some cases, does a good job of representing the source material (Though I wish they could have put a bit more time into some of them them, especially the April stuff). The Episodes, while typically not the most creative, feel like a story, are easy to understand, and generally the game is tough enough that beating one isn't a gimme but is still do-able. The main multiballs are enjoyable as well, they feel quite similar because they both use the Jackpoto Grande and Mondo Jackpot for the real points but they are unique enough with the display, sounds, and rules differences between them. Overall, the game feels pretty good when you focus on the Episodes and Multiballs but there isn't a lot to focus on other than that, in my opinion at least. Team Up MB is a decent mini-wizard mode to aim for especially because you can stack an episode with each of your MBs leaving only 2 more episodes to play in single ball mode and it is a good stepping stone to reaching Final Battle because playing Team UP MB re-lights your 2 main MBs so you can again stack some Episodes with MB.

Challenge Modes/other gameplay modes:
If non-standard gameplay modes are your thing, both games do a pretty good job of them. With TMNT, Co-op mode is fun with friends and family, Final Battle Challenge is a nice way to easily see and appreciate the Final Battle Wizard Mode, and Half Shell Challenge is a fun little simple side mode to enjoy. Jurassic Park's Escape Nublar Challenge mode is something else entirely. To me this Wizard Mode, and it's challenge mode, feel like an entire game in and of itself. If this one mode was a machine of it's own, it would compete with a lot of machines with a "full" ruleset.

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Think the one on the left looks great! That one doesn’t get in the way of anything. Nailed the angle.

Thanks for the kind words! That's the one I kept in there (for now at least!). I'm working on a mount to put a NECA mouser in somewhere. I'll probably put the mouser in the Neutrino's spot if I find the Neutrino distracting. He's not over the outer loop lane, so he's not obstructing the view at least.

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Thanks for the kind words! That's the one I kept in there (for now at least!). I'm working on a mount to put a NECA mouser in somewhere. I'll probably put the mouser in the Neutrino's spot if I find the Neutrino distracting. He's not over the outer loop lane, so he's not obstructing the view at least.

It’s gotta feel right. Here’s my oversized addition to turtles….
810158BB-9F77-401A-96A1-28D12082CBF1 (resized).jpeg810158BB-9F77-401A-96A1-28D12082CBF1 (resized).jpeg

I am of course referring to the large Shredder in the top right corner.

#9708 1 year ago

So does this mean that in addition to asking if the machine was in a smoke free home, we should also ask if the machine has been exposed to cat pee? Take this as coming from a dog person, but cat on the playfield, ew.

Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

#9709 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

Nice (shredder, not the cat)! I opted for the NECA Krang android at the back of my game. Honestly, it's the one mod I've made that I would be convinced came from the factory because it fits so well. The Neutrino, not so much. But I think one or two tastefully placed Mousers would be nice especially since they're so small and more iconic than the Neutrinos.

krang (resized).jpegkrang (resized).jpeg
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Nice (shredder, not the cat)! I opted for the NECA Krang android at the back of my game. Honestly, it's the one mod I've made that I would be convinced came from the factory because it fits so well. The Neutrino, not so much. But I think one or two tastefully placed Mousers would be nice especially since they're so small and more iconic than the Neutrinos.[quoted image]

I really like this addition. Thinking of doing this myself. Does the toy come apart like that or did you cut his bottom half off?

#9711 1 year ago

Damn, love me a great review!

Quoted from shaub:

I'd personally go with Jurassic Park, especially if going with a Premium. TMNT Pro is a worthy "downgrade" from the Premium and might even be better overall, especially with the issues the diverter servo and the turtle van have had, though Im sure Premium owners have probably figured out solutions by now. I've played a ton of games on the Pro and a decent number on a Premium and I felt like the Diverter wasn't all that necessary to the overall gameplay but was fun to use when it was actually beneficial. However I found it hard to get a sense of when I could actually use it to do something useful. It also took some getting used to realise (in the moment) that the Right Ramp is not subject to the diverter, it might have been better if it was but I'm not sure. I think Rush's diverter system is a lot more intuitive.
From a gameplay, rules and code standpoint, I think Jurassic Park is far better than TMNT, it feels a lot more balanced, polished and complete. Though I understand that for a lot of people the movie itself is not well implemented or it lacks that Jurassic Park movie feel. Personally I love the general dino-catching feel of the game and the way the rules make you feel like your in Jurassic Park or at least a decent non-licensed knock off dino park. As far as gameplay goes, there are varied objectives you can try and focus on to get to their mini-wizard modes or you can take a more balanced approach and do a little bit of everything. Modes are rewarding when completed and overall progress in the game feels consistent and natural. The things you "need" to do seem to present themselves over time, especially if you're having a good game. And nothing really feels unnecessary or pointless. My biggest criticism of the game is probably the tight right orbit shot, and the inner loop shot can be tough as well. I feel like a lot of game progress can be stalled by needing that damn "O" shot, but that DOES make it super satisfying when you do hit it.
On the otherside, TMNT feels like Ninja Turtles, the sounds and voices are great and the display stuff, while sloppy and basic in some cases, does a good job of representing the source material (Though I wish they could have put a bit more time into some of them them, especially the April stuff). The Episodes, while typically not the most creative, feel like a story, are easy to understand, and generally the game is tough enough that beating one isn't a gimme but is still do-able. The main multiballs are enjoyable as well, they feel quite similar because they both use the Jackpoto Grande and Mondo Jackpot for the real points but they are unique enough with the display, sounds, and rules differences between them. Overall, the game feels pretty good when you focus on the Episodes and Multiballs but there isn't a lot to focus on other than that, in my opinion at least. Team Up MB is a decent mini-wizard mode to aim for especially because you can stack an episode with each of your MBs leaving only 2 more episodes to play in single ball mode and it is a good stepping stone to reaching Final Battle because playing Team UP MB re-lights your 2 main MBs so you can again stack some Episodes with MB.
Challenge Modes/other gameplay modes:
If non-standard gameplay modes are your thing, both games do a pretty good job of them. With TMNT, Co-op mode is fun with friends and family, Final Battle Challenge is a nice way to easily see and appreciate the Final Battle Wizard Mode, and Half Shell Challenge is a fun little simple side mode to enjoy. Jurassic Park's Escape Nublar Challenge mode is something else entirely. To me this Wizard Mode, and it's challenge mode, feel like an entire game in and of itself. If this one mode was a machine of it's own, it would compete with a lot of machines with a "full" ruleset.

#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

So does this mean that in addition to asking if the machine was in a smoke free home, we should also ask if the machine has been exposed to cat pee? Take this as coming from a dog person, but cat on the playfield, ew.

All good, dog people are pinball people too.

#9713 1 year ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I really like this addition. Thinking of doing this myself. Does the toy come apart like that or did you cut his bottom half off?

Yes! He comes apart at the waist so it works perfectly for this use. This was not my original idea btw. Another very creative person in this thread did this and then I designed and 3D printed his belt mount so he’s not sitting up there beltless and without some kind of restraint. He’s screwed down to the plastic at the back of the game and is secured in the belt mount by little nubs in the belt that match the indents on his upper body.

Here’s the link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4795931

If you do decide to do this and don’t have a 3D printer, I’m happy to print a yellow belt for you and send it off free of charge.

#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have both. Borg is my favourite designer so I’m a bit biased towards him. And JP3 is most definitely my favourite Elwin.

Tmnt shoots nicer. Jp has the slight edge for theme integration, the dinosaur noises are all awesome. Call outs are slightly better in tmnt. Both codes are great. You can’t lose with either.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

Tuna on that pizza disc of yours?

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Tuna on that pizza disc of yours?

It wasn’t there. Both cats loved peeking through the hole. That poor boy passed away 3 weeks ago. But the only photo I had of shredder was with Oscar. He was a brilliant cat. Cowabunga.

#9717 1 year ago

Sorry to hear that

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It wasn’t there. Both cats loved peeking through the hole. That poor boy passed away 3 weeks ago. But the only photo I had of shredder was with Oscar. He was a brilliant cat. Cowabunga.

Yes sorry to hear of Oscar!i love cats and dogs.

#9719 1 year ago

I've had my TMNT premium for a few months now and figured it was time to finally upgrade it with an IC kit. Wow what a PITA this was to install. The videos online show the process and simple and straight forward-- and I'm sure it would've been easy if the hanger screw didn't strip out completely :/. Whoever was at the factory that day must've used an improperly spec'd air gun and also cross threaded it because I ended up having to drill it out and use a screw extractor to get it free. The other one came out but was SUPER tight, did anyone else experience this when trying to install the IC kit? Also I was running v1.53 and after I did install the QR Scanner, Micro SD card, and Wi-Fi adapter the system would not recognize the Micro SD card. So I powered off, and tried to power back on but then NOTHING worked!!! The test lights on the Main CPU Node board in the backbox had lights blinking but no playfield/cabinet lights were to be seen. I ended up just taking out the Wi-Fi adapter, and Micro SD card then tried to boot the game. Thankfully it came back on but I still didn't have IC working. So, again, another power cycle and reinstalling Wi-Fi/SD and the game immediately booted to "New SD Card... formatting". Then FINALLY I was able to connect to my home Wi-Fi, set up IC, and actually start getting some achievements. I also updated to v1.54 using the IC and that worked too. All in all, it wouldn't have been too bad if I didn't spend all that time trying to extract that one screw! For anyone who might also run into this problem it seems these front hanger screws are "Machine Screw M5-0.8 x 10mm" but I could only find x16mm at my local hardware store. I ended up just using the original stripped screw because it was the right size and the threading did not get damaged even with my drilling. Also for reference, I used #2 of this Screw Extractor set to free the screw. Just full send in reverse and it eventually catches the stripped screw and pulls it out.

Hanger Stripped Screw (resized).jpgHanger Stripped Screw (resized).jpgNew Micro SD (resized).jpgNew Micro SD (resized).jpgOther Screw (resized).jpgOther Screw (resized).jpgScrew Set (resized).jpgScrew Set (resized).jpgUpdate Complete (resized).jpgUpdate Complete (resized).jpg
#9720 1 year ago

Grandson playing in his Halloween costume. He is only 2 but he loves playing. Well let’s just say he loves beating the crap of the flipper buttons.

B825F87F-64DE-45A8-BA5F-3D8DFA867744 (resized).jpegB825F87F-64DE-45A8-BA5F-3D8DFA867744 (resized).jpeg
#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Grandson playing in his Halloween costume. He is only 2 but he loves playing. Well let’s just say he loves beating the crap of the flipper buttons.
[quoted image]

That’s great

#9722 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

glad it is resolved! and did you have to reverse direction of servo like other mentioned or it is fine to just plug and play?

When I purchased the HS-645MG servo as recommended in the pinned posts, I requested a counter-clockwise (reversed) rotation. So this time, my issue was only related to how far out I had attached the metal wire on my servo arm.

#9723 1 year ago

I am considering picking up a Pro after seeing the latest code updates.
The 2nd market price on this game is terrible though, just seems a good idea to buy used on this one it seems.

#9724 1 year ago

I decided today that TMNT pro is never leaving my collection. It won't sell for enough for me to consider.... That being said, I am trying my hand at custom painting the trim myself. Go big or go home. I'll post photos either way when I am finished in the next week or so. Wish me luck.

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The 2nd market price on this game is terrible though, just seems a good idea to buy used on this one it seems.

Some people define a 'terrible' price if they can't sell it for 110% of what they paid for it (new or used). The only reason mine hasn't sold is that I can't ship at the moment. I had several more than fair offers though.

Rob

#9726 1 year ago

Best value in pinball?

#9727 1 year ago

I had a break from playing my Pro for a month or so. Gave it a good blast over the weekend, it really is a great game once you get it flowing. I think you have to be in the right mood to play it. If you have a game where you miss your shots, its a drain monster and pretty frustrating

#9728 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I had a break from playing my Pro for a month or so. Gave it a good blast over the weekend, it really is a great game once you get it flowing. I think you have to be in the right mood to play it. If you have a game where you miss your shots, its a drain monster and pretty frustrating

I think you described pinball in general lol

Quoted from Rob_G:

Some people define a 'terrible' price if they can't sell it for 110% of what they paid for it (new or used). The only reason mine hasn't sold is that I can't ship at the moment. I had several more than fair offers though.
Rob

Tempting for sure!
I like the Pro though.

#9729 1 year ago

I think you described pinball in general lol

Tempting for sure!
I like the Pro though.

For me good price is UsedCost - GamePlayed = Pinside price. Most I have picked up at a deal so minus the 1500+ family games getting my own fair price would be easy. Not wanting to ever sell TMNT is my struggle.

#9730 1 year ago

Huge shout to SYSTEM-J for making amazing apron cards for TMNT. The high res card, after throwing a few bucks for a beer, is awesome and looks great in the game. Best mod for the price, check it out.

AA8A0BA9-EC04-4537-9F40-3B6981D4D981 (resized).jpegAA8A0BA9-EC04-4537-9F40-3B6981D4D981 (resized).jpeg
#9731 1 year ago

Go for it man, it's a deal right now (as if there's really any out there anymore). It's a blast even with some score imbalance which I'm sure will be addressed in the future. There's some shots like the mondo/krang shot that is repeatable in MB that is SO satisfying (if ypu can do it, its not easy), and feels like a throwback to some great classics like whirlwind. There's a few moderate bugs left, but it sounds like Corey Stup (I think the lead programmer, but I might be mistaken) is working on them and I bet there's pressure for more fixes and an update before the 'last' production run this December.
Plus, after the production run, when people rediscover this game it'll jump in price I bet. So it should at least retain it's value (with inflation). If there's a big code update like GB had, I could see more demand and love for it later too.

Quoted from TroyS:

Huge shout to SYSTEM-J for making amazing apron cards for TMNT. The high res card, after throwing a few bucks for a beer, is awesome and looks great in the game. Best mod for the price, check it out.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the shout out. Glad you like them. With my memory these days, I still use them all the time.

#9732 1 year ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

[quoted image]

Love it. This is also one of the reasons this title will be a sought after game. Mix the TMNT license with continued code love and a fast layout, and we have the makings of something special.

#9733 1 year ago

For folks wondering if this is a game worth owning, I can say that TMNT has made me a better and more patient player.

TMNT is my first and only owned pinball machine. I played for years in arcades as a kid in the 90s but I never considered my play decent and I never really learned any game's ruleset -- honestly not even sure I realized there was a ruleset. I was a flipper with questionable reflexes and lousy ball control.

This game will eat you alive if you do not practice solid ball control - live catches, trapping the ball, passing the ball between flippers, etc. I’m now getting into cradling multiple balls and handling cradle separation (needs improvement!). I still have much to learn but have improved as a player these last two years and I would think those skills translate to other games - Covid and two small children has made it hard to get out there and play games on location.

I can now get to Team Up mini wizard mode like one out of every four games. In the first year and a half of owning TMNT I only saw Team Up once during a lucky game. So just in the last 8 months or so I’ve focused on core skills and it has paid off immeasurably. Last week I got to Final Battle for the first time and it felt huge .

TMNT is tons of fun, rewarding, plus it’s a theme I’ll never get tired of. I'm enjoying tricking my game out with some tastefully placed NECA figures and am looking forward to my kids being old enough to enjoy it and we can use the multiplayer co-op mode (another huge selling point).

#9734 1 year ago

I still love my “interactive party van” on the right ramp. I know it’s a flasher in a matchbox car, but it’s fun when the headlights flash at you.

Also the pro glider mod is well worth it and looks great. Also the NECA Krang is a nice addition even if not lit.

Also, the pinnovator subwoofer output with PSW10 sub rocks on this game.

Also, thanks so much Stern folks for fixing TPMB. It means a whole lot to this community.

Also, turning the flipper power down on my game made it more fun for me overall. Can’t backhand the right ramp but the forehand to the right ramp isn’t so blazing fast either so that’s nice.

Random post, but I was feeling the turtle love lately.

#9735 1 year ago

Hopefully, everyone here who praises the game so highly has ranked the game on the Top 100 ratings. It is (sadly) slipping in rank and now sits at a tie for 44 (which really just means 45). I am sure if everyone who loves the game and hasn’t already given it a solid rating and review would do so, the community of TMNT owners would benefit both from a jump in popularity and in future resale value. Mine gets built (hopefully) this week or next (the December run was moved up) and I, for one, will certainly be tossing my rating into the bucket after the first week on the game full time. Having played this game on location and also being a huge turtles fan from back in the day, this machine deserves a better rating than what it currently has.

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Hopefully, everyone here who praises the game so highly has ranked the game on the Top 100 ratings. It is (sadly) slipping in rank and now sits at a tie for 44 (which really just means 45). I am sure if everyone who loves the game and hasn’t already given it a solid rating and review would do so, the community of TMNT owners would benefit both from a jump in popularity and in future resale value. Mine gets built (hopefully) this week or next (the December run was moved up) and I, for one, will certainly be tossing my rating into the bucket after the first week on the game full time. Having played this game on location and also being a huge turtles fan from back in the day, this machine deserves a better rating than what it currently has.

So give it a good rating and review in order to try and boost the re-sale value? I'm all for rating and reviewing games but surely you understand that explicitly trying to influence the pinside rating system to boost a machines popularity and its value is not, and should not be, the intended use of a rating system. On the other hand, and thankfully, a higher pinside rating is not going to do anything to meaningfully make the game more popular or more valuable.

#9737 1 year ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Anyone looking to trade down from Premium to Pro? I am looking to trade up.

I have an LE I might trade for ur pro and cash. send me a PM if ur interested. thx, Ryan

#9738 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

For folks wondering if this is a game worth owning, I can say that TMNT has made me a better and more patient player.
TMNT is my first and only owned pinball machine. I played for years in arcades as a kid in the 90s but I never considered my play decent and I never really learned any game's ruleset -- honestly not even sure I realized there was a ruleset. I was a flipper with questionable reflexes and lousy ball control.
This game will eat you alive if you do not practice solid ball control - live catches, trapping the ball, passing the ball between flippers, etc. I’m now getting into cradling multiple balls and handling cradle separation (needs improvement!). I still have much to learn but have improved as a player these last two years and I would think those skills translate to other games - Covid and two small children has made it hard to get out there and play games on location.
I can now get to Team Up mini wizard mode like one out of every four games. In the first year and a half of owning TMNT I only saw Team Up once during a lucky game. So just in the last 8 months or so I’ve focused on core skills and it has paid off immeasurably. Last week I got to Final Battle for the first time and it felt huge .
TMNT is tons of fun, rewarding, plus it’s a theme I’ll never get tired of. I'm enjoying tricking my game out with some tastefully placed NECA figures and am looking forward to my kids being old enough to enjoy it and we can use the multiplayer co-op mode (another huge selling point).

Totally agree. Each session I have on this game I am consistently hitting higher score ranges as my skills improved. It's definitely a table that helps you become a better player and is a ton of fun at the same time.

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I still love my “interactive party van” on the right ramp. I know it’s a flasher in a matchbox car, but it’s fun when the headlights flash at you.
Also the pro glider mod is well worth it and looks great. Also the NECA Krang is a nice addition even if not lit.
Also, the pinnovator subwoofer output with PSW10 sub rocks on this game.
Also, thanks so much Stern folks for fixing TPMB. It means a whole lot to this community.
Also, turning the flipper power down on my game made it more fun for me overall. Can’t backhand the right ramp but the forehand to the right ramp isn’t so blazing fast either so that’s nice.
Random post, but I was feeling the turtle love lately.

Man I don't think I'd ever turn down the flippers enough to not be able to backhand the right ramp. That's like my only consistent way of hitting it. From the left I brick off the posts and drain far too often.

#9740 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Both great games, Jurassic Park premium is better than the pro but TMNT pro is killer and the better buy over the premium.
If you can mate get both Jurassic Park premium & a TMNT pro.

I have the same setup. JP prem and TMNT pro. Agreed with all the points you made.

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

I have the same setup. JP prem and TMNT pro. Agreed with all the points you made.

Got 4 pins now and you guys are killing me. I have really been wanting a JP. Question is the mission story as deep as Godzilla? You know from those that have had it a while.

#9742 1 year ago

Really struggling on this one similar to my Metallica decision(went pro and love it). Tmnt is a dream theme for me and will be a keeper. I’ve only played the pro out on location. It’s a great version just like Metallica pro is. Those that have played both pro and premium, is the premium worth the extra cost? I do prefer the premium art package, but if I save by getting a pro, I may be able to apply difference eventually to a JP premium later. Spinning disc and glider don’t matter to me, but Van lock is pretty cool. Thoughts?

#9743 1 year ago

Ok I did the Shooter Rod plate. I like the way it turned out. Going to paint the rest of the trim this weekend.

40E46D2E-122E-455B-9971-F423AC314C4F (resized).jpeg40E46D2E-122E-455B-9971-F423AC314C4F (resized).jpegD094A3B0-2A56-4900-85CB-7ED5A01853DE (resized).jpegD094A3B0-2A56-4900-85CB-7ED5A01853DE (resized).jpeg
#9744 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Really struggling on this one similar to my Metallica decision(went pro and love it). Tmnt is a dream theme for me and will be a keeper. I’ve only played the pro out on location. It’s a great version just like Metallica pro is. Those that have played both pro and premium, is the premium worth the extra cost? I do prefer the premium art package, but if I save by getting a pro, I may be able to apply difference eventually to a JP premium later. Spinning disc and glider don’t matter to me, but Van lock is pretty cool. Thoughts?

Three words: eight ball multiball.

#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

TMNT is the only Pro I own. That’s because the TMNT Pro is best dollar spent in pinball right now.

AA25494F-7BFD-4104-AB18-36D58F0B0E65 (resized).jpegAA25494F-7BFD-4104-AB18-36D58F0B0E65 (resized).jpeg
#9746 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

TMNT is the only Pro I own. That’s because the TMNT Pro is best dollar spent in pinball right now.[quoted image]

Wow! Did you build that room to fit exactly 5 pins side to side?
Jokes aside Deadpool and Rush pro's are pretty great too. Stern in general is having a really good run of games. They seem to have a good formula while still allowing their talent to explore new things.
Not saying others aren't. Actually, we can probably thank the new Pinball companies making good games for this last good run for Sterns. Competition is good.

#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Wow! Did you build that room to fit exactly 5 pins side to side?
Jokes aside Deadpool and Rush pro's are pretty great too. Stern in general is having a really good run of games. They seem to have a good formula while still allowing their talent to explore new things.
Not saying others aren't. Actually, we can probably thank the new Pinball companies making good games for this last good run for Sterns. Competition is good.

Let’s say that while everyone wlse is playing catch up, Stern-Data East-Sega-Stern is putting 50+ years of experience to work, and with talented young designers plus seasoned 90s programmers still on board.
Printing money!

#9748 1 year ago

Let’s say that while everyone wlse is playing catch up, Stern-Data East-Sega-Stern is putting 50+ years of experience to work, and with talented young designers plus seasoned 90s programmers still on board.
Printing money!

Agreed! I'm a big classic stern fan. And a few DE are still under rated. The early post-sega ownership was pretty bumpy though, product wise. Their history is quite interesting and impressive.

#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from ag83:

When I purchased the HS-645MG servo as recommended in the pinned posts, I requested a counter-clockwise (reversed) rotation. So this time, my issue was only related to how far out I had attached the metal wire on my servo arm.

Thanks. replaced my servo but still some weird behavior. when glider goes from left to right it works fine but when it goes right to left it doesnt go as far and not back to center. seems like a mechanical issue. i am working with Pablo at Stern support because its just beyond me now and super frustrating. are people’s Prem/LE gliders working consistently? for ball staging at end of modes etc? seems so unreliable right now.

#9750 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Three words: eight ball multiball.

i have owned a Pro and now an Le. I love the van and the Krang addition and also the right shooter lane ramp. However, at least for me the glider has been hugely frustrating and for this reason alone I would recommend the Pro (would love to hear from Prem/LE owners with no glider issues or who solved it!). Hoping that will be me someday soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/195 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.