(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 240.
#9201 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Hmmm no mention of a TPMB fix...

Have you replaced the SD card? We have not had a crash since we put a new card in.

#9202 1 year ago

We hadn't had a crash in months either. And we have a new sd card.

#9203 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Scandell 's April mod is my favorite and imho one of best pinball mods ever created. There's a separate thread for requesting the download link.

Wow! Thanks for that shoutout! Kind words inspire me to do more on this!

#9204 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Hey all, I just picked up a TMNT, and am having an issue with fast, hard shots to the pizza parlor causing balls to "jump" past the release post. We took slow-motion video to confirm this is what happening.
Has anyone else had this? Is it an issue with the tapered plunger they use in this game?
Any thoughts on a possible fix?
(I did search & reviewed key posts before posting this question, and didn't come up with anything covering this specific situation.)

Check my post #7759. I made an airball deflector and mounted it above the parlor lock. Works perfectly.

#9205 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Scandell 's April mod is my favorite and imho one of best pinball mods ever created. There's a separate thread for requesting the download link.

I agree. So good. If I have to pick between this an ic I'll pick the April mod every day. (Making this comparison because of the possibility of the IC blocking mods. I'd put about 3 or 6 other mods for pro over the ic imo).

Quoted from nerdkiller:

I'm thinking they will have an update ready for the next build, coming up in December...

Is this for sure? Like they announced that they are going back on the line? If so let's hope a big update is coming. It's already a top 10 game for me with the bugs.

Quoted from hiker2099:

This could have fixed it. "I hope".
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
Also, maybe the cleland or alternative code is causing it?

I doubt it's fixed in this build. If the node boards were the problem I'm sure the reset would be more random. Plus if it actually fixed it, they would have it in flame font . They must be so sick of us emailing about it. Keep it up guys, don't let them forget until it's fixed. No way should a $6-10k piece of electronics just randomly reset.

#9206 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:I went overboard. Shaping it and drilling holes for the hex post and mounting point. If I were to do it again, I would just take a small rectangle of plastic and attach it with double sided tape over the area. It would be enough to do the job.
And yes, I know the edges are ugly and chipped. I’m just a guy with a dremel. No fancy laser cutters over here. Lol.
[quoted image]

I feel like this should be marked as a key post, along with the rubber bumper solution on the last page

#9207 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Check my post #7759. I made an airball deflector and mounted it above the parlor lock. Works perfectly.

If this is a common issue and Jakers doesn’t mind me pursuing it, I can look into creating something for this area and adding it to the TPMB ramp airball deflector I’m in the process of making.

#9208 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If this is a common issue and Jakers doesn’t mind me pursuing it, I can look into creating something for this area and adding it to the TPMB ramp airball deflector I’m in the process of making.

Please do! I made a quick and dirty one myself, but would gladly pay for a nice one! (wold probably buy a spare, too.)

#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Wow! Thanks for that shoutout! Kind words inspire me to do more on this!

Second his words about your mod! Makes our TMNTs sooooo much better, replacing artwork animations that should have been done at Stern. Instead of trying to keep up with the poor April anime, Stern should just hire you to make it all top notch. They’re still making the game, because it has legs for years to come. Many people are just beginning to discover what a great shooter TMNT really is and seeking them out now.

#9210 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have it all set up on my machine with the new code 1.52 and it's awesome! Stern - give this guy a job!

#9211 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Go for it!

#9212 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyb3rPunk:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have it all set up on my machine with the new code 1.52 and it's awesome! Stern - give this guy a job!

Do you have Scandell’s TMNT April mod working on 1.52 without any issues using insider connected?

#9213 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do you have Scandell’s TMNT April mod working on 1.52 without any issues using insider connected?

No, there are some issues on my pro cabinet with the v1.52 game code (i.e., memory card validation message and some graphics errors when you launch the ball into the initial bumper area). I reinstalled my unmodded card until for now. Also, I do not have insider connect installed on this machine.

#9214 1 year ago

What's the email address to send stern a message about a code glitch?

Typically I just chime in here when I get an error that's widely known about (i.e TPMB error). However, I've twice in two days encountered an error that I haven't seen reported here.

When using home team to log myself in, and then moving myself to position 4, then using home team to select "game mode", and then selecting cooperative mode the game will then freeze. Happened once last night. And again today. Anyone else experience this?

(Yes, I'm an average player, and using coop mode to help get to final battle.)

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

What's the email address to send stern a message about a code glitch?
Typically I just chime in here when I get an error that's widely known about (i.e TPMB error). However, I've twice in two days encountered an error that I haven't seen reported here.
When using home team to log myself in, and then moving myself to position 4, then using home team to select "game mode", and then selecting cooperative mode the game will then freeze. Happened once last night. And again today. Anyone else experience this?
(Yes, I'm an average player, and using coop mode to help get to final battle.)

call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected]

#9216 1 year ago

Looks like Stern is discontinuing TMNT. Seems a little early and i can’t imagine it was a difficult license to manage like Led Zeppelin.

24C76078-628B-45FD-B02A-7D90FFFCDCBE (resized).jpeg24C76078-628B-45FD-B02A-7D90FFFCDCBE (resized).jpeg
#9217 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected]

Thanks.

Another crowd source question. Can you get the non co-op achievements in a cooperative game? My wife just finished playing a 4 player co-op game with herself. She was logged into her profile on player 4. And beat an episode she hadn't beat yet. And the achievement didn't pop. Glitch or non co-op achievements don't get awarded in a co-op game?

#9218 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Looks like Stern is discontinuing TMNT. Seems a little early and i can’t imagine it was a difficult license to manage like Led Zeppelin.
[quoted image]

Not too surprising as it is not super popular and was released right after stranger things which was also not popular at the time and recently retired too.

#9219 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

[quoted image]

Value potentially going up on our games I'm ok with that.

#9220 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

[quoted image]

Yikes, that's early. I hope this doesn't mean the death of code updates for this guy.
I'm really surprised their not waiting for the movie to come out. Just seems like a ton of free advertising. This is really bumming me out though. Who knows about an update on score balancing, but this doesn't bode well for the bugs being fixed. I feel like they would've been fixed already at this point and why would stern pay coders to fix it if they're already done getting money from it. :/ hope I'm wrong.

#9221 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Not too surprising as it is not super popular and was released right after stranger things which was also not popular at the time and recently retired too.

Unfortunate but not unexpected. Tournament players don’t like the scoring system and casual players think it’s to hard a game. But it’s got the best zombie yeti art package to date and fantastic flow. Maybe it will have a resurgence like stranger things. But maybe not as well…..

#9222 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Unfortunate but not unexpected. Tournament players don’t like the scoring system and casual players think it’s to hard a game. But it’s got the best zombie yeti art package to date and fantastic flow. Maybe it will have a resurgence like stranger things. But maybe not as well…..

Could be the next Ghostbusters. Could go down as a dud.

I don't care; I'm enjoying the shit out of my game

#9223 1 year ago

I created a home brew lighting mod using the JJP light effects (Toy Story 4) as my inspiration. I wasn’t looking for extra light as much as a light show/effect. I also made a set for my AIQ, happy to share videos of that too. Limitless effects controlled by phone give you a ton of cool effects for any game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk27aolmnqi3h48/TMNT%20Light%20Bar%20Mod.mov?dl=0

#9224 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I created a home brew lighting mod using the JJP light effects (Toy Story 4) as my inspiration. I wasn’t looking for extra light as much as a light show/effect. I also made a set for my AIQ, happy to share videos of that too. Limitless effects controlled by phone give you a ton of cool effects for any game.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk27aolmnqi3h48/TMNT%20Light%20Bar%20Mod.mov?dl=0

Yeah this is awesome. I'm interested to know more.

#9225 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Could be the next Ghostbusters. Could go down as a dud.
I don't care; I'm enjoying the shit out of my game

Does this mean I should put it next to GhostBusters in my line up?

#9226 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Yeah this is awesome. I'm interested to know more.

Fairly simple mod and it installs in 2 min, plus it’s completely removeable. Black aluminum LED light strip rails, Govee RBIC lights (black), small magnets to secure rails to metal pinball rails. Light bars are secured to game so no need to remove when working on game. TMNT is the ideal title because there is clearance along the sides all the way down. AIQ is a close second but has slight different measurements based on post locations. Note: you can adjust lights to react to sound and it looks like it’s wired to the games lights. I prefer to use what I’ve shown as it has the colors of the turtles on repeat. You can pair this with under cab lights made the same way, and synch all of them together in unison via the app.

#9227 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Does this mean I should put it next to GhostBusters in my line up?

Frankly, I think they'd look good next to each other

#9228 1 year ago

I am not competitive player so points and balance don’t weigh much for me,I just love eve about turtles

Quoted from Collin:

Frankly, I think they'd look good next to each other

Love both and am proud to own them!

#9229 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Value potentially going up on our games I'm ok with that.

Definitely cause HUO prices to go up. TMNT is a sleeper hit and will continue to have legs long after production like ST, people will learn how well it shoots and seek one out. It’s not a tough shooter like some think, after you get to know the shots. Code is outstanding too, even though the scoring is set to more old school by removing a zero or 2 from the overall numbers. Tell me a game that has such fast shots, filled with combos and flow like TMNT? TMNT is a loaded game with ball interactive mechs all over. It’s Tron 2.0 on steroids.

#9230 1 year ago

Idk if code is outstanding. I’m starting to see what all the criticism is about. Completing modes should have more weight than pizza toppings that are basically random. Don’t get me wrong, I like the game, I just think the code is the big thing holding it back.

#9231 1 year ago

Knapp is reporting conficting info on if stern is retiring tmnt:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/last-call-for-stern-pinball-s-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

Common Stern, roll up those sleeves, just re-code tpmb and fix the smaller bugs. Wait for the movie ads to do the heavy, make a last call and make some more money of what could be one of your best games ever.

#9232 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Knapp is reporting conficting info on if stern is retiring tmnt:

What's "conflicting" about that? Seems pretty clear to me that the Dec. production run (which was widely known to be the last run) is getting bumped up to September. After this run they won't be running TMNT ever again and it will be archived on their site.

#9233 1 year ago

Maybe with this last run we can get some much needed spare parts to be available. Like ramps and plastic sets and some decals.

#9234 1 year ago

Would be nice if we got one more code update, however.

#9235 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What's "conflicting" about that? Seems pretty clear to me that the Dec. production run (which was widely known to be the last run) is getting bumped up to September. After this run they won't be running TMNT ever again and it will be archived on their site.

Yeah, I misread, they were talking about that star wars *might* be retired too. Looks like tmnt is getting retired for sure this fall.

#9236 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Code could use some needed updates, however.

No doubt. I love mine but really wish they would give a good code update n put the scoreing we’re it needs to be.

#9237 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:No doubt. I love mine but really wish they would give a good code update n put the scoreing we’re it needs to be.

Where do you think it needs to be?

Rob

#9238 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Maybe with this last run we can get some much needed spare parts to be available. Like ramps and plastic sets and some decals.

I am still waiting on a replacement pf. Its been over a year now since I was ok’d for one.

#9239 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Where do you think it needs to be?
Rob

To me, it seems like pizza party multiball determines your game(with the toppings being pretty close to random). I’d like to see it balanced somewhat so the episodes and other objectives are worth completing.

1 week later
#9240 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to reset TMNT training back to level 1 for insider connected? It use to show up by holding both flippers to do a reset in the menu. But now don’t see it. Any ideas?

#9241 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone know how to reset TMNT training back to level 1 for insider connected? It use to show up by holding both flippers to do a reset in the menu. But now don’t see it. Any ideas?

I asked this a while ago, and in post #9164 I was told the following by Pinsider Thomas3184:

"You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices."

This worked for me, but it was on the last code before this final update that recently came out. I assume it works the same now.

#9242 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I asked this a while ago, and in post #9164 I was told the following by Pinsider Thomas3184:
"You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices."
This worked for me, but it was on the last code before this final update that recently came out. I assume it works the same now.

Thanks for the reply. I tried on code 1.50, 1.51 and 1.52 to bring it up while holding both flipper buttons in, but it would not show like before. Until I logged my name into IC and then held both flipper buttons in to show ‘reset turtle levels to 1”. TMNT is such an awesome game and so misunderstood on this site. It’s not a tough game to shoot as some think. In fact, once you learn the layout, its on the easier side. One of the most interesting combo fast shooting layouts ever created. Hats off to Borg and Sullivan for delivering such an awesome package!

#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT is such an awesome game and so misunderstood on this site. It’s not a tough game to shoot as some think.

Agreed. Lots of people are missing out on a great game.

#9244 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Agreed. Lots of people are missing out on a great game.

For sure. It’s like Dwight asked after being puzzled why its not a top 10 game with such great deep code. He put so much effort into TMNT for us and Scandal’s mod makes it all that much better. Sure hope Scandal does more. April mod is really so much better!

#9245 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT is such an awesome game and so misunderstood on this site

I really don't think it's "misunderstood," I just feel like the gameplay doesn't really have anything that does a great job of bringing people back for "just another game". What's there is actually pretty good for what it is (episodes and multiball, team up and final battle as wizard modes), sort of on par for the depth of a lot of the 90s Williams games imo and if the scoring was better balanced I could see it being something of a tournament favourite due to the difficulty of the layout combined with simplicity of code. Personally, I'd like some additional gameplay paths, ways to stack and build values/features and improvements to Team Up MB as well. But balancing some of the side features to make them more worthwhile could elevate this game like crazy.

#9246 1 year ago

I've got a Pro. On face value the modes all seem pretty similar, shoot the flashing inserts. Maybe I need to focus more..

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I really don't think it's "misunderstood," I just feel like the gameplay doesn't really have anything that does a great job of bringing people back for "just another game". What's there is actually pretty good for what it is (episodes and multiball, team up and final battle as wizard modes), sort of on par for the depth of a lot of the 90s Williams games imo and if the scoring was better balanced I could see it being something of a tournament favourite due to the difficulty of the layout combined with simplicity of code. Personally, I'd like some additional gameplay paths, ways to stack and build values/features and improvements to Team Up MB as well. But balancing some of the side features to make them more worthwhile could elevate this game like crazy.

You make some good points and sure I’d like a little more, but as is, its an awesome go to push start button one more time for me.

#9248 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

For sure. It’s like Dwight asked after being puzzled why its not a top 10 game with such great deep code. He put so much effort into TMNT for us and Scandal’s mod makes it all that much better. Sure hope Scandal does more. April mod is really so much better!

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Turtles but I definitely wouldn’t call the code deep. In fact one of the reasons I like it is for its simple code. If I’m too tired or not in the mood for JP or GZ level code and just want a bit of fun I play turtles.

The comparatively low scoring and balance doesn’t really bother me as I’m usually playing for final battle by myself.

I would like NPP to be more attainable, I’ve seen cowabunga more times than npp! I think having that as an extra, not too hard to get to mini wizard mode would really up the fun and satisfaction of playing the game.

As it stands there’s really only team up mb and final battle as rewards for progressing. Compare that with another simple code game like Deadpool which has Sauron, megakrakolodonus rex, clone and final wizard mode and you can see turtles is really lacking in obtainable, rewarding modes.

Hear my plea for NPP to be easier to get to!

#9249 1 year ago

I like everything all u said about the game really some great points. I’m with alot of people my biggest complaint is the scoreing bring that we’re it needs to be n it’s fine. I love mine it’s great.

#9250 1 year ago

I love the game, but am I the only one that isn't a big fan of so much dependence on the center ramp? It feels every mode needs it, and it's such a difficult shot. The points rewarded for hitting it don't feel equal to it's difficulty. Maybe it's just me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.