(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 240.
#9151 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I haven’t really noticed any airballs from the tpmb ramp. What’s causing the airballs? The posts?

seems some machines are more effected than onthers. I had a lot of airballs. Mostly from combos, orbit -> right ramp.
Or good fast shots on the right ramp. It seem the ball jumps a little up, then get's tangled up in the sign and the metal part below.
since i put a self-made protector on it, it never happens again.

#9152 1 year ago

Am I totally in the wrong here wishing you could have a few options/choices for episode selection?

#9153 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Am I totally in the wrong here wishing you could have a few options/choices for episode selection?

The two targets on either side of the left ramp cycle episodes if I recall, but I just play whatever.

#9154 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Yeah, it's selectable with the targets at the left ramp, but certainly not an easy task, especially when you hit the right target when aiming for the Van shot. I wouldn't mind an Adjustment where the flipper buttons or just the left flipper can cycle through them. That way when the balls on the right flipper, you can select the mode you want and shoot the van to start it. I would leave the current behaviour as the default though.

In a similar situation, I personally wish selecting Pizza Toppings for NPMB was more feasible, I find it incredibly difficult to light the proper toppings so that I can lock them in when I lock a ball and there are lots of accidental Pizza Target hits that mess it up. The more realistic approach appears to be locking in the toppings IF there are decent ones lit. Honestly not sure what a "better" approach would be, maybe you could hold the action button to lock your 5 pizza toppings, then unlock them if you want to cycle an "on deck one" into your 5 by hitting a pizza target. Probably more complicated than it needs to be, but I always prefer complicated and effective than simple and annoying.

#9155 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

It was actually tied to Level 3, but if he does make the decision to go back to how it was, the scoring needs to be seriously nerfed. I personally don't think it should be available at game start with Insider Connected, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to Level 3 or something to make it slightly more attainable. Hell, make it available after completing 4 of the Cowabunga criteria or something and breathe some life into those features.

The IC level memory is just half baked and kind of dumb. Essentially buying a higher score and I won't get one becauseof that. There's lots of potential with it though. It's a clever idea to save progress like in a video game. But just not this way.

As for L4, I've had some huge games (a couple over 100mil) and average around 25 mil per game overall but I still haven't got to nuetrino since the last code. ... I'm fine with it being there, I just think a neutrino lite mb should come after L3.

Re: epp selection
I'm fine with the eppisode selection as it is. It's a challenge, but if you take that away, what are those 2 targets for then? I doubt they'll completely revamp the rules for that.

Re:topping selection
This too. I like this way. It's a great risk reward. It's definitely swear worthy when you have the perfect topping and you hit the pizza target on the way to the parlor. Love it!
Lately I've been finding the small target easy to change. On my game it's a quick(ish) flip from the left flipper when rolling. It's a bit risky but not too bad. I've been going for it since I've realized how over powered some toppings are.

Added 20 months ago:

I just thought of another change to neutrino mb that could work: make it L3 unlocked for just Donatello. Poor Don might get some love if change happened.

#9156 1 year ago

I’m hoping you guys can help steer me. I’ve played the game a few times on location and like the way it shoots. I’m not a great player and I’ve got young kids, just for some background.

From what I’ve read a couple of the big complaints are the left outlane drains and 123 foot.

Can the left outlane post be adjusted to close the gap?

Not sure what 123 foot is (can someone explain?). Has this been polished up with newer code?

#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m hoping you guys can help steer me. I’ve played the game a few times on location and like the way it shoots. I’m not a great player and I’ve got young kids, just for some background.
From what I’ve read a couple of the big complaints are the left outlane drains and 123 foot.
Can the left outlane post be adjusted to close the gap?
Not sure what 123 foot is (can someone explain?). Has this been polished up with newer code?

I believe some people have added a rubber nub around the outlane to help with getting “Borged” on those drains.

The 1-2-3 foot is a rollover on one of the left in lanes, it starts a hurry up that you have to shoot three shots in a row to collect. Which wouldn’t be so bad except it kind of locks you out of most other things in the game.

#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I believe some people have added a rubber nub around the outlane to help with getting “Borged” on those drains.
The 1-2-3 foot is a rollover on one of the left in lanes, it starts a hurry up that you have to shoot three shots in a row to collect. Which wouldn’t be so bad except it kind of locks you out of most other things in the game.

Gotcha thanks for the response

#9159 1 year ago

New prem owner here just wanted to say gosh dam this pin is fast when your making your shots whats a good score on this pin ?

#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New prem owner here just wanted to say gosh dam this pin is fast when your making your shots whats a good score on this pin ?

100mil is very good. 30 mil I would say is pretty good. 10 mil is standard.

#9161 1 year ago

Got a replacement servo for the diverter. Replacing would be SO much easier if I knew that this connector can actually be pulled out - is that possible? Or do you have to remove the whole servo itself (including the wiring)?

3221FE6A-C58A-4904-9EC5-D1485EF3C957 (resized).jpeg3221FE6A-C58A-4904-9EC5-D1485EF3C957 (resized).jpeg

#9162 1 year ago

After playing TMNT with Insider Connected for a few months with all the turtles permanently leveled up to 4, I've grown to miss the other Training process modes.

So, I go to look for the setting to reset the turtles training levels with Insider Connected, and I can't find it anywhere in the standard settings or game settings menus. A few people in this thread appear to indicate that a setting for this exists, but if it does, where is it?

Thanks in advance for any direction on this.

#9163 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Got a replacement servo for the diverter. Replacing would be SO much easier if I knew that this connector can actually be pulled out - is that possible? Or do you have to remove the whole servo itself (including the wiring)?
[quoted image]

Wiring cannot be pulled it, it has soldered connections

#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

After playing TMNT with Insider Connected for a few months with all the turtles permanently leveled up to 4, I've grown to miss the other Training process modes.
So, I go to look for the setting to reset the turtles training levels with Insider Connected, and I can't find it anywhere in the standard settings or game settings menus. A few people in this thread appear to indicate that a setting for this exists, but if it does, where is it?
Thanks in advance for any direction on this.

You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices.

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You should be able to hold both flippers in before starting a game but logged in. There is an option to reset as one of the selection choices.

Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight!

Edit: It worked! I appreciated the advice. I knew of the game options that you're presented with after holding both flipper buttons down, but never realized or paid attention to the fact that there was the option to reset turtle progress at the end of those options. Thanks again!

#9166 1 year ago

After some of the later software updates I can no longer reset a game holding the left flipper button and the start button. Can someone please confirm if this is a general issue?

#9167 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

After some of the later software updates I can no longer reset a game holding the left flipper button and the start button. Can someone please confirm if this is a general issue?

Did you go into the menus and see if that is turned on?

#9168 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I have current code on mine and the Left flipper start hold reset works. Id bet its turned off as stated above

#9169 1 year ago

Anyone have the pizza building mod from medisinyl that would like to sell?

#9170 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I have current code on mine and the Left flipper start hold reset works. Id bet its turned off as stated above

Thanks. It's on so I am really confused why it doesn't work.

Added 19 months ago:

I am stupid. Thought the setting was called Game restart. No problem with the code.

#9171 1 year ago

Well, I have now completed the Team of Heroes achievement twice without it actually popping. Is this one a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Completed 4 episodes, one in each turtles ending shot.

#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Well, I have now completed the Team of Heroes achievement twice without it actually popping. Is this one a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Completed 4 episodes, one in each turtles ending shot.

I’ve done this several times too and never got the achievement

#9173 1 year ago

I own a Premium and wondering about this glider achievement. How do you get Collect Max Glider? Is it 3 shots to the left ramp, switch glider, then one up the right ramp? Is it more than 3 shots to the left ramp?

Image 7-23-22 at 2.20 PM (resized).jpgImage 7-23-22 at 2.20 PM (resized).jpg
#9174 1 year ago

Got to final battle for the second time yesterday. And for the third time this morning wow it’s such a great wizard mode. I drained out on bebop and rock steady with rock steady left to complete. I also drained out with ONLY the weapon hurry up left to get to cowabunga!! Fml damn it was close. Thanks Xaqery for such an amazingly coded Borg game. Tmnt is definitely a VERY VERY close second to twd!

#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Got to final battle for the second time yesterday. And for the third time this morning wow it’s such a great wizard mode. I drained out on bebop and rock steady with rock steady left to complete. I also drained out with ONLY the weapon hurry up left to get to cowabunga!! Fml damn it was close. Thanks Xaqery for such an amazingly coded Borg game. Tmnt is definitely a VERY VERY close second to twd!

Agreed! The wizard mode is so good. The animations are really well done too. So satisfying. Can't wait to try out cowabunga one day. I've been 2 qualifiers away. So close yet so far.

1 week later
#9176 1 year ago

Can anyone point me in the direction of a NIB TMNT Pro from a distributor?

#9177 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Probably won’t find a NIB one until the next run later this year. You can usually find good deals on slightly used HUO ones if you look around.

#9178 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

The guy who I traded my old HUO pro is selling it locally, but also has it up for trades
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pro-77

#9179 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Automated has both Pro & Premium's NIB:
http://pinballs.com/

#9180 1 year ago

Thanks y’all

#9182 1 year ago

Just brought a preowned TMNT Pro home this past weekend for a good deal. Cleaned, waxed, and ready to go - I love the fast and challenging shots on this table. I wish there were still some good mods available. If anyone knows where to get some or has some available let me know. Glad to be part of the TMNT pin club!

#9183 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyb3rPunk:

Just brought a preowned TMNT Pro home this past weekend for a good deal. Cleaned, waxed, and ready to go - I love the fast and challenging shots on this table. I wish there were still some good mods available. If anyone knows where to get some or has some available let me know. Glad to be part of the TMNT pin club!

Scandell 's April mod is my favorite and imho one of best pinball mods ever created. There's a separate thread for requesting the download link.

#9184 1 year ago

So I have a HUO TMNT pro. Love it. However I I always thought it was a touch TOO fast. I switched from the stock flipper power settings to 200, 200, 180(upper) and it really smoothed the game out. The shots just feel better to me with the ball traveling ever so much slower. You can’t back hand the right ramp on my game anymore but the forehand feels much more natural. Give it a try, it only takes 15 seconds to change in the menu.

I’m a competitive player and I don’t suck so it wasn’t that. The ball just felt like a laser beam on this playfield with the stock flipper settings and shots didn’t feel great even with it set pretty steep.

#9185 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

So I have a HUO TMNT pro. Love it. However I I always thought it was a touch TOO fast. I switched from the stock flipper power settings to 200, 200, 180(upper) and it really smoothed the game out. The shots just feel better to me with the ball traveling ever so much slower. You can’t back hand the right ramp on my game anymore but the forehand feels much more natural. Give it a try, it only takes 15 seconds to change in the menu.
I’m a competitive player and I don’t suck so it wasn’t that. The ball just felt like a laser beam on this playfield with the stock flipper settings and shots didn’t feel great even with it set pretty steep.

6.5 is pretty ideal on this pin. I use stock flipper settings and flipper cooling fans so I can keep backhanding. After a playfield cleaning it is pretty much unplayable, but calms down after a dozen games or so.

#9186 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Automated has both Pro & Premium's NIB:
http://pinballs.com/

Thanks y’all, Got a NIB Pro from Automated headed my way.

#9187 1 year ago

New Game Code !

LE/PREMIUM V1.52 - AUGUST 2, 2022
=================================
**** FIXED ****
- During the start of NINJA PIZZA MULTIBALL, the upper left flipper will be
raised based on the number of balls in the PARLOUR to try and catch more
balls on the PIZZA MAGNET.

- Fixed some TOTAL display effects where the score was fading off screen
too soon.

**** STERN INSIDER CONNECTED ****
- Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.

When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.

The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.

Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.

**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.20 ****
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0

Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set
to DYNAMIC. All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately
incremented instead of only replay level 1.

Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment
would not be honored in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the
maximum number of free games which a player can win during a game. Once
the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive a free game
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game
played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY
LEVELS will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.

Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime
audit will start accumulating with this update.

Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected
menu. A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior
to being added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes,
unregister this game." will unregister the game from your account.

Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of
display.

Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count

Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE
PLAY ONLY".

Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".

Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be
"MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and default value is "MECHANICAL". This
adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy and Free Play
is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0

Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy
and "Free Play" is No. Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.

Fix game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open
position.

Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name
and green check mark with a verified Location if the machine is registered
to a pro account.

#9188 1 year ago

Hmmm no mention of a TPMB fix...

#9189 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Hmmm no mention of a TPMB fix...

This could have fixed it. "I hope".
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0

Also, maybe the cleland or alternative code is causing it?

#9190 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Also, maybe the cleland or alternative code is causing it?

I've only ever had stock code on my TMNT Pro and it has had the TPMB bug on and off since new, so it seems to be across all codes whether stock or modified.

#9191 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've only ever had stock code on my TMNT Pro and it has had the TPMB bug on and off since new, so it seems to be across all codes whether stock or modified.

Makes you wonder where the inconsistency is. My NIB is headed to my house from TNT/Automated. Ill be sure to let y'all know if mine does it.

I went to SFGE in Atlanta this year and I pretty much stayed on TMNT Pro, "No one else was in line". I never experienced the bug. It's probably something simple like an extra 1 in the code. lol.

#9192 1 year ago

Also, "remember" I am ignorant to most things pinball, do Sterns have processors? Maybe it is getting bogged down during that TPMB or maybe overheating?

#9193 1 year ago

Man once again they could have done some much needed scoreing adjustments but nope nothing worth a crap in my opinion. Come on STERN

#9194 1 year ago

I was also hoping to open the read me file and see that the TPMB crash would be fixed. My machine is also 100% stock with the code, and have owned it since new for two years. Crazy to me that this hasn't been taken care of.

#9195 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I was also hoping to open the read me file and see that the TPMB crash would be fixed. My machine is also 100% stock with the code, and have owned it since new for two years. Crazy to me that this hasn't been taken care of.

Personally, I was hoping that simpler issues like: the Marshmallow NPMB topping doing nothing, and the Team Up Perk for "I want a body" completing Team Up MB after a single rescue rather than just "Rescue Any Turtle" in the rescue phase, and the fact that the "Wrath of Krang" TUMB perk doesn't work properly either.

Too bad really, this would have been a good opportunity for some minor or subtle fixes, seeing as how an update is being released anyway. For example, AIQ and JP DID receive minor tweaks.

#9196 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Personally, I was hoping that simpler issues like: the Marshmallow NPMB topping doing nothing, and the Team Up Perk for "I want a body" completing Team Up MB after a single rescue rather than just "Rescue Any Turtle" in the rescue phase, and the fact that the "Wrath of Krang" TUMB perk doesn't work properly either.
Too bad really, this would have been a good opportunity for some minor or subtle fixes, seeing as how an update is being released anyway. For example, AIQ and JP DID receive minor tweaks.

My wild speculation on this, is these are known issues and being worked on but Stern wanted to make a big splash releasing this update for all games at once. So those that had minor tweaks that were ready to go went and those with bigger things that need address like TMNT will get further updates. Dwight is also working on Mando, and probably a new game, so that might have got priority since it did get a larger update than TMNT.

Again just my theory.

#9197 1 year ago

I'm thinking they will have an update ready for the next build, coming up in December...

#9198 1 year ago

Hey all, I just picked up a TMNT, and am having an issue with fast, hard shots to the pizza parlor causing balls to "jump" past the release post. We took slow-motion video to confirm this is what happening.

Has anyone else had this? Is it an issue with the tapered plunger they use in this game?

Any thoughts on a possible fix?

(I did search & reviewed key posts before posting this question, and didn't come up with anything covering this specific situation.)

#9199 1 year ago

(For Stern's awareness) Just had TPMB freeze glitch happen on 4 player, 3 versus 1 game. It was on ball 3 of player 4's game, playing as Michaelangelo. 2 balls locked in parlor. Had just completed attack of the mousers episode while in multiball. We were all logged into IC. And are on newest code released today.

#9200 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Hey all, I just picked up a TMNT, and am having an issue with fast, hard shots to the pizza parlor causing balls to "jump" past the release post. We took slow-motion video to confirm this is what happening.
Has anyone else had this? Is it an issue with the tapered plunger they use in this game?
Any thoughts on a possible fix?
(I did search & reviewed key posts before posting this question, and didn't come up with anything covering this specific situation.)

I put a rubber drawer bumper here and that has not been a problem since.
You have to get the placement just right so that it stops the jump but doesn't restrict the balls when the post is down.

20220803_194600 (resized).jpg20220803_194600 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.