(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 240.
#9101 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

Most imbalanced scoring game ever

No, that award goes to BM66 in my opinion.

Rob

#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks. Finally got hold of one and it fits the mod perfectly, Polly pocket mini turtle figure. Easily found on ebay!
[quoted image]

So I checked out Ebay and couldn't find anything reasonably priced. If anyone bought a set that had multiple figurines and are willing to sell me just one Turtle figurine I would be willing to pay $15-$20 U.S. for it plus shipping. PM me if you got one.

#9103 1 year ago

How many balls are you supposed to get in. Ninja pizza multi ball? My machine only lets me play the three balls stored in the lock next to the van. But I’m watching some people play on YouTube and it looks like they are getting more balls then just the three.

#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

How many balls are you supposed to get in. Ninja pizza multi ball? My machine only lets me play the three balls stored in the lock next to the van. But I’m watching some people play on YouTube and it looks like they are getting more balls then just the three.

Check your rule sheet. Toppings change a number of things in NPMB including how many balls you get

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

On the Pro, you can get up to 3 Gummie Bear toppings before starting NPMB and make it a 6 ball multiball. On the Premium, you can get up to 5 Gummie Bears for an 8 Ball NPMB!

#9106 1 year ago

I've come around on the scoring, not that it can always use some tweaks, but I think tmnt will be a great tournament game. If anything it's less 'point salad-y' than most game. You make your shots, you get the points. The only exception is octopus on npmb but even then you can have a bad mb and even with a stacked pizza I'd say I can have more lucrative tpmb. I definitely wouldn't call it 'broken'. I've also had big npmb with lots of pepperoni. The anchovies and marshmallows seem to be 'wammies', but the risk/reward to moving them is hardly ever worth it. Even to an octopus.
I do have gripes though, like the leveling up is a little too risk/reward, at least for most skill levels. But the only time I've really blown up this game (200mil) I've had L3 raph. In tournament I'd probably only go for leveling up with mikey for the April hurry up multiplier. ...if I picked mikey. Even Leo I probably wouldn't bother leveling up and use his l1 perk just to get closer to the 2x. I'd also like to see some more points in teamup. I think that could easily be fixed with some bigger perks from completed episodes though. And also, just playing though team up gets you to more mb's, so maybe it's ok already.
The hurry ups can be huge, but I avoid them all for a while. Even weapon I'll only set up for a mb and never go for it on its own. But I find most hurryups in pinball in general are a sucker shot. ...it's the game trying to trick you out of you dollar.
But overall I'd say this game is well balenced where all shots and modes *can* be lucrative and many of the things that arent immediately can lead to something that is. Even if you want to just go mb and multipliers all day you have to play through the eppisodes to get the chance for more. Just my opinion though, I'd really like to see this in big tournaments to see what the great players go for. If it's all the same strategy, yeah, this game might be one dimentional for scoring strategy. But I bet you would see some different strategies. The good players would definitely try to get to raph L3 I bet.
And ever since I've realized the scoring amount is similar to lotr the low scoring doesn't bother me either.

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No, that award goes to BM66 in my opinion.
Rob

than Johnny Mnemonic too...

#9108 1 year ago

I figured out the problem. Machine was in competition mode which took out the gummy bear topping.

#9109 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

You make your shots, you get the points. The only exception is octopus on npmb but even then you can have a bad mb and even with a stacked pizza I'd say I can have more lucrative tpmb. I definitely wouldn't call it 'broken'. I've also had big npmb with lots of pepperoni.

The way I see it, this is probably the biggest issue with the scoring, NPMB can be lucrative in a couple different ways. 2X SJPs worth 7 or 8M points is pretty huge compared to scoring those points elsewhere, like in Episodes. How many completed Episodes would that take to score? How many 1-2-3 Foot Combos? Oh yeah, you can only score one, even if you spend the whole entire game building it before collecting it, it might be worth like half of a NPMB SJP. How many Krang Kombos? How many Weapon Hurry-Ups?

When it comes to tournaments, I imagine the biggest difference between winning and losing a match is how well NPMB goes and whether you get through Team Up to re-light NPMB. That's probably not a bad thing for a tournament though, simpler objectives often make for better competition.

#9110 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The way I see it, this is probably the biggest issue with the scoring, NPMB can be lucrative in a couple different ways. 2X SJPs worth 7 or 8M points is pretty huge compared to scoring those points elsewhere, like in Episodes. How many completed Episodes would that take to score? How many 1-2-3 Foot Combos? Oh yeah, you can only score one, even if you spend the whole entire game building it before collecting it, it might be worth like half of a NPMB SJP. How many Krang Kombos? How many Weapon Hurry-Ups?

Yeah, maybe mode completion could score a bit more points... They seem to score on average about a million now?

Rob

#9111 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, maybe mode completion could score a bit more points... They seem to score on average about a million now?

Rob

Yeah, I think the more you complete, the more they're worth. Plus 2X PF and maybe some training levels and they can be decent value.

#9112 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

When it comes to tournaments, I imagine the biggest difference between winning and losing a match is how well NPMB goes and whether you get through Team Up to re-light NPMB. That's probably not a bad thing for a tournament though, simpler objectives often make for better competition.

Well you peaked my interest in these npmb sjps. I've been playing some games where I've been focusing on it and hardly ever get the sjp myself. It's a tough progression in my opinion. Especially on one of the fastest games out there. So you first need 6 blue shots, then the krang loop, than the infamously tough lair shot. (I love the krang loop in mb. Controlled staging and a left handed shot. Reminds me of whirlwind and high speed jackpots but left handed.) The way I see it is that's 6 shots then 2 really tough shots. I'd say you better have something lucrative there. A sjp should be big. Oh, and the 2x is another 5 to 9 shots too on top of that and maybe a few more to keep it going. That's a lot of shots and a lot of skill to get. I'm fine with it being big. If you can get multiples of those a game you deserve to win. Plus 8 mil is only a 3rd or quarter way to a replay. I don't think this is an all or nothing, imo.
That said though, I agree with you on the krang combo and weapon being low. I only go for them if I'm getting close to cowabunga, which I've been close to (yet so far away). I would worry about raising the krang one though since it's always on. I wouldn't want it to turn into a strategy like loops on Maiden or shadow (though not too bad of company to be in). Weapon though could use some re-thinking. I'm still hoping Dwight puts in a super skill shot. It would be interesting if the super skill shot was to hit you turtle skill shot before the top lanes or pops (on pro). Then have some kind of super weapon score if you can complete it. Though this might change the balance of the turtle shots, especially since mikey and raph are already a bit stronger than leo and don, and there shots are easer. But yeah, right now I avoid both unless those shots are lit for something else as well, then it's just gravy.
Foot 123 can be lit again after completing it as a mystery pops award. ...which brings me to something I think is unbalanced in the game: the pop bumpers. It's not as unbalanced as the last Ghostbusters code, imo, but sometimes you can get crazy awards in the pops. I once had a lite extra ball, lite battle again, and lite tpmb from my ball staying in the pops. That's worth like 10 shots and an extra ball! Crazy! I think this along with the top lane multiplier makes it pretty powerful--although, I personally don't drain on purpose to get more, I find the ball save to be more important to find my shots or get some shots on April or lair mono-targets.
Anyways, I have to thank you for voicing you opinion on the npmb. I'm starting to enjoy it again. I also think I may have found another bug. :/ The fudge might not be working. Since the sjp is so lucrative you'd think the fudge would be really powerful. So I played a mb with 2 fudge. If it is indeed +1 foot kill that means I should've got to mondo in 2 shots, no? Well, I swear I hit like 4 or 5 blue shots without seeing mondo lit. ...then I drained to one ball of course. I'm going to try this as a strategy some more. If the sjp is really that lucrative, the fudge and pineapple might be worth more than gummies, octopus, or pepperoni.

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

So you first need 6 blue shots, then the krang loop, than the infamously tough lair shot. (I love the krang loop in mb. Controlled staging and a left handed shot. Reminds me of whirlwind and high speed jackpots but left handed.) The way I see it is that's 6 shots then 2 really tough shots. I'd say you better have something lucrative there. A sjp should be big. Oh, and the 2x is another 5 to 9 shots too on top of that and maybe a few more to keep it going. That's a lot of shots and a lot of skill to get. I'm fine with it being big. If you can get multiples of those a game you deserve to win.

I agree that it's difficult to achieve and that it should be worth good points. Though I do think you make it sound more difficult than it actually can be. Yes, you need 6 blue shots to light Mondo JP but you're in MB and that can happen pretty quickly and safely especially while ball save is active. Krang loop is also a tough shot but I feel like you can fluke into it a decent amount as long as you get it lit but also just as long as you keep trying for it. The 2X PF MB kind of just happens with the chaos of a MB, especially during ball save, I don't think it's fair to consider each hit to the LAIR Target as a single shot with the way balls just end up hitting that giant target. Though it is helpful to help that process along by aiming in that general direction. But ultimately, I don't feel like NPMB SJP is inherently unfair, I just think its unbalanced. In other words, I think that other things of similar or greater difficulty should be worth appropriate points as well. Turtle Power SJP is worth less than the NPMB SJP yet it takes the same amount of shots (more if you count the NPMB toppings taking away the number of shots needed or starting with the Mondo or SJP lit). But really the question for me ends up being, how many episodes does it take to get the same value, how many episodes SHOULD it take? I feel like it's probably somewhere around 3 completed episodes if you are able to utilize the 2X PF for all 3 of them and that also depends on whether you complete them in single ball play or stacked with MB. But even so, I don't think Episodes scoring is the real issue with balance either.

Quoted from System-J:

That said though, I agree with you on the krang combo and weapon being low. I only go for them if I'm getting close to cowabunga, which I've been close to (yet so far away). I would worry about raising the krang one though since it's always on. I wouldn't want it to turn into a strategy like loops on Maiden or shadow (though not too bad of company to be in). Weapon though could use some re-thinking.

Yeah, the Krang Kombo being worth too much could create an issue, but it is difficult to get the 3 loops and finish with the center ramp. I've said it before in this thread but I think the pop bumpers building the value (pop bumper build disabled during MB) and then completing Krang Kombo could be a fun change, value resets after collecting or after draining the ball. This would provide some risk reward.

123 Foot, spinner builds value, collecting or draining resets value. 123 Foot lights at the inlane after certain Spinner Thresholds, same as Krang, it would give a risk/reward chance to build the value and collect, especially on a longer ball. Maybe disable the spinner build during MB as well.

Weapon Hurry-Up, Skill shot still lights WHU, but also Finishing a mode at your Turtle's shot lights WHU at the inlane, each WHU you complete adds an additional Orbit shot to the WHU sequence making each subsequent WHU harder to complete but also worth additional points.

Training, should at least be worth some points on its own, light your next episode, light a WHU or something other than just awarding additional perks, especially considering Insider Connected functionality messes with its functionality.

Team Up needs to be worth more points in general I think. This could be done in a handful of way that I can think of. Making the mode easier to complete: less shots to light rescue phase, more time/no timer for the rescue phase, allowing for a timed single ball period to resurrect the MB when you drain to one ball, or even something as simple as awarding points for each completed Episode at the start of it similar to what happens for Final Battle. Though I think 2X PF should not multiply these point awards and then Final Battle's completed Episodes points awards should be increased. If you have 8 complete Episodes when you start Final Battle you should be awarded a small fortune in points, I think. For Final Battle, something like 50M total sounds appropriate in the current scoring, 50>40>30>20>10>7.5>5>2.5M or something structured like that. For Team Up, maybe something like 20M>10M>5M>2.5M.

While I think Episodes are mostly fine with their current scoring, something like playing and completing an Episode exclusively in single ball play should be more valuable than stacking with a MB. So give a 2X completion bonus for single ball or half the completion bonus in MB.

Final thoughts, I fully understand the difficulty with Balancing scoring and that it probably needs to be done in small increments or with extensive testing, if you increase the value of one mode/feature, it will likely throw other things out of balance that then need to be corrected. I also understand that my thoughts and ideas on the subject are obviously just fantasy but I've played this machine as much or more than any other machine I've ever played and I really can't help but let my imagination run wild with ways to "make it better," at least from the perspective of my skills and play-style.

#9114 1 year ago

I have started Final battle with less points than a single NPMB.
I think it was under 30 million, and I completed quite a few of the episodes.
The episode scoring is super low, if I do well on both MBs I can get 50 or 60 million pretty easily.
I'd say for me anything under 20-25 million for NPMB was a poor MB.

#9115 1 year ago

I have a lot of poor multiballs

#9116 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I agree that it's difficult to achieve and that it should be worth good points. Though I do think you make it sound more difficult than it actually can be. Yes, you need 6 blue shots to light Mondo JP but you're in MB and that can happen pretty quickly and safely especially while ball save is active. Krang loop is also a tough shot but I feel like you can fluke into it a decent amount as long as you get it lit but also just as long as you keep trying for it. The 2X PF MB kind of just happens with the chaos of a MB, especially during ball save, I don't think it's fair to consider each hit to the LAIR Target as a single shot with the way balls just end up hitting that giant target. Though it is helpful to help that process along by aiming in that general direction. But ultimately, I don't feel like NPMB SJP is inherently unfair, I just think its unbalanced. In other words, I think that other things of similar or greater difficulty should be worth appropriate points as well. Turtle Power SJP is worth less than the NPMB SJP yet it takes the same amount of shots (more if you count the NPMB toppings taking away the number of shots needed or starting with the Mondo or SJP lit). But really the question for me ends up being, how many episodes does it take to get the same value, how many episodes SHOULD it take? I feel like it's probably somewhere around 3 completed episodes if you are able to utilize the 2X PF for all 3 of them and that also depends on whether you complete them in single ball play or stacked with MB. But even so, I don't think Episodes scoring is the real issue with balance either.

Yeah, the Krang Kombo being worth too much could create an issue, but it is difficult to get the 3 loops and finish with the center ramp. I've said it before in this thread but I think the pop bumpers building the value (pop bumper build disabled during MB) and then completing Krang Kombo could be a fun change, value resets after collecting or after draining the ball. This would provide some risk reward.
123 Foot, spinner builds value, collecting or draining resets value. 123 Foot lights at the inlane after certain Spinner Thresholds, same as Krang, it would give a risk/reward chance to build the value and collect, especially on a longer ball. Maybe disable the spinner build during MB as well.
Weapon Hurry-Up, Skill shot still lights WHU, but also Finishing a mode at your Turtle's shot lights WHU at the inlane, each WHU you complete adds an additional Orbit shot to the WHU sequence making each subsequent WHU harder to complete but also worth additional points.
Training, should at least be worth some points on its own, light your next episode, light a WHU or something other than just awarding additional perks, especially considering Insider Connected functionality messes with its functionality.
Team Up needs to be worth more points in general I think. This could be done in a handful of way that I can think of. Making the mode easier to complete: less shots to light rescue phase, more time/no timer for the rescue phase, allowing for a timed single ball period to resurrect the MB when you drain to one ball, or even something as simple as awarding points for each completed Episode at the start of it similar to what happens for Final Battle. Though I think 2X PF should not multiply these point awards and then Final Battle's completed Episodes points awards should be increased. If you have 8 complete Episodes when you start Final Battle you should be awarded a small fortune in points, I think. For Final Battle, something like 50M total sounds appropriate in the current scoring, 50>40>30>20>10>7.5>5>2.5M or something structured like that. For Team Up, maybe something like 20M>10M>5M>2.5M.
While I think Episodes are mostly fine with their current scoring, something like playing and completing an Episode exclusively in single ball play should be more valuable than stacking with a MB. So give a 2X completion bonus for single ball or half the completion bonus in MB.
Final thoughts, I fully understand the difficulty with Balancing scoring and that it probably needs to be done in small increments or with extensive testing, if you increase the value of one mode/feature, it will likely throw other things out of balance that then need to be corrected. I also understand that my thoughts and ideas on the subject are obviously just fantasy but I've played this machine as much or more than any other machine I've ever played and I really can't help but let my imagination run wild with ways to "make it better," at least from the perspective of my skills and play-style.

Ahhh, damn, I get it now. Yeah, the npmb is totally over powered, like twice the amount it should be. Especially since some toppings get you closer to it. It needs to be turfed or like everything else needs to go up. Some more than others.
Again, I have to thank you for the discussion and thoughts on this. It's helping me see the depth of this game in other ways.
Another thing that Dwight & team could do is add another 6 foot shots between mondo and grande. Or make the grande a hurry up once lit. But even then it still might be imbalanced. You'd still have to turf the pepper too (jeez, I had no idea). Lowering the score to what the tpmb is makes sence.
Tpmb sjp are a bit easier to get too so I don't mind them being lower.

It's a good idea about the pops being turned off during mb's. They are during some things like when tumb is lit I think. But I'd really miss the add a ball mystery if it did. Maybe just in competition mode they should be turned off. Or maybe reduce some of the more powerful awards like lite eb.

Totally (in mikey voice) agree with you on the training. Sometimes it feels so easy but other times the one shot feels like an impossible mountain. I'd like it to be worth a bit more points but also to have something big lit after each one. I think l3 and 4 should both lite nuetrino mb and the l2 training be have a super long ball save, or maybe just until you get the right ramp maybe.

Agreed about the tumb. That hurry up shot is a bitch. It makes the 'rescue any' overpowered. Even if the timer was x1.5 longer I bet I could miss it. But although the shot immediately isn't worth much it does unlock victory laps and gives you a cowabunga prereq. That's pretty powerful. Definitely worth going for since you're safe(r) in the mb.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

I have started Final battle with less points than a single NPMB.
I think it was under 30 million, and I completed quite a few of the episodes.
The episode scoring is super low, if I do well on both MBs I can get 50 or 60 million pretty easily.
I'd say for me anything under 20-25 million for NPMB was a poor MB.

Yeah, me too :/ . But the eppisodes unlock things too, so that's worth something as well. Especially when they unlock more mb's. I'm glad you can't just wait out the eppisodes but some modes don't feel worth going for. Like when I'm in Slash I keep telling myself to just stay to safe shots (which there are few) but always seem to get suckered into trying to complete it.

Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I have a lot of poor multiballs

Me too brother. Even with knowing about the overpowered sjp I can end up with an under 1 mil mb.
But like a lot of the rest of this game, it's inspiring me to play better and learn new skills. Learning how to control mb can be really fun and satisfying.

#9117 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

"I've played this machine as much or more than any other machine"
Sorry dude, was just creeping on you profile (don't worry, just the one here )--I noticed you don't even have tmnt in your top 10. How is it that you play this game more than anything else but rate it harshly? I don't mean to be too critical, I was just surprised to see this.

#9118 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

"I've played this machine as much or more than any other machine"
Sorry dude, was just creeping on you profile (don't worry, just the one here )--I noticed you don't even have tmnt in your top 10. How is it that you play this game more than anything else but rate it harshly? I don't mean to be too critical, I was just surprised to see this.

Basically, my criticisms come down to a lot of the stuff we've been talking about. And it's why I'm so passionate about these rules changes ideas and tweaks WHENEVER it comes up. TMNT is a dream theme for me so when it was announced I knew I'd be buying it, especially after seeing the artwork and the layout, both of which I love. I was really hoping that with this game, I would never want it to leave my line up, so my hopes were high and that has probably made my expectations high, too high really. Overall though, when I play the game I absolutely have fun playing episodes and going for super jackpots, but I don't find much else that feels worthwhile or other unique things to try and do just for fun. Add in the persistent and new bugs that keep popping up and Im just kinda bummed out by it in a lot of ways. I'm less bothered by the Turtle Power MB crash than the little things like a pointless pizza topping (marshmallow), TUMB perk bugs (skipping to Pizza party after 1 rescue sometimes), something like having the Battle Again light turn off at certain points when I absolutely would like to know which outlane it is on, or even something that I just noticed: Having Pizza Frenzy lit (GI goes red), starting 123 Foot (by accident), and then being unable to cancel 123 Foot by starting my training even though it's lit.

I don't want to take away from the overall fun of the game or to suggest other people shouldn't enjoy it but I tend to have an obsessive play-style with machines where I key in on one machine and play the crap out of it. So in those situations, variety of gameplay really shines.

So yeah, the game is fun, but overall it doesn't have the depth, variety, or balance to be an A-level game for me. Especially, as far as modern Sterns go. If this was a 90s Williams game, I'd probably rate it a decent amount higher to be honest.

Edit: I just went and read my review and I really should have just re-posted that here. I feel like I summed everything up much more clearly.

#9119 1 year ago

Just had my first Turtle Power Multiball freeze/crash. Off to report the bug.

#9120 1 year ago

I'm renting a turtles at the moment and have a couple issues and looking for suggestions.

Sometimes the van shot will award itself for no reason. Seems like a phantom switch activation, but is very annoying. In my video you can see this happen at the 6 minute mark. All three ball locks are awarded and multi-ball starts. Shortly after starting Turtle Power multi-ball, in the same video, at 8:18, you can see the game resets.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1523648421?t=00h05m55s

#9121 1 year ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

I'm renting a turtles at the moment and have a couple issues and looking for suggestions.
Sometimes the van shot will award itself for no reason. Seems like a phantom switch activation, but is very annoying. In my video you can see this happen at the 6 minute mark. All three ball locks are awarded and multi-ball starts. Shortly after starting Turtle Power multi-ball, in the same video, at 8:18, you can see the game resets.

The Turtle Power Multiball crash bug is widely reported and Stern is aware of it. No resolution on that yet.

As for the Van lock, I would lift the playfield and check for any loose connections around the van area. I think I also saw you collect an April Hurry Up in there without shooting the right ramp (light A-P-R-I-L and then shoot the right ramp). Seems like that's another separate issue?

#9122 1 year ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

Would be good to send the video of the TPMB crash to Stern. I know it’s widely reported but videos may help them dissect the issue.

#9123 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Would be good to send the video of the TPMB crash to Stern. I know it’s widely reported but videos may help them dissect the issue.

Good advice, done.

#9124 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone. Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. This is my 3rd prototype but thinking it’s going to be the one.
Turtle Power ramp airball deflector.
I’m using only the posts for support which has introduced the challenges that made prototypes 1 and 2 not work as well, but what I love about that approach is that it protects the plastic ramp from absorbing damage. Will keep y’all in the loop as I test, but this one feels promising. I should be able to get something on the market soon!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How has it been working? Going to add to the market place? Interested to hear.

#9125 1 year ago

Any advice on an aftermarket servo motor to replace the original one with for the glider/ diverter mine is not working thanks

#9126 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

They already have video of it happening.

Rob

#9127 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I agree that it's difficult to achieve and that it should be worth good points. Though I do think you make it sound more difficult than it actually can be. Yes, you need 6 blue shots to light Mondo JP but you're in MB and that can happen pretty quickly and safely especially while ball save is active.

I usually never know when mondo jackpot is lit, I don't think the insert is even red at that time?

Rob

#9128 1 year ago

Has Neutrino mode changed in the latest code? I haven’t got insider connected and I completed two training modes but Neutrino didn’t light to start on the left ramp. Is this right?

#9129 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Has Neutrino mode changed in the latest code? I haven’t got insider connected and I completed two training modes but Neutrino didn’t light to start on the left ramp. Is this right?

Yes it has.

Instead of being lit after completing 2 Training Modes, you need to complete all 3 Training Modes. And now, when logged in on Insider Connected, it doesn't matter what your starting Level is, you need to still complete 3 Training Modes. And as an added kicker, if your Turtle starts at Level 4, you get the joy of playing the 3rd Training Mode every time.

#9130 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yes it has.
Instead of being lit after completing 2 Training Modes, you need to complete all 3 Training Modes. And now, when logged in on Insider Connected, it doesn't matter what your starting Level is, you need to still complete 3 Training Modes. And as an added kicker, if your Turtle starts at Level 4, you get the joy of playing the 3rd Training Mode every time.

Fking balls!! That’s hard!! Not really worth going for either is it?

#9131 1 year ago

Wasn’t even worth it before the change.

#9132 1 year ago

The thing is, it can be super valuable but it can also be worth nothing. Ive had an 80m mode score and a literal 0 point one. But no, I wouldn't say its worth going for other than just to have gotten there. It might be more attainable if the the progress made on a failed Training mode carried over to your next attempt. Fun mode though, fairly simple concept but the GI and the video and everything combines together for a nice unique moment.

#9133 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The thing is, it can be super valuable but it can also be worth nothing. Ive had an 80m mode score and a literal 0 point one. But no, I wouldn't say its worth going for other than just to have gotten there. It might be more attainable if the the progress made on a failed Training mode carried over to your next attempt. Fun mode though, fairly simple concept but the GI and the video and everything combines together for a nice unique moment.

I was all ready to play neutrino and then was like ummm what happened why isn’t it there ready for me to go so I was a little disappointed. Although I got to a team up multiball so that was fun.

#9134 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Was sooo fun to play neutrino pizza party during 1.50 code that was always available at the start button, if hit left/right target then hit left ramp to start. Such a fun little mode that was really something to look forward to and made IC worth having. Now, not worth going for. Code wise wish Dwight would put it back to level four access. Never got tired of it with IC level four access. Please Xaqery put it back in for us.

#9135 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Code wise wish Dwight would put it back to level four access. Never got tired of it with IC level four access. Please Xaqery put it back in for us.

Agreed. I thought it was one of the best benefits and reasons to play TMNT with Insider Connected and leveled up turtles. It was just fun, and pinball is supposed to be fun, so please Dwight, bring it back. I'll probably never see/play that mode again as it is now.

#9136 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was sooo fun to play neutrino pizza party during 1.50 code that was always available at the start button, if hit left/right target then hit left ramp to start. Such a fun little mode that was really something to look forward to and made IC worth having. Now, not worth going for. Code wise wish Dwight would put it back to level four access. Never got tired of it with IC level four access. Please Xaqery put it back in for us.

It was actually tied to Level 3, but if he does make the decision to go back to how it was, the scoring needs to be seriously nerfed. I personally don't think it should be available at game start with Insider Connected, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to Level 3 or something to make it slightly more attainable. Hell, make it available after completing 4 of the Cowabunga criteria or something and breathe some life into those features.

#9137 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Agreed. I thought it was one of the best benefits and reasons to play TMNT with Insider Connected and leveled up turtles. It was just fun, and pinball is supposed to be fun, so please Dwight, bring it back. I'll probably never see/play that mode again as it is now.

I feel like the persistent perks are more than enough incentive and benefit for using Insider Connected. Raph's 2x=3x and 3x Episode scoring are huge, Leos 2X Team Up can potentially add up, Mikey's 2X April Hurry-Up Scores and 3X Ninja Pizza Multiball Scores are also pretty huge and Donnie's increased ball saver and 3X Turtle Power MB. ALL of these available from game start is a huge change to the scoring of the game and the ability to blow up the game. To throw in a mode that can score as high as Neutrino Pizza Party just seems like overkill at this point.

Yes, pinball is supposed to be fun but if "fun" for you is a matter of being able to play all the things in the game that's great, just turn the ball saves up, turn the game to 5+ balls, dial down the sling power, etc. you have options. For me the fun in pinball comes from earning features and modes, balancing risk/reward, strategically stacking things, etc. So completing training modes to unlock and blow up Neutrino Pizza Party IS fun for me. Maybe Dwight could enable it as a Challenge Mode or something, that's something he's done a great job of in the past with Half Shell Challenge and Final Battle Challenge.

#9138 1 year ago

I feel like I'm getting random extra balls and TPMB. Anybody ever experience this?

#9139 1 year ago

Half shell challenge is great on this machine. I wouldn’t mind if he added something similar to mando. Most times that’s all I play on tmnt now.

#9140 1 year ago

I'm having a weird issue with my machine. (TMNT Pro)

I turn my machine on, and it appears to boot just fine. However the second I press the start button my machine freezes and the playfield lights turn off. And then after 10 or so seconds the whole game restarts. And then it'll do it again. Freezes when pressing the start. Eventually it will work after a few restarts and I can play a full game without issue.

I'm on the current code with the April mod from Scandell. Not sure If I need a new SD card or where I should start. I'm new to owning a pinball machine so hopefully this isn't a dumb question for a common problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#9141 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

How has it been working? Going to add to the market place? Interested to hear.

Thanks for asking! Looks like this is the one and I'll be adding to the Market soon. I'm also creating some oozed inlane/sling protectors and an oozed edition nameplate backer. See images below.

All that to say, there will be a TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector on the Market shortly. For those that have read this far and are speedy, I have 3 airball deflectors currently ready to ship, and 1 full set of oozed protectors and nameplate backer in fluorescent green ready to ship. I'll reserve 1 of the airball deflectors for you MWM82 to say thanks for checking in and posting in the thread. Price will be $10 for the TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector, and $25 for the full set of inlane/sling/nameplate (5 pieces) oozed protectors. Shipping is $5 and I can combine. PM me for more information.

IMG_4288 (resized).JPEGIMG_4288 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4282 (resized).JPEGIMG_4282 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGEdition Plate Ooze (resized).jpgEdition Plate Ooze (resized).jpgIMG_4274 (resized).JPEGIMG_4274 (resized).JPEGIMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEG
#9142 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for asking! Looks like this is the one and I'll be adding to the Market soon. I'm also creating some oozed inlane/sling protectors and an oozed edition nameplate backer. See images below.
All that to say, there will be a TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector on the Market shortly. For those that have read this far and are speedy, I have 3 airball deflectors currently ready to ship, and 1 full set of oozed protectors and nameplate backer in fluorescent green ready to ship. I'll reserve 1 of the airball deflectors for you MWM82 to say thanks for checking in and posting in the thread. Price will be $10 for the TPMB Ramp Airball Deflector, and $25 for the full set of inlane/sling/nameplate (5 pieces) oozed protectors. Shipping is $5 and I can combine. PM me for more information.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That didn't take long... ooze protectors claimed and 1 TPMB ramp protector remaining ready to ship.

Don't let that stop you if you are interested though, PM me and I'll have more made.

#9143 1 year ago

I haven’t really noticed any airballs from the tpmb ramp. What’s causing the airballs? The posts?

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I haven’t really noticed any airballs from the tpmb ramp. What’s causing the airballs? The posts?

It happens so fast that you won't notice it until your training gate gets smashed and potentially cracks either the plastic or the ramp where it's attached. What happens is that the ball races up the ramp and gets airborne on its way up due to the sharp angle transitioning from the playfield to the ramp. It quite frequently gets enough air to hit the training gate and its components. Eventually, something will break. This airball deflector mounts to the posts (so no impact on the ramp at all) and keeps the ball on the ramp so that it can't get airborne in the first place.

#9145 1 year ago

Accidental double post.

#9146 1 year ago

I've had the balls hit the glass before from that ramp.

#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I'm having a weird issue with my machine. (TMNT Pro)
I turn my machine on, and it appears to boot just fine. However the second I press the start button my machine freezes and the playfield lights turn off. And then after 10 or so seconds the whole game restarts. And then it'll do it again. Freezes when pressing the start. Eventually it will work after a few restarts and I can play a full game without issue.
I'm on the current code with the April mod from Scandell. Not sure If I need a new SD card or where I should start. I'm new to owning a pinball machine so hopefully this isn't a dumb question for a common problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd start with installing a new SD card. That is odd behavior that sounds software based.

#9148 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It happens so fast that you won't notice it until your training gate gets smashed and potentially cracks either the plastic or the ramp where it's attached. What happens is that the ball races up the ramp and gets airborne on its way up due to the sharp angle transitioning from the playfield to the ramp. It quite frequently gets enough air to hit the training gate and its components. Eventually, something will break. This airball deflector mounts to the posts (so no impact on the ramp at all) and keeps the ball on the ramp so that it can't get airborne in the first place.

Happens to me when i combo the right ramp after a right orbit, otherwise it is fine.

#9149 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

It was actually tied to Level 3, but if he does make the decision to go back to how it was, the scoring needs to be seriously nerfed. I personally don't think it should be available at game start with Insider Connected, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to Level 3 or something to make it slightly more attainable. Hell, make it available after completing 4 of the Cowabunga criteria or something and breathe some life into those features.

Good idea, to add it to achieving 4 cowabunga objectives. I never look at trying to achieve any of those objectives since they’re all difficult, with zero reward unless completing them all. Xaqery please add this idea.

C340CAE0-83BF-4470-A781-29642DDC9F25 (resized).jpegC340CAE0-83BF-4470-A781-29642DDC9F25 (resized).jpeg

#9150 1 year ago

Added a few things to the letter, but removed it here. Was told we cannot get that large of an update, because it would be larger than we realize. But asked if NPP could be rolled back to the IC version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.