(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 240.
#9001 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

These little guys finally arrived! I will be working on designing some 3D printed mounts so they can be installed without ugly cable ties, adhesives or glue. There’s 6 mousers total and a bunch of tiny accessories, broken mouser parts, and rats. I’m probably going to add two to three.
Lemon for scale.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Share the pictures when your finished. Anyone else have favorite mods. Just traded my black knight for turtles on wednesday. Best trade ever. Love this ass kicker. Borg is the best!

#9002 1 year ago

Does anyone have an idea of the current going price for a brand new playfield?

Like a lot of other people I received the poorly printed playfield on my NIB TMNT back in 2020. I then received a brand new unpopulated playfield with the better quality print job. I'm never going to get around to swapping them, so figured I'd maybe throw it up for sale. I don't recall seeing many listed for sale, so curious what peoples thoughts are on pricing for a brand new playfield.

#9003 1 year ago

Hey everyone. Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. This is my 3rd prototype but thinking it’s going to be the one.

Turtle Power ramp airball deflector.

I’m using only the posts for support which has introduced the challenges that made prototypes 1 and 2 not work as well, but what I love about that approach is that it protects the plastic ramp from absorbing damage. Will keep y’all in the loop as I test, but this one feels promising. I should be able to get something on the market soon!
3C81F164-4674-4081-BA19-7E764BF6A465 (resized).jpeg3C81F164-4674-4081-BA19-7E764BF6A465 (resized).jpeg84DC2839-2E99-4EDE-BB16-97D99F3101C4 (resized).jpeg84DC2839-2E99-4EDE-BB16-97D99F3101C4 (resized).jpegA505C1E3-F660-464F-9FBE-06FDF66D1F4C (resized).jpegA505C1E3-F660-464F-9FBE-06FDF66D1F4C (resized).jpeg

#9004 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone. Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. This is my 3rd prototype but thinking it’s going to be the one.
Turtle Power ramp airball deflector.
I’m using only the posts for support which has introduced the challenges that made prototypes 1 and 2 not work as well, but what I love about that approach is that it protects the plastic ramp from absorbing damage. Will keep y’all in the loop as I test, but this one feels promising. I should be able to get something on the market soon!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, I do get an airball that hits the sign once in a blue moon if i loop it after an orbit.

#9005 1 year ago

Can someone check to see if the pizza slice LED light insert and add time LED light insert stay on when all the other lights go out? Mine stay on, not fully lit, but always on. Maybe they’ve always done that and I never noticed?

A55BDC19-27FC-4221-8A63-53D0761767A5 (resized).jpegA55BDC19-27FC-4221-8A63-53D0761767A5 (resized).jpeg

882A7C44-29B1-4F3C-87DA-B924BA338F87 (resized).jpeg882A7C44-29B1-4F3C-87DA-B924BA338F87 (resized).jpegDA4A0E6D-D441-48E2-AE21-35CC2AA95E04 (resized).jpegDA4A0E6D-D441-48E2-AE21-35CC2AA95E04 (resized).jpeg
#9006 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can someone check to see if the pizza slice LED light insert and add time LED light insert stay on when all the other lights go out? Mine stay on, not fully lit, but always on. Maybe they’ve always done that and I never noticed?

They shouldn’t always be on and are independent of each other. My guess is (without lifting the hood) that they are on the same LED board and that may be bad on yours. Just a guess though without looking.

Edit. Looks like your Turtle Power light is on as well. This should be independent too.

13FA95EF-A416-4F72-97F4-1CE1D3662ABE (resized).jpeg13FA95EF-A416-4F72-97F4-1CE1D3662ABE (resized).jpegEFD28B0C-F364-48BE-A2B2-DD31BAD0B990 (resized).jpegEFD28B0C-F364-48BE-A2B2-DD31BAD0B990 (resized).jpegF481D7EB-9CBF-44DA-AA55-ACBBB1B97DFB (resized).jpegF481D7EB-9CBF-44DA-AA55-ACBBB1B97DFB (resized).jpeg

#9007 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Without searching the thread I think I remember this was an issue with a playfield connection not fully seated.

#9008 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Without searching the thread I think I remember this was an issue with a playfield connection not fully seated.

Good, will search the thread, unless someone knows where the reference for the fix is at. Thanks!

#9009 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good, will search the thread, unless someone knows where the reference for the fix is at. Thanks!

This is the post I remember but don’t recall a specific fix. Someone else had a similar problem with different inserts that happened to be a bad node board 8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/27#post-5760311

#9010 1 year ago

For those that love TMNT and Zombie Yeti art there is an awesome Vinyl Record limited edition run of 2000 being sold here: https://kidkatana.com/shop/limited-edition-vinyl

For this limited edition, Kid Katana Records teamed up with illustrator Zombie Yeti, a recognized official TMNT artist with a very distinctive hand-drawn style. His colorful, punchy and playful touch really goes well with the game’s spirit. The result is an exclusive mise en abîme, with Shredder fighting against the turtles to steal the record itself!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9011 1 year ago

the grafics of the game just look fine, the trailer would almost fit to the pinball machine:
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256825298/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1631121320

it's like a cross over from the grafics used in the pinball machine and the cabinet art.

#9012 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

the grafics of the game just look fine, the trailer would almost fit to the pinball machine:
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256825298/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1631121320
it's like a cross over from the grafics used in the pinball machine and the cabinet art.

That music is atrocious. People complained about the theme in the pinball not being the original, but it's light years better than what is in that game.

Rob

#9013 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:That music is atrocious. People complained about the theme in the pinball not being the original, but it's light years better than what is in that game.
Rob

haven't touched the music, only video change. Does not look too bad.
the trailer does replace lair background in the attract mode. The April in the Trailer does not look much better than the one in the pinball machine

attract1 (resized).PNGattract1 (resized).PNGattract2 (resized).PNGattract2 (resized).PNGattract3 (resized).PNGattract3 (resized).PNG
#9014 1 year ago

Thought I'd share this mod for my TMNT pin Hooked up a tiny TV mod provided by CraZyMuffin along with miniature console, games and VHS tapes to my TMNT pin. Randomly plays various videos added to the USB of the entire first season of the cartoon, old toy commercials, footage of the TMNT games and more. It sits comfortably in the back left of the playfield near the van and catches everyone's eye when they come to play.

Youtube video here

or here:
https://twitter.com/NeilDavidCarter/status/1537161157957472256?s=20&t=sSoQ51PlQOVqVqYndZ2fgQ

#9015 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Thought I'd share this mod for my TMNT pin Hooked up a tiny TV mod provided by CraZyMuffin along with miniature console, games and VHS tapes to my TMNT pin. Randomly plays various videos added to the USB of the entire first season of the cartoon, old toy commercials, footage of the TMNT games and more. It sits comfortably in the back left of the playfield near the van and catches everyone's eye when they come to play.
Youtube video here
or here:
https://twitter.com/NeilDavidCarter/status/1537161157957472256?s=20&t=sSoQ51PlQOVqVqYndZ2fgQ

Damn! This is amazing! Incredible job!

#9016 1 year ago

Very cool. I'm sure you could sell these if it's worth your time. I'd buy one.

#9017 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Very cool. I'm sure you could sell these if it's worth your time. I'd buy one.

+1 for sure !

#9018 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Youtube video here
or here:

This is absolutely insane! Amazing work. These would sell better than Stern's official topper.

The old commercials is such a nice touch. And putting in stuff from the new game is pretty awesome as well.

#9019 1 year ago

Whoever posted that game trailer that they used to mod their game. I ripped the highest quality version of it from YT: https://www.file.io/zeg4/download/z9uydKAGnMvK

It's 1080p. If you end up using it, let me know if it looks better than what you had. Yours looked a little low res and artifacty.

#9020 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Youtube video here
or here:

Nice job, looks great!

Just put up a mean score on mine (sans IC). Raph, L3, attempted L4 but couldn't hit center ramp :/ , had another chance but went for final battle instead. Got past first challenge on it. What a rush! Love this game. I play it like as if it was a strategy game I use to be addicted to and keep playing 'one more turn' until the light comes up. I guess it's fortunate that pinball machines are loud enough that I couldn't get away with that.

20220616_114843 (resized).jpg20220616_114843 (resized).jpg
20220616_115221 (resized).jpg20220616_115221 (resized).jpg

Edit:
I forgot to mention I found another option for "de-borg-ing" the left outlane (yes, I caved):
20220616_205225 (resized).jpg20220616_205225 (resized).jpg
I added a 1/2" white rubber under the standard black one on the star post. I didn't know the effect it would have on the lair release, but it actually helps it too. It comes out slower and more controlled but still has a bit of randomness. The left outline is still a B but much more fair. I've even had a couple successful shimmy outs.

#9021 1 year ago

That's a good score! I'm happy if I can break 30 mil.

#9022 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Youtube video here
or here:

Amazing,I have the turtles com that plays vids from yo-yo copter I believe buy I like this also!

#9023 1 year ago

had another freeze.. played tp mulitball and extra ball. then froze and rebooted.. cmon stern fix the code.......

#9024 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

had another freeze.. played tp mulitball and extra ball. then froze and rebooted.. cmon stern fix the code.......

Have you burnt a new SD card? We have not had another crash since we did this.

#9025 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you burnt a new SD card? We have not had another crash since we did this.

what is a sd card?

#9026 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

That's a good score! I'm happy if I can break 30 mil.

Thanks. If it makes you feel any better I just put up a couple of sub-2mils.

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what is a sd card?

It's a programmable memory card that holds the games program. It's at the top right of the cpu board. It clicks in and out. I'm sure there's a step by step out there. It's worth a try. I haven't had it happen in ages, though I have had the video go blank a few times. I did get the tpmb bug a couple times right after I updated to 1.51. Report it if you want them to fix it. Or at want them to try, it seems to be a tricky and inconsistent one. I've noticed that they don't have any shaker effects for it yet either which makes me wonder if they know it's a power drain issue.

#9027 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Just put up a mean score on mine (sans IC). Raph, L3, attempted L4 but couldn't hit center ramp :/ , had another chance but went for final battle instead. Got past first challenge on it. What a rush! Love this game. I play it like as if it was a strategy game I use to be addicted to and keep playing 'one more turn' until the light comes up. I guess it's fortunate that pinball machines are loud enough that I couldn't get away with that.

TMNT is still such an underrated game I think. I wish 1 or 2 things could be tweaked still, but that ship has sailed long ago.

Rob

#9028 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Thanks. If it makes you feel any better I just put up a couple of sub-2mils.

Sub mil scores are my norm

#9029 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

TMNT is still such an underrated game I think. I wish 1 or 2 things could be tweaked still, but that ship has sailed long ago.
Rob

Sullivan updated Ghostbusters years after it was even out of production, so I wouldn't give up hope. I think he realizes how good of a game this is too and would push to polish it a bit.
Guardians is rumored to get one last run this year and with a new tmnt movie coming out next year I could see stern trying to capitalize. I'm hoping a clean up of the code before then too, though really, I think having animators work on what looks like unfinished product might have a bigger impact on sales.* Also I bet we see tmnt in some big tournaments this next year too. This game in a tournament setting would get people interested in it again. It's so amazing watching people get big shots in this game like completing training. On my big game I got a 15mil foot123 shot. Felt amazing.

* is it just me or does some of the animation look as good as anything stern has done (and just really beautiful animation and art) but then plenty of it looks half-baked. I have a feeling the animators didn't manage their time well. I bet they got all excited do some episodes and graphics then were told to hurry up and get it out the door. Just that some episodes have the characters lips moving and some don't is telling to me.

Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Sub mil scores are my norm

I feel ya, my pinball brother. All I can say is listen to splinter. ...except when he says you're not fast enough, then he's just being a troll.

#9030 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Whoever posted that game trailer that they used to mod their game. I ripped the highest quality version of it from YT: https://www.file.io/zeg4/download/z9uydKAGnMvK
1080p. If you end up using it, let me know if it looks better than what you had. Yours looked a little low res and artifacty.

thanks, i did use the 1080 version for the pictures, but it did need to be reduced in size and recoded for the stern machine. this may be the reaseon.
Then i recoded the export of the pinball machine again. this step is in normal gameplay not needed. On the machine it does look ok.
An if you buy the game the 1920x1080 trailer is in the gamefolder

#9031 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

... Also I bet we see tmnt in some big tournaments this next year too...

well, i'm not with you on this... almost until that TP multiball random bug/reset is not corrected !

once its done, than yes TMNT should be considered, as of course its a very nice pin

#9032 1 year ago

On my big game I got a 15mil foot123 shot. Felt amazing.

Whoa! What was your foot amount built up too? I've been trying to focus on ripping the spinner more but still haven't pulled off something like that.

#9033 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what is a sd card?

serious?

#9034 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Whoa! What was your foot amount built up too? I've been trying to focus on ripping the spinner more but still haven't pulled off something like that.

I wish I took notice. I'm pretty sure I had the 3x pf multiplier going so I'd have to guess around 5mil. Which is crazy. I did have some epic mb's, I'm guessing that's were a lot of the orbit shots came from.
Separately, I finally got a pizza party going in Team Up today. I've been so close so many times but that lair shot kills me when it's the only shot to make. I feel the "rescue any" perk (from I think it's called 'I need a body' episode) is a must. It feels the perks are a bit lopsided. For instance the Slash episode is so tough (or maybe it's just got into my head) but the perks is something that is useless 90% of the time. The 2 krang epps seem to be the most useful. So are the epps that spots a bad guy from other shots.
...but Dwight does seem to have some 'wammies' in the game. Things that you try to avoid, so maybe Slash is one of them. Other wammies I've noticed is the anchovies ((very low value) humour maybe?) and the marshmallows ('unlimited jackpots'?) in NPMB.
Anyways, I've never been good at watching and strategizing modes, but I'm starting to get there on tmnt.
Question for you guys, is there anyway to selectively delete a high score? I've been trying to get my wife into the game and I think she's warming up to Don. Unfortunately a friend put up a 50mil score on it (I think via co-op mode). I'd like to clear it so she could possibly get on the board but I don't want to erase my big one. :/ I had a look through the settings and didn't see any obvious option to do this.

#9035 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i'm not with you on this... almost until that TP multiball random bug/reset is not corrected !
once its done, than yes TMNT should be considered, as of course its a very nice pin

I know what you mean. If it crashes during a big game it would not be good for it's rep.
I haven't had the crash in ages now. I feel like if you had a game that's been played a lot (and hasn't been freshly updated) it *might* be OK.
But you would hope this would put presure on stern to invest some time into fixing the bug. Fix the crash bug, put in tournaments, watch money come in. ...but they have so many other games in demand maybe it's low priority. :/

#9036 1 year ago

For any of you out there that has done this:

Can anyone please explain the best process for removing the Turtle Van? I have a pro and I see Lance Armstrong and nothing else.

#9037 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

For any of you out there that has done this:
Can anyone please explain the best process for removing the Turtle Van? I have a pro and I see Lance Armstrong and nothing else.

I don't get the Armstrong reference but I do get why you might want to get rid of a sketchy association.

The van is attached with 2 screws from under the large plastic. You have to remove one other smaller plastic on the right to remove it though. Fortunately you don't have to take off any ramps. Mine's a pro but I'm not the first owner and the van was turned to face the player. The back plastic over the ramp was removed already so I'm not sure but you might have to remove it first.
GL

#9038 1 year ago

Why would you want to remove the van?

#9039 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Does anyone have an idea of the current going price for a brand new playfield?
Like a lot of other people I received the poorly printed playfield on my NIB TMNT back in 2020. I then received a brand new unpopulated playfield with the better quality print job. I'm never going to get around to swapping them, so figured I'd maybe throw it up for sale. I don't recall seeing many listed for sale, so curious what peoples thoughts are on pricing for a brand new playfield.

I've seen play fields for Sterns still in production list for $350. Not sure if those had takers. Mine has ink blots as well as looks like it came out of a bad ink jet. But I got it in a trade so no hope for a replacement from Stern for me.

If you are considering selling yours, I may be interested.

#9040 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I don't get the Armstrong reference but I do get why you might want to get rid of a sketchy association.
The van is attached with 2 screws from under the large plastic. You have to remove one other smaller plastic on the right to remove it though. Fortunately you don't have to take off any ramps. Mine's a pro but I'm not the first owner and the van was turned to face the player. The back plastic over the ramp was removed already so I'm not sure but you might have to remove it first.
GL

Thank you!

Sorry, "Lance Armstrong" is what my friends say when a situation involves one nut.

#9041 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Thank you!
Sorry, "Lance Armstrong" is what my friends say when a situation involves one nut.

Ahh, lol, well there's 2 screws instead so I'd say there's a different dad joke in there.

#9043 1 year ago

So my glider servo is dead. Looking back on the thread, someone suggested getting servo HS-645MG from ServoCity and have them reverse the direction from clockwise to counter-clockwise. I just called them and they said they no longer offer that service.

Anyone have a recommendation of any other servos that will work on the glider? I don't want to replace the whole $300 mechanism if I just have to swap out a $30 servo.

#9044 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So my glider servo is dead. Looking back on the thread, someone suggested getting servo HS-645MG from ServoCity and have them reverse the direction from clockwise to counter-clockwise. I just called them and they said they no longer offer that service.

Anyone have a recommendation of any other servos that will work on the glider? I don't want to replace the whole $300 mechanism if I just have to swap out a $30 servo.

Are you able to solder? I believe you can open up the servo and reverse some wires to switch from clockwise to counter-clockwise.

#9045 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Post that question in the Everything RC thread. It's been a while for me since I've dug into rc servos but someone there should know.

#9046 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone have a recommendation of any other servos that will work on the glider?

HiTec HS-7955TG - The benefit of a digital servo (at least this HiTec model and several others), is that they're programmable and its rotation can be reversed via desktop software - instead of having to mess with reversing wires by solder/wire cutting

#9047 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I am the one that started that thread, you can open it up and swap the wires. Its fairly simple if you have a cheap solder gun. Not sure if you can add a digital servo in there to replace an analog one.

#9048 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I am the one that started that thread, you can open it up and swap the wires. Its fairly simple if you have a cheap solder gun. Not sure if you can add a digital servo in there to replace an analog one.

How difficult is it to get the servo out? I ordered the HS-422 servo off Amazon and plan on swapping the positive and negative to reverse direction. Is there a way to get the servo out without removing any wireframes?

#9049 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

How difficult is it to get the servo out? I ordered the HS-422 servo off Amazon and plan on swapping the positive and negative to reverse direction. Is there a way to get the servo out without removing any wireframes?

You need to remove both wireframes to get the glider out - which is actually not too bad considering how hard it is to get at some posts to replace the rubbers. Let's not even talk how hard it is to get at the rubbers in the pops or to remove the van. Once those wireframes are removed, it's fairly simple.

Just go screw by screw and take pictures of each screw and element before you remove them. Place the screws/plastics/whatever in numbered bags. Start at one and use as many bags with numbers as you have pictures. I use a bunch of small zip loc bags and paper tape with permanent marker whenever I'm taking more than one thing off the playfield.

#9050 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I haven't had to mess with my servo yet, but I have had to change the optos on the glider diverter. Taking everything off the playfield is generally the easy part. When you go to reassemble everything- "Dry fit" the glider mech, and the two wire ramps BEFORE adding any screws. When I first tried to reassemble everything I held the glider mech in place and tried to force all three screws in- this was a TERRIBLE MISTAKE and I ended up sheering the left post for the center ramp clean in half. Thankfully marco has that post and I was able to replace it without much issue. I just wanted to warn you so you dont make the same mistake I did lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.