(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 240.
#8951 1 year ago

I like using a level 4 Raphael because it makes the episode scoring more exciting.

#8952 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

That's the thing though. The balance is off. If you focus on building it all game and then are able to collect on your final ball, it might be worth some points. But really, that time and effort could be better spent on things like MB and Episodes where you have an easier time finding points.
Out of curiosity, do you know what your biggest 123 Foot collect has been?

Well yeah, totally, if you only aimed to get a max foot123 your not going to have a great score. A good game would probably be between 5-10mil I'd guess. But I think it's more designed to work in combination with other modes and hurry ups. For instance your likely get a krang or 2 and some value from when the right orbit goes to the pops trying to get food123. Although that's not a lot of points either.
But also, like I said, I think foot123 is meant to be a (thematic) annoyance as much as an opportunity for points.
I'm curious too about a max points. I vaguely remember a good completion worth around 2 mil., which is around what you get for a good completed epp.
For any strategy that goes for any of the hurryups as main points though you'd have to pick the right turtle and level up. I think it's Don for foot123. So, Don L3 and a 2x pf could get you the best chance of a huge foot payout. I'd guess 3 to 6 mil. just for the foot123.

Quoted from delt31:

Wait so you guys qualify the foot mode but don’t try to win it until ball 3? Since it times out I’m assuming you then just qualify it again on call 3? I forget how to qualify as it just seems to happen all the time

No, I just mean you I dont purposely go to complete it on ball 1 or 2 because the value will be higher on ball 3. The value increases with the spinner. I find IF I complete it early (often by accident) I only score a few hundred thousand. Plus, like many hurry ups in pinball it's there as a diversion. If you can stay focused on your strategy instead, especially if it's safe shots, you'll get further into the game and have a better score.
J

#8953 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

But also, like I said, I think foot123 is meant to be a (thematic) annoyance as much as an opportunity for points.
I'm curious too about a max points. I vaguely remember a good completion worth around 2 mil., which is around what you get for a good completed epp.

I wish Foot123 was a mode you had to qualify rather than just being lit at the start of every ball. Maybe it's lit after every 2 episodes (adjustable) and each successive one is worth more points, especially if you beat the previous one. Even have another option so it's lit at game start if you want (default yes).

Rob

#8954 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish Foot123 was a mode you had to qualify rather than just being lit at the start of every ball. Maybe it's lit after every 2 episodes (adjustable) and each successive one is worth more points, especially if you beat the previous one. Even have another option so it's lit at game start if you want (default yes).
Rob

That would be cool. I could see that.

#8955 1 year ago

Any thoughts of a shaker motor in turtles. I have one and am deciding if I should put it in turtles or zeppelin.

#8956 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Any thoughts of a shaker motor in turtles. I have one and am deciding if I should put it in turtles or zeppelin.

Either hate or love it at multiball.

#8957 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

It's good for the most part. One thing that might annoy you is during the start of Pizza Multiball (when the 3 balls are spinning on the pizza disc) it shakes super loud and makes a ton of noise.

Edit: I also have a shaker in Led Zep, and I'd put it in TMNT if I had to choose one.

#8958 1 year ago

I've been getting back into pinball podcasts again and I just listened to a couple on Dwight Sullivan:
This one is more of a history of his career and games. It really emphasizes his love of 'moments' in pinball (I think there's a ton in tmnt; my favorites are completing weapon and training, anyways...). But also talks about his games known for having bugs which they seem to connect to his complicated codes (hmh, :/ )

https://thepinballnetwork555350716.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/silverball-chronicles-ep-11-dwight-sullivan-the-creation-of-complexity/
...oh, they also talk about how a lot of his games have hidden things and flipper codes. Sounds like he was one of the first to start doing this. I haven't come across any in tmnt, has anyone else? Seems like a perfect game for some clever Easter eggs.

This one is an interview with him right after TMNT came out (I'm sure it's been posted here before on one of the 180 pages). But it's a good one and has lots of into on how the code came together and potential for future fixes:

Listen to Ep 37: Talkin' Turtles with Dwight Sullivan by LoserKid Pinball Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/1rcQJ
...some really good stuff on what tough choices he had to make including relegating Casey Jones to a team up member. Earlier it sounds like they wanted to have him as a secondary character like splinter and April. Including having his own target.

Anyways, just wanted to share because appreciating Dwight's coding has increased my love for this game. The code is really underrated and I think a lot of players get hung up on criticizing the gameplay and completely miss that the code is so well thematically integrated into the game.

#8959 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I've been getting back into pinball podcasts again and I just listened to a couple on Dwight Sullivan:
This one is more of a history of his career and games. It really emphasizes his love of 'moments' in pinball (I think there's a ton in tmnt; my favorites are completing weapon and training, anyways...). But also talks about his games known for having bugs which they seem to connect to his complicated codes (hmh, :/ )
https://thepinballnetwork555350716.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/silverball-chronicles-ep-11-dwight-sullivan-the-creation-of-complexity/
...oh, they also talk about how a lot of his games have hidden things and flipper codes. Sounds like he was one of the first to start doing this. I haven't come across any in tmnt, has anyone else? Seems like a perfect game for some clever Easter eggs.
This one is an interview with him right after TMNT came out (I'm sure it's been posted here before on one of the 180 pages). But it's a good one and has lots of into on how the code came together and potential for future fixes:
Listen to Ep 37: Talkin' Turtles with Dwight Sullivan by LoserKid Pinball Podcast on #SoundCloud
...some really good stuff on what tough choices he had to make including relegating Casey Jones to a team up member. Earlier it sounds like they wanted to have him as a secondary character like splinter and April. Including having his own target.
Anyways, just wanted to share because appreciating Dwight's coding has increased my love for this game. The code is really underrated and I think a lot of players get hung up on criticizing the gameplay and completely miss that the code is so well thematically integrated into the game.

4l 1r 5l 1r 1l 2r

#8960 1 year ago

Been noticing that the ball isn’t getting stopped after plunge for the jet lane skill shot. It just shoots all the way around every time. Anyone else have this happen?

#8961 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Been noticing that the ball isn’t getting stopped after plunge for the jet lane skill shot. It just shoots all the way around every time. Anyone else have this happen?

Check the alignment of the up post. Mine was binding for the turtle van lock. had to oblong the bracket holes to center it.

#8962 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

4l 1r 5l 1r 1l 2r

That's great. Thanks man.

#8963 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Check the alignment of the up post. Mine was binding for the turtle van lock. had to oblong the bracket holes to center it.

Coil was missing one wire lol. Easy fix.

#8964 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I agree. The code is really overlooked because people get hung up on how fast/difficult this game is, from a design / mechanics standpoint.

When it finally clicks, it REALLY clicks. But it takes more of a personal time investment from the player than other machines, in terms of patience and curbing your own frustrating. If you tend to play mad pinball, you'll get real mad. One of the things I've done to save my sanity is to stick a "De-BORGer" on the left outlane. Just a little cabinet door stopper that prevents so many un-preventable left outlane drains.

The only real complaint I have right now, is that the Neutrino Pizza Party mode is locked behind THREE level 4 training modes.... that's just way too much for it to be realistically attainable by anyone. It's also a really short mode that you can flub in 10-15 seconds, so to do ALL that work for so little payoff is very frustrating. Like, ONE level 4 training mode is a lot as-is, and would be my suggestion. If you already have a level 4 turtle, redo that 4th level training mode to unlock Neutrino Pizza Party. I really loved how NPP was available right out the gate for level 3+ players, but I understand wanting to keep that mode behind a bit of a wall. It's just that 3X level 4 training is kind of ridiculously unattainable.

I've been enjoying the latest code for its fixes and extra callouts, but I'm probably going to revert back to the previous version, because I miss Neutrino Pizza Party

I'm still also hoping / dreaming for some kind of "prestige" for resetting your turtles back to level 1. It gives you an incentive to reset your levels, instead of camping out at level 4 all the time. A simple, cosmetic icon next to the turtles' level status, like "prestige 3" or something, for going through all the training modes 3 times, for example, would be enough of a vanity incentive to make me reset my turtles constantly, haha. Like, you could strut up to a machine and be level 1, but have prestige 38 or something, and impress all your pinhead pals. Tie it to your profiles, etc.

#8965 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I agree. The code is really overlooked because people get hung up on how fast/difficult this game is, from a design / mechanics standpoint.
When it finally clicks, it REALLY clicks. But it takes more of a personal time investment from the player than other machines, in terms of patience and curbing your own frustrating. If you tend to play mad pinball, you'll get real mad. One of the things I've done to save my sanity is to stick a "De-BORGer" on the left outlane. Just a little cabinet door stopper that prevents so many un-preventable left outlane drains.
The only real complaint I have right now, is that the Neutrino Pizza Party mode is locked behind THREE level 4 training modes.... that's just way too much for it to be realistically attainable by anyone. It's also a really short mode that you can flub in 10-15 seconds, so to do ALL that work for so little payoff is very frustrating. Like, ONE level 4 training mode is a lot as-is, and would be my suggestion. If you already have a level 4 turtle, redo that 4th level training mode to unlock Neutrino Pizza Party. I really loved how NPP was available right out the gate for level 3+ players, but I understand wanting to keep that mode behind a bit of a wall. It's just that 3X level 4 training is kind of ridiculously unattainable.
I've been enjoying the latest code for its fixes and extra callouts, but I'm probably going to revert back to the previous version, because I miss Neutrino Pizza Party
I'm still also hoping / dreaming for some kind of "prestige" for resetting your turtles back to level 1. It gives you an incentive to reset your levels, instead of camping out at level 4 all the time. A simple, cosmetic icon next to the turtles' level status, like "prestige 3" or something, for going through all the training modes 3 times, for example, would be enough of a vanity incentive to make me reset my turtles constantly, haha. Like, you could strut up to a machine and be level 1, but have prestige 38 or something, and impress all your pinhead pals. Tie it to your profiles, etc.

I've fought myself from 'de-borging' mine. Like the rest of the game I'm (still) trying to take it as a challenge. Once the ball is close though there's no saving it; I've never been able to shimmy it out. The only thing is to be proactive on the dangerous bounces. Mine seems to be the top of the right sling and the top left corner of the left inlane rubber. When I recognize it I'll give it a good nudge forward, bump or good shake. Often getting a warning and Ive got it set pretty loose. But I've been really close some days in putting a rubber bumper in. Can be so frustrating when you get a ball save then the ball screams down the left outlane again.
I hear you on nuetrino. I'd like to see it come back and have another incentive added after L3. Or make the training a bit easier like have a ball saver for L2 and 3 (it is supposed to be 'training' after all). I think training is under powered as it it. But I love it so much I'm a sucker for it. ...and when you do have a good game it does pay off. I've been playing mikey lately, get l2, then work the April hurry ups through mb's. I've gotten about 5mil on some April cash outs.
I don't have an IC and I don't see the benefit at the moment, imo. My main barcade I frequent has a godzilla, rush and LZ with it and I hardly ever log in. I do like the idea of keeping track of your progress over time (in general, not the leveling up in tmnt) but I still have never logged in to check it. Anyways, just me. I get the frustration around the leveling up holds. The whole idea seems a bit half baked. But it sound like it might've been an afterthought as Dwight said in an interview just after release that there was no plans for IC on turtles. Hopefully him or one of the team is working on tweaking it.

#8966 1 year ago

Hey ya'll - The topic is so full of this stuff and it's hard to search through it all... But I am getting lock-ups on TPMB. Usually happens when I have a mode running / completed and Starting the TPMB. Seems odd... No clue Assume code related. Only happened after the newest update.

#8967 1 year ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Hey ya'll - The topic is so full of this stuff and it's hard to search through it all... But I am getting lock-ups on TPMB. Usually happens when I have a mode running / completed and Starting the TPMB. Seems odd... No clue Assume code related. Only happened after the newest update.

This is a bug that lots of folks have reported. We’re pretty sure it’s been around since before the last update. I have only had it happen twice but I expect it happens more often to better players or folks playing as Donatello regularly.

#8968 1 year ago

It’s been happening since original code basically.

#8969 1 year ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Some people theorize it has to do with a bad write to the SD card. Sometimes it goes away after playing on a updated card for a while, but perhaps re-writing it freshly could help if you have experienced it more than once. You can also contact Stern to see if they have any recommendations.

#8970 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

That's great. Thanks man.

try these:
All start with a both flippers pressed then a sequence of x lefts, 1 right, x lefts, 1 right, x lefts, 2 rights please have a look at 1 2 3
B= Both, L= Left, R=Right
7 1 4
1 9 7
4 5 1 = Deadflip
4 4 6
3 3 3
1 2 3 = B 1L 1R 2L 1R 3L 2R = B L R LL R LLL RR
20 20 1
18 1 25
12 11 16

#8971 1 year ago

Curious if anyone has the Michelangelo and Donatello plastics by the flippers that they want to sell?

#8972 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious if anyone has the Michelangelo and Donatello plastics by the flippers that they want to sell?

I would have to go pretty far back but there was definitely someone in this thread who removed theirs to install a mod and then asked if anyone was interested in buying them.

#8973 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Some people theorize it has to do with a bad write to the SD card. Sometimes it goes away after playing on a updated card for a while, but perhaps re-writing it freshly could help if you have experienced it more than once. You can also contact Stern to see if they have any recommendations.

my theory is a voltage spike/dip that locks up some chip

#8974 1 year ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Please report it like every time. The only way this is going to get fixed is by constant nagging.
...but, I found that it happens less the more you play it and more likely to happen after you update. It's worth trying a new SD card though. It's not logical why it would help when it keeps happening at a specific time in the code, but it does seem to help a lot of people for some reason.
New SD card + time is what I'd suggest. (And reporting, ABR ...always be reporting.

Quoted from cabal:

try these:
All start with a both flippers pressed then a sequence of x lefts, 1 right, x lefts, 1 right, x lefts, 2 rights please have a look at 1 2 3
B= Both, L= Left, R=Right
7 1 4
1 9 7
4 5 1 = Deadflip
4 4 6
3 3 3
1 2 3 = B 1L 1R 2L 1R 3L 2R = B L R LL R LLL RR
20 20 1
18 1 25
12 11 16

Oh man, thanks. So many! Can't wait to try them, I'm currently moding and cleaning mine, but when I'm done I'll try them out.

Speaking of having my game pulled apart, as I started to install the mezel mods technodrone I think I may have stumbled on what might be one of the problems of the pizza parlor rattle out/bricks:
20220607_121512 (resized).jpg20220607_121512 (resized).jpg
I think one of these two rail guides (if that's the correct term) is the culprit. The rail going up leads to a lip of the 2nd curved rail; if it was the reverse it'd be fine (i think). I was able to move the plastic off to the side with only having to take the center ramp off. Took some time, but this always bugs me so I decided to just go at it. Not sure what I'll do. I'm going to either move the rails a few mil or try increasing the curve with some vice grips. I'll report back to let you guys know if it was worth it.
J

#8975 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

my theory is a voltage spike/dip that locks up some chip

That's a good theory. If that's the case maybe they can reduce some of the load (somewhere) when you hit the lit ramp (...?) It's got to be tricky though since it's so inconsistent. It's funny how stern replaced a cpu board for someone here earlier on. I don't think it is the board itself though since the same board is used for so many other games.

#8976 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Oh man, thanks. So many! Can't wait to try them, I'm currently moding and cleaning mine, but when I'm done I'll try them out.

J

yes dwight games are full of fun stuff. Some have midnight madness, some got flipper codes, or the additional modes like Half shell challenge.

#8977 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I would have to go pretty far back but there was definitely someone in this thread who removed theirs to install a mod and then asked if anyone was interested in buying them.

Thanks. Looks like they posted a year ago in Post 4046. They were wanting $50 per piece which is way out of my price range. Appreciate the heads up though. If anyone else has them and looking to sell, let me know.

#8978 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks. Looks like they posted a year ago in Post 4046. They were wanting $50 per piece which is way out of my price range. Appreciate the heads up though. If anyone else has them and looking to sell, let me know.

You could email Stern support and ask for replacements. I would hope they only charge you their cost for the part. My experience is that Stern support is very responsive and friendly. Free of charge, they sent me out a tiny plastic spacer that went awol after installing a playfield protector.

#8979 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

That's a good theory. If that's the case maybe they can reduce some of the load (somewhere) when you hit the lit ramp (...?) It's got to be tricky though since it's so inconsistent. It's funny how stern replaced a cpu board for someone here earlier on. I don't think it is the board itself though since the same board is used for so many other games.

could be a coincidence but i turned down GI brightness and havent had any lockups in months. not sure how much voltage difference that might make if any

#8980 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

could be a coincidence but i turned down GI brightness and havent had any lockups in months. not sure how much voltage difference that might make if any

Interesting. You would think stern would have some diagnostic ability to catch this. ...but let's not get back into sterns QC. ...actually let's, because I've got a got a few more picks from the parlor rails:
20220607_140243 (resized).jpg20220607_140243 (resized).jpg
20220607_140512 (resized).jpg20220607_140512 (resized).jpg
This screams of crappy QC. I bet this drives guys like Borg nuts. You spend tons of time play testing and crap like this shows up on ...well it sounds like the majority of machines. It's so obvious too once the plastics are off. Can't wait to try a game after I fix this. It's going to make more of a difference on the enjoyment of this game than any mod.

#8981 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

This screams of crappy QC. I bet this drives guys like Borg nuts. You spend tons of time play testing and crap like this shows up on ...well it sounds like the majority of machines. It's so obvious too once the plastics are off. Can't wait to try a game after I fix this. It's going to make more of a difference on the enjoyment of this game than any mod.

Just a heads up to Premium owners: accessing this area of the playfield is an ENORMOUS pain in the ass.

#8982 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Yeah, it happened on mine. Did a coil test and found the up-lock wasn’t firing. I haven’t had a chance to dive into it, but I’m assuming that coil is bad. Should be an easy fix… hopefully.

#8983 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Just a heads up to Premium owners: accessing this area of the playfield is an ENORMOUS pain in the ass.

Yeah, I bet. I guess I should've mentioned I have a pro.
Fixed:
20220607_144532 (resized).jpg20220607_144532 (resized).jpg
20220607_144459 (resized).jpg20220607_144459 (resized).jpg
I'd say about 50 steps to get to this. And this is without actually taking most of the plastics off, just shifting the 2 around it.
Still have some other things to do, I'll get back with a review of how if the parlor shoots better. I'm also cleaning and waxing so I'll give a review after I can actually see the ball fly around instead of just a blur.

#8984 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Either hate or love it at multiball.

Everyone's eyes light up the first time they get a multiball with the shaker on, especially The Pizza multiball. I still get surprised by it if it's been a while.

#8985 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I design mechanical systems and parts like this for a living and also teach younger designers and engineers how to deal with real world material issues. Although you are correct, this is absolutely something that SHOULD have been caught as a problem during QC, I'd be willing to believe this inner rail guide is produced within the tolerances given (though a quick check of the detail drawing would confirm or deny this belief). I'd personally be very particular about calling out the maximum allowable angle at the tip of this bend on a detail drawing as, from experience, I know that short bends like this at the end of a piece of sheet steel can be problematic during fabrication.

#8986 1 year ago

Anybody find a solution for lost apron art?
I couldn’t bring myself to install the ugly insider sticker, the bare black looks better than that.

If not, would anybody ( that is capable) be willing print some turtles art on a sticker i could trim?

(I like the concept of coindoor mount but nobody offers a panel that sits flush and that bothers my ocd too bad.)

04B0031D-AC0F-42F5-9B27-1E1A76D38326 (resized).jpeg04B0031D-AC0F-42F5-9B27-1E1A76D38326 (resized).jpeg
#8987 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Anybody find a solution for lost apron art?
I couldn’t bring myself to install the ugly insider sticker, the bare black looks better than that.
If not, would anybody ( that is capable) be willing print some turtles art on a sticker i could trim?
(I like the concept of coindoor mount but nobody offers a panel that sits flush and that bothers my ocd too bad.)
[quoted image]

Print a coin door connector insider mount. And put your artwork back in.

Few different options.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5232305

Screenshot_20220607-191803_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220607-191803_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8988 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Print a coin door connector insider mount. And put your artwork back in.
Few different options.

Yeah like the concept, but I’m gonna match my coin door to the le trim. The only steel coindoor mount offered doesn’t have flanges bent into it, so it’s sits back behind the opening and I don’t like the look.

#8989 1 year ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

I design mechanical systems and parts like this for a living and also teach younger designers and engineers how to deal with real world material issues. Although you are correct, this is absolutely something that SHOULD have been caught as a problem during QC, I'd be willing to believe this inner rail guide is produced within the tolerances given (though a quick check of the detail drawing would confirm or deny this belief). I'd personally be very particular about calling out the maximum allowable angle at the tip of this bend on a detail drawing as, from experience, I know that short bends like this at the end of a piece of sheet steel can be problematic during fabrication.

Oh yeah, I totally get that in manufacturing the rail itself might not have been the problem. Although IF the bolt holes (technical term ) were set up to be drilled in the right place, the minimum bend tolerance should've been aligned strait with the lower guide. If it was bent in, it would be less of an issue for the shot ...I'd have to guess.
But then, separately, someone should've been looking at this on the line. It could've been fixed on the line in less than a minute if the tools and knowhow is there. No hyperbole, now that I've done it once it would take me less than a minute to fix. ...not counting the half hour removing everything to get to it of course.
I get though that it's not as simple as it sounds. Who knows how many other issues they may have had and fixed on the production floor as they went. I believe they were having staffing issues as early as when tmnt was on the line too. But it just really sucks as it's such a good game and making an important shot unreliable.

I've since played a couple games. There's still a bit of rattling but I feel like there were less harsh rejects. But I also installed a bunch of mods and a shaker motor so I was a bit distracted. Man, that shaker motor at NPMB!! And Holy crap this game is FAST after a clean and wax. I had a ball fly off the right habit trail right over the inlane to the area the outlane leads to (whatever that's called). I was watching it even and I have no idea where it jumped off, it was a total blur.

#8990 1 year ago

Man it’s bad when you get up n set on the side of the bed at 2:30 am and think I might as well check pinside out and see what’s happening.

#8991 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Yeah, I bet. I guess I should've mentioned I have a pro.
Fixed:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'd say about 50 steps to get to this. And this is without actually taking most of the plastics off, just shifting the 2 around it.
Still have some other things to do, I'll get back with a review of how if the parlor shoots better. I'm also cleaning and waxing so I'll give a review after I can actually see the ball fly around instead of just a blur.

Well...fuck. Now I have to go look at mine. I caught this EXACT flow-stopper-ball-knicker on another game just recently too! Ugh.

#8992 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Oh yeah, I totally get that in manufacturing the rail itself might not have been the problem. Although IF the bolt holes (technical term ) were set up to be drilled in the right place, the minimum bend tolerance should've been aligned strait with the lower guide. If it was bent in, it would be less of an issue for the shot ...I'd have to guess.
But then, separately, someone should've been looking at this on the line. It could've been fixed on the line in less than a minute if the tools and knowhow is there. No hyperbole, now that I've done it once it would take me less than a minute to fix. ...not counting the half hour removing everything to get to it of course.
I get though that it's not as simple as it sounds. Who knows how many other issues they may have had and fixed on the production floor as they went. I believe they were having staffing issues as early as when tmnt was on the line too. But it just really sucks as it's such a good game and making an important shot unreliable.

To be clear, I don't want to sound like I am giving Stern a pass or anything, just that I can totally understand how something like this rail alignment COULD be missed during the design and build. One thing I absolutely love about owning home pins is that I can bring my knowledge home with me to fix things that have either gone wrong or just marvel at the mechanical design work that someone like me put into it.

On a different note, I am working on a way to beef up the glider mechanism. From a cost standpoint I get the use of that skinny little wire linkage that connects the servo to the glider, but I think I can do better. If it works I'll post back here with the results.

#8993 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Yeah like the concept, but I’m gonna match my coin door to the le trim. The only steel coindoor mount offered doesn’t have flanges bent into it, so it’s sits back behind the opening and I don’t like the look.

If you have any kind of mechanical ability you could take the coin door insert and cut a square out of it and mount the IR reader, you could 3d print a piece that mounts to the back side and glue it to the metal. would be a perfect match that way. just a thought. I have printed one that is a flush mount that is currently on mine, I will look into making the mod for the metal plate.

You have intrigued me, I have a 3d piece that will work to hold on the metal. I am working on finding a tool or cnc to put a hole in the insert easily without damage since I am not powder coating mine, since yours will be coated you can always sand any burrs away before its coated. I will send you any updates

#8994 1 year ago

Got my turtles in the basement. My high score so far is 32 mil with Rafael. Any advantages to picking other turtles to try for a high score??

#8995 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Got my turtles in the basement. My high score so far is 32 mil with Rafael. Any advantages to picking other turtles to try for a high score??

Sounds Like you have the same skill set as me. Even on 5 ball Im stuck at 50m.
My go to is Raph as well. I have insider so that helps a bit with storing my training at level 4.

#8996 1 year ago

I completely suck at this game. But I still love it. I like a challenge.

#8997 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

donatello to start 2x sooner during turtle power & michaelangelo for more ball saves

#8998 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

If you have any kind of mechanical ability you could take the coin door insert and cut a square out of it and mount the IR reader, you could 3d print a piece that mounts to the back side and glue it to the metal. would be a perfect match that way. just a thought. I have printed one that is a flush mount that is currently on mine, I will look into making the mod for the metal plate.
You have intrigued me, I have a 3d piece that will work to hold on the metal. I am working on finding a tool or cnc to put a hole in the insert easily without damage since I am not powder coating mine, since yours will be coated you can always sand any burrs away before its coated. I will send you any updates

Ive thought of cutting the stock door insert, then need to weld on some studs or use epoxy like you mentioned. This is in my skillset no prob. But laziness would prefer to just order and handful of them from gotfrog that is the flanges bent so it sits flush. I asked but he didn't think it was worth it.

With that being the case...
All the new games will have them in the apron, so there's something said for just figuring out a nicer sticker option for the apron on each game. The trick will be getting art that matches the game stylistically. Unlike some of the offerings from Wizard mod.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 9.38.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-09 at 9.38.48 AM (resized).pngb70708c9662a84908ecffb8395deaa001f939e2f (resized).jpgb70708c9662a84908ecffb8395deaa001f939e2f (resized).jpg
#8999 1 year ago

These little guys finally arrived! I will be working on designing some 3D printed mounts so they can be installed without ugly cable ties, adhesives or glue. There’s 6 mousers total and a bunch of tiny accessories, broken mouser parts, and rats. I’m probably going to add two to three.

Lemon for scale.

04379738-D0D5-447B-A29B-2D1677F88997 (resized).jpeg04379738-D0D5-447B-A29B-2D1677F88997 (resized).jpeg

15568F0B-102A-4126-8EDA-FDB9691B3DBB (resized).jpeg15568F0B-102A-4126-8EDA-FDB9691B3DBB (resized).jpeg
#9000 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

These little guys finally arrived! I will be working on designing some 3D printed mounts so they can be installed without ugly cable ties, adhesives or glue. There’s 6 mousers total and a bunch of tiny accessories, broken mouser parts, and rats. I’m probably going to add two to three.
Lemon for scale.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got my set too! Even had a vhs tape model in there lol.
I'm going to use small amounts of alien tape like all of my other mods. Not sure I'm going to use every single one of these mousers since there's quite a few. Maybe add some to my custom topper?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.