(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 240.
#801 3 years ago

Anyone else getting a LOUD speaker pop when extra ball is awarded? For example, the bonus spin after a game or when hitting 10 mil score?

At first I thought it was (strange) design choice but I’m beginning to think it’s a bug or a glitched audio file. It causes the video to freeze momentarily when playing.

I am on LE v1.04, which the game shipped with.

What are you guys hearing on extra ball?

#802 3 years ago

Make sure it’s not the patented stern replay knocker screech. It’s normal if so. You can turn it off in the settings or buy a physical knocker if you want.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure it’s not the patented stern replay knocker screech. It’s normal if so. You can turn it off in the settings or buy a physical knocker if you want.

ah, you’re right—disabled, did the trick. I think it’s the fancy speakers making it sound different?

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

ah, you’re right—disabled, did the trick. I think it’s the fancy speakers making it sound different?

Not that I’ve noticed. Annoying as always.

#805 3 years ago

What kind of scores are you guys seeing? Is 70 million decent? Anyone break 100?

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What kind of scores are you guys seeing? Is 70 million decent? Anyone break 100?

I am just breaking 30mil in the Pro.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

70 million is pretty outstanding imo. I've broken 100 million a handful of times after about 50 games or so. Every time was a mix of keeping my 2x going and getting to Final Battle.

#808 3 years ago

Any playfield issues out there?

I just bought a newer run JP premium and it seems ok. Want tmnt pro, but after just seeing what Stern did to the guy with the Jurassic Park replacement in the playfield issues thread I am questioning things. They sent him a used damaged playfield to replace his defective playfield. Face palm. I hope that was a mistake.

#809 3 years ago

So i played this today at an arcade...never watched or gave a crap about the cartoon...didn't want to like it because i felt the theme was stupid....holy crap was it fun. And it was only a pro. I can't imagine how fun the premium/LE must me....

#810 3 years ago

not having any issues out the ride side into the shooter lane.. but is anyone having their ball launch and drain immediately into the left outlane when they hit that ramp rly hard? if I'm having a good game I'll switch the diverter to the right side just to play it safe.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

70's very good. I only have one 90 so far.

#812 3 years ago

Glad it’s a lower scoring game. Not a huge fan of JJP low, but was a fan of Munsters scoring where 2-300m was a good score. Makes it seem like much more of an achievement getting a good score. Personally, once you get over 1b the scores all seem the same to me.

Seems like Dwight is taking that path here also. Also seems to fit the retro theme for some reason - from an era when scores were lower.

#813 3 years ago

The scoring on this game makes 0 sense to me. Multiball seems to be the only thing that scores any points. Started and finished a mode today with less than 1M on the ball.

#814 3 years ago

Type 13 speaker light kit from Speaker Light Kits on TMNT LE #84. Easy 15 minute install. Dozens of different lighting modes, endless customization features, remote control. A low-cost and highly visible modification for your machine for less than $100. Highly recommended.

http://speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

7C754D9A-EF9C-488B-886B-74BD1774FF3B (resized).jpeg7C754D9A-EF9C-488B-886B-74BD1774FF3B (resized).jpeg8664D87C-2708-429C-8CAA-A8FEC33FD379 (resized).jpeg8664D87C-2708-429C-8CAA-A8FEC33FD379 (resized).jpeg9E695BF4-27C4-45E6-B6CF-FF5EB6079E42 (resized).jpeg9E695BF4-27C4-45E6-B6CF-FF5EB6079E42 (resized).jpegA90D6A7F-2719-438B-87E3-EAA993FFD608 (resized).jpegA90D6A7F-2719-438B-87E3-EAA993FFD608 (resized).jpeg
#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The scoring on this game makes 0 sense to me. Multiball seems to be the only thing that scores any points. Started and finished a mode today with less than 1M on the ball.

Can’t speak for the rules, was just referring to overall scoring levels.

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I had over 110mil on my very first game... until the owner accidentally aborted the game with the new end game feature :/ We were more like 30-50mil after that. Gonna go play some now

#817 3 years ago

I’m in!!! 411

D45D2EBB-3639-4B3E-892F-F45C78FA00BE (resized).jpegD45D2EBB-3639-4B3E-892F-F45C78FA00BE (resized).jpeg
#818 3 years ago

Turtles #36 in the house!!!
My kid was so excited for this one!!

I seriously suck at it tho! Highest score is like 26 mil. And I’m also having the hardest time hitting the middle ramp off the upper flipper!! Game is super brutal and fast! Had a game literally last 3 min.

Also, pinstadiums installed. Makes the colors pop even more!!

35D48DEE-FE0E-424C-8BD9-F08E06D4C795 (resized).jpeg35D48DEE-FE0E-424C-8BD9-F08E06D4C795 (resized).jpegA45DE9BA-48D0-4D7E-B9AD-0A03789B4109 (resized).jpegA45DE9BA-48D0-4D7E-B9AD-0A03789B4109 (resized).jpeg
#819 3 years ago

What's the consensus on the LE diverter? Is it one of those things you're never really going to use or does it actually have value in the game rules and shot map? Is there a specific mode that uses it?

Rob

#820 3 years ago

So i have a pro and LE 296

What does stern do differently with LE versions of games? Does anyone else agree that they just seem different?

More solid feel when playing?

i can’t really put my finger on it but the feedback from the buttons and the over all experience is different.

I’ve felt this way on other LEs as well.

Anyone agree?

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So i have a pro and LE 296
What does stern do differently with LE versions of games? Does anyone else agree that they just seem different?
More solid feel when playing?
i can’t really put my finger on it but the feedback from the buttons and the over all experience is different.
I’ve felt this way on other LEs as well.
Anyone agree?

Well when you add more toys/mechs, shaker, and metal apron it's going to weigh more and feel more solid when nudging. At least they put service rails back on pro's, when they had those pegs they really were light and felt cheaper.

#822 3 years ago

I’ve always thought it’s the nice powder coated armor.

The cheap feel comes from the lower level armor imo.

GOT premium and pro that I’ve owned feel light and cheap.

AC/DC prem and STH LE feel like tanks.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What's the consensus on the LE diverter? Is it one of those things you're never really going to use or does it actually have value in the game rules and shot map? Is there a specific mode that uses it?
Rob

I’d also like to know this been watching a lot of streams and I’m kinda liking the pro more, mainly the stopper instead of the diverter seems to give you a little break from the lightening speed of the game.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d also like to know this been watching a lot of streams and I’m kinda liking the pro more, mainly the stopper instead of the diverter seems to give you a little break from the lightening speed of the game.

I didn't see the point of the stopper on the pro, either, but I've grown to appreciate it on long games as a short time to shake out my arms.

#825 3 years ago

Speaker kit and PinMonk quiet fan kit installed. Quiet fan is awesome. Green looks great.

FA2F995D-BFAA-481B-BF7F-3F154081BA59 (resized).jpegFA2F995D-BFAA-481B-BF7F-3F154081BA59 (resized).jpeg
#826 3 years ago

Hey random rookie pin owner question here.

How do I check number of plays on my LE machine? Some way to get it to boot into that menu that displays it on the screen? First time owner so apologize for the rookie question.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Hey random rookie pin owner question here.
How do I check number of plays on my LE machine? Some way to get it to boot into that menu that displays it on the screen? First time owner so apologize for the rookie question.

Open coin door

Press the black button on the inside of the door.

Pull the white button near the hinge of the door out until it clicks.

Navigate the menus using the flipper buttons using the start button as enter.

Find the audits menu.

Then select standard audits. It will be in there.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Some way to get it to boot into that menu that displays it on the screen?

Actually a good idea to have play audits display on boot.

But unfortunately not possible - see chuckwurt above.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve always thought it’s the nice powder coated armor.
The cheap feel comes from the lower level armor imo.
GOT premium and pro that I’ve owned feel light and cheap.
AC/DC prem and STH LE feel like tanks.

I agree Chuck. I think armor actually tightens the feel of it, and call me crazy but having an OEM shaker also adds to the feel of it for some reason. I’ve always thought that the prem/LE versions just feel more solid even with the flipper and sling mechs but can’t put my finger on why.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I agree Chuck. I think armor actually tightens the feel of it, and call me crazy but having an OEM shaker also adds to the feel of it for some reason. I’ve always thought that the prem/LE versions just feel more solid even with the flipper and sling mechs but can’t put my finger on why.

It’s really strange how much i enjoy the LE over the pro. I have them side by side and received my pro first. I must admit i was disappointed.after playing the LE however it feels so much more satisfying to shoot. It’s like a different game.

This sucks for me because all of my Stern’s have been pros until now. It makes me want to consider LEs in the future.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It’s really strange how much i enjoy the LE over the pro. I have them side by side and received my pro first. I must admit i was disappointed.after playing the LE however it feels so much more satisfying to shoot. It’s like a different game.
This sucks for me because all of my Stern’s have been pros until now. It makes me want to consider LEs in the future.

Why not consider premiums instead? You get the same playfield as LE and if the game is a keeper you can add a shaker, HD glass and all the other stuff later

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s the extra money,gotta justify it somehow,everything does feel Much more solid on my GB premium than all the pros Ive played,I have im pro,it feels really solid,I’ve only played the le a few times,I couldn’t tell much difference. Hopefully this le will feel as good as my gb premium does compared to the pro . Excited to get my le,should be soon up here for us Canadians !!

#833 3 years ago

I promise last video. The easiest way for me to give a heads up to current or future LE / Prem owners that are unaware of this issue. I've talked to over a dozen owners now that have had the same issue with the turtle van diverter. Some of them have one that doesn't close all the way. Hopefully they can head this off at the Stern factory before sending anymore out.

2:10 into the video if you want to see an example of what is happening.

#834 3 years ago

Hoping my LE coming next week doesnt have these issues....im not the best at tinkering

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So is the game less blah for you now? Are you starting to feel something? You gave a pretty bleak first impressions some time ago.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I promise last video. The easiest way for me to give a heads up to current or future LE / Prem owners that are unaware of this isue. I've talked to over a dozen owners now that have had the same issue with the turtle van diverter. Some of them have one that doesn't close all the way. Hopefully they can head this off at the Stern factory before sending anymore out.
2:10 into the video if you want to see an example of what is happening.

That is a fairly easy fix if it does become a problem. When you buy an LE, you are also an early adopter and sometimes adjustments will be made for later premium runs.

- The Elvira LE I bought came with the updated skill shot ball guides attatched to the top of the shipping box.
- I just received an update for the TRex ramp on my JP Premium. I never even requested this, but my distributor got them and provided me one.

Rob

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So far my high is 245 million on the LE and 139 Million on the pro at our local brewery.

20200705_191013 (resized).jpg20200705_191013 (resized).jpg
#838 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I really only got to play the game for about 90 minutes last night. I upgraded to the new code last night 1.04 hoping it might have been a bug but it did not help. Several times after “TurtlePower” multi ball mainly ( could be both Multiballs) but after the Multiball the next time I hit the ball up the right ramp it locked in the van and ended my ball.
It actually happened on the launch of my 2nd or third ball where it immediately went into the van and didn’t even allow the ball to relaunch with the ball save still flashing.
Is this a software bug or possibly something wrong in my setup or an opto?
Anyone experiencing this?
It’s extremely disheartening but I assume that it can be fixed easily when I understand what is actually causing it.

I am having the same problem on my LE. Ball goes up right ramp straight into turtle van, and instead of starting multiball, it ends my ball. Any word on this?

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from Adg5016:

I am having the same problem on my LE. Ball goes up right ramp straight into turtle van, and instead of starting multiball, it ends my ball. Any word on this?

Your diverter is most likely getting stuck on your ramp. Take the purple plastic off from behind the turtle van and look to see if that's the case.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Your diverter is most likely getting stuck on your ramp. Take the purple plastic off from behind the turtle van and look to see if that's the case.

So I checked it once and there was nothing on the ramp, but just took it apart again and huge gash into the ramp, so hoping that’s it. Put a felt pad over. Will give update after tonight. Thank you.

B024A80C-0AE8-455A-8754-0016E530EF57 (resized).jpegB024A80C-0AE8-455A-8754-0016E530EF57 (resized).jpeg
#841 3 years ago

Anyone else’s LE drop the turtle power balls straight down the middle immediately? Is there an adjustment I need to make to get them to hit at least one of the flippers?! lol

#842 3 years ago

Turtles LE. The diverter will eat through foam and get stuck. Found a random cliffy I had laying around. Double side mounting tape. Working great so far.

0727A306-D405-46BF-80D5-580A6982F328 (resized).jpeg0727A306-D405-46BF-80D5-580A6982F328 (resized).jpeg0DDA69C7-5056-4C41-AF06-0B8982BF3DC1 (resized).jpeg0DDA69C7-5056-4C41-AF06-0B8982BF3DC1 (resized).jpeg
#843 3 years ago

After about 50 games or so, I’m noticing a fair amount of jettisoned balls off the last left wireform return corner when they are of course, hauling turtle ass.
If Borg or Dwight could take note of this problem and add an upper rail to this corner to match the first bend’s upper rail, it would keep the ball smoothly flowing down the wireform.
Please and thanks!

6E949367-85A5-4B54-8E44-716932997101 (resized).jpeg6E949367-85A5-4B54-8E44-716932997101 (resized).jpeg
#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Turtles LE. The diverter will eat through foam and get stuck. Found a random cliffy I had laying around. Double side mounting tape. Working great so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw this post on FB as well. Can you explain in more detail what you actually did? You put double sided mounting tape on the diverter itself? Like around the right and left side? What size did you use if so?

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I saw this post on FB as well. Can you explain in more detail what you actually did? You put double sided mounting tape on the diverter itself? Like around the right and left side? What size did you use if so?

Added some pics. Added that mounting tape from amazon to a cliffy. Not sure what game that was for. I then stuck it on the clear ramp so the diverter bangs into the metal instead of the plastic ramp. My buddies ramp was cracked after 3 plays. Crazy.

B45A98A0-D40A-4A90-B0F5-087AFEAD68FC (resized).jpegB45A98A0-D40A-4A90-B0F5-087AFEAD68FC (resized).jpegE9AD9C18-9963-4B13-A430-A9723F346AB6 (resized).jpegE9AD9C18-9963-4B13-A430-A9723F346AB6 (resized).jpeg
#846 3 years ago

Is that a ramp protector for Funhouse?

#847 3 years ago

I went old-school and double-sided taped a classic Bally protector onto the ramp. Fits completely snug and is thinner than a Cliffy.
Good time to deburr the Party Wagon diverter flap as well.
Edges were super sharp on mine.
D112DC5E-1CC4-4349-89B8-173DD444421D (resized).jpegD112DC5E-1CC4-4349-89B8-173DD444421D (resized).jpeg
Edit:
Now, obviously this is a TEMPORARY fix since I’m SURE Stern will be making us a proper “Revision B” ramp with BOTH the new diverter guard, AND the wireform curve fix, so future turtleheads can rest easy knowing Stern has saved the proverbial day once again!

Edit Edit:
Here’s the part # since peeps were asking.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/P-7639

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I went old-school and double-sided taped a classic Bally protector onto the ramp. Fits completely snug and is thinner than a Cliffy.
Good time to deburr the Party Wagon diverter flap as well.
Edges were super sharp on mine.
[quoted image]

Hopefully stern sends us all a ramp with a legit built in metal piece. 9k and we have to install metal piece with tape.

#849 3 years ago

Nah, they will send you a piece of metal with adhesive on it to place there. Problem is already solved no need to do development.

Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Hopefully stern sends us all a ramp with a legit built in metal piece. 9k and we have to install metal piece with tape.

#850 3 years ago

The issues are due to lack of testing prior to release. Pinball companies do minimal testing now a days. Almost all my Stern pins need some adjusting or additional Stern parts to correct an issue. It’s part of Pinball for sure. They will get all this sorted out at some point! The game is awesome and fun to play for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/17?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.