(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 241.
#8851 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’m back in the club. Plan was to upgrade to the LE as I love the art and the theme so much. The back glass art could be my fav of stern’s all time.
Anything I miss in the code or great mods during the past year or so? Like major improvements? I remember the scoring for winning modes being a little wonky - would be nice if that was more balanced.

I just PM'ed you with a surprise to save you some time.

#8852 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Agreed on the backglass. I'm even having a hard time thinking of a runner up. ...maybe godzilla, gotg?.
So I'm late to the party but it looks like a new tmnt movie is slated for Aug 2023. I'm really hoping this could mean stern wants the code clean (and maybe a bit more sexy) by then for another run. Considering that releases have slowed down because of so many existing stern games in demand hopefully it gives time to some programmers to clean up this code.
My wish list:
1. Make the scoring more exciting: I love that this game isn't all 'point salad' like so many others, but when I do have a good ball I want to look up at the score and go 'Holy $#×!', which doesn't happen now . I'm convinced Dwight could find a way but I know it can be tricky to stay ballenced. Ideas: A: training is tough but even though only lit shots progress, they themselves are worth next to nothing on their own. Increase points at least a little bit. Or make the perks a bit higher. As of now you'd be a bit nuts to go for this for a tournament strategy. Too far on the risky side over reward for even an above average player on a tough shooting game. B: increase episode shot points: make extra shots (before you cash out) extra valuable. Maybe even a partial multiplier, or just extra time, then make the extra time a bonus on the episode. C: just double all the points? I know it's not quite this simple due to math (easy for it go out of ballance) but right now 40-60mil is a great game. It just seems like even if it was around 100mil, it's a more satisfying benchmark.
2. Make the pro's action button used more than once a game: even when playing mikey I only get to the pizza eating contest once on even a great game. I'm resigned to having the button almost useless on the pro but at least have the option more than once a game. And on default you can seemingly only get an eb like every 30 times IF i even get to PEC. Ideas for fixing/sexy-ing up: A: add pizza slices to pop bumper mysteries. B: each time you hit a pizza target you have a (very) short time hit the button to eat a secret second one. C: ballance the target pizza slices to new rules. Maybe eb on second target amount reached(?) Reduce points off of PEC: 4mil is a lot already. Maybe just by like 25% if there is possibility of getting 2 a game.
3. Add a settings option to reduce the Nuetrito MB back down to 2 trainings completed. For the love of pinball Dwight, I'm begging you please have mercy on us who aren't sold on buying the qr code readers. (I know, I know, your getting presure from head office, ...maybe you could hide it then in the setting and just 'leak' the Konami code) .
4. Make the animation a bit more exciting. I'm not a hater here. Overall I like it, but only if there was someone who did all the work already to say, one major character that would make the animation that much better. (I know, I know, licensing issues, ... egos of existing staff...) Fact is, someone made a homebrew better version.
5. Fix the bugs. ...please, please, please. Especially the tpmb, that thing is embarrassing.
...just a thought.

I would like to add that I would like to a way to disable the shaker motor for when balls are spinning on the pizza right before ninja pizza multiball is about to start. The rumbling during that part is a bit obnoxious.
Regarding score balancing, keep the current balance by increasing all scores by a certain %. If not, then make it an adjustable setting to give it a boost so my dopamine receptors can get a fix.

#8853 1 year ago

Perhaps someone can help with this question. How do I start Neutrino Party? I already have all turtles trained to Level 4. Do I still need to complete training three times in a game?

Also, does anyone have any useful tips for securing the eight-ball multiball besides constantly hitting the pops and waiting for gummy bears to appear?

#8854 1 year ago
Quoted from Deepblue89:

Perhaps someone can help with this question. How do I start Neutrino Party? I already have all turtles trained to Level 4. Do I still need to complete training three times in a game?

Yes you still need to complete training multiple times even if you are leveled up. That’s a complaint some folks had about IC.

#8855 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Yes you still need to complete training multiple times even if you are leveled up. That’s a complaint some folks had about IC.

Yeah - as an IC user I probably will never get to NPP again since there is no other incentive to "level up" a maxed out turtle. I'd be happy with leveling one time (if you are already level four) to get to NPP. Certainly not three times though. Not nearly enough reward for the risk.

#8856 1 year ago

Sheesh. That’s disappointing. That means that I would have to complete the hardest level of training three times just to light it. It definitely doesn’t seem worth doing except to chase that Insider Connect achievement. Even then it seems ridiculous. I wonder if I can start logged out and then log in after completing two of the three training stages.

#8857 1 year ago
Quoted from Deepblue89:

Sheesh. That’s disappointing. That means that I would have to complete the hardest level of training three times just to light it. It definitely doesn’t seem worth doing except to chase that Insider Connect achievement. Even then it seems ridiculous. I wonder if I can start logged out and then log in after completing two of the three training stages.

You can reset the level of your turtle.

#8858 1 year ago

As a former pro owner now with an LE, it’s crazy how different that krang loop and center ramp are. The big difference is that it’s much slower coming to the left top flipper. I believe that top right ramp that is unique to the prem LE causes the ball to come in much differently to that top left flipper. I feel much more in control which makes it more fun.

Also what is the skill shot off the plunge? Pro had that in lane skill shot but I don’t see something similar. Is it just the turtle shots?

#8859 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

t’s crazy how different that krang loop and center ramp are. The big difference is that it’s much slower coming to the left top flipper. I believe that top right ramp that is unique to the prem LE causes the ball to come in much differently to that top left flipper. I feel much more in control which makes it more fun.

I have never owned the pro, but have a premium. I have played the pro a bunch and i agree with you.

#8860 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a former pro owner now with an LE, it’s crazy how different that krang loop and center ramp are. The big difference is that it’s much slower coming to the left top flipper. I believe that top right ramp that is unique to the prem LE causes the ball to come in much differently to that top left flipper. I feel much more in control which makes it more fun.
Also what is the skill shot off the plunge? Pro had that in lane skill shot but I don’t see something similar. Is it just the turtle shots?

Yeah, one of the downsides, or benefit? Is that ball doesn’t launch to inlanes so you get less bonus buildup too.

#8861 1 year ago

For those that swapped servos - do I really flip the red and green on this or green and yellow? I bought the hd-645mg

And do I even need to swap these or swapping the orange and brown enough?

9286A97C-18F6-4FE2-9079-18A62BF938DB (resized).jpeg9286A97C-18F6-4FE2-9079-18A62BF938DB (resized).jpeg

Edit it’s green and red. Success

#8862 1 year ago
Quoted from Deepblue89:

Man, I thought at least they would give you neutrino at the beginning of every game if you're leveled up past 3. Brutal. Yet another reason for the neutrino mb to go back down to 2. ...and another reason for me not to buy an ic for this pin.

Quoted from delt31:

For those that swapped servos - do I really flip the red and green on this or green and yellow? I bought the hd-645mg
And do I even need to swap these or swapping the orange and brown enough?
[quoted image]

It sounds like a bomb defusing movie scene. ..."what ever you do, don't cut the red wire!!"...

#8863 1 year ago

Haha yep. Very tight but all good. I ended up splicing together green and red. I needed to adjust the blue pad as well so it wouldn’t cause the ball to jam on the right.

I even checked the Ralph skill shot and the glider points to the van to stop the ball automatically like it’s designed to. Reverse worked. Appreciate all the help in this thread!

#8864 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with left orbit. My ball more times than not when rolling up the left orbit sputters out and falls back. Not sure if its Playfield pitch issue or maybe the ball guide is not aligned properly?

#8865 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Anyone else having issues with left orbit. My ball more times than not when rolling up the left orbit sputters out and falls back. Not sure if its Playfield pitch issue or maybe the ball guide is not aligned properly?

When I bought mine, had the same issue! Turned out to be a post that raises to knock the ball back down the left orbit to upper left flipper lol. Assume you know about that already?

#8866 1 year ago

Is anyone else not getting credit for A Team of Heroes? I've done it a couple of times now but no cheevo

#8867 1 year ago

I made it to final battle.......................on coop mode lol. Still a lot of fun.

When I got to final battle, there was no sound. I haven't done latest code update, so I'm guessing that's why. I'm hesitant to change code due to crash stories I'm hearing. Plus, I don't have IC, so not sure if I need it. Does new code have sound issues in final battle?

#8868 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I made it to final battle.......................on coop mode lol. Still a lot of fun.
When I got to final battle, there was no sound. I haven't done latest code update, so I'm guessing that's why. I'm hesitant to change code due to crash stories I'm hearing. Plus, I don't have IC, so not sure if I need it. Does new code have sound issues in final battle?

Yeah you need the latest code for final battle audio

#8869 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

what version are you on? 1.41? i think final battle was fixed on 1.50+
The Turtle Power Multiball crash has been around from 1.2x
It's a little gamble i guess, some people reported the crash happened more often, some got it less with updates.
you can have a look at the change document and decide you want to got the way of an update:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/turtles_PRO-V1_51_00-README.txt

personally i would and do it with a fresh install on a new sd-card.

#8870 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

what version are you on? 1.41? i think final battle was fixed on 1.50+
The Turtle Power Multiball crash has been around from 1.2x
It's a little gamble i guess, some people reported the crash happened more often, some got it less with updates.
you can have a look at the change document and decide you want to got the way of an update:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/turtles_PRO-V1_51_00-README.txt
personally i would and do it with a fresh install on a new sd-card.

yes, I think I'm on 1.4x. I will update and see how it goes.

#8871 1 year ago

For any new people, if you don't have Scandell 's April mod you are seriously missing out. It's the number one reason to be on the 1.50/1.51 code.

#8872 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Are you speaking of the left orbit stoping the ball and letting it roll back down for a shot at the ramp or inner orbit?if so it is by design!

#8873 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

For any new people, if you don't have Scandell 's April mod you are seriously missing out. It's the number one reason to be on the 1.50/1.51 code.

does it work with insider?

#8874 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

does it work with insider?

Yep, it does. I'm not sure if there's a setting, but you don't want it to update over wifi once you've got it installed otherwise future updates will overwrite the mod and you'll have to wait for an update from the creator to get the mod back.

#8875 1 year ago

April code or 80s?

#8876 1 year ago

Both will be overwritten if you update over wifi.

#8877 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This is simply the best mod for the left outlane drains.

I agree and took your advice and stuck this one on there. Ball still drains just fine but this gives you a little extra for a bounce back. Thanks for the idea.

057CB9DB-435A-4C06-AFB1-F0A835288635 (resized).jpeg057CB9DB-435A-4C06-AFB1-F0A835288635 (resized).jpeg
#8878 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

April code or 80s?

80s for me.

#8879 1 year ago

April code for me and Its amazing

#8880 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

April code or 80s?

the correct answer is both.
You can prepare two separte sd-cards, one with 80's one with scandells mod.
Highscore and settings you can transfer via a USB-stick that you can keep plugged in. With the Save/Load function in the menu. But if this is too much work you can just once move it over and then see what mod you play best.
To have an easy switch of the sd-cards i got an sd-card extension cable like in this Post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderns-stern-easy-sd-card-switching-or-how-not-to-break-the-backglas#post-6868515

Then you do only need to open the speaker panel and have access to the sd-card without the need to remove the backglas.

#8881 1 year ago

So how are people using the glider from a strategy perspective? Still trying to determine the best use of it besides the unique mode it brings. Former pro pro owner here

#8882 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So how are people using the glider from a strategy perspective? Still trying to determine the best use of it besides the unique mode it brings. Former pro pro owner here

To be honest, I mostly ignore it because it's not terribly useful or fun. Like many other Pre/LE only features, the integration is limited because it does not exist on pro models.

Rob

#8883 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I find it useful when qualifying episodes. If I need to hit the left ramp in order to qualify my next episode, I make sure the glider is diverting the ball to my right flipper for an easy shot to the turtle van to start the episode. I admit, the glider isn't the most useful feature, but I'm a sucker for all the bells and whistles on my premiums.

#8884 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I find it useful when qualifying episodes. If I need to hit the left ramp in order to qualify my next episode, I make sure the glider is diverting the ball to my right flipper for an easy shot to the turtle van to start the episode. I admit, the glider isn't the most useful feature, but I'm a sucker for all the bells and whistles on my premiums.

Are there rules differences with the PREM vs pro? I thought there was for this game, but don’t remember what it was - pizza topping? Am I in the ball park or totally off?

#8885 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just use the glider to set up my shots so I can shoot the ramps easier. I never use it to cash in on the glider points.

#8886 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I just use the glider to set up my shots so I can shoot the ramps easier. I never use it to cash in on the glider points.

Bingo!

#8887 1 year ago

How so? Maybe some examples?

#8888 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

How so? Maybe some examples?

Sure! If I want to hit the LAIR, I change it so it feeds my right flipper. If I want to hit the right loop, I change it to feed left flipper.

#8889 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are there rules differences with the PREM vs pro? I thought there was for this game, but don’t remember what it was - pizza topping? Am I in the ball park or totally off?

Mushroom is an LE/Pre only topping which enables the Lair Lock.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

Rob

#8890 1 year ago

Also 8 ball multiball

#8891 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Mushroom is an LE/Pre only topping which enables the Lair Lock.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf
Rob

Why limit that code to only prem/le!?
Not like its done via a feature only available on a prem/le. Would be super handy…

#8892 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:Why limit that code to only prem/le!?
Not like its done via a feature only available on a prem/le. Would be super handy…

I think the pro lair has only 1 switch where the Pre/LE has two. The pro would never be able to detect stacked balls in the lair as a result. I think the timed 2x Lair Lock is a better (more fun) feature than the glider bonus (which I never bother with).

Rob

#8893 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

think the pro lair has only 1 switch where the Pre/LE has two. The pro would never be able to detect stacked balls in the lair as a result. I think the timed 2x Lair Lock is a better (more fun) feature than the glider bonus (which I never bother with).

Rob

they could make the topping enable the 2x but not hold the ball the entire time as an adequate substitute on the pro.

#8894 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

they could make the topping enable the 2x but not hold the ball the entire time as an adequate substitute on the pro.

Won't happen.. lol... It's just one of those extras you get (paid for) with PRE/LE purchase.

Rob

#8895 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Won't happen.. lol... It's just one of those extras you get (paid for) with PRE/LE purchase.

Rob

Agreed. But it WOULD make the Toppings feature better than it is now. I'm pretty sure there is still a topping that doesn't even do anything.

#8896 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Or have it lock in the parlor. The mushroom is really the thing in the prem that I'm most jealous of. Would love to see in impemented some how on the pro.. ...but I've given up hope.

#8897 1 year ago

Imo, the glider is useful in so many aspects to playing TMNT with more meaningful strategy than all other games. Instead of dangerous bounce passing, I use the glider to get ball to left flipper to safely backhand shots into the Lair. Episode selecting from left flipper. Glider change to avoid starting a blinking TPMB by getting ball to left inlane to begin foot mode, then glider change to hit right ramp to qualify next mode. Then glider again to get back to right flipper for safe shot into the pizza parlor. Glider is one of the most awesome useful mechs on any pinball machine, when properly used and thought out on attacking Shredder and Krang. Using the glider in this manner makes TMNT a much easier game to play than without it. Very useful mech! Love how it is controlled by us the player using the action button.

#8898 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Imo, the glider is most useful in so many aspects to playing TMNT with more meaningful strategy than all other games. Instead of dangerous bounce passing, I use the glider to get ball to left flipper to safely backhand shots into the lair. Episode selecting from left flipper. Avoiding starting a blinking TPMB by getting ball to left in lane to begin foot mode, then hit right ramp to qualify next mode. Then glider again to get back to right flipper for safe shot into the pizza parlor. Glider is the most awesome useful mech on most any pinball machine when properly used and thought out on attacking Shredder. Using the glider in this manner makes TMNT a much easier game to play than without it. Great mech!

I believe Dwight mentioned on a podcast that there was a debate between including the diverter or the spinning pizza disc on the Pro and they went with the Pizza. If that was the case, in hindsight they definitely should have went with diverter on the Pro. When it comes down to it, the Pizza Disc doesn't really add much to the overall game. But, what's done is done.

#8899 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I believe Dwight mentioned on a podcast that there was a debate between including the diverter or the spinning pizza disc on the Pro and they went with the Pizza. If that was the case, in hindsight they definitely should have went with diverter on the Pro. When it comes down to it, the Pizza Disc doesn't really add much to the overall game. But, what's done is done.

Probably went with the spinning pizza disk since that is the more “flashy” of the 2.

#8900 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The disc isn't especially grippy so it doesn't affect ball trajectory much.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.